TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Butterfly by SubtleSerenity

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Yo. Lil' break from "Himura Naruto"
Angst by the bucket full. Read, review, enjoy (Not in that order... hopefully)
The mirror image of herself grinned sickly back at her. It had been two years now... had it?
It seemed so much longer, now.
Since he'd gone.
Beautiful, she'd been called. Brilliant, smartest in class.
Only behind, in fact, one Uchiha Sauske.
Was it any real wonder why he had stolen her heart?
Of course, he had also stolen the heart of a dozen dozen others. Still, she was different from all of them... right? They had all had silly crushes. She had loved him dearly... why else was she the only one who hadn't moved on.
She grinned at herself. When Naruto brought him back... when he... when he did... if he...
She'd be waiting. She would be watching. She would be worthy.
Worthy of... what? Sauske?
She had had other boys try to ask her out, since Naruto left. A dozen dozen dozen. She had turned all of them down. Ino had moved on. Hell, she was looking at Kiba now!
Baka! When he came back, she'd regret it! She would...
Sakura grinned to herself in the mirror, the scissors lying limply between her fingers. What a fool, Ino was. All them were. When Sauske came back, she'd be the one welcoming him back with open arms. Her and him and Naruto... It'd be just like before, but better! Team 7 back together, again! One big, happy family!
Pink hair littered the edges of her vanity, and even more was on the floor around her. She had to be presentable, when he came back. Sauske-kun.
He had called her useless. A worse ninja that that blond baka of a teammate they had had.
She would show him. She would show him up.
He was just... poisoned by Orochimaru! Yeah, and... and... Itachi! And everyone not helping him like she had. She would never, ever again be a burden! Now...
Now, her tears hit the floor, working their way past the fake, plastered on smile, and the long eyelashes, and the face so meticuously mantained for no one.
He would come back. Or, she would go to him. Or... or... or...
What a beautiful little butterfly she had always been. Hair of a rich pink that most wouldn't have even been able to dream of, a still growing figure at fourteen that showed that she would be a heart-throb. Deep, green eyes...
More tears flowed.
He... didn't like butterflies. Or flowers.
He called them useless.
They gained no one anything.

And, so, Haruno Sakura was that same Butterfly, that little flower rooted in the same spot.
She would make no excuses for that.