TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Himura Naruto by SubtleSerenity

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Okay, new story, worked out a few kinks with posting here, so it should be better than my last one. Yeah.

Yadda yadda, I don't own Naruto (or Thrice, damnit!!!) Who belongs to Kishimoto-sama (and Island Records, respectively).

ENJOY!!!!!
"You play your part well, Ruroni, but why do you hold back from this all? Why do you not act as though you will die? Is it... because, you know that, one day... soon... you will die, really?" The old man had a kindly expression on his face, the kind that you'd expect from a loving grandfather who was seeing his grandkids for the first time in a few months, someone who would cheerily greet all passers by. Not a psychotic kidnapper, which they seemed to have a problem with lately.

He didn't have an answer ready, but didn't really need one, truth to tell. Kaoru stared dumbly at them from a few yards away, the sedative this man had given her starting to wear off. This man had slipped in, put a sedative in their food while Kaoru was doing something else, and stolen Kaoru when they were dozing. He was the first one of them awake, and he opted to simply glare at the old man, who seemed to not mind at all.

"I am not who you think, or at least not what you think I am. I merely brought her here so that you would come, Himura-sama. Simple as that."

"This one believes you may be wrong, stranger. Just give Sessha Kaoru-dono, and we both can leave here unharmed."

"Oh, no, you mistake me, Himura-sma! I have no wish to harm Kaoru, nor did I wish to sedate her, but... she is very... loud, you see."

"Oh, that she is, that she is. Still, this one would wish her back, and soon, if you would not mind."

"But, I have not made my offer! You see, I am Keshi, the Sensei of Kyoto. I taught all the dojo Sensei's there, and many more besides, and... well, you see, I am getting on in years, and I would wish to test my skills, lax as they may have become, against the great Battosii, Kenshin-san. You see my reasoning?"

Kenshin's eyes remained narrowed, regarding Keshi. He couldn't be any younger than sixty, by the wrinkles that pervaded his face. He seemed to posess a katana similar to Kenshim's, which was the only surprising part about him. Besides that, the two were dressed similarly, although Keshi's hamaka was a deep blue. "Hai. But, this one wonders, what of Kaoru-dono? Sessha... does not wish to see her hurt."

"Oh, but of course she will go free, no matter the outcome. In fact, neither of us will use our blades to their true, deadly potential. I merely wished to face you before I died, which seems not far off. What do you say, Himura-sama?"

A pause from Kenshin. "Hai." With that small, lonely word, the duelists unsheathed their steel and began this dance of dark and death. Keshi's blade seemed remarkebly similar to Kenshin's, and they crossed blades on their respective dulled sides, sending sparks into the dry earth beneath their sandals. Keshi's strike was harder than Kenshin would have first given him credit for. So, he jumped back to a safer distance, pausing only a moment to heave a sigh. So, this was a strong opponent, not one to cross lightly.

And, so, the two becvame brothers, bound by the bonds of blood and battle, neither pausing, neither giving quarter nor asking for it, as it was not expected. Both had seen too much battle to expect it, at this point. Kenshin used the strength in his legs to propel him upward, until he had jumped to almost ten feet above Keshi. He rolled midair and dived down, point first, intending to surprise the man. He wasn't there. Using his momentum to aid him, Kenshin brought his blade to the fore, managing to block the strike that would have most likely broke his neck. As it was, he was propelled backwards to the ground, landing painfully on his side. He jumped right back up, sword held at the ready. Keshi mimicked his move, but instead rolled to the left, striking at his right side from the air. Kenshin blocked it easily and began some fluid sword work. Thus began a fight of hearing more than eyes, luck more than skill. Their swords, somehow, clashed everytime, at their blinding speed, only to strike again an instant later. Kenshin didn't give Keshi any breathing room, and Keshi did likewise. Kenshin jumped back after a minute more of this, seeing that it was going nowhere.

He was panting heavily, but Keshi seemed to have only taken a brisk walk. He smiled at the semi-Ruroni, who smiled back. "Sessha hasn't had such a spirited opponent in a long while."

"Nor I, boy, nor I... but I think that we two should finish this quickly, what say you?" He got into a stance that Kenshin had never seen before.

"Hai. This one agrees." Kenshin likewise set his feet, sword held at the ready. Suddenly, Keshi grabbed his sheath, which came easily into his hand. The old man shifted slightly, to accomadate the sudden second weapon. Kenshin noticed that it too had a guard an handle, making it an effective club, and he realized that their were iron bands spaced evenly around it, meaning it could block and strike easily. Indeed, a worthy opponent.

Kenshin stayed put, and let the old one charge him, which Keshi did. With unGodly speed, as well, easily matching Kenshin's own. Realizing that defense wouldn't work here, Kenshin dodged the initial strike, and blocked the second. The ruroni felt his Bottssai spirit fire up iinside, slitting his eyes even more.

Keshi smiled. "Ah, good! Now, we may begin!" And the two combatants clashed...

Then, it was over. Kenshin moaned as he hit the floor, clutching his bruised side in agony. He felt bruised ribs. Keshi sheathed his sword and placed his weapons back to his side. He bowed to Kenshin, then kneeled beside him. He felt the fallen warriors side, wincing as he felt the jagged points that the broken ribs left. "Not good... this one is too old to heal quickly enough. No telling what could happen... but, he can still be salvalged. Maybe... we'll see." He rolled up his sleeves, and his hands formed a seal. He plunged his two fore fingers through Kenshin's forehead, eliciting a wail of agony from the old battler. Keshi winced at the noise, and then more at the next one.

"KENSHIIIIINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!" Kaoru rushed at him, tears streaming down her face, prepared to fight this stranger with only her fists and anger. Sighing, Keshi used his free hand and snake striked her in the stomach. A quick fllow up of a palm to the nose and a punch to her knee, and she went down, gasping.

"Hmmm... this one is spirited... perhaps she could help this one in his quest... oh well, might as well, while I the strength." He made the same seal, and plunged his two fingers into Kaoru's skull, and she joined Kenshin in his screaming, addind a higher pitch to the cacaphony. Eventually, both died down to a mere wimper, and then silence. He retracted his fingers, sighing at the great weakness that pervaded him now. He slumped, and rested his hands on the hilt of his katana. Kami help them both, for he could not. He closed his eyes, smiling, as all three of their bodies started to fade away.

One to oblivion, and two to Hell, or as close as could be.

Kami help them.
***
He opened his eyes slowly, wincing at the too bright sun. He felt his side, amazed to find that it didn't even hurt. In fact, it felt better than ever before. Then, he noticed the bridge that they were on, rotted wood that was the only thing between him and the rushing waters beneath him. He heaved himself up, placing his hand over the hilt of his blade unconciously. Then, he saw Kaoru.

He rushed over to her, picking her up from the snow that she lay in. She moaned, and snuggled into his chest, earning a blush from the ruroni. "Ken...shin?"

He smiled thankfully. "Yes, Kaoru-dono, it is him. He is very thankful that you are alright."

"Sore, but thats... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?!?!?!!?!?" She slapped him, and hastily righted herself, pointing an acusing finger at Kenshin, who merely looked dumbly at her.

"Oro?"

"You... you're... young! Where's Kenshin?" She didn't seem about to murder him, which was a good sign... for now.

"This IS Kenshin, Kaoru-dono. Sasshin is here!"

"Look at yourself!" He walked over to a puddle that was nearby, gazing into the still waters there. He gasped, and ran a hand shakily over the smooth lines of his face. The scars from battle, the blood that accompanied them... where were they? All that remained was the cross-shaped scar on his cheek. He was... by his looks, only around twenty-five.

Kaoru's age. "He... does not know what has happenes to him, but... this is... amazing. This is Sasshin, Kaoru-dono, believe him. Please."

"I... guess that could be Kenshin when he was younger..."

"Please believe Sasshin! He remembers Sano, and Megumi, and Yahiko, and... and he remembers you, most of all. Kaoru... please..."

She blinked at him, surprised and downright happy. Then, she knocked him over as she glomped him, crying a little bit. Kenshin's ears picked up a low chuckle from the trees, and his head snapped to that direction. Kaoru's followed, and she gasped.

Standing there was a tall man, easily six foot, and lean and strong, carrying a gigantic sword, the Zanbato, all steel and long wood handle. "Sanosuke?" They asked in unision, causing the figure to chuckle as he stepped closer, revealing his face.

"Sorry to disappoint you... but I am Momochi Zabuza, the Demon of the Mists!!!!"





tbc