TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


United Cause by Unwritten25

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Hello peoples, KC here.



Now this story has a back-story that I don't go into much at the moment; don't worry! The history of the characters and how they got to where they are now will be filled in later.
Key for this chapter:

[[......]] means that a flashback is occurring
"…" is talking (duh)
Italics is thoughts, or emphasized words
(#) means I have a note for this part after the story chapter
-UC- is a scene change

United Cause
Chapter One
Rokudaime Hokage of Konohagakure


The enemy of my enemy is considered to be my friend.
--Anyomounus


August 30th, 1997
Konoha Village


An unearthly shriek woke up half of the villagers of Konohagakure on the morning of August 30th, 1997. Most of them were startled and several older shinobi already had placed their hands on their weapons, waking up instantly alert (1). But then, after a few moments the shriek faded and was replaced with an evil, pressuring aura which sent all of the awakened villagers hurrying for some aspirin.

Hataki Kakashi, considered to be one of the most perverted shinobi of the village, sighed before he tucked his precious bundle (the worn book title read ‘Icha Icha Paradise’) into one of his many pockets and pondered the newest shriek. Konohamaru had a decently level head; he wouldn’t shout out at nothing, unlike the loud blonde he watched over. Something must be wrong.

Or........ Kakashi felt the large sweatdrop on the back of his head maybe that idiot decided to disappear again.

The silver haired shinobi let out a sigh; he wouldn’t put it past his Hokage to “mysteriously disappear” as soon as his paperwork started to arrive. Kakashi started towards the Hokage’s office, wondering if Hyuuga Neji was back from his mission yet. If anyone could find Rokudaime it was Neji. Pondering it, the masked Jounin pulled out his orange book, opening it to his current page. All of his previous thoughts slipped away and were replaced by very, very perverted images of him and a certain dolphin doing exactly what was being done in this book. With a small cackle he changed his course completely, heading for a certain house in the village, and in the process forgetting all about the scream and whatever had caused it.

-UC-

Meanwhile a frantic brunette was tearing up his Hokage’s office, desperately trying to find his sensei. Behind him a pink haired girl was seething, taking out her anger on everything in her sight. Papers were thrown everywhere, as if their Hokage could be hiding underneath the stacks of his documents. When she found nothing she whipped around, emerald eyes furious, and gave the teenager with her a long cold stare.

“Konohamaru,” she said in a stern voice. “Go. Find. Him. Now.”

Trembling (though now it was because of the terrifying woman in front of him; how did Lee manage her?!) Sarutobi Konohamaru, the assistant of Rokudaime (as well as the unofficial babysitter of his Hokage) darted out of the room quickly. Behind him Haruno Sakura, the head of the Iryohan Unit, let out a soft sigh, allowing her shoulders to slump and a brief curse at the world that seemed to hate her so much. Wearily she glanced down at the papers she had managed to litter all over the entire Hokage office carpet.

“Stupid baka,” she muttered underneath her breath. “At this rate he’s going to die from some sort of assassination. Idiot.”

Sighing again Sakura bent down and began picking up the mess on the floor. After all she wouldn’t want to hear him whining to her about it when he got back. While she was bending down to pick up the papers near Rokudaime's desk, she noticed a small slip of parchment underneath the oaken table. The Kunoichi's curiosity piped Sakura picked it up, and flipped it over to see elegant green script. However a few moments of scanning the page left her face very white and her green eyes wide. Flinging the door open, she raced after Konohamaru as fast as possible.

-UC-

“There you are Hokage-sama!!”

Konohamaru was relieved beyond all measure to see his sensei safe. Secretly it was mostly because this meant he would escape Sakura's murder attempts; the medic-nin would calm down when her friend came back alright.

Uzumaki Naruto was hanging in a tree, his white Hokage robe discarded and thrown to the side (2). His thick, dark blonde hair hung messily over his closed eyes; the spiky tendrils hadn’t tamed though Naruto had grown older. In fact, they had only got messy and longer. The usual headband on his forehead was missing, leaving his hair to fall constantly into his eyes. His skin was still tanned and the fox whiskers on his face deeper, making them more pronounced. His face still held some baby fat, leaving him with an even more girlish and childish face. Pale pink lips pouted in the morning sun as the blonde stared down at his friend, beautiful cerulean eyes turning sulky at being caught outdoors. His small frame was still petite and – despite the boy’s numerous protests – girly looking. The black shirt showed of wiry muscles gained from training and the baggy orange pants stopped above his feet, showing off delicate ankles and slim legs.

Oh yes, puberty had given the Uzumaki a very nice gift.

Konohamaru huffed and decidedly ignored the soft pout and puppy dog eyes. He had fallen for that trick over and over in the first year of having Naruto-sensei as a Hokage, and he was well used to it by now. The only person that was not completely immune to it was Hyuuga Hinata-san, who still fell over with a bright red blush every time Naruto turned that look at her.

“Hokage-sama! Get back to your office now!!” Konohamaru yelled up the tree, now feeling more fury then relief. This was the sixth time (sixth time!) that Naruto had skipped off his duties in the last two weeks.

“Aww Konohamaru! You always spoil my fun!” Naruto whined, pout becoming over exaggerated while he sulked.

The brunette counted to ten, telling himself that murdering the fox would not be a good idea. No matter how fun it sounded.

“Kagekaze-sama is coming soon Naruto!” he shouted, dropping the formal use of his sensei’s name. “You need to be prepared! And that letter you received…..”

Naruto stiffened for a moment before waving a hand and laughing, “Gaara doesn’t give a damn about how I look Konohamaru, and you know that. And as for the letter…..” the blonde trailed off, becoming serious as he thought back to the letter’s contents.

[[Naruto, giving a quiet, sullen sigh, checked over the 113th paper of the morning. Scanning it quickly he nodded his approval and showed his acceptance by signing the bottom edge. Wiping his forehead (where was that damn forehead protector when you needed it?!) the blonde glanced out the window briefly, longing to go outside. However it was what he saw outside his window that made him stiffen.

An owl.

Hesitantly Naruto opened the window, allowing the brown bird to fly in. It quickly did so, making a few laps around his room before settling on the Hokage’s desk, near the stack of never-ending papers. Eyeing the bird, his hands went automatically to his thigh for his Kunai, but he paused when the bird held out its leg, as if it was giving something to the blonde. Approaching the owl cautiously Naruto noticed it had a small piece of paper attached to its leg, and the Third’s name was written on the outside.

As he controlled his feelings – after all it had been years since the old geezer had died hadn’t it? – Naruto tentatively reached for the paper, relieved when the bird gave it up without a fight. It was wrapped in a tight scroll and after smoothing it out a couple of times he was able to make out the tiny words written in emerald ink.

Dear Sarutobi-kun,

Greetings. I hope this letter finds you in good health, and your village in excellent condition. I am well, as are Minerva and Filius. However, I did not write just to inform you of our wellbeing. You know that I would not send a letter unless it was something urgent.

He is back.

Lord Voldemort has returned; or did return three years ago. I apologize for not telling you this sooner Sarutobi-kun; I was much distracted at the time. However, he has returned and we are doing all in our power to stop him. But it is not enough.

I request two shinobi, Jounin or higher, to come to Hogwarts for its school year, ten months, September to June. Their duties would be to protect the students and help the professors if Death Eaters got inside the castle. I would not ask this of you Sarutobi-kun, except that all the guards of the castle have either died or joined the war force, and the students are in danger from attacks of Voldemort.

I also have to warn you, my comrade, of the threat to your village. Voldemort has spoken of a man by the name of Orochimaru, and has said he knows of the Hidden Villages. He is an enemy of your village and our contact in Voldemort's inner circle has told us his master's desire to crush Konoha as soon as the wizards have been defeated.

I am not sure of our success, Sarutobi, and I hope that you will help us. If we do not defeat him, he will come after you, and your people will be put in danger. He is powerful and dangerous. I give you warning.

There is money for an S-rank mission inside, as well as directions to The Three Broomsticks, a pub nearby Hogwarts. One of my people will be waiting there to meet your shinobi. Please have them arrive there by Midnight of the 30th.

Awaiting your response,
Albus Dumbledore
Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry


Naruto stared at the page before letting it drop to the ground and placing his head in his hands, all while resisting the urge to wail. Why did this have to happen today?! He was actually doing the paperwork, so why would the world punish him like this?! Letting out a groan of despair, Naruto took his head out of his hands and looked at the second piece of paper on his desk with depressed eyes. With a sigh, he picked it up and quickly scanned the elegant handwriting.

Remus Lupin will be waiting for you. He has sandy hair, pale blue eyes, and his skin will be pale. He may look a tad sick, and his robes will be patchy. He will be in the bar of The Three Broomsticks until Midnight. Hogwarts is located in Scotland. A carriage will take you across the Black Lake, and into the school. Thank you for your assistance.

Dumbledore
]]


Sighing Naruto scratched the back of his head. If this man, Voldie something, was a threat to their village............If helping the wizards would get rid of him...........Naruto counted in his head how many powerful shinobi he had that could take this job and came up with only one. All the rest of his men were on missions right now, especially all the Jounin and ANBU. The rest were guarding the village, and they were barely enough as it was. And no matter how skilled that teme was, he wouldn't be able to guard anything by himself for 10 months straight............Naruto let out a sigh. He could only see one solution, and it wasn't one he especially liked.

Looking down into the brown eyes of his subordinate and assistant Naruto ground his teeth and choked out, “Konohamaru, go get that teme Sasuke. I’ve gotta brief him on a new assignment.”

Naruto easily climbed down the tree and retrieved the white robe that marked him as a Hokage, as well as his pointed hat. Konohamaru gave him a raised eyebrow of curiosity (especially at the fact that Naruto was going back to work without a fight or sob fest) but shrugged and started to run back to the village. Uchiha Sasuke would probably be on guard duty right now, so it wouldn’t take long to find the tensai. While he ran the dark haired teen considered what kind of mission could make Naruto look like that while requesting to see his longtime rival and friend, and sent a troubled glance over his shoulder. He had no idea what was in that letter Naruto-sensei had received, but his instincts were telling him it was something big to make the carefree blonde look as if the world had ended. And his instincts were never wrong.

-UC-

Naruto fidgeted uncomfortably as he waited for Sasuke to arrive in his office; the room was stuffy and he could feel sweat pouring down his back. He resisted the urge to groan and instead glared at the large clock across from him, as if it was the cause of all his troubles.

“Did that clock do something to offend you, Hokage-sama?”

The blonde jumped nearly a foot in the air; he had been paying so much attention to his staring contest with his clock, that he hadn’t heard anyone enter his room. Quickly he turned to see Sasuke standing behind him, leaning against one of his windowsills, the window behind him open and letting cold air blow in.

The Uchiha hadn’t gone through as dramatic a change as Naruto; he was taller for sure, and maybe even a little paler. His hair was still spiky, but had deepened to a blue-blackish color. Obsidian eyes now always held a streak of crimson, as if in warning of what they could do, and his baggy shorts and blue top with the Uchiha fan on the back were missing; instead he was dressed in all black with a sword on his back and Kunai strapped around his thigh. His scratched headband was in place, keeping the long bangs out of Sasuke’s face. The Uchiha was still delicate looking and slender, but strong muscles could be clearly seen through his clothing which led no one to underestimate him (not that they would anyways). A white mask with a Raven's face engraved into it told of his ANBU status; however instead of being over his face, the black haired boy had placed it on the side of his head.

So, all in all, he was still the gorgeous Sasuke that girls squealed over.

Naruto scowled at his friend, “Next time use the door teme,” he pointed at said wooden door over his shoulder. “Now in front of the desk. I have a mission for ya, and you need to listen carefully.”

Sasuke merely raised an eyebrow (after all, Naruto rarely told him off for using the window as an entrance; the small blonde had done the same thing many a time while Tsunade and Sarutobi were Hokage) and moved swiftly in front of Naruto’s desk. He stood stiffly at attention, black eyes regarding the kitsune with utmost seriousness and indifference at the same time. This alone made Naruto fidgety; he rarely had Sasuke look at him like that; most of the time the black haired Uchiha was looking at him with indifference and sarcasm, even after he became Hokage.

“It’s an S-rank mission,” the blonde began uneasily. “You’ll be protecting the school of Albus Dumbledore, an old comrade of Sandaime-ojii-san. It’s a wizarding school, located in Scotland. There’s this guy, Voldie something or other, who the wizards are fighting, and they want us to protect their kids while they’re in the war. Dumbledore-san also mentioned that this guy might come after the Konoha if the wizards don’t destroy them, so this mission is now more important than it should be. Do you understand?”

Sasuke nodded quickly before asking, “And why couldn’t I have just gotten this mission the regular way? Why the personal briefing dobe?” He raised a silky black eyebrow in question.

Naruto sent him a wide grin before taking off his hat and stepping around his desk, “Because I’m coming with ya teme!”

NANI?!

Both boys winced at the loud shriek and turned towards the door, watching without surprise as Sakura tumbled inside. The pink haired Kunoichi glared at her previous teammates and placed her hands on her hips. The cold, furious look in her emerald eyes made both of the shinobi (even Sasuke who was the master of cold stares) shiver with involuntary terror.

“What are you talking about Naruto-baka?!” she asked, more harshly than she intended. “What do you mean you’re going with him?!”

Naruto raised an eyebrow, "Were you eavesdropping Sakura-chan?"

Sakura flushed, "Ano….."

Naruto gave a sigh, "I'll assume you heard everything then ne?" Sakura nodded quickly. "I'll get down to the point; every other Jounin and ANBU we have are on missions or protecting the village. I could wait until Neji or Fuzzy Eyebrows got back, but by then, Dumbledore may think we decided not to show up. I'd rather not take that chance. Sasuke is the only available ANBU, and he can't patrol a school day and night for 10 months. Plus I want to talk to this Dumbledore in person, find out who the hell this Voldemort crackpot is, and what he's after."

Naruto watched with slight guilt as Sakura’s eyes started to fill with tears. He knew she was thinking of when Sasuke left and never intended to return, and when he himself left her alone for two long years. The pink haired kounin's tears were making him feel uncomfortable so he opened his mouth, intending to say something meaningful and incisive to make her stop crying. However, Sasuke beat him to it.

“We’ll come back,” the Uchiha told her quietly. “Unlike the last time we left for that long.”

Sakura blinked in surprise; the tensai wasn’t usually one to offer comfort of any kind. But then she gave her friends and comrades a watery grin and nodded her head.

“Of course you will. Silly; I’m always the one to cry aren’t I? You leave tonight right?”

Naruto raised an eyebrow, “And how exactly would you know that Sakura-chan?” he asked suspiciously. Said suspicions heightened when he saw the guilty look on Sakura’s face.

She scuffed the ground with her shoe, “Ano…..I may have accidentally peeked at the letter on your desk from that Dumbledore person…..but I swear it was an accident! I was just cleaning up, and it was on the floor….”

Naruto sighed in affectionate exasperation, “You and Konohamaru were tearing apart my office again weren’t you? Well it can’t be helped. Sakura you’re the only other person to know the truth behind this situation; no one else can be told. Not Kakashi-sensei, not Iruka-sensei, not Fuzzy Eyebrows, and most definitely not any of our classmates. No one can know except for Tsunade, and only she will be informed because I need her to take care of Konoha for me while I'm gone. I'll let you know if I want someone to be told about this. Do you understand?”

Sakura nodded again and rubbed her arms, trying to get rid of the chill she felt growing inside her. They will come back, she chanted in her head, they won’t go away and leave me all alone again like last time..........They will come back, they will.

-UC-

Tsunade, Godaime Hokage of Konohagakure was very, very pissed off.

Now, for the most part, she was a mild mannered woman (3), but this was just outrageous. Her kitsune was leaving? For an entire year? To Scotland? That was plain ridiculous, especially since he had volunteered for this mission instead of being assigned to it.

She cast a disapproving eye over her young successor and said in a snippy tone, “If I had thought you’d abandon your duty this quickly, Naruto, I would never had nominated you to be our next Hokage.”

She wasn’t surprised at the spark of anger in the blonde’s eyes; after all she had insulted him. However she was surprised by the words that came out of his mouth in a low, furious tone.

“Tsunade-baa-baa, if you even think for one measly second that I am not doing all I can to protect this damn village then you don’t know me at all. If I thought this mission was not tied with the welfare of my village I would have left it to Sasuke-teme and be done with it. Don’t even start on me with my duty to Konoha; I’ve been loyal to this village ever since I was born and all through my childhood when they continued to spite me. This mission is higher than an S-rank; it is too important to leave alone, and I have to go. And that is final.”

She stared at him, shocked. When he was younger and she was still Godaime, Tsunade had seen some of Naruto’s serious side; the side he kept from people most of the time. It was this side as well as his cheerful personality and unnatural ability to ally with the most unlikely people that she nominated him to be the next Hokage when she handed in her resignation. But this was the first time, the very first time, that she had seen him this serious and stern.

And suddenly she was very afraid for her village.

Whatever could make Naruto this stern? There had never been any mission higher than an S-rank; only if it was a war mission. She quickly banished that thought from her head. She remembered previous war……and the faces of the two men she loved the most swam back into her head, making tears prickle in the back of her eyes. Shaking her hair out of her face she stared into Naruto’s eyes for several long, tense moments. He remained stern, his blue eyes lighter in color and colder than chips of ice. Then suddenly his facial features softened slightly and he sent her a small smile.

“Don’t worry Obaa-chan. I’ll be there to stop this,” he flashed a grin that looked suspiciously like a ‘Good Guy Pose’ smile. “And there’s Sasuke too,” he added in, almost as an afterthought.

That statement alone made Tsunade’s whole body relax and she felt a bubble of laughter spring in her throat. Of all the things to say she thought and of all the times to say it. After stopping herself (just barely) from laughing aloud a question occurred to her and she turned to Naruto.

"Did you talk about this to Goikenban?" she asked, staring suspiciously at her successor. The blonde's dislike of the advisory council was well known around Konoha, and she wouldn't put it past him to skip out on telling the elders.

Naruto gave her a guilty look that told her she had been right on the dot, "Ano…..No."

Tsunade's eyes narrowed at her kitsune, "When were you going to inform them you were going to be gone for ten months?"

Naruto rubbed his shoe against the ground and muttered something about a letter. Raising her eyes to the heavens, the medic-nin silently asked the gods why they would do this to her today. After not receiving an answer (why had she waited for one anyways?) Tsunade sighed and let another question on her mind roll off her tongue.

"Well never mind," she started. "But how do you suppose you're going to communicate with them brat? You don't speak English, or Scottish, or whatever they speak over there, and I doubt they speak Japanese."

He gave her a look before shrugging and waving his arms around helplessly, “I was just gonna wing it. You always have to make me think on plans Tsunade-baa-baa.”

He gave her a good-natured grin that she easily returned with one of her own smiles. However, that smile melted into a frown as she pondered how she could eliminate that stupid little language barrier. Then an idea came to her and Tsunade began to smile.

“Obaa-chan….” said Naruto cautiously. “You’re starting to scare me. What’s with that crazy look?”

However Tsunade just said, “Wait here,” and leaped away, heading towards her house. It only took a few moments (she was rather fast after all) and another ten minutes of quick rummaging through all of her junk to find the items she needed. Withholding the whoop of glee she dashed back to where Naruto was waiting, prize clutched tightly in her hand. Skidding to a stop in front of her kitsune Tsunade held up the items in her hand: two linking golden bracelets that were perfectly set without a scratch on them.

“Nani?” Naruto asked, obviously puzzled. “What’s with the bracelets Obaa-chan?”

Tsunade gave him a triumphant grin, “They’ll help you get rid of that idiotic language barrier. Ichidaime got them from some lord or another in the Sand. If you touch a person while wearing them you instantly adapt to their language and intake some of their vocabulary. It was very useful when negotiating with other countries. I found them while rummaging around in old Hokage crap and kept them because I thought they might come in handy. It seems I was correct.”

Naruto stared at her, open mouthed. They had that sort of thing locked up in storage?! What the hell?! It almost made him want to rummage through all of the crap in there, just to see if there was any other good stuff left. But, thinking of the mess he had seen last time he had entered the room with the storage stuff in it, Naruto quickly eliminated the idea with a grimace.

“T-thanks Tsunade-baa-baa,” he said, accepting the bracelets from her. “These’ll come in handy. Well, I have to go meet Sasuke so we can poof over to that Three Broomsticks place. I’ll come back every once in a while, but the soonest will probably be the day after tomorrow when that teme is on guard duty. You’ll take care of the village while I’m gone won’t you?” he looked at her with expectant and pleading eyes.

She sighed; she had never been able to resist those eyes, even before he was Hokage (besides the fact that had already been planning on doing what he asked).

“Yes, Naruto. I’ll make sure Konoha doesn’t fall into ruin while you’re away. Now, off with you, and tell that tensai if he doesn’t bring you back in one piece I will most certainly make sure he can’t make any Uchiha heirs. Got that?”

The blonde grinned and scampered away, waving a hand over his shoulder to her in farewell. Tsunade sighed with affectionate exasperation before yelling at his back.

“The same goes for you brat!!”

-UC-

Sasuke resisted the urge to stamp his foot as he waited impatiently for Naruto; what was taking that dobe so long?! He’s as bad as Kakashi the Uchiha decided after realizing it was a full hour after their agreed time. Trying to smother his frustration with the blonde Sasuke leaned against the wall of a nearby house, and let memories wash over him. It had been nearly three years since he had come back to Konoha, bleeding and at death’s door.

[[He stumbled and coughed up blood yet again. Resisting the urge to smile at his blood Sasuke continued on, his feet weary and sore after walking in such great pain. Dizziness and nausea were starting to make him falter and he stumbled several times over loose roots and stones. But he was close to the village, which meant he was close to Kakashi, close to Sakura and close to—

Naruto!

He knew that chakra! Eyes widening, Sasuke hastened his steps, heading in the direction of the enormous power he felt radiating in the trees. There was only one person with that much of the stuff, and it could only be his blonde dobe. He's probably training the Uchiha thought vaguely or fighting with someone.

As he moved Sasuke watched as everything around him grew hazy and distant. The only thing that remained was the feeling of Naruto’s chakra. Blindly the Uchiha followed that, hoping and praying he would find the idiot in time.

Stumbling over an unseen root Sasuke tripped onto the ground, sprawled on his stomach. Too tired and hurt to move the Uchiha merely considered what he had done in his life and closed his eyes. This was the end after all. It was only appropriate to close your eyes while you waited to die.

Just as the darkness started to close around his vision Sasuke had heard a very familiar voice shout out his name.........]]


“Sasuke!!”

Blinking the black haired shinobi straightened and turned towards his blonde Hokage, hoping the dobe wouldn’t notice he had been dreaming about old times. Naruto did notice, much to Sasuke’s annoyance, and a full grin was on the fox’s face before you could say ‘Ramen’.

“Who would have thought Uchiha Sasuke would be losing concentration on the job? Maybe you weren’t the best person for this mission….”

Sasuke growled, “I was not “losing concentration”! I was waiting for you, usuratonkachi; you’re getting as bad as Kakashi these days.”

Naruto stuck out a tongue at Sasuke, “At least I don’t use the sucky excuses; I’ve very proud to be a late person, unlike a certain pervert I could mention,” he grinned and then turned serious. “Well I hope whatever you were brooding about Sasu-chan,” the Uchiha flinched at his dreaded nickname, “wasn’t all that important, ‘cause we gotta keep our eye on the prize here. I was just talking to Tsunade, and she told me to tell ya.........”

Quickly he relayed Godaime's last statement to Sasuke and was rewarded to see the ANBU leader flinch at the mental picture in his mind. He mentally snickered at the horrified look on the Uchiha's face, and decidedly left out the older woman's last statement about the same thing applying to him.

“Oh and she also gave me these,” the blonde added, as if in afterthought. He held up the two bracelets. “They’ll help with the language barrier and stuff. We just need to touch one of those English guys and we’ll immediately know all that we need to know.”

Sasuke regarded the bracelet Naruto held out to him with curiosity. A magical bracelet that allowed you to learn a language immediately? Carefully he pulled it over one of his own slim wrists and watched the kitsune do the same.

“Now,” Naruto started, “shall we go?”

Sasuke nodded and the two shared a half smirk/grin before they placed their hands together in a seal and disappeared with a small ‘poof’, leaving only the silent night behind them.

(1). Oh how I envy them……
(2). Hey?! Why do you all looked so surprised?! Weren’t my clues obvious?!
(3). Tsunade? Mild mannered? Hahahahaha…….
(4). Okay, I’m not Japanese. I admit it. Since I’m not Japanese (actually I’m American), I’m not familiar with the Japanese Language. I know a couple of things here and there, but mostly I’m looking up these words. If I’m wrong please Email me or tell me in a review, because I hate being wrong.

Okay, I know I felt stupid when I read stories with Japanese stuff in 'em and I had no idea what they were saying. So! Welcome to the Idiot's Guide to the Japanese Language (sorta)! This'll be at the bottom of every chapter, so keep a lookout. (And no, I'm not insulting your intelligence or saying you can't understand Japanese. If you don't know Japanese, then this makes things a little easier. If you do, then just skip this).

The Idiot's Guide to the Japanese Language (sorta):

Ne: At the end of the sentence it's somethin' like 'correct' or 'right'.
Obaa-chan: A title used for people in their fifties and over. 'Grandmother', 'Old Lady'.
Tensai: Genius, prodigy ect.
Godaime: The Fifth
Rokudaime: The Sixth
Ichidaime: The First
-chan: Intimate title, usually used for children or added to the end of a close friend's name to make it sound cute.
Usuratonkachi: 'Moron of Morons'? Sasu's pet name for Naru
Kitsune: Fox
Nani: What?
-sama: Honorific: The equivalent in English is something like 'Lord' or 'Lady'
-kun: Usually added to boy's & men's name of close acquaintance
-san: Honorific: The equivalent would be something like Mr. Mrs. or Miss in English
Baka: Idiot, Moron, ect.
Dobe: Dead Last, another one of Sasu's pet names
-sensei: Title used for a teacher or mentor of sorts (same with just the regular sensei that isn't a title and is used without a name)
Shinobi: Ninja
Kunoichi: Female shinobi
Teme: Basterd, Naru's pet name for Sasu
Ano: A filler word; something like 'um' in English
Goikenban: Advisory Council; the council of elders that assist the Hokage with their superior knowledge.
Iryohan: Medical Unit; The medical unit whose membership is limited to medic-nins.

Jesus Christ that's a long guide….. Most of these are probably right; as I added in before, I'm not Japanese so I'm not very familiar with their language. Most of this is stuff I picked up from stories and anime. Next chapter to be released soon.