TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Blessing of the Phoenix by SwordMindSoul

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I'm experiencing some technical difficulties with fonts D: sorry
I stood catching my breath. I heard a man say “Sarada-chan, who’s your friend?” I turned around to see Sarada, a pale boy, a blonde boy and a man whom I presumed to be their teacher. I walked over toward the group. “Hokage-chan, are you ok? Also, thanks for bringing reinforcements!” I smiled. The boys teased her about her nickname.

“Kakashi-sensei?” I looked up at their teacher then behind us.
Sure enough, there was Hatake-sensei. His arms were crossed, I had a feeling that through his mask he was not smiling.

“I guess that’s my que to leave. Bye Hokage-chan and company!” I said as I jogged over to silverette. “Hi, sensei… Now in my defense, you said we were done and I was really hungry.” He cut me off “Senji-san, I’m not mad.” That’s a lie. “Anyway, the Hokage has called for you.” “What for?” “You’ll see.” He stated cryptically. We ran through the village, over the roofs of metal and tile until we reached the office of the Hokage. The office seemed much more spacious without the shinobi lining the walls. The desk had acquired more papers since my last visit. The left wall was lined with pictures of previous Hokage, the last two faces I recognized as Hatake-sensei and Uzumaki-sama, both of whom were in the room. However, there is someone whom I don’t recognize; my gaze slid from the wall to the dark-haired man emitting an aura of power standing next to the Seventh.

I stared at the desk and waited for one of them to initiate the conversation.

“How did you come to possess the Sharingan?”

“Huh?” I looked up at the dark stranger who posed the question. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“The Uchiha’s kekkei genkai, the user’s eyes turn red and three black tomoe appear around the pupil.” Hatake-sensei explained.

Mom held me in her lap as she sat down and took my older brothers hands into hers. She said something which had caused her and my brothers to cry. I wondered what she said that made all of them so sad. Mom then brought all of us into a hug. Through my brother’ tears and dark lashes, I saw sliver of red. What a pretty color.

Could that have been the Sharingan? But I’m not an Uchiha. Perhaps only my brothers were? Mom has some explaining to do then… If only she were still here to ask.

“Also, you have the crest of the Senju on your back, how did you get that?” the silver-haired sensei asked. Great one more question that I don’t have the answer to. “Senju and Uchiha?” I posed this question to the man standing next to the Hokage. Something happened when our eyes met and I felt my consciousness escape me.

Kakashi, Naruto and Sasuke got on their guard as red chakra flowed from Tomoe’s limp body. The crimson substance took shape into a bird. Its wings enveloped all four occupants transporting them to another dimension. Kakashi recognized the terrain, the last battle between him and Obito took place in this plain of white.

Unsure if this being was friend or foe, Naruto summoned Kurama and Sasuke called upon Susano’o whose armor covered the Kyuubi.

I am not going to harm you.

The trio was not convinced. They started to launch attacks on the phoenix, Tailed Beast Bombs, Amaterasu, even the blades of Susano’o passed through the being. The phoenix blew fire at them and they braced for impact. It never came.

As you can see, we cannot harm each other.

While the three-man team did not let they guard down by any means, they did stop their attacks.

I am fire incarnate. You humans may also know me as the Phoenix. I have come to you for help through this girl.

“If you’re ‘fire incarnate’ why do you need our help?” Sasuke demanded.

The Elementals create the balance needed to sustain life. We cannot interfere with the lives of humans. However, there is a human who has the power to harness The Elementals, he has already captured the Dragon of Water. Such a being should never come to exist through natural means.

“Then how?” Naruto asked.

Many experiments and selective breeding have produced such a child. Its mere existence was not a threat to us, but when he used the Dragon’s power to kill, the balance was compromised. The other Elementals had to take action. We sought representatives strong enough to confront this human.

“So who are they? More importantly, where are they?” Kakashi was curious.

The reconvening of Hagoromo Otsutsuki’s bloodline, a relationship between a Senju and Uchiha created three children, of whom we imbued with our spirits. However, the representatives of the Tortoise of Earth and the Tiger of Air were taken before their training was complete. They are still alive, but even I do not know how long it will be before their power is also compromised.

“How did Tomoe escape?” The blonde Hokage inquired while looking at her unconscious body.

Her mother, Tatsuki Senju, sealed the part of my spirit that was within Tomoe to hide her from the trackers. I can break free of the seal, but I do not want our positions compromised. I ask of you, incarnate of Indra, incarnate of Ashura and Child of Lightning, two things, to train Tomoe, so she may help restore balance to your world and to rescue my fellow Elementals.

The spirit was about to disappear when Sasuke spoke “Wait, you haven’t showed us the rest of the family. How will know who to look for?” He wasn’t much concerned about Tomoe’s siblings, no, he wanted to know who her father was.

The fiery bird dissipated into five figures, two women and three men. Tatsuki Senju was powerfully built, her silver hair and clouded golden eyes stood in stark contrast to the tan of her skin. To the right of her were her twin sons. They stood a head taller than their mother and took after their father; ebony hair and eyes with pale skin. One took after his mother in build and also like his mother a clouded film covered his eyes, though within them held a wisdom beyond his years. The other brother was thin with lithe muscles that spoke of speed. The last two were the patriarch of the family, Itachi Uchiha and his daughter, Tomoe. His sons may have taken the color of his skin, eyes and hair, but Tomoe’s face was a carbon copy of her father’s replicated in silver, gold and tan.

Naruto, Kakashi and Sasuke stood, now unarmed, dumbfounded.

Kakashi recognized the silver haired woman from his days in the ANBU. He had never seen her without her mask. He never would have guessed she was blind. Her prowess as a fighter and healer made her an indispensable asset to any mission, she was in line to become an ANBU captain, but the Third had told them she was KIA tracking down Itachi. Could she have also been a part of the infiltration of the Akatsuki?

Sasuke wondered if there was anything else Itachi hadn’t told him. He did not see his older brother settling down with anyone, let alone having three children. The raven haired man had many a sleepless night after Itachi told him his story; he often thought about why he couldn’t save him and what he could do to live in a way his older brother would approve of. Sasuke had done so by finally swearing to protect the village his aniki loved enough to be exiled and die for, but the younger Uchiha had never felt it was enough. He stared at the sleeping body across from him, was fate offering him a chance to finally save his brother in the form of his offspring?

Naruto asked Kurama if what the phoenix said was true. The fox responded “The Elementals were the ones who trained Hagoromo and Hamura before they fought their mother. They taught them how to use their connection to the earth to supplement their power, in short, the brothers became the first Sages under their tutelage. The Tailed Beasts were also created in the image these Divine Beasts; even the color of my coat was directly taken from his admiration of the Phoenix.”

The figures melted into the pale floor. Flames spread from where they once stood, surrounding all four shinobi. When the flames died, they were in the office. Questions and statements flew from the conscious occupants of the room.

I sat up too fast and black spots appeared in my vision. “Ugh.” My head hurts. I looked up at the men who were, arguing perhaps, across the room. The dark stranger in the cloak noticed me sit up and made a motion to the others. They stopped their debate.

I’m in trouble aren’t I?