TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


It's not over! by atenademon

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:
Nothing to be said, please leave a review ^.^
It was almost night. The orange rays of the sun were falling directly over the forest lightening a little and preparing it for the darkness which was about to come.

The scene before him was like nothing he had ever seen. The sight, the feeling even the scent of death was there in front of him. Trees ripped from their place, dirt thrown everywhere, holes in the ground and bodies of innocent animals which got in the way were scattered here and there. Dust filled the air making it harder to breathe and to see. That area could also be called a damaged zone, because it seemed as if a nuclear bomb exploded there.

"I won't let you pass, Sasuke!" the yell filled the forest. As soon as those words were spoken, birds flew from their nests to get away from the danger which was about to come.

And then... was fire. Long streaks of red flames flew from one part of what used to be a forest to the other, ravishing everything which got in their way. Black smoke started to rise above the forest covering everything. No man would survive that plague which would come in any moment.

But he did. Coughing but with his heart still beating, Naruto jumped away from the flames dodging them as best he could knowing that if he would get hit then he would surely be defeated. This... he just couldn't allow it to happen. Breathing heavilly because of the smoke, he ran trying to hide behind the trees or even behind bigger rocks. His mind was yelling continuously to get away from that forest and admit that he should call it a day because he had no chance against the other one. But his heart yelled louder and it screamed to his legs to stay in place and fight for that important person which he wanted to take back to the village.

Finally he stopped from running and hid behind a rock trying to catch his breath. His ANBU uniform was ripped in many parts and didn't give a chance of being repaired back to the uniform which it used to be. Naruto let out a small swear at this thought. Why would he care about his clothing right now? Because this was his proof of being acknowledged as a great shinobi in his country and it showed that he was one of the best in his village. But how could he be the best if he couldn't at least bring his friend back? In his point of view now, accomplishment would only be bringing his opponent from this battle back. It was accomplishment if he would bring Sasuke back.


I was blown away.
What could I say?
It all seemed to make sense.
You've taken away everything.
And I can't deal with that.

Cautious and silently Naruto peered over the rock as he sensed that the flames and the smoke cooled down for a moment. He noticed that the burst of chakra from earlier calmed down and now at least for a few seconds he was safe. Sweat poured down his face because of the nervousness of not knowing where his opponent was at this moment. But more because of the intense moving around to get away from the hits.

Holding his breath, he looked around the area to see if there ws any trace of his oponnent. For his luck or dismay, he couldn't see the other one around. Everything seemed deserted, only steam mixed with smoke was above and not even a movement was there. Swallowing hard, Naruto wiped the blood which escaped from the corner of his mouth with the back of his right hand and waited, all his senses woken up at maximum paying attention to the slightest detail around him. His gloved right hand fell beside him and went straight to the pouch preparing some explosives or kunais in case of an emergency.

Time seemed to pass so slowly and with that only his impatience and worry would increase. He was at disadvantage, the enemy was far beyond stronger than him.

Hearing the small rustle between the leaves of a distant tree, Naruto tightened his grip around the kunai, preparing himself for the next move. He was sure of one thing: He won't lose!

But instead nothing came. Letting out a small sigh, his grip loosened only a bit but he still paid attention to the slightest movement. A small wind like a breeze blew gently from behind him. Sensing it, he knew that he was too late. With eyes wide open he moved his gaze behind him. Only to let out a noise of surprise.

"Tch, you are weak." The voice said. Naruto, who was in front of him turned fully towards him but stood in the same place. He just stared in those red eyes filled with hate and ambition. A frown appeared on the blonde's face and Naruto leaned against the rock which was staying, not giving any detail of bein freightened. He was preared for the worst.

"This is called a failure, doesn't it?" he asked. Sasuke listened to those words and took his katana from the hilt with small movements. Then, he leaned forward until his mouth was next to the other one's ear. Naruto didn't pull back, he just stood there waiting for the next move. Waitinng for the other to finish him off like he planned.

"From the whole beginning was, dobe." He whispered and in the next second a sound of blade hitting skin echoed between the walls of the forest soon to be followed by a yell. The Sharingan wielder hilted his katana and not giving another glance at the almost breathless body, he turned around walking. "My happiness has been taken away from me and now you are trying to take away my dream, my only important thing left and this I won't allow, Naruto. Forget the past, forget everything, those were only illusions. Forget me." he said and disappeared from his sight leaving him consumed by his soon-to-be death.


****




And here he was now, memories from a distant past starting to fade in the darkness which already took control of his mind. He couldn't remember anything or anyone, it was just emptiness. He was that emptiness, just a shell of desperation and nothing could change that. Nothing.

Every inch and part of his body ached. It hurt. Maybe that was the pain which would pierce the whole body before the death. But it was more pain because of the malicious desire of causing harm to everything around him which grew up from his inside. Red dilated eyes turned their gaze at his feet, one body was lying there breathless with blood escaping it forming a puddle around him. His hands, clothes were stained with the blood of that person, making him realize that he caused the death for that person. But there was no remorse, there was only the feeling of accomplishment.

He laughed maniacally and raised his hands to see the red liquoir better. It amazed him the colour and the smell of it. The smell of the evil person on him. It... mesmerized him. It enchanted him.

His claws grew larger and the orange cloak surrounded him more, his teeth got sharper and no hint of the young man called Naruto was there anymore. Just the demon fox's chakra which leaked from the seal taking control of the blonde's body was there.

His head only spin around the memory of the dead man's at his feet.

That delicious feeling, as honey as sweet.

The sweet pleasure of causing death.

Yes. He killed him.

He killed Uchiha... Itachi.


I try to see the good in life,
But good things in life are hard to find.
We'll blow it away, blow it away.
Can we make this something good?


The reason of his pain and sorrow was dead. Gone from his life, from everyone's lives. But especially from one certain one man's soul.

Naruto in his fox shape roared and his three orange tails swooped around the area creating a shield for no one to approach him. He liked that power now, he liked to be strong and he couldn't let someone take that away from him. It just made him feel good for once in his life. Just thinking at that, his whole body reacted and caused more damage to the forest around him.


"What's our situation?" one asked as he arrived to the group. The small team was at shelter behind the rocks trying to maintain the demon's power but without success. The others, five at number shook their head ashamed to their teammate.

"We cannot calm Naruto, he got too absorbed by the demon's chakra." Sakura answered, while healing herself. Neji gave her a look and saw that everyone was hurt, their skin was red from the burns. Hinata, Shikamaru, Kiba, Ino and Sakura were more dead than alive in front of him. The Hyuuga shook his head and sighing he turned his gaze towards the orange form in the distance. It roared and growled so loudly that it made his hair on the back of his head raise.

"We have only one choice." he said and the others gave him a shocked look.

"You don't actually mean that..." Kiba tried to say.

"Yes. Now... he's the only one who can calm Naruto."


****




Dark filled the whole room, the smell of something rotten was only there. Nothing felt like being there, only the sound of water dripping from a distant pipe could be heard. It had its own rhythm and it seemed very insistent in causing harm to the ears. Then, in the distance, a metal sound made itself heard, doors opened fast and feet pressed against the floor as the person was running fast, it echoed loudly inside his brain. Surprised at hearing something different, the tall man rose his head and looked between the bars of his cell. What was all that commotion?

As he was looking outside, the raven met the sight of a brunette in front of him.

Neji Hyuuga looked apparently exhausted, bruises were over his face and his ANBU uniform seemed ripped. The raven made a smirk and chuckled silently at the image.

"There goes with the very known Hyuuga calmness." he said and laughed to himself. Neji frowned at the sight of the raven being tied to a chair and rose a piece of paper. Sasuke stopped from laughing and stared at the paper reading it, absorbing its every word.

"Consider every restriction placed on you, terminated from this moment." he said. Sasuke gave a look of doubt and sank in his chair. He sighed and looked everywhere else but not at the brunette.

"And what does it mean to me?" he asked cocky.

"You'll be exited from this chakra supression cell and no more charges will be brought against you." the Hyuuga said seriously and searched for any sign of agreement coming from the raven. But the other one wasn't looking at him.

Taking a deep sigh, the Hyuuga made a hand sign. The Uchiha heir sensed that the pressure against his hands softened and that his arms were now free. Seeing that there was nothing holding him there, he rose on his feet cautious and turned to the cell door which was now wide open. He walked towars it and arrived in front of the ANBU black operator.

His eyes fell lower and his gaze met the sight of his blade which he used to have for more than five years. His hands made their way towards the weapon and seeing that Neji wasn't holding any opposition, he grabbed the weapon which he hasn't seen over one year. He unsheathed it and his eyes caught the shining glimpse which the blade offered as it met its master. He stared at it for a second and felt how energy was coming back to him as freedom enlightened his soul.

"The price?" he asked knowing that everything had a reason for happening.


Well, I'll try to do it right this time around.
Let's start over.
I'll try to do it right this time around.
It's not over.
'Cause a part of me is dead and in the ground.
This love is killing me,



Neji made a smirk of his own and closed the cell door behind the Uchiha.

"You have to bring back Naruto." he said and turned around.

****



The two of them ran fast towards the destination of the released chaos. Forest passed by them in spots of green and dark brown as the sun was setting fast behind them. Sasuke was a bit annoyed that no details have been brought to him. Why would he be needed right now? It's not like he wanted to be the one to save Naruto from that situation.

"Why not anyone else?" he asked after a moment of silence. Neji gave him a gare and a frown deepened on his face.

"Yamato is lucky to be still breathing after his attempt and you... Uchiha... you are our last hope." He said and continued to skip on the branches of the trees in order to reach the desired place.


Naruto succeeded last year to bring Sasuke back to the village even if the raven always considered that his attempts were futile. But he did and Sasuke has been brought. All this year he has been under constant observation and has been kept in a closed spaces so he wouldn't try to run again. His chakra has been supressed and not even the Sharingan coud be used.


Everybody thought that everything would be fine and that Sasuke would change but that was only a thought, a wish because when Sasuke returned he tried at least ten times to rip Naruto's neck for forcing him to come back to that forsaken village. And Naruto also tried to punch him many times for the unforgettable things he did. More for leaving him to die in that forest one year ago.

But in time he calmed down and Naruto became his closest best friend again. Naruto would visit him everyday in his cell bringing food or trying to talk to him. All was good, as they thought but Naruto was still careful, cautious at the fact that this would be only a mask, a façade to fool people around and to make them believe that he changed. When he would actually be plotting his next betrayal.

Careful with him as he believed that people like Sasuke cannot change that easily.

Sasuke noticed that the blonde didn't visit him the past few days that more and thought that something was going on. And now, with the Hyuuga asking for help, it must have been important and dangerous.

After a long run, Sasuke along with Neji finally reached at the destination. His eyes searched the area and noticed how pitiful to watch it became. In the distance orange flames rose in the sky, the air was filled with the smell of ashes and burn. It made the air more repulsive and oppresive to breathe. He searched the area and saw many other ninjas creating a circle around the crater in whose middle was an orange fox form with sharp teeth and white eyes filled with the desire to kill.

The fourth tail appeared.

Expressionless, Sasuke studied the area in search of anything that would help him in his actions. Trees ripped off and burnt down to cinder. The forest floor which turned into a black desert. Everything was dreadful at the sight.

"He did bring you..." a voice said reassured. The Uchiha turned around and met the sight of the black-haired girl with sheer determination written on her face. Hinata walked closer to the two men with a sly smile on her face. She was holding her left arm which was bleeding quite bad but still she didn't show any glimpse of pain.

"I didn't have a choice." he sighed and started to walk towards the center of devastation. Which was Naruto.



But you're the only one.
It's not over.
Taken all I could take,
And I cannot wait.
We're wasting too much time
Being strong, holding on.
Can't let it bring us down.



"Be careful, Naruto just keeps widening the crater devastating everything around him." she said.


"Hn. For that reason you have me." he said and jumped in the crater.

Sasuke walked closer and closer to the orange shape of the fox. Everything burnt around him, even the ground was hot as he paced on it. He could easily observe that the fox cloak destroyed Naruto's skin cells and used his blood to have source of existence. The sign of chakra surrounding that area seemed hard to bear. It was malicious and with hidden desires of destroying everything which meant life. It all was opposite Naruto. It was unnatural to see this kind at Naruto.

His eyes caught the sight of the lifeless body which was at Naruto's feet. He widened his eyes as he realized that his brother had indeed died. Somehow he felt... miserable? Naruto wanted to make him become the one he used to be by killing the source of his pain? By accomplishing his dream instead of him to do so? He felt anger and pity in the same time. He didn't ask for Naruto to do this kind of 'brave' things.

"Brave, huh? You wanted to show off and headed straight without thinking at least once in your life." he said loudly enough. The roar of the demon fox ceased and turned his head towards the source of the speaker. He let out a loud growl and stared with a malicious glare in the raven's way. "But for me, you are pathetic." he smirked arrogantly. Wind started to blow and both of them did nothing just to stare. "Pathetic for letting that bastard fox taking control of you." he said again. "And I was the one to think that you actually did become stronger. This just prooves that you are not." he said.

Of course it was a lie, Sasuke acknowldged Naruto's strength since a long time ago. He was the only one who knew of what Naruto was capable of. But using those words right now would surely wake that blonde from inside the demon as Naruto never let him go without saying a reply of the same harshness. Then it came, the loud growl manifesting the irritation which was lying inside the demon. Sasuke merely smirked and waited for the other to make a move. He was waiting and analyzing anything which would help him bring back that blonde from the darkness of his mind. From the darkness which consumed his heart and soul.

Closing his eyes for a second, he opened them determined to finish his mission quickly and save his friend. Well, he wasn't going to admit it loudly but Naruto really was his closest friend.

He opened them just in time because that was when the blonde lunged at him in a quick attack. He barely had time to dodge it as the speed was just too big. The feeling of pain traced his insides as the sharp claws of the fox brushed deeply against his skin, pulling cloth and flesh. Moving aside, Sasuke landed in a crouch position and checked his wound. It was serious enough as blood gushed from the three cuts.

He didn't have time to think of something else as the blonde lunged again, this time with more force and speed as of a predator trying to finish its prey. He managed to counter the attack with his blade but unsuccessfully as the blonde's claws which were heated to maximum started to cause damage to the sword. Seeing this Sasuke pushed with his foot against the fox's head and with that he jumped away but not after he received another hard burning scratch on his back.

My life with you means everything,
So I won't give up that easily.
I'll blow it away, blow it away.
Can we make this something good?
'Cause it's all misunderstood.


Landing in a crouched position, Sasuke gasped for air. Not only that the scratches were hurting but they were even burning from inside not letting him breathe correctly. Naruto's arm attatched itself to the body again and growled louder satisfied that he would finally finish that nuisance.

Using his damaged blade, Sasuke straightened from the ground and gave a glare to the fox form.

"Still pathetic." he continued to play his mind game of irritating Naruto. It came with results because the fox growled angrier and swift its tails maniacally above their heads. Smirking he watched how the blonde lunged towards him fast. Preparing himself, he threw the blade away from him and waited for the impact.

Then right before Naruto's arm trying to land a hit on him, Sasuke leaned on his back towards the ground. The claws managed to scratch him on the chest but he ignored the pain. Pushing his legs into the other one's, he managed to make the blonde lose his balance. Both of them fell towards the ground but not after rolling in fast movements on its surface. Sasuke switched his body in a way that made Naruto hit hard the trunk of a tree ripping it from its place. Naruto growled loudly at the contact and after rolling a few times, it ended with Sasuke on top of him. Luck being on his side, Sasuke straddled the form under him keeping the other one's legs apart, sqeezing them with his own. Hands grabbed the wrists of the other and kept them with force against the ground.

Naruto struggled with force and tried to throw the other one off of him, but Sasuke seemed as if he wouldn't budge in the passing moment. Only after the sharp claws brushed his chest again, Sasuke realized that the other one's hand slipped from his own. The sore pain was there again but he knew that it wasn't the time to quit. After a moment he felt how the other one's hands searched to grasp around his neck and Sasuke knew that he had to do something fast.

With one hand he grabbed the blonde's hands and with the other he pushed himself off of the ground. On his feet, Sasuke pulled Naruto with force and twisted his arm causing pain. Then preparing his other hand he punched the blonde in the mandible causing a sound of bone breaking. Naruto let out a cry of pain but nontheless he retrieved his hand quickly and threw himself into the raven. Sasuke caught it too late and the next thing he knew was being thrown away with Naruto on top of him. Again, he tried to swift his bodies and for his luck he succeeded as when they landed on the ground, Naruto took the most damage.

With the blonde unable to move because of the pain, Sasuke turned on top of him and kept the blonde pinned to the ground again. Naruto whimpered and let out cries because of the damage which have been caused to his body. Still keeping him down, Sasuke felt how his skin burnt against the other one's body. That damn blonde still had the fox's cloak and it was tearing his skin apart but he had no intention to let go. Even with that, he slammed the blonde's hands against the ground with force, he immobilized them by pressing his legs against Naruto's thighs and pushed his body closer to him to keep him there calm, despite the burning feeling.

Maybe the fox knew it very well because the blonde kept his gaze away from Sasuke's face the entire time. Sasuke knew he didn't have much time and the only thing he could do was to make the blonde look at him.

"Look at me." Sasuke hissed loudly and threateningly but the other one didn't give any chance of doing so. "I said... Look at me! Usuratonkachi!" he yelled and as soon as he said those words the blonde turned angry to him. He growled under his breath loudly and Sasuke could only smirk.


Well, I'll try to do it right this time around.
Let's start over.
I'll try to do it right this time around.
It's not over.




"TEME!!" the blonde finally yelled loudly and Sasuke sighed deeply in relief. He rested his head on Naruto's chest right where his heart was. It was over, from the second their eyes met, it was over.

It took only a few moments as the fox's chakra cooled down and with that the cloak started to fade off. Never once did Sasuke remove his eyes from Naruto's ones. The blue ones, the ones of his best friend were finally there. No more hidden will to share blood, no more desire to cause death. The true self of the blonde was there now.

Slowly, Sasuke started to loose his grip around the other one's body and massaged Naruto's face characteristics. There wasn't any hint of the demon from before. It was only Naruto, the most important person to him. Pushing himself closer, Sasuke moved the blonde locks from the scarred cheeks which represented whiskers. From now on, he would always be there when that fox would try causing damage to the blonde.

This love is killing me


"Now we're even." He whispered and leaning forward, he planted a kiss on those whiskers but he didn't straightened, he moved closer to the lips and brushed his own against them resulting a kiss. Then, tired out of sudden, he let himself down and rested on the other one's body, slowly darting off to unconsciousness and unaware of the hand which brushed on his back in sign of gratefulness.

"Thank you."

But you're the only one.