TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Choices by TenderWordsForgotten

[Reviews - 11]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Tender's corner: Hi guys! here's a fic that I'm going to be working on. I hope that some people like it. Now in this story; Sasuke and Sakura do no know about Kyuubi, and Naruto will be kinda secretive about alot of things.

This fic will be NaruSasu, so if you don't like it, then you really don't need to be reading it. So I don't want any flames saying anything about it!

Now without further ado, here is the story!

Disclamer: I don't own Naruto.
Chapter 1



September 18, XXXX


It was a chilly morning in the village of Konoha. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, shops were just starting to open, and bird began to start their morning melody. It seemed it was going to be a cheerful day for everyone!


Naruto Uzumaki had just woken up, and was exhausted. The clock read 6:50am...damn, he was going to be late.


'I seriously need to stop staying up so late...but what can I do? Its like as soon as the sun goes down...I get this sudden burst of energy, and no matter how many sleeping pills take, I just can't manage to fall asleep. This sucks.' and with that, he started his morning ritual. Showering, drying, brushing teeth, getting dressed, and walking towards Team 7 meeting spot.


As he walked outside, the sun's rays assaulted his tired eyes, leaving him temporarily blind. When they adjusted he could see the Hokage Mountain. Shodaime (1st), Nidaime (2nd), Sandaime (3rd), Yondaime (4th), and the most recent Godaime (5th). He was greeted with this sight every morning, and it warmed his soul some what. To think, that one day his face might be there. Now smiling, he, sluggishly, leaped from roof top to roof top.


His blond hair flowed in the wind wildly, as it bounced from his shoulders into the air, with every jump he took. His lithe body landed in the ground, just a few meters away from Team 7. Naruto stood about, a surprisingly, 6'0". He currently wore an orange, snug shirt, and slightly baggy blue jeans. To say that he was handsome was an understatement, he was HOT, but it wasn't his looks that captivated people the most...it was his eyes. They seemed to be able to grasp anything that dared to look into them. You were stuck in a never ending blue hue, and wouldn't be able to look away, well, that is until he looked away.


Naruto walked up to his teammates, with a tired smile on his face. Sasuke, glancing at Naruto, and nodded his head in acknowledgment. These two seemed to become closer over the years. They could be seen eating ramen at Ichiraku's, training, or simply just talking and enjoying each other’s company. 'Thats something that we haven't been able to do in a long while...my work load has increased over the past couple of months' Naruto smiled and looked over at the kunoichi of the group, who seemed to be having a one-sided conversation with Sasuke. Naruto sighed at this, 'After all these years, she STILL hasn't given up...poor Sasuke.' Naruto added at the end, with chuckle, decided to save his rival from all the bickering.


"Ohayo, Sakura-chan, how is your morning so far?" Naruto said, with a charming smile. He saw Sasuke breathe a sigh of relief, and chuckled again.


"Oh! Ohayo, Naruto. I didn't know you were here already." Sakura smiled, innocently, and then looking at the sun, she added after calculating the time, "You're a little late...How come?"


Smiling nervously, Naruto said, "Well, I've been really tired lately...I just can't seem to get up like I used to. I think it is just because I'm not getting enough sleep." Then sighing, the bags under his eyes were visible, clearly showing how exhausted he was. 'Three...two...one...'


Suddenly Sakura went into "Medic-Nin" mode, and stepped up to Naruto. "Not getting enough sleep? Why? What do you do during the day to get you so tired? Are you eating right? Your not living on ramen again, are you? You won't get the nutrition you need like that, and then you won't have enough energy to function! Have you been taking those supplement pills I gave you? How many a day?" She said, while looking and checking him over. He had expected this. Now days, she was like an older sister to him instead of a crush.


“Ne, Sakura-chan, its ok. All I need is some sleep...and I plan on getting it while we are waiting for Kakashi-sensei. So there is no need to worry." and with that, he dislodged her hands and walked over to a near by tree.


"No need to worry? No need to worry?!?!?!? Naruto you look like a walking zombie! How much sleep did you get last night?!" She said walking in front of him, a frown edged into her features.


"Ano...around 2 hours...then the night before...I think around 3 hours." Naruto replied with a thoughtful expression in his face, completely oblivious to his teammates gaping faces.


Sasuke, being very quiet through the whole ordeal, was speechless. 'How in the hell can this dobe continue to keep going with that many hours of sleep!? I go home tired everyday, and Naruto has a heavier work load, than I do! He looks like he about to drop any second now! Why haven't you been getting the sleep you need?' He was about to voice his question, but Sakura beat him to it.


"WHAT THE HELL?!?! THAT'S NOT EVEN EIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP!!! Why aren't you getting enough sleep!?!? You should be in bed!!!" Sakura exploded and latched onto Naruto's collar. She may have been around 5'7" but Sakura didn't need height to make herself intimidating, her strength was enough to make a grown man quiver in fear. This was something Naruto knew all too well, as she landed a series of punches.


"Itai!!! I don't know! Ouch~! I just can't seem to get any sleep! ITAI!!"


Sighing, Sasuke, pried Sakura's fingers from Naruto's shirt. "Hitting him isn't going to get him the sleep he needs, Sakura. He's a dobe "Teme!!" what did you expect?" Then looking at Naruto he asked, "Why haven't you told us that you weren't getting any sleep?"


"Ano..."


"No excuse, eh?" sigh, "You might be insomniac, you should go see Tsunade-sama. I'm sure she will give you something to help you sleep." ' You baka! You could have at least told me! Aren't I your best friend? Why do you make me worry about you!?!?'


Naruto stared at his rival for a moment, 'Did he just suggest something that will help me? It’s just like saying that he cares!!'


Smiling mischievously, Naruto then replied, "Awwww, Sasuke! Are you worried about me? I didn't know you cared!" and with that he pulled Sasuke into a bear hug, which was over the instant Sasuke punched Naruto.


Sasuke blushed faintly at being hugged and caught for worrying, "Tch, I don't know what you are talking about. I'm just worried about the team. I don't want to have to save your sorry ass, while we are on a mission." Sasuke said indifferently and looked the other way. Naruto chuckled, 'Wow, so the teme really does care...heh, I feel so special. I just wished that he would admit it once in a while. '


Sakura, despite still being worried about Naruto, giggled at this. 'It’s like watching two brothers teasing each other.' She thought with a warm smile.


Their bickering was put to a halt when, when their ever so late sensei, decide to show up with his infamous "pop"


"Yo."


"YOU'RE LATE!!!" Sakura and Naruto said purely on instinct, but then looked at him...then the sun again...he wasn't as late as he usually was.


"Maa maa, I have a good excuse this time. We just recently been given a mission."


Hearing this, the three chuunin quickly sobered up and listened.


"Our mission today is to escort a hime to the wind country, and don't worry she is actually very nice ...and very attractive." Kakashi added perversely.


Naruto and Sakura sighed while Sasuke did his inwardly...it was just like their sensei to say something like that.


"Oh! And before forget, Naruto she wants you to bring her to the gates when we leave." Kakashi said, disappointedly


Sasuke curiosity perked at this, "What? She requested Naruto? Thats never happened before. Why him?" he didn't mean to sound irked about it, he really wanted the dobe to get some sleep before the mission, not add more stress on him. But it seemed that no matter what happened, Naruto always had duties to tend to.


"Kakashi-sensei." Sakura spoke up too. "Naruto has been tired lately, why don't Sasuke-kun or I go to get her? As a Medic-nin, I'd like for him to rest up before the mission."


Kakashi's visible eyebrow rose at this. "Really now?" He then turned to Naruto, and examined him. No matter how much Naruto tried to act, he did look exhausted. Very.


"You do look tired Naruto...I'm sure that if I talk to her, that she will reconsider her choice. Why don't you go home and sleep?" He finished with a hint of concern in his eyes and waited for the boy's reply.


Naruto looked at all of his teammates with a blank look on his face, but on the inside he was thinking furiously. 'My friends are really worried about me. I would have never thought that they would have taken it this far...I mean, so what? I lost a few...Ok a lot of hours of sleep, but hey, I'm still standing, right? I'll be fine, all I have to do is go and get the hime, like she requested, and take her to the gates. Its not hard at all, matter of fact, it’s a piece of cake! I'll take it!'


His friends waited for the blonde’s answer....and they waited...they had thought that he had passed out on his feet with his eyes open, but that thought was quickly banished when a tired smile was placed on his lips and he replied, "Iie, it is alright. This should be easy. So trust me, I'll be fine...and plus she requested, so I don't want to turn her down. Heh, she must really think I'm handsome." he finished off, trying to reassure his teammates that everything would be ok.


Sasuke and Sakura were about to reject his idea, and tell him to go home to rest, when Kakashi interrupted, "Hmm...Well ok then Naruto. I'll leave it in you hands now, but you have at least six hours to sleep...its a little after seven o'clock, so by then you should be well rested." Kakashi patted him on the shoulder, and finished with, "Well, I will see you three then, JA!" Pop and he was gone, leaving Naruto to face Sakura's wrath and Sasuke's glares.


Laughing nervously, and putting his hands in front of him defensively, he backed up. "Oi, c'mon guys, everything will be ok, heh heh." He said as his teammates advanced on him.


"NARUTO!!!" Sakura yelled and pounced on him. Naruto, not having the energy to do anything, was left defenseless, while Sasuke watched.


After multiple punches and a couple of kicks, Sakura backed off and said, "NOW I WANT YOU TO GO TO BED AND GET SOME DAMN SLEEP! And if I find that you didn't, so kami help me, you won't wake up for around a week when I'm done with you!!! GOT IT?!?!?!"


Naruto whimpered pathetically, "Ossu."


"Ok then, Sasuke, could you make sure that Naruto gets home and in bed, please. I'm going over Ino's real quick, and then home to pack, so that i could spend some time with Tsunade-sensei. Ja ne!" and then Sakura, too, was gone. 'Home...It would be nice to have a family to come home to...even a friend would do. My apartment is just too quiet.' Naruto thought absently, but was then brought back by Sasuke's voice.


"Why did you have to go and accept, dobe "Teme!" you know your tired and now, your going to make yourself even more tired." Sasuke pulled Naruto off the ground and let him lean on his shoulder. 'You hide everything behind that damn smile of yours! What do you have to prove? We all know that you are strong, but its ok to admit that you are weak from time to time...*sigh* I just wish that I could do something for you. You've done so much for me...how can I ever repay you, Naruto?'

"Look, I don't know why you guys are so hell bent into getting me into bed! Yes I know, I look really tired, but it’s not like I do it on purpose! I'm tired during the day, but when night comes, I just can't go to sleep...I don't know how to explain it. Its like I get this huge burst of energy and I'm too awake to go to sleep." Naruto explained when they set off towards Naruto's place.


Sasuke looked at Naruto, as if he was an idiot, "If that’s the case, dobe, why didn't you tell Sakura or Kakashi anything? It would have saved you a lot of trouble." 'What are you hiding?'


Biting his lip, Naruto racked his brain for a suitable answer...but couldn't find one. His instincts were telling him not to say anything, in risk that something might slip. More or less, something about Kyuubi. It made him feel on edge, to even talk to Sasuke about it...and that was saying something.


Sasuke, seeing that Naruto was getting uncomfortable, backed off...for now. He knew he would get his answer later. He then stopped when they reached the front of Naruto's apartment complex. He then gave Naruto the look that said "if you don't go to sleep, I will do worst than what Sakura did". Naruto shuddered and nodded, letting his rival know that he understood, but then smiled a sincere smile. He was glad that his rival cared somewhat about him. He felt a small feeling of contentment spread throughout his stomach, as he waved goodbye and walked into the complex.

'I'll another bath, so that I can relax. Then I'll go to sleep, and pack for the mission. I just hope that I will be able to get some sleep while we are one this mission. The last thing I need is everybody worrying about me, and stressing me even more about it.' Naruto thought in a daze.


Naruto too dazed, that he didn't even hear the receptionist call for him. "OI! GAKI!! YOUR GOT MAIL!!! OI!!!"


Snapping his head up to look at him, he was greeted with an envelope smacking his forehead. It startled him...it was kind of the last thing he was expecting...but he knew he should have...the villagers weren't very fond of him anyway.


He bent down to pick the envelope. 'I wonder what it could be? I've never gotten a letter before...hmm...” It was a simple brown envelope...nothing unusual about it...he then looked at who had sent it to him...then gasped. He rubbed his eye frantically as if it would dispel the illusion...it didn't. Everything else in the world was blurred and slowed down as he read the words again:



To: Naruto Uzumaki


From: Kazehaya Uzumaki


'Uzu-Uzumaki? Who the? What the hell?!?!'