TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Understanding by Uozumi

[Reviews - 3]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Well, here's something my friend requested. She said "Give me a Kakshi/Iruka fic with NO clichés. So I did.
I do not own nor claim to own Naruto. This is purely an act of fandom and I make no profit off of it.

Summary

Anko and others claim they have some uber romantic relationship, while Ebisu scoffs and says that they're crazy. Ebisu doesn't know how right he is. KakaIru non-cliché. Request fic.

Understanding


Everyone can see it of course, but no one says a word. There aren't any deep sighs or lingering looks between the pair, but it's just so...so there! Or at least, that's how Anko put it when she was talking to Ibiki the other day. Ebisu scoffs whenever the pair are mentioned in that context. He thinks everyone is crazy.

There are reasons for arrangements. Naruto was put in Kakashi's group not by accident. Not only would Kakashi be the only sensei that could handle the impulsive youth, but the appointers knew that Kakashi would have to talk to Naruto's "dad" (another Anko-ism). It was a prefect excuse, but again Ebisu simply shook his head and said she was crazy.

Umino Iruka and Hatake Kakashi make the gossip rounds whenever Kakashi is in town. Characterized as the worrywart, most see Iruka more as a domestic almost housewife tending to an apartment that Kakashi does stay in sometimes after a long mission. Kakashi, of course, takes the position of breadwinner and the more masculine figure between the two of them. At this point in the gossip talk, Ebisu simply leaves the room. That sounds more ridiculous than suggesting that Kakashi and Iruka have something going together.

He's right though. A domestic housewife and a masculine breadwinner the pair are not. Umino Iruka is anything but a pushover and Hatake Kakashi sometimes tests the limits. They are together, but not in the way outsiders see them. Hardly anything that is said about them is right, except for the fact that they are together, that they're something more than just two old friends who are simply enjoying each other's company in that non-romantic way (a constant Ebisu phrase when the girls are getting to strange for his tastes).

Tonight Kakashi has come back from a long mission, with who he calls the worst client ever. Iruka listens and jumps in with questions or simple exclamations. Kakashi sighs and continues the tale, finally introducing Zabusa Momochi into it.

"The demon...?" Iruka looks at him, slightly stunned.

Kakashi nods wearily and continues with his story. He finally finishes and they fall into silence. Iruka isn't sure what to say. He's only a Chûnin and can only begin to imagine what it would be like to be in that position.

They sit there in silence, neither nervous nor looking around. Neither searches desperately for a subject to start talking about. They don't need to constantly fill the air with pointless talk.

Eventually they start talking again about other things, things that no one could really guess about or would ever meet other's ears. Then Kakashi stands up and bids goodbye. There are no kisses tonight, they don't need them. They are together, but in their own way.

The End