TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Gospel of Zion by Soul Orchard

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: this accualy might be taken down since i dont know if non-naruto fiction count as Original fiction...if it isnt oh well.
The Gospel of Zion

Reoccurring Dream

The greatest human achievement, the city of Aerostal, lay in ruins. The city set ablaze giving it a hellish red glow, smoke pillaring up into the sky.

Along with the smoke the cries of people being killed without mercy or guilt filled the air. Blood was spilt. Like a war it happened without warning but this was no war, it was a massacre. On February 18, 3120 nearly the entire human race had been wiped out by their own creation.

From the smoke and ruble, rose one man. He walked through the streets, stopping in the middle of an intersection and grinned. He was admiring his handy work, enjoying the sound of death.

“This is what you deserve….” He said to himself.

“My God…what have you done?” He turned around. A blonde girl stood, she wore her hair in two pony tails, glasses on her face covering her brown eyes, wearing the standard military uniform, black shirt with matching vest, black pants, belt and boots.

“Isn’t it obvious?” He asked

“You killed all those people…” Tears started to stream down her face.

“Oh shut up Trinity…no I’m not in the military anymore so I don’t have to call you that do I Alexis?” His grin returned, taking off the vest of his uniform.

She pulled a gun from the holster on her waist and took aim. “You’re going to kill me? After all we’ve been through together?” She took a step forward, tears still streaming down her face. “Then…pull the trigger!” He demanded making her flinch a bit. “Here.” He took her hand and aimed the gun between his eyes. “Aim here” His grin grew as he watched her cry, until she pulled the trigger. The sound of a single shot filled the air, along with the smell of blood and smoke.

Startled from his dream, his eyes shot open and he gasped, breaking the silence in the one man tent. Zion rose up out his sleeping bag and rubbed his eyes.

“Always the same dream.” He mumbled sleepily to himself. For seven nights in a row he’d had the same dreams.

“Hey Zion!” Heard from outside the tent. It was Rem, his best friend. “Commander has called a meeting, so get your ass in gear!” he heard him walk away.

He slipped out of his sleeping bag and put on his black boots sitting in the corner of the tent. He began to put on his military uniform, witch consisted of fingerless black gloves, a belt, and a black vest to match the shirt. He stepped out of the small tent and shivered as the cold night air hit him. He looked at his wrist watch witch read 2:00 am witch meant he and his team had been stationed on the cliff for six hours now. Running a hand through his short black hair, he looked upward and frowned the moon was surrounded by dark clouds…it would rain soon, he let out a heavy sigh making his way towards the middle of the camp sight.

Following the glow from the large camp fire he saw his team huddled around it and some of to the side. Recognizing the head of messy brown curls as Rem he made his way over to him. Arriving at Rems side he scooted over to make room for Zion.

A large man stepped out from the crowd, heading towards the fire .He had white hair, even though he was only in his mid thirties, pulled into a short pony tail, black sun glasses covering his eyes and a high collar leather trench coat covering the lower half of his face. He wore all black as the whole team did. This was their commander. “The reason I’ve called you all here is evident I’m sure…the team from Gallalae have not yet arrived. I’ve sent out three scouts to search the desert in search of them…they have yet to return, that was over four hours ago.” He scanned the crowd “I fear that the Gallalae team has been intercepted and our scouts have been killed…as of now our mission has been aborted.” He put his hands in the large pockets of the trench coat and continued “We will have to contact Grand Marshal Hawk to-“

“SIR!” He was suddenly cut off by one of the troops assigned to sonar and tracking called “There’s some thing moving toward us at rapid speed.”

“Is it the Gallalae team or our scouts?” The commander asked

“No it’s moving much to fast” He replied

“How fast?”

“About thirty miles a minute sir.”

“How many?”

“Only one sir, estimated time until it reaches us is about 5 minutes sir.”

“Alright you heard him Luronian or Droid it’ll be on us in 5 minutes, prepare your selves for an assault!” The commander ordered

“Uh sir…” The same soldier spoke out again, the entire camp froze for what he was going to say.

“What is it?” The commander asked

“The lone unit has doubled its speed…” He took a second glance at the screen in his lap “No!” He yelled in surprise,” It’s tripled, it’ll be on us in less than one minute”

“That can’t be right!” Some one yelled

“Its speed is still climbing”

There was a sudden upward gust of air and every ones attention was upward, there blocking the moonlight was the silhouette of a figure. Whatever it was had just scaled a two mile high cliff in one jump. It landed with a loud thud and a metallic clank, crouched in front of the commander and next to the camp fire it stood up slowly proving to be taller then the commander at seven feet. Every one stared dazed by the sight. It was a Droid metal covering every inch of it, but this one was different its design much more elaborate than previous Droids they’ve encountered, Gold rimming the chest armor, the shoulder armor extended away from its body some distance. The head design was different as well more like a mask, silver in color flat like a face a dark material covering the eyes, he could have sworn he saw it’s breath, made visible by the cold night air, coming through the small slits near the bottom of the ‘mask’. The camp fire gave this Droid a hellish red glow in the tinted blue light provided by the moon.

When they snapped out of their daze many pulled their guns from their holsters and took aim. Zion felt a drop on the tip of his nose, more and more a sudden deluge water poured from the clouds extinguishing the fire, setting the camp in darkness. Immediately dropped to the floor to avoid the barrage of bullets that he knew would come. The sound of gun fire filled the air along with grunts and moans of pain. Then it all stopped, the clouds cleared letting moon light shine dimly. Zion slowly rose from the ground. He looked around squinting in the dim blue light since the fire was now gone.

“Rem…?” He called out but was answered with silence. He took a step almost tripping on something he could only imagine was some ones dead body. He prayed it wasn’t Rems. The shuffling of loose rocks made him turn around quickly, eyes darting around in the darkness for something identifiable. Taking a couple steps back he kept searching in the darkness. He turned back around to continue the exploration of the now silent camp but bumped into something taller than he. He took a step back entering a fighting stance, he was unarmed his guns back in the tent. A light flashed in his eyes blinding him.

“Zion?” He heard his name being called. He recognized that voice. The light was pulled from his face and illuminated the owners.

“Pheoby” He sighed her name. Pheoby was the tactician of the group red headed beauty some called her but her name stood for her smarts. “Pheoby” meant brilliance.

“Thank God you’re alive” She sighed as well.

The shuffling of loose rocks brought them back to the reality of the situation. They stood back to back, unarmed, in near complete darkness. The only sound that could be heard was their breathing.

“Zion…” She called his name

“Yes?”

“Do you have the disc on you?” She asked in a whisper

“Yes” he replied in the same way.

“Good… you need to deliver that to Gallalae, come” She led the way to the edge of the steep ledge they were camping on, still alert of their surroundings. On the edge there stood a large boulder. Pheoby pulled her wrist uncovering her sleeve to reveal a watch much like Zion’s.

“End program D.” The wrist watch blinked. The boulder chirped in time with the blink. The boulder faded away and left a craft, it looked like a bird, the cockpit in the shape of a birds head, and the body matched as well, turbines in the center of both wings, painted a dark green.

“A humming Bird? …When did this get here?”

“They were brought here in advance” She replied “Run program A.” Again she said into the watch. The lights inside the Humming Bird lit up and the turbines started up “Open.” The latch to cockpit opened, Zion stepped over to it and lifted the glass covering the cockpit.

“There’s only one seat.” He said looking back to her.

“I know…your going alone” She stated “Now get in, the Auto pilot is set for Gallalae.”

“I can’t leave you here!”

“Zion right now I am your superior and you’ll do as I say! Understand?”

“Yes” He grits his teeth.

“Good, now get in” She ordered. He complied by jumping into the cockpit, closing and locking it in place. The Humming Bird suddenly took of the ledge. The turbines kept it hovering about six feet off the desert sand. He sighed again as he sat back on the seat as the Humming Bird zoomed across the Zerum Desert.

About five minutes in his fatigue started to catch up to him. Drifting in and out of sleep he stared at the sonar screen. A sudden ‘beep’ caught his attention, there was some thing moving fast towards him. He sat up looking at it closer the blinking dot was only six miles away, three, one, it was on him. The entire craft jerked. Zion had to grab the controls and break it out of auto pilot to avoid crashing into a sand dune. Every thing went quiet except for the beating of his heart.

Then what he was waiting for happened. The droid dropped on top of him. Even though he was expecting it he gasped. The droid peering into the glass at him it sent shivers down his spine. “You didn’t think you were going to get away without relaying my message did you?” It spoke to him ‘I knew it, this is no ordinary droid. Droids don’t talk like humans do…’ He thought to himself, silently reaching for one of the hidden weapons on the craft. The droid saw the movement and quickly jumped off the nose of the Humming Bird, the sudden extra force sent the craft in an incline. The nose came in contact with the sand sending it into a series of flips. Zion hit his head on the glass. The craft loosing control activated the ejection system, tossing him into the air.

He landed and rolled down the side of a dune. Feeling light headed he lay on his side while the sound of crunching of sand filled his ears. A pair of armor clad feet stop in front of his face. He could feel his blood trickle down his face.

“Now about that message” came that same deep voice “I want you to tell your leader…” his voice was drowning out, the world turning dark.