TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Innocence Fading by Oni_Chan

[Reviews - 12]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I do not own the series of Naruto but most characters and places mentioned are my own thoughts of Suna and its inhabitants.
(C) Kimi Akamari and most other characters here are property of me and soully me.

Ok this is the first part of Kimi's stories. I'm going to do the main parts of her past and then the minor ones when ever they pop to mind.
An ear splitting scream sounded in the otherwise silent desert. The single strip of blue, the Oni River, in the landscape contained the source of the unwelcoming noise. The water churned and crashed along the shore as it sped away from the desert city at an alarmingly fast pace. From the shore anyone could make out the form of a young girl.

The girl desperately tried to stay afloat in the dark water. She coughed out water as she kicked and splashed helplessly. "Help! Somebody help me!" the girl coughed, her blue eyes clouded in fear.

She could make out the shapes of people standing on the shore and walking by. One of the shapes she recognized from her village and she called out to him, "Genji! Help me!" she spluttered.

The form of the one known as Genji halted and turned to look at the drowning girl. He was looking down, his face covered in the shadows before finally speaking, "Pathetic girl," he hissed. The boy looked up to reveal a blank face, no eyes or features, more like an empty white space.

Other forms stopped and stared, their forms becoming the shapes of the villagers the girl grew up with, though all their faces remained as blank as Genji. They began to fall into a steady chant of insults, following the pattern Genji started, "Pathetic girl. Failure. Disgrace."

The girl was still splashing as the villagers disowned her. "Some...body...help.." she gagged out as she swallowed the icy water of the river. By some unknown force, she felt herself being dragged under. She let lose a strangled scream as she ran out of air. Before her world faded into blackness she looked down to see glaring yellow eyes of the Oni of the river pulling her under.

"Kimi! Wake up sweetie, it's only a dream," a soft voice whispered.

Kimi's head shot up and looked around to get her bearings. She sat in her bed, her mother standing over her with that motherly aura surrounding her. Sunlight poured in from the window to light up the young girl's room. "Mom.." she whispered looking up at her mother with pleading blue eyes.

Nari sat down on her daughter's bed and pulled the young girl into a tight embrace. "It's ok sweetie, it was just a dream. Do you want to tell me about it? It'll make it seem less scary," Nari assured her.

Kimi shook her head into her mother's chest. "No, I don't remember it," she muttered closing her blue eyes. In fact she did remember it, ever blaring detail from the blank faces to the eyes of the Oni. It was a dream that haunted her for the past two years.

Nari looked down at Kimi before patting the back of her head. "It may be for the better anyway sweetie. Now get ready, you have to be at the Academy in an hour," her mother told her. She kissed her daughter's forehead before exiting the room to go about preparing breakfast.

As her mother left Kimi looked down at herself and sighed, another restless night's sleep. The sheets were scattered and twisted from her kicking in the night and her long, waist length black hair was messed and clinging to her skin. She slowly got from her bed and walked down the hall to the bathroom. "Arigatou Mom!" she called down the hall to the kitchen after noticing her mother prepared the shower for her. She adjusted the temperature before stripping herself of her red pajamas and climbing in.

She scrubbed at her skin as though trying to erase the traces of her dream. Those haunting faces and glowing eyes were going to be the death of her if those dreams didn't stop. Once she was sure she rid herself of any soapy residue, she climbed out and wrapped herself in a large and fluffy towel before wrapping up her long hair.

She made her way back to her room, puddles of water trailing behind her. Kimi picked up an antique looking brush and fixed her hair before putting it up in a high ponytail leaving only her bangs to cover her dark blue eyes. She dropped the brush back in its rightful place and scampered over to her closet. She took out a black tank top, a sandy shawl, and a long black skirt.

She pulled the tank over her head and slipped into the skirt. The skirt fell to her shins but the slides split above the knee to give her access to the pouch of kunai she would tie there later. Fixing her skirt and tank, she soon pulled the shawl over head, the end coming just above her wrists. Kimi looked at herself in the mirror quickly before hurrying down the hall to find her mother putting her plate at her seat.

She sat down and picked up the chopsticks, "Itadakimasu," she whispered before beginning to eat the rice and gyouza. Her mother drifted about the kitchen cleaning and putting dishes away. Nari placed Kimi's kunai pouch on the table and smiled.

"You father's newest supplies have come in today, he told me to give you some to try them out," Nari informed her. Kimi nodded as she tied the holster around her leg over the wraps she placed there earlier. Her father, Okito Akamari, ran the weapon shop in Suna. It was no little cart like most towns had to sell weaponry, her father ran a large scale shop that had several kinds of each weapon from all different countries. Needless to say, the Akamari's were a wealthy clan of weapon specialists.

"I have to get going Mom, I have to meet someone," she called over her shoulder as she headed for the stairs. She slipped on her sandals before going down the stairs and through her father's shop. It was rather early and already there were a few customers going through the isles.

Kimi jumped down the two steps leading out of the building and made a left down the main street. The thirteen year old sighed as she made her way to the training grounds near the Academy. She had no one to meet here, she never did, but she came relentlessly.

She came to train early before the other students arrived. She couldn't stand them and she did not wish to train with them. It had been two years since she first took the gennin exams, and another year since the last time she took it. The friends she grew up with were long since gennin, and some already had made chunnin. These people she currently trained beside were not her friends.

In Suna, the exams for the gennin have and always will be the same test of chakra control, something Kimi was not gifted in. The test was always the same and it was always held at the only river that flowed near Suna, Oni River, named for the legend of the demon who lived under its surface. The goal of the test was to see how well the students could control their chakra by making them cross the raging waters.

On Kimi's first try across the river two years ago, her chakra held out a quarter of the way before a ripple stole her of her needed balance. The result was her falling under the water, not a big deal except for the fact that Kimi didn't know how to swim. The instructors had to rescue her as she struggled to stay above the water. All of her friends moved on as ninja except her, and those so called friends turned Kimi into a laughing stock of the village.

It was then her dreams turned against her. Since the first time she nearly drowned she had been having nightmares of the river. The dreams increased in frequency and power a year after though.

After her parents had encouraged her to face the river again, she attempted the test. She made it half way over the river when the memory of the water dragging her under had hit her. Kimi had been overwhelmed by fear and lost the little control of the chakra she had. What no one noticed how ever was that she had started farther to the left than she should have, she was no longer in the safe waters, she had gone to one of the deeper zones of the river where the water was dark and fast.

It took two minutes for the instructors to get her to safety. They also kept Kimi in the infirmary for two days for going into a state of shock. After that had happened her nightmares and fears increased tenfold.

Kimi looked around the grounds to make sure she was alone before she focused the chakra into her feet. She concentrated by closing her eyes keeping her hands in the seal. In a flash she opened her eyes and darted out towards the wall of the Academy. She made it up a few feet before falling to the ground below. She glared at the opposing brick wall before trying again.

Since her stay in the infirmary, she vowed to do all she could to get stronger and prove herself. Her parents didn't mind if she became a kunoichi or not, but she did. She had not interest in taking over the business her great-grandfather began when the great ninja village of Suna first rose. She was going to become a kunoichi if it was the last thing she did.

For the past year she had been arriving early to train her chakra, a feat that was no where near as easy as the others made it seem. Then she would attend her lessons and return home to hone her weapon skills with her clan. Usually she trained with her father but occasionally her uncle would spar with her. Her hand to hand combat skills were sharper than most chunnin, but her chakra skills were barely gennin level. This was the life Kimi forced herself to live.

After about an hour of training she entered the stone building panting as she welcomed the cooler air. Classes were already in session but she had a privilege. Being the daughter of Okito Akamari made one thing clear, she was a weapon specialist and had no need for weaponry classes. Luckily for her that was the first class of the day, and after a bit of pleading on her part she finally convinced Kazuma-sensei to allow her to skip the first class, giving her more time to train. She just never told her parents about it, so they always sent her off at the normal time.

She opened the door to her class and went to take her seat in the back of the tiered classroom. A few heads turned and looked at her before they went to whispering and snickering. Kimi shot them glares before turning her attention to Kazuma-sensei, he was explaining tomorrow's events. The gennin exams.

Kimi straightened her raven hair before looking up to face the front again. She was nervous, but she wouldn't show it. She couldn't show it. If she did her fears would follow and she would screw up again, and she could not allow it. She would prove herself. Kimi Akamari would not be known for only being the inheritor of a wealthy shop, she would be a kunoichi of Sand if it killed her. And at the rate she was going that was a high possibility.

xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Translations-
Oni - demon or monster
Arigatou - thank you
Itadakimasu - saying of thanks before a meal
Gyouza - dumplings
Kunoichi - female ninja

xXxXxXxXxXxXx

Author's Note-
So how do you all like it? I'm going to go into explanations about Genji and a few others characters yet to arrive in the next chapter. Kimi's personality will show more around her school mates than with her family for a reason that will also be explained. Hmm, what else to say? Nothing much but please tell me what you think and if there's something you want answered I'll do my best.
I'm going to be updating my OCs to add their younger selves. So once that's up check it out some time ^_^