TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Knights of the Midrealm by Fantasy Madeline

[Reviews - 5]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"It's going to be a good day for the crops." Said Trir with a pensive expression. Gwen replied with an inarticulate grunt, not looking at him as she stared out the window.
"It's not going to rain." She said at last, her lips pursed. "Yet it is not sunny. What a depressing day."
"Gwen, I know. I miss them too. But they wouldn't want us to be somber today. We have priorities."
She gave Trir a small smile. "Of course." She stood up, and hugged her brother. "I'm sorry Trir. Thank you."
"It's all right Gwen." He replied, embracing his sister. They broke apart as there was a sharp knock on the door. There was a sharp intake of breath from Trir as he looked out the window.
"Gwen, it's the knights."
"Quick, get upstairs Trir."
Trir reluctantly did as his sister asked of him, and ran up the one flight of stairs in their house, into the attic.
Gwen opened the door and gave a curtsy. "Good day, sirs." She said, getting up once more.
"You've kept the court waiting." Was the stonce cold reply of a knight.
"I am sorry sir, of course."
She reached into a wooden chest, and produced a small, shabby cloth pouch. She handed it over to the knight. He took it in his hand, and looked at her with distaste.
"There is more then half missing." He growled.
"Well, yes sir. But it was a slow growing season and-"
"Save it peasant. You know the punishment of not paying the court."
"Sirs, please. I beg of you." She desperately pleaded, yet she was pushed aside. The knights entered the small hut.
"Search it." The head knight commanded.
Gwen could hear her brothers breathing quicken.
Please Trir, be quiet. Don't let them hear you. She thought desperately.
"She was broken out of her thoughts by the gruff voice of the knight.
"If it's just you living in here, why are there two chairs at the table?" He questioned, glaring at her.
"The other one is for my mother. That is where she used to sit, and I still feel close to her; like she is sitting there watching over me." Gwen lied easily, though her heart was pounding.
The knight grunted, and moved on searching. They turned over chests and looted through sacks. At last, they reached the small hidden staircase. They began to head up the stairs, and they reached the large wooden door.
"No, please. Don't go in there." Gwen tried, yet to no avail. With a sharp kick, the door was flung open to where her brother was hiding.
The room was empty. The knights entered, stepping on the hay strewn across the floorboards. They came to the other side of the room, a small table by the window. They reached into the table's drawer and found what they were looking for: another small ratty sack.
"No, please! That is the only money I have left! I need to eat too!" She pleaded.
"That's not our problem." He said, as he made his way down the stairs.
"Please, you don't understand-"
"We understand perfectly well. Now good day." He said, and the three knights exited the house, the door slamming behind them. She stood in the eerily quiet house, until she could hear their horses fading into the distance.
"Trir." She called, defeated. The young boy dashed down the stairs and tackled his sister in a hug. His face was red, and tears trickled down his cheek.
"Oh my lord, Trir. Where were you hiding? I was so worried." She said, hugging Trir with all the might in the world.
"I was in a haybale. They didn't see me." He said, through shaken breaths.
There was silence for a long time as they enjoyed each other's presence. After what seemed like eternity, Trir spoke.
"Gwen, that was too close. Closer then it has been."
"Oh Trir, the knights are getting more aggressive. I don't know what to do now." She honestly replied.
"...Well we have another two weeks to figure it out before they return again." He said at last, wiping water from his face. "Gwen, you're so brave."
"I try to be Trir. I try to be."
"Let's make supper."
"How does stew sound?"
"What else would we have?" She said with a grim smile. As Trir walked to the fire place to get the crops, he never noticed the tear now slowly dripping down Gwen's face onto the ground.
----------
Chapter end notes: Did you like? Did you hate? How about you review?