TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Battle Stadium by silverwolf1213

[Reviews - 76]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Fantasy Madeline Presents:

A Tale of Two Girls: The Snake Pitted Against the Shadow


---
Madeline Hatake walked through the empty stadium. It was a duel arena, that she was sure. She slid her porcelain mask over her face, concealing her identity. An emerald serpant decorated it, making her mask stand out in the eerie light. She wore her uniform proudly, her hair tied up in a ponytail. She was an ANBU, an elite shinobi. She grasped a kunai in hand, held at the ready. The gong that served as a clock donged a mighty 2 times. Great, it was two in the morning. She should be at home, asleep. Her father would worry. But no, instead she was stuck investigating a break in. Most likely some petty thief, but of course the hokage would send the ANBU. She sighed. This was so not worth her pay. The first thing she would do tomorrow would be to demand a raise. Of course Danzo would give it to her, he wouldn't want to lose one of his favorite tools. All was quiet. She sighed once more. If the alarms were set off because of a rabbit or raccoon, she would be really mad. She didn't need that much of an excuse to throw someone out a window, and if this was indeed a false alarm the hokage would feel the full wrath of Madeline Hatake. No one makes her work at 2 in the morning.
She could faintly hear a soft, thumping beat. It was rhythmic, and definitely a man made sound, not an animal. It grew louder and louder as she approached the center of the arena. She gripped her kunai. As she stood there, she heard it the loudest she could hear it, yet it still was faint. She could feel chakra. Someone was there. Right...above her? She looked up, tensing. The chakra signal was definitely coming from right above her. But..she could see nothing. This wasn't right. There was definitely someone above her. She made the ram hand sign. "Kai!" She said quietly, dispelling any genjutsu. There was none. She was about to activate her kekkai genkai, when a flame appeared above her. Sitting in the rafters of the building, was a black haired girl. She looked pretty similar to Madeline in many ways. She had long black hair and pale skin like she did. She wore a black dress with a blood red sash tied around her waist. She sat casually up in the rafters, and a flame danced across her palm. She was tapping her foot against a beam, generating the small tapping noise that Madeline had heard. Madeline jumped back, studying the girl. "As an ANBU Black Op, of the Konoha Shinobi, I order you to come down and identify yourself." She commanded, her voice disguised by the mask. The girl did not seem to hear her.
"So you're Madeline Hatake. I was looking forward to meeting you." Her voice was cold and silky. Madeline stepped back and tightened her grip on the kunai. Her eyes narrowed.
"Who are you, and how do you know my name?" She asked, her tone icy and unforgiving.
"I know a lot about you. You would have made an excellent addition to my force. My name? I don't think you need to know that."
Madeline moved into a defensive position. "I demand you tell me your name and identification. We can do this the easy way, or you can visit Ibiki-san." She growled.

The girl shrugged. "My name is Amanda. Amanda Overbey. As for my identification, Unmentioned."
Madeline's coal eyes narrowed even more. The girl...was unmentioned in the Konoha files? That was almost impossible. If she was a rouge nin, they would definitely have her on file. And if she was a shinobi from any village they would keep records of her. Unmentioned..the only people unmentioned in the records were civilians. But..she couldn't be a civilian. What was going on?
The girl lightly hopped down from the rafters, her feet making a soft clicking sound as they barely touched the floor. 'Light and graceful, most likely fast.' Madeline analyzed in her head.
"Duel me, Madeline-san."
"Wait." Madeline said, looking at her like she was insane. "You broke in here in the middle of the night, so that they would send me at 2 a.m, simply so we could duel?" Madeline said softly, fuming.
"Yes, that about sums it up."
"What is your problem?" She slightly shrieked. The girl, Amanda, simply shrugged. Madeline sensed something was wrong. She jumped up into the air, just as the ground beneath her cracked open. She touched down on the ground for a second, before she was forced to jump up again. The ground was not a safe place to be. If Amanda was an earth style user, than she would be much safer on higher ground. She leaped onto a ledge in the wall. She made a few hand seals, as four snakes shot out of her arm. Amanda jumped back as the snakes soared at her, dodging each of them. Madeline's guess was correct, she was indeed fast. Amanda ducked down with a kunai in hand, just as a snake managed to get under her defenses. The snake bit her arm, just before Amanda sliced upwards with the kunai, cutting the heads off of each snake. Madeline's summons disappeared into smoke. Amanda clutched her arm. Madeline blinked. What.....the...
The bite wound was closing. Like an invisible needle and thread were sewing it shut. I-impossible. Before she had time to react, she felt a searing pain in her chest. She was blasted back into the air. She manage to look down as the pain increased. H-how? She managed to edge out of the way a bit. The fireball that had hit her squarely in the chest soared past her. She growled as she landed up in the rafters. That had hurt. She made a series of complex hand seals. The water tanks and sinks started to rattle. Streams of water shot out of them, forming a dragon. The dragon lurched and roared, as it sped towards Amanda. Amanda crossed her arms and earth shot up creating a barrier. The dragon crashed into the earth shattering it. The result was a thoroughly soaked Amanda, yet she was still unharmed. Perfect. Madeline gave a sinister smile as she charged at what remained of the dragon. "Chidori!" There was a flash of light as the chirping electricity hit the water. It traveled up the water, right towards the wet Amanda. Amanda was hit directly with the lightning. She fell onto her knees, traces of lightning still lingering around her. Madeline dropped lightly back to the ground. That was it, the battle was done. Amanda had been a worthy opponent, but in the end she still couldn't-
Madeline's train of thought broke as Amanda casually stood up. Madeline was pushed back by some sort of force, and was pinned against a wall. She struggled to break loose. Amanda strode towards her.
"The rumors are true, you are a fairly good fighter. You could be of some use to me in the future." Madeline glared at her with a fiery passion. Who was this girl really? How was she this strong?
"We will meet again Madeline-chan, I shall make sure of that. Until then."
Fire crackled up Amanda's legs, and engulfed in fire, she vanished. Madeline collapsed onto the ground. Just who was Amanda Overbey?