TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


To Have by JBMcDragon

[Reviews - 6]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: This is the sixth story in the Kiba/Shino series. It goes like this:
Mark
Important People
Noises
Discomfort
Meld
Names
To Have
All the stories are on this archive. :)
To Have 1/1

Kiba coughed up vomit, spitting the rest of it out of his mouth. He wiped his lips with the back of a trembling wrist. "I can't do this," he said hoarsely. "I just can't."

Hinata's small hand rubbed circles on his back, trying to be soothing but really just distracting. "It'll be fine, Kiba," she said, and he could almost hear the worry on her face.

"Everything will go wrong and it'll be *terrible,*" Kiba said, staring at his vomit slowly soaking into the forest floor.

"Things will be fine. And if they do go wrong, well, those are the best kinds of weddings. The ones everyone tells stories about and laughs over later."

At the word 'weddings,' his stomach tightened and nearly heaved again. He took deep breaths, trying to settle it. "I didn't mean the ceremony," he said finally, when he was sure he could speak. "I meant being *married.*"

Inuzuka didn't get married. *He'd* never expected to get married. Married to Shino, married to a woman--it didn't matter. It was all a nasty little cage, and after the ceremony everything would change. People *changed* when they got married.

It was all wrong.

"Kiba-kun, it's just pre-marital jitters. Everyone has them. Why don't you go see Shino? It'll make things better. Talk to him. I bet he's nervous, too."

Shino was never nervous about anything. Kiba decided to go see him anyway.

**

"Tell him I don't care," Shino said to the messenger, trying to figure out where *this* box should go. Kiba had ditched him after dropping off his belongings the day before, leaving Shino to get things settled into their new apartment before the wedding.

Tomorrow.

Gods, was it really only one more night that he'd officially be a bachelor? He rubbed his brow in a rare display of exhaustion and stress.

"But your father is concerned--"

"Tell him I *don't care*," Shino repeated, louder. What did it matter if they ran out of matches? People could light one candle off another. He stopped, looking past the messenger in his doorway to the figure trudging toward him, giant dog slinking along behind. Shoulders were hunched against the midday sun, hands shoved in heavy coat pockets. "Kiba!" he yelled, and nearly shoved his father's man aside. "Thank the gods! *Where* should I put this? You labeled it 'stuff.'" The Inuzuka didn't know how to pack.

Kiba shrugged negligently. "I guess there's stuff in it. Can't we just leave it in the main room?"

Shino looked blandly at Kiba--knowing he would feel it even behind Aburame reserve and dark glasses. "Sure. Where do you suggest?"

The main room was filled with boxes.

Kiba looked around and sighed.

The messenger--apparently realizing he was about to be soundly ignored--left, muttering under his breath. Shino soundly ignored him.

"What does it fucking matter?" Kiba muttered, skulking inside and glowering around.

Shino paused. He tugged the door closed, making his way around boxes until he could reach Kiba. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Kiba muttered. "Just--" he dragged his hands through an unruly mass of brown hair, then shook his head and stuffed them back in his pockets. "Nothing."

It was an awfully big nothing, Shino suspected. It wasn't like they weren't both under a great deal of stress, anyway. A wedding, two families constantly bickering, moving, and missions on top of it.

They got the five days after their wedding off--but that was about it.

"Hey," Shino said soothingly, "what's the matter?"

Kiba shrugged away from him. "It's nothing. Stupid. Nothing. Nevermind."

For a moment, it looked like Kiba was going to leave. Shino decided it was time for drastic measures. He caught the other man, tugging him close and into a kiss. Kiba didn't resist. Kiba never resisted kissing.

The body against him started to soften. He teased Kiba's mouth with his tongue, felt hands slide up his arms after a long hesitation. Shino broke the kiss, checking the area around them, watching for boxes. Then he started pushing.

Kiba fell back, trusting Shino to guide him and keep him from tripping. With light pressures of his hands, Shino did so, steering him toward the kitchen. There was at least *some* space there.

Kiba didn't protest. Shino's hands worked at the loops holding the bulky jacket closed, tugging here and there to make Kiba move around boxes. Around a wall, into the other room. He kept pushing until his boyfriend backed up against the center island and stopped.

"I want you," Shino murmured, mouth to mouth. He could practically hear the other man's heartbeat pick up.

"Now?" Kiba asked on a near-whimper. Shino's hands finally slid inside the coat, fingers skimming along mesh.

"Now. Later. I just always want you," he murmured, nosing against Kiba's jaw. The man's head tipped up, exposing the line of his throat, and Shino bit on a tendon none too gently. Muscles tensed and flexed under his hands. He lipped at warm, tanned skin, pushing back the jacket, sliding it down Kiba's arms and leaving it there so they were pinned. He let his lover work at getting it off while he stooped, sweeping his tongue over a dark nipple, then pausing to suck when it elicited a jump. Kiba whimpered and pushed against him, dragging at cloth in an attempt to get his coat off. Shino ignored it, sliding his hands down Kiba's waist, tucking his thumbs under the ninja blacks and feeling the swell of muscle leading downward.

"Damn it, Shino," Kiba muttered, still struggling with his coat. Shino smiled sadistically and pressed the other man harder against the island, hampering his movements further. Kiba didn't want to talk about what was wrong? That was all right. A little pushy sex, an orgasm, it would all help loosen the other man's tongue.

Kiba was nothing if not predictable. And Shino certainly didn't mind the sex. He licked a nipple, felt Kiba jump, and started to unhook the man's pants.

Kiba was already hard. Shino knew just how that felt. Kiba also wasn't wearing underwear, but Shino knew that, too. Two months without underwear, and just the thought of it still made him half-hard at the most inopportune of moments.

Luckily, this wasn't an inopportune moment.

He straightened, pressing in chest to chest. Kiba tried to move away from the counter, and Shino bit down on his collarbone in a silent reprimand. He pushed into Kiba with his body, checking him against the island. When his boyfriend began to object Shino ground his hips against the other man. He subsided with a heartfelt groan.

"I want you," Shino said again, breath tickling across the shell of Kiba's ear. Brown hair wisped around his face, skin warm against him.

"Oh, gods," Kiba whimpered.

Shino wrapped his fingers around Kiba's erection, sliding along silky flesh. Kiba's whole body tightened. Pressed against him, Shino could feel ridges of muscle tense. He licked at Kiba's ears, sucked on the lobes, nipped at his jaw. When Kiba tipped his head away, giving Shino access and baring his throat willingly, Shino bit down again--hard enough to leave a mark. Kiba hissed, hips pushing into Shino's hand. Shino stroked, too slow to bring the other man off, fast enough to tease. He felt Kiba's torso writhe, arms yanking on the jacket again.

"Fuck, Shino--fucking hell--"

"Exactly," Shino muttered. Sweat was starting to dampen Kiba's skin, pheromones swirling around them both. Kikaichuu hummed in the air, Shino's skin felt electrified, every pulse of Kiba against him like a mild shock making his flesh tremble. He rubbed his hips against Kiba's, felt the sparkle and rush of toe-curling lust coil in his stomach. He rubbed his thumb over the tip of the other man's cock, felt him groan. An arm thrashed, firmly caught in cloth.

Shino smirked. "Wanna fuck you," he said against Kiba's neck, sucking hard enough to bruise the dark skin.

Kiba nodded, still squirming with his jacket.

Shino stepped back reluctantly, glancing around the kitchen. They hadn't moved true essentials over to the apartment yet, so lube was still in their various bedrooms. But they had *food* things, and he knew there was oil somewhere--

A box labeled "cupboards-dry food" seemed promising. He yanked it open and found pots and pans. With a frustrated growl he yanked open the box labeled 'pots and pans' and found dry food and--someone loved him--oil. By the time he got it uncapped and had turned back, Kiba had *finally* struggled out of his jacket.

He was disheveled and flushed, trying to kick off his boots without actually bending over to untie them. Shino didn't wait.

"Now," he said, "I want you now," and pushed up against him, pressing the man's stomach against the island and shoving Kiba's pants downward. Tanned hands gripped the edges, knuckles white, and the mesh shirt stuck to his lover. Shino spilled oil down Kiba's lower back, watching it slide down the indent of his spine and between flesh. He yanked open his own pants with one hand, skin tingling as he brush against his cock. With the other hand he smeared oil downward, listening to Kiba's breath break as he pressed against the ring of muscle. He poured more oil just to be sure, and his finger slid in.

"Fuck," Kiba murmured, tensing.

"Relax," Shino said back, nipping at the muscles attaching neck and shoulder. He slipped another finger in, driving farther, knowing Kiba would say something if it were uncomfortable.

Gods, he just wanted *inside* the other man. *Now.* They didn't do this nearly often enough.

Kiba shuddered on every exhalation, muscles still too tight. Shino wriggled his fingers--he'd decided biology, and Kiba's biology in particular, was worth studying for this. It only took him a moment to find the prostate, to brush that little cluster of nerves.

"Holy fucking shit," Kiba whimpered, legs spreading a little wider--as wide as pants tangled around his knees would allow--and fingers flexing on the tile. "Shino--Shino--"

Fuck it all. He pulled his fingers out and pushed in with his cock, almost groaning at the feeling. He thrust all the way in, one smooth stroke, feeling Kiba tighten around him and listening to the man's broken-breath groan. In as deep as he could go, he paused and just waited a minute, giving Kiba time to get used to it. He bit down on the nape of the man's neck, leaving teeth marks, claiming Kiba as his.

His and his alone, and as terrifying as it was, they'd be married soon.

He didn't wait for Kiba to give him an okay; he started moving, slow at first, waiting to see if the Inuzuka would tell him to stop. Kiba thrust back though, every time Shino pushed forward. He grabbed the man's hips and guided them, picking up speed and power, pinning him against the kitchen island and fucking him there.

Kiba was vocal. Kiba was always vocal, and Shino was grateful for the embarrassed moment he'd had when Shikamaru had informed him he was only looking at places with good soundproofing.

Shino flattened himself against Kiba, driving with his hips, pressing into the strong back and trying to think about nothing but warm and tight and oh so good the way skin slid against skin. He was never ever ever going to let them run out of cooking oil.

"Oh, gods," he groaned, thrusting in once more and feeling his body tighten and pull. He knew he was done, and reached around to stroke Kiba, knowing he'd been hitting the prostate and it wouldn't take his lover--his *fiancé*--much, either. Silky skin between his fingers, and Kiba's body tightened with a curse and a cry, squeezing Shino's cock. Shino let his oath be washed away under Kiba's whimpering, feeling release prickle through him, dancing down his legs and up his stomach, sparking behind his eyes. His whole body tightened in a single long pull, and he emptied himself into the body before him.

The world could end, and Shino would die happy. Kiba was shaking, breathing hard, leaning on the counter. Shino leaned on him, smelling damp male skin and sex-musk. They both took a minute to just breathe, relaxing in the aftermath of fast sex.

Shino loved fast sex. Slow sex was good, too. Hell, any sex with Kiba was generally phenomenal. Eventually, though, he moved away, pulling out slowly. Kiba whimpered at that, and Shino took a voyeuristic moment to just look at his half-dressed boyfriend, still oil-slick. He rubbed a thumb over shiny skin, leaving a streak, then slid in and felt liquid between flesh. He dragged it under and down the backside of Kiba's testicles. Kiba hissed and shifted, away or into the touch, Shino couldn't tell. "Stay here," he murmured, dropping a kiss on Kiba's shoulder. Then he left the room.

The box with blankets he'd labeled himself, and even knew where it was. He opened it, pulled out one of Kiba's heavy animal-hide covers, and dragged it into the kitchen.

Kiba'd kicked off his boots and was stripping out of newly-dirty clothing, leaving it in a damp heap on the kitchen floor. Shino followed suit, then caught the other man up with an arm around his waist, tugging him close and then down to the floor. He wrapped them both in the blanket, spooning around Kiba's spine when the man lay on his side.

The strain was already creeping back into Kiba's expression, a darkness lurking in slit-pupil eyes. Shino propped himself up on one elbow, stroking his lover's arm with his free hand. He ran his fingers through shaggy hair, kissed Kiba's shoulder and neck, nuzzling against the man's ear. He felt more than heard Kiba sigh and relax.

"What's wrong?" Shino asked quietly, gauging the other man's mood.

Kiba was silent for a moment. Shino knew it had to be important, if Kiba was phrasing his thoughts.

"I guess I'm just nervous," Kiba said finally, staring out across the room. "I mean, marriage, you know?"

Shino smiled, relieved. "Yeah. Me too. I don't even know what toothpaste you use."

Kiba laughed and glanced up, then away again. Shino sobered. Maybe it was more serious than just that.

"What if we don't work out?" Kiba asked at length.

Shino rubbed a hand over well-muscled ribs, feeling the rise and swell of Kiba's abdomen. There was nothing sexier than his boyfriend, well-fucked and sated. "We'll work it out." He didn't have any other answers.

"Yeah," Kiba mumbled. "It's just scary. I just--I feel--" he stopped and sighed heavily. "It's stupid."

"What?" Shino kissed Kiba's shoulder again.

"I just feel so . . . so . . ."

Shino's heart sank. "Trapped?" he asked softly, hoping against hope that Kiba would say no. He couldn't fix that. He couldn't make Kiba feel less trapped.

"Yeah," Kiba murmured. "Trapped."

Shino used years of training to keep the wince out of his body. "It's just like before. Only now we'll be married."

"But it's not like before," Kiba said quickly. "People change when they get married, and--and--you'll expect me home and I'll expect you home and if I get back from a mission and go drinking with the guys first you'll get worried and then get angry and--"

"Kiba," Shino interrupted quietly. "It'll be okay. I promise, I'll try not to expect more than I already do. Okay?" He couldn't think of anything else that might help. He'd offer Kiba separate apartments, if he thought it would make the man feel better.

He'd offer Kiba the village if it would make the man happy.

"'M scared," Kiba mumbled, twisting until he lay on his back, far hand lifting to drift fingers along Shino's arm. He wouldn't look Shino in the face, but kept his eyes downward.

"It'll be okay," Shino responded. Kiba didn't look up, but watched his hand trace a pattern from one little scar to the next. "Hey," Shino said, reaching down and tipping Kiba's chin until he caught handsome dark eyes. "It'll be okay."

Kiba nodded wordlessly. "You scared?"

Shino paused, wondering which would be better--the truth, or a self-assured front. He opted for the truth. "Terrified."

Kiba's eyes caught his again, and held this time. "Yeah?" he asked with a wobbly smile.

Shino relaxed a little. He'd answered correctly. "Yeah." He leaned down and kissed the other man carefully, a soft brush of lips against lips. "Just think of it as living together, okay?"

Kiba nodded. "I can do that."

Shino relaxed a little more. He knew Kiba had been having problems with this whole marriage thing. He'd never really realized what a commitment-phobe Kiba was--but then, the Inuzuka didn't mate for life. Not often.

He brushed a kiss across Kiba's lips again. "It'll be fine," he murmured. To himself or to Kiba, he wasn't sure.

**

Tsume brushed at her son's kimono, tsking at the silly formality of it all. The Aburame were such *stuffed shirts.* Everything had to be perfect; perfect temple, perfect incense, perfect priests, perfect *everything.* It was all so pompous.

She glanced up into her son's face--and when had he become taller than she was?--and realized her attitude wasn't helping. Kiba looked half panicky.

He tugged at his sleeves. "Do I look really dumb?" he asked plaintively.

Tsume took his face in her hands. "You look terribly handsome. Shino's lucky."

Kiba gave her a wobbly smile. "Ma--" he began quietly.

The bells rang.

Kiba flinched and glared upward.

"Come on," Tsume said, giving the folds of cloth one last tug. "You know how paranoid that man is about this. We'd better be on time." She led the way out of the little room they'd been given for changing. The smell of incense hit her sensitive nose almost immediately. By the door her dog and Akamaru rose to their paws. Both were silent, solemn, feeling the atmosphere of their human companions. Kiba scratched behind Akamaru's ears.

"Kiba," Hana said, standing in the doorway to the temple proper. She smiled and held her hand out. "You okay?"

Tsume watched as her son nodded, offering his sister a smile. Hana's dog unfolded from her feet, and the three wolf-hybrids padded with Kiba--one on either side, and one leading the way protectively--through the door.

When Tsume rounded the corner after her children, she saw the Aburame clan head--Shino's father--glaring at the animals. But no one came between the pack, and they were lending their support.

The temple was full of Inuzuka and Amburame, the funny scent of bugs mixing with the earthy smell of dogs. And more dogs came from the aisles, those of Kiba's cousins and friends, those who knew him. They paced silent and deadly up the center, swirled around the podium, and waited.

Shino and Kiba approached together, leaving Tsume and Shino's father, Shibi, at the end. The dogs moved and shifted, a living tide of protection and family. They twisted and edged around Shino and Kiba, beginning to nose between them. There were hisses from human companions and several of the dogs broke away. One growled, low in his throat at Shino, and Akamaru bullied it off. Then only the three were left again; Akamaru, Tsume's, and Hana's. They settled in a semi-circle around the three humans, solemn and quiet. Kiba, Shino, and the priest didn't seem to notice.

Tsume took a deep, settling breath, and took her seat.

**

Kiba was pale. Halfway through the ceremony Shino took the other man's hand as subtly as he could, and heard chuckles from the people behind him. Not as subtly as he'd hoped, then. Kiba didn't seem to care; he shot Shino a grateful look, and his grip tightened. Shino rubbed his thumb over rough knuckles, concerned over the chill he felt in Kiba's skin. He broke protocol and looked at the Inuzuka openly, waiting until he'd caught Kiba's gaze and then holding it.

Kiba watched him like he was a lifeline, panic and relief swirling in a heady mix. Shino just held Kiba's eyes, remembering the first mission they'd been sent on--the first one nearly over their heads. The fear he'd seen Kiba battling, and the way he'd talked the then-boy through it.

He put all those words, all that assurance, into his gaze now and felt Kiba respond. He rubbed his thumb over rough knuckles again.

The ceremony passed in a blur. They lit candles, and the glow increased as those in the temple followed suit. More incense was lit. Shino just held his lover's gaze, willing him to remain. They read vows, repeating the formal words after the priest at his prompt. There was a moment of panic when the priest asked for the rings, until Shino's cousin, Yukio, remembered he had them and brought them forward.

Shino took Kiba's and just held it for a moment. A plain silver band, engraved with the Konoha leaf, enclosed by kikaichuu, protected by fangs. He swallowed and caught Kiba's gaze again. "You," he said softly, for Kiba's hearing only, "are the most incredible thing that's ever happened to me."

Kiba's eyes widened. He stared as Shino slipped the ring on Kiba's finger, over ragged nails and calluses. He didn't break the gaze.

Kiba smiled slowly. He took Shino's ring, eyes dropping finally. He stepped close, bringing their bodies improperly together, holding Shino's hand and sliding the ring on. "I love you," he whispered softly.

Shino knew he was grinning like an idiot. He couldn't help himself. The ring caught on a broken and badly healed knuckle, and he couldn't even bring himself to mind. Laughter ran around the room like liquid as the two of them worked it on, Kiba's shoulders shaking with mirth. It wasn't that funny, really, but the stress levels were high. Better to laugh than run.

Then Kiba looked up, rubbing at his eyes with one sleeve-covered hand. Suddenly, Shino couldn't breathe.

"Shared blood, forever travel the same path," the priest intoned, "and know that when one must go, as ninja sometimes do, you will wait for the other to join you."

There was brief pain, a small cut on his lower lip, on Kiba's lower lip.

"Join your blood and become one," the priest said, stepping back.

He didn't care if it was proper; Shino didn't even wait for the man to stop speaking before he pulled Kiba in, kissing him soundly.

In the moment before the Inuzuka clan started whooping hollers, Shino heard uncomfortable laughter from the Aburame. He didn't care about either one. He cared about Kiba's blood on his tongue, and the way his lover--his *husband*--responded to the kiss. He cared about the fear-cold skin in his hands, and the wet eyes, and the way Kiba opened his mouth willingly for Shino's tongue.

The cheering was a roar in his ears, competing with the blood pounding from his heart. It was at once the most terrifying and the most exhilarating thing he'd ever felt. The hum of kikaichuu underlay it all, making the floor vibrate. Dogs howled and barked, and he felt Akamaru dancing around them both, nipping at Tsume and Hana's dogs in excitement.

He ignored all that, too, and focused on Kiba's arms sliding around him, pulling him closer closer closer.

Tsume's bellow was impossible to ignore, though. "*Breathe*, boys! Save some smooching for the reception!"

**

The reception was being held in the Inuzuka compound, since the wedding itself--and a short time after set aside for pictures and whatnot--was done under Aburame guidelines.

Shino's father went, as did a few of his close relatives. The staunchier people, Shino was relieved to see, didn't even attempt it.

"This way, kiddo," Tsume said, grabbing his sleeve and hauling he and Kiba into Kiba's--Kiba's old--canvas home.

"Strip," Tsume said briskly.

Shino stared at her. "Uh," he began. Tsume was bold, but this was unusual even for her. He really hoped it wasn't some strange Inuzuka mating ritual that Kiba hadn't warned him about.

Tsume just smiled dryly, crossing her arms under her breasts. "Relax, kid. We've never had an outsider join the clan. We're taking some extra measures to help the mutts understand."

As if seconding her words, Tsume's dog stuffed its nose into Shino's crotch. He yelped and jumped away amid laughter between his boyf--husband, he corrected with a flush, and his mother-in-law.

Tsume walked over and began to tug at his formal kimono, undoing ties with terrifying efficiency. Before he knew it he was stripped down to his underthings, trying not to be embarrassed. It wasn't like Tsume hadn't seen it all before.

"Put this on," she said, tossing ninja black pants and a mesh shirt at him. A tightening in his stomach and groin at the scent told him in no uncertain terms that it was Kiba's.

Or maybe it was because Kiba was stripping in one corner.

"And you put this on," Tsume said, and tossed a familiar coat at her son.

"I don't get it," Shino said, pulling Kiba's mesh shirt on while Kiba donned Shino's favorite coat. The shirt Shino struggled into was too tight, but that was the brilliance of ninja mesh; it stretched.

It also exposed every kikaichuu scar he had. He watched with envy as Kiba shrugged into his jacket, and twitched his lips out of a smile when he caught the other man furtively rubbing his chin against the collar.

"It'll make you smell like an Inuzuka, and Kiba smell like you. Just trust me," Tsume said. "Your dad brought us your jacket." She lifted the flap that served as a doorway, stepping aside and waiting for them to leave.

Shino froze. He felt naked, worse than exposed, despite the fact that the sun was rapidly setting behind the trees. Everyone could see his every scar--all the millions of them.

Aburame didn't go outside uncovered.

"Here," Kiba said softly, pushing a blanket at him. "It smells like me, too."

Shino looked at it, feeling silly wrapped up in a blanket when the night was warm. Then he thought about going out there in a mesh shirt, and took the cover. "Thanks."

Bonfires were already being lit all over the grounds. He could see bits of light flickering through the trees, and three men crowded around the nearest fire, trying to get it bigger.

"No, no, like this!" one of them said, shouldering another out of the way.

"Don't be stupid. You just--"

"It needs more wood. More wood. MORE WOOD!"

Shino smiled wryly and turned away from them. They'd figure it out. Considering they'd spent their whole lives around fire, it always amazed him how many forgot what to do.

"What's this?" a deep, reserved voice said from one side.

Shino turned and saw his father. He shifted the blanket uncomfortably, suddenly even more aware of his uncovered face. "To get the dogs used to my smell," he said calmly, trying not to let his discomfort show.

His father said nothing.

Kiba appeared on his other side, the handsome, carefully groomed man from the wedding transformed into something half wild and free. Shino's jacket was too big on him--Shino was both taller and broader--and he was shirtless underneath it. Ninja black pants hung off his hips rather precariously, and Shino had one of those inopportune moments where he remembered Kiba didn't wear underwear.

He looked away quickly.

"We have to dance," Kiba said, leaning his chin on Shino's shoulder.

"What?" Shino asked, turning. "Dance?"

"Yeah. My mom says it’s a wedding thing. We have to dance."

Shino hesitated. "What kind of dancing?" His answer drifted across the twilight air; soft music played by half a dozen Inuzuka.

Kiba rolled his eyes. "Slow dancing, I guess."

Shino glanced back at his father, excusing himself wordlessly, and then with butterflies in his stomach he felt Kiba tangle their fingers together and tug him into an open space.

There was a more than awkward moment when they stood there, staring at each other. Shino started to put his hands on Kiba's waist, but the blanket was in the way, and Kiba was trying to put his hands on *Shino's* waist--

"Just because you fuck me," Kiba growled, "doesn't mean I'm the girl."

"Okay, okay," Shino said quickly, trying to figure out how they where going to work this. Finally, he grabbed the edges of the blanket and wrapped his hands around Kiba's neck, engulfing them both in the warmth.

Kiba just laughed and stepped close, linking his hands behind Shino's spine. "That works," he said, grinning. Canines gleamed in the growing firelight, brown hair burnished copper as the sun finally vanished.

Shino knew how to dance. With women. Years of formal dance lessons had drilled his feet into moving at the proper speed with the proper steps.

He felt a little out of his element, half naked under a blanket with too many eyes to count on him, shuffling to a melody he didn't know with a partner who knew how to bump and grind and that was about it.

He was marginally relieved to see Kiba apparently felt the same way.

Shino was about to claim a sore toe--well, not really, but he was fantasizing about claiming a sore toe--when other couples started to dance.

"Thank the gods," Kiba murmured, and stepped away. "I'm killing for food. You want food?"

Shino just nodded, following his lov--husband away from the dance area. Husband. That was a new one.

Their names wouldn't change, that much had been decided. Since Kiba was not and would never be an Aburame--thank the gods--and Shino was not and would never be an Inuzuka--thank more gods--they were simply going to keep their names as they were.

Food had been set out on great tables dragged from the recesses of the Inuzuka compound. Soups bubbled over fires, meat roasted, vegetables wrapped in wet cloth cooked on stone. Everything seemed to be coming together smoothly.

"I thought the Inuzuka didn't get married," Shino said, glancing around.

"We don't," Kiba answered, tearing a bit of chicken off a bone.

"This all looks awfully rehearsed." Everyone seemed to know just where to go and what to do.

"We have parties like this for any children born. We stay in practice," Kiba said with a wicked grin.

Shino thought about that, peering down at a dog that likely weighed as much as he did. It stared back out of blue eyes, then lifted its nose--and howled.

The other dogs picked it up, and suddenly the forest was echoing with unearthly howling and human laughter.

Kiba cleared his throat, pointedly not looking at Shino. "Um. Want a drink?" he asked, pitching his voice to be heard over the cacophony.

"Sure," Shino said uncertainly. Everyone was looking at them. The musicians had stopped playing. The noise continued.

Kiba poured a glass of red wine, yanked the top off a beer, handed the glass to Shino and said, "Do this." He linked his arm around Shino's and took a long chug of beer.

Awkwardly, Shino sipped his wine. He'd barely swallowed when Kiba turned to him and kissed him--nothing passionate, just a brush of lips over lips.

Everyone cheered.

Shino blinked, realizing he'd just been bamboozled into one of those stupid wedding traditions his father said were beneath the Aburame. "How do you have traditions," he said slowly, "if you never get married?"

"Parents of the kids," Kiba answered with a shrug. "They may not marry, but there's a whole night of partying, and the parents agree to be bound together to support the child--whether or not they actually live together." He smiled ruefully. "I guess I should've warned you about this."

Shino gave Kiba a weak glare. "It would have been nice."

"Come on, Shino-kun," Tsume said, appearing at his elbow and yanking on his arm. "Come dance with me."

Shino-kun? He couldn't remember the last time someone had called him Shino-kun. Well, someone other than Hinata.

He glanced up at Kiba and realized the other man had been dragged to the dance floor by his sister.

"Having fun?" Tsume asked him as the music picked up.

"Uh--"

"You will. You just need to drink more." Tsume grinned and winked. "And trust me, you'll be doing more of that, too!"

**

The world was spinning. His father was being accosted by two women. The dogs kept tripping him up. But Kiba was laughing, so things were good.

He'd never had so much to drink in his LIFE, and his blanket had gone missing, and somehow he just didn't care that his father wouldn’t approve or that the firelight caught and gleamed against each and every kikaichuu scar.

"Dance!" Kiba laughed, grabbing him by the wrist and tugging him into a mass of smelly, writhing bodies with entirely too much muscle and fur. Someone took up the Howl, as Shino had started to think of it, and he and Kiba obediently linked, drank, and kissed.

It was getting significantly more difficult. He was glad mesh shirts didn't stain easily, because he had more wine ON him than IN him anymore. Kiba spun him in a whirling stomping dance, and he just went with it, staggering along behind and doing his best not to fall over. He knew his bugs were scattered, as drunk off him as he was off wine, but he wasn't worried about them. Not too much, anyway.

"Water," he gasped on a laugh, and fought his way free of the crowd. He staggered to the tables, lit with torches now set in--things that didn't fall over. He wasn't eloquent when drunk, and he was definitely drunk.

Sooooo drunk.

Shino fell into a chair next to a woman laughing--at him, obviously--and smiled sloppily at her.

She took his glasses and smooched his nose. Shino just looked at her, befuddled.

"You're too cute, little brother."

Little brother? He squinted. Hana--Kiba's older sister.

"Look," she said, gesturing to the ground. "The dogs like you."

He glanced over--or thought he did, but nearly fell in the process--and saw that, indeed, five dogs were happily sniffing his Kiba-scented pants. "That's nice," he said, and patted one of them. The dogs had spent most of the night trying to separate him and Kiba, though that seemed to have settled somewhat in the last few hours.

Or maybe he was too drunk to notice.

"Hey, handsome," Kiba said, dropping heavily into his lap. "Your coat is so fucking hot."

Shino grinned and adjusted it on Kiba. "Looks good on you."

"Hot."

"You wear fur," Shino felt the need to point out cheerily. "What are you complaining about?"

"Hot. Gimme that." Kiba nodded toward the table.

Shino reached around Kiba, whose arms were locked around his neck, and grabbed some kind of meat off a platter. He took a bite, and gave the other bite to his lover. Husband. He grinned.

The Howl started up again. With a groan he drank MORE--Kiba's beer this time, as his wine seemed to have gone missing. It didn't taste so bad when his tastebuds were half dead from alcohol poisoning.

Then he kissed Kiba *very* thoroughly, tongue and all.

"Soooo need to fuck," Kiba murmured against Shino's mouth.

Shino smiled slowly. The world was still spinning lazily around him. "Yeah."

"Kiba! Kiba! Dance me! Dance me!" a child sang, grabbing hold of the too-big jacket and tugging.

Kiba groaned but got to his feet, giving Shino one quick grin before vanishing into the crowd. Shino sighed and watched him go, trying not to think about fucking.

That way led to hard ons, and hard ons were embarrassing in the middle of everyone and without even his jacket to hide it.

"Shino."

He yanked to attention, staggering up to his feet to face his father.

The man smiled slightly; no more than a shift of skin above his high collar, but Shino knew what it was.

"I'm headed home. Congratulations."

Shino grinned widely and bowed too low, nearly falling over in the process. By the time he'd righted himself, his father had gone.

The stars winked through tree branches, the moon pale and full. A dog circled his legs and nudged at him, then another one joined it.

A third came up, and he staggered to one side when it nudged a little too hard. A fourth appeared. A fifth. They pushed and surged around him, making him move while helping him stay upright. A particularly big dog caught him when he tripped on nothing and almost fell. He kept his hand fisted in its fur as the others seemed to melt from shadows and out of the crowd, yipping and barking and starting to howl again. Then the hybrids had pushed the people aside, and he saw another half dozen dogs led by Akamaru coming toward him, Kiba corralled.

The people cheered and laughed and Shino caught Kiba in a half-embrace, nearly falling under the crush of furry animals.

"What--?" he managed, head tucked close to Kiba's.

Kiba pushed into him, propping each other up. "The pack accepts us," he said on a giggle. "Hooray for us!" He drank beer, offered the bottle to Shino.

Shino shook his head and pushed it away. "Water."

Kiba pointed back toward the table, where Shino had been sitting a moment before. Shino gave Kiba another kiss, then started toward the water--only to be stopped by a tide of dog.

Kiba was laughing. "First, they wanted us separate, now they want us together," he said, falling away and then braced up by a red wolf-thing. "Stupid mutts." He cuffed one affectionately. It ducked out of range and snapped back, tongue lolling happily.

Shino grabbed Kiba by the oversized coat. "Water," he said again, and dragged the Inuzuka *with* him to the table.

That, the dogs allowed.

**

Kiba woke with a massive hangover in a bed that most definitely wasn't his usual pile of blankets and pillows. It wasn't his nest. It was more like . . . a futon.

He whimpered and closed his eyes.

"You up?"

He cracked one eye and looked at Shino, pale even for Aburame standards and more than a little ashen.

"Tell me this passes," Shino croaked. "Soon." Slowly, he lowered himself to the edge of the futon. He was wearing black slacks and nothing else, and yet Kiba couldn’t manage more than a half-lustful thought. Bits of the evening before were coming back to him.

Large chunks were still missing.

"How did we get back here?" Kiba asked, a second look around the bedroom showing boxes scattered haphazardly across the floor of their new apartment.

"I don't know," Shino groaned, head in his hands. "I can't remember anything after that damn hunt for my jacket . . . did we find my jacket?"

"I just stuffed it up a tree," Kiba said, yawning and stretching. It wasn't as comfortable as his nest, but it would do. "Oh, man. I need coffee."

"Coffee?" Shino asked on a whimper.

"Coffee," Kiba said firmly. "Hot coffee, a shower as cold as you can stand it, and then some painkillers. It'll help."

Shino pushed to his feet, dragging on a jacket that wasn't his normal one. "Then I'll go get coffee," he said with the air of the long-suffering. He left the room. A moment later, Kiba heard the front door open and close.

Front door. He had a door. He had a little patio, too, because Shikamaru had found them an apartment on the ground floor, and there was a little patio and door that went outside rather than into the hall.

He had a husband.

Kiba swallowed, then dragged himself out of the bed, suddenly too sober. He had a husband and an apartment and nothing was going to be the same, and--

His toe smashed into a box and he hopped around on one foot for a moment, cursing.

And he had a stubbed toe.

**

Shino wasn't so hungover that he didn't notice the tension in Kiba's shoulders when he returned. He handed over the coffee and did exactly as Kiba said, and the headache, nausea and general shitty-feeling did recede somewhat. He tried to pretend like things were normal; a long-term mission, and they were unpacking to stay a while, just teammates, nothing else.

Slowly, painfully slowly, Kiba began to relax again.

Shino tried not to wonder if Kiba was ever going to be all right with this. It would just take time. Time to settle, and realize that nothing would really change. Shino would do his best to see that nothing really changed.

Tsume arrived in the afternoon, with Hana and several other people Shino recognized in tow. They all brought food.

"Figured you'd need sustenance after last night," Tsume laughed, making herself comfortable in their kitchen.

"Thank you," Shino said automatically, watching as people threaded their way around and between half unpacked boxes. It still unnerved him whenever the Inuzuka made it so obvious how involved they were with each others lives. It seemed a little claustrophobic at times.

"Found your coat," Hana said, tossing it on a chair.

Shino looked at it longingly, since he hadn't bothered to do more than pull on pants and a T-shirt while he was unpacking. He felt disturbingly naked.

But since they'd already seen all of him, and this was supposed to be his new family, he supposed he should relax a little.

"How'd we get here, Ma?" Kiba asked, reaching around her to pluck at slices of cooked zucchini floating on top of the soup she was setting on the counter.

"We got you home when you both looked ready to pass out," Tsume laughed. She turned, grabbed Kiba's chin, and held him still while she kissed him.

He made a face but didn't otherwise object.

"All right, we're leaving. Have fun, lovebirds. We won't expect to see you for a few days."

And that quick, the troop was gone.

The apartment smelled better with food in it, Shino had to admit. He gazed around at the boxes and trash bags and piles of empty boxes, and realized that--

He was married.

He fingered his ring, and glanced up to see Kiba watching him. The Inuzuka offered a small smile.

"Weird," Kiba said quietly.

Shino nodded, acutely uncomfortable and suddenly aware they were alone. Alone in their own apartment, as much of a disaster as it currently was.

Then Kiba turned to the box on the table, dragging out towels and washrags. "Linen closet, I guess?" he said, heading toward the hall.

The spell was broken. Shino took a deep breath. "Yeah. Sounds good. Hey, where do you want Akamaru's bed to go?"

**

Shino stood in the bedroom doorway, pondering the best way to shove Kiba over without actually triggering ninja reflexes. It was easier to stand and ponder than actually attempt. He stood. He pondered.

In two days they'd managed to unpack a good chunk of the boxes. Kiba had turned the futon into a nest. Shino had spent an afternoon explaining to Akamaru that, yes, he still had to listen to what Shino said even when Kiba went grocery shopping and left him home. They'd met a few of the neighbors--gleaning more free food in the process, when the neighbors realized they were newly married and newly on their own.

And *Shino* hadn't been the one to point out that they were married.

The memory still made him grin, every time he thought about it. Walking out the door to the patio, where Kiba was leaning against the railing talking to a woman with two children and a shinobi husband out on a mission. Kiba had glanced at him, shifted to allow him into the conversation, and said, "This is Shino, my--" he'd blushed bright red. "My husband."

Shino had been thunderstruck.

The neighbor had congratulated them, and the news spread. It seemed like everyone in the complex now knew that they were married.

A lot had happened in just two days. And every night they'd crashed into the same bed, asleep after moments.

Except Shino wasn't sleeping, and Kiba was. Sprawled, naked, across the entire bed. The whole thing.

Naked.

Very naked.

Shino smirked. "Kiba," he said, wanting the man to be awake before actually touching him. He'd surprised Kiba out of a sound sleep once before--nothing had really happened, but he didn't need his heartrate boosted. At least not that way.

Kiba made a noise that sounded like, "Mrffle."

Shino figured that was awake enough. He wandered into the room, sliding onto the bed.

A bed they hadn't actually had sex in. They'd had sex in the kitchen, sure, but they hadn't had sex as spouses. It was different.

He leaned down and kissed Kiba on the nape of his neck, putting a precautionary hand on the man's shoulder first. After all, if Kiba wasn't as awake as Shino thought, he didn't want an elbow in the jaw.

Kiba, though, was apparently awake enough. And faking sleep. He 'mrphed' and burrowed farther into his pillow.

Shino smiled slowly. He could play that game. He could more than play that game. He nudged Kiba's hair out of the way with his nose, nipping at the tender skin that joined shoulder and neck. Kiba didn't move.

Shino slid lower, trailing a single finger down the indentation of Kiba's spine. The skin was warm, smooth, the occasional scar adding ridges or slick spots. Shino pondered it for a moment, then leaned down and breathed across the dip, flicking his tongue over Kiba's spine. He felt a shiver shoot through the man's ribs, and smiled slowly. He did it again; warm and wet barely touching soft, musky skin.

Kiba shivered again.

Shino moved lower, hands sliding down Kiba's sides, framing his hips. He nosed the spinal indent, lipping his tongue out every few seconds, touching vertebra and retreating. He blew at the shadow above Kiba's tailbone, pausing a moment to whisper fingertips over the twin dimples on either side.

"Shino--" Kiba murmured, head turning slightly and sleep-dark eyes peering down.

Shino held the man's hips more firmly. "Shh. You were sleeping, remember?" He bent, ghosting his tongue over one dimple and feeling Kiba's breath catch.

"Mmm," Kiba sighed, eyes fluttering closed. "Got woken up," he added after a minute.

"No, you didn't," Shino said, hands sliding down the outsides of Kiba's thighs before drifting up the backs, his nails barely grazing the skin. "You're dreaming."

Kiba smiled. A canine peeked out between dry lips. "I am?"

"Mm hm," Shino said, and let his nails slide toward the insides of Kiba's thighs. They twitched out slightly, muscles tensing.

"Good dream."

Shino smiled. "I hope so." He scratched lightly at the firm swell of muscle above Kiba's legs, watched the body tighten in response. His thumb dipped, tracing the cleft, keeping to the edge of shadow.

"Ah--Shino--" Kiba began, pushing up onto one elbow and peering back.

Shino let an eyebrow twitch.

"That's not gonna--"

"Too soon, I know," Shino said, smiling wryly. Eight days seemed to be the magic number: more often, and Kiba was too sore for anal sex. It didn't mean he wasn't sensitive. Shino let his fingers drift a little farther, using his nails again, enough to prickle against overly sensitive skin.

Kiba hissed and shifted, fully awake. "You're wearing way too much clothing," he muttered, turning over and sitting up. His hands rose, intent obvious as he grabbed the edge of Shino's shirt.

Shino caught the other man's hands, kissed the fingertips, ignored Kiba's confusion. "Settle down," he said softly, and shot a 'please' look from under his brows.

Kiba relaxed, confusing melting into vague bemusement.

Shino leaned in, kissing him softly on the mouth. When Kiba tried to deepen it he just shifted to the man's jaw, feathering light touches of lips across the sharp bone. He could feel Kiba calm, feel the change as his mood infected the other man. He didn't want a quick tumble--he wanted something slow and quiet, wanted love rather than sex.

Hands slid up, under his shirt. They moved slowly, dancing over each rib, tracing each tiny little scar.

Shino pushed, and Kiba eased back again, one leg hitching up to rub against Shino's hip as he sprawled out on the bed. Shino rocked down into the other man, and had to agree with Kiba's assessment: he was wearing too many clothes.

Shino arched back to yank off his shirt, tossing it over the edge of the futon. He caught a flashing grin from Kiba, and then nearly yelped as the Inuzuka moved up and rolled, catching Shino and bearing him to his back on the bed.

"That's better," Kiba nearly growled, nipping at Shino's neck. Shino started to push up, only to have Kiba push him back down. "My turn," Kiba said, the words really a growl that time.

Shino laid back in mild surprise, watching the light flicker and glow off taut skin as Kiba sat up, leaning back to unbutton Shino's pants. He didn't take them off, hesitating instead. Dark eyes looked at Shino, then back down at what he was doing. Kiba bent, licking the edge of stomach muscles. Fingers drifted under the waistband of Shino's pants.

He tensed, swallowing against the sudden urge to speed things up himself. But he'd started this, and Kiba was apparently content to continue it.

The sound of a zipper drawing down was shiver-inducingly loud in the bedroom. Air hit, and was replaced by warm skin, nails dragging over the abdomen muscles. Shino caught his breath, closing his eyes as Kiba's tongue traced grooves lower and lower, a hand stroking slowly at his erection.

Then a mouth replaced the hand, hot breath ghosting over Shino. Kiba shifted so he could look up. He smiled wickedly, hovering just above Shino's cock.

Shino watched, breath nearly held. A tongue peeked out from between pointed canines, then flicked against the head. Hands shifted, tugging slowly at pants, dragging them down off hips when Shino lifted up a little.

Kiba's tongue flicked over the head of Shino's dick again. Warm liquid was there and gone, and the air chilled the skin, making flesh prickle. It was blissful, and annoying. With Kiba that far down, Shino couldn't reach *anything.* He pushed up on his elbows, and when Kiba didn't protest he sat forward, threading his fingers through shaggy brown hair.

Kiba chuckled and opened his mouth, stroking his tongue up the underside of Shino's cock before closing around it and sucking carefully.

Shino's hand tightened in the other man's hair, and he had to remember to loosen up again. It was wet and hot and *perfect*, and he still wanted to be touching Kiba. He swallowed, watching the head move slightly in his lap and feeling heat and tongue swirl in time. He caught his breath, felt Kiba chuckle, and slid his hand down the other man's back.

Flesh stretched taut over muscle. Shino stroked over Kiba's ass and down between his legs, smiling victoriously when he stroked rough testicles and felt the vibration from Kiba's murmur of appreciation. A tongue moved, soft and strong, around the tip of his dick. He hissed, shifting a leg and reaching farther around to rub Kiba more effectively.

Kiba moved helpfully, moving sideways so his erection was in easier reach. His mouth came off Shino's dick, tongue sliding down the underside in a wave of heat, breath ghosting hot and moist. His tongue flicked out again, leaving feather-light brushes against Shino's testicles, the inside of his thigh, the skin just before his ass.

Shino whimpered in protest and used his free hand to tug Kiba's hair back up. He was hard and really, *really* wanted to fuck something--and if he couldn't, then he wanted his dick back in Kiba's mouth.

Kiba chuckled. Then he rose back up, one hand massaging Shino's balls while his mouth slid back over his cock, slow and wet and warm.

Shino groaned. He fell back again, closing his eyes for a moment against the desire tearing through his muscles. So. Damn. Wet.

He opened his eyes, watched Kiba glance at him sidelong before taking his cock into his mouth as far as he could, sliding down and sucking before doing it again. Shino groaned. Kiba shifted his hips, almost waggling, and the Aburame remembered he had a job to be doing, too. He eyed the body spread out to one side, then hooked a hand around Kiba's thigh and tugged until Kiba shifted closer.

And closer.

Shino paused, feeling fingers slide over his balls, then pushed until Kiba--stopping the blowjow, sadly--looked at him. "What?"

"On your side," Shino said, voice husky.

Kiba grinned and rolled, tugging Shino's hips until they both lay on their sides, feet to head, facing each other.

Shino licked the dick now in front of him, intensely happy when his own was swallowed back into a warm mouth. He licked Kiba's head, pausing when a shudder wracked up his spine as Kiba fondled him. Then, achingly slowly, Shino took the dick into his mouth.

He felt Kiba's whole body stiffen, smelled the hot-sex-musk-forest smell that was his boyfriend--lover--husband. He sucked, mind mostly on his own genitalia rather than the cock in his mouth. He pushed forward slowly, half expecting to feel Kiba's hand on his hip stopping him. Instead, Kiba made an encouraging noise in the back of his throat that sent lust curling further up Shino's chest. He thrust forward again, swallowing around Kiba's dick at the same time, swirling his tongue and tasting the familiar salty taste that was Kiba. He thrust a third and fourth time--slowly--in and out of warm wet before a hand landed on his hip, slowing him, sliding down between his legs. He felt fingers brush along the underside of his cock, into Kiba's mouth, and then come out again. They trailed along his testicles, up his ass, and rubbed against his hole.

Shino hesitated. He could sense Kiba waiting, holding for a yes or a no, and finally licked the man's dick again, beginning to move.

A finger pushed, sliding into him slowly. Shino's spine prickled, and then Kiba hummed in the back of his throat and heat curled through his stomach in a sweat-inducing rush. The finger penetrated slowly in before pulling out again and then repeating the motion. Shino realized he was moving again, pumping his hips softly in tune, fucking Kiba's mouth and Kiba hadn't stopped him.

Another finger slid in beside the first, surprisingly wide. He grunted, focusing on screwing Kiba and the cock in his mouth, unsure whether it was a good feeling or a bad feeling to have fingers up his ass.

Kiba moved them, and it felt better. Tingles of pleasure joined the heat curling in his stomach. Kiba's tongue moved against Shino's dick, and Shino took the cock in his mouth in farther, slick and heavy.

Kiba whimpered, sucking. Shino began to thrust a little harder, feeling fingers wiggle inside him, muscles tightening and Kiba swallowing his cock down ever deeper. The other man groaned like having his mouth fucked was the best thing *ever*, and Shino pulled away from him long enough to warn, "I’m going to--"

Kiba made an, "Mm hm," noise, and pushed both fingers in a little deeper, penetrating and stroking all at once.

Shino thrust one more time, nearly crying out with the force of orgasm and--*gods*--Kiba swallowed and kept his fingers moving slowly.

It dragged out almost painfully long, muscles shuddering as he released into hot, wet, tight--and Kiba's tongue flickered over his head, making him cry out again.

He collapsed when it was over, then rolled slightly to take Kiba's cock back into his mouth, pushing the man down on the futon and sucking it as far down his throat as he could. Kiba's nails scrambled on his back, and with a choked cry the other man came.

Shino couldn't swallow it--had tried and nearly gagged once--but he waited as long as he could before spitting it out, then continued to stroke slowly, smearing white liquid over dick and testicles until Kiba had stopped quivering.

They both laid there, smelling like sex and sweat for a long time.

"That was a good dream," Kiba said finally, chuckling at the ceiling.

Shino grinned and patted the pillow by his head. Kiba sat up and flopped over, head-to-head with Shino again. Shino caught the back of his neck and pulled, kissing him thoroughly, stroking tongue against tongue.

He fell asleep still cradling Kiba's neck.

**

Shino woke on his side, another man plastered against his back, trailing kisses along his neck and shoulder. A stray hand that wasn't his was fondling him, stroking slowly up and down his already half-hard length.

He smiled sleepily. "Again?" he managed to mutter, cracking an eyelid enough to see the bedside clock. Twenty minutes before the alarm went off.

Kiba "Mmm"ed. "I've been thinking," he said, voice sleep-roughened.

"That is an unusual state of affairs," Shino teased gently when Kiba didn't continue.

Kiba chuckled. "Funny. I've been thinking I'd like to fuck you."

The hand on his dick shifted to rub his balls, pinky sliding between his thighs. "Ah," Shino said slowly, feeling a blush creep up pale skin. He couldn't say he hadn't thought about it. Kiba certainly seemed to enjoy it, and the fingers last night hadn't been either the first time or bad.

Kiba kissed his shoulder again, and a mouth whispered next to his ear, "I'd really, *really* like to fuck you."

Shino licked his lips and swallowed. Gods, it was going to be one of *those* screws. The ones where Kiba seduced with words as much as with touch. He tried to keep from shivering because that just wasn't masculine, and closed his eyes. "Oh?" he managed.

Kiba chuckled. Breath puffed over Shino's cheek. He felt the other man shift, reach over him, and then settle back again. He didn't have to look to guess that Kiba had grabbed lube out of the nightstand. He swallowed again. He opened his mouth, started to request that this go slowly, when Kiba stopped him by the simple act of kissing him.

When the Inuzuka pulled away, one hand still idly stroking Shino's erection, he murmured, "We can always stop." He kissed Shino's shoulder--he had an obsession with the bulge where the muscle connected--and then sucked gently. "I won't hurt you," he said a moment later. "Just relax."

Shino did, focusing on the feel of skin over skin, a finger rubbing at the head of his dick before sliding down and fondling his balls. He heard a cap pop open, and nearly jumped.

Kiba chuckled. "Relax," he said again, and lube spilled over the stroking hand. "While tight always feels nice, it doesn't need to feel that nice," he said.

"Funny," Shino muttered, tossing Kiba's word back at him. Then talented fingers rubbed down along his testicles again, and he pretty much just stopped thinking.

Thinking was overrated anyway.

"That's it," Kiba murmured behind him, the arm that was under his neck bent at the elbow. Fingers brushed his chest in a little arc; all they could reach. "Fuck, you're hot."

Teeth closed on his neck and Shino shivered, feeling wet and slick slide over his cock until he was hard again.

"Open your legs a little," Kiba murmured, the words a caress against his ear.

Shino propped his top leg up hesitantly, foot flat on the bed. It gave the hand better access, and nails hinted at scratching as they slid along his length. Shino groaned.

"Yeah," Kiba whispered. "I know. Gods, I've been thinking about this. I can't fucking wait to be inside you, all hot and tight--"

"Shit," Shino muttered, stomach tightening.

Kiba laughed.

He would never get tired of hearing Kiba talk. Talk formally, talk dirty, just talking with that vaguely husky voice, that almost-purr when he wanted his way, the too-loud laughter when he was out with friends.

The murmur like a dangerous cat when he wanted sex. "I want," he murmured, "to fuck you."

The hand had shifted. A finger slid inside him easily, coated with lubricant. Shino caught his breath and tensed at the intrusion.

Kiba kissed him softly, behind his ear, on his neck. "Relax, Shino," he said quietly, lipping at a large scar on Shino's back.

Shino took a deep breath and relaxed, and another finger joined the first. They stretched him slowly, pushing in and out again and again, until he'd released his tension. It felt strange to have something inside him, and he didn't think he'd ever have done it with anyone but Kiba.

"Gods, you feel good," Kiba said, voice soft. "Know what would make it better?"

"Hmm?" Shino asked, focusing on the tendrils of pleasure starting to curl up.

Kiba kissed him again, absently, before answering. "If you jacked yourself."

He was slightly relieved to hear it. Kiba's other hand was pretty well pinned, and he wasn't sure that he could orgasm from this. He reached down, stroking slowly. When Kiba hissed, "Fuck, yeah, that's nice," he felt his heart rate pick up. He could feel the other man's eyes on him, feel the way Kiba's chest rubbed up against his back.

A third finger pushed slowly in, and Shino could feel the stretch and had to focus again on relaxing.

"Feel okay?" Kiba purred.

Shino nodded. "Yeah," he said on a whisper, fingers thrusting slowly into him. "It--yeah." It felt a lot better than he'd been expecting.

"Good. Because, gods, I can't wait to use my dick." Kiba kissed him, and Shino swallowed. "'m gonna push it in, nice and slow," Kiba murmured against his ear. "All the way, long as it doesn't hurt, until I'm buried as deep as I can possibly get. An' then I'm gonna thrust, in and out--" he matched finger movement to the words. Shino caught his breath.

*Gods*, he could never decide if he loved Kiba's talking or wanted the man to shut up because it was embarrassing. Embarrassing and oh so arousing to hear what might happen.

"It's a hell of a lot longer than this, of course," Kiba said, flexing his fingers.

Shino groaned, stroking himself a little faster. That had felt nice.

Kiba chuckled. "Yeah? Like that?" He flexed again.

"Ah--yeah--" Shino said, shifting his legs restlessly. He felt like he should tense or thrust or *something*--he fingered the head of his dick, slid his hand down the shaft and rubbed the base.

"Oh, gods, you're gonna like being fucked," Kiba murmured on a moan. "Feeling my cock up your ass'll be a good thing. Get half hard just thinking about it, and we'll have to start screwing in public bathrooms." Shino felt the smile a second before Kiba added, "With mirrors, so we can watch."

Shino groaned as the three fingers pushed farther in, Kiba's knuckles pressing up against his skin. Then the fingers came out entirely, leaving him feeling weird and oddly empty. He felt the head of the man's cock a moment later, pressing against him, larger and longer.

The hand that was under him brushed his chest. "Relax, baby," Kiba whispered again, and started to push slowly in.

Shino heard himself groan as it thrust into him, stretching him farther before Kiba paused.

"That’s it," the other man murmured, pushing Shino's hand away from his cock to start stroking himself. "That's it, see? Just stay relaxed. I'm gonna push it in a little further--"

He did. Shino tensed, relaxed, felt it penetrate further, spreading him.

"Ohh, gods, yeah, Shino," Kiba said, fondling his balls before stroking his cock again. "More--relax--yeah. I'm going to fuck you more, 'kay? Nice and slow and thick and long and hot and--" Kiba stopped, pushing farther in, nearly whimpering before he bit down on Shino's neck.

His breath was rattling through the room, a hand at his cock and a cock pushing into him, big and almost uncomfortable except it made his whole body tingle. He wanted to thrust into the hand stroking him, but didn't want to move because he could feel himself tipping on an edge, and knew one way led to a great deal of pleasure, and the other way led to pain. So he laid still and let Kiba fuck him.

"There, see, all of it," Kiba said finally, thrusting in just a little farther--and yet, it felt like a whole lot farther--until his hips met Shino's. "That's it," Kiba said soothingly. "Just like that, gods, this looks hot."

It was weird, and intrusive, and he had to fight to stay relaxed but--but it was nice. The hand on his cock was even better, still stroking slowly, thumbing his head, rubbing where it flared slightly. He groaned at that, and Kiba chuckled.

Then the other man started to thrust.

The first time he pulled out, all Shino's muscles tingled. Then he pushed back in, thick and full, and Shino felt his breath catch and had to stop from tensing. It happened again, and then again, Kiba's hips pressing into his every time, the hand keeping the same pace.

"I like you like this," Kiba whispered, thrusting over and over, starting to pick up the pace. "With your legs open all vulnerable and letting me fuck you silly. Gods, you're beautiful."

"Kiba--" Shino managed, and stopped because he had to think, had to pay attention to the thing pushing into him, stretching him.

"Fucking you silly," Kiba repeated, and with a wicked tone of voice continued, "shoving my cock up you, jacking you off all slick and smooth, rubbing your slit while my dick is shoved way up your ass--"

"*Kiba,*" Shino said again, half protest, half groan.

"You feel so fucking good when I shove it in you--all hot and tight and slick--"

The alarm went off.

They both jumped. Shino smashed a hand down on it, rolling slightly, and Kiba rolled with him. He found himself pressed into the mattress, lifting his hips so Kiba could keep pumping at his cock while the other man slammed into him. He shouted when Kiba hit his prostate--thank the *gods* for the prostate, he thought stupidly as his muscles all heated and Kiba slammed into him again, harder, pushing his cock deeper from this angle. He nearly yelled as it was hit again.

"Relax, baby, relax," Kiba said, sounding strained. "Oh, gods, you're fucking hot--"

The hand at his cock fingered his balls, slid up and down with the rhythm of the dick inside him, a little tight and fast--

Shino did yell as his body convulsed, hands fisting in the sheets, toes flexing, ass tightening around Kiba's cock. The orgasm ripped through him, leaving him almost painfully breathless. Another three strokes and he felt Kiba stiffen, shove into him one last time so deeply he shouted, and then collapse on top of him.

"Ohhhhh, goooooooods," Kiba groaned.

Shino eyeballed the clock. Then he heaved himself up, turning and forcing Kiba off him before grabbing the man up and snuggling him into his chest.

Kiba laughed, clutching at Shino's arm.

Shino nuzzled the other man's neck, stupidly happy that they'd had sex, in their bed, in their house, as a married couple.

"You okay?" Kiba asked after a minute. "I didn't go too fast--"

Shino shook his head wordlessly, face going pink at the memory of fingers thrusting slowly inside him.

And Kiba had burned alllllll his underwear. Gods, life was good.

"Love you," Shino mumbled into ridiculously messy brown hair.

Kiba shifted slightly, turning his face up. "Love you, too."

Shino lifted up enough to bend and kiss the offered mouth slowly, catching Kiba's bottom lip in his teeth. "Mine," he mouthed silently against Kiba's cheek.

Kiba pulled away and looked at him quizzically.

Shino only smiled, refusing to repeat it. He'd promised Kiba things wouldn't change. If things had to stay exactly the same for Kiba to be married, they would stay exactly the same. He never wanted to see that apprehensive look on his husband's face.

Shino would move Fire Country if it would make Kiba happy. "I love you," he murmured.

Kiba grinned. "You're going to be late," he said, rolling out of Shino's arms and off the futon. "Me, too."

Shino groaned and dragged himself out of the tangle of sticky wet sheets. "Ugh. We have to do laundry." He glanced up, and almost missed the hesitant look that crossed Kiba's face.

Kiba's dark eyes flickered up, and he tried to laugh it away. "Married. It's just weird," he said, shrugging negligently.

Shino could see the real concern there, though, the uncertainty and fear. He waited until the Inuzuka came around the futon and caught him. "Hey," he said softly. "Just like before. Only now we have our own place to have sex as much as we want."

Kiba's smile turned real, slightly mischievous. "That is handy."

"Mm hm," Shino agreed, pondering just how much time they could make up if they ran. Because showering together would add time--Shino wasn't enough of a fool to know they'd only *shower*, but shower-groping might take the last dregs of worry out of Kiba's mind.

"Know what else is handy?" Kiba asked, catching Shino's hand and tugging him toward the bathroom.

Apparently Shino wasn't the only one with the shower-groping idea. Hell. They could be a little late. "What?"

"Not having your buggy family spying on us."

"They didn't spy," Shino laughed.

"You don't know they didn't spy. They probably thought it was *hot.* Sent their little buggy friends over to peep under the door." Kiba grinned widely.

"Know what else is nice?" Shino shot back.

Kiba raised both eyebrows.

"Plumbing."

Kiba laughed. Shino pushed him, and watched the Inuzuka fall through the bathroom door.

He would make everything fine. He would bring Kiba the constellations. They were in love.

He grinned.

And they were married.

*********************