TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11985
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Redxkenny
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


The Haunted Academy by DestinyGirl

[Reviews - 8]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:

Happy Halloween!!!:D

Yes, I've decided to write a Halloween special for this scary holiday! And it's about my first story, BW!!! I've been working on this all month and I hope you enjoy it! Sadly, I can only get out the first half today, but I'll have the second half up hopefully by tomorrow or sometime this week!:)

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, Masashi Kishimoto-sensei does:)

Notes: Since I don't know of any Japanese candy, I'm going to use American candy, hope that's not a problem!:P I love Reese's! This takes place sometime after the gang has befriended Sasuke and right before the Uchiha massacre. So that way Sasuke is still the sweet kid NOT bent on revenge. Woo!

The Haunted Academy ~ Naruto fic, Broken Wings


It was now that time again for the Hidden Leaf Village. When the villager's put out their carved pumpkins, the shops sell more of their sweeter snacks, and the nights are long with an eerie aura.

Yes, it was Halloween. The day owned by creatures of the forbidden night. Anything could happen . . .

Morning of Halloween

Strong rays of sunshine beamed through an open window of an apartment. Warming the tiny space.

A smile broke across a young girl's face. A little girl with snow white hair and the purest of souls. Hikari Kyoko. Her mist gray eyes seemed to sparkle in the sunlight, her creamy skin soaking it up.

"Hey, Hikari!" A booming voice shouted from below and she looked out her window.

Standing below was a boy the same age as Hikari. His skin was tanned, his hair a spiky blond, and happy bright blue eyes. This was her best friend, Naruto Uzumaki.

"Hey, Naruto!" Hikari greeted, quickly grabbing her bag off her desk and jumping out the window.

She landed softly in front of Naruto, who chuckled lightly.

"You know what today is, don't you? It's Halloween!" Naruto said, beaming and excited.

Hikari giggled at his excitement and they began walking to the Ninja Academy. A school for future shinobi of the Leaf Village, which the two children attended.

"Man, I can't wait to get some candy! Especially the huge chocolate bars with the—"

Hikari smiled as Naruto rambled on and on, something he tended to do once he was excited.

But her thoughts drifted back to last year, when the two spent their first Halloween together . . .

Before, Hikari had always dreaded the holidays, being all alone and no one there to be with her . . . But ever since she met Naruto, she hasn't had one single day of loneliness. Naruto always filled them for her.

They spent every holiday together, Naruto would sneak them into the village so they could enjoy the events. And when Halloween came, Naruto didn't let her down.

* * * * *

He barged into her house on that night, a pile of assorted candies in his arms.

He gave her his signature foxy grin as she turned to him and he shut the door.

"Look at all of the goodies I got!" he said, holding them up.

"Oh, wow Naruto . . . how did you get so much?" she asked him curiously, gazing at all of the sweet treats.

"Well, it's a long story but it doesn't matter!" Then Naruto dumped the candy onto the floor.

"Now, you can choose whichever ones you want!"

Hikari smiled. "Thanks, Naruto."

So the two sat down and began going through the candy, Naruto gorging himself on the chocolate bars while Hikari tasted the most sweetest ones. It was the first time the little girl ever ate candy, and she treasured every bite.

"Hikari," Naruto said, holding two of the small suckers in the air.

He handed her the red one while he kept the blue one.

"Cheers, to our first Halloween together!" he grinned that insane grin of his and Hikari smiled at his words.

"Cheers! And to even more to come!"

Naruto laughed. "Yep!" And they tapped their suckers together before tasting the treats.

It tastes like cherry . . . Naruto's must be blue raspberry. Hikari thought, loving the taste.

Suddenly, the two blissfully happy children heard shouting outside the small apartment and went to the window to investigate.

The sight before them sent chills of fright running through them.

An angry mob of villagers and even shinobi gathered around Hikari's home. They held torches, and their faces were angry.

"That demon shall pay tonight!" One shouted, making Naruto and Hikari flinch.

Did they follow me here? Naruto thought, recognizing a few faces as shop owners that he had snuck by to get the candy.

"Yeah, we've had enough of those two!"

Hikari was instantly saddened, tears coming to her eyes at how harsh he said "those two." They wanted them both dead! But why? She knew the villagers all . . . hated her and Naruto . . . but they never went to these extremes!

Hikari hadn't realized it, but she was shaking uncontrollably. Tremors rocked her tiny body.

Naruto wrapped his arms tightly around her, hugging her to him. She looked like she was starting to go in a state of shock, and he squeezed her arms reassuringly. He glared out the window, though they couldn't see. He took some candy from them, but still!

Why are they doing this?! he thought angrily, looking down at how scared Hikari was, something he hated seeing.

The villagers continued to talk harshly outside.

"Let's just burn them up, it will do this village a favor!" Everyone agreed to this idea, but suddenly anbu silenced the man by knocking him out cold.

The crowd gasped, and more anbu showed up surrounding the Third Hokage.

"The Hokage?!" Naruto shouted in disbelief, he'd only ever seen the old man in a distance before. Hikari opened her eyes to see the Hokage there, standing in between them and the impending mob.

"Enough! I will not tolerate this abuse any longer!" he spoke in a chilling and mighty voice that silenced them.

"But—Lord Hokage!"

"I will not hear another word!" To say that Sarutobi was angry was an understatement. He was furious. How did it become this bad? To where the people of the village would deliberately seek to do harm to innocent children? "Be gone from this place. It would be wise that you not come around this place. Do not harm them."

A couple looked like they wanted to say something, but instead just bowed their heads, muttering apologies.

"Yes, Lord Hokage." And then they left, and Sarutobi relaxed.

He looked up to meet the eyes of the scared children above. "Do not worry young ones. You won't have to go through something like that again." He spoke earnestly, giving them a smile and Hikari instantly felt safer, and Naruto was just glad that Hikari wasn't shaking anymore.

* * * *

Last Halloween had been disastrous, and Naruto wanted to make it up to Hikari by making sure that this Halloween was the best ever!

That was his goal, and he was aiming for perfection.

Hikari and Naruto walked into the classroom to find it already full, only Iruka-sensei was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, where's Iruka-sensei?" Naruto asked, looking around.

"Who knows?" Ino shrugged, shaking her blond head.

"He hasn't been here all morning." Shikamaru said, Choji chowing down on potato chips beside him.

"That's weird . . . Iruka-sensei's never too late." Hikari spoke, getting worried.

"Yeah, he usually yells whenever anyone's late, and here he's late . . ." Naruto grumbled, having been on the receiving end of one of Iruka's lectures about being punctual more than once.

Suddenly, a large monstrous bat and even smaller bats came crashing in the room, making the children scream in fright and duck for cover. The bats turned over desks, shredded paper with their fangs, and started attacking the students.

Then, it all seemed to disappear, and everyone looked around confusingly.

"Sorry for being late," Came Iruka's voice and they looked to see their sensei standing in front of the class.

"Sensei!" Hinata gasped, her pale eyes wide.

Hikari was relieved to see her teacher okay, but something was off. "Wait, what happened to the bats?"

Sasuke then noticed that all of the destruction left behind by the bats was no longer there. Everything was back to normal. "Yeah, and what about the broken windows? And all of the other damage they did?"

Everyone noticed it too, and they were all deeply confused while Iruka had a sly grin on his tanned face.

"That, my dear students, is the art of genjutsu!"

"Genjutsu?" Hikari asked him, and he was proud to explain.

"Genjutsu is the art of illusion, almost like mind control. You cast a jutsu that makes others trapped in an illusionary world in their minds."

Naruto just snickered. "Big deal—what's the use of calling yourself a ninja if all your gonna do is hide behind illusions?"

"Watch your tongue!" Iruka shouted at him, and Naruto flinched. "And I'll have you know that genjutsu is a very important part of any shinobi. What if your on an important mission and your teammates are caught in a genjutsu? Will you just stand by and watch them suffer? Or what if your caught in one yourself?"

Everyone seemed at a loss on what to say before Sakura raised her hand shyly and spoke up. "You would need to use your chakra or another jutsu to counter against it, disrupt the flow. Or if your physical body is harmed, the pain will break through it."

They all stared at her, shocked that she knew that much about something that they hadn't even studied about. Sakura noticed their stares, and blushed brightly. She wouldn't admit to her friends that she tended to study more in her shinobi handbook more than them . . . Then she would be picked on for being a book-worm on top of "billboard brow." Besides, the topic of genjutsu intrigued her.

Iruka recovered and smiled at the young pinkette. "Why yes, that's exactly right Sakura."

Ino grinned at her best friend as Sakura was still blushing red. "Gee, forehead, when did ya get so smart?"

"But there's also a lot more to it than that . . ." Iruka continued.

After the lesson, the group of children met together under their favorite tree. Everyone was there, seated in a large circle. Hikari was situated in between Naruto and Sakura, and Sasuke still sat beside Sakura, with Ino sitting on the other side of him. Hikari could see that the two girls were competing for the Uchiha boy, she just hoped it wouldn't get out of hand.

Naruto abruptly called the little group to order. "We have an important matter to discuss!" he spoke seriously, which surprised everyone. Naruto was hardly ever serious.

"Like what?" Sasuke asked him coolly.

Naruto threw a sharp glance at his rival. "What? You don't know?" From the confused gazes from his friends, he took that as a no. "It's Halloween!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"Oh yeah . . ." Shikamaru said, as if just realizing it.

"Well? What are we going to do about it?" Naruto asked them anxiously.

They all looked at each other.

"What do you want us to do?" Ino asked haughtily.

Naruto ginned mischievously, chuckling to himself. "So? We all dress up and get candy!"

"Candy?" Sakura whispered while Choji perked up at this.

Naruto nodded enthusiastically. "Yep! All the candy in the world! And it's all free and ours for the taking!"

"Naruto," Choji suddenly spoke up, standing up and everyone looked at their food-loving friend. His eyes began blazing. "I will embark on this quest with you if it's for the sweetest of the sweets and the most tastiest treat—candy." He vowed.

Naruto blinked, before smiling like crazy. "Awesome! Anyone else?"

Everyone thought it over.

"And we can dress up as anything we want?" Kiba asked, and Akamaru barked.

"Yep!"

Kiba grinned a toothy grin. "Alright, I'm in!"

"M-me too . . ." Hinata whispered shyly.

"It sounds like a drag, but what the heck? I'm in," Shikamaru smiled.

Ino and Sakura looked at each other before bursting into giggles. "Count us in!" They both said.

Shino merely nodded his head, and Naruto looked at Hikari beside him.

She smiled. "You know I'm in."

He beamed before everyone looked at Sasuke who seemed to be thinking hard. What if his father found it too childish to be going trick or treating?
"I don't know . . ." he whispered, unsure.

Everyone started begging him in their own ways while Sakura's big green eyes glistened.

"Please Sasuke? I promise you'll have fun." She told him, and Hikari agreed with her.

He looked away and sighed in defeat. "Fine."

"Yay!" Ino, Sakura, and Hikari cheered. This meant that all of Hikari and Naruto's friends would be with them!

~ * * * ~

They decided to meet up at the park as soon as the sun went down. Naruto was the first one there, dressed as a goblin, a creature of mischief which fit him well. He even had a mask of this terrible underling.

"Naruto . . . ?" Hikari spoke up, just arriving.

"Oh! Hikari—Whoa!" Naruto stopped, gazing at his best friend.

She looked just like a small pixie. There was glitter in her hair and covering her skin, making her sparkle. She wore a long and flowing dress that shimmered with every movement, it was a pale pink color with a small bow in the front on her waist. She wore pointy slippers the same color as her dress, and she had butterfly-like wings sticking out of her back. They were see-through, sparkly, and the same pale pink color.

She looked just like a real live angel to Naruto. He couldn't believe that it was just a costume.

"Do you like it?" She pirouetted to let him see every part. "I made it myself." She smiled.

Naruto instantly grinned. "I love it, Hikari! You did a really great job."

"You think so?" she beamed.

"I know so!" he answered cheekily, and Hikari hugged him.
"Thanks, Naruto! So what are you?" she asked, gazing at him.

He laughed, "I'm a goblin! You know, the green little guys with pointy ears? They say they're maniacs with a strong sense of curiosity and mischief—like me!"

"Hey! Hope we're not late." Came Shikamaru's lazy voice and Hikari and Naruto turned to see him and Choji arriving.

"Oh! Hey Shikamaru, hey Choji!" Hikari greeted them with a smile, and they were taken aback like Naruto with how she looked.

They swallowed, and returned her smile.

"Hi Hikari, nice costume!" Choji said.

"Thanks!" she beamed.

"So what are you two?" Naruto asked them.

It appeared Shikamaru only wore a new change of clothes and a dark blue cape and hat.

The Nara shrugged, not really caring.

"You call that dressing up?!" Naruto said, flailing his arms about.

"Call it what you want. I'm different, aren't I? So I'll get some candy." He said, being his old lazy self.

Then was Choji, who appeared to be dressed up as none other than food. He was a jack o' lantern . . . better known as a scary pumpkin.

"Cool costume!" Hikari said, and Choji muttered a "thanks" while eating his snacks.

"C'mon! The sun is already setting!" Ino said as she dragged Sakura along with her to the group.

They seemed to go with the same theme, both wearing kimonos. Ino's was different shades of blues with flower arrangements decorating it. Sakura's was different shades of red with cherry blossoms decorating it. They both looked stunning.

"Hey guys!" Sakura greeted as they arrived.

"Whoa! You guys are really pretty!" Naruto said, and both girls blushed a little at the compliment.

The girls then noticed Hikari's costume and immediately started gushing over each other's costumes while the boys had a sweatdrop at how enthusiastic they were.

Girls . . . They all thought, knowing that they will probably never figure them out.

Next came Kiba and Akamaru, surprising everyone with how they were dressed. Both were superheroes—complete with brightly colored tight outfits, capes, and masks.

Akamaru seemed to fly into Hikari's arms when the group walked up. She giggled as she played with the pup's long red cape.

Naruto laughed, pointing at the Inuzuka. "What are you suppose to be?"

"I'm a super hero you idiot!" Kiba exploded, his eyes in slits more than normal.

"I like it," Choji said, pausing in his eating.

"Thanks," Kiba smiled, now relaxed.

Then came Shino, who was strangely dressed up as a zombie. He still wore a large hoodie with pockets over his costume.

Hinata came soon after, wearing a very cute bumble bee costume, she even had a bee headband in her purple hair.

All that was left of their group was Sasuke, and the skies had already darkened considerably.

Naruto growled, "Where is he at?! He's making us miss all the candy!"

Suddenly, Ino smacked Naruto in the head and he yelped in surprise and pain.

"Cool it! Sasuke will definitely be here!" Ino said, defending her crush.

Hikari went to the barely conscious Naruto and looked over him in concern.

Sakura was worried that Sasuke wouldn't make it, but then she noticed his distinct figure walking toward them. And she instantly brightened.

"Hey, look guys! It's Sasuke!" she shouted, and everyone turned their heads to see their friend just making it.

"Sorry I'm late . . ." he told them, fake fangs poking out from his mouth.

Sasuke was dressed in a long black cape with a high, pointy collar, and then fake fangs in his mouth. He wore mostly black, blending in with the night, the denizen of darkness itself.

"You're a vampire?" Shino questioned behind his dark shades.

Sasuke blushed lightly. "Yeah, you like it?"

Both Sakura and Ino had hearts in their eyes and Hikari smiled warmly at him.

"It's great, Sasuke." She told him, and he smiled.

"Okay, okay, can we please get going now?" Naruto practically whined, fed up with waiting.

So the group was off, stopping by each house and grabbing the free candy that was offered to them. It was a new experience for Naruto and Hikari, especially since with all of the costumes and children, the adults didn't pay attention to who they were. They could do as they pleased out in public without the feel of hate-filled eyes.

"Trick or treat!" Naruto shouted, blue eyes bright and cheery behind the mask as he held open his bag.

The woman smiled and put a few pieces of candy in each bag.

"Thank you," Hikari said, bowing a little, and the children were off.

Naruto started looking through his bag as they walked down the street. "Oh yeah, I've hit the jackpot!" he said, holding up his favorite chocolate candy bar before stripping the wrapper and chowing down on it happily.

"Hey, I'll trade you that for a Reese." Kiba said, walking with Choji and Shikamaru.

"Deal," Choji said, handing over a Tootsie Roll.

Sasuke watched and soon began trading with Shino, who had silently observed as well.

"Gee, boys are so impatient when it comes to food!" Ino said, frowning at their exchange as the girls walked behind them.

Sakura had been looking through her bag and found a grape lollipop, which was Ino's favorite. "Hey, look Ino!" she said excitingly, holding the candy out.

Ino's blue eyes got wide before she shot forth and grabbed it out of her friend's hand. "Gimme!"

"And what were you just saying before?" Sakura asked with innocent eyes.

"Um . . . nothing!" Ino said with a sweatdrop.

Hinata and Hikari giggled before they too, started exchanging candies.