TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Techronicles by Artemiy

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my first Naruto fanfiction, it's very odd and stupid, and I don't know English too well, so sorry in advance if the text is hardly readable...
I haven't read the manga and don't remember all of the anime episodes so I'm sorry for the things made up (like almost everything in the Lightning Country, since I haven't seen it anywhere yet) and other continuity mistakes, please correct me if you find those, I'll be eternally grateful! And I'm very sorry for odd storyline and characters being totally OOC...
The story takes place a while before Shippuden, so, well, everything is like it's in the beginning of the Hurricane Chronicles. So... there are some spoilers of Shippuden beginning...
And it's quite slow-paced, sorry for that too ò_ò. I'm a turtle and sometimes may even forget to update on time...
P.S. I know I'm awful writer. But I'll try hard and do my best! Thanks for reading ^.^'

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
0. Intro.

The scrolls of the first Raikage... This stormy country, the Land of Lightning, seemed like the most obvious place to search for them. And that's what supposedly thought a person standing at a hill above a hot springs town, the closest to the south-west border of this one of the five great shinobi countries. The foggy atmosphere blurred the overview, but the buildings were noticeable enough to plot the course to them. These were the fourth largest hot springs throughout all the continent, kind of popular because of the ionised air specific to this place.
The person looked like an outsider. He just didn't seem to fit the environment. A black stylish shirt with long sleeves, blonde messed up hair almost up to his chin and somewhat gray jeans would one mention if he was asked to describe this man... Or should I say - boy. He didn't seem to be older than seventeen. Though he was quite tall and had a middle body-build, his face easily revealed that he is just a teenager yet. So, even in the steamy fog, when the boy entered the town, there were a few people staring at him. Their quantity rose for a while when the boy almost crashed into an advertisement stand, though. He dropped a device which seemed to be an electronic notepad of sorts, quickly picked it up, checked if it's alright and continued reading some text from his screen and writing something with a stick. "Neka's diary, the R-scrolls mission Day 3. I've finally arrived to the first town of the Country of Lightning, no idea what it's name is, but there're a lot of hot springs here. It seems there are a lot of tourists here, but still, there's definitely something wrong with my outfit since I'm getting more attention than I've expected. Well, though I'm here, I have no idea how to start my scrolls quest. It's not like I'm going to ask all the town if they know anything, obviously. Well, the appetite comes with a meal... Speaking of which, I'm quite hungry. Gotta look around for some ramen-shops or restaurants, since when I'm hungry, my mind becomes numb..."

- Hey, Shino... - Kiba looked around, making sure there really isn't anyone else to talk to, because the descendant of the Aburame clan is a man of few words. Tenten was walking with Neji keeping an eye for the client, and Hinata, as well as Neji actually, was the reason of Kiba's question - ...Why do you think Hokage-sama sent the Hyuugas on a mission to the Lightning Country? I've heard their family suffered a lot from the cloud-nin...
- Probably because there wasn't anyone else to send. The client requested for at least five chuunin or higher level shinobis to accompany him.
- Yeah, that rich nerd... Well, at least he's a calm nerd, unlike Naruto, so I can live with that. - said Kiba, smiling, as Akamaru, his white dog, happily woofed.
The chuunins and the recently promoted jounin - Neji - were given a mission to accompany a VIP from the Lightning Country with some extremely important papers. It seemed like an easy mission, hence Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage, argued about this large of a group, but the VIP, Masumi from the Ogura family, insisted with quite an amount of money and partial debt cancel (you all remember that Tsunade-sama is the Eternal Loser, right?).
Hinata was depressed. She looked at Neji, being afraid of some bad memories revealing themselves in his mind, but then she tried to calm herself: a ninja won't show emotions. And her older cousin was following every rule in the list. Who, actually, didn't even think about the past, paying attention to the client and Byakuganing the area. He figured out, that whatever this guy, Masumi, has actually needs protection. As of this moment when the group was leaving the Fire Country the attentive Neji noticed that at least four different shinobi groups closed in, retreating as soon as they've seen the amount of guards. "No relaxing... The big fish is sure to appear at one point..." he figured. Tenten looked back only to notice Hinata's sad expression. She detached from Neji and approached the blue-haired girl:
- Anything wrong, Hinata?
- Um... No, thanks, it's okay...

- Hokage-sama, have you only sent those guys to protect the Ogura representative? - asked the gray-haired masked shinobi, Hatake Kakashi, standing before the tired Tsunade in her office.
- Yes, is anything wrong with that? - she replied a little irritated.
"It is so much wrong to begin with..." - thought the Jounin. "Sending the Hyuugas to the Lightning Country and assigning that few guardians to the Ogura guy. Having no idea, what does he carry, I know of some people who'd do everything to lay their hands on that thing. I'll have to miss Jiraiya's new book this time I guess..."
- May I ask you to change my mission, Hokage-sama?...