TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Finding A Way Out by TenderWordsForgotten

[Reviews - 1]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: TenderWordsForgotten: So yeah, heres another fic by yours truly. Its something different... hopefully it'll get a good response =^-^=

And I would like to thank Naruto’s Wings for doing a kick ass job at beta-ing my fic, THANKS AGAIN!!

And I would like to thank Naruto’s Wings for doing a kick ass job at beta-ing my fic, THANKS AGAIN!!

And I would like to thank Naruto’s Wings for doing a kick ass job at beta-ing my fic, THANKS AGAIN!!

Oh! And I'd like to thank Naruto's Wings for doing a kick ass beta-ing job!

Disclaimer: Me don't own -sob-
Chapter 1



Twenty-three year-old Uchiha Sasuke was a detective working in the Uchiha Police Department, in Tokyo, Japan. People ran all around outside his office, yelling information across the rooms and others rushed to gather it. They were all working to catch two people.

They went by the name of Kyuubi and Shukaku…and they are thieves. Very good ones. They didn’t really destroy anything in the process…just took artifacts. Priceless artifacts.

The way it was done still remains unknown. Both get past cameras, laser sensory, and never made a sound. The police didn’t even know how they get into the buildings! No windows were open, no ventilations shoots were tampered with, they didn’t even know how they would pick up the last artifact. It was a vase…that weighed at least 200 pounds! For all they knew, they just opened the front door and walked out the back!

Sasuke swirled around in his chair to look out the window. Rubbing his temples, Sasuke thought long and hard about what was heard about the duo.

Kyuubi had gotten past Inuzuka Kiba, three times, in New York. Someone that was well known for never letting anyone escape his nose. The man had even gotten past the American’s dog. To accomplish such a feat was impossible…unless he had no scent, which everybody did. So how did he do it?

Then there was Shukaku. He had gotten past Hyuuga Neji, two times in London…and that too had never happened. Neji always knew what his prey was going to do next,(how he did that, he had no clue), so he always cornered them. The Hyuuga had manage to see the figure of the thief on the last theft, but that was it. Shukaku was at least 5’8”, from what he had heard. The fact that there was also no scent and another precious artifact was stolen; it gave the idea that the two were working together.

Plus, Kyuubi and Shukaku always left a card in advanced, that let police know when and where, they were about to strike next. And that pissed the detective off. To them…it seemed like it was a game, and they were obviously winning against the police force.

‘This all happened in just two months…if this keeps up, they’ll have millions and millions of dollars in their possession.’

Sasuke sighed for what seemed like the twentieth time today. His job was becoming more stressful every time the two had gotten away.

The brunette then decided to call it a day. He wasn’t getting anywhere with this…besides, if he stayed any longer, he’s would be pretty much asking for a headache. Grabbing his leather coat, he walked out and locked the office door behind him.

- - - -

Sasuke’s footsteps echoed throughout the building’s parking lot. It was dark…and he was alone. When the brunette came to his car, he turned off the alarm and sat on the driver’s side.

He ran his hands through his thick hair and adjusted his mirror, out of habit. As he looked in his mirror, something moved.

Acting purely on instinct alone, he ducked just in time to miss a rock being thrown through his back window.

Taking his gun out (A/N: wow, he pulled that out if his ass) and opening the door, Sasuke pointed the weapon in every direction that he looked. No one was there.
‘Kids?…well it wouldn’t be the first time..’

Putting his gun down, he looked into his car unconsciously and found the rock had landed on his dash board. On closer inspection, there seemed to be a piece of paper tied around it.

‘Well I guess that option is out of the window…this definitely isn’t kids.’ he thought as he unfolded and read the note.

- - -

Sasuke

When you meet him, don’t let his looks deceive you. There is more to it than meets the eye. I will come in contact with you again, until then…stay safe.

- - -

‘Stay safe? Stay safe?! How the hell am I suppose to stay safe if you are throwing random things through my windows?!?! And who the fuck is HIM?’



Else where…


Two men stood in an air port with luggage set on the ground in a London airport. One had blond hair, blue eyes, tanned, and stood about 5’10”. The other was a red head, turquoise eyes, pale, and was 5’8”.

People walking by gave the pair an odd look. They were an odd pair, and they contrasted each other greatly. The blonde was dressed more casually. He was dressed in a red shirt that said “Fuck Off” and wore navy blue jeans. The red head, who was so close he was nearly touching the blonde, wore darker colors. His black clothing made his skin look nearly paper white, and the black eye liner made his turquoise eyes stand out. But in spite of all that, they seemed to be standing really close to one another, as if relishing the moment together.

“Flight 28 will be boarding shortly, so please report to lane 7; Flight 28 will be boarding shortly, report to lane 7.” A voice spoke over the intercom.

“Well, its time for you to leave…Gaara.” the blond smiled, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Gaara looked up at the blond, there was slight hesitation in his eyes. “Are you sure you don’t want to wait? There isn’t a time limit on this one…I can still go with you, and we can do the heist in Tokyo together.”

Gaara was rewarded with a laugh, “Gaara, you worry waaaay to much. I‘ve already told you, I’ve got this one in the bag.” he smiled, hoping that it would reassure his friend, and cease his worries. It did not have the desired affect.

“Don’t smile as if everything is alright, Naruto…you going back to Tokyo…where the Uchiha is. Things have always been difficult when it came to him…even more now since his current occupation is a detective.” Gaara eyes slanted, showing that he was frowning.

“Heh, yeah…but what are the odds that I’ll meet up with the bastard? Plus, I haven’t seen him since high school and Tokyo is the biggest city in the world.”

Sighing, Gaara pinched the bridge of his nose. “I know that…I just don‘t feel right about this.”

“Hey, hey…you don’t need to concern yourself about lil’ o’ me. I’m a big boy, I can take care of myself!” Naruto raised his arm, while the other patted his bicep, while he winked at the shorter man.

The blond continued, “All you have to worry about is your job. Where did he say the artifact was…Egypt, right? Aren‘t your siblings there too?”

Gaara absently nodded, and then glared at Naruto. “Don’t change the subject! We’re talking about you here…”

Naruto gave him a blank look that just screamed ’Just drop it already’. Gaara closed his eyes in a moment of desperation but he knew that he wouldn‘t be able to sway Naruto‘s decision. “Just, be careful…and don’t rush things too much. Remember, the early bird may get the worm-”

“-But the second mouse gets the cheese. Yes, Gaara I know…I’m more worried about you though. The London detective saw you. Don’t let it happen again.” Naruto was now fake chastising.

If anything, Gaara pouted slightly. “He was a tricky one. Every time I tried to get away, he was always in step with me. I almost wanted to kill him.” he grumbled.

Naruto laughed heartedly, “Yeah? When you didn’t reach mid-point on time, I’d thought I’d have to go and save you. Heh heh.”

“Shut it Uzumaki. I had everything under control.” Gaara turned away from him with his arms crossed.

The blond laughed again, and stepped forward to hug the red head from behind. “But in all seriousness…please be careful.” Naruto closed his eyes and whispered in his ear.

“Hn. Ok, I will if you will…brother.” Naruto smiled at this. Whenever Gaara called him “brother” he knew, the red head meant whatever he had said.

“Last call for Flight 28, I repeat last call for Flight 28. Please report to Lane 7.”

Gaara felt Naruto squeeze him, before the warmth of his body disappeared. Turning around, Gaara saw Naruto give him a two finder salute. Nodding, Gaara picked up his things and did a double take when he looked at the blonde. Gaara’s eyes narrowed, and he poked his own cheeks as an indication; Naruto in turned gasped and felt his own. He felt the small indentions on his skin growing deep. One word ran through is head, ‘…Kyuubi.’

“Take your meds, Naruto.”

Naruto dug in his pocket for the bottle, opening it, and popping one in his mouth and swallowing it. In those seconds, Gaara had turned and walked away, without a second glance. ‘The pills…their meant to…to keep this demon in me..in check. The marks on my face show up, and when they do; Kyuubi has a great influence on me; Smell, sight, and hearing, strength and abilities, hence the marks. The thief ’Kyuubi’ has the same marks, so I can’t be caught having them.‘ Naruto sighed, ‘Gaara doesn’t have that problem…the only side affect is that he can’t sleep or Shukaku will take over his body. But, when he is around me..Gaara can sleep all he wants because his demon calms down when he is near Kyuubi.’

The blonde watched as Gaara disappeared around the corner, and frowned when remembering what was worrying Gaara. ‘Honestly, I don’t know if everything will be ok.’ Naruto picked up his suitcase and turned to find a seat.

Naruto still had to wait for his flight…to Tokyo. ‘I know from experience that I am always bound to spot the bastard…even if he doesn’t see me.’ Sitting down, Naruto waited for his flight…even though it would take another hour.

Around thirty minutes later…

Naruto was just about to doze off, (with his head at an angle and mouth wide open) when his nose caught something. Naruto’s eyes peeked open, and scanned the area and after a few looks around, Naruto found what had caught his nose. The London detective.

‘Hmm, what are the chances of me finding you here?’ he thought, and in the back of his mind, Kyuubi started to stir, ‘I might need the fox awake for this one.’

The man was currently talking on his cell phone, having a rather loud conversation with who ever was on the other end. Naruto stood up with his suitcase and walked closer. His sense of hearing picked up as he walked closer.

“Look I know what I’m talking about! They’re going to hit each continent, and take its most valuable possessions. First is was New York in the United States, then it was London. I’m willing to bet that they are next target is either going to be Egypt, Japan, or Australia!” There was a small pause. “I’m going to Tokyo, right now. I know someone over there in the police department, and I will relay as much information as I can to him…I left a message on his answering machine, so he‘ll know that I‘m coming.”

Naruto whistled, ‘Wow, this guy is good. If he says anything else that is deemed threatening…I might have to make him postpone his flight.’

“…I think that Shukaku had red hair…well, I’m not quite sure. It was dark.”

‘I think I just jinxed myself.’ he then looked upward, ‘Why, oh why do you torture me? What did I ever do?…well besides stealing valuable things.’ Naruto then looked down and saw that the London detective was looking right at him, with a weird look in his eye. ‘Hmm? Am I giving anything away?’ Kyuubi, being fully awake, only chuckled.

But instead of looking away, Naruto locked eyes with the British. ‘I’m going to have to do something about this guy…but what?’ he thought as he continued to lock eyes with the man, who was still staring at him and talking on the phone.

“…hold on Lee…” The brunette took the phone away from his mouth, but did not hang up.

Naruto turned his body to face the man, as if to acknowledge that he was aware of him. The detective’s voice soon broke the silence between the two.

“Who are you…and what do you want?” the frown on the man’s face deepen when Naruto smiled. ‘I think I’ve found a way to deal with this guy without being connected to Shukaku. Heh, this might be fun.’

Quickly cutting to the chase Naruto mouthed, “Hang up the phone.” and by the surprise expression on the man’s face, he knew that he had gotten the message. The British man then concluded his talk on the phone.

“Lee, it looks like I’m going to have let you go…no, there isn’t anything wrong..not at the moment…if I don’t call you back, then you’ll have something to worry about.” The last bit was whispered, but Naruto (Having abnormal hearing) caught every word of it, and the cell phone was abruptly closed.

Naruto glanced at his wrist watch and saw that he had at least twenty-minutes to deal with this guy. ‘Heh, no sweat. Plus, it’s a good thing Gaara had already left when his guy showed up. I don’t know what would have happened if he knew he was here.’

“You didn’t have to hang up on his so fast. I have patience, you know.” Naruto leaned up against the wall that he had his back to, and acted as if he didn’t hear the last part of the conversation.

“Well, yes…but if you have been listening to my conversation long, then you might have something interesting to say. As you can see, I’m very eager to find out anything on Shukaku...or Kyuubi.” the man took a step closer to the blond, and gave him a look in inquiry.

“Oh really?” Naruto then reached his hand out and gave a fake name. “My name is Takashi.”

The detective looked at his hand with disgust and slapped it without a moment’s hesitation. “Cut the crap, what do you know?” he demanded now.

Naruto had expected this, and pushed against the wall to stand straight, while the guy in front of him to a step back. Naruto smirked, picked up his bag and started to walk away. Behind his back he could hear the man stutter. “H-hey! Wait! W-where are you going? Aren’t you going to say anything?!” and with that, Naruto started running.

‘C’mon…chase after me. I need to get you alone, and hopefully you’ll be too blind to see that. You so caught up with your anger with Shukaku, that you won’t notice. So follow me!’

Soon after, his ears picked up the sound of foot steps following his. ‘Sweet, just a little further eye boy. Follow the nice lil’ fox, like a good detective.’

The chase eventually led them to the outside of the air port were no people usually went. Naruto glancing at his watch again, saw that he had fifteen more minutes.

The brunette in front of him was panting slightly and was about to speak, but Naruto beat him to it, “You want to know something?” Naruto asked and threw his bag down.

“Yes, isn’t that the reason why I chased after you? Now who are you!?” Neji shouted the end part.

Naruto chuckled, “But I already told you. My name is Takashi and yours is Neji Hyuuga. Your quite the detective.”

Neji’s white eyes widened some, “What do I have to do to get you to talk?”

The blonde smirked, “Nothing.”

Neji was then caught off guard when the man before him suddenly disappeared.

Looking around his frantically, Neji saw nothing…only a bag on the floor that was left by ‘Takashi’. Neji cautiously stepped forward and reached out for it. But as soon as he was about to touch it, his vision became blurry. His body went stiff and could no longer move it, and he fell to the ground. Soon after, a figure leaned over his body, and Neji suddenly felt vulnerable. ‘What happened?! Why can’t I move?! Who is this guy?!’

“Nothing,” Naruto repeated. “cause I never said that I knew anything.”

Neji frowned, “What? Your lying! I know you know someth-”

“Sorry.” the man spoke, and Neji then felt hands roaming over his thighs. Neji was then flipped over and a large hand slipped into his font pocket and pulled out his wallet. The brunette’s visions was still blurry, but he could see the out line of the item in the man’s hand.

Naruto whistled, and how thick the wallet was, “I’m a mugger.” and he was answered with a gasp. “I knew who you were and you looked like you were loaded with dough, so I decided to get some extra cash for the trip.”

The fox squatted next to the detective’s body and continued to speak, “Heh, you detectives are easy. Your always so nosy and tend to make assumptions. Next time, you’ll listen to what people say…it’s a shame though. I thought you’d be more of a challenge, I guess you’re a lil’ on edge about Shukaku giving you the slip. Heh..funny.” and Naruto ended the conversation with a snapped his fingers and the detective was out cold.

Naruto reached over and picked up his bag. ‘He won’t remember anything…well for now he won’t. He’ll probably remember around three days from now…it’s a good head start, for me.’ he thought and stood up and stuffed the man’s wallet in his pocket.

Naruto walked back towards the airport building, leaving Neji laying there, and as he made it through the doors, one question ran through his mind.

‘I wonder who he was going to meet in Tokyo…hmm…’


Back in Tokyo…


Sasuke closed the door to his apartment, and tossed his jacket on the couch near by. It had been a long night, especially since his window was broken in, he had to go back up and report for property damage. The police insurance would cover the bill since his car was on the property.

As he made his way toward the kitchen, he pushed the play button on his answering machine.

Message One;

“Sasuke, its Neji. I getting on a plane and heading towards Tokyo. I have a feeling that Tokyo is the next place that Shukaku or Kyuubi will be-”

Sasuke’s head popped out from the kitchen, and was going to open his mouth to say something, when-

“-and don’t even say anything Uchiha! I know what I’m talking about, so deal with it!”

Sasuke glared at the machine, and fill the mug up with water and placed it on the microwave.

“I’ll be departing soon, so I’ll call you when I get there. I’ll stay in town and help you with the investigation until one of them leaves their note. Until then Sasuke.”

Message End

When the microwave’s timer rang the brunette pulled the mug out and dipped the tea bag in the hot water and walked into the living room. Deleting the message, and sitting down, Sasuke grabbed the remote, near by and sipped at his hot tea.

Turning the TV on, Sasuke mulled over what Neji had said, ‘How did Neji come to that assumption? He sounded really irritated, could this case be getting to him?…no, Neji has a strong mind, while this case his frustrating, Neji has always been calm and composed…I’m sure he’s doing fine right now.’

The news was on right now, and his two thieves were obviously top story. Sasuke, feeling content with the warm tea settling in his stomach, didn’t even feel bother to change the channel. He had his tea…it was like crack for an addict. Nothing could possible bring him down from his mood.

Sasuke, absently placed the mug on the table beside his and in the process, knocked something over. Sasuke already knew what it was without looking, and scrambled to pick it up.

It was an old picture frame holding something very precious to him. Turning is upward to check for damage, Sasuke’s eyes went considerably softer. ‘…Naruto.’

The picture consist of two people. Him and the blonde. Naruto had jumped and clung to Sasuke back, and grinned real big for the camera, while Sasuke was still trying to regain his balance. It was a horrible picture, really. One that Sasuke wouldn’t have been too fond of if it wasn’t for the blonde in the picture.

“Sasuke…”

He could still hear his voice from that day. The day he left Sasuke here in Tokyo, never to be seen again.

“I’m sorry, but…I’m leaving.” a small blonde said at his doorstep late one night.

Sasuke’s grip in the frame tighten, as his real nightmare flash once more before his eyes.

“Leaving? Why? Where are you going?!” the younger version of himself grasped the blonde’s shoulders in desperation.

“I don’t know where I’m going…” Naruto’s blue eyes looked deep into his, and Sasuke was rendered speechless.

“I’ve found him Sasuke…and he wants me to live with him. How could I say no…I finally found someone who is willing to care for me! Please! Understand what I’m trying to say to you!!” Naruto shouted.

Sasuke closed his eyes, trying to block out the flashback, but he could still hear it all. Every word.

“Naruto…so your going to leave…leave me? We’ve been friends for years! Your sixteen! Do you plan to stay with him forever?!” the anger was evident in his voice.

“Sasuke..I thought that at least you would understand. We are both orphans.” said the quiet voice.

“Yeah, but I’m looking for someone who dropped me off, just because they couldn’t handle their responsibilities!”

“That’s because you weren’t dropped off!”

Sasuke clutched the frame closer to his body, preparing for what was about to be said.

“Your parents were killed, Uchiha! You at least remember, their faces! I don’t have anything! Not a picture, or anyone to tell me about them!!”

“Naruto…” the voice seemed to understand that he had crossed the line.

“Someone wants to take care of me, Sasuke. I’m not as alone as I thought I was…if you had one last family member out there, would you sit on your ass and do nothing?!”

“…”

“That’s what I thought…I’m leaving in an hour, bastard.”

Sasuke remembered his thoughts, right then and there. ‘An hour? That’s not enough time to convince him to stay.’

The brunette opened his eyes just in time to see his younger self, hurl himself at his best friend. The blonde in turn was shocked. And he didn’t blame him, he never did those things back then. And still didn’t.

“Please…don’t go.” he mumbled.

Naruto just gasped and after a moment, returned the awkward hug.

“I…I don’t know what I’ll do…please don’t leave me, Naruto.” He pleaded.

But Naruto didn’t say anything. The only thing that the blonde did was squeeze tighter, and this scared Sasuke. It was just like saying “I’m sorry.” and that meant that the person in his arms, was leaving regardless.

Sasuke watched the scene, and felt a lump form in his throat. He knew the outcome, and he couldn’t do anything about it.

The blonde boy gently tried to pull away from him, but he held on. Naruto renewed his efforts, after a moment but Sasuke clung to him as if the world depended on it.

“Sasuke…c’mon. Let go. Your going to have to anyway.” the voice had a little humor in it. But Sasuke didn’t see anything funny about this.

“No…I don’t want to let you go.”

“Heh, I would have never known that you’d react this way, bastard. Are you in love with me?” he was now trying to tease him into letting him go. It didn’t work.

“Shut up, dobe.” and if possible he squeezed tighter.

“Ok…now your just trying to kill me. I can’t breathe, bastard! Loosen up some.”

Sasuke gritted his teeth, ‘There’s my mistake.’

He watch as the blonde jerked out of his grasped as soon as he loosened it, and before his knew it, Naruto was standing by the door.

“I’m sorry Sasuke. But I have to go, don’t worry…I’ll keep in touch. Its not like you’ll never see me again.” And he was gone. Just like that. He’s never seen or heard of him since.

Sasuke watched himself fall to the ground, and sob silently. He couldn’t watch anymore. It was all still too much.

Sasuke placed the frame back on the table to the side. Naruto had left when he was sixteen. And seven years passed and he still couldn’t get him off of his mind. After time, Sasuke came to the conclusion that Naruto was more than a friend. Yes. He was in love with some one he hadn’t seen for seven years…he loved Uzumaki Naruto.

Sighing, Sasuke found that it was time for bed. Turning the TV off, Sasuke went to his bedroom and stripped into his boxers. Laying in bed, Sasuke looked up at his ceiling, and thought to himself.

‘If I ever see you again, Naruto…I won’t let go of you. You’ll be stuck with me, and you won’t have anything to say about it. You won’t ever leave my sight again.’

Elsewhere…

Neji Hyuuga groaned and sat up, from the cold and unforgiving ground. He ached everywhere, and nothing looked familiar to him. All he knew was that it was cold, and he couldn’t remember how he had gotten there.

“Where am I?”


TBC

4259 Words
Chapter 1



Twenty-three year-old Uchiha Sasuke was a detective working in the Uchiha Police Department, in Tokyo, Japan. People ran all around outside his office, yelling information across the rooms and others rushed to gather it. They were all working to catch two people.

They went by the name of Kyuubi and Shukaku…and they are thieves. Very good ones. They didn’t really destroy anything in the process…just took artifacts. Priceless artifacts.

The way it was done still remains unknown. Both get past cameras, laser sensory, and never made a sound. The police didn’t even know how they get into the buildings! No windows were open, no ventilations shoots were tampered with, they didn’t even know how they would pick up the last artifact. It was a vase…that weighed at least 200 pounds! For all they knew, they just opened the front door and walked out the back!

Sasuke swirled around in his chair to look out the window. Rubbing his temples, Sasuke thought long and hard about what was heard about the duo.

Kyuubi had gotten past Inuzuka Kiba, three times, in New York. Someone that was well known for never letting anyone escape his nose. The man had even gotten past the American’s dog. To accomplish such a feat was impossible…unless he had no scent, which everybody did. So how did he do it?

Then there was Shukaku. He had gotten past Hyuuga Neji, two times in London…and that too had never happened. Neji always knew what his prey was going to do next,(how he did that, he had no clue), so he always cornered them. The Hyuuga had manage to see the figure of the thief on the last theft, but that was it. Shukaku was at least 5’8”, from what he had heard. The fact that there was also no scent and another precious artifact was stolen; it gave the idea that the two were working together.

Plus, Kyuubi and Shukaku always left a card in advanced, that let police know when and where, they were about to strike next. And that pissed the detective off. To them…it seemed like it was a game, and they were obviously winning against the police force.

‘This all happened in just two months…if this keeps up, they’ll have millions and millions of dollars in their possession.’

Sasuke sighed for what seemed like the twentieth time today. His job was becoming more stressful every time the two had gotten away.

The brunette then decided to call it a day. He wasn’t getting anywhere with this…besides, if he stayed any longer, he’s would be pretty much asking for a headache. Grabbing his leather coat, he walked out and locked the office door behind him.

- - - -

Sasuke’s footsteps echoed throughout the building’s parking lot. It was dark…and he was alone. When the brunette came to his car, he turned off the alarm and sat on the driver’s side.

He ran his hands through his thick hair and adjusted his mirror, out of habit. As he looked in his mirror, something moved.

Acting purely on instinct alone, he ducked just in time to miss a rock being thrown through his back window.

Taking his gun out (A/N: wow, he pulled that out if his ass) and opening the door, Sasuke pointed the weapon in every direction that he looked. No one was there.
‘Kids?…well it wouldn’t be the first time..’

Putting his gun down, he looked into his car unconsciously and found the rock had landed on his dash board. On closer inspection, there seemed to be a piece of paper tied around it.

‘Well I guess that option is out of the window…this definitely isn’t kids.’ he thought as he unfolded and read the note.

- - -

Sasuke

When you meet him, don’t let his looks deceive you. There is more to it than meets the eye. I will come in contact with you again, until then…stay safe.

- - -

‘Stay safe? Stay safe?! How the hell am I suppose to stay safe if you are throwing random things through my windows?!?! And who the fuck is HIM?’



Else where…


Two men stood in an air port with luggage set on the ground in a London airport. One had blond hair, blue eyes, tanned, and stood about 5’10”. The other was a red head, turquoise eyes, pale, and was 5’8”.

People walking by gave the pair an odd look. They were an odd pair, and they contrasted each other greatly. The blonde was dressed more casually. He was dressed in a red shirt that said “Fuck Off” and wore navy blue jeans. The red head, who was so close he was nearly touching the blonde, wore darker colors. His black clothing made his skin look nearly paper white, and the black eye liner made his turquoise eyes stand out. But in spite of all that, they seemed to be standing really close to one another, as if relishing the moment together.

“Flight 28 will be boarding shortly, so please report to lane 7; Flight 28 will be boarding shortly, report to lane 7.” A voice spoke over the intercom.

“Well, its time for you to leave…Gaara.” the blond smiled, and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Gaara looked up at the blond, there was slight hesitation in his eyes. “Are you sure you don’t want to wait? There isn’t a time limit on this one…I can still go with you, and we can do the heist in Tokyo together.”

Gaara was rewarded with a laugh, “Gaara, you worry waaaay to much. I‘ve already told you, I’ve got this one in the bag.” he smiled, hoping that it would reassure his friend, and cease his worries. It did not have the desired affect.

“Don’t smile as if everything is alright, Naruto…you going back to Tokyo…where the Uchiha is. Things have always been difficult when it came to him…even more now since his current occupation is a detective.” Gaara eyes slanted, showing that he was frowning.

“Heh, yeah…but what are the odds that I’ll meet up with the bastard? Plus, I haven’t seen him since high school and Tokyo is the biggest city in the world.”

Sighing, Gaara pinched the bridge of his nose. “I know that…I just don‘t feel right about this.”

“Hey, hey…you don’t need to concern yourself about lil’ o’ me. I’m a big boy, I can take care of myself!” Naruto raised his arm, while the other patted his bicep, while he winked at the shorter man.

The blond continued, “All you have to worry about is your job. Where did he say the artifact was…Egypt, right? Aren‘t your siblings there too?”

Gaara absently nodded, and then glared at Naruto. “Don’t change the subject! We’re talking about you here…”

Naruto gave him a blank look that just screamed ’Just drop it already’. Gaara closed his eyes in a moment of desperation but he knew that he wouldn‘t be able to sway Naruto‘s decision. “Just, be careful…and don’t rush things too much. Remember, the early bird may get the worm-”

“-But the second mouse gets the cheese. Yes, Gaara I know…I’m more worried about you though. The London detective saw you. Don’t let it happen again.” Naruto was now fake chastising.

If anything, Gaara pouted slightly. “He was a tricky one. Every time I tried to get away, he was always in step with me. I almost wanted to kill him.” he grumbled.

Naruto laughed heartedly, “Yeah? When you didn’t reach mid-point on time, I’d thought I’d have to go and save you. Heh heh.”

“Shut it Uzumaki. I had everything under control.” Gaara turned away from him with his arms crossed.

The blond laughed again, and stepped forward to hug the red head from behind. “But in all seriousness…please be careful.” Naruto closed his eyes and whispered in his ear.

“Hn. Ok, I will if you will…brother.” Naruto smiled at this. Whenever Gaara called him “brother” he knew, the red head meant whatever he had said.

“Last call for Flight 28, I repeat last call for Flight 28. Please report to Lane 7.”

Gaara felt Naruto squeeze him, before the warmth of his body disappeared. Turning around, Gaara saw Naruto give him a two finder salute. Nodding, Gaara picked up his things and did a double take when he looked at the blonde. Gaara’s eyes narrowed, and he poked his own cheeks as an indication; Naruto in turned gasped and felt his own. He felt the small indentions on his skin growing deep. One word ran through is head, ‘…Kyuubi.’

“Take your meds, Naruto.”

Naruto dug in his pocket for the bottle, opening it, and popping one in his mouth and swallowing it. In those seconds, Gaara had turned and walked away, without a second glance. ‘The pills…their meant to…to keep this demon in me..in check. The marks on my face show up, and when they do; Kyuubi has a great influence on me; Smell, sight, and hearing, strength and abilities, hence the marks. The thief ’Kyuubi’ has the same marks, so I can’t be caught having them.‘ Naruto sighed, ‘Gaara doesn’t have that problem…the only side affect is that he can’t sleep or Shukaku will take over his body. But, when he is around me..Gaara can sleep all he wants because his demon calms down when he is near Kyuubi.’

The blonde watched as Gaara disappeared around the corner, and frowned when remembering what was worrying Gaara. ‘Honestly, I don’t know if everything will be ok.’ Naruto picked up his suitcase and turned to find a seat.

Naruto still had to wait for his flight…to Tokyo. ‘I know from experience that I am always bound to spot the bastard…even if he doesn’t see me.’ Sitting down, Naruto waited for his flight…even though it would take another hour.

Around thirty minutes later…

Naruto was just about to doze off, (with his head at an angle and mouth wide open) when his nose caught something. Naruto’s eyes peeked open, and scanned the area and after a few looks around, Naruto found what had caught his nose. The London detective.

‘Hmm, what are the chances of me finding you here?’ he thought, and in the back of his mind, Kyuubi started to stir, ‘I might need the fox awake for this one.’

The man was currently talking on his cell phone, having a rather loud conversation with who ever was on the other end. Naruto stood up with his suitcase and walked closer. His sense of hearing picked up as he walked closer.

“Look I know what I’m talking about! They’re going to hit each continent, and take its most valuable possessions. First is was New York in the United States, then it was London. I’m willing to bet that they are next target is either going to be Egypt, Japan, or Australia!” There was a small pause. “I’m going to Tokyo, right now. I know someone over there in the police department, and I will relay as much information as I can to him…I left a message on his answering machine, so he‘ll know that I‘m coming.”

Naruto whistled, ‘Wow, this guy is good. If he says anything else that is deemed threatening…I might have to make him postpone his flight.’

“…I think that Shukaku had red hair…well, I’m not quite sure. It was dark.”

‘I think I just jinxed myself.’ he then looked upward, ‘Why, oh why do you torture me? What did I ever do?…well besides stealing valuable things.’ Naruto then looked down and saw that the London detective was looking right at him, with a weird look in his eye. ‘Hmm? Am I giving anything away?’ Kyuubi, being fully awake, only chuckled.

But instead of looking away, Naruto locked eyes with the British. ‘I’m going to have to do something about this guy…but what?’ he thought as he continued to lock eyes with the man, who was still staring at him and talking on the phone.

“…hold on Lee…” The brunette took the phone away from his mouth, but did not hang up.

Naruto turned his body to face the man, as if to acknowledge that he was aware of him. The detective’s voice soon broke the silence between the two.

“Who are you…and what do you want?” the frown on the man’s face deepen when Naruto smiled. ‘I think I’ve found a way to deal with this guy without being connected to Shukaku. Heh, this might be fun.’

Quickly cutting to the chase Naruto mouthed, “Hang up the phone.” and by the surprise expression on the man’s face, he knew that he had gotten the message. The British man then concluded his talk on the phone.

“Lee, it looks like I’m going to have let you go…no, there isn’t anything wrong..not at the moment…if I don’t call you back, then you’ll have something to worry about.” The last bit was whispered, but Naruto (Having abnormal hearing) caught every word of it, and the cell phone was abruptly closed.

Naruto glanced at his wrist watch and saw that he had at least twenty-minutes to deal with this guy. ‘Heh, no sweat. Plus, it’s a good thing Gaara had already left when his guy showed up. I don’t know what would have happened if he knew he was here.’

“You didn’t have to hang up on his so fast. I have patience, you know.” Naruto leaned up against the wall that he had his back to, and acted as if he didn’t hear the last part of the conversation.

“Well, yes…but if you have been listening to my conversation long, then you might have something interesting to say. As you can see, I’m very eager to find out anything on Shukaku...or Kyuubi.” the man took a step closer to the blond, and gave him a look in inquiry.

“Oh really?” Naruto then reached his hand out and gave a fake name. “My name is Takashi.”

The detective looked at his hand with disgust and slapped it without a moment’s hesitation. “Cut the crap, what do you know?” he demanded now.

Naruto had expected this, and pushed against the wall to stand straight, while the guy in front of him to a step back. Naruto smirked, picked up his bag and started to walk away. Behind his back he could hear the man stutter. “H-hey! Wait! W-where are you going? Aren’t you going to say anything?!” and with that, Naruto started running.

‘C’mon…chase after me. I need to get you alone, and hopefully you’ll be too blind to see that. You so caught up with your anger with Shukaku, that you won’t notice. So follow me!’

Soon after, his ears picked up the sound of foot steps following his. ‘Sweet, just a little further eye boy. Follow the nice lil’ fox, like a good detective.’

The chase eventually led them to the outside of the air port were no people usually went. Naruto glancing at his watch again, saw that he had fifteen more minutes.

The brunette in front of him was panting slightly and was about to speak, but Naruto beat him to it, “You want to know something?” Naruto asked and threw his bag down.

“Yes, isn’t that the reason why I chased after you? Now who are you!?” Neji shouted the end part.

Naruto chuckled, “But I already told you. My name is Takashi and yours is Neji Hyuuga. Your quite the detective.”

Neji’s white eyes widened some, “What do I have to do to get you to talk?”

The blonde smirked, “Nothing.”

Neji was then caught off guard when the man before him suddenly disappeared.

Looking around his frantically, Neji saw nothing…only a bag on the floor that was left by ‘Takashi’. Neji cautiously stepped forward and reached out for it. But as soon as he was about to touch it, his vision became blurry. His body went stiff and could no longer move it, and he fell to the ground. Soon after, a figure leaned over his body, and Neji suddenly felt vulnerable. ‘What happened?! Why can’t I move?! Who is this guy?!’

“Nothing,” Naruto repeated. “cause I never said that I knew anything.”

Neji frowned, “What? Your lying! I know you know someth-”

“Sorry.” the man spoke, and Neji then felt hands roaming over his thighs. Neji was then flipped over and a large hand slipped into his font pocket and pulled out his wallet. The brunette’s visions was still blurry, but he could see the out line of the item in the man’s hand.

Naruto whistled, and how thick the wallet was, “I’m a mugger.” and he was answered with a gasp. “I knew who you were and you looked like you were loaded with dough, so I decided to get some extra cash for the trip.”

The fox squatted next to the detective’s body and continued to speak, “Heh, you detectives are easy. Your always so nosy and tend to make assumptions. Next time, you’ll listen to what people say…it’s a shame though. I thought you’d be more of a challenge, I guess you’re a lil’ on edge about Shukaku giving you the slip. Heh..funny.” and Naruto ended the conversation with a snapped his fingers and the detective was out cold.

Naruto reached over and picked up his bag. ‘He won’t remember anything…well for now he won’t. He’ll probably remember around three days from now…it’s a good head start, for me.’ he thought and stood up and stuffed the man’s wallet in his pocket.

Naruto walked back towards the airport building, leaving Neji laying there, and as he made it through the doors, one question ran through his mind.

‘I wonder who he was going to meet in Tokyo…hmm…’


Back in Tokyo…


Sasuke closed the door to his apartment, and tossed his jacket on the couch near by. It had been a long night, especially since his window was broken in, he had to go back up and report for property damage. The police insurance would cover the bill since his car was on the property.

As he made his way toward the kitchen, he pushed the play button on his answering machine.

Message One;

“Sasuke, its Neji. I getting on a plane and heading towards Tokyo. I have a feeling that Tokyo is the next place that Shukaku or Kyuubi will be-”

Sasuke’s head popped out from the kitchen, and was going to open his mouth to say something, when-

“-and don’t even say anything Uchiha! I know what I’m talking about, so deal with it!”

Sasuke glared at the machine, and fill the mug up with water and placed it on the microwave.

“I’ll be departing soon, so I’ll call you when I get there. I’ll stay in town and help you with the investigation until one of them leaves their note. Until then Sasuke.”

Message End

When the microwave’s timer rang the brunette pulled the mug out and dipped the tea bag in the hot water and walked into the living room. Deleting the message, and sitting down, Sasuke grabbed the remote, near by and sipped at his hot tea.

Turning the TV on, Sasuke mulled over what Neji had said, ‘How did Neji come to that assumption? He sounded really irritated, could this case be getting to him?…no, Neji has a strong mind, while this case his frustrating, Neji has always been calm and composed…I’m sure he’s doing fine right now.’

The news was on right now, and his two thieves were obviously top story. Sasuke, feeling content with the warm tea settling in his stomach, didn’t even feel bother to change the channel. He had his tea…it was like crack for an addict. Nothing could possible bring him down from his mood.

Sasuke, absently placed the mug on the table beside his and in the process, knocked something over. Sasuke already knew what it was without looking, and scrambled to pick it up.

It was an old picture frame holding something very precious to him. Turning is upward to check for damage, Sasuke’s eyes went considerably softer. ‘…Naruto.’

The picture consist of two people. Him and the blonde. Naruto had jumped and clung to Sasuke back, and grinned real big for the camera, while Sasuke was still trying to regain his balance. It was a horrible picture, really. One that Sasuke wouldn’t have been too fond of if it wasn’t for the blonde in the picture.

“Sasuke…”

He could still hear his voice from that day. The day he left Sasuke here in Tokyo, never to be seen again.

“I’m sorry, but…I’m leaving.” a small blonde said at his doorstep late one night.

Sasuke’s grip in the frame tighten, as his real nightmare flash once more before his eyes.

“Leaving? Why? Where are you going?!” the younger version of himself grasped the blonde’s shoulders in desperation.

“I don’t know where I’m going…” Naruto’s blue eyes looked deep into his, and Sasuke was rendered speechless.

“I’ve found him Sasuke…and he wants me to live with him. How could I say no…I finally found someone who is willing to care for me! Please! Understand what I’m trying to say to you!!” Naruto shouted.

Sasuke closed his eyes, trying to block out the flashback, but he could still hear it all. Every word.

“Naruto…so your going to leave…leave me? We’ve been friends for years! Your sixteen! Do you plan to stay with him forever?!” the anger was evident in his voice.

“Sasuke..I thought that at least you would understand. We are both orphans.” said the quiet voice.

“Yeah, but I’m looking for someone who dropped me off, just because they couldn’t handle their responsibilities!”

“That’s because you weren’t dropped off!”

Sasuke clutched the frame closer to his body, preparing for what was about to be said.

“Your parents were killed, Uchiha! You at least remember, their faces! I don’t have anything! Not a picture, or anyone to tell me about them!!”

“Naruto…” the voice seemed to understand that he had crossed the line.

“Someone wants to take care of me, Sasuke. I’m not as alone as I thought I was…if you had one last family member out there, would you sit on your ass and do nothing?!”

“…”

“That’s what I thought…I’m leaving in an hour, bastard.”

Sasuke remembered his thoughts, right then and there. ‘An hour? That’s not enough time to convince him to stay.’

The brunette opened his eyes just in time to see his younger self, hurl himself at his best friend. The blonde in turn was shocked. And he didn’t blame him, he never did those things back then. And still didn’t.

“Please…don’t go.” he mumbled.

Naruto just gasped and after a moment, returned the awkward hug.

“I…I don’t know what I’ll do…please don’t leave me, Naruto.” He pleaded.

But Naruto didn’t say anything. The only thing that the blonde did was squeeze tighter, and this scared Sasuke. It was just like saying “I’m sorry.” and that meant that the person in his arms, was leaving regardless.

Sasuke watched the scene, and felt a lump form in his throat. He knew the outcome, and he couldn’t do anything about it.

The blonde boy gently tried to pull away from him, but he held on. Naruto renewed his efforts, after a moment but Sasuke clung to him as if the world depended on it.

“Sasuke…c’mon. Let go. Your going to have to anyway.” the voice had a little humor in it. But Sasuke didn’t see anything funny about this.

“No…I don’t want to let you go.”

“Heh, I would have never known that you’d react this way, bastard. Are you in love with me?” he was now trying to tease him into letting him go. It didn’t work.

“Shut up, dobe.” and if possible he squeezed tighter.

“Ok…now your just trying to kill me. I can’t breathe, bastard! Loosen up some.”

Sasuke gritted his teeth, ‘There’s my mistake.’

He watch as the blonde jerked out of his grasped as soon as he loosened it, and before his knew it, Naruto was standing by the door.

“I’m sorry Sasuke. But I have to go, don’t worry…I’ll keep in touch. Its not like you’ll never see me again.” And he was gone. Just like that. He’s never seen or heard of him since.

Sasuke watched himself fall to the ground, and sob silently. He couldn’t watch anymore. It was all still too much.

Sasuke placed the frame back on the table to the side. Naruto had left when he was sixteen. And seven years passed and he still couldn’t get him off of his mind. After time, Sasuke came to the conclusion that Naruto was more than a friend. Yes. He was in love with some one he hadn’t seen for seven years…he loved Uzumaki Naruto.

Sighing, Sasuke found that it was time for bed. Turning the TV off, Sasuke went to his bedroom and stripped into his boxers. Laying in bed, Sasuke looked up at his ceiling, and thought to himself.

‘If I ever see you again, Naruto…I won’t let go of you. You’ll be stuck with me, and you won’t have anything to say about it. You won’t ever leave my sight again.’

Elsewhere…

Neji Hyuuga groaned and sat up, from the cold and unforgiving ground. He ached everywhere, and nothing looked familiar to him. All he knew was that it was cold, and he couldn’t remember how he had gotten there.

“Where am I?”


TBC

4259 Words