TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Stop! by takoyaki

[Reviews - 2]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is a one-shot.
Sasuke had made his decision; tonight would be his last in Konoha.

“Why are you prowling around here in the middle of the night?”

“I knew you’d come this way…if you were to leave…so I just waited here…”

“Get out of here…and go back to sleep…” was Sasuke’s quiet response as he brushed by Sakura. Tears were already running down her cheeks.

“Why wont you say anything to me? Why do you always keep so quiet? You never say a single word to me…” she choked out her words with every harsh breath.

“I told you: I don’t need your help. Don’t try to look after me…”

The silence of the night stretched before them. Sasuke couldn’t understand why he didn’t just leave; he felt compelled to hear what she had to say, as a sort of closure, he reasoned.

“No matter what, you just always hate me, don’t you…” Sakura smiled bitterly. “You remember don’t you? When we became genins, the day when our team was first decided…the first time we were here by ourselves, you were so mad at me…”

I need to severe my connections here completely…

“I don’t remember that.” The words cut through the cold, night air like a knife. Sakura wasn’t sure what she had expected, but it certainly wasn’t this. Did she really mean so little to him? No, it couldn’t be…

“Hahaha…yeah, I guess you’re right…that’s all in the past, huh?” Sakura pushed on through his lack of reaction. “That’s when it all began though, you and me…along with Naruto, Sachiko, and Kakashi-sensei…” she couldn’t keep the nostalgia from her voice any longer. “We did all sorts of missions, just the five of us. It was painful and difficult at times, even with that though…” Sakura looked up. “…I still enjoyed it. I know all about your past, Sasuke. Even if you get revenge though…it won’t bring anyone happiness, not even you, Sasuke…”

Sakura was finally rewarded with a reply.

“I’m different from you all…I can’t be following the same path as you guys…Up until now, we’ve done everything as a group, but there is something else…I must do… Deep inside my heart, I’ve already decided on revenge…” Tears were blurring Sakura’s vision once again. “For that reason alone, do I live.” She could feel her bottom lip quivering. “I’ll never be like you.” The words were hurled at Sakura with such malice; she could hardly believe that they were meant for her.

“Do you really want to go back to being alone?” Sakura yelled, angry with Sasuke for the first time in her life. “You told me how painful it was to be alone! Right now, I know your pain! I may have friends and family…but…” the force that she wanted to put behind her words was catching in Sakura’s throat. “If you were to leave…to me…” the sobs she was holding inside were making speech difficult. “To me…I would be just as alone as you!”
“From here on out …we all begin new paths…”
“I…” Something inside of Sakura came loose and her emotions burst forth. “I…LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!” Sakura was panicking now; she could feel Sasuke slowly slipping through her fingers.



“If you were to stay with me…there would be no regrets…because, everyday we’d do something fun, we’d be happy…I SWEAR! I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! So…please, just stay with me… I’ll even help you with your revenge… I don’t know what I could do but I’ll try my best to do something…” her speech had dissolved into sharp sniffs. Sakura hung her head; her arguments didn’t seem to have any effect.
“You really are…” Sasuke finally faced her. “…Annoying.”
Sakura’s head snapped up in shock in time to see Sasuke making his way towards the gate.



“DON’T LEAVE!!!”



Her voice resonated through the woods, startling the birds from their roosts. Sakura was practically hysterical; she couldn’t think clearly. If she didn’t do something fast, she would lose him. “I’LL FIGHT YOU!”
Sakura’s breath hitched. What am I thinking?
“…Kukuku…don’t make me laugh.” Sasuke whipped around, “You…wouldn’t…dare!”
His smirk sobered Sakura. She knew what she had to do. Steeling her nerves, she pulled her kunai. Her hands stopped shaking and her knuckles here white from her grip. If Sasuke’s decision was to leave, then Sakura’s decision was to stop him, no matter what the cost.
“Watch me.”



Sakura’s fist collided harshly with the side of Sasuke’s face.
She’s serious?!




Sasuke flipped out of range and wiped the small trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth. He wasn’t sure what to do in this situation; he honestly hadn’t expected such resistance.

Sakura, you’re stronger than I thought.



Adrenaline was pounding through Sakura’s veins. So this is what it feels like to fight with every fiber of your being. Sasuke, I won’t lose you!



Sakura charged again, but this time Sasuke was prepared. He parried every blow with skill and ease.

“Is this all you’ve got!” he laughed cruelly.



Sakura doubled her efforts, increasing the speed and variety of her attacks, all the while releasing her anguish in hear-wrenching sobs. She was covered in dirt and sweat, but for once, she didn’t seem to care. She wasn’t holding back.

Sasuke was getting impatient; her quick movements weren’t leaving him an opening to attack.

I’ll end this.

Sakura’s eyes widened as she realized too late that Sasuke had activated his Sharingan. Lee’s speed might be able to fool it, but Sakura’s wouldn’t. Sakura skidded to a halt a good ten feet away. The back of her head was pounding from the impact with the unsympathetic brick road. Darkness was tugging at the periphery of her vision, slowly creeping to the center.

No…not now…I can’t pass out now!



Sasuke emitted a derisive snort and turned away.

How weak. This is exactly why I can’t stay here.




“Sasuke…” All Sakura could manage was a whisper.



no…No…NO! THIS ISN’T OVER!

“SASUKE! I’M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU YET!”

How is she still standing? She always had the weakest stamina!

Sakura was no longer crying. She let loose a barrage of furious kicks and punches. Sasuke was still able to block them, but he was surprised to hear his skin sizzle with every impact. She was releasing her chakra at the collision sites for maximum damage. Sasuke had never seen her this intensely focused before.

“I DON’T KNOW WHAT I EVEN SEE IN YOU!!!” Punch! “YOU’RE SELFISH!” Punch! “YOU’RE RUDE!” Kick!

>

Sasuke was still reeling from her last kick. But Sakura was on a roll:

“AND YOU KNOW WHAT? THOSE ARE THE REAL REASONS WHY YOU’RE ALL ALONE!!!!”

Something inside Sasuke snapped.



Sakura slowly brought her hand up to her abdomen and felt the warm, sticky blood flowing freely from the wound. Sasuke was so shocked that he couldn’t even bring himself to remove his kunai. He just stared, unblinking, into her eyes waiting for a sign, anything!

“I got you…” Sakura said weakly. She grasped the wrist that was still holding the kunai. “I won’t ever let you be alone again.”