TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Hanagumi by ryoki_chan18

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, so all the characters, the story, etc. are care of Kishimoto-san. I do this just to express my love to the series.^^

*This one is edited 06-08-07, so some scenes and the contruction of story now varies...*

Well...WARNINGS: Spoilers, OOCs, OCs...some crappiness...but hope you like it...

Please submit a review...I'm an amateur so I really need all the comments and suggestion so I can grow...Tnx!
Chapter 1 – The Meeting

(It is already 10:30 am; Sakura and Sasuke are waiting impatiently in the bridge where they usually wait for a meeting with Kakashi. The day is nice, and the water under the bridge calmly passes by. All’s well for being serene, until Kakashi suddenly came along with a loud bang and a pile of suffocating dust and smoke…)

Kakashi: (again holding his favorite book) Sorry I’m late…I lost in the way of life!
Sakura: (clearing her throat of the smoke and dust, then angrily pointing at her sensei) YOU LIAR!! (pointing on her watch) You supposed to be here at 8:30 am! It’s already 10:30 am!
Sasuke: (nerves sticking out his forehead) *sigh*
Kakashi: Ok…relax. I’m sorry! By the way, the reason I meet you two hear is to tell you guys that Hokage-sama has a mission for us…
Sakura: (Quickly changed mood) Huh? What is it Kakashi-sensei?
*Inner Sakura*: At last…A MISSION!!!
Sasuke: (still calm, but listening intently)
Kakashi: Um…the only detail Hokage-sama told me is that our team will going to be escorts & bodyguards to the heir of a rich man... She organized our meeting with our clients in her office & she expects to meet us at… (pauses, then grabs a paper on his pocket, then reads) 9:00 am impronto...
Sakura: Oh...(smiled) 9:00... (stared at Sasuke for a moment) WHAT!
Sasuke: (Still calmed..no reaction, natural of him.)
Kakashi: (Sheepishly alibied) Okay guys...I still have “work” to do...I need to finish the team lineups. Bye!

(Then with a gust of wind, he disappeared.)

Sakura: Errrgh! (fist up, for a minute angry, then looks at Sasuke, blushed, then suddenly calms) *sigh* He is always like that!
Sasuke: Let's get moving...
Sakura: Right! Wait... (looks back) Na...

(A gentle breeze fills out a complete silence.)

Sakura: (bows her head) Oh...I almost forgot...
Sasuke: (still acting calm, but in his eyes, a tinge of concern showed as he looked at Sakura)
Sakura: (tries to smile) I should be friendlier to him when he was still here.
(Silence for a while, Sakura still bowing.)
Sasuke: Let's go. We still got things to do…
Sakura: (changed her mood and became lively again) Right! We should keep moving!

(In Tsunade-sama's office… Tsunade impatiently sits in her desk for the Team Kakashi to arrive…)
(The door opened, Sakura, Sasuke and Shizune entering the room.)

Tsunade: (nerve sticking out of his forehead, then pointed at the two…) YOU’RE LATE!!!

(Sakura and Shizune were almost wiped out by that unexpected “whirlwind of anger”. Sasuke is too, but quickly regained his composture as he used to.)

Tsunade: (irritated) Kakashi’s habit really is contagious… (pauses)

(As the storm clears up, Sakura and Sasuke suddenly noticed a finely dressed couple sitting at the right seats in front of the Hokage’s desk. The man wears black suit and black pants with a white undershirt and black necktie. A grey messenger cap adorns his blond hair that a bit obstructed his view from his black-framed eyeglasses that encased his brown eyes. The woman wears a beautiful black-and-blue kimono with sakura petals and trees as its design, which matches her black tidied hair, and blue eyes.)

Tsunade: Sakura and Sasuke, please take your seats…

(Sakura and Sasuke immediately obliged and sat on the left seats in front of the Hokage’s desk, facing the couple sitting next to them. Sakura curiously looked at the beautiful couple while Sasuke, even though acting calm was also curious at the same time, but more interested about how their mission will take place.)

Tsunade: I've just received a mission for Team Kakashi. The time didn’t permit me to tell all the mission’s details to Kakashi, since he has other stuff to do. So for now I will be the one who will explain the nature of your mission.
Sakura: (puzzled) Eh? Kakashi-sensei will not come?
Tsunade: For some time I assigned him to complete another mission...but he will be joining you two after two weeks. So far we need skilled genins to do the mission…
Sasuke: We heard from Kakashi-sensei that we will be bodyguards and escorts to somebody...
Tsunade: Yes, far more like what you guys have done in the Wave Country...
Sasuke: (stays calm, not showing his disappointment about their mission) *sigh* (Yeah…Another damn bodyguard mission… )
Tsunade: But I expect you two have prepared for this mission...since, so far, this is mission is classified as a Class S mission.
Sakura: (surprised)

(Tsunade immediately shifts her attention to the unknown couple.)

Tsunade: Let me introduce our clients: Sakura, Sasuke, this is Moribana Tetsunosuke-san, and Moribana Kaname-san…from the Moribana Clan of the Flower Country.

(Sakura and Sasuke stand from there seats, and then bowed in front of their guests…)

Sakura & Sasuke: Pleased to meet you…
Tsunade: Haruno Sakura and Uchiha Sasuke will the ones who will be in-charge of the mission.
Mr. & Mrs. Moribana: (bowed their heads while in their seats) Pleased to meet you too…

(Sakura and Sasuke, after acknowledging, returned to their seats.)

Sakura: I know I’ve heard “Moribana Clan” before…
Sasuke: (still calm, but also thinking on where did he first heard of the “Moribana Clan” before)
Tsunade: I expect you heard great things about their clan... The Moribana Clan is considered as one of the wealthiest clans in the world. They own numerous big businesses not only in their home country but Konoha and other villages as well...Their family is renowned in the as the best in the areas of weaponry. Roughly almost all the weapons and ninja supplies used by the Five Great Shinobi Villages are from their clan, and they have been supplying all the Shinobi Village for almost 100 years.
Sakura: Wow…
Mr. Moribana: (laughs) That’s too much…
Sasuke: (interrupts) So what's our mission?

(Silence)

Tsunade: (took a deep breath) Your mission, is to protect Moribana Clan's one & only heir... Moribana Kotaro...

(Somewhere outside the office, a finely dressed young man is keeping himself busy reading a finely printed book while worrying about his grey messenger cap that always falls off. He is a boy of about thirteen, wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a black vest over it, dark brown knee long pants, above-the-knee long dark grey socks and black leather shoes. He sits comfortably in a cushioned sofa along one of the halls inside the Hokage’s residence…
Suddenly, while in depth reading his book, his cap fell again off to the floor.)

Shizune: (picked up the cap) Here you go... (put it in the young man's head)
Young Man: (smiles) Thanks.
Shizune: My pleasure. (sits beside the young man) Oh...I heard that was one great book. You are really fascinated by ninjas, aren’t you?
Young Man: Yeah.
Shizune: (silent for a moment, then looks at the face of the young man) Hm…You really looked like somebody I know.
Young Man: (looked at Shizune) Oh really? There is no doubt that he also as “cute” as me… (smiles)
Shizune: (giggles) You sure both have the same sense of humor.

(The boy resumes reading…)

Young Man: (faces Shizune) Ano, just curious… Could I meet him? Is he a ninja? I bet we’ll have a wonderful time with each other…and besides, I want to know the feeling of meeting someone who looked like me…I can’t wait…
Shizune: Oh... (silence)
Young Man: Ne, what’s the matter? Is he not here? (looks around, then looks at Shizune’s sad face) Did I say something wrong?
Shizune: Ah, no but (silent for a while) He's dead... 2 months ago...(bows her head, then tried to smile)
Tonton: (saddened)
Young Man: I'm so sorry...
Shizune: It's alright...(looks at her watch) Oh...I think it's time we go inside the Hokage-sama’s office. Your parents are waiting.
Young Man: Ah...Ok...

(Inside Hokage’s office, the Moribana Couple, Sakura and Sasuke is discussing the about the nature of the mission.)

Tsunade: A secret organization called Hanagumi is trying to lay their hands on the heir of the Moribanas for unknown reasons. We have sent jounins to investigate the matter...but we still lack information….(pauses) For now, your mission...is to protect the heir whatever the cost...and at the same time...try to obtain necessary informations.
Sasuke: So it also includes espionage…
Sakura: About the mission, from the sounds of it, it looks dangerous. I think our chuunins, anbus and jounins fit the mission better...but why us?
Mrs. Moribana: He always had fights with the current anbus and jounins that guard him in the past. Our son thinks that we are locking him up…
Sakura: Oh...maybe he is sad because he can’t go out…
Mr. Moribana: Not really, (chuckles) he always manages to escape...leaving our house looking like a war zone...
Sakura: (Confused) Ha?
Sasuke: (still in his calm posture)
Mrs. Moribana: Papa…
Mr. Moribana: That’s the reason why we want to hire young genins to fulfill the job. We thought that maybe he’ll feel normal and will not resist if the ones who will guard him will be of his age… And besides, we heard that Konoha genins so skilled that they can be compared to chuunins…
Sasuke: (raises hand)
Tsunade: (looks at Sasuke) What is it Sasuke?
Sasuke: What kind of organization Hanagumi is?
Tsunade: Information about that group are highly classified, but for your benefit, I'll tell you some of the details...

(All looked at Tsunade-sama, eager to listen...)

Tsunade: Hanagumi is a secret crime organization, that, according to the information that we had collected, are into drug and human trafficking, being guns for hire to wealthy people, prostitution, and smuggling.
Sakura: So they are more of a syndicate group…
Tsunade: Yes, but there are also evidences that the Hanagumi is funding and facilitating human experiments…
Sakura: Oh…that really sounds familiar…
Tsunade: For now, that is the least info I can give you…
Sasuke: So what do you think is the reason why the Hanagumi wants the Moribana’s heir?
Sakura: Maybe because they want money…They may hostage the heir to force the Moribanas to give them money…
Tsunade: That may be possible , but the real reasons, we still don’t know, we still lack data in order to conclude…

(Silence for a while, then, when Sakura is still in deep thinking, Sasuke suddenly notices Mrs. Moribana looking down and trembling, but distracted as the door opens. Shizune slowly enters.)

Shizune: Tsunade-sama…Ko…
(She was interrupted for a young man, the previous young man that Shizune is talking to moments ago opened the door quickly and rushed straight to the Hokage’s table.)

Young Man: Hokage-sama! It’s really nice to see you! You promised me that you will teach me cool jutsus the next time we see each other right! (grins)
Tsunade: Yeah, but I think we can do it some other time…I just have too much work to do for now…
Young Man: (saddened) Oh…

(Mr. Moribana, suddenly went at the back of the young man, pushed the back of his head to make him bow, making his cap fall again off to the floor.)

Mr. Moribana: (bowed) What did I say about bowing before talking to the Hokage-sama! You should respect her!
Young Man: (struggling) Ok! Gomenasai…

(His feature, as they are all barely out, shocked Sakura and Sasuke. That blond hair, blue eyes, the whiskers…it can’t be…)

Tsunade: It’s just fine…(laughs) Oi, Kaname-san, I think you should try to stop worrying. Relax okay…(smiles)
Mrs. Moribana: (stopped trembling) Oh… (smiles) Yeah.

(Sakura suddenly stand up, surprised at what she saw…)

Sakura: (standing still) It can’t be… he’s alive… (reaching her hands to the boy) Na…
Sasuke: (grabs Sakura’s hand and pulled her into a sit) Hold on Sakura…
Sakura: But he is…he is…
Sasuke: No, he isn’t, we saw how he was killed…
Sakura: (near tears) But…don’t you want him alive…we’ve been missing him so much…and…and…
Sasuke: (whispered) Sakura, shut up…

(Tsunade stands, puts her hands in the young man’s shoulders and lead him in front of Sakura and Sasuke, catching their attention.)

Tsunade: Sakura, Sasuke…

(The two looked at the boy introduced by Tsunade, still in shock and disbelief…)

Tsunade: I want you to meet our client…Moribana Kotaro.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Well this is my first fic in the net! I had other fics before but I think those are too crappy to even be read...hope you enjoy, and please review!