TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Requiem of Despair by Porcelain Orchid

[Reviews - 3]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Warning: Contains explicit language to some extent. Not really all that explicit... but I think it's worth mentioning. ^^
Requiem of Despair: Chapter 2
Exposure


He woke with a start, face still compressed against the cold stone he was sitting in front of minutes earlier. Or was it hours? Days or weeks? He really had no idea and couldn’t care less.

His fingertips immediately grazed the side of his mouth, wondering briefly where his mask had gone before the memory of tearing it from his face flooded back into his mind.

Oh shit, I’m never going to hear the end of this…

He honestly couldn’t remember ever allowing a single person in Konoha to see his face unmasked, and he was certain that there wasn’t a person out there who wouldn’t take the opportunity to give him hell.

”Who knows? Maybe they won’t recognize me,” he mumbled to himself.

If I didn’t look so goddamn much like my bastard father…

He clenched and unclenched his fists a few times, then started in the direction of the village.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Kakashi my rival!” hailed Gai from across a puddle-ridden street before jogging up to said rival’s side.

Kakashi turned slightly and blanched. Truly, he was being punished for some crime against nature he had unknowingly committed.

Gai squinted, eyeing Kakashi from head to toe in an attempt to figure out just what was different about the jounin today.

The silver haired man sighed heavily and leaned against the side of a building, arms crossed over his soaked chest.

“Is there something I can do for you today Gai?” he drawled, a slight sneer gracing the corners of his lips.

Gai’s fingers began to massage his chin pensively as he further scrutinized the man standing in front of him. Something was different, of that he was sure… but what?

Finally, after a good three minutes or so Gai’s expression changed from that of confusion to amusement.

”Aaha! Clever rival.” He shook his head, a grin plastered on his obnoxious face. “…You’ve had your hair cut!”

For a second Kakashi stared, wide-eyed and jaw slightly unhinged in utter disbelief.

Oh come on… I knew this guy was dense but… can he be serious?

“Err, yeah Gai. I guess there’s no fooling your careful eye,” he grinned, scratching the back of his head with one hand.

Gai let out a loud, triumphant laugh, tapping the area to the side of his left eye. “Right you are my rival! I spare no detail, no matter how seemingly insignificant!”

“Right. Well, I’m soaked… so I’ll be leaving now.” Kakashi brushed past and retreated down the empty street.

“Until we meet again, dear rival!” Gai cried passionately waving one arm in the air towards the withdrawing figure.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey! Kakashi-sensei! Wait up!”

Kakashi groaned, turning to face the blonde-haired boy speeding towards him.

”Why hello Naruto, what brings you here on this miserably bleak day?” he sighed.

“Oh! I was on my way to get some ramen!” Naruto chirped. “Wanna come?”

I would rather swallow a bucket of rusting nails actually…
“I think I’ll pass.”

The disappointment showed itself in Naruto’s face for only a moment before being replaced by the cheesy grin once more.

“Ah, that’s okay, maybe some other time!” he laughed before cocking his head slightly to the side and inspecting Kakashi just as Gai had done.

“Hmm… you look different than usual. Did you get a new haircut?”

With that, Kakashi vanished in a puff of smoke and reappeared in front of his apartment complex.

Alright, so perhaps living amidst absolute morons is worse than hell…
Effortlessly, he leaped up to his slightly ajar window on the fourth floor and pulled his exhausted body through. He took two steps toward the bathroom in search for some towels, but unfortunately his legs gave out, causing him to fall to the floor with a loud THUMP.

Who needs a bed when tile is just a few feet away? He thought drearily before drifting off into a restless slumber.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile back in Tsunade’s office…

She wants time off? I can’t afford to give my best medic time off!

“Time off, huh?” Tsunade attempted to rub the growing migraine out of her temples. “Sakura-chan, you know I can’t give you time off right now, not with Shizune out with pneumonia and Midori eight months pregnant.”

Strawberry locks fell gently over ivory skin as she bowed her head in defeat.

”I understand Tsunade-sama,” she said in a voice so low it was almost a whisper.

This girl is going to be the end of me…

However, I may be able to use this to my advantage…


Tsunade feigned an exasperated sigh, suppressing the grin that threatened to give away her master plan.

”Well, I suppose I could spare you for two days and not a second more. Although, you will need to do me a favor in return…” she began.

Sakura’s head immediately snapped up, her sea foam eyes wide with fleeting hope.

“Thank you so much Tsunade-sama!” she cried, bowing before her sensei.

“Ah, don’t thank me quite yet Sakura-chan…” Tsunade said with a glint in her eyes. “You haven’t asked me what the favor is yet.”

Sakura’s left eyebrow twitched slightly. Why did everything have strings attached?

She’d better NOT make me spend time with Naruto!

She swallowed hard. “Wha… what is the favor Tsunade-sama?”

“I’ve noticed that Kakashi has been a little… down in the dumps lately. To say the least… I want you to keep him company for a while.”

Kakashi-sensei? Hm, I guess I’ve been too busy no notice…

“How long is a while?” Sakura inquired further.

“Until I decide he doesn’t need you any longer. You see, my theory is that he still feels guilty for losing Sasuke to Orochimaru… not to mention lonely, although the stubborn man would never admit it. But remember Sakura-chan, you must be subtle. I don’t want him finding out that I put you up to this,” the older woman smiled. “Do we have a deal?”

“Yeah, I guess. I was starting to miss the pervert anyway…” Sakura laughed. “Thank you again Tsunade-sama!” she shouted behind her while sprinting out of the hospital as fast as her feet could carry her.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Alrighty, so that was chapter two! I’m sorry if I’ve upset any Gai lovers out there… by making him out to be a complete idiot, but I just couldn’t resist. Don’t forget to leave a review! I absolutely love hearing from you guys.