TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Strategy by recita1717

[Reviews - 27]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I decided to make Neji more compliant, and in future chapters, more competitive and slightly more easily nervous. Sorry if this upsets people, but I need Neji, I love Neji! Though I do not own anything... Except my mind! I hope...
“The chunnin exams are coming up again.” Hyuuga Hiashi stated flatly at the diner table. Neji and Hinata both stopped chewing at the same time, making eye contact in mutual understanding that they would start training together more. “Do you two have any plans to help yourselves pass this year?” Hinata put down her chop sticks and twirled her fingers.

“She and I have already planned on working together to help build her speed and strength. Her form has gotten better though between then and now, so I do not think that your intervention will be extremely necessary, though your presence would be very much appreciated.” Neji responded, taking in another mouth full.

“Well, that covers her weaknesses. How about yours?” Hiashi said, taking a bite of his rice. Neji chocked a little on his, letting out a little cough.

“What do you mean my weaknesses? Well, yes, I did underestimate Naruto’s strength, but I certainly won’t do that again.” Neji smoothed out a napkin.

“Not just that, but you lack something that helped one of the least likely candidates become a chunnin last year. Shikamaru used strategy, now, if you could get some practice at that then you will undoubtedly pass.” Hiashi rudely pointed his chopsticks at Neji, emphasizing his point.

“I’ve lead many missions utilizing strategy and intelligence gathering. I don’t think I need any more help in that department.” Neji responded with as much dignity he could muster.

“You’ve had good teams. Gai has taught your team well how to use each other’s strengths, and the addition of Naruto has only been acceptable on your mission because he uses blunt force to win, just like you. You should focus on learning strategy, maybe you could talk to the Nara kid into helping you, if you’re polite he just might.” Hiashi rested his chopsticks by his empty plate. “I’ll help Hinata kun with her training. I would like to see her supposed progress myself.” He looked down his nose at her, then back at Neji.

“Careful, she is dangerous when provoked. I hope not to be matched against her again this chunnin exam.” Neji stood, Hinata blushing and giving him a hidden smile to thank him for his praise. “May I be excused?” Neji asked, lifting his plate to bring to the kitchen.

“Of course, and please, go see Shikamaru. You’re excused for the night.” Hiashi waved him off, Neji handing the plate to a servant. Nodding his thank you, he left the compound. Pulling his shoulders back, he took a deep breath of the fresh air outside. He didn’t know how Hinata sama could withstand it in that house, her father was like a suffocating dictator. He knew better than to go back to his little house on the fringes of the Hyuuga compound, Hiashi would ask around to make sure he went to the Nara clan’s home. Sighing, he turned down the paths to the farm like area where one had to be careful not to step in deer excrement.

Shikamaru was groaning while doing to dishes. Scrubbing a pan to the satisfactory cleanness that his mother demanded, he rinsed it and let the water run out of the sink. Drying off his hands, he decided that letting the dishes drip dry would be okay, one of his parents would put them away in the morning.

“SHIKAMARU!!!” He heard his mother roar at him. He cringed, waiting for something to fly at him.

“What?” He asked back, voice perpetually in a lazy tone. His mother stomped into the kitchen.

“You need to go help your father with the deer in the back field. It seems that they have trapped a person in the corner of the fence and won’t let him out.” She said, shooing him out the door.

“How troublesome. Who’s idea was it to train them to attack strangers?” He groaned again when he reached the back field, his father holding onto six deer, three to a hand, by the antlers.

“Your mother’s, and they didn’t attack, they pinned him down. Actually, I think that they’re licking him right now…” Shikamaru could hear a slight chuckling coming from the corner, a good ten to twelve deer pushing each other.

“Humph…troublesome… Yo, who’s in there?” Shikamaru pushed a couple of deer back, giving them death glares when they tried to walk forward again. They obeyed their younger master, stepping behind his father who still wrestled with the more disgruntled deer.

“Hyuuga Neji. Make them stop licking me!” Neji let out a loud squeak and Shikamaru heard him shift against the ground. “Not the shirt ohcomeon!” Shikamaru shook his head as he heard a rip. One of the deer pranced away proudly with a strip of white cloth, Shikamaru pointed it to his father. It obeyed, and as more deer realized that they were being ordered away they backed off, except for one little doe that was enthusiastically licking Neji’s ear. Neji tried to pull away, she bit his earlobe. “Ga!” Neji gripped the fawn’s head, looking up at Shikamaru. “Get it off me!”

“What are you doing in our back field?” Shikamaru asked, kneeling next to the fawn and taking a firm gentle hold on her lower jaw. Wiggling his fingers against the spot that had no teeth, she relinquished her hold. Neji jumped to his feet dusting himself off. The fawn let out a low ball, jumping up to take a hold of Neji’s shorts. Neji allowed it, holding shut his shirt.

“I was coming to see you, actually to ask you a favor. Why is she sucking on my shorts?” His eyes widened as a wet spot formed around the little fawn’s mouth. Shikamaru groaned.

“Great, she’s been rejected from the other female. Yo Dad! We got a problem…” Nara sama walked over, eyeing the dirty Neji and suppressing a grin.

“Looks like her aunt rejected her. There aren’t any others to nurse her. Looks like we’ll have to take her into the house.” Nara sama put a finger next to the fawn’s mouth, pushing it gently to try to get her to let go of Neji’s shorts. She refused, looking up adoringly at Neji. “Her mother died protecting her from a wild dog attack. Luckily the Inuzuka were near by with their dogs to fight it off. They are trying to set up a program to catch and train the strays from nearby villages now.” Shikaku gave up trying to get the little doe to release her hold, instead putting a hand on either boy’s back to lead them to the house. Neji had a difficult time walking with the fawn attached to his leg, but ultimately they made it to the house.

“What was the big deal?!” Yoshino demanded out the door, angrily drying off the dishes before putting them away.

“Neji kun was coming to visit when your deer tickle attacked him.” Shikamaru explained, waving a hand back and forth. “Very, troublesome. And the female didn’t take to the orphan fawn, more work…” Shikamaru sighed. Yoshino held back a laugh as Neji stumbled in, the little fawn still suckling hard on the hem of his short’s leg. “Do we have any powdered milk left?” He opened a cabinet, Shikaku vanishing out back to find a bottle.

“The other pantry Shikamaru! Baka son…” She wiped her hands off, running her hands down the little fawn’s spotted sides. “She’s not in to bad condition, unlike you. What happened to your shirt?” She began to try to pull the two edges together, then started to take it off of Neji. Neji gripped what was left of the hem, holding it firmly onto his body.

“One of your deer tried to rip it off of me, I presume to tickle me some more.” Neji blushed at how so many people now know how ticklish his neck and stomach are, making note that he would have to ask to keep this a secret.

“Why didn’t you fight back? Let me see it! I might be able to sew it back together. And I’ll have Shikamaru loan you some clothes, I’m going to have to wash these anyways. Hiashi will throw a fit if he saw his nephew come home like this.” She unceremoniously pulled Neji’s shirt off, taking it over to the sink.

“I didn’t want to hurt them, that’s why. Look, I, um, would prefer if this little incident didn’t become public knowledge…” He looked around as Shikamaru came back in, holding a dusty canister. Shikamaru groaned.

“Mother, come on don’t embarrass the poor kid any more than he already has. Yo! Father! You got the bottle yet?” Shikamaru put the canister down, filling up a teakettle with water to put on the stove to heat up.

“Would you get our guest some of your clothes? And remember that he is older than you, you’re the child!” She lightly slapped the side of Shikamaru’s head. If she was going to really hit him he would have ducked, but based on the air speed leading up to contact he just let her have the pleasure of tapping his head. Grumbling, he trudged up the stairs to his room.

“I found it!” Shikamaru’s father called out proudly, holding an old large bottle up in the air so Yoshino could see it. Walking to the canister, he tapped out a measured amount into the bottle. He did a drip test of the water onto his arm, deciding it wasn’t warm enough yet. Shikamaru thudded back down the stairs, holding out a large pair of sleep pants and a mesh shirt.

“Found these, they should fit I think. My room is upstairs; you can use my bathroom up there.” Shikamaru waved him up, firmly grasping the fawn’s sides. “Try to just pull away.” Neji had forgotten about the little creature, and looking down noticed that it was still looking up at him lovingly. Neji felt bad about pulling away from it.

“I’ll carry her up with me. I don’t think the water’s ready yet anyway.” Neji bent over awkwardly, lifting her slightly off of the ground and making his way to the stairs. The Nara’s held back chuckles as he slowly made his way up the stairs, bent over as if he was an old man with a back problem.

“Now that’s dedication, why don’t you act like that?” Yoshino asked her son, slapping his head again. Shikamaru sighed.

“Troublesome…”