TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Unknown Lives by simplesonatina

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: And on we go to the story! Enjoy and please review!
“Jessica, we’re going to the restaurant tonight,” Jessica’s mom, Mrs. Martin, yelled at the door. She was a short woman with black hair, kind, loving, but strict, and definitely not one to be messed with.
Jessica didn’t answer. Her mom tried again, “Jessica, did you hear me?”

No answer.

Mrs. Martin opened the door. The room looked like a small tornado had gone through. Jessica sat one the bed, unmade with clothes and things strewn around it. She was reading a large book and listening to music with the headphone on -the reason for her quietness.

Jessica was fifteen, the youngest and shortest of the group of friends. Black to light brown hair went straight down her back. She had high cheekbones and her eyes were a light brown. She was one who sometimes had a temper, but would it go away quickly. Most of the time she was quiet but she had her loud and excited moments and was known for getting along with others well.

She didn’t realize her mom was in the room till she was right next to her. When Jessica noticed, she pushed pause on the CD player.
“Did you say something?”
Her mom stared at the floor, “Clean up your room, and we’re leaving for Seven Course Beef for dinner.”
Jessica groaned at the “clean your room” part, but brightened up, “hey! Can I bring a friend, or two, or three?”
“And who were you thinking of?”
“Oh, just Kati and James.” She looked hopefully at her mom who sighed and nodded.

Thirty minutes later, the Tarry’s van was trailing behind the Martin’s. Eleven people ended up going. Not just Jessica and James’s family went, but Kati, Aaron, and Michael. (Aaron and Michael were at James’s house at the time.)

During the forty-five minute drive, everyone talked about soccer while Michael and Jessica listened. They weren’t into soccer, but other sports. Jessica and Kati talked to each other later on. Kati was fifteen, the second oldest of the group. Average height, and had dirty blonde hair a little past the shoulders. She was a very pleasant person to be with, always full of joy, and a great friend.

Then there were the three boys, James, Aaron, and Michael. James was the third oldest, also age fifteen. He had short blonde hair, hazel eyes, and was the second tallest. Some said he was shy, but he really wasn’t if you knew him. He was funny, thoughtful, and really nice. Next was Aaron. Opposed to James with his blonde hair and hazel eyes, Aaron had dark brown hair and brown eyes that would laugh or smile at you. He and James were close friends and had similar personalities and interests.
Last was Michael. His hair was brown with a few streaks of blonde in it. He was the oldest, just turning sixteen. He was a very determined boy and had the spirit of a leader, though most people never saw it shine in him. Probably the things that stood out the most in his features were his eyes. They were a bluish gray, like ice. When he was angry, they would snap and glare at you.

Jessica cut off from a conversation with Kati about school, “Oh. We’re here!”

The first thing everyone noticed when they entered the restaurant were the fragrant aromas. Delicious ones of seasoned meat, coconuts that had been cracked open, noodles, and other things. The off white walls proudly displayed Asian décor. Almost every table was occupied with people, and there was a lot of talking. Not just in English, but in other colorful languages as well. A little marble Buddha sat in a corner with incense and fruit in front of it, as tradition in many places of its kind.

Unfortunately being a party of eleven, the group waited for a long time, somewhat impatient, before a table became available. By that time, everyone’s stomachs had been grinding and groaning for food. All the friends ended up sitting at one table and everyone else at the other. The food was a little plain for their taste during the first and second course of meat but when the third course came, things got a little more interesting. There was a little fire made and you cooked thin, round slices of meat in water, on top of the fire.

Jessica thought it was very amusing to see her friends try to pick up the meats with the chopsticks. The rest of them didn’t think it was really funny, especially Michael, who very slightly burned his fingers when he picked it up from his plate, and found it a little too hot. Then the next three courses came. The fourth was small round meat wrapped in some type of green leaves. The fifth was shaped similar, except there were no green leaves, but two holes poked into it, which, Jessica thought, made it resemble a pig snout. The sixth was hard to describe- a half circle dome of meat with certain spices in it. Aaron looked at Jessica, “What’s that?” as he pointed to one of them. She shrugged and picked up one of the fifth course with her chopsticks. The rest of them looked at the food. Jessica looked at them and waved her chopsticks at it,

“It doesn’t have poison in it. It’s actually not that bad.” Kati took her word for it and started eating. Aaron poked at the fourth course.
“James, whatcha think that green stuff is?”
James looked at it; “It looks like … seaweed.” They both said and grinned. Michael rolled his eyes, “You think we should start a conversation that includes us all?” Kati looked at him, then at Jessica who shrugged her shoulders and ate more of her food.
“Hey!” She suddenly exclaimed. The boys looked at her with startled expressions.
“What?”
“If you could have a power, what would it be?”
Everyone chewed on that question for a brief moment. Michael nodded toward her, “What would you have?”
“Um, the ability to control the element water… No, all of the elements… No… Fire.”
“Any time! Make your decision Jessica!” Aaron said, exasperated.
“Okay! Fire.” Jessica quickly said. She nudged James, “What would yours be?”
“Probably, to never get tired. Stamina.” “That’s one I’ve never heard before,” Michael remarked, “Mine would be like Jessica’s, just over water.”
Everybody looked at Kati, “Uh, I’m not sure what I’d be. Skip me.” Jessica looked at the last piece of meat and turned to Aaron, “Aaron…”
“Flying. Flying would be cool.”
She moved a plate over, “Actually, I was gonna ask if you wanted the last piece of meat, but thanks for telling us. So do you want it?” He looked at it. “That’s all right. There’s one more course, right?”
She nodded, “soup.”
During the soup, Kati plopped her spoon in the bowl, splashing and startling Michael,
“Oh! Oh, sorry Michael! I know what I would want to have!” Michael blinked at her and grabbed a napkin, “What?”
“The ability to talk to animals.”
“Hm,” Jessica thought, “that’s cute.” Kati chuckled, “I just think it’d be fun to pass by an animal and they’re like, ‘hi!’” They laughed.

After that, they stayed for about twenty more minutes before they left. By the time everyone separated into the car and van, it was 10:00 p.m.
Michael yawned, saying to no one in particular, “Gosh, I’m really tired.” In the car, Jessica put her head back on the soft seat and closed her eyes. Her mom looked back,
“Tired honey?” She nodded without looking.
“Just go ahead and sleep. We’ll get you up when we arrive home.”
“Hey, wake me up when we’re home, K?” Michael said to Kati as he got into a comfortable position. In a couple minutes, they were asleep.

“Michael, Jessica. We need your help.”

A whisper floated in the darkness of a dream. Michael and Jessica appeared next to each other in it.
“Whoa. Hello.”
“Hey.” Jessica looked around suddenly uneasy. “Um, what’s going on? Where’d everyone go?”