TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Open Gates, Frozen Hearts by killer_carebear

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer
All Naruto Characters belong to Kishimoto-san. I'm getting no money for this.

Okay, this is my first Naruto fanfic. I hope you put it to your enjoyment. Rate and Review if you would like.
The wind cracked around the two figures as they made their way across the desert. It blew the cloth of their turbans into their faces, making their rough journey all the more fun. The front figure hunched over his camel, growling to himself. "I hate this! Why did you force me to come along with you on this miserable journey?!" The figure behind him laughed. "Last time I checked, Naruto, you agreed to come along with me." The blonde headed young man in the front turned to glare at his partner. "Funny..."He said, shooting his head back, "...I don't remember..."

The young man in the back covered his eyes with a hand and gazed forward. He couldn't see a blasted thing. Why HAD he chosen to take this stupid quest?

"Colonel Rock Lee..."The Queens voice said in the depths of his memory...

Queen Tsunade stared down at the Colonel, who eyes were lifted in respect. He saluted. "You summoned me m'lady?" Her Majesty nodded and stood up. "Colonel Lee, I have called you here because I have a very important mission for you that could do well to aid the Nation of Leaves..."
Lee's ears had perked at the word "mission". An important mission?

"I am deeply honored m'lady..."

Tsunade lifted a hand. "You are one of the finest soldiers in my army...The only other people I would give this to are Uchiha and Hyuga, but they are busy with other matters..."
Lee could feel his face flushing with slight jealousy. Generals Uchiha and Hyuga were the strongest in the Royal Army...of course she would go to them first...

"However, on the duty of this mission..." Lee blinked and stood to attention. "Just recently, the closed lands of the Easer Desert have opened their gates. The Sultan of the Land of Sand has been convinced to open trade to the other Nations. For what I have heard, he is a cold, distant man...but I will not let this opportunity go to waste!"

Lee gulped. The Land of Sand? That was said to be a very hostile land, full of sorcery and rumbling hatred. Monsters roamed the desert freely, without restraint. It had been closed off from the outside world for as long as the Nations had been formed, but now it was open?

"I want you, Colonel, to go to the Nation of Sand and open trade before any of the other Nations can get there grubby hands in there. I want first pick of the Sand's bounty."

Lee saluted. "Will I be going alone?"

Tsunade sighed."I do not want to seem a threat to the Sultan, so I want to send an army with you. I want you to go as light as possible. Perhaps, simply take one other person with you..."

Lee bowed."As you wish m'lady. I have one allready in mind. How long before I leave?"

"I want you to be ready in three days, pack and prepared. Now, I will leave you to get ready..."Tsunade sat back down and Lee saluted, turned, and left...


"Lee! Hey Lee!" Naruto's voice tore Lee from his memories. "Lee! I think we're getting close..."Lee glanced up. Through the sand rose the giant outline of a wall in the distance. "What that?" Naruto asked.

"The Wall of Suna...the Gate of Sand...our entrance. Let's just hope that this goes by smoothly." Lee said with a sigh. He didn't want to stay out in this heat for much longer.

The sand seemed to die down as the travelers approached the wall. It loomed before them as a giant shadow, edges blurred from their constant exposure to the wind and sand. The closer they came, the more the walls began to make way to a narrow passage. In the center of the passage were two massive gates.

They were made out of gold and shown in the sun like twin beams. On the front of the gate was the etching of twin lions wrapped together by their tails and manes. Their eyes were precious green gems that glistened in their golden heads. Mother of Pearl seemed to be imbedded in the manes of the lions. It was beautiful and complex, almost as if the wind never touched them.

Naruto whistled. “Wow. If this is any indication of what the Land of Sand's riches are. We’re in the right place..." Lee nodded. "Let's just hope we can get thsi over with in good time...this place gives me the creeps…"

"Halt! Who goes there!" Two guards stood at the end of the gate. Large turbans covered their heads and dark colored shawls draped across their faces. Lee stopped his camel in front of the guards. "Hello good sirs..."

The guards simply stared at the Colonel. Lee chuckled nervously. "Uhhh...yes...quite." He sat up straight on the back of his camel and stared back at the guards. "I am Colonel Rock Lee of the Nation of Leaves. I am here to speak to your Sultan." The guards looked at each other, than toward Lee. One of the guards smiled, though Lee couldn't make it out because of the shawl. "Of course...our apologies..." The sand guard bowed. He nodded to the two Ambassadors and quickly opened the gate. Naruto hurried his camel through, followed closely by his partner. On the other side of the gate sat another guard, already mounted. He turned to follow the two as they moved.

The gate closed behind them with a loud thud. " I feel liked a trapped rat..." Lee said uncomfortably, looking over his shoulder. He looked forward toward the city. It was a marvelous sight. The buildings were made completely out of sand and they were built up from the ground. They were ornately decorated with many precious stones. The people were out in the streets, browsing along the markets and talking together. As Lee and Naruto passed, the citizens would stop and look at them. Naruto smiled with his head up, but Lee looked down at the head of his camel. He felt very uncomfortable with all of their eyes on him. It reminded him of his days in school, where the people would stare at him as well. The eyes that judged him as the failure. As the reject.

They moved forward until they were in the center of the city. A huge mountain of a building rose before them. It was made of pure white sand and it shown like a star in the midst of the city. Naruto blinked. “Fancy..." The windows were covered by rich red fabric that blew cool air into the palace. The whole thing looked like more than anything Lee had seen back in Konoha.

The travelers were stopped at the palace gates by two guards and dismounted. As their camels were taken away to the stables, they were told (very directly) to wait where they were. They stood at the entrance for quite awhile before a figure appeared at the gate. It was a woman. Her dirty blonde hair stuck out in 4 pigtails in the back of her head. Her dress was like that of the normal citizens of Sand, but her lack of a veil meant she was a woman of high standing.

The woman stared at them through the gates, a slight look of distrust on her face. “We’ve been getting those a lot since we’ve got here…” Lee thought to himself with a smirk. He guessed they had a right though, after being secluded from all the other nations for so long. With a long, drawn out breath, the woman spoke, “I am Temari, Sister of the Sultan and Spokeswoman to the People. The Sultan extends his welcome to you and hopes that you can teach us your culture…” Most of it sounded very rehearsed, as though she had been forced to do it.

Lee blinked. “Wait a minute…teach?” However, Temari kept on talking as if she hadn't heard him. “Now, if you will follow me, I will take you to His Majesty…” She turned on her heel and made her way back toward the Palace. The gate door swung open and the two Konoha ambassadors cautiously moved inside and after Temari, toward an uncertain future.
Chapter end notes: Ok. My first chapter is done. I'm sorry if there are some grammar errors. I'm not the best at that. However, I do hope it was interesting. ^^ I'm having fun writing this. In future chapters, this might become Yaoi. Just to warn you. I will change the rating and category if this happens.

Chapter 2 should be coming soon. Please rate and review!