TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Carry You by protolenneth

[Reviews - 0]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is my attempt at a high school AU. I know it’s overdone, but for some reason I’m pulled to these kinds of stories. I’ll try to alternate points of view each chapter to keep the plot somewhat interesting, and I hope it gets at least a few reviews; after all, work without hope is like drawing nectar in a sieve. And how can I have hope if no one reviews?

Disclaimer: Don’t own Naruto

Also, open for main pairing suggestions.
Prolouge: For You

Today was no different than any other; I sat alone, again as everyone around me laughed and just enjoyed their time there, even though it was six and a half hours of pure boredom. And I found them again, in my locker; those horrible notes.

They have no clue how hard I have it. They may think that just because I smile means I laugh. They have no idea that every spiteful comment they make hurts me more than any beating ever did. I wonder what they would think if they were to find out about this; my vent for all of my thoughts and emotions. Would they laugh at me for keeping a diary and for being “emo” as well as a “gay slut?” Or would they be awestruck at the pain I write in you?

One of them, they found my old journal once, back in my old school. I had accidentally dropped it on the floor and that boy picked it up. By the next day all of my entries were photocopied and pasted all over the school, for everyone to see. The second I saw them I left the school, struggling to keep my emotions in check. It was then that I decided I couldn’t stay in that town anymore.

A week later he found me on the streets in a ghetto, cold, hungry, and tired. He took me in, and I’ve been like his son ever since. No, Zabuza is my father. My real father’s dead and my foster parent was why I’m so screwed up.

On Monday I’m transferring schools, again. This time we’re moving to a big city, Konoha. Maybe it’ll be different there; maybe I’ll finally find a friend to replace the one I lost. But I’ll smile, just like always, for you, Zabuza if not for me. So that I can show you how thankful I am for taking me in; for saving me.

Another day, another dream; hopefully not another failure or another joke. Because I don’t think I’ll be able to take many more of them in the future.

So for you, Zabuza, I’ll carry on this hell and hope for a better tomorrow.

And maybe, just maybe, it’ll come.

“Haku, shut the lights off; you need to get to bed. We leave at 5:30 tomorrow morning,” his voice boomed up the stairs. Reluctantly, I close my journal and place it next to me on the bedside table and shut the lamp that sat on it.

I doubt I’ll be able to sleep though. After all, today I’ll be leaving this god forsaken town forever. I’ll be able to leave all the others behind; all the people who ignored me and beat me and ridiculed me.

A sigh escapes me as I think of all the times I’ve failed to be the son that Zabuza, or my foster father, wanted me to be.

‘Seven,’ I think as I stare up at the dark ceiling of my room. ‘Seven schools in ten years.’ I can’t believe how many people I’ve been able to piss off just by existing.

But now, I get to start all over again; a new life, a new face, a new person. Maybe, this time, I’ll actually dress the way they want me to. ‘Maybe I’ll dress like a guy for once, if only to make friends. I feel so vulnerable in them though; so open.’

But then he appears in my head, his seemingly shrewd face and his muscular body reaching out towards me tenderly, to carry me.

‘For you, Father; only for you will I give up my identity,’ he thought as he shut his eyes against the darkness around him. After an hour of twisting and turning, his body finally gave into sleep; a nightmarish, fitful sleep, but sleep it was.

And outside delicate snow flakes danced in the wind, decorating the city of Kiri with a thin white blanket that shielded the city from all the wrongs in the world.