TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Love That Was Invisible by animeangel1010101

[Reviews - 4]   Printer
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: My 1st Naruto fanfic! No flames pleez just constructive critisism.... and happy things ^_^
Prolugue
A eighteen year-old ninja with raven hair, Sasuke Uchiha, was taking a walk after a long day of training with his teammates and his sensei, Kakashi. He got the peculiar feeling he was being followed, so he pulled out a kunai for safety. He continued walking on the dirt path in the dark forest. Suddenly something--or someone--jumped out of the bushes. It was Sasuke's blonde-haired teammate, Naruto Uzumaki.

A Secret Admirer
"Naruto?" He glared at the other boy with a confused face. "What are you following me for?" He kept glaring at Naruto.
Naruto smiled big. "Oh, no reason. Just bored. Where are you going?"
Sasuke blushed a little. "Oh... no place in perticular. I'm just... walking, walking to... down to the waterfall."
"Down to the waterfall, eh?" asked Naruto. "What's up with the pink cheeks? Hey, I know what this is... you're meeting a girl, aren't you?"
"Shut up, Naruto, it's nothing like that!" said Sasuke, his cheeks now bright red. Stop blushing! Sasuke shouted at himself in his mind.
"Whatever. I'm telling Sakura," said Naruto smiling.
"N-no!" shouted Sasuke. "Don't tell Sakura. Besides, I am not seeing anybody anyway. Just go away!"
"Okay, well if you aren't busy," started Naruto. "Want to go get some ramen?"
"Is that all you ever eat?" asked Sasuke glaring at Naruto once more.
"Sure! Ramen is awesome!" said Naruto enthusiastically. "That is all I ever eat. Nothing is better than ramen!"
"No, Naruto, I've got to go," said Sasuke, walking faster with each step. Soon Naruto was far behind, standing alone in the dark. He frowned and walked other way.
"Naruto doesn't have a clue about me," said Sasuke as he continued on his way.
On the other side of the forest, Sakura Haruno, Sasuke's other teammate, was walking home. Her family had moved from the middle of the town to the outskirts, making Sakura's walk at the end of the day longer than it used to be. She hated the long walks alone. When she got home, she went into the kitchen and found a note from her mother.
"Dear Sakura," she read aloud. "Off on another mission. Dinner is in the oven. Sorry I couldn't be home. Love, Mom." Sakura sighed and looked in the oven. Meatloaf again? Sakura asked. She was tired of meatloaf every night when her parents weren't home. She dished her plate up with the food and sat down on the couch. The turned on the TV and ate.
"There she is," said Sasuke to himself. He was in a tree by Sakura's window, watching her. He sat in the tree, hidden well by shadows, day dreaming.
Sakura felt as if someone was in her presence, although it didn't scare her, it made her feel protected. She sat in the darkness of the living room, the only light being the TV flashing and the moonlight coming in through a window. Then Sakura heard someone yell in pain, and she started to get scared. She got up and got something to drink out of the refridgerator. Then she looked out the back window, and she saw Sasuke limping through the garden, clutching his side and sweeping his hair out of his face. Sakura dropped her glass and ran to the back door.

Helping Sasuke
Sakura fumbled with the locks on the back door for a moment before pulling the door almost off its hinges to get it open. She ran at break-neck speed over to Sasuke who grabbed her arm.
"Sasuke? What happened?" asked Sakura worriedly. "What'd you do?" She led Sasuke through the garden, still pant hard herself from running so fast.
"Ugh... bring me into the house, Sakura," said Sasuke. "I'll tell you then." Sasuke held onto Sakura tightly as they trudged through the garden. They entered the house and Sakura brought Sasuke to the couch. He grabbed her arm as he sat down, pulling Sakura on top of him. Sasuke blushed wildly as Sakura got up and brushed off her dress.
"What happened?" asked Sakura again. Sasuke stopped blushing immediately and sat up straight. "Wait!" Sakura added. She went into the kitchen and got a rag from a cupboard. She wetted it with water and went to tend to Sasuke's wounds.
"Thank you," said Sasuke. "Anyway, I was in the tree out in front of the house when a kunai was unprofessionally thrown and scratched my forehead." He touched the place where the kunai had cut him and it began to bleed again. "I'm not quite sure who threw it, but then some kid appeared in the tree and kicked me repeatedly in the side. I used my Fireball Jutsu to scare them off, and it worked."
"They hurt you?" asked Sakura. "W-w-wait, what were you doing in my tree in the first place?" Sasuke's cheeks turned as red as the fire in his jutsu.
"I-I'd rather not say..." he said in almost a whisper. "It's personal." Sakura looked at the floor.
"Okay," she said. "It's fine if you don't want to tell me." She used the rag to wipe Sasuke's wounds again. He had the cut on his forehead and quite a few bruises. She got up off the couch and got a plate of the food and brought it to Sasuke.
"Thanks," said Sasuke. He ate the food and Sakura sat beside him. She leaned against him, and they sat there, just the two of them.

Catfight
"Sorry Miss Ino," said an academy student to a girl with a long blonde pony tail. "We couldn't get Sasuke for you."
"What?!" she yelled. "You academy students aren't worth one penny!" She rolled her eyes and added, "How could you not catch him? He goes on the same path every single day!"
"We came across him, Miss Ino," said another student. "In fact, we came close to catching him but he was too strong! First I threw a kunai..."
"You threw weapons at my Sasuke?!" demanded Ino. "You could have killed him!" Ino was furious.
"How else could we catch him?" asked the smallest one of the students.
"I kicked him in the side to try to knock him out of the tree, and it worked," said the biggest one. "I guess that is an accomplishment."
"Wrong!" said Ino. "That isn't an accomplishment. And... what tree?"
"This tree by a girl's house..." started one of the academy students. "Um... her name was... oh yeah! Her name was Sakura Haruno."
"WHAT?!" Ino exploded. "SAKURA?! Oh... I'm going to kill her!" She trudged off as fast as she could toward Sakura's house. The academy students got out of her way and made scared faces at eachother. Ino soon reached Sakura's house. She peeked in the window and was furious to see Sasuke and Sakura on the couch together. She took out a sharp new kunai and stood back, blasting the window into shards with it.
"What the...?" said Sakura alarmed as the window shattered and the kunai hit the wall. She shot up immediately off the couch only to see Ino, a smirk on her face, standing outside the window.
"Hey, Sakura," said Ino. "I see my plan to get Sasuke didn't work. In fact, those academy studetns only brought him closer to you. For that, you are going down HARUNO!!!" She yelled "Haruno" at the top of her lungs.
"That's why you're here?" asked Sakura almost laughing. "You owe me $55 for a window over Sasuke? Are you seriously that jealous, Yamanka?"
"Ooh... how many times did I say not to call me by my last name?!" Ino asked furiously. She took a shuriken out of her side-bag and chucked it at Sakura, who dodged it easily. Meanwhile, next door, Kakashi was sleeping soundly until he heard his neighbor's window shatter and much yelling. He stepped out of his house to see what all of the commotion was about.
"What are you guys doing?" he asked when he came out of his front door. Sakura and Ino paused, surprised to see the Jonin ninja.
"Kakashi-sensei?" asked Sakura. "What are you doing here, in the middle of our fight?"
"I guess now I am here to direct it!" he said with a smile. Ino and Sakura shrugged. "Well okay, let me help you out with this. I'll draw a 15x15 meter circle in the dirt, and in the fight, the first to be knocked out of the circle loses the battle. No surrenders, no killing, no maiming and/or crippling your opponent. Just fair and simple, trying to knock eachother from the circle's edge. Are you guys ready? Then begin!"
"Kakashi-sensei?" Sasuke said as he came outside and sat on a bench. "Why are you here?"
"I might ask you the very same question," said Kakashi. "I am her neighbor, and sensei, however you live on the other side of town, and are her teammate." He smiled. "And why are you so beat up?"
"Both extremely long stories, Sensei," said Sasuke. "But they are fighting... over me. Can't I just choose instead?"
"Let them continue," said Kakashi. "You can choose in the end, if you'd like, but now, stopping their fight would be like trying to stop the tide from wetting the shore and washing away sand castles."
"Hiyah!" shrieked Sakura as the two girls met in attacks. The two boys sat on the bench and watched them, obviously finding some amusement in their fight. They both pushed and pushed, not just on the other, but on themselves. Sakura and Ino attacked with power. They both came close to pushing the other out of the circle, but recovered.
"Ino, stop interfering with my love for Sasuke!" shouted Sakura as she pushed Ino further toward the circle's edge. "Sasuke isn't just a super-hot ace ninja with a cool attitude! He's sensitive, sweet, and caring! Can't you see that?" She growled the last sentence, just barely sending Ino an inch outside the line in the dirt.
"Ino is out! Sakura is the winner!" Kakashi annouonced. Ino grumbled curses under her breath, as she sat in the dirt with hurt feelings.
"Sasuke! I won!" shouted Sakura. She ran up to Sasuke and hugged him. He let her, and Sakura was surprised. Ino got up and silently went home, and soon, so did Kakashi.

The Kiss From the Super-Hot Ace Ninja With a Cool Attitude

"Sakura, I should probably go now," said Sasuke. He tried to get up but limped on his leg and fell on the wood of the porch.
"Sasuke, you live on the other side of town," said Sakura. "Plus you are hurt. Please, would you stay here for the night?"
"I couldn't possibly..." Sasuke began, but his words trailed off. "I suppose I could." He looked deep into Sakura's eyes, and standing up, said, "Follow me." He led Sakura to a beautiful waterfall not far from her house.
"Sasuke, this waterfall is beautiful!" Sakura said.
"I know. Every day I come here, because the aqua-green water reminds me of your eyes, and how much I'd like to see them more often."
"Sasuke... I..." began Sakura. "I have a question. Do you like Ino?"
"Ino?" asked Sasuke. "No, she is cold and heartless. I could never like somebody like her."
"Cold. Heartless. Sounds like someone I know." Sakura's eyes swelled up with tears. "All this time of ignorance, and unacknowledgement, I thought you always hated me."
"Hated you?" asked Sasuke. "No, actually, the opposite. Sorry for all of the hurt feelings, but I don't deal with feelings well. I really... love you Sakura." He blushed a tomato red, that spread all over his face.
"Sasuke, I..." Sasuke placed his pointer finger on her lips, and when he removed them, he claimed her lips as his own. He gave her a very passionate kiss, deepening it with every moment. Sakura kissed him back, but leaned in more, accidently knocking both of them into the water.
"Ack..." spat Sasuke, as he had taken in much water. Sakura spit out water too, then they both started cracking up. They climbed out of the water and went into the house to change. Sakura lent Sasuke something of her dad's, as she dried his clothes.
"Sasuke, where do you want to sleep?" asked Sakura. "On the couch, or the guest bed?"
"With you," said Sasuke. Sakura's eyes widened, as Sasuke shut off the TV.
"Sasuke, I... I would love to..." Sakura said. Sasuke smiled as he gestured for Sakura to open the guest bedroom door. She did, and they both walked in.
The next day, both of them were late to their mission for the day, and they announced their plans: to get married and live together for life, of course.