TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


What Hurts The Most by Sasuke

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: 'Thoughts'
###
Flashbacks
###

Story
"Someone Speaking"
"Speaking in flashback"
Song

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
That don’t bother me
I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
But that’s not what gets me


Naruto sat in his rocking chair, crying as he listened to the pitter-patter of the rain drops hitting the roof and walls. He held his arms together, his feet up on the front of the chair. "Sasuke," Naruto said, wiping away a tear, "Why...why did you have to go?" He looked around slowly, as if hoping to see his beloved once more.
"I don't think I can live without you." Naruto said through his weeping.

###

"Naruto, I just don't think we should be together anymore..." Sasuke said, opening the door to his Mustang GT. He sat down in the crimson red car with tan leather seats. "I will always love you, but no one can find out about us, it would cause chaos." He said as he started his car and shut his door.
"Sasuke! I love you! Please, don't do this!" Naruto said, putting his hands on the bottom of the open window. "I can't live without you! PLEASE!" Naruto cried, reaching in and hugging Sasuke.
"I'm sorry..." Sasuke started, "But I just can't afford to let my father find out about us." He said as he hugged Naruto back. They had lived together for a month, and his father only thought they were living together to save gas when going to college. After all, he was sure they weren't into anything like that, and they were twenty years old, so they were most likely not going to experiment, but he was wrong on so many levels.
Sasuke drove off in a hurry, leaving Naruto to cry behind him. Naruto walked up to his house and through the door, tears pouring from his eyes as he did so.

###


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do


Naruto walked to the door and opened it, putting on his rain coat. He walked to his car with tears in his eyes as he did so.
'Why did you have to leave me Sasuke...'
Naruto thought as he started his car. It was unbearable for him to stay in that house any longer. It brought back to many sad memories.
Naruto arrived at The Ramen Shop, and quickly ran inside. Once he had his Ramen, he sat down at a nearby table. He used his chopsticks to force himself to eat, being that he hadn't eaten in days.
"Hey Naruto..." A voice called, "I'm so sorry about Sasuke..." The boy, who was talking, sat next to him. Kiba was the boy. He put his arm around Naruto and squeezed him tightly to his coat. "I know you loved him a lot...and I hate that this happened..." He said as he kissed the top of Naruto's head. Kiba was like an older brother to Naruto. He was Sasuke's best friend too.

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
But I’m doin’ It
It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
Still Harder
Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
But I know if I could do it over
I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
That I left unspoken


###

Naruto was asleep on his bed, having a dream about old times with Sasuke, Kiba, and Neji, when he woke up at the sound of a ring. He picked up the phone and answered in his most professional voice: "Hello?"
"Hello, is this Naruto Uzumaki?" The voice asked. Naruto wrinkled his nose for a minute. It sounded like a business man.
"Yeah, but look, I'm not interested in any once in a life-" Naruto was cut off by the voice on the other end.
"There's been a wreck out on the main intersection in southern Kohona..." The voice sounded a bit sad. "And the victim of the wreck was identified as Sasuke Uchiha."
Naruto dropped the phone in shock. He quickly ran to the door and outside as quick as he could. He got in his car and immediately took off for southern Kohona.
When Naruto arrived at the scene of the wreck, he immediately started crying. Sasuke, his beloved, was lying on the hood of his car, the glass of the Mustang shattered. His head was covered in blood from where he had hi the windshield.
Naruto ran to his side, crying "Sasuke! Sasuke don't die!" But Naruto hadn't made it in time; Sasuke was already gone.

###



What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do


Naruto walked out to his car and Kiba hurriedly followed after. "Hey Naruto! How would you like to come stay with me and Neji for a few games and we can have our own little party?" Kiba asked him, hoping he could cheer Naruto up. Naruto just shook his head yes and got in his car. He followed Kiba out of the parking lot, and down the highway. He put in a Rascal flats CD, and he flipped the track to What Hurts The Most by The Rascal Flats. He let the tear drops run down his tan cheeks as he followed Kiba, hoping that tonight could maybe cheer him up.
When they pulled into Kiba's driveway, they quickly ran up to his house and inside. Neji had already set up the food and games, and now he was playing Halo 3 on Kiba's Xbox 360.
"Naruto's gonna stay the night with us, ok Neji?" Kiba stated. Neji nodded his head and shut the game off. He quickly gathered the games and set them on the table so they could play. Naruto lay his head down on the table, not feeling like playing any games. He let more tears roll down his face, and Neji and Kiba came over to hug him. Kiba rubbed his back lightly as he too let a few tears fall from his eyes. Neji pretended he wasn't sad, not letting a single tear fall, but he wanted to cry so bad.


What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do


As the night passed, Naruto couldn't find comfort, and he was feeling very depressed. He decided he wasn't going to sleep, but he wasn't exactly going to be awake either.
He walked to Kiba's bathroom, making sure they were both asleep, and he shut the door behind him, forgetting to lock it.

~~~~~~~


Kiba awoke and shoved a hand full of peanuts into his mouth. He looked over at Neji with a smile, capturing the cute image of him sleeping. He got off of the floor and walked to the kitchen, grabbing certain ingredients from the drawers. He preheated the stove to 450 and started to cook the pancakes. He flipped the beautifully. Everyone knew he was the best cook in college, and his recipes could make your taste buds melt.
"Naruto, Neji! Breakfast is ready!" He yelled out, putting three pancakes on each plate. Neji walked into the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Naruto still asleep?" Kiba asked, sitting down at the table across from Neji.
"No, I think he's in the bathroom; I saw the light on under the door when I walked past him." He said with a shrug.
Kiba laughed slightly and walked to the bathroom door, knocking on it. "Naruto, breakfast is ready." He stated. Naruto didn't say anything back. He opened the door and peered inside, looking for him. He walked a little further in and looked around the corner, seeing that his bathtub was full of a thick, maroon substance. He quickly reached in, yelling for Neji to call an ambulance. Neji came running to the bathroom and screamed at the site in front of him: Naruto was lying in Kiba's arms, a lifeless figure, and he wasn't breathing. There were three slashes on his wrists, and his hair was soaked in blood.
Neji and Kiba started to cry frantically as they searched for towels, but what they didn't realize, was that Naruto was already out of reach. They had no idea that for Naruto, what hurt the most, was being so close.

Not seeing that loving you
That’s what I was trying to do
Chapter end notes: I hope you enjoyed it. I was kind of in a depressed mood so I wanted to write this, and I couldn't find a way to put music on there cause the code didn't work, but try to listen to that song while you read this, it makes it sadder.