TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Like Sandpaper Against the Soul by tuesday

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Shikamaru was never napping in this particular area of the forest ever again. In fact, he might never set foot outside his apartment if given a choice and the ability to sneak quietly away without being spotted by the two high-level jounin below him. They looked to be distracted, but there was no way in hell Shikamaru was risking being caught catching them at what they were doing.

He'd woken to the sound of Gai's voice crying out, “I ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS CHALLENGE, DEAR RIVAL” and Shikamaru'd nearly fallen out of his tree in an embarrassing display of his ninja prowess—or lack thereof when caught unawares near the training grounds by Gai's antics. Originally he'd intended to just briefly acknowledge their use of the area and slip away. Then he'd actually peeked over at their position.

Naked was inadequate to fully describe the horror that was Maito Gai without his customary green spandex. Kakashi also seemed to lack his usual clothes, but it was difficult to tell with his face and body obscured by Gai's.

It was beyond Shikamaru's somewhat stifled brain activity at this point to reasonably describe exactly what they were doing, but it involved hands in places they did not go during a normal ninja challenge—or at least any Shikamaru had participated in that did not involve Temari and lots of alcohol.

The pair quickly tumbled to the ground, bodies moving against one another, flipping over every thirty seconds or so as they struggled over who was on top. It felt like something had ruptured in Shikamaru's brain. It would be a loss to the village, but he hoped he at least died swiftly.

By the time it was over, it was far too late. Shikamaru hadn't even the presence of mind to look at Kakashi's face as Gai pulled away. They talked too quietly for Shikamaru to hear most of what they discussed—the smallest of mercies—but words and phrases like, “. . . 52 to 51 in my fa. . . .” and “. . . later tonight . . . ” drifted his way. They tarried, touching one another lightly like new lovers.

The situation was beyond such meager words as “troublesome.”

Shikamaru longed for death.