TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Never Again by Sacryde

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto, nor do I own the song. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter notes: Note: My first ever song-fic. I just kinda came to me while listening to Never Again by Kelly Clarkson [the song in this fic, by the way] and....yeah.

IMPORTANT:

BOLD, ITALICS, AND CENTER are LYRICS.

JUST ITALICS ARE PAST EVENTS

AND REGULAR TEXT IS CURRENT EVENTS.

.

.

.

Naruto looked up from where he was sitting at his usual ramen bar, glaring at the two bodies standing not too far away from him. He glared as he caught a glint of something obviously expensive on Sakura's left ring finger, and watched as the two of them left the clearing, obviously intent on heading back to their home in the old Uchiha complex, that was in the process of being re-populated. It seemed as if Uchiha Sasuke and Haruno Sakura were engaged, and not to mention, pregnant.


I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green
I hope when your in bed with her, you think of me

Naruto glanced down at his bed after having taken a long hot shower, noticing that the letter was still sitting upon the orange and black covers innocently. He recognized the beautiful cursive that could only be written by someone as elegant as an Uchiha, and glared at the paper as if it had caused everything. The sad looks the villagers had given him upon his return; the fact that he hadn't seen Sasuke once since his return from a particularly long mission; and that he was now alone. In a fit of quietly controlled rage, he picked the envelope up with the tips of his fingers, tossing it into his empty trash bin. And then, not wanting to be tempted to read it later on when the depression hit, he formed the seals to a relatively weak fire jutsu, watching as the paper curled around the edges, black ink seeming to fade away slowly, as the entire trash bin caught fire.


I would never wish bad things, but I don't wish you well
Could you tell, by the flames that burned your words

I never read your letter
'Cos I knew what you'd say
Give me that Sunday school answer
Try and make it all OK

With a growl, Naruto got up and headed towards the Hokage tower, where he now lived, catching the eye of a certain raven-haired ninja on his way. Placing the most unreadable mask on his face, he turned his eyes back to the street, facing forward and ignoring the Uchiha, who was yelling his name, trying to get his attention.

Sasuke frowned with a slight downward tug of his lips that would be completely unnoticed by almost anyone. The only person to have ever paid attention to his frown had been the man whose back was now walking further and further away, without a falter in his step. Sighing inaudibly, the Uchiha wrapped his arm tighter around Sakura's waist, not looking as she glanced up at him. Instead, his face was focused on the Hokage Monument, his heart squeezing painfully as he looked at the face next to Tsunade's. It belonged to the same man that he'd just seen; the man he'd once loved.


Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks, to see my face everywhere

Naruto sighed in frustration as he opened the door to the lower levels of the Hokage tower, where three rooms resided; one for Tsunade, one for himself, and one for the visiting Kage's. He had been tempted back there on the street, to simply stop and talk to the Uchiha - to act as if nothing were wrong. He almost wanted to, but then stubborn anger had gotten the better of him. It was Sasuke's fault, after all. And Naruto could tell the Uchiha was suffering from what he'd done - good. It served that bastard right. He'd had to put the pieces together himself, from the way everyone else seemed to know and sympathize with him. Though he would never admit it, he hated that the entirety of Konoha had found out before he himself had.


It was you, who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know

Sasuke's walk was slower as he headed back to the Uchiha complex, after having told his fiance that he would catch up later. Briefly, he recalled everything that had gone through his mind after he'd killed his brother, and that one thing had been on the top of that list. He had to rebuild the Uchiha Clan. He'd had the perfect plan: He would return to Konoha, deal with whatever the Hokage wanted him to do, and then go find one of his many old fangirls to marry and knock up in order to create an heir. Yes, that had been the plan, until an unexpected factor had turned up on his radar. The dobe. In a fit of something close to rage, the blond had spilled his feelings to the Uchiha, and thus, everything had changed. He'd loved the dobe, really. But when he'd left for an immeasurable amount of time, Sasuke figured that it'd be best to put his original plan back into action. He needed his clan rebuilt, but it was a known fact that men couldn't exactly create heirs with other men. So, he'd told Sakura that everything between him and Naruto was over and had only been a fling, and the girl had actually believed him. Once a fangirl, always a fangirl.


You knew exactly what you would do
And don't say, you simply lost your way
She may believe you but I never will
Never again

Sakura looked around the old but no longer empty house that she now shared with Sasuke, casting her eyes down to the floor as tears welled in her eyes. She had seen the flash of pain that had gone through Naruto's eyes when he'd seen them, and she was more than aware that although Sasuke told her it was only a fling, Naruto clearly hadn't thought so. She felt bad about hurting her old teammate, who was now the Rokudaime, but on the other hand, she was happy. She was with Sasuke; HER Sasuke. The Sasuke she had openly loved for years, and he had finally fallen back. Or at least that's what she believed. The annoying wriggle in the back of her mind tried to tell her otherwise, but she always brushed it aside. She and Sasuke were both madly in love, she was sure of it. Though he had yet to say anything resembling those three little words, she knew that it was just awkward for him. After all, he'd been through so much in his life. It was just hard for him to say that he loved her, right? Yes, that had to be it.


If she really knows the truth, she deserves you
A trophy wife, oh how cute
Ignorance is bliss
But when your day comes, and he's through with you
And he'll be through with you
You'll die together but alone

Sasuke thought over the letter he'd written to Naruto almost a year ago, explaining everything. He'd wondered time and time again if the blond had read it, though judging by the way he now treated him, he figured he had. After all, hadn't he just done what everyone else had done to Naruto? Hadn't he simply abandoned him, yet again, in order to obtain something for himself? That was exactly what he'd done, whether he'd wanted to or not. Maybe Naruto had felt pity for him when it came to his Clan, which is why he'd acted so maturely. Normally, Sasuke hated the thought of pity from anyone, especially Naruto, but if that was what was keeping him from the blond's wrath, then he was almost fine with it. Or maybe he'd simply matured, though Sasuke almost doubted that. Then, another thought occurred to him. What if, maybe, Naruto had been expected it from the beginning? The thought of that made his heart clench, but he had to admit, it would make sense. He had abandoned him once before, why wouldn't he abandon him again? Sasuke sighed, hanging his head low as he walked past the ramen bar Naruto had always eaten at, the frown once again appearing on his lips. He wished he'd never had to write that damned letter to begin with; he would have been content staying with the dobe, but....his clan was too important to him.


You wrote me in a letter
You couldn't say it right to my face
Give me that Sunday school answer
Repent yourself away

Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks, to see my face everywhere
It was you, who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know
You knew exactly what you would do
And don't say, you simply lost your way
They may believe you but I never will
Never again

"Naruto, I love you." Sasuke whispered, his arms holding the blond close to his body, taking pride in the obviously shocked look on Naruto's face.

Never again will I hear you

"Come back soon, ne?" Naruto asked, grinning sheepishly as Sasuke got ready for a particularly long mission, already feeling his heart tighten a bit.

Never again will I miss you

"Sasuke!" Naruto shouted, his body drenched from the rain, his eyes widened in panic as he collapsed into Sasuke's arms, a sobbing mess.

Never again will I fall to you
Never

"Why can't you be this pleasant all the time?" Naruto whispered, placing a soft kiss on his lover's temple before snuggling against the warm body laying beside him.

Never again will I kiss you

Naruto pouted, looking out at the entrance to Konoha, waiting for the moment Sasuke would return, wanting to greet him like a normal lover would. With a happy smile and a small kiss that would make his lips tingle.

Never again will I want to

"Sasuke, I love you." Naruto whispered, his forehead leaning against the raven's, watching the way his eyes went impossibly wide as he finally told him what he'd been feeling for years.

Never again will I love you
Never

"Damnit!" Naruto shouted angrily, pounding his fist on his bedside table, breaking a clear path through the wood without much effort, watching as it fell apart onto the floor. Sighing in irritation, he fell back against his bed, tears stinging the corner of his eyes, though they refused to fall. "I can't do this anymore." he mumbled, turning his face around and burying his face into his pillow as his body wracked with sobs. The only thing going through his head right now was that he had to forget. He couldn't stay in love with Sasuke anymore. He had to just let go, before it wound up destroying him. And that's exactly what he would do.

Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks, to see my face everywhere
It was you, who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know
You knew exactly what you would do
And don't say, you simply lost your way
They may believe you but I never will
I never will
I never will

Never again

Chapter end notes: .

Reviews are highly appreciated, ne?