TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Wings of the Falcon by Jastra

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

This fic may get dark later on, but I'm not putting that for now. The SasuNaru parts won't be bad, but I put Yaoi anyway. I'm rating it 15 for now just in case. Thanks for reading.
The clan of the falcon. They were the most powerful clan in all of fire country. And like the others, they were driven from their home when wind country suddenly turned on them. The clan was made up of only twelve people, but each of them was quite powerful. The leaders were Inazuka Kiba and his wife, Inazuka Naomi. The other members were Hyuuga Neji, Hyuuga Hinata, Aburame Shino, Tenten, Haruno Sakura, Yamanaka Ino, Nara Shikamaru, Honami Keiji, Miki Tabito, and Kodama Chie. The most powerful of the group was Neji. One of their stronger members, Uzumaki Naruto, had just left, with no warning. They were still strong, but none of them could stand up against wind country, especially not when they had teamed up with the snake clan.

-

“This is an emergency!” Kiba called, running into his clan's main building.

Naomi, Ino, Sakura, Tabito, Neji, and Chie were all there.

“Wind country has turned against us! And the snake clan is helping them! Get the others! We have to flee!”

Without waiting for a second, everyone was off. Within a minute, all twelve of them met in the back of the main building. Naomi was standing with her and Kiba's child, Aki, in her arms. Everyone started to run. Naomi was slowed a bit by her child, but everyone was tired. They continued onwards, running as fast as they could until they reached their hideout. It was an underground home, but it was very comfortable. Kiba had sent Akamaru ahead to check for enemies. They arrived with no problem, and Keiji quickly covered the hole with leaves and made it nearly impossible to see. Inside the hideout was a year's supply of food for the whole clan, so they would probably be fine.

“We've made it,” Naomi sighed, letting Kiba take Aki. “I thought that Gaara would catch us. I'm surprised that even he's gone against us. Kiba, did you see Kankuro or Temari?”

“Yeah. They were attacking some of the other fire clans. They've gone against us, too. We're in great danger, especially in our current state,” Kiba answered. “Shino, come with me and keep watch for now. Everyone else, get some rest.”

Shino and Neji walked over to Kiba and everyone else went inside one of the six bedrooms. Two people had to sleep in one room. Keiji, Shikamaru, and Naomi were able to be alone for a while, because the person they would normally be in a room with was keeping watch. Naomi walked up to Kiba, her blue eyes scared for him.

“Kiba, I'll stay with you. Shino can go get some rest.”

“No, Naomi,” Kiba stated firmly. “You need rest. And someone needs to stay with Aki. You haven't been able to get much sleep because she's been keeping you up.”

“Kiba, I'm fine.”

“No, you're not. You look like you're about to faint.”

Naomi sighed and nodded. She walked into her room and placed Aki in the crib that was set up there. Aki was fast asleep within minutes. Naomi sat on the bed and eventually, she drifted to sleep.

-

The next morning, Naomi awoke and saw Kiba sleeping peacefully next to her. Aki was just awaking, and Naomi picked her up. She let Aki suckle her breast for a few minutes before Kiba woke up. Naomi was rocking Aki back to sleep as Kiba awoke.

“Did I wake you?” Naomi asked gently.

“No, it's fine. I'm sorry about last night. But you really needed to sleep. You wouldn't have made it through the hour. Tenten took your shift for you, so she was up for an extra hour last night.”

“Why didn't anyone wake me?”

“You had an excuse. Though you may not have fought with us yesterday, you still need sleep. You only gave birth three weeks ago and Aki's still keeping you up late. She's a baby; she cries a lot.”

“Last night she was quiet. I'll definitely be able to take my shift tonight. I'm gonna go get something to eat, you can go back to sleep.”

Kiba nodded and got back into bed. Naomi placed her sleeping baby back into the crib and walked into the kitchen. She stopped at the doorway, her eyes widening. Someone was in the kitchen. He turned around, slowly, and Naomi felt her lips curl into a smile.

“Naruto? Is that really you?” she asked.

“Naomi... It's me...” Naruto answered, turning around.

His face was blank. Naomi smiled even more widely and ran over to Naruto. She opened her arms to hug him, but was pushed away by an unbelievable force. Naomi fell to the ground. She looked up at Naruto. A red fire was surrounding his body, and his eyes were red.

“N-Naruto?”

“Don't tell anyone I was here!” he growled.

Naruto shook his head and with a quiet apology, left. Naomi lay there for a second before pushing herself up. His words ran in her head. She wouldn't tell anyone she had seen him, even though it could be vital information. She couldn't bring herself to break Naruto's wish so carelessly. Naomi brought some cereal out of the cabinet and poured it into a bowl. She poured in some milk and started to eat it. Halfway through the bowl, Tenten walked in and got some cereal for herself.

“Good morning, Naomi. I hope you got plenty of sleep last night.”

“Yeah. I'm sorry if I caused anyone trouble.”

“Naomi, don't worry about it. I'm fine with that. I'm used to working on only five hours of sleep; getting six is fine. And you need to take care of Aki. She's still a baby. She needs her mother to be near her. If you need me to take over again, it's fine.”

“Thanks, Tenten.”

“It's really not a problem. How have things been going with you and Kiba lately?”

“Fine. Why do you ask?”

“Just trying to think of something to talk about.”

“Honestly, I'm so scared that we'll be found. I want Aki and Kiba to be safe, but I'm not that strong. I can't take on Gaara! I can't even take on you!”

“Naomi, it's okay. You don't need to be that strong; we're all a team! We all use our powers together to become unbeatable. Yesterday we had to come here because we'd just gotten back from a big fight and none of us had the energy or chakra to fight. Don't put so much pressure on yourself. I'm scared, too. We're all scared. This is a pretty big thing. And without Naruto, it's even worse.”

Naomi nodded. “I'm gonna go into the living room. I need to think for a bit.”

Naomi washed out her bowl and walked into the living room. She sat down on one of the couches and thought. Naruto had come back. So suddenly. But why didn't he want Naomi to tell anyone? And what made him come back?