TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Blessing of the Phoenix by SwordMindSoul

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes: Spoiler alert: Takes place after Boruto:the Movie.
Chapter notes: Naruto's verbal tick is slightly overused in this chapter.
Naruto’s bored blue eyes scanned the papers before them before he sighed ‘As much as I love the peace, everything feels a bit boring without a battle.’ In the years since the Fourth Shinobi War, the Hidden Villages lived in peace with one another, Naruto had become Hokage and Sasuke had come back to the village. An ANBU with the mask of a fox entered the Hokage’s office, Naruto’s head popped up above the stacks of finished and unfinished paperwork.

“Nanadaime-sama,” said the ANBU bowing low. “Fox, what is it?” Fox handed a scroll to the 7th Hokage. Blond eyebrows rose as Naruto read the message.

“The Village of the Field has been destroyed?!”

In front of Konoha’s gates, a young woman collapsed from exhaustion.


Where am I? I pondered whilst taking in my surroundings. I was on a bed in a room of white and pale blue. A hospital? I flinched when I heard the door creak open and a woman with long pink hair and green eyes approached my bedside. “How are you feeling?” she asked with a kind voice, I shrugged “Fine, I suppose. Where am I? What happened?” “You’re in Konoha hospital, you were found outside the village gates, passed out from physical exhaustion.” ‘Konoha? Where have I heard that name before?’

Shinobi surrounded my mother and I, they had already seriously injured her. ‘They can’t take her from me! I won’t let them!’ Mom’s hand formed a weak grip around my glowing hands, “Go to Konoha, Tomoe.” Whispered my mother as she lay dying under my hands. I forced more of my chakra into healing her to no avail, and with her last breath she said “I love you, Tomoe.” Tears flowed down my cheeks, rage and sadness clouded my mind. Suddenly, the shinobi were just glowing chakra, no longer solid flesh. I punched the ground with all I had. Then everything drowned in black.

Tears came down my cheeks, first of sadness, then of rage. I cursed those shinobi internally. The woman's green eyes widened slightly before she hurried out of my room.

Sometime later, the woman came back. She asked if I could stand then if I could walk, I nodded ‘yes’ to both questions and she led me through the winding hallways of the hospital with no further questions. When we walked out into the streets of Konoha it was high noon, shinobi and civilians roamed about peacefully, some children late to their classes sped past me and I marveled at how seamlessly the new metal buildings melded with the old wooden structures. It was a short walk to the large building with the symbol of ‘fire’ emblazoned on the front. Into the building we went, traveling up the multiple staircases until we reached the front door of an important person’s office. Fancy place, in the largest building of the village on the top floor, this guy must be important.

My nurse and temporary guide knocked on the heavy door twice before the door opened.

Upon entering the room, my eyes first darted toward the seat directly in front of the aged wood desk; then at the rather ridiculous amount of people in the room, shinobi lined the walls of the office, some with green jackets others with porcelain masks of various animals. Was this all necessary? I just came out of the hospital and haven’t eaten in who knows how long, I’m torn between being flattered that they see of me as that much of a threat and being amused at the irony of this many ninjas here to restrain a pacifist.

A man with short blonde hair and whisker like markings on his cheeks sat at the desk and beckoned me to take the seat in front of him. As I sat down, a ninja clad in one of the green jackets approached my right side. Sending a questioning glance at the blue-eyed man, he said, “He’s here to make sure you’re telling the truth, believe it.” ‘Believe it’? Sure…

The man at the desk laced his fingers together and rested his chin on them. “Let’s start, believe it.” The masked ninja put his hand on my forehead as the questioning began.

“What’s your name, believe it?” “Tomoe Senji” “How old are you, believe it?” “19.” “Where are you from, believe it?” “The village of the field.” Questions came one after another with barely anytime in between for my answers. If he’s trying to piss me off with that verbal tick… It’s working.

I wonder if the guy is actually reading my thoughts or is he just checking my pulse? Smiling internally, I put a thought in the back of my mind “Believe it” believe what? That you sound like a broken record?’ “How’d you get here, believe it?” “I ran.” Blue eyes gave me a deadpan look. Mask has not picked up on it yet. In the break, I moved that thought to the fore of my conscious thinking. Glancing at Mask, I saw his lips twitch in a smirk. So, he is reading my mind, but I can choose what he sees. Good to know.

“Why or who sent you here, believe it?” Ah, here come the real questions. “I came to seek asylum. My mother was the one who sent me here.” “Where’s she, believe it?” That stopped me in my tracks. My eyes fell to the floor and I swallowed before answering. “Dead.” I mouthed, “What, believe it?” That phrase is seriously grating on my nerves. “Dead.” I whispered. I could feel his eyes staring a hole through my head.

“She’s dead, dammit! Can you ‘believe’ that?!”

The ninja in the room got on their guard as soon as I let the words fly from my mouth. Mask next to me was ready to slam my head into the floor from the way his hand tensed. I glared at the man at the desk for reminding me about the murder of the only family I’ve ever known. He sat up straight and took his elbows off the desk. “This interview is done. We’ve collected all the information we need.” And an instant later, I was escorted to out of the building, but not before the blonde said “I’m sorry for your loss Tomoe-chan. Believe it.” I could tell by his tone was that he was sincere; even if he wasn't, I wanted to 'Believe it'.

As soon as Tomoe had left the building Naruto turned to Sakura “We need to tell Sasuke.”

The meeting was short enough that by the time I walked outside it was still light out.

Why did he send me out? Don’t they need more information? Also, they just let me go; after all that security? He must have someone watching me. I sighed, I am much too tired to think about any of this. I spotted a park across from the Hokages building. Ah, shade and benches. I sat down and took a deep breath when a shuriken came flying by my face. It hit the tree to my left with a thud.

There goes my relaxation.

A girl with black hair and red glasses bounded from the shade of the trees. I took the shuriken from the tree and called out to her “Is this yours?” she came over with a slight blush on her cheeks “Sorry, ma’am. My aim still needs a little work.” “No worries. Are your hands ok?” I looked down at her hands, they were covered in bruises, cuts and blisters. “I’m fine! If I’m going to become Hokage, these little cuts are nothing!” I smiled, this girl has big dreams; I like that. As I placed the shuriken in her open hands, I healed the cuts and accelerated the repair of her blisters. She looked surprised when my hand retracted. “Thank you!” she said while looking up at me. “No problem. Good luck with your training, future Hokage-chan.” I said as I smiled and poked her forehead; a gesture my mother used to do when I was young, before walking away to look for a real quiet place to relax.

Sarada watched, stunned, as the woman walked away. ‘I thought only mom and dad did that?’ she wondered whilst touching the spot where she was poked. The young girl shook her head ‘I should be training!’ she thought as she ran back to her training spot.

I wondered until dusk before finding myself standing under the faces of the Hokage. I walked over to the railing and leaned on it. I looked over Konoha with awe. The streets below bustled with activity, the shops and streets started to glow as the sky darkened. Even from afar, I could feel the energy from the people of the Hidden Leaf. This place is so different from my village. We never had this atmosphere. I sighed, my family, the village, my home, everything I knew was gone in an instant. The people below became blurry as I allowed myself to mourn what I had lost. When my sobs finally lessened to mere sniffles, I looked to the sky.

“What do I do now?” I whispered.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, but when I turned around, they were gone. I looked down and found a scroll with my name on it and a lunch box. I took both items over to a bench. Under the light of the lamppost I opened the scroll. I peeled the wax seal apart and started reading.

‘Dear Senji-san,
Your request of temporary asylum in Konohagakure has been granted. Your living quarters are in the building adjacent to the Hokage building. Please report to Hatake Kakashi in front of the Hokage building at 7:00am tomorrow morning.
Welcome to Konoha,
Umino Iruka Chief Secretary’

Also inside was a map of Konoha with the meeting point and my apartment marked in red, along with a picture of whom I was meeting the next morning. I closed the scroll, then looked over to the lunch box and brought it into my lap. My stomach protested my delay as I checked through the contents. In addition to the food, taped to the lid were a set of keys and an envelope with some money inside. They think of everything don’t they? My stomach yelled at me again, this time I listened and dug into the meal before me. After shoveling the semi-cold food down my throat, I noticed the light became brighter and looked up; the clouds had moved apart showing a night sky full of stars.

Mom, you still there?

A shooting star streaked across the darkness and I took it as her answer. As I started toward my apartment, I took one last look over Konoha.

“I don’t know why you sent me here, but I guess you have your reasons. Alright Mom, lead the way!”
Chapter end notes: Thank you for reading my first fanfiction! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing! All comments, reviews and constructive criticism are always appreciated.