TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Waking Up Forever by Fyre Paved

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Dun dun dun. Prologue. Dooooom. >_____>
Once upon a bright and sunny Konoha morning, Uchiha Sasuke was walking to the bridge to meet up with his team mates. Whoop-dee-doo-da.

Poor Sasuke was already agitated, even before the day actually began...he could tell that today's mission was going to be like every other - boring, lame, and stupid. As he complained in his head about 'how pointless getting up in the morning is nowadays', a shrill voice almost startled him out of his wits (but he didn't show it, since he's a total master at covering those things up). Unfortunately, it was Sakura, screeching out his name as if the two haven't seen each other in years.

"Sasuke-kun!" She instantly appeared at his side and clung to his arm like a leech.... a leech that talks alot and never shuts up.

Simply the sound of her voice made him want to rip her head off, and since he chose not to do that, he knew what consequences he'd have to suffer; enduring her endless talk until Kakashi assigned them a mission. Maybe he'd have to tolerate it until they were sent home. Oh, happy joy joy.

"Hiii, Sasuke-kun! Did you sleep well last night?"
"Hn."
"I did... I had a really weird dream!"
"Hn."
"It was.. well... Naruto was in it."
"...Hn."

At the beginning of her conversation, Sasuke wasn't really listening, but when the word Naruto came in it, for some reason, it really caught his attention. He mentally asked himself why

Sakura would dream of Naruto, but decided against asking outloud. Maybe she'd just explain without a request. Well, Sakura being Sakura, of course she would.

"Uh... you were in it too. The weird thing was.. you and Naruto were gay and in love..."
"....Odd," was all Sasuke could manage. Why would she dream that? It didn't really matter. Heh, it was just a dream.

They finally made it to the bridge, and like most days, they were the first to arrive.... but not five seconds after they got there, though, a certain loud-mouth, whisker faced blonde showed up, and with a usually cheerful voice he greeted his squadmates. "HEY, guys!"

Sakura wasn't too joyful to see him, of course. She only sighed and bid him a weak 'hello'. Sasuke acknowledged him but refused to actually say anything. This sure didn't suprise Naruto. "I'm glad to see ya'll are so ecstatic to see me," he sighed, cupping his hands behind his head as he walked over to the others. "Don't worry, Naruto," Sakura said with a sarcastic voice, "we're always so happy to see you."

"Of course we're always happy to see Naruto, Sakura-chan," spoke a deep voice.

All three ninja turned their heads to see their sensei walking up to them, an unusually mischievious glint in his single visible eye. Sasuke grunted softly and shoved his hands into his pockets. "For once, Kakashi-sensei, you're not extremely late." Both Sakura and Naruto nodded their heads in agreement with the Uchiha.

"Yeah, I guess that's a bit of an accomplishment."
"Sensei, just tell us today's mission. I'm not having a good day." Naruto crossed his arms over his chest and made a pouty-looking face.
"But, Naruto-chan, the day hasn't even begun."
"Oh-effing-well. Mission, now, please."

I wonder what Naruto's problem is today, thought Sasuke. Guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Dobe.

"Alright, alright. Your mission for today - er, actually, the rest of this week - is to join me on a camping trip."
Silence fell over them for a second. This was the mission all three students of Squad 7 were least expecting.... a camping trip. They eyed Kakashi with looks that seemed to say, you're kidding, right?

"Well," their teacher continued, "it's to test your endurance and you sharpen your survival skills. This isn't just some fun trip. I want you all to go home, pack up everything you'll need for a 4 day long mission in the wilderness and come back at noon. You'll need to get your own tents, too. See you here later! Tootles!" Before a single one of them could protest, Kakashi had vanished in the wind with a 'fwoosh'.

"Oh, that's great... camping..." Sakura moaned and headed off in the direction of her house, shuffling just to show how much she was dreading this mission. Sasuke and Naruto stayed behind and stood in an awkward silence.

... ... silence so silent it was loud.

"Naruto, aren't you going home to get ready?"
"I was wondering the same about you. Why aren't you headed home?"
"I... I don't know..."

They glanced at each other and made eye contact for a fraction of a second. After that, there was a little more silence.

...

"Is there something you want from me, dobe? Because if not, I'm going home."

Naruto growled but eventually relaxed. "Yeah, I want you to stop calling me dobe..."

Sasuke smirked slightly. "Nope. And assuming that's all you wanted, I'm out of here." Without a word, he walked off, hands in his pockets and his head up high.

The blonde boy sighed and watched as his friend walked away briskly. "Bye, Sasuke..." he said in a practically inaudible whisper before walking off to his own apartment.