TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Shizu Aburame by mst88

[Reviews - 15]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Shino is still a mystery to Shizu, maybe those around him can shed some light on her husband to be.
I wanted to add that it's purely speculation on my part, from what I have been able to research on the Aburame clan and IRL cultures as to the reason for the sunglasses and attire.
The knock on the front door caused Shizu to hurry, holding her red sash in her hand, she was still in the process of getting dressed when the interruption occurred. Muta had left already to prepare for the mission he was leaving on that morning, so she was curious as to who it was.

“Yes,” Shizu asked opening the door to reveal Shino standing on the other side. “S-Shino, what are you doing here?”

“I-I came by to let you know I was going to be leaving on the mission with Muta and my Dad.” Shino stated, his sun glassed eyes looking down into her mossy green ones.

Shizu gave him a curious look. “So why are you telling me Shino?”

“I-I’m trying to get into the habit of doing so. Won’t you find it curious for me to just disappear for days at a time once we’re married?” Shino cocked his head to the side. “Or would you even notice I wasn’t there?

Shizu nodded in understanding. “I would notice, I’m sure Shino.”

After their kiss a few days before, Shizu would certainly miss that feeling as she has since that day.

“I asked Kurenai if you could fill in for me on her team, she was more than willing to let you. Of course if and when they train, you can’t use the Nano just use the Parasitic Insects.” Shino started to explain. “Hinata may seem shy but she is very strong and watch out for Kiba, he can be . . . impulsive.”

Shizu let a smile spread across her lips, it occurring to her that Shino was trying to introduce his world into hers, to help her become comfortable in his life and with the people he interacted with. Wasn’t that what people did when they cared about each other? She would certainly have to ask Hinata when she saw her again, she would most likely know.

Shino turned away to leave, Shizu felt slightly disappointed as her smile turned into a frown, she had been hoping he would kiss her again.
“Oh, before I forget,” Shino turned back to face her, her smile returning as she leaned towards him. “I won’t be back until the day of our announcement.” He then walked away.

Leaving Shizu standing in the doorway feeling sad and alone.

~*~

Shizu walked towards the practice area that she had first seen Shino and his team at, her hands in her pockets face hidden behind the high collar of her long black coat, very glad for her dark sunglasses which hid her red rimmed eyes. She had thought after the kiss she and Shino had shared, they would at least kiss once again but that didn’t seem like the case. Shizu had enjoyed the kiss, enjoyed it a lot and she wanted to do it again, instead it had become one of her favorite memories.

Shizu could hear Kiba shouting and Akamaru barking before she entered the clearing. Standing by a tree she watched the tall man dressed in black frolicking in the clearing with the huge white dog.

Every time the huge white dog tackled the man Shizu would finch but Kiba would just laugh. The dog suddenly sniffed the air, turned to start running in her direction. Looking behind her Shizu wondered if a small animal had caught the dogs attention.

Too late Shizu realized that the dog was coming after her, Akamarus front paws hit her square in the chest, knocking her flat against the ground, a wet tongue covering her face with dog saliva.

“Akamaru what are you doing?” Kiba could be heard shouting as he ran up on the scene. “What did you find?” Kiba’s face appeared over the fluffy white dog, a look of amusement.

Akamaru bark happily as he sat back on his hind legs to show Kiba what he had found.

Shizu remained laying on the ground not sure what to think of the situation.

“I’m really sorry Shizu, Akamaru seems to forget he isn’t a puppy any more but he sure does seem to like you.” Kiba kneeled down next to her. “He didn’t hurt you did he?”

“If that’s what he does when he likes somebody, then I’d hate to see what he does to people he doesn’t.” Shizu commented as she pushed herself to a sitting position.

Kiba snickered as he stood up, holding out his hand to her. Shizu looked at his outstretched appendage, she had never touched anyone that wasn’t of her clan and the thought made her slightly uncomfortable.

“I’m not going to bite Shizu, I‘m just trying to be helpful.” Kiba wiggled his fingers at her. Shizu slowly placed her small hand into Kiba’s lager one, his fingers curling around it. With a jerk of his arm, Shizu was pulled to her feet, the distinct clank of metal against metal echoed around the area as their forehead protectors hit against each other.

“Ow, ow, ow I guess you’re lighter than you look.” Kiba cried releasing her hand to cover his head.

Shizu rubbed her own forehead with a lot less dramatics. “You could have been a little more gentler Kiba.”

Unzipping her coat to her neck, she untied the red sash from around her waist. Turning her back to Kiba she slipped her sunglasses off, then proceeded to wipe her face clean of dog drool. Hearing a whine from the giver, Shizu turned towards Akamaru giving the dog a pat on the head reassuring him that it was nothing personal.

Slipping her sunglasses back on she turned back to Kiba who was looking at her amused. “You know I’ve always wondered why you Aburame keep your eyes covered? Shino always ignores me when I ask.”

“I simple terms since we live in unity with our insect hosts, it’s just our way of showing our humility to them.” Shizu explained, condensing the hour long explanation Muta had given her.

“Hi Kiba, Shizu so great to see you again and thank you for stepping in for Shino.” The dark haired Kurenai smiled warmly at her. “I look forward to getting to know you better.”

Shizu liked the kunoichi the first time she had met her, she seemed to truly care about her team members.

“What do you mean, stepping in for Shino?” Kiba looked from his Sensei to Shizu surprised.

Kurenai looked at Shizu with an arched eyebrow, conveying that if she was going to marry Shino, she was expected to explain where her husband was.

“Shino is currently on a mission with Shibi and Muta, he won’t be back for a few days.” Shizu explained, glancing at Kurenai who nodded her head slightly.

“Isn’t that announcement suppose to be made in a few days?” Kiba asked his dark eyes very interested. “Cutting it kind of close isn’t he?”

“Kiba,” Kurenai said his name with a hint of warning to it. “That is Aburame Clan business, stay out of it.”

Shizu wasn’t sure what was going on between the two but she was getting a feeling there was something underlying going on. “Regardless if the announcement is made, Shino and I will still be wed Kiba, so no need to worry on our part. The announcement for the Hokage is just a formality, to let her know that the heir to the Clan is taking a wife and that the Aburame will continue to help support and protect the village.”

“Shizu,” A soft voice called to her happily. “I saw Shino leaving the village with his Father and your Guardian, are they off on a mission together?” Hinata joined her team with a huge smile.

“It’s nice to see you again, yes Shino is off on a mission.” Shizu answered trying to keep the sorrow out of her voice.

Kurenai cleared her throat, announcing that their daily training session was going to begin. “We’re going to continue with the Taijutsu that we’ve been working on. While using ninjutsu is fine, there will be times when it can’t be used like in small enclosed areas. Shizu, Shino informed me that you were trained by Shibi and Muta?”

“Yes Kurenai that is true. I must confess that I’m not a Taijutsu user, the closer an enemy gets to me the better in my case.” Shizu wasn’t sure if she should tell the Jonin about her Nano use or not.

The woman placed a hand on her shoulder giving her a smile.

“Shino has explained quite a bit about your abilities, Shizu.” Kurenai leaned closer to whisper in her ear. “He cares very much about not wanting you to feel out of place. Shino and I had a very long talk about you, I can tell that he regrets having to leave so soon after your first meeting. You have made a very big impression on him Shizu.”

As Kurenai talked, Shizu’s face remained unemotional but her mossy colored eyes grew wide behind her sunglasses as her heart started beating very fast.

“Thank you Kurenai.” She whispered, unable to say any more.
Chapter end notes: A new chapter will be forth coming, keep an eye out for it!