The Red Crimson Bride by atenademon
Summary: "Happiness is not having what you want but wanting what you already have."
"I don't have happiness, my wish is to have it."

Naruki, a missing nin, tries to forget about her past with Akatsuki and her past with one certain Uchiha from the organization. But when she thought that her life had turned to normal, ten men interfere and everything is destroyed. Now she tries to find them and make them pay for what they've done.
Categories: Characters: Deidara, Sakura Haruno, Hidan, Kisame Hoshigaki, Hinata Hyuuga, Neji Hyuuga, Orochimaru, Itachi Uchiha, Sasuke Uchiha, Naruto Uzumaki, Kabuto Yakushi
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Death, OOC
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: No Word count: 62409 Read: 36696 Published: 16/09/07 Updated: 22/04/08

1. Beginning by atenademon

2. The Awakening by atenademon

3. Memories by atenademon

4. Similarities by atenademon

5. The girl with red eyes by atenademon

6. Training by atenademon

7. The Escape by atenademon

8. And there was one night... by atenademon

9. The Oath by atenademon

10. Kazegakure and its prestigious clan by atenademon

11. The Dealer by atenademon

12. Gathering Information by atenademon

13. Visiting a friend by atenademon

14. The true reason of lateness by atenademon

15. The Letter by atenademon

16. Children? by atenademon

17. And there was one day...part 1 by atenademon

18. And there was one day... part 2 by atenademon

19. The Fight part 1 by atenademon

20. The Fight part 2 by atenademon

21. A Companion by atenademon

22. The love of a broken heart by atenademon

23. Teachings by atenademon

24. Fooling Death by atenademon

25. Untold Truth by atenademon

26. Hidden Secrets by atenademon

27. A New Beginning by atenademon

28. Back to reality by atenademon

Beginning by atenademon
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto.
Please review, I'm looking forward to see what do you think about my first fic ^.^ I accept critics I know too that my English is crappy. *cries*
"I do" the waited response came from the smiling groom as he gazed into blue-green orbs. The woman next to him smiled cheerfully at his two little words but big enough to link two lifes forever. She turned around a little and saw all the people who gathered at the ceremony, it was like the whole village gathered there to see them getting married. Why wouldn't they? The son of the most respectable clan in the Amegakure was getting married. She could see that averyone was smiling, even though not even half of them knew her. She instinctively put her free left hand at her over-sized abdomen just to feel exactly then two pairs of kicks.

The groom held her right hand tight and stared at her concerned as her face went from a smiling one to a frowning one. When he was about to say something she took her left hand and waved it smiling at him.

"It's ok, they are kicking, that's all." she said. He gazed at her, her truthful smile made him lose all his concerns and he found himself smiling at her also. She turned to the priest and nodded so he could continue the ceremony.

"Do you, Sayuri, take this man who now holds your hand, to be your true and wedded husband; and do you solemnly promise to love, cherish, honor and protect him to forsake all others for his sake, to cleave unto him and him only until dead shall part you?" the priest asked her. The bried stared at him with blank eyes, was he talking to her? She could sense all the stares that were given to her waiting fot her response. She turned her gaze to the man next to her who was smiling. This man, Ichiro Hatakeda, who she just met 8 months ago, who fell in love with her madly, proposed to her immediately when he believed that she had the same feelings as him. Even though, he didn't know her past he still wanted to marry her and when she told him that she was pregnant with his two babies he knew that she was the right woman.

And now he was sitting at the altar with her waiting for her response, but why was she hesitating? He knew that she would be happy with him, she even made the wedding preparations. Those months when she was busy with all that planning, he could see that she wanted to make every little detail perfect, she wanted to be a great ceremony, but what is with this hesitation now?

She stared at him, her now blue eyes locked on his dark grey ones. Her eyes would change color because of her mood, sometimes were blue, sometimes green, or blue-green. As she looked at him, she could only think how much he remembered her of him. His dark grey eyes and his black hair which was too long that had to be tied in a ponytail reminded her very much of the other one which she had to forget. But that was impossible, if just only a kick would came from her abdomen or when she could just take a look at Ichiro, her mind would go straight at the other one.

The betrayal, the suffering that she had to leave him made her to think about him everyday. She kept on thinking that why did she had to do such a stupid thing? Why did she had to leave the man she loved so much that she even got pregnant with him? But when the thought of her that she was pregnant came she would throw away the feeling of regret and sadness. The feeling of protection, of love for her unborn children made her able to resist the urge to return to him. But even if she had returned she would get killed. She would be accused of betrayal and finally killed along with her children.

There was even the option that she could have stayed with him and the other nine companions, but could she let her children born in a world of sin, crime and money? No, that was the true reason that she had left, she wanted to protect them of that life, she wanted them to be normal like the other children, where there could be only joy and happiness. Even she knew that nothing is compared with a smiling child when he is happy. Just thinking at her children happy made her heart melt and she could find herself smiling.

She rose her head and looked at Ichiro. If she will say yes to him, then past will definitely disappear and new memories of a happy family will replace that bloody past. She took another look before she would open her mouth to say two words. Yes, she knew that Ichiro will protect the unborn ones including her, she knew that plenty of love would come for her and them. And she knew that her children would be happy with him, he was a father figure and also he was an important person in the village. A person which was highly respected by everyone so if he would have children, they would be respected just like him. She made a smile, her eyes faded to green this time as she opened her mouth.

"I-" she was cut off as a loud noise caught her attention and made her to stop.

"What is going on?" The priest asked and everyone turned their heads towards the door. The bride wide her eyes open, she felt something strange, no, something familiar. She turned her head slowly towards the doors only to find nine men sitting there blocking the exit. She stared at them, black coats imprimed with red clouds and bamboo hats with bells attached to them made her realise that she had been found.

"Are you here for the ceremony?" the priest asked. As he finished his question, a loud noise came from some of the strange nine men, it sounded like a chuckle.

"You can say that." one of them said. Sayuri startled at the voice, a shiver crossed her body and she could sense that the man who spoke was smirking. 'Leader.' she thought.

"Don't worry, we will make it quick." one with a huge wrapped sword on his back said. Before anyone could ask what were they talking about, the strange men lunged towards the rows with villagers in front of them and in a second they drew weapons.

Everyone started to scream and tried to run towards the exit, but the only thing they met was death. Sayuri watched horrified as the villagers were dying in front of her, blood pouring from everywhere and how the men were approaching the altar. She felt a tight grip around her hand and Ichiro pulled her towards the door from which the priest usually would come. She moved heavily because of her pregnant state towards it but when they were about to open it, the door opened by itself and a man also dressed in a black cloak with red clouds came from it.

They made a step back and the man followed, he drew his katana and approached them. Sayuri stared at the man which was eyeing Ichiro, when she realised what he was going to do she jumped in front of the groom. The man in front of her stopped the attack right when it was about to pierce through her arm and pulled her away from Ichiro. She struggled to get out of the grip while Ichiro tried to take his weapon. But a pregnant woman wasn't a challenge to a criminal so he threw her on the floor causing her to fall with a thud.

"Are you ok?" Ichiro yelled at her, Sayuri rose her head signaling that she was fine but when she took a look at the image in front of her, every part of her heart broke. She watched how the sword pierced thorugh Ichiro's chest causing him to caugh blood. His eyes blocked on hers and she could feel tears starting to fall.

"ICHIRO!" she yelled but the stabbed man was already dead. The assasin took his weapon from the corpse and threw the body on the floor smirking. She stared at the dead person who had to be her husband and cried harder. While she was crying she didn't sense the pair of feet which approached her until two hands grabbed her by the arms and rose her from the ground. She grimaced in pain at the tight grip but the man didn't loosen it.

The man turned her around and Sayuri rose her head to see. She let out a horrifying scream at the scene. It was blood everywhere, lifeless bodies, including the ones of children and old people were scattered around, even some body parts were in some places. She looked at the altar, even the priest was dead, decapitated. Her tears fell hard on her cheeks as she screamed louder and louder, she couldn't believe what it was in front of her.

"Can you stop now?" the man who was holding her hissed. Sayuri stopped yelling but continued to cry. She looked in front of her and saw eight men approaching her with their blades and coats stained with blood. She looked behind them and saw that the tenth was leaning against the exit door and that he wasn't stained with blood like the rest. As they arrived at her the one who was holding her arms let go and she fell on her knees.

"Naruki" the leader leaned forward as he spoke "See what your betrayal did?"

"My name is Sayuri, Naruki Hirayama doesn't exist anymore." the bride said between her sobs. The leader grabbed her by her red hair and pulled it harder until she faced him.

"When you talk to someone you look at him" he hissed. The woman sent him a death glare. He pulled harder of her hair and Sayuri could feel that it was going to rip off. He turned her head towards the massacre behind him and forced her to look at it.

"See this? See?" he said shaking her head. "This is because of you. They are all dead because you betrayed Akatsuki." he said and let go of her hair making her to fall on the ground on her back. "And don't tell me that crap that you're not Naruki anymore. You will always be her, once you join the criminal world you will be part of it forever. You can't do anything to change it, no matter how many names you take and how many lies you tell, you will always be Naruki, one of the most dangerous assasins in the world." he said and rose up. Naruki stared at him with teary eyes an tried to get up as well but she couldn't.

"You could have killed only me!" she yelled" They didn't deserve this, none of them! They didn't had anything to do with my so called betrayal!"

"You think that only they died?" Pein asked. "The whole village is dead, Naruki." Naruki wide her eyes open, tears fell hard on her cheeks as she started to tremble because of the anger that rose inside her. She got up on her feet instantly and rose her hands performing a seal.

Pein watched her amused as she tried to do something with that seal.

"You have the strongest technique ever known, Naruki, but it's useless when you don't have a tiny bit of chakra in you." he said smirking. Naruki lowered her hands, how could she forget that in her state all the chakra was concentrated in the lower region of the abdomen? Somehow she felt helpless and stupid. She promised to herself that she'd protect her children with all she had but how could she if she forgot that she didn't have chakra? Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt a punch in her face.

The nine Akatsuki who were in front of her, hit her continously. She got punched, kicked, stabbed and even poisoned, the puppet master, Sasori took the liberty of doing this. But even for their own surprise , she didn't lose her consciousness at all. She tried to dodge the attacks even though it was impossible for her state, but the thought that she had to protect her unborn children made it possible. At last, Pein kicked her with all his strength in her face sending her a few meters away. While airborne she twisted her body in a way so she could fall on her back. When she landed on it, she coughed blood because of the hard contact.

"You deserve this the second you left the orders I gave you", Pein said, "People who do such things, die."

Outside the torturing circle, the tenth Akatsuki watched how the woman received hits from each member and he listened to all her screams and yells. He slowly made his way towards the circle with loud steps. Naruki, after landing on the cold floor noticed the sound of the steps approaching. She rose her head and with her left eye which wasn't dark blue stared at the figure.

Her face which was covered in blood matched the color of her hair. She had bruises, cuts all over her face and she was missing a few teeth, but that didn't mattered to her. The most important thing was that her unborn children were safe.

Naruki was panting for air, but with each breath she took her chest hurt. The man with the bamboo hat approached her and leaned forward to see her better. Naruki turned her head towards him and looked through the small hole between the hat and the high collar. As she gazed at it, her green eyes locked on red ones with three tomoes. She coughed again this time harder than before but she kept her stare with him. The man rose his hand slowly and removed the hat, Naruki could see the top of his face better. The man which she loved all those years spent with Akatsuki was standing in front of her. He undid the top notches of the cloak revealing the bottom part as well. Naruki gasped, she saw that it really was him, the lines at his eyes, the mouth which she shared kisses with, the red eyes which faded to dark grey when he was only with her, the pale skin which she loved to touch and the hands which always held her tight. It was him.

She expected him to be different, but instead he was emotionless, his face showed boredom but his eyes showed anger, rage, the kind of stare which she never received from him. And another thing caught her attention while looking at him, disgust. He was disgusted with her, he didn't even have pity for her. She could feel tears falling, the man which she shared everything with was going to be the one who will kill her.

"You're weak, Naruki, you always have been." he said in a low voice that Naruki couldn't believe that it even came from him. "You let your emotions take over you, a true assasin would never do such thing" he said. Naruki stared at him with eyes open still panting for air as a sound of sword being pulled from a sheath made itself heard. She watched how he rose the katana above her with both of his hands. She still tried to catch a glimpse of sorry, pity in his eyes but it never came.

Now she realised, he was just doing his job.

"Naruki, you will burn down along with this village which accepted you in it. The one which accepted a lie." Pein said. Naruki looked at him as he put on his bamboo hat along with the other comrades. She could see the smirking faces of the criminals which slaughtered a whole village: Kakuzu, Hidan, Kisame, Orochimaru, Pein, Konan, Sasori, Deidara, Zetsu. And there was also Itachi, the one who was now holding the katana above her. She turned her gaze at the Uchiha prodigy, she saw that his eyes were redder than she had ever seen. He rose his katana even higher to give the final blow. She stared in his eyes as he lowered his katana with speed.

"They are yours." she whispered then the katana pierced through her chest making her to wide her eyes open and tense at the steel which went through her. But in a few seconds she untensed and she gave her last breath closing her eyes. Itachi watched how the hard breath went to an inexistent one. He let the katana in her body and got up on his feet not even taking one more glance at his lover.

"If that didn't kill her, then the poison will." Pein said and motioned to the others to follow him. Itachi put on his bamboo hat and all of them left the church.

After they reached on a hill they turned their heads and watched how the great Amegakure village was burning hard to pieces. Nothing will remain there, only ashes of a village that accepted a sin when it was in it's full glory.
The Awakening by atenademon
Eyes fluttered open slowly as they gaze at the ceiling. Suddenly the woman rose and looked around only to see that she was in a white room. Then, memories of a tragic day that took place went through her mind and she found herself yelling at the top of her lungs. She didn't care where she was or that someone will hear her, the pain in her heart was too big. Instinctively she put her hands at her abdomen only to find it flat, she moved her gaze down and rose the shirt to see that she had a scar over her belly.

"My babies!!" she yelled again and started to cry. She punched the matress harder and harder only to feel that the bed won't last long. "I hate you!!" she yelled again. "I hate you, I hate you, I hate YOU!!" she cried. Then a sound made itself heard and the door suddenly opened only to reveal a dark-haired man about her age with black eyes. Even if he entered the room she didn't stop crying. The man went quickly beside her and with the tip of his fingers he touched the pressure spots on her body making her to go numb and fell on her back.

"Calm yourself, you just woke up from coma." he said and the red-haired woman stopped yelling.

"Coma?" she asked with a trembling voice. "For how long?". The dark-haired man sighed and eyed her.

"Three years" he said. "I found you when I was crossing by Amegakure with my teammates, the village was burning and I searched it for any survivors." he said and made a pause. "You were the only one. Actually you were more dead than allive. I was about to quit my search then I saw you crawling outside from the church. When the four of us arrived next to you, you passed out."

Naruki thought about the things what happened that day, the guests, the wedding, Ichiro, the vows, the ten men breaking the ceremony, the slaughter, the torture and her supposed death. Tears started to fall down her cheeks at the remembrance, what reason she had now to live if her children were dead?

"Unfortunately, you lost the pregnancy because of the poison." he said. Naruki eyed him with teary eyes.

"How come I didn't die because of it?" she asked.

"I used my chakra to destroy the poison atoms which were flowing through your body." he responded. "What's your name? You seem odly familiar." the man said. Naruki turned her gaze away, if she would tell him her name, he would surely know that she was the assasin which was listed in the Bingo Book. And that he will try to gather the bounty put on her head. But why should she care? She lost the reason to live, now there was nothing that would keep her allive."

"Naruki." she said not mentioning her last name and turned to him. She expected him to wide his eyes open at the mention of her name but he didn't he just made a smirk. "Yours?"

"Sasuke." the man responded. She stared at him curiously, something told her that he was familiar also, his facial figures made him to look a bit like... 'No!' she said to herself and shook her head tossing that thought away. Sasuke rose an eyebrow at her.

"You know me?" he asked.

"No, it's just you remembered me of someone. But nevermind." she added quickly when Sasuke opened his mouth to ask something about that someone. "Where are we?" she asked trying to change the subject.

"In my house at the border between Rain and Fire Country, he said.

"We aren't in a village?" she asked confused. Sasuke turned his gaze away at her question.

"No." he said and got up on his feet. "You should sleep." he turned to the door. Naruki watched him approaching it and raising his hand towards the doorknob.

"Wait. I-I wanted to ask you if you kn-know me." she said quickly. Sasuke stopped right there and turned his gaze at her.

"Yes." Naruki eyed her eyes open at his words. It struck her, he was now going to report that he had in his house a S-rank criminal so he could gather the bounty. Seeing that tears threatened to fall from her eyes he opened the door and when he was about to close it he took a final glance at her. "You're like me." he said and closed the door.

Naruki stared at the door, what did he mean that she was like him? Why wasn't he in a village? And why did she had a strange feeling around him? Thoughts like these crossed her mind continously and she didn't realise that her eyes closed and soon her breath turned to a hard one meaning that she fell asleep.

Outside the room, Sasuke gazed at the door of his bedroom where the red-haired woman was staying. Sensing that the chakra flow reduced, he realised that she fell asleep. He took a deep sigh and took a sit on the couch still gazing at it.

"Oi Sasuke, we have been keeping her for three years now, when are we going to diss her off? You know that she won't wake up." a voice said. Sasuke turned his head towards the kitchen door where a white-haired man stood.

"She woke up a few moments ago, Suigetsu." he said while eyeing him.

"She did?" a female voice sounded this time and a red-head appeared at the door also.

"Yes, Karin." he said in a bored tone.

"What are we going to do with her now?" Suigetsu asked.

"For now, nothing. We shall think about that when she recovers." he said and turned his gaze at the door. "I'm sure she'll be good if she will join us." he said. His two teammates didn't say anything and decided to leave their leader alone so they went back to the kitchen. 'Her eyes... she helds something powerful in them. And also, her eyes are like mine, they want revenge. She doesn't show it but she wants it. She wants it very much.' he thought for himself and his eyes faded to red with three tomoes. 'Like me.'

It was a sunny day in the month of March, the birds were chirping and the smell of flowers filled the air of the forest. But the 15-year girl who was running without a stop through the leaves of the trees didn't have time to think about it.

"This can't be happening, I'm going to be late! I'm never late, why now?" she yelled and her words echoed in the forest. "He's going to kill me." she said and concentrated her chakra in her feet to skip faster on the branches of the trees.

After a few more jumps, she could see a structure ahead and a smirk crossed her lips.

"There's the estate, I'm finally there." she said between her pantings and concentrated a bigger amount of chakra in her feet for a final jump. As she did that, she landed exactly in front of the door. "Made it" she smiled and was about to open it. Right when her hand was about to touch the doorknob, the door swung open in front of her.

"You're late, Naruki!" the man said and Naruki rolled over her eyes.

"It's not my fault that the misson took place in Suna." she said crossing her arms. "By the way, why are you at the base, Itachi? she said raising an eyebrow at him.

"Waiting for people like you to get back from a simple mission that should have ended weeks ago." he said.

"But Sasori-san told me to stay two weeks more to gather information about Ichibi." she said pouting.

"Naruki, you just joined Akatsuki, the only orders you listen are the ones which come from leader."

"But Sasori-san said-"

"No, you can't blame him for your mistakes. He is a member of Akatsuki since a much longer time than you. If you would tell leader, he would believe Sasori instead of you." he said.

Naruki sent him a glare, why wouldn't he be on her side for once in his life? Even though she wouldn't forgive him for what he did when he had been sent by leader to make her to join Akatsuki, she still wanted him to accept her.

Because of his Mangekyou Sharingan, she almost took her own life with her katana. The illusion which he made, it appeared for her that she won the test and that she held the katana at his neck but in the real world she was holding at her neck. If it wasn't for Deidara to shout "Kai" then she would have commited suicide.

"Now don't just stay there pouting like a little girl, come inside and suffer the consequences like a big one." he said in a mocking tone. Naruki sent him a death glare which didn't affected very much Itachi and passed beside him to enter the house.

"I hate you." she said in a low voice and glanced over her shoulder at him as he closed the door. When he turned to her, he gave her an unusual smirk, not common for him and stared at her with dark grey eyes.

"Me too, Naruki. Me too." he said and Naruki stared at him confused.


Blue eyes opened slightly as the sun lightened up the room. Naruki rose from the bed and looked around the small room, memories of her dream, no, flashback traced her mind instantly. 'Even now, I can't forget about him.' she said to herself and took a deep sigh. She rose her head and looked around the room, she saw that it was big enough and that it had oak furniture. She turned her head towards the window and gasped. She saw there a katana, she stared at it better and remembered that it was the katana that Naruki gave Itachi for his birthday five years ago, including the ones which she spent in coma.

"Um... Itachi?" Naruki said blushing as she knocked at his bedroom door. She glanced at the long wrapped package in her hands as she waited for a response. She knocked a few more times but still nothing. She took a deep sigh and turned around to leave the door. Then, suddenly, a sound made itself heard and Naruki turned to the door again as it opened a little. She looked at it confused then made a step towards it. She held the package in her left hand and with the right one opened the door wider so she could enter through it.

When she made a step in the room, she was already amased by how big it was. Her room was nothing compared with it. She looked around and saw that the walls were black and a king-size bed was next to the wall in front of her. She put her hands on her hips and frowned.

"That's not fair. Why does he have a king-size bed?"

"Because I bought it." a voice said from behind her and Naruki yelped. She jumped forward and landed on the bed. She rose her head as she heard a chuckle coming from the door.

"At least you could have told me that you were here." she said and tried to get off of the bed.

"I opened the door, wasn't that enough?" he said.

"No, that-" she stopped as she looked at him. She wide her eyes open at the image of Itachi half-naked with a towel around his waist and water dripping from his elbow height hair. Naruki stared at his bare chest, she could see the six pack of pecs in all their greatness and the water dripping down on his skin.

Itachi chuckled at her face expression and waved a hand in front of her making her to come back at her senses. When she realised what she was doing she blushed.

"So... what's with this unexpected surprise of you coming here?" he asked drying his hair with a towel. Naruki, still blushing got up on her feet and made a few steps towards him. She bowed and rose the wrapped package with her two hands. Itachi eyed her curiously and put the towel on his shoulder.

"Happy birthday, Itachi." she said and Itachi took the package in his hands. She straightened and smiled at his surprised face. He moved the package from one hand to another frowning at it. "Open it" she said still smiling, "It's not a c1, I swear." she said giggling remembering what she did a few years ago with one of Deidara's clay bombs. Itachi took a deep sigh, apparently he was thinking about that accident too and decided to open the package.

His hands unwrapped slowly the package only to reveal a katana in a black shining sheath. He eyed her smiling face again and drew the katana from it. He measured it with his eyes. The weight, the handle, the length were exactly the ones he always asked for. He stared at it and saw that the hilt had a kanji on it.

"It's the kanji for Eternity." she said blushing. "I made the sheath and the kanji myself." she said proudly and moved her gaze from him still blushing. She heard the sound of the katana being sheathed but not even a word came from him. She took a deep sigh and turned to the door not looking at him. When she was about to open the door she felt something tickling her ear.

"Thank you." she heard him whispering at her ear, his hot breath made her to shiver and his hand brushed against hers.

"You-you're welcome." she said and stayed a few moments in the same spot with him breathing at her back.

"You smell nice, like jasmine." he said after a pause and Naruki shivered again. "I like jasmine." he whispered. Within a blink of an eye, Naruki rose her hand quickly and opened the door fast.

"I have an important mission. I have to go, sorry." she said and left the room running. Itachi stared at her back as she ran, then he looked down at his hand who was holding the katana and smirked.

"I also want a jasmine to be forever mine." he said then closed the door.


She shook her head to remove the flashback from her head and turned to look at the katana again.

"Since the day I gave this to him he never left it behind." she said and stared at the sheathless weapon. The kanji for Eternity could be seen clearly from the spot where she sat. "I put the kanji there to tell you that my love for you will last forever, for an eternity." she said and sighed. A few moments passed and she clenched her fists. "And now this is only a lie. My love for you doesn't exist anymore. Only hate!" she said and punched the matress. She rose her head and stared at the katana again. "I will kill all ten of you!" she yelled "I will make you pay for everything!" she said and threw the cover off of her. When she was about to put her feet down the door opened and a figure entered it.

"Sasuke told me to bring you some food since you're awake." Karin said in a bored tone. When she saw that Naruki was at the edge of bed she rose her eyebrow. "Where you going somewhere?" she asked.

"I want to go outside." Naruki said. Karin sighed and went towards the cupboard which was next to the bed and put the tray with food on it.

"Sorry, but no can do. Sasuke specified clearly that you must stay in bed until you recover." she said. Naruki sent her a death glare.

"I'm well enough and I can go." she insisted. Karin rolled over her eyes and took a sit at the edge of bed as well.

"Ok. Try to make a step." she said. Naruki gazed at her then decided to make a step. She got up on her feet and when she was about to make a step she fell on her back.

"Wh-What's wrong with my legs?" she yelled and massaged her legs only to see that her legs didn't even sense her hands.

"Because you were in coma for three years, you didn't use your legs to walk so they became numb and you can't use them for a period." she said like it was obvious. Naruki frowned at her.

"For how long?

"Days, weeks, months, who knows." she said and got up. "Eat, you have to recover." she said and went straight towards the door. Naruki gazed at the food, her stomach growled with hunger just looking at it.

"Thank you, but why are you helping me? she asked, her blue eyes locked on the red-haired girl in front of her.

"Because Sasuke ordered me to do that." she said and left the room closing the door behind her. Naruki stared at it for a while then her stomach growled so she took the tray in her lap. She saw that it contained some rice balls, chicken, tea and doodles. She rose a rice ball and bit on it chewing it a bit faster and smiling at the taste. It was good.

Karin rolled over her eyes as she closed the door.'Now that I'm not the only female around Sasuke I won't be able to make him mine.' she sighed. 'That stupid paralyzed. Sasuke ordering me to be nice with her and give her food. Since when Sasuke cares for other girls?' she thought for herself and leaned against the door. 'He gave her even his room. When she wasn't here I wasn't even allowed to come near it. And now she appears and sleeps in his bed.' she frowned.

"Oi, Karin, thinking again about Sasuke?" Suigetsu smirked and Karin could see his shark like teeth.

"No, you baka." she said and straightened. "What are you doing here anyway? Didn't Sasuke sent you to gather some information about Itachi?"

"Yeah, he did, but it was a fake source, nothing good came from it. The same old stuff, he slaughtered the Uchiha clan, S-rank criminal, member of Akatsuki, destroying Amegakure etc. etc. the things everbody knows." he said and sighed. "What about the paralyzed? She was there when Amegakure had been destroyed. Maybe she knows something about them." he suggested.

"Neah, I don't think she knows anything about them. She was getting married that day when they slaughtered the ones which were at the ceremony."

"That must have been one hell of a wedding." he said. "By the way, where's Juugo?"

"With Sasuke, they went to Amegakure."

"But there are only ashes there." he said.

"He believes that he can find something there." She sighed. 'Damn it, why does he always have to leave without me?'

"Right... I'm going to Konoha for some supplies. Need anything?" he asked with a smirk.

"No." she said and waved at him to go right then. He rolled over his eyes and left the house. Karin took one more look at the door then left the room.

Naruki finally finished eating and thanked Kami for such a good meal. She put the tray on the cupboard and thoughts crossed her mind again. She could only think about that day when happiness was taken away from her forever. It was also her fault that the great village Amegakure disappeared, not even one single villager survived the massacre, only her. She turned to the side that faced the window. Why is she still allive? Why didn't she died like the rest of them? What made her different from the rest of the villagers?

She shook her head in anger. Of course she was different from all of them. She was an assasin for goodness sake. She killed many targets for money and for power. The reason why Akatsuki was known that much was because of her brutal killing. She had a special way to kill persons, when the ANBU cops would find a man killed that way they knew exactly that she did it. 'I just wanted a peaceful life. But I guess that when you're an assasin you can't receive something like that' she thought and a tear ran down her cheek. 'But the children had nothing to do with my way of living. They were innocent. And I...am the reason why they died.' she said to herself.

A knock came from the door and Naruki wiped the tears from her eyes quickly.

"Enter." she said and the door opened only to reveal Sasuke. She watched him as he entered and took a sit at her feet. "Is something wrong?" she asked supressing a sob. There was a moment of silence until he turned his head towards hers and his eyes locked on hers.

"I want to ask you something." he said in a serious tone. Naruki watched him confused.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Seeing that you are the only survivor of the Amegakure massacre and that you lived when they attacked you at the church, I wanted to ask you this question. Do you know anything about the location of the Akatsuki organisation or about any member from it?" he asked eyeing her. Naruki frowned, his question didn't sounded like a demand to tell him where the base was. She thought that he knew that she had been part of that organisation. But apparently he didn't know the truth, he was asking for information since she was the only survivor of their attack and that he thought that maybe in their attack they slipped some things about them. But most of all, why was he interested in Akatsuki?

"I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them, I only know that they are criminals and that they want the Jinchuuriki." she lied. Sasuke watched her for any trace of that lie but Naruki knew very well to hide it. She had to lie him, it was best for him if he wouldn't know about them or he would get killed instantly. Right now, the only one who can stop them is her. She can kill them because she knows all their weaknesses, and also it was her duty to do that. They were all her mentors and is a rule that the pupil must defeat his master.

"Ok, sorry for bothering you." he said and turned towards the door.

"Why do you want to find about their location? she asked. He stopped and turned to her.

"Not their location, his." he said. "One certain man of them killed all the persons I loved and that were close to me." he said and eyed her. Naruki stared at him with eyes wide open, so he was an avenger.

"Do you know him?" she asked.

"I know him all too well." he said and left the room.
Memories by atenademon
Author's Notes:
I do not own Naruto characters *sigh*
Hundreds of kilometers away, outside the village of Konoha, two men were sitting on a cliff and gazed at the great walls. One of them was sitting down in a meditation stance and the other was leaning against a tree a few meters away from his partner.

"How much has it been since we last came here? Ten years?" the one which was leaning against the tree said.

"Thirteen."

"Oh that's right. Thirteen. We had to capture the Kyuubi but we failed because of his guardian. He was a mere Gennin then, but now he is the Rokudaime. It will be harder."

"Hn." his partner said and didn't show that he wanted to say anything more. The other one eyed him curiously because of his strange mood.

"What's with you today? It's not like you." he said.

Itachi made a long pause and moved his gaze at the Hokage Monument where he could see all the six faces of the Hokages. Suddenly, he got up on his feet and turned his red gaze at his partner.

"This day, also thirteen years ago, she joined us." he said and passed him. Kisame smirked at his back as it disappeared through the bushes.

"I knew that there was something between them." he said and followed his partner so he wouldn't be left behind.

Itachi walked deeper and deeper in the forest not turning his head after his partner. Inside his cloak his hand brushed against a hidden pocket and he felt the square box which was in it. His eyes narrowed, the memory of what he wanted to do with that box three years ago crossed his mind and he found himself taking a deep sigh. But the question was, why didn't he throw it? Why did he still have it? It's not like she was still allive so he could use it.

He frowned, use it? She betrayed everyone including him and he still thought about her. But the box was there, the evidence that his thoughts, no, feelings were true that day when he wanted to give it to her was there, in his pocket. Inside his cloak, he clenched his fist. How could he be so fool, how could he, Uchiha Itachi let his feelings go over him that made him weak against a mere woman? A woman. He couldn't believe it, a woman who was his teammate, his partner in sparrings and in killing missions, took over his heart.

'My heart?' he thought. Since when he had a heart that was used for feelings? He didn't have a heart for anything or anyone just for living but she, a simple girl from Wind Country changed that thing. Just with her presence near him, she changed him.

Since that faithful day when he went with Deidara and Sasori to Kazegakure, a village in the Wind Country where they found her, she changed him little by little. She was a twelve year-old girl back then, she was very small but she had an amasing power within her that's why Pein sent them to get her. "She can be a great weapon for us" . These words came from Pein and Itachi thought about them all that day. Why would a little brat be a good use for them? She was only going to be a nuisance.

He remembered very well that day. When he entered the village thirteen years ago, a strange feeling went through his body. It was a very deep feeling and didn't knew where it came from. But as he went more in the village along with his two teammates the feeling intensified. He thought only where that great ammount of chakra was coming from. He believed that it was a Jinchuuriki but he remembered that Pein told them that there was none in Kazegakure.

When a blood-red haired girl crossed his way he knew that the chakra ammount was coming from her. He told her to stop and she obeyed only to pierce him with a red glare. He stared back at her with his own red one as well. Her eyes told him that she was strong, she possessed a powerful bloodlimit called Ryakugan which was considered only a myth. But the thing that suprised him the most was that she wasn't afraid of him.

Of course, she was still a little girl and little girls always lose against stronger men. At her test he went even further and used his Mangekyou Sharingan against her. At first she fought it but the illusion was too strong for her and finally she put the katana at her neck laughing evilly that she won. He knew that he had to stop the illusion or she'll die but something made him not to do it. Even today he doesn't know what it was. He found her face very strange, her eyes which kept changing their color and hair that was red like blood made him realise that this little girl would be a great assasin.

Deidara stopped the illusion yelling the release word right when she was about to cut her own neck making the girl to startle in surprise. She threw away the katana and pierced Itachi with an even more red glare. He, of course stared at her bored but she rose her index finger at him. He rose an eyebrow at her act but she kept her state. "Someday, I will defeat you! You just watch!".

Her words full of rage back then echoed in his head and he found himself leaning forward against a tree with his both hands beside his head. He panted hard, he didn't realise that he had been running non-stop since he got up from the cliff. He remembered that all those years, the little girl spent on improving her skills and senses just to defeat him. She was very ambitious but a very shy girl in the same time. He couldn't believe that an excellent assasin like her was such a shy person. The first blush that he saw at her lasted for a few hours. She was getting red like her hair and Itachi found it very amusing so he kept on mocking her about it, but only to receive a red glare and a darker blush at the same time.

"Damn that woman." he murmured to himself. "Damn her." he whispered and started to walk again.

He walked this time at a slower pace and his partner managed to catch up with him. Seeing that he wasn't in a mood of speaking he decided not to say anything. Kisame looked over his shoulder only to see that the sun was setting in orange shades. It was a beautiful setting but he had to hurry or he would have been left behind again.

If he would have turned his head a little more late he would have caught the little glimpse of something shining in the grass. The rays of the sun setting kissed the shining golden ring with a diamond on top of it. They made even visible the kanji for "Love" written in the interior of the circle.
End Notes:
Hope you like it. I'll update as soon as possible. Also, please review!
Similarities by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Please review ^.^
"Kuso." Naruki swore. She tried the nth time these last few days to get out of bed only to fall again on her back. She massaged, pinched and hit her legs only to find that she didn't feel anything. "Move! God dammit! Move!" she yelled to her legs but nothing happened. She punched her right leg this time, but only to receive the same response, nothing. She cursed again and crossed her arms looking at her legs.

Naruki let out a deep sigh and leaned with her back against the wall. She concentrated her look on the legs and stared at them continously.

"Move!" she demanded. "Move! I said MOVE!" she yelled. "Move, I need the two of you!" she said. "I need you to help me against them!".

She made a pause from the yelling and stared with eyes wide open at the little finger from her left leg. It moved.

"Thank you." she said with teary eyes. "Now for the other ones." she said smirking.

Hours passed and Naruki struggled to make her feet able to walk. Sometimes she got interrupted by Karin who would bring her food or Sasuke who would just check up on her. Naruki observed that he wasn't a social person, he was cold, distant and she could see that from what he told her, he really wanted revenge by any cost. 'That makes the two of us, then.' she thought to herself.

'This coldness, it's so... like him." she said to herself after Sasuke left the room that night. 'He is like how Itachi was when I joined Akatsuki'. She frowned. 'He even looks like him. What if is a connection between them?'

She shook her head in anger. 'Stop being paranoid. Ichiro looked like him and you didn't say anything about him being related with Itachi and now you honestly think that the man who saved you from the burning village has a connection with Itachi.' she scolded herself. 'But still... something is strange.'

Naruki sighed and put away the tray with food which Sasuke brought her. She went to the edge of bed. 'Now or never.' she thought and her feet touched the cold floor. She rose carefully, and stood up. She made a step and for her surprise she didn't fell. Naruki let a sigh in relief and made the second, then the third until she finally paced along the room normally.

"Yes!" she jumped in air cheerfully and put her hand at the mouth, she yelled a 'little' too loud. Hearing that no one was coming towards her room, she stretched her arms and legs and smirked then she went straight at the door. She opened it slowly and saw that the room was dark, being impossible for her to see anything. She gulped and left the bedroom closing the door behind her without a noise. She made a few steps to her right thinking that maybe she'll find the way outside. She stayed too much in a house, she wanted outside.

She walked blindly with her hands forward so she wouldn't collide into a chair or table until her hands made contact with something. 'Strange. Is warm.' she said and and touched it again. She moved her hands up and down on the warm thing. 'And soft'. She rose her hands higher until she felt warm air hitting her hand.

"What is this?" she asked in a whisper.

"My face." a voice said then the lights went on and Naruki startled in surprise. She made a few steps back only to fall on her bottom. She rose her head and saw that Sasuke was in front of her without a shirt and his right hand on the switch. "I see that you can walk now." he said. Naruki blushed then a hand appeared at her face level. She saw that Sasuke stretched it and she caught it only to be lifted on her two feet. "Where were you going?" he asked crossing his arms.

"I just wanted to go outside." she said still blushing. Sasuke rose an eyebrow at her. "For air." she added. They sat a few moments like that staring at each other not saying a word until he took a deep sigh.

"Fine. But I'll go with you. It's still late for someone to go out." he said. Naruki nodded and Sasuke took a shirt to put it on.

They left the house in silence and walked through the forest which was surrounding the house. It was a silent night and also warm. 'I love summer.' she thought to herself as she walked along with Sasuke. He told her to make right and in a few minutes they arrived to a lake.

Naruki gazed at the large lake whose water reflected the full moon. It was beautiful. She went quickly at the edge of it and took a sit there, Sasuke followed her and took a sit as well. She dipped her fingers in the cold water only which amde her to shiver.

"Cold? Want to go back?" he asked but she shook her head no and retrieved her hand from the water.

"It's ok." she smiled. "This place is beautiful, I've never seen one like this before" she said.

"Hn. I usually come here alone to think." he said and stared at the water. "But it feels strange now that I'm with someone else in this kind of place." he said. Naruki smiled and splashed him over the face with with the remaining water from her fingertips making him to rise an eyebrow at her. She chuckled.

"Strange as in a bad or good thing?" she asked.

"Both, I think." he smirked. "But the first one most." he added and Naruki splashed him again, this time with real water. But he was quicker and jumped away from the water attack smirking. After the little attack stopped he landed closer to her than before. She was about to say something and he backed away a little realising that he invaded her personal space. When he did that he felt a grip around his arm and turned to her.

"I wanted to say thank you." she whispered. "I realise that I didn't told you before but... thank you. Thank you for saving me from the burning village and for taking care of me these three years while I was in coma. You probably had other things to do and I kinda got in the way, I guess." she said and blushed. Embarassed with her unusual habit to blush everytime she leaned her head forward so he wouldn't see it. But right then, his left hand rose her chin so he could see her face. She rose her gaze from the ground and stared into his black eyes.

"You're welcome" he said and rose her chin higher. "You know... it's ok to be strong, bu it's also ok to cry." he said. Naruki stared at him. "I watched you these days, you fight with youself so you won't cry." he said and made a pause. "You're still a human and you still have emotions. You don't have to hold back your tears." Naruki nodded and he let go of her chin. Before she knew it, she started to cry hard. He pulled her at his chest and she leaned into it still crying.

"I hate all of them!" she said between her sobs. He didn't say anything, he just patted her on the shoulder to comfort her. He felt saddened too, she was sharing the same experience as he did before. His happy life was taken away from him as all his family got slaughtered by his own brother and now the same brother along with his other nine partners slaughtered a family which she was going to belong to.

It was sorrowful, wedding usually meant joy, happiness, eternity but it's meaning was taken away by ten men who transformed it into a massacre. Not to mention that she lost her unborn children. He narrowed his eyes. When he found her, she had hits and cuts all over her body but her abdomen didn't took any of them. She protected them with her own life. If it hadn't been that poison which destroyed tissues, they would have lived.

"They didn't have to die." she said hiccuping.

"It's not your fault." he said and Naruki widened her eyes open. He was wrong, very wrong. The disappearance of a great village as Amgakure was her fault. Only if she wouldn't have stopped there and only if she wouldn't have met Ichiro, nothing like that would have happened. She wided her eyes open, Ichiro was a great man, he didn't deserve to die.

She was like poison, everything she would touch and anywhere she would go, people would die. Because of her.
The girl with red eyes by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Sorry this is short but I'll make it up to you with the next chappie. Enjoy chap 5 ^.^ Please R&R
She cried for a few minutes still in Sasuke's arms. When the tears finally stopped falling she leaned her head against his shoulder and breathed hard.

"It feels better, doesn't it?" he said with a slight smile. She didn't say anything so she just nodded in response.

He pulled her from his chest and they stared in each other's eyes.

"If you still want revenge, I will help you." he said. "I know that together we can make them pay for their sins." Naruki startled. Sins?

But she was a sin too. She committed sins too. How could she be different from them? Why did she thought that she wasn't like them if she did the same work as them?

She remembered that, when she was younger, they mocked her saying that she was too soft. What did they meant by soft? She did her missions very well, leader told her that. Then why was she soft? Could it be that the sight of blood always made her tremble and instead of killing the targets she let them unconscious? She was still a little girl back then, why would she like the sight of blood? Why would she like to kill?

She asked herself many times that. But, seeing that her older teammates did that including Itachi, "her rival", why wouldn't she try that too? Why would she lose against them and Itachi? She knew that they didn't repsected her because she was little, and a girl, besides Konan, who was also a girl in the organisation, but she was older and the vice leader.

So the question popped. Why shouldn't she make them respect her?

Naruki remembered all to well the day when she committed for the first time killing. She was fifteen, and her target was a man who stole money from some "banks" which belonged to the Akatsuki organisation. It was an easy mission, in her teammates consideration. Trace the man, kill him and return the goods. That was all. In their opinion but not hers.

She did as they told her, she traced the man and when he found out that he had been discovered he tried to escape her but she was too good for him. She escaped his traps and followed him until his house. He was such a clueless man.

She waited night to come and she burst in the house only to find him with his arms opened in front of her. She was confused but gazing over his shoulder she saw a woman, his wife, holding two children in her arms crying. "Take me. But leave them alone". She still remembered his last words. Why would he give his life for others? She asked herself at that moment, not knowing that she would try to do the same thing after ten years.

She nodded and killed him with just a wave of her katana. She didn't feel any remorse just... obedience. She finally did what they told her to after so long time. But something inside her told her that it wasn't enough, she had to be more acceptable in her older teammates eyes. So, not taking a glance at the dead body which was lying at her feet, she lunged at the woman who was holding the children.

She killed her too.

When she was about to leave the house she heard a small cry. She turned only to see that under the woman's body were the children. They were crying hard and tried to wake up their mother from her "sleep".

Without a word, she killed the young ones too. She left the house after her slaughter but only to let it burn down to ashes.

Yes... the memory was still there. Her one-man-kill turned to be a four one including a fire.

She gazed at Sasuke's eyes, 'I'm a sin too.' she thought. 'I am because I always did what they told me to without thinking if it was good or bad. I did those things so I could show them that I was a strong person and not afraid of killing. But deep inside me, I was terrified. I was scared of death.'

"Yes, I accept your help." she said and closed her eyes. It was a lie and she hated herself for doing this.

He didn't say anything else and soon she fell asleep in his arms.
Training by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Like I promised, chapter 6! Enjoy! Please R&R
The next day, Naruki woke up only to find that she was in her bed. 'Strange. I don't remember coming back.' she thought. 'I probably fell asleep and Sasuke carried me here.' she sighed.

She rose her head from the pillow and a huge yawn escaped her lips. She looked around and saw that at her feet were some clothes. She stared at them confused then leaned towards them. She took them in her lap and analised them only to see that they consisted in 3/4 black pants, a white top with a black belt and she saw that on the floor were some sandals. Also, between the clothes was a note.

"There are some fresh, new clothes for you. If you need or want anything, I'll be at the back of the house at the training grounds. Sasuke."

In a few minutes she got dressed and left the house. She rememebred where he was and went to the back of it. Without expecting it, a huge sound made itself heard and she quickened her pace towards the training ground. She looked around and saw Sasuke in the middle of a circle with a katana in his right hand and a chirping sound coming from it.

Naruki moved her gaze from him and saw that a few meters away there were pieces of rocks which used to belong to a bigger one. She narrowed her eyes, 'What is that jutsu?' she thought.

"I see that you've come." Sasuke said and turned his head towards her. She startled and walked towards him. Such a ninja she was, forgetting to conceal her presence. She made a few more steps and entered the cirle too.

"You said that if I wanted something I should come to you." she said. He gazed at her.

"Yes."

"I want you to train me." she said with a slight trace of red in her eyes. Sasuke caught it and stared at it suspicious.

"Ok. Where do you want to begin?" he asked.

"I tried these days to use my chakra but it felt like it wasn't there anymore. So I want to go back at start. I want to learn everything again." she said.

He stayed few moments like that looking at her, he could see that she was determined to learn how to use her chakra again. Also that trace of red in her eyes made him curious. She had a kekkei genkai?

"Alright." he said and walked towards a tree with her following him. "As you probably know already, you'll need to learn again how to focuse your chakra." he said and seeing that she didn't say anything he continued. "Try to focuse your chakra in your feet so you'll be able to walk at the top of the tree" he said.

Naruki nodded and her hands made a seal. She closed her eyes and concentrated her chakra in her feet. She narrowed her eyes, there was no sign of her chakra. Sasuke saw that.

"Try to focuse it in a certain spot that is located on your feet." he said. She nodded again and continued with her exercise.

'Kuso. I don't feel chakra at all inside me." she thought.

She spent the next minutes in the same position with her eyes closed and concentrating her chakra in the feet. Sweat started to appear and she already felt worn out. 'Impossible. I'm just trying a simple thing such as focusing chakra in my feet. Why am I so worn out?' she asked herself. 'Am I really that weak?'

She opened her eyes with shock. She can't be weak! Not now! She had to make them pay.

Naruki let out a yell and suddenly a purple flame surrounded her. Sasuke made a few steps back and watched how Naruki got swallowed by the new purple tornado. He stared at it surprised but he smirked in the same time. Her chakra finally revealed itself. 'Such a strange colour' he thought. 'I never seen purple chakra before. Usually there are blue and red.'

His thoughts were interrupted as the purple tornado disappeared and Naruki appeared in front of him smiling.

"Chakra appearance. Complete" she said still smiling. "Now for the climbing." she said and walked towards the tree.

While she walked towards it she concentrated the chakra in her feet and started to run. She made steps on it until she reached at the half of it then fell on the ground on her feet. Sasuke watched her proudly, she just tried for the first time and reached already at the half.

She panted smirking, this training was going to be ok now that she found her chakra again.

For the next hours, Naruki tried to get on top of the tree. Sometimes she put too much chakra and eventually destroyed the tree, but she would go to another one and the tranining would resume.

"Ok, we can go to the next step." Sasuke said after seeing Naruki waving from the top of the tree.

"Hai." she said and jumped only to land in a crouched position on the ground.

"Now that you remembered how to focuse your chakra through your body, you can use it to perform jutsus. You can start doing the simple ones." he said. Naruki nodded and made a hand sign.

"Henge no Jutsu!" she yelled but nothing happened.

"Concentrate more on the person you want to look like." Sasuke said. She did as he told her and made the same hand sign.

"Henge no Jutsu!" she yelled again and in her place appeared another Sasuke who was smirking.

"Good." the real one said also smirking at Naruki. Do you-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but now that I found my chakra again I don't think that I have to try all the other jutsu I know." Naruki said. He rose an eyebrow at her words. "Instead I want to practice taijutsu." she continued. Naruki knew that Sasuke would say that she should try harder jutsus that needed more chakra but she refused it so he wouldn't see her jutsus. Those were too dangerous and she didn't wanted to hurt anyone around her. And also if she wouldn't hurt, Sasuke would become suspicious about her and she didn't wanted that.

"Are you sure? You look tired from all that exercise with chakra concentration." he said.

Naruki sighed, it was true, she felt completely worn out just from the concentration. But she had to train, she had to remember how to fight.

"I'm sure, I want taijutsu." she said, red tracing her eyes. Sasuke caught it.

He started to walk away and made a sign to Naruki so she would follow him. He made a few steps until he reached a bench where were some towels and bottles with water. He took a sit and motioned Naruki to do the same. After she complied he turned to her and black eyes locked on blue ones.

"Look, I will teach you everything you want to know and I'm sure that you want to learn them fast and right." he said.

"True." she said.

"But if you want to be stronger than before, you'll have to be open with me." he said.

Naruki turned her gaze away and sighed, he realised that there was something strange with her.

"Ryakugan." she said turning his gaze at him. "My kekkei genkai is called Ryakugan. I'm the only person allive that has it. Also, it is considered only a myth, it has unknown abilities even for the user." she said closing her eyes.

"But what kind of abilities?" he asked. Naruki opened her eyes.

"Somehow it has the abilities of the Sharingan and Byakugan but at a larger scale. For example, my blood limit doesn't read the other person's hand signs so that I would be able to copy them and perform them like the Sharingan user, instead I read the future and I will do the hand signs before the person who was going to do them later. I can't see the internal chakra circulation sistem like the Byakugan but I can use my kekkei genkai to see in the distance further than a Byakugan user and I can trace a man only by the chakra flow." she said and gazed at Sasuke with red eyes. Sasuke stared at her studying the eyes. They were red with a black fang-like shape in the center of it and it was surrounded by other three black dots.

"I don't know either my abilities too well but I know that one of them is wind manipulation and the other is healing. I can heal everything from the deadliest wound. Moreover I can read the chakra signature. I can tell everything about a person by looking at him."

"What can you tell about me?" he asked. She wide her eyes open.

"You have also a kekkei genkai. But because my chakra concentration is lower than ever I can't tell very well which one." she said then frowned. "I'm not sure but it appears that you have the Shar-"

"Sasuke!" she was interrupted by a voice calling in the distance. Both of them turned their heads and saw a white-haired man running towards them with a huge sword on his back. Sasuke got on his feet.

"What is it, Suigetsu?" he asked. The white haired stopped in front of him.

"They...have...been...spotted... near...Konoha." he said panting.

"Our target or others? Sasuke asked.

"Our...target and his partner."

Naruki moved her gaze form one to the other. She could see that Sasuke clenched his fists at Suigetsu's response.

"Right. We will go to Konoha." he said then turned to Naruki. "You stay here until our return."

"Here? Alone?" she asked. There was a pause.

"Yes. I'll leave some of my summonings with you to protect you in case that something goes wrong. It's best for you to stay here since you can't mold your chakra well." he said. Naruki sent him a glare.

"Can't I really come with you?" she asked. Sasuke shook his head.

"It's too dangerous for your state right now." he said.

"When will you return?" she asked.

"I don't know."

Naruki frowned, how come he doesn't know? It's not like he wasn't going to come back, right? Somehow this target of his seemed very important to him if he reacted just at the mention of it. But it also made her curious, which one of the Akatsuki was his target? All of them commited crimes and all of them killed many persons so she couldn't figure out which one he wanted to take down.

She startled. They were near Konoha. This means that they captured the remaining Jinchuuriki these past three years and they want now the final one? The Kyuubi? She jumped on her feet and grabbed Sasuke by his arm.

"They are after Kyuubi from Konoha. You should warn them if you're going there." she said. Sasuke turned slowly towards her.

"I know. But I can't warn them."

"Why not? she asked.

"I don't belong to that village anymore. I left it years ago and I can't go back until I fulfill my ambition to kill that man." he said.

Naruki stared at him with shock. He left his village just for that man? How could he do such a terrible thing?

"Bu-But you had friends a-and family there. Why would you leave them?" she asked leaning her head down.

"My family had been slaughtered by that man and my friends there were weak and couldn't help me with my ambition. If I stayed there I wouldn't get stronger as I wanted. I would have remained weak like all of them." he said and pulled his arm from her grip.

"And you don't regret it?" she asked.

"No."

Naruki wide her eyes open, tears threatening to fall. She couldn't explain why his words made her like this. Why would she cry because of what happened to him? But she knew why.

He was like her only a bit different.

He left everything behind just to gain power from evil sources for his revenge. She left her happy childhood behind to join an organisation of criminals whose purpose were money and dominating the world. Did those things made them happy?

No.

She, which never experimentated a deep feeling like love, found that true love in the arms of her teammate but they couldn't be a real couple in that criminal world. Their years spent together had been perfect and full of happiness but they couldn't remain a couple in that world of crime. If their leader would have found out he propably would have killed them.

But he, had already love back home, his friends, colleagues, teammates, everyone cared for him but he chose to leave that love and live with only hate for that man in his heart. Such coldness inside him.

"Hate doesn't make you strong, love does." she said and rose her head to look at him with tears already pouring hard on her cheeks. "We're not good or bad, we are what our choices are when we take them. If you'll return to Konoha they will accept you, I'm sure of it. And you know as well as I do that you want to go back." she said, her lower lip trembling. Sasuke frowned and turned around.

"Do not leave the house for any reason." he said and walked away. "The four of us will be back in a few days probably." he made a few steps. "Oh and I almost forgot."

He bit his thumb and made a few hand signs.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu" he yelled and in a puff of smoke three snakes appeared. "Take care of her." he told them and the three huge snakes crawled towards Naruki surrounding her. "Don't worry, they won't bite you."

"Be careful." she said still crying. He was still with his back at her and Naruki couldn't see his face. She waited for his response but he only nodded and started to run being followed by Suigetsu.

Naruki watched his back as he got futher and further. She fell on her knees but kept her gaze locked on him. Something about him remembered her so much of the other one. She wiped the tears from her eyes and saw how he disappeared from her sight. 'Itachi, he is so much like you.'
The Escape by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Here it is chapter 7!! I'm already late to school but I had to update ^.^
Disclaimer: I do n...n...NOT OWN Naruto. Not fair, my keyboard betrayed me, nuuu! T_T
Anyway, enjoy chapter 7!!*mumbles towards the keyboard* Why, keyboard, whyyy?
Five days passed and Sasuke still didn't return. That fact made Naruki worried. What if something happened to him and the other three? Even she knew that for an Akatsuki member nothing will be considered a challenge. But Sasuke was strong, she felt that, then why should she be worried?

"But most of all why am I worried that much about him?" she asked herself loud when she was laying on the bench at the training grounds.

Since Sasuke left, she trained herself non-stop. Now that there wasn't anyone around she could try all the jutsus she knew. In her opinion the training ground won't be anymore the one that used to be. It practically had holes, craters everywhere and trees were ripped from the ground. 'I guess I went too far.' she laughed sheepishly
.
"Worried about who?" a voice asked. Naruki sighed and turned towards the direction of the voice.

"Um...no one?" she said blushing and stared at the snake. Surprisingly, Sasuke's summonings not that they were big they even talked. Somehow she was grateful, at least she had someone to talk to. In other words, three.

"But it sounded like someone." another voice said. She turned her head towards the second.

"No, it's just your imagination." she said still blushing.

"The three of us imagined the same thing?" the third asked.

"Well...." she stopped. "Hey, it's none of your business who was I thinking or talking about!"

"So you finally admit that you were talking about someone." the first said.

"And thinking." the second added. Naruki blushed harder, why did she had to slip something like that?

"What about caring?" the third asked. "Mostly this, don't you think?" the third asked and the other two nodded. Naruki got up on her feet fast and sent all of them death glares.

"It's none of your business!" she said and crossed her arms."Aren't you three supposed to protect me or something like that?" she asked.

"Yeah, we are, but there's no enemy around." the first said.

"Also we got bored." the second said.

"And we thought about making fun of you." the third said. Naruki twitched, hurting them now wasn't such a bad idea, right?

Taking a deep sigh, she calmed herself and took a sit on the bench.

"Any news from them?" she asked.

"None. But they'll be here soon, they always are." the third said.

"I hope you're right." she said and leaned her head down. There was a long silence between them only being interrupted by the hissing sound coming from the snakes. They watched her worried face and exchanged looks between them.

"Hey, break-time is over." the first one said.

"Train, or do you really want to have the same old, lazy moves?" the second said.

"Not to mention slow." the third said.

Naruki twitched at their words and rose her head. She gave them a deadly red glare which scared them.

"Slow??" she yelled then got up on her feet and started to run. "I'll show you something slow!" she yelled then jumped with her fist which had a purple flame surrounding it, towards the ground. "Take this!" she yelled again and punched the ground. Seconds passed and an earthquake started. The three snakes watched amased how a crater appeared around Naruki swallowing her fully.

After the earthquake stopped, they crawled quickly at the edge of it. They looked down and saw her in the middle straightening up.

"Hey, Naruki."

"Are you still allive?"

"Or dead?"

"Allive, thanks for concerning." she said ironically. She rose her fist and stared at it with her red eyes. The purple flame started to disappear and smoke came from it now. Naruki blew it away smirking.

"Are you coming out?" the first asked.

"We could lend you a tail but the crater it's too deep." the third said.

"So thoughtful of you." she said and concetrated chakra in her feet only to walk on the walls of the crater towards the surface. When she reached there the snakes made space for her. They exchanged looks.

"So?" the second asked. Naruki looked at him confused.

"So...what?" she asked.

"What jutsu did you use?" they asked in unison. Naruki shrugged and turned to look at the huge crater.

"Even I don't know. But it seemed powerful." she said and rose her fist again to stare at it.

"Maybe it's from the kekkei genkai." the first said.

"Yeah...maybe." she said after a pause still gazing at the crater.


Later that night, after Naruki finished her training, she went inside the house to have dinner. There was plenty of food, enough for her to eat for one month. While she was preparing her food, a light apperead at her window and after a few seconds a huge noise followed it. Naruki startled at the loud noise and looked through the window.

"It started to rain." she said announcing her three "companions" then continued to prepare the food. "A storm, better said." she said in a low voice. The other three watched her curiously, they could see that she was trembling.

A sound made itself heard and Naruki rose her hand. She broke the handle of the pan which she was holding. She didn't realise that she tightened her grip that much around it.

"Are you scared of storms?" one of them asked. She didn't say anything but they heard a sniff very well.

"No, it's just that I have some memories about one storm of this kind."

"Care to share it with us? Maybe you'll feel better." the third said. She shook her head still trembling.

"No. Memories like these ones are meant to be forgotten."

"But you still have them." the second said. Another sound made itself heard and the handle which she was holding broke in two. Without taking a glance, she threw the broken pieces on the floor and stopped the fire from the oven.

"Nevermind, I'm starving." she said cheerfully and took the two pans from the oven then poured food in a plate. She turned around and went towards the table where she took a sit. The other three gazed at her surprised. She had sudden change of moods everytime and they couldn't explain how could she do that. She also poured some tea in a cup and thanked Kami for the meal. "Oh, and I almost forgot." she said smiling. She got up and took some matches from a drawer and a bowl in which were some plants in it. She lit the plants and put the bowl on the table at the center more exactly. "That's better." she said and took a sit.

"What is it?"one of them asked.

"These are the plants which you saw me gathering today from the forest." she said smiling. "These plants, when they caught fire they let out a a beautiful smell. You can smell it, can't you? she asked. The three snakes gazed at her and they also felt a sweet aroma filling the air.

"Yes." they said in unison and started to move their bodies to left and right. Naruki smirked and sipped her hot tea murmuring 'Perfect timing.'

"What's with these plants? How did you know about them?" the third asked.

"There are things which you don't know really about me." she said smiling and took a bite.

"Why am I feeling so dizzy?" the first asked.

"Maybe you're sleepy." Naruki said still smiling. Suddenly the other three turned their heads at her looking at her.

"You put something in it, did-" they were cut off as they fell on the ground with a loud thud. Naruki sighed and got up. She touched each one to see if they were unconscious.

"The plants I gathered are used for animals to calm them and eventually neutralize them. Like sleepers.r1; she sighed and got up on her feet. "I guess Sasori's teachings in plants and their use come handy sometimes." she said and turned around. She looked at the clock. "They'll sleep ten hours from now. Good. They won't be able to trace me." she said and took a pen and a paper from her pocket. She wrote something on it and after she finished she let it on the table. After taking another glance at the sleeping snakes she left the kitchen. "Sorry guys, but I have important things to do." she murmured.

She packed some supplies in a backpack which she found in the house and the ninja equipment which Sasuke left so she could use to protect herself. She took a black and white cloak from the dresser and put it on. After she finished packing and equipping herself she left the house only to meet hard pouring rain. She made a few steps away from the house and bit her thumb.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu!" she yelled and from a puff of smoke a huge bird appeared.

"Oh Kami-sama, who summons me in this time of weather?" the bird chirped and looked around until her eyes met the dark figure in front of her. "You?"

Naruki lowered the hood which was covering her face and stared at the large bird. The bird blinked twice and leaned forward to see her.

"Naruki? How can this be? There had been news that you died. News telling that Pein and the rest of Akatsuki killed you." the bird said alarmed.

"Yes, Ayame, I'm Naruki. I survived somehow. You know that nothing can kill me easily." she said eyeing her.

"So it is you, I would recognise that voice and attitude from anywhere." the bird said. "So what's with this summoning?"

"You know what I want." Naruki grinned.

"Let me guess, revenge?" the bird asked.

"You got that right." she said and climbed on Ayame's back.

"Where to?" the bird asked. Naruki made a pause to think.

"Take me where Amegakure used to be. I need to take some things from there first." she said.

Ayame nodded and flapped her wings in order to fly. The rain was still pouring hard and sometimes lightinings appeared on the sky also being followed by thunders. Naruki was glad that she took a cloak with her or she would have been already soak from all that rain.

"Hold on tight, with these lightnings you'll never know where they'll strike." Ayame warned her. Naruki nodded and tightened her grip around the feathers. She turned her head and watched how the light from the house was disappearing in the distance. 'We will meet again, Sasuke.'


Two hours passed and they continued their journey towards Amegakure. The rain was pouring harder than ever and Naruki felt cold. She started to shiver and tried to cover herself between the feathers but those were cold too.

"We're here." Ayame said and swooped towards the earth. In a few seconds she arrived there and landed on it. Naruki climbed down from Ayame's back still shivering and looked around. She gasped.

There were only runes in the places where great buildings used to be. She couldn't believe that nothing remained from this beautiful village. She spent only 8 months there but she grew to love it like her own village. The villagers were nice and respected each other. She looked at her right and saw the remainings of some walls.

"Wait here." she whispered and walked towards the walls. When she arrived in front of them she touched the cold rigid stone. 'Hatakeda Compound' she thought looking at the symbol engraved on the wall. It was a circle with three lines coming from it's center. They held for peace, love and unity.

She took a deep sigh and walked through the entrance whose gates had been ripped off. The compound was big, more like a neighbourhood. She made a few steps and saw a lot of houses which were roofless or missing walls but on the remaining ones she could still see the circle symbol. The place was very silent, only the sound of falling rain and thunders broke that tranquility. It was such a terrible sight and it had a dark aura. With each step she made the memories of the day kept on rushing through her head making her to feel more guilty than ever. She started to tremble at the thought that this was all her fault.

Naruki walked along the houses silently until she reached the biggest one. She let out a whimper at the sight. This was supposed to be her house after she would have married Ichiro. The large building resisted the fire and it still had the roof and the walls. She remembered why she was there and looked to her right and saw an oak. It was still there as she remembered. She walked towards it and stared at it. There she had her first kiss with Ichiro and in the same place he proposed to her. Even though she didn't have deep feelings for him, she cared for him as a close friend and loved him as a friend.

Shaking her head, she made a few hand signs and the oak started to move from it's place leaving a hole behind. She leaned on her knees and looked at the hole. She searched it for a few seconds until her hands found something. She took it out only to reveal a large box with a big lock on it.

A lightning appeared on the sky making the black box with a red cloud on it more visible. Without taking a glance at the cloud, she rose on her feet and started to walk towards the mansion as the oak covered the hole behind her. She went through the non-existent doors and entered the mansion.

Safe from the hard rain, she let her hood down and took a sit on the cold floor which surprisingly was dry. She took a candle from her pocket and lit it with some matches. The hot flame which was coming from the candle made her feel warmer than before. She put the box on the ground and stared at it.

"Kai" she said and the lock opened by itself. She glanced over it and something shining caught her attention. She touched it and felt a soft fabric. Frowning, she took it from the box and saw that it was a black cloak with red clouds imprimed on it. A tear escaped her left eye and she threw the cloth at her right not looking at it.

She searched the box and found also the bamboo hat which suffered the same faith as the cloak. She stared inside and a smirk crossed her lips. She took her Akatsuki clothing which consisted in a fishnet, grey pants, grey shirt and shin guards. Between them was her headband which had a large scratch on it and also a little box. She opened it and took her ring from it. She stared at the red ring with the black kanji on it and put it on her left ring finger. In the light, the kanji for Suzaku (Phoenix/ Red Sparrow) could be read. Fire, immortality, resurrection, somehow the ring represented her.

Taking a deep sigh she searched the box for other things. It didn't take long and another smirk crossed her lips as her hands made contact with two things at the same time. She took the two katanas in each hand and stared at them with a grin. The left was black, and the right was white. Yin-Yang. She smiled, her katanas helped her so much those years back then, not to mention that she received them as a gift too. Yes, Itachi gave them to her as a present. The black-white symbol also represented her. It represented her two sides of personality which were opposite each other. A fierceful tigress in the battle field but a scared kitten back at the base.

She put them aside and searched the box for the last thing. When she touched it she took it from the box and stared at it. It was a necklace which had a red fang attached to it. She moved her gaze from the necklace to the candle light then outside where it was raining. 'It feels so nostalgic.'
End Notes:
So this is it!
There'll be a flashback in the next chapter. Dun dun dun, what could it be? Can't wait myself O_O Please R&R. Ja ne!
And there was one night... by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the wait. Chapter 8!
Warning: This chapter contains mature content, if you're not old enough to read this then I suggest you to push the back button ^.^
Disclaimer: Someday I will own Naruto T_T you just wait *evil laugh*
It was night and it was raining hard. The wind was blowing hard through the trees of the dark forest as two figures were skipping on the branches not being held back by the powerful wind. One of them was holding a body and the other was right behind him searching the area in case that they were followed. They escaped the last five ambushes easily but the rain was really annoying and the need of shelter was increasing.

"We're almost at the estate." the one who was holding the body said. "What about our pursuers?" he asked and looked over his shoulder at his teammate.

"None, they quit following since we entered the forest." the teammate responded. "Want me to hold Gobi? You held him since we captured him and maybe your arm is sore."

The other one shook his head.

"We're already there." he said. The other one looked in front and saw that he was right, the building was right there. Both of them concentrated chakra in feet and in a jump they landed at the door.

"What shall we do with him?"

"We'll go later to the cave for the extraction." he responded and they entered the house.

The one who was holding the body made right and entered a small white room where he put it on a table. The other one followed him and checked if the body had pulse.

"Still allive."

"Hn."

Both of them took off the wet cloaks and put them on a chair which was next to a wall.

"How come you didn't kill him?" Itachi asked.

"Well, I almost did but they have to be kept allive for the extraction, right? the other said gazing at him with blue eyes.

"Too soft." Itachi said and smirked. Naruki rolled over her eyes but a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Am not. I did all the work, I fought him, you just stayed on a branch and enjoyed the battle." she said crossing her arms. Itachi's smirk didn't disappear and he approached her. Before she would realise what he was doing he already was only inches away from her face. "Wait. Somebody might- " she was cut off as his lips locked on hers in a passionate kiss. She wanted to break it but a part of her enjoyed it so she kissed back while a grin crossed his face. His tongue touched her lips asking for entrance which she gladly gave by parting her lips. His tongue sink in her mouth and explored each part of it. "I hate to break it to you but we are both wet, covered in blood and there's a dying person next to us." she said mumbling between his kisses.

"So?" he asked and pulled her closer. She was about to say something but a knock on the door interrupted them and they broke apart.

"So you finally came." Kisame said smirking. Itachi and Naruki stared at him emotionless only Naruki's blush was ruining the cover. Damn her habit. "The extraction will be delayed until tomorrow. Leader didn't say why but these are his orders." he said and eyed them curiously. "Did I interrupted something?"

"No." both of them said in unison and they took their cloaks then left a confused Kisame alone in the room. Seeing that there was no one around they smiled at each other and kissed shortly.

"Want to have something to eat? she asked. He nodded.

"Hn. After I take a shower." he said and kissed her one more time then went upstairs to his room.

He slowly made his way over the woodened floor of his bedroom and quietly opened the door to the attached bathroom. His bare feet moved on the cold floor towards the shower. He leaned over it and turned the water on. His hands went slowly to the end of the shirt and took it off along with the fishnet, revealing a pale but very muscular body, then he took off his pants and boxers. A deep feeling of relaxation went through his body as the hot water warmed him.

Suddenly he heard the door of the bathroom opening and turned to see what happened. He saw a person coming towards the shower door. Before he could say anything, the door opened and there stood Naruki, grinning a little evilly and watching him from head to toe.

"Is someth- " before he could finish, placing her small hands on his chest and pushing him lightly until his back touched the shower's wall, Naruki walked into the shower fully clothed towards him, he looked confused as blue eyes full of happiness stared into his dark grey ones. Naruki grabbed his face as her red locks caressed his heated cheeks and she leaned closer to his face softly pressing her lips onto his. Itachi was surprised but responded back to the kiss, his hands moving lazily over her back.

"Take...them...off. " she said between the kisses and Itachi slipped his hands behind her back pulling her closer to him only to rise the shirt over her head and tossing it out of the shower. His fingertips traced her spine softly, making her moan quietly onto his lips.

"Naruki" he whispered as his hands made their way to her neck. Pulling her closer to his face he kissed hungrily on the lips. The tip of his tongue pushed lightly on her lower lip asking for entrance, she parted her lips his tongue slipping in, then she opened her mouth wider, letting his tongue sink in and they explored each other's mouths.

He wrapped his arms around her and leaned lower to kiss her neck, his body pressed hard against hers. Naruki blushed, a wonderful sensation went through all her body. She turned redder when he started to trace her collarbone with his lips. He reached at the special spot where neck meets shoulder and sucked. Naruki moaned loudly. She leaned forward and their lips met. She couldn't help it, she was melting into him.

Slowly, Itachi took her in his arms and carried her in bridal style still kissing her through the door towards the bed. Naruki felt lightheaded and liked the feeling of being carried by Itachi. She looked around the dark room and her eyes locked on the candle which was on the cupboard next to the bed and which was emanating an intense smell of jasmine. She smiled and turned to him.

He put her down gently and came on top of her still kissing. Realising what he was doing he pulled away before it was too late. He looked at her face, her pure eyes of inocence, now filled with lust stared back at him confused. He looked in her eyes questioningly.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

She didn't answer but instead she grabbed his neck and pulled him towards her kissing him again, Itachi understood that it meant "yes" so he leaned over her and responded to the kiss. Naruki stopped the kiss and pushed him aside so she could reach on top of him, Itachi stared at her body grinning, slowly her hands made their way to the back and took off her bra, revealing her breasts. Itachi took another look at her and smirked. She leaned towards him and resumed the kiss then started kissing his neck, trailing a tongue down from his neck, over his chest, and down his abdomen, following the 6 pack of pecs, and down even further around the belly button.

She returned to his lips, Itachi pushed her over and reached on top of her again, he started to kiss her neck down to her collarbone then breasts slowly licking the top of them making her moan of pleasure and playing with them while sucking, then abdomen, belly button and hips, his hand made his way to the pants and took them down gently along with the panties. He continued to kiss her inner thighs, then legs while Naruki ran her fingers through his hair. She pulled him closer and felt his hot breath hitting her soft skin, making her arch her back in need of more body contact and cried a lot more in pleasure. His lips found hers again, she pulled him even closer and kissed his lips hungrily ,then she wrapped her legs around him and gasped when she felt his hard member against her entrance and also making her feel scared. Itachi noticed that.
"If it hurts too much, tell me and I'll stop." he said and kissed her again. Listening to his words, Naruki smiled and the fear started to fade away.

"I'm ready." she said pushing her waist forward, Itachi's hand gripped the sheets as he slipped his member into her slowly.

"Ita..chi". the moan which escaped her lips made him almost loose control. He stopped but she looked at him saying that it's ok. Itachi moved his mouth up to her and kissed her lips as he started to move, making her moan again in pain. He thrust again in intense heat and Naruki bit his shoulder trying to maintain the moans until a red line appeared. Itachi gasped closing his eyes. The pleasure was just too great.

Naruki continued to moan in his throat then sucked the bite on his shoulder. The pain started to fade away only to be replaced by pleasure. She left the neck and started to kiss him back on the lips, then Itachi moved faster and deeper, soon his breath turned to be uneven knowing that he is almost there. The body underneath him tensed up, meaning that she was almost there too, her breasts rubbing against his chest, he lowered his head kissing her collarbone, she gasped and pulled him closer. They both came in the same time, his semen sprung inside her as pleasure went through every part of their body, a pure bliss.

He got out of her and fell beside her breathing a little hard. Grabbing each other's hands, both looked at the ceiling, smiling. Then they turned their gazes at each other and he pulled her at his chest. He kissed her forehead and traced his fingers through her long red hair. Naruki listened to his fast heart beats. Suddenly she felt a grip around her chin and felt how his hand rose her head to look at him. She stared at him, those dark grey eyes which only she was able to see stared back at her. She saw many feelings in those eyes and found herself smiling at him. He leaned forward and kissed her lips once again. There was no need for words.

Blue eyes fluttered slowly as the light of the morning sun greeted her smiling face. She moved her hand to her right only to find nothing. She rose quickly and saw that he wasn't there anymore. 'Was it a dream?' she asked herself. But when she looked around she saw the dark room and she realised that it was his room, not to mention that she was naked. A smile crossed her face as her eyes met a tall figure sitting at the window looking through it.

She got out from the bed soundlessly and went straight to his naked form. When she arrived right behind him she rose her right hand and put it on his shoulder. He didn't turn around but continued to look through the window. She frowned but looked also through the window. The rain stopped and the sun was shining bright on the blue sky. It gave her a warm feeling.

"The storm passed." he said in a low voice. Naruki smiled and leaned closer to him and kissed his shoulder, then she wrapped her arms around his neck. He turned to her and she saw that he had a serious face. Disappointed, she tried to pull back but he kept her arms around him. "You know what this means, don't you?" he asked gazing at her. She stared at him confused. "You'll be in danger if we'll get caught and I care too much about you to let you get hurt." Naruki turned her gaze away and bit her lower lip. It was true, she would be in danger.

"I don't care." she said turning to him. "I love you and I want to be with you no matter what." she said. Itachi sighed and pulled her closer at his chest.

"I know." he whispered and kissed her forehead. When they broke apart, Itachi rose his right fist and Naruki saw that he had something in it. He opened it and she saw that it was a necklace. She looked carefully and saw that it had a red fang attached to it. He motioned her to turn around and after she complied he put it at her neck. After she turned to him his dark grey ones locked an her green ones. "This is one of Gobi's and I want to give it to you since this had been our first mission together. And also that we'll always be together." he said. Naruki stared at him with eyes wide open and didn't knew what to say.

"Th-thank you." she said blushing. He chuckled and leaned forward to see her face.

"When you'll look at it, you'll remember our promise." he smirked.
End Notes:
Please R&R, ja ne!
The Oath by atenademon
Naruki stared blankly at the burning flame of the candle. She rose her left hand and put it at her heart.

"With you still here, I can't fulfill what I have to do." she said and closed her eyes. "But I won't cry, tears will never fall again from now on." she said and opened her now red eyes.

She got up and went towards the cloak and hat. She took a sit on her knees in front of them and rose her right hand with the necklace above them.

"With this I will remove you from my mind and heart. I will broke that promise." she said and crushed the fang in her hand. She let the dust slip through her fingers on the cloak. "My body and my soul won't belong to you anymore. Because this body has a new heart, one which holds only hate and despise for you." she said then leaned over her black katana. "They won't belong to you anymore, because this body has a new mind. A mind which holds only thoughts and knowledge about revenge." she said and rose her katana at her head. With the other hand she grabbed her red hair and pulled it in front of her. Without taking a glance, she cut it.

After gazing at the mass of hair in her hand, she threw it over the pile.

"This is for a new promise." she said and stared at the cloak, hat, dust and hair. "I will kill the ten of you no matter what. I won't quit even if it means dying in the end. I'll gladly die but only if I take all of you with me." she said and got up on her feet still gazing at the items. "This is for all the targets. Tiger." she said and made a sign. "For Kazegakure which you destroyed after I joined you. Snake." another one. "For Amegakure. Dragon" another one. "For Ichiro. Rat. For my babies. Ox. And last but not least, ME. Tiger." she yelled. "Katon: Karyuu Endan (Fire element: Fire Dragon Flame Missile)" she said as a jet of fire escaped her lips and went straight to the pile.

She made a few steps and stared at the things which were burning hard.

"You were right only about one thing, Pein." she said. "Once you join the criminal world, you will always be part of it." she continued and a smirk crossed her lips. "But this time it will be different. It won't be anymore about money and power. It will be about justice." she said and made a pause. "Because, I, Naruki Hirayama, will grant that justice. Not like a payed assasin but like an avenger." she yelled staring at the burning fire. "Prepare yourselves." she said and turned around.

Without taking a glance at the fire, she took the two katanas and put them around her waist. She stared at the box with cloud on it and within a blink of an eye she took it and threw it in the fire too. She looked over her shoulder at the flame for on more time then went towards the exit.

Surprisingly, the rain stopped and the full moon could be seen on the new cloudless sky. Naruki made her way through the houses not looking at them until she arrived at the gates where Ayame was.

"Done?" Ayame asked when Naruki arrived in front of her.

"Hn." she responded rising her hood in order to cover her face.

"I remember this village, it was very beautiful when I brought you here 3 years ago."

"I know." Naruki sighed.

"Where to now?" Ayame asked while leaning down so Naruki could climb on her.

"Let's go and visit an old friend, if you know who I mean." Naruki smirked.

"I heard that he retired, I don't think he is in the business anymore."

"No matter. I'm sure he'll get back in business when he'll see me." Naruki said.

"You're probably right. But it's a long journey. Five days until Kazegakure." Naruki startled.

"Kazegakure? What do you mean?"

"The remaining villagers decided to reconstruct it. Also he moved there after his retirement and he helps around there like a normal person so his buyers won't find him."

"Is he wanted?

"No, it's just a coincidence that he quit after your presumed death irritating the buyers when they needed him and that they couldn't find him." Ayame responded. "Also he changed his appearance, no one knows how he looks right now."

"I know how to find him." Naruki grinned. "Just take me there."

"Ok, ok." Ayame rolled her eyes and flapped her wings.

As they got higher and higher, thoughts crossed Naruki's mind. 'Reconstructed, huh?' she said to herself and smiled.
End Notes:
Please R&R Ja ne!
Kazegakure and its prestigious clan by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Woohoo, chapter 10! Hope it makes it worth the wait.
Please review!
Kazegakure. Naruki couldn't think of a better place than her own childhood village.

Borned in one of the most respectable clans from the Wind Country, Hirayama, she was the youngest child in the family of of five sons and one single daughter, her. Hirayama, was also a prestigious and a noble clan, it's ancestors founded the village and also it was known for it's excelent ninjas and powerful jutsus based on wind.

Naruki, since she was little, always lived in the shadows of her older brothers and always tried to become like them. Her parents, Kenshin and Yumiko Hirayama were the captains of all ANBU squads and also her grandfather was the leader of the village. Only greatness would run through the veins of such family, except one person.

Because his sons became already top ninjas like him or even greater, Kenshin had the same expectations for his only daughter as well. He loved his only daughter very much and knew that she was different from all of them and that she would be greater than anyone, but seeing her clumsiness, shyness and her fear of fight or blood, he couldn't believe that she would become even a ninja. He kept on telling her to do better when she would reach her limit or that it wasn't enough. She was little right then, she couldn't understand what her father meant when he told her that she had to do better or why. But she understood one day.

When his oldest son, Kenji, activated the Ryakugan, Kenshin always mentioned him to anyone anywhere, he kept on telling that he was truly his son and that he was proud of him. Naruki saw something in her father's eyes which she never saw before, acknowledge. He acknowledged Kenji as his son. She knew that if she wanted her father to be proud of her she had to do the same thing as Kenji, activate the kekkei genkai.

Back then, Ryakugan was known for it's own will of choosing the user. Not everyone in the Hirayama clan could possess the bloodlimt, it was said that only the worthy ones could do it. But she had to activate it, worthy or not, she had to be acceptable in her father's eyes. She can't be a little girl forever and she can't let her father look at her with the same eyes telling that she had to do better.

When Kenji had recently become an ANBU captain at age fifteen and had to go on his first mission, things changed in just one single day. Naruki was seven and was training hard back then so Kenshin would recognise her, Kenji and the other four brothers knew about Naruki's stubborness when it would come about their father, some of them would cheer her but some of them wouldn't, telling her that she shouldn't be affected by his words. But she wouldn't listen, she had to make him recognise her no matter what.

Before his departure, Kenji thought about visiting his little sister. He was very protective with her and cared for her very much. He would sometimes supervise her training or even help her. He knew that under the cover of a shy little girl stood a very strong person. That day, she also had her final exam in order to graduate at the academy and become eventually a Genin. In Kenji's opinion that wasn't a problem, she was very intelligent and had only A's but she thought that it wasn't enough for her father.

He got out of the house and went towards the training grounds that morning, Naruki would practice before breakfast there. He went silently and hid behind a tree so he wouldn't disturb her. He watched how she hit the targets with the shuriken or kunais in the center perfectly, surprising him. Such speed, such agility, it was better than even his.

"Not good enough. Otosan won't be pleased." she said in a tiny voice while she was panting hard on her back on the ground. "One more time." she said and got up shaking. Kenji wide his eyes open at the sight, she was practically exhausting herself even more. The determination he heard in her voice and how her body moved because of those words, it gave her somehow strength but that's not how it had to be done. She didn't have to push herself that much. Naruki hung her head backwards in order to remove the red hair from her face and started to throw weapons again at the targets with more speed.

"She doesn't have to be like this, she's just a girl." Kenji murmured.

"She has to be so she'll be ready for becoming Kage." a voice said. Kenji turned his head to his right and saw Kenshin sitting a few meters away from him. His dark hair covered his face but Kenji could see he had his blue eyes blocked on Naruki.

"Kage?" he asked.

"That's right, it has been settled since her birth that she would become Kage." Kenshin said and made a smirk. Kenji stared at him surprised but he immediately frowned and stared at his father with rage.

"It's a great honor for her becoming a Kage but that doesn't mean that she had to be like this ." he said and moved his gaze at Naruki who was panting hard on the ground because of the exhaustion. "She does this so you, her father will accept her greatness. She just wants you to look at her proudly and say that she is your daughter. You never told her how great she was, you just said that she had to do better." Kenji said.

"I know I didn't told her those things. I said that it wasn't enough so she would understand what lies ahead of her when she'd get older. We are at war now, Kenji, Kazegakure won't be the village that used to be and when she'll become Kage she'll understand what it is to be done." he said and made a pause. "Even if I don't tell her, I am proud of her. I am proud of her since she was born. I knew that she will become a great ninja despite her clumsiness and habits and I'm sure of that."

"But it wouldn't have hurt if you told her that. It would have given her even more strength knowing this." Kenji said.

"Just watch her and you'll understand what I mean." Kenshin said and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Kenji stared at the place where his father used to be still thinking at his words until something caught his attention so he looked down.

"Kenji nii-san, are you ok? You seem a little spaced out." Naruki said in a tiny voice smiling while pulling by his shirt so he would look at her. Kenji stared at her smiling face for a while and he smiled also.

"I'm ok, Naruki." he said. Naruki blushed and turned her gaze down.

"Ano... you saw me earlier?" she murmured. Kenji leaned on his knees and put his hand on her head muffling her red hair making her pout.

"Of course, you were better than ever." he said smiling.

"Do you think that otosan will say that it was good?" she asked still blushing. Kenji's smile broke and stared at her face covered with bruises and some cuts.

"Ne, Naruki, why do you do these things to yourself? You have bruises all over, don't they hurt?" he asked concerned. Naruki rose her head and stared at him confused.

"No, they don't hurt. What things?" she asked.

"This training, why are you doing it?" he asked looking in her eyes. She thought about his words for a few seconds then a smile appeared on her face.

"I am doing it so I will become just like you and otosan. You two are very strong and I'm not that good so I want to be like you." she said in a cheerful voice. "I want to become better and better so I will be a ninja someday." she said. Kenji stared at her confused.

"What about otosan? What did he told you?" he asked.

"Oh, you were worried about that, nii-san?" Naruki chuckled. "Okasan explained to me yesterday." she smiled. "I know that otosan tells me to do better than I always do but that doesn't mean that he doesn't like me, right? Okasan told me that I'm still his little girl and he will always love me like he loves the five of you older brothers and not less. So now I'm training hard so he would like me even better and to show him that I followed him in becoming a great ninja like you did." she smiled.

Kenji stared at her smiling face with eyes wide open. 'That's what he meant?' he asked himself. 'She's right, he didn't do anything which meant that he didn't recognise her as his daughter, he just made her more ambitious so she could gain more strength than ever to become a Kage.' he thought and a smirk crossed his face.

"Also, otosan had always been watching me while I was training." she said smiling then her smile broke. "Promise you won't tell anyone? But I sensed him everytime sitting there." she whispered and pointed to the place where Kenshin stood a few minutes ago. Kenji smiled and leaned forward to hug his little sister.

"I'm sure he watched you like me." he said and kissed her cheek after they broke apart making her blush. "Want me to get you at the Academy? This is a great day for you, becoming a Genin." he said smiling. She shook her head.

"Iie, this is a great day for you too Kenji nii-san, you have your first mission as a captain." she said smiling. "If you'll go with me you'll be late." she said blushing.

"Are you sure?"

"Hai and I'm sure that otosan will be there to watch how I'll become a Genin." she said smiling.

"He told you that?

"Iie, but something tells me that he will." she said cheerfully. Kenji stared at her then nodded in agreeance.

"You're right." he said and got up. "Let's get you ready for the graduation, shall we?" he asked and Naruki jumped in air smiling.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And she was right, Kenshin had been at her graduation. Sensing her father's chakra there with her she did all she could and passed the exam being on top of the class. Of course, it had beed a great joy for her, she showed finally her abilities and she was on top. But right when she was receiving her hitai-ate from the teacher, she didn't sense him anymore. Did he just left her right when she was about to receive the true evidence of her success?

After receiving many cheers from her friends, schoolmates and teachers she went finally home. Happy and dissapointed in the same time she went slowly towards the Compound. Even now she still remembers what she saw that day.

The mission which Kenji received was a fake one, the enemy ordered it so the top three ninja squads would be sent to accomplish it. The enemy squds ambushed them and killed every single person weakening the village even more. It was a great loss for Kazegakure but it was an even greater loss for the Hirayama family, they lost one of their strongest children. But the one who suffered the most was Naruki. Her protector, her best friend, her own brother died that day after he just wished her good luck for her exam. The success of the graduation didn't matter any more now that he died, she couldn't show him that she was going to follow him in becoming a great ninja.

Because of the great loss, Kazegakure had no more powerful defense leaving it open to the enemy. Because of the chaos there had been even battles between villagers. The supplies were getting lower and lower now that the only source had been cut by the enemy leaving the villagers die in hunger or in need for medication. The Hirayama clan used thir strength and fought against the enemy for the sake of the village. Naruki could still remember the lonely nights which she spent at house only to hear the sounds of battle being carried just outside the walls of the village. Each day she watched how the village was getting destroyed little by little and each day she watched how members of her family died. Uncles, aunts, cousins, even all her brothers died in battle, she couldn't understand why this had to happen to them. They were part of a random peaceful village so why would anyone attack it? But another blow came to her one day.

Without expecting anything, Naruki stayed home that day as usual only knowing that it was a terrible fight outside. But when her mother rushed in her room and started to cry very hard telling that Kenshin died in battle too, the whole world collapsed. Kenji, all her brothers and now her father died leaving her and Yumiko alone. Why did it have to happen to them? Have they done something wrong to suffer a punishment like death? What is the true motive of such brutal killing?

Knowing that there was nothing to be done, the Kage, her grandfather, went to their leader finally admitting defeat and tried to make peace with the enemy, but for their surprise they refused it saying that they will make peace only with the extinction of Hirayama clan. That was even the day when her grandfather had been seen for the last time, such disgrace to kill a man when he comes to surrender and to make peace. It seemed that they didn't even held honor nor respect for the dead. They didn't even return Kage's body.

Thoughts like these made Naruki shiver, everything collapsed within one year. She watched how everyone who was close to her died until she remained alone. She still remembers now her mother face when she died to protect her. When the Kage died the enemy finally took over the village and started to rule it as they pleased. The village even got weaker than before, man killing each other just for nothing or fun and ravaging the remaining good things.

Yumiko and Naruki, the last remaining Hirayama members tried to escape the village but they got caught and Yumiko remained behind so her daughter will survive. She was just eight years old and the fact of her mother dieing had been imprimed on her mind for an eternity. Why someone pure as her mother had to be killed like that? She even witnessed how her mother got beaten, stabbed, hit and finally killed. It was beyond words how a child would feel when he would see his own parent killed. But she died to protect her child and when she saw that Naruki was safe she passed away with relief.

For her dismay, Naruki couldn't get out of the village and continued to live in that world of death not knowing her true existence for the next four years, until three man came to get her out of that place. In the same day she obtained the Ryakugan, just feeling threatened by one of them made the kekkei genkai appear. She failed the test of hurting the person but somehow they still held interest for her so they took her.

She was grateful for that, now she didn't have to fight for food or run away from anyone, it was freedom. But it also had a price, those three men even destroyed the remaining village. Even though she didn't considered it her village anymore she still had been born in it and lived her childhood there.

And now it was reconstructed, would it be another village of chaos? Or the one she always knew?
The Dealer by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Wow I upadated it in just 2 days!
This is chpater 11, people, I hope you like it. Please review or rate, I don't mind, heheh. Ja ne!
"Oh man, I really have to quit this shitty job of helping people around. It kills me. All these years I had to help them so they could build houses and restore everything. And after all these years, they didn't fucking finish them! Idiots!" a young man with silver hair yelled out loud while he was walking down the street. The other villagers turned their heads at him only to sent death glares. He laughed sheepishly and started to run away so he won't get beat. He made around a corner until he reached a safe road and sighed in relief. "That was close." he said and massagged his back. "But caring around those construction materials, sure is tiring." he sighed and made a left around a corner towards his house.

He walked along the street in silence glaring at the people who were building houses or caring materials around. 'This will be a new beginning for the great village Kazegakure.' he thought for himself and smirked. 'The one you always hoped for.'

The silver-haired man waved at a few villagers who knew him or even helped some of them around. Even though it was a tiring job he always did it, he felt like doing it and somehow he even liked it. The villagers would thank him for his kindness and he would receive respect from them. They weren't like the ones he used to help years ago so he was grateful for that thing. He would just help with rising a piece of wood and everyone would thank him.

Taking another sigh, he arrived in front of a small house which he built it himself with his own hands and which was his house. He entered it and went straight to the kitchen. After his job he usually had a drink, it always made him feel better and relaxed. Also, you couldn't find sake like the one made in Wind Country. Just thinking about it, he smiled. It had been a tiring day and he had to receive a prize for it.

He went straight to the high cupboard where it was all his stash of sake and opened it. He searched it for a bottle but his hand didn't met anything. He searched it again more carefully but still...nothing.

"Where did I put them?" he asked out loud and turned around. "Did I put them elsewhe-" he stopped. "Oh, that's right, living room." he said and left the kitchen. He went towards the living room and when he saw the bottle on the table in front of the couch, a mile crossed his lips. 'There you were.' he thought and walked to it. Right when he was about to grab it, another hand appeared and took it from him. He stopped and turned his head to his right only to stare at a person who was sipping from a cup.

"Mmm, there's nothing compared with Wind Country made sake, right, Kohaku? the person said after finishing the drink. The silver-haired man stared with eyes wide open at the person not believing who it was. 'Red hair, blue-green eyes, the redness in cheeks. It's....her?' he asked himself then his surprised face turned to one of anger.

"What kind of a sick joke this is?" he yelled and eyed her with rage. "I don't know who the fuck you are or how in the fuck you got in my house, but leave now if you don't something bad happen to you." he said and pointed to the door. For his surprise the woman chuckled and got up on her feet. He stared at her smiling face as a deep feeling went through his body. 'Th-this huge ammount of chakra... coming from her....could it really be her? No! She's dead, she must be one of my buyers who try to find me."

"Kohaku, you really don't remember me?" she aked cheerfully.

"I don't know who you are and I don't know who are you fucking talking about. I don't know any Kohaku person." he said. "Leave now." he said. The woman laughed harder and approached him. He made a few steps back staring at her.

"Kohaku Fushida." she said and closed her eyes. "You still talk like that with anyone. I thought that I was the only exception." she she said smiling and her eyes faded to Ryakugan.

"It's really you?" he rose an eyebrow at her. She chuckled again making the redness in her cheeks more visible.

"What do you really think, Kohaku-kun?" she asked.

"I really think that you got taller and.... a new haircut?" he said and a smirk crossed his lips. She moved her gaze at her shoulder length hair and traced her fingers through it. Then she moved her gaze at him and made a few steps towards him. They stared at each other for a few seconds until a squeal was heard through the house.

"It's so good to see you!" she yelled and jumped at him to hug him. He laughed and hugged her too, patting her on her back. Then he stopped and puller her away.

"But I thought you were dead." he said. Naruki's Ryakugan faded back to blue-green and stared in his black ones.

"I survived somehow." she said and made a few steps back.

"Don't tell me. Itachi?" he asked clenching his fist. Naruki sighed and made a small nod.

"And the other nine." she said.

"I told you years ago that nothing good would come if you'd stay with him." he said.

"I know. I know. " she sighed then eyed him. "But you only told me to stay away because you were jealous." she said. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

"That's the second motive." he said. "And you can say now that I was right. Why don't you ever listen by the way?" he asked.

"Alright alright, can we forget the past now?" she asked sighning. "The future is more important now."

"You're right." he nodded. "So what's your true reason of coming here?" he asked.

"What do you mean? she asked blushing.

"Come on, I'm sure you didn't came just for a small talk and to see how was I going." Kohaku said. Seeing that she didn't say anything he continued. "And if the reason is what I think it is then you came here for nothing." he said and took a sit on the armchair which was behind him. Naruki frowned at his words and leaned forward to reach his eye-level.

"I need your help." she said.

"I can't help you. I'm not in that kind of business anymore. I retired." he said and moved his gaze away. Naruki let out a noise and straightened.

"At 27 you just can't say that you retired!" she yelled and stared at him like she was about to hurt him. He didn't say anything making her more angrier. But she told herself that if she was going to be like that, he won't help her. So taking a deep sigh she calmed herself and leaned again to reach his eye-level. "Look, I know you have your own reasons to quit that job. I'm sure of it. But now you really have to help me."

"You're begging me for help?" he asked and turned to look at her.

"No. I'm demanding you." she said. "Because it's your duty to help me. You made an oath."

"I made that oath because you told that you'd listen to my words but you didn't and beacause of that the oath doesn't exist anymore." he said. Naruki wide her eyes open then leaned her head down, tears threatening to fall.

"I-I'm very sorry about the past and about all those things said or done back then. I was only thinking about my existence as an assasin and only about missions. I was truly selfish and I never thought that even though I did those things there were people who still cared about me." she said and rose her head, tears already pouring down on her cheeks. "Bu now I'm a different person, a new one. And I want only one thing: revenge. Not only for me but for my family, Kazegakure and Amegakure. None of them deserved to die because of me. I want to make a good thing before I die and that is to make justice. I did only wrong things for whole my life and I firmly believe that this one is the right thing to do and I'm putting all my strength, will, power in it to make it worth all the waiting for." she said and her eyes faded red. "And for this I need your help."

Kohaku listened to her words carefully and watched her tears falling down her cheeks. She never saw her like that before so it was a new thing for him. He leaned closer and rose his hand in order to wipe the tears from her face. He made a small smile and approached closer until their faces were only inches apart.

"I never gave up on you." he said. " When you were thought dead, I knew that you were somewhere else still allive. Because you made that oath too." he smirked. Naruki's crying face went to a frowning one and stared at him with anger.

"I knew you were still the same old pervert." she said. "You can't be serious for one mintue in your whole life." she said and backed away but he caught her by the hands and held her in the same place. She sighed. "Will you help me or not?" she asked.

"Only if you'll say please." he said. Naruki rolled over her eyes made a fake smile.

"Please?" she said between her teeth.

"And a kiss." he added. Naruki twitched and punched him in the jaw when she saw that he was getting closer.

"You damn pervert! No wonder you don't have anybody close to you." she yelled and got on her feet.

"Well you are..." he was cut off as Naruki jumped on him and started to hit him again.

"Get your mind off of it!" she yelled still hitting him.

"Alright alright. I'll help you" he said while dodging the attacks with his bare hands. When she heard him she got off of him and made a few steps back smirking. "You didn't have to be that rough." he said massaging his jaw.

"You'll get better sooner or later." she said. He took a deep sigh and got up as well.

"Come." he said and started to walk. Naruki nodded and followed him behind.

After they left the living room they went up the stairs. When they reached a spot, he made a few hand signs and suddenly a door opened from the ceiling and staircase fell down. He went climbed those stairs too and grabbed her by the hand so she would climb them too. After she got up too, he motioned her to turn around. When she complied she let out a small noise at the sight.

In front of them were shelves with katanas, large or medium-size kunais, shuriken each sharper than it's predecessor, sword, bows, arrows. Sheaths with different kanji written on it or different colours shone in the light which came from the window. She saw also many scrolls, hilts, ninja gear, each different and containing highly rank equipment. Also there were ninja armors, some were light and not too defensive, some were heavy but very defensive, she could see clearly that each material had it's own disadvantages and advantages. She saw even medpacs or bottles filled with strange liquid, poison maybe or antidote.

"Do you still have the Yin-Yang?" Kohaku asked breaking Naruki's line of thought.

"Yes, she said and took her two weapons from around the waist and gave them to him. He took them out of the sheaths and stared at them, studying them.

"I found a new way to make a weapon more powerful. You'll be able to burst your wind chakra through them, making them more sharper and accurate with each blow." he said.

"I'll be very grateful if you'll do that." she smiled.

"See something you want?" he asked moving his gaze at the shelves behind her. She made a smirk and turned around to stare at the gear.

"Many." she said.

"Upgrading the Yin-Yang will take me two weeks, you can stay in Kazegakure if you waant, train, help people around, not hitting me, everything you like.

"Yin-Yang is really your craftship?" she asked still gazing at the shelves.

"Hai, Itachi ordered them about five years ago. It was strange, no one requested specifically what colour or logo the weapon must have, but he did. He really wanted the black-white symbol. I didn't knew back then why he wanted them so much but after I saw you with them it made everything clear." he said in a low voice. "These had to be my masterpiece, I worked so much at them, they had to be perfect."

"Why did you really quit being a dealer? Everyone knew about the weapons you made and the ones you were selling. You earned a lot of money." she asked and turned to him.

"Well... this kind of question I cannot answer." he smirked. She sighed and turned around again.

"What about the book? Do you have it? she asked.
"Yes, it's in that box over there." he said and Naruki moved her gaze at the box. It was small, black and had a circle symbol on it. Only a Hirayama member can open it and since you are one..."

"Kohaku?" she said and turned to him.

"Nani?" he asked rising an eyebrow.

"Arigatou. For everything." she said and leaned her head down. Kohaku made a smirk and sheathed the two weapons which he was holding.

"Don't mention it. It's what friends always do." he said and made a smile. She rose her head and stared at him.

"Yeah. Friends."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

During those two weeks, Naruki trained herself daily and non-stop. She opened the box easily and took the book from it to learn. It was a Book of Techinque which would help her maintain her jutsus longer or make them stronger and efficient. While her katanas were being upgraded she used other ones in order to train her sword skills. Also she bought or went outside the village to get some plants which, she was sure, that would help her.

Not being in the Bingo Book anymore, she wasn't a danger for the villagers not to mention that they didn't recognise her either as the red-head woman who killed many people. She was happy for that too, she could walk around the town like an average person. In her spare time she helped people around with the construction. Kohaku was right, the village would be the one she always knew as her true home.

The village was set among high hills, but on a certain hill was a special location. The Hirayama Compound. She could see clearly even fromt he center of the village the houses which were built up there. So many memories she had there with her family and true happiness she felt there. Why did everything had to collapse so early?

She felt that she was about to cry and restraining herself she turned her head away. Suddenly, she felt a pressure on her shoulder so she looked over it.

"Sad, isn't it? One of the greatest families of this villages lived there and all of them died in just one year." an old woman said. Naruki stared at her face confused. Why did she had a strange feeling about her?

"Yes it is." she said wiping the tears which escaped her eyes.

"What's more sad is that we don't have a leader. The will of Hirayama said that the successor of the previous Kage had to be a certain woman." she said and eyed her.

"So this means that Kazegakure won't have a leader except her?" she asked frowning.

"That's right." she said and made a smile.

"She doesn't want to be the leader?" Naruki asked.

"No." she said shooking her head. " It's not like she doesn't want to. She's just... lost." she smiled.

"Lost?" Naruki asked chuckling. "Where? In world?"

"No. In her heart. She lost herself because she took another path, a path of sin." Naruki wide her eyes open at her words. "But she returned to the right path. But because of the heart she wanted to create she lost her way again." she said smiling.

"Who is this woman?" Naruki asked.

"The woman?" the old lady asked. "I don't know her personally." she smiled.

"Are you sure? You talked like you knew her." Naruki rose an eyebrow.

"Yes. I have never seen her before." she said and turned around. "See you later, miss." she said and waved. Naruki stared at her for a few moments then after the oldy lady walked away, she started to run after her.

"Wait. What's your name?" she asked, but she didn't receive an answer as the old woman disappeared. 'Such a strange a woman.' she thought. 'Who was she?'.

"Oi, there you were!" a voice said and Naruki turned around.

"Oh, Kohaku-kun." she said and watched him while he was panting. "Are you alright?" she asked.

"Yeah. I just ran my way here. You are really hard to find." he said. Naruki chuckled and patted him on his shoulder. "They are ready." he said after straightening up. Naruki stopped her laughter and became serious. She tightened her grip around the basket with plants which she was holding.

"Yosh. Let's go." she said and walked away.

Kohaku stared at her back still panting and made a smirk. 'I lied when I told you that back then those were my masterpiece. These ones are.' he thought and started to walk after her.

After they arived at Kohaku's house they went straight towards the attic. She put the basket on the floor and turned to look at Kohaku who was holding the two weapons. He made a few steps towrds her and lend them. Naruki stared at the shining black-white sheaths and took the two blades out of them. She wide her eyes open at the sight of the weapons which she was holding. She could sense how her chakra responded to the blades. She swifted them, cutting the air as they let out a sound. The left was black and right was white, the blades were sharper and the hilts were made of another material which she had never seen at a sword before. She saw that both hilts had Kohaku's symbol meaning that he made them and also a kanji. She made a smirk and rose her gaze to look at him.

"Red?" she asked and rose her right hand. "Crimson?" she said and rose her left hand. Kohaku made a smirk and approached her.

"Bride." he said and pointed at her. She made a small nod and sheathed the weapons.

"I'm leaving tonight." she said while putting the swords around her waist and rising the basket. His smile broke.

"So soon?" he asked.

"Yeah, you know that I don't stay at one place for a longer period." she said and made a small smile then turned around. "I'm going to prepare myself." she said and went towards the shelves with the gear.

"You can take everything you consider that it will help you." he said and made a few steps.

"Hai." she said and felt his hand on her shoulder. He leaned forward until his face was at her ear.

"Be careful with the chakra control. You have a huge ammount of chakra, I tried to make the blades support your chakra but they will succeed only 3/4. If you'll put all your chakra in them, the seal will broke and you can imagine what will happen then." he whispered and tightened his grip." And be careful with the other seal, as well..."

"I know." she murmured. "I wouldn't forget about it even if I want to."

"Do you need anything else?" he asked and let go of her shoulder.

"Information about them, location, missions, their whereabouts and where is the new base." she said.

"I'll see what I can gather by tonight." he said and turned to leave. "I'll let you prepare yourself." he said and left.

Naruki stayed a few seconds then taking a deep sigh she took a place at a table and emptyed the basket.

"Antidotes for all the poisons Sasori uses." she said and started to prepare the plants.

She used all her knowledge about poison and anitidotes. When she joined Akatsuki, leader ordered that she would receive training from each member. She could still remember their brutal, hard and sometimes fatal training, but if it wouldn't have been like that then now she would have already been dead. Their training increased her will power, strength, chakra control and also intelligence. She would find a strategy everytime no matter the situation.

Preparing the medicines it took her about three hours and after she finished she poured each one in small bottles then attached them to an arm band. She rose from the table and went directly to the shelves in search of an armor. There were many kinds of it, different colours, materials but only one caught her attention. She smirked as she approached a black-white one.

It was like her previous Akatsuki clothing but it didn't matter to her. It had black pants, a fishnet, long black shirt and a white chest armor. Still smiling she took the clothes and changed herself into them. She also put on arm guards and the shin guards in feet which she already had. It was tight but she could still move freely. After that she placed her katanas around her waist and the arm band filled with antidotes. She took two pouches and filled them with many scrolls, shuriken, kunais, wires, exploding notes, grenades, needles, soldier pills then attached them to her right leg and at her back.

"I guess that's all." she said loud and turned to leave. She made a few steps then stopped. "Maybe I should take them with me too." she said than turned around. She took some notes which held for "Supress" and put them in her pouch. She took also the black book which she studied these two weeks and a black cloak. "All set." she murmured and left the attic.

When she arrived downstairs she saw thorugh the windows that it was already night. 'Time flies.' she thought then went to the living room.

"Kohaku?" she called.

"Here." he said and Naruki turned to see that he was sitting in his armchair sipping from his cup. "Ready?" he asked then got up.

"Yeah." she said and watched him as he made steps towards her.

"I have one more thing." he said and took something from his pocket. She stared at it with eyes wide open and took it.

"M-My headband?" she asked.

"Hai, I removed the scratch. It was difficult but I succeeded." he said smiling. "And also these." he said and his smile broke. He took papers from his pocket also and gave them to her. "These are all I could gather. Not very good news also." he murmured. She let a deep sigh and took the papers and put them in her pouch. She rose her hands and tied the headband around her forehead.

"I will make them good." she said and let her hands down.

They stared at each other for a few seconds in silence until Kohaku amde a few steps and hugged her tight. She huggd him back and tried to hold back her tears.

"Stay allive." he said after they broke apart. She made a small smile and leaned her head on her right.

"You know that I always do that." she said and rose her hand. "Just believe that."

"I always believed but this time is different." he said and shook hands with her. She shook her head.

"It had been the same everytime. Each time I came to you I always left saying that I have to go to them." she said smiling.

"And I couldn't stop you." he said.

"This will be the last time when I'll say that I have to go to them." she said and winked.

"Promise?"

"Promise, that's my word as shinobi of Kazegakure." she said and left.
End Notes:
Kukuku, this is it. What do you think of it? And what is that seal about? Kukuku, can't wait to see myself.
Please review, it would surely give me courage to continue.
Gathering Information by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Fool ya! I will forever have time for red crimson, muhaha! Although I really had that block, I wrote nothing good these days, and this chapter I ended just a few minutes ago. Please tell me what do you think of it. Good or bad?
The brightness of the blinding sun set over the forest and the delighteful fragrance of pine trees made it even more beautiful. It was a very warm day in the summer and the song of the birds filled the walls of the forest. A fast-flowing river crashes its way in a froth of white water through the valley, its roar echoing for miles around. The river is surrounded on either side by tall, green trees, majestic in their beauty. The place held only tranquility and silence until steps on the forest floor broke it. The person stopped right at the river and leaned forward to take a small drink of cold, refreshing water.

A small crack in distance made itself heard and the person jerked his head towards the direction searching for anything suspicious. As he moved his hand at his back where his pouch of kunais was the bushes in front of him started to move and he stared at it more cautiously. Suddenly, from the bushes a head of a deer appeared and looked around. The man let out a sigh on relief and watched how the deer approached also the river. He didn't made sudden moves and the deer which probably didn't notice him leaned down and drank from the river.

He watched the animal as it sipped water then saw that it's ears twitched. Within a blink of an eye the animal disappeared in the bushes and the man jumped a few meters away as he threw some kunais in the bushes at his left.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" he asked out loud still looking around for any glimpse of his enemy.

"If I knew that you were going to be like this then I should have stabbed you from the beginning." a voice echoed.

"Reveal yourself." he yelled and he moved his gaze at his right. His eyes wide open at the sight.

"Missed me." the person in front of him said smirking.

"You! You're supposed to be dead, Naruki!" he said. Naruki sighed and swung one of his kunais on her index finger.

"Wrong, I'm not dead, Kabuto." she said and threw the kunai away and made a few steps towards him. Kabuto straightened up and rose his glasses.

"What bussiness you have with me, Naruki-san?" he asked. Naruki made a small smile and red flashed through her eyes.

"To tell me where's the Akatsuki base." she said and eyed him.

"Why do you think that I will tell you?" he asked.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way. Tell me where it is and I'll let you live. If you won't then I'll torture you until you spill out the information and soon die." she said and put her hands on the hilts of the katanas. "The choice is yours."

"Yare yare.... Naruki-san is very convincing as always." he said and sighed.

"You can tell me where's the base to have your revenge as well. They killed your master one week ago, didn't they?" she asked.

"How could you possibly know that he's dead?" Kabuto asked surprised.

"Why else are you alone, in this forest hundreds of kilometers away from any village? You ran away from Akatsuki when Itachi killed Orochimaru because he tried to take control of his body for the second time in his life." she said and made a smirk.

"Orochimaru-sama is not dead." he yelled.

"Enough talk about them, tell me where's the base." she said, her grip around the katanas tightening.

He didn't say anything and continued to stare at her.

"For the last time. Tell me where's the base!" she yelled, her eyes already faded to Ryakugan.

"I'm sorry Naruki-san but I can't do that. I have to defeat you first." he said and made a few hand signs. "Chakra no Mesu!" he yelled and focused chakra in his hands. Naruki's smirk grew even wider and recovered her hands from the hilts and took a fighting stance.

"I see that you want it the hard way." she chuckled. "No matter, soon it will be over, Kabuto." she grinned.

Without saying one more word, Kabuto lunged at her with chakra flowing from his hands in order to slice her muscles and blood vessels. Naruki saw him and jumped away from his attack. She flipped in air and tried to kick him in the head only to be dodged by him smirking. They broke apart and he landed a few meters away smirking.

"The same old Naruki-san." he smirked. "And same old moves." he added. Naruki didn't say anything but smile.

"For the second time today, you're wrong." she said. Kabuto rose an eyebrow but right then a kick had been planted in his back sendind him meters away. The two Naruki's watched how he disappeared in a puff of smoke then both of them threw kunais towards the real Kabuto which was standing on top of a tree. He blocked them with his kunai but the two Naruki ran towards him and jumped high in order to reach him. Not expecting it, he received two kicks in the stomach making him fall. One of the girls grabbed the other one and threw her towards him. Seeing that she was coming with her fist forward, he blocked it and tried to land a punch but she dodged it.

They were falling with speed towards the ground but both of them were preoccupied to hit each other. Then they land with a loud thud creating a crater around them. Naruki jumped away and made hand signs.

"Katon: Goukakyuu no Jutsu!" she yelled as a huge fireball escaped her lips and went exactly towards him. After the smoke cleared, Naruki sensed danger and blocked his kick from the back. She turned to him and made a smirk then grabbed his leg and threw him away. He landed in a crouch position but when he looked up, he saw that there was no trace of her. He straightened up and looked around for her. He focused chakra again in his hands and prepared himself in case Naruki would approach him. Suddenly the wind changed and he looked up. He stared for a few seconds as petals surrounded him and swallowed him like a tornado. 'Daffodil petals?' he thought for himself. The petals started a dance and he found himself amased by it, he looked at them blankly and thought only how beautiful they were. Then, a petal detatched itself from the others and went straight towards him. He smirked as he got the tiny sharp petal between his middle and index finger. He rose his hand and made a sign.

"Kai." he said and the petals disappeared, he looked down and stared at the shuriken which he was holding. Then he rose his head and saw Naruki standing in front of him. She made a small smile and started to run towards him. Kabuto straightened and started to run as well. Naruki tried to hit him with force. She spinned on her heels and fingertips so she could plant kicks and punches on Kabuto which dodged them with effort. Seeing an opening, Kabuto lunged at her and planted a hit on her stomach then on her legs. Naruki wide her eyes open and jumped a few meters away. She put her hands on her stomach and coughed blood then fell on her knees.

"Kuso." she murmured and tried to get up but with no success. Kabuto smirked and approached her with chakra flowing around his hands
.
"It's no use. You can't get up." he said. Naruki stared at him with rage but a smirk also crossed her lips and her eyes went redder.

"You forget who I am." she grinned then disappeared from his sight. He sensed danger and turned around only to see Naruki airborne coming to him with her leg forward. He stared at her surprised as purple chakra was surrounding the parts which he hit earlier. He rose his left hand and grabbed the foot then with the other one hit her in the muscles. She grimaced in pain but after he recovered his hand from the spot, purple chakra surrounded it too. She made a smile then twisted in air and hit him in face with the other leg. She send him a few meters away and then she landed in a crouch position.

He fell on the ground on his back and coughed blood. He stared at her as the purple chakra disappeared and she walked towards him.

"But how?" he asked and wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth. She made a smirk.

"Heal." she said and started to run towards him.

She caught somethin in the corner of the eye but continued to run. He was ready for the contact but instead of trying to hit him, she practically put her hands on his shoulders and jumped, with her legs she caught a kage bunshin of his and threw it in the second, both of them were coming from behind her. She jumped higher and punched the third one which was above her. Seeing that there were no more kage bunshin she landed behind the the real one and hit him. But he disappeared in a puff of smoke too.

"Stop using kage bunshin and fight for real, coward!" she yelled. "Or now you realise that you're no match for me?" she smirked and drew her white katana. "I suggest to come here and surrender if you don't want to die by the next jutsu." she yelled and her katana started to glow. She looked at a tree where he was hiding behind it. "There's no use in hiding I can see you very clearly." she said and her katana glowed brighter. "Come down and I'll spare your life." she said.

She waited for him to come down but instead he straightened. She also saw that he healed his injuries then came from behind the tree.

"What makes you think that I'll surrender, Naruki-san?" he smirked. Naruki scowled and rose her katana, pointing at him.

"Fine. Then I'll show you something new." she said and made a sign and a wind started blow. "If you really want to die. So be it." she yelled and rose her katana above her head. "Fuuton: Kaze no Tsurugi (Wind Element: Sword of Wind)!" she yelled and let her arm down.

Suddenly the wind which was surrounding her blew harder and went straight to the trees in front of her. In just a second, many pine trees got cut in pieces and fell on the ground, dust filling the air making it hard to breathe or see. She stared emotionless at the opening she created and made a few steps towards it. She appraoched the tree on which he was earlier and leaned forward. She removed a few pieces and revealed his face which was covered in blood and cuts. She was about to say something until his eyes opened. He blinked a few times then his eyes locked on hers.

"I let you live on purpose. I still need your information, Kabuto." she murmured. For her surprise, he smirked.

"You're so naive, Naruki-san." he said. Naruki stared at him confused. Then without expecting it, she felt a hit on her back. She wide her eyes open and turned slowly. She gasped at the sight of another Kabuto standing there. She started to cough blood and tried to rose her hand but she felt more pain coming from her chest.

"I cut your principal vessel from the heart, you'll die in two minutes. Maybe five if you won't move too much." he smirked. She felt numb and her head leaned forward, being hard for her to keep it up. She coughed harder and Kabuto recovered his hand. he sent her a cold look and tried to heal his wounds which were bleeding hard. "Your technique seemed powerful, I barely had time to dodged it." he said. Naruki murmured something barely audible. "What?" he said and leaned forward to hear better.

"Wrong." she said and he backed away confused. Then, he felt something cold and moved his gaze down. For his horror he saw two blades coming from chest, he moved his gaze at the Naruki in front of him and for his surprise it disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"I told you that you'd die." a voice whispered in his ear from behind him and he turned around slowly. He wide his eyes wide open at Naruki which was holding her two katanas. She sent him a death glare and removed her katanas from his chest, making him bleed harder. She quickly leaned down and with the tip of her fingers she touched spots of his body. "And now you won't be able to use chakra in order to heal." she sighed and sheathed her katanas. He fell on his knees in front of her still coughing blood. She leaned down until she reached his eye-level. "Tell me where it is and I'll heal you. You have only a few more minutes maybe seconds until blood will fill your lungs and you won't be able to breathe anymore. Now I'm the only one who can decide if you're going to live or not." she murmured. Kabuto coughed again but Naruki could see that he was smirking.

"Yare yare Naruki-san... you have indeed... changed a lot." he said between coughs. "I have never seen you before helping one of your targets." he continued.

"Many things change, Kabuto. And so do I." she said and he rose his head to see her.

"I don't care if I die or live, there's nothing that connects me to this world anymore." he said and Naruki was about to lose her temper when she realised that he wasn't going to help her. "But I'll grant your wish." he smirked. "I'll tell you where the base...is." he said. "It's somewhere in the Fire Country. I don't know either the real location. But it will be easy for you to find it since you're used to this type of hiding the base." he coughed. Naruki gave him a grateful look and pityful one in the same time. She straightened up and stared at him.

"Are you sure you want to help me? she said. "You know, I'm the real one who killed Orochimaru when he left Akatsuki. After his encounter with Itachi, he had weakened so I found him and cut him from that state." she said expecting him to curse her. For her surprise Kabuto chuckled and after he stopped, he rose his head higher to see her.

"I'm very sure. I knew you were the one who took Orochimaru-sama's life." he smiled. "I betrayed many people so betraying Orochimaru-sama isn't a very strange thing to do." he coughed. "But thank you anyway for your- how do you say it?- ah yes, kindness. I'll die peacefully not holding a grudge against you. I know that you're doing this for a right thing, not very common for you." he said then his eyes went wide. He fell on the ground his face being buried between dust and splinters. She took a deep sigh and turned around not taking another glance at the dead body.

Suddenly she stopped and rose her head to stare at the sky. Dark clouds covered the sun and a rumble of a thunder made itself heard in the distance. She turned around and gazed at the half destroyed forest in front of her.

"Thank you." she whispered and started to walk away rising the hood.


XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Two shadows emerged from darkness. Not being held back by the strong wind, they approached the already fallen trees until they reached a human body. They stared at it for a second then they moved their gazes at the forest which was cut in front of them.

"It seems that somebody else did the job for us." one of them said and smirked.

"Hn." the other one said leaned forward to look at the body. "Yakushi Kabuto. Dead." he said.

"Who could possibly do such damage?" the other one asked still staring at the forest. "Do you think that it was her?" he asked again. His partner straightened and gave him a glare.

"She is dead, Kisame." he said. "No one could survive that day." he added. Kisame noticed that his partner spoke somehow different about her death. Remorse? No, his partner doesn't hold feelings like these for anyone. But it was strange anyway.

"Maybe you're right. But the chakra that still fills the air... one with a great chakra ammount came here. A Jinchuuriki, perhaps? he asked.

"Iie." Itachi said. "It would have had a demonic aura but it doesn't." he added.

Itachi straightened and made a few steps away from the body staring blankly in front of him, analyzing with his Sharingan the surroundings. Pieces of trees everywhere, dust still filling the air and also dead animals were scattered around. It was a cold sight, sending shivers down the spine.

"Oi, Itachi, look at this." Kisame yelled and Itachi approached them quickly. He leaned forward and saw that next to Kabuto was a unsheathed sword. He took it in his hands and stared at it for a second. He twisted and he saw that it was very familiar. His hands felt the soft fabric which was wrapped around the hilt of the sword. Rising an eyebrow he unwrapped it and moved it up to his nose. He took deep breath from it then his eyes went wide open and his hand gripped the fabric with rage.

"Jasmine." he murmured and looked at the sword. He saw that it was his sword from back then. The one which she gave it to him. He saw the remains of the 'Eternity' symbol but it had been almost erased. 'Erased, hm? So you broke the promise.' he said to himself and got up.

"What is it?" Kisame asked staring at the sword.

"She's back. The Red One." he said and threw the fabric over Kabuto.

"What? But she's dead, we saw that day. There's no possibility-" Kisame was cut off.

"Iie. She is allive." Itachi said and turned around. "The signature of the seal which only she has is still around. And also... the sword." he said and moved his gaze on ther sword.

"But it's impossible." Kisame said. Itachi turned with his back at him.

"Take Kabuto at the base, mission accomplished for now." he said.

"What about you?" Kisame asked.

"I'll go and finish something that I had to do almsot four years ago." he said and started to run.

Leaving the forest floor he started to skip on the branches of trees faster. His cloak fluttered in the hard blowing wind as cold drops of rain started to fall. His right hand tightened around the hilt of the katana, not letting it go.

"It was supposed to kill her." he grunted. "How can she be still allive?" he asked himself. He frowned at this preposterous question and concentrated chakra in his feet to speed up his pace making the branches break because of the high pressure now that he added more chakra.

He let a deep sigh and closed his eyes. Rising the katana at his eye-level, he opened them and stared at it with dark grey eyes.

"Impossible. That woman... how could she survive?" he asked loud.

He refused to call her by the name, only hearing it, his senses would go wild and he would find himself destroying everything around him. She made him so full of rage these almost four years. It was like those days back then when he was only with her and without a care in the world, didn't even existed. He refused to acknowledge that they spent every moment together or that they had been in love.

Smashing a tree with his bare hand, he rose his head higher and stared at the dark sky with red eyes, rain drops flooding his face.

"This time I will kill her. No mistakes."
Visiting a friend by atenademon
Author's Notes:
OMG two chapters in two days! This is new.
Disclaimer
Me: *Enters cocky theme* Yes I do own Naruto characters, muhahaha!
*knock on the door* Mother: Tanya are you still dreaming about owning Naruto?
Me: Sheesh mom, leave me alone in my fangirl world *cries*
There you have it, sadly I DO NOT own Naruto, but I would love to XD. Anyway, this is chapter 13, rate and review please.
The bright sun glimmers through the leaves of the forest. Birds hang on the branches, singing sweetly in the warm summer air. It was hot that day and the villagers of Konoha could feel it.

"Oh man, why do I have to guard the gate this day? It's too hot, I can hardly breathe." a voice whined. "It's not like anyone will come to the village through this gate, no one uses it." he added then he let out a deep sigh and fell on his chair. "Stupid job, I should have accepted the one to guard the front gate, at least there were people using it."

Tap tap, tap . The man rose from his chair.

"What's with this sound?"

Tap, tap, tap.

"Steps?" He leaned from his position to see if someone was coming. He looked through the gate at the forest. Suddenly, mist appeared. "Mist? In this kind of day?"

Tap, tap, tap.

"Is someone there?" he yelled and stared at the mist in front of him. He watched it carefully and finally a silhoutte appeared, the sound of steps could be heard louder and louder as the person approached.

The guard's eyes wide open, the person coming towards him had a black-white cloak and it's hood covered the person's face. As soon as the person arrived in front of him, the guard gulped. 'What's with this chakra? It's suffocating.'

"H-H-Halt. Name and your b-bussiness in Konoha, please." He said with a trembling voice. The person in front of him stopped and turned to him. He could feel that the person was looking at him, although he couldn't see his face. After a few seconds, the person nodded and rose the left hand which had a ring and let the hood down. Red eyes blocked on his and he made a few steps backwards. The woman in front of him smiled cheerfully and leaned over his desk taking a pen and the register.

"Naruki Hirayama." she said and wrote something there. "Just visiting." she made another smile and returned the register.

"I'm sorry but you'll have to tell me more details." he added. He made another step back in case that the woman in front of him won't burst in anger and do something. The woman chuckled and rose her left hand.

"Visiting the Hokage, I have to talk with him about something important." she said and waved it in front of him. He stared confused at the hand then he moved his gaze at her red eyes who were piercing him now.

"You can't go to him unless you have an appoint-" he stopped. Suddenly the man felt numb and fell on the ground unsconcious. Smiling at him, Naruki rose her hood and entered the gates.

"Guards." she said still smiling as the mist started to disappear behind her.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

"And this is the last one-" a voice said cheerfully but stopped as the pencil which he held broke in two pieces. Blue eyes gazed dumbfounded at the two pieces. "A bad omen?" he asked loud and rose from his desk then went straight towards the window. He looked through it at the village which was right in front of him. His eyes narrowed. "Such a strange chakra." he said and leaned forward as golden locks caressed his whiskered cheeks. "An enemy?" he murmured. Right then the door behind him hung open.

"Hokage-sama, there's an emergency!" a man with an eagle mask and ANBU uniform said. The person in front of him, who was staring through the window turned around a bit to see him. The ninja stared at his back, the white cloak had red letters written on it and he could easily read Rokudaime.

"I know. I felt her chakra since she entered the village." he said and made a few steps towards him.

"Should I send teams to capture her? he asked. Naruto made a smile.

"No, there's no need. In fact she is coming here by herself." he said and took a sit at his desk.

"But what if she's dangerous?" he insisted.

"Neji, you think that I can't handle it?" he asked grinning. There was silence in which none of them said anything. Naruto rose one of his eyebrows and was about to say something when a small knock on the door stopped him. "Enter." he said and the door opened. A tall figure entered the room and closed the door behind it.

"Konnichi wa, Hokage-sama." a woman voice said and bowed. When she straightened up she let the hood fall in order to show her face. "I guess my visit is an unexpected one." she smiled.

"You seem odly familiar. Have I seen you before?" Naruto asked.

"Well...yes." she said and made a small blush. "In the Bingo Book, probably, and also... ten years ago." she said and a smile crossed her lips.

Naruto stared at her with eyes wide open but soon his face turned from a shocked one to a frowning one. He clenched his fist and gazed at her with rage. Naruki noticed his sight and leaned her head down.

"Naruto-san. I thought that this encounter would have been different." she whispered. Soon, loud steps coming towards her made themselves heard and Naruki didn't knew what was happening until two arms pulled her in to a hug. She rose her head and saw golden locks blocking her view. She made a small smile and responded to the hug.

"You really thought that I was going to be mad at you?" Naruto asked laughing. Naruki supressed her urge to cry and made a small nod.

"After what happened these years, yes. I thought that you were going to be like the others. I thought that you hated me too." she said. Naruto patted her on the back and broke the hug. She rose her head and stared at his smiling face and at his deep blue eyes.

"You did so many to me, I couldn't hate you, even though you did some wrong things all these years." he said and Naruki moved her gaze away ashamed. "But I know that you changed. I'm sure of it." he said and Naruki turned to him. She stared at him with teary eyes, she couldn't believe what he said. But deep inside her she could, she knew very well what kind of person he was. Protective, loyal and also a good friend. She smiled, everytime she was in distress she would talk with him and that will make her feel better, like when they met for the first time ten years ago.

"I'm sorry, I-I made so many mistakes and also-" she was cutt off as Naruto brushed his index finger against her lips.

"There's no need to apologize." he smiled. "I'm sure you didn't mean it, you have been manipulated by them." he said in a serious tone. Naruki made a small nod, she had been. "So what brings you here? You thought of making a visit?" he asked. Naruki stared at him suprised. "Believe me, when I saw your letter in which you were saying that you survived the destruction of Amegakure I thought that you were a fake person." he said and made a small smile.

Naruki smiled, the person which she trusted the most was him, her first friend beside Kohaku. She considered him a friend too but the connection between her and Naruto seemed a stronger one. They were very much alike and both of them had ambitions. She, to become stronger and he to become Hokage. 'One of us granted his desire.' she thought smiling.

"Sorry to interupt Hokage-sama, but isn't she Naruki Hirayama? The assasin?" Neji asked. The two of them turned to him suprised, they had forgotten that he was still there watching them.

"Yes, I am." she said and turned to him. Neji frowned under his mask and his hand tightened around the hilt of the katana. So she was Naruki, after all? The assasin which was famous for it's brutal killing and the one which was impossible to caught? But she was dead, the Akatsuki killed her. Then why was she there in this office?

Naruki saw him doing this and made a few steps towards him, her red gaze never escaping the tiny holes of the mask which he could see through.

"You probably think that I'm here in order to assasinate the Hokage, am I right?" she asked. Neji didn't answer and kept his state like before. "Then you're wrong. Dead wrong. I don't do paided assasinations since I died almost four years ago." she said. "Akatsuki is an organisation which I don't belong to anymore. I left it four years ago in order to have a peaceful life, but they found me and killed me along with Amegakure village." she continued. "But I survived and now my only goal is to stop them." she said and leaned her head down. "I know that I'm still considered a criminal, an assasin but seeing my sinful life from another point of view, I could only think how fool I had been, how ignorant and how naive. I could only think about the good and beautiful things which I missed because of my colaboration with Akatsuki. Having true friends, colleagues, family, children, these ones I missed the most. When I found out that I was pregnant, I could only think about the fact that I will finally be part of the regular world having a family, raising children then die happilly in their arms knowing that they love me and that they always will." she said and made a pause.
"But my chance to become a regular person again, had been taken away from me as they found me and killed my children." she rose her head. "And now he's in danger." she said and pointed at Naruto. "I want to help him escape their plans. Because is my duty of doing this, I have to do this because it's my fault that so many innocent people died. And I won't let other persons die again!" she yelled the last part.

Naruto made a few steps towards her and put his hand on her shoulder making her startle. Her eyes faded to blue-green and she turned to Naruto panting heavily.

"Neji, she's one of the persons I trust the most. She didn't have a very good past but she's a great person as a friend. Loyal and a caring one. I guarantee it with my life." he said and Naruki leaned her head down.

The ANBU guard took his hand away from the hit and turned to Naruki.

"I'll still be watching you even if Hokage-sama has trust in you." he said. Naruki made a small smile but it broke immediately as she turned to Naruto.

"You were right, I'm not only in visit. I'm bringing bad news as well." she said serious. Naruto let out a deep sigh.

"If you're going to tell me that Akatsuki captured the other eight Bijuu's and that they are after Kyuubi, I know already." he said.

"This and that you need my help. I'll be going after them, I'll hold them so they'll delay their plan to capture Kyuubi." she said

"I'm not letting you fight alone against them. It's pure madness!" he said.

Naruki rose her gaze and gazed at him with disbelief.

"You must understand how I feel, Naruto-san. I must do this, alone, it's my fault they got this powerful and that they did everything they pleased. It's my burden, I won't give it to anyone." she said.

"You can't do this alone." he said.

"I can and I will. Not even you can stop me." she murmured. Naruto watched her shocked, was she really the clumsy girl he met ten years ago? The woman in front of him didn't even held a glimpse of her personality from that time. Now she was determined and forceful. No one could even get in her way.

"But you'll still receive my help, no matter what." he grinned.
End Notes:
So this is it! Ja ne!
The true reason of lateness by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Bet you weren't expecting me to update so soon, heheh.
Disclaimer
Me: I do not own any Naruto characters but if I did I would so make Itachi mine *evil laugh*.
Itachi/Sasuke: WTF? o_O
Me: *snickers* You too Sasuke, muhaha!

Anyway, leaving my fantasies behind and moving on... Please rate high and review!
She shot soundlessly along the streets of the busy village with an incredible speed, the sun was setting behind her and soon dark will fall up on her.

"Osoi(late)!!" she yelled. I slept overdue." she whined. The villagers turned their heads after her cursing or scolding her for the running and her disturbance. She couldn't understand why there were even villagers at this time. But seeing a few placards and some decorations it finally struck her. "Festival!" she said and used her hands to brake down as the road got thicked with persons celebrating and cheering. She removed the red hair from her eyes and took a deep sigh.

"That was the main road to the gate. How am I going to get out of the village if it's like this?" she scowled and stared at the villagers who were careless and not paying attention to anybody but the festival. "What am I going to tell them? "she asked and took a sit on the ground crossing her legs. "Ambush? No. Jinchuuriki? Definetly not, they wouldn't even listen if I would start a sentence with that word." she said and crossed her arms too then wide her eyes open. "But what if my calculations got wrong and I'll arrive there sooner than expected?" she said then jumped on her feet. "That's right, I probably have two or three days left." she laughed and took her the scroll with assignment from her pocket still smiling. She opened it and her eyes searched for the information she wanted, the one saying that she would be right on time.

Soon her eyes fell at the bottom of the scroll. As she read the line, her eyes wide opened and her hands started to shake.

"NANI? I had to arrive yesterday??" she yelled loudly and all of the villagers turned their heads at her shocked. She stared back with shock as well. "How am I going to explain this?" she said and put the scroll back in her pocket then started to walk through the villagers towards the gate.

She tried to get between them only to get hit or sqeezed. 'This is useless.' she sighed and went deep only to find a barricade made of people. 'This is for sleeping all the afternoon.' she thought and turned around. When she did that she collided into someone and fell on her back.

"Watch where you're going, girl!" the man in front of her said. She opened her eyes and stared at him blushing.

"So-sorry, mister." she whispered. He didn't say anything else and turned to leave.

"Are you ok?" a voice from behind her said and she turned around. She saw a blonde boy about her age with whiskered cheeks and a toothy grin. He leaned forward and stretched his hand to her. Still blushing she stretched her arm as well and grabbed his. He rose her from the ground still smiling. Then his smile broke and turned to the man. "Hey you, give her the purse back." he said. Naruki startled and check her pocket only to see that the purse with all her money was gone.

"What purse?" he asked rising an eyebrow at him.

"The one you took." The blonde boy said and made a step towards him.

"Mind your own business, gaki." he said and started to walk away. Naruki watched him as the blonde boy ran after him and grabbed him by the shoulder.

"I saw you taking it, give it back. Or else." he said threatening. The man in front of him smirked and tried to hit him but the punch had been blocked by the blonde. With his free hand, the boy rise his hand and punched him in the face sending him a few meters away.

Naruki watched amased by the boy's strength and ran towards him. Just when she arrived there, the blonde was straightening and turned to her. He grinned and gave her a black purse. People didn't bother to gather around them being too preoccupied with the festival.

"I guess this is yours, right?" he asked. Naruki made a small smile and took it from him.

"Thank you very much." she said blushing. The blonde stared at her and laughed a little at her crimson face.

"You're welcome." he said smiling. "I'm Naruto Uzumaki, what's your name?" he asked stretching his arm.

"Na-Naruki Hirayama." she said and shook hands with him.

"That's odd, we have almost the same names only the last three letters are different." he grinned. Naruki thought a little.

"You mean two." she murmured. Naruto stared at her confused and started to laugh sheepishly, his arm scratching the back of his head.

"You're right. Heheh." he said. Naruki smiled too, he was nice. "So you're here for the festival?" he asked after he stopped laughing. Naruki took a nother glance at the crowded street and sighed.

"No, I wanted to leave the village but the festival started and now I can't." she sighed pointing at the crowd. Naruto saw the thick crowd as well and nodded in agreeance. "What about you?" she asked.

"Nope, I'm doing just training, sensei brought me here." he said then turned to her. "You should be careful next time, you got lost from your family?" he asked. Naruki stared at him, he thought that she was a little girl? Frowning she straightened and tried to sent him a superior glare but failed because she was shorter than him.

"No, I'm here alone." she said. Naruto rose an eyebrow.

"Alone? Aren't you too little?" he asked. Naruki twitched, she knew that he was going to say that.

"No! I'm fifteen." she said and crossed her arms and sent him a cold glare. Naruto wide his eyes open and started to chuckle.

"I thought that you were smaller." he said. Naruki frowned, despite her age she really looked like a kid? "Then that makes the two of us. I'm fifteen too." he said and pointed at him grinning. Naruki chuckled at his pose making Naruto stare at her confused.

"Wha-"

"Naruto, I thought that I told you to stay at the hotel." a voice said from behind him. Naruki startled at the sight of the tall man with long white hair. He had red marks under his eyes and seemed old. Naruto startled too but turned to his sensei.

"I was hungry, Ero-sennin and I wanted to get some ramen." Naruto said. The white-haired man sent him glare but then looked at the girl and smirked.

"And who's this beautiful lady?" he said and made a few steps towards her. Naruki twitched, beautiful lady? Was he hitting on her? He grabbed her hand and stared in her eyes. "I'm Jiraiya, what's your name, pretty?" he asked grinning.

"Ero-sennin! She's my age." Naruto yelled from behind him. Jiraiya wide his eyes open and backed away from Naruki turning with his back at her. He coughed embarassed.

"She looks older." he said. Naruki smiled, finally a person who noticed this. 'Take that, Itachi.' she thought and smirked. "Naruto, only one day spent in this village and you have already made a girlfriend?" Jiraiya said turning to Naruto. The blonde twitched, his cheeks turning rosy.

"No, I just helped her get her wallet." he pouted.

"And that's what they all say." Jiraiya smirked and walked away. "Be sure to come back before 11 you have training at dawn tomorrow." he waved and disappeared in a puff of smoke. Naruki blushed red and Naruto turned rosy, he really thought that they were... together?

"Don't mind him, Ero-sennin is always like that." Naruto said scratching his whiskered cheek. Naruki made a small smile then saw how Naruto's face iluminated. "I have an idea. Let's go and have ramen together!" he said enthusiascally then stopped. "As friends." he coughed embarassed. "And that's...if you want." he said and stared at her. Naruki smiled and her cheeks turned a deeper red.

"I would love that." she said and grabbed his right hand. "Let's go!" she smiled and started to run pulling him after her.

After they ran for a few minutes through the thick crowd they finally reached a ramen stand. They took a sit next to each other and ordered miso ramen (Naruto's favourite). While they were waiting for the food they talked about each other, Naruki found out that he was from Konoha and that one of the Three Legendary Sannins took him in order to train him against some people who wish to get him. It also made her confused, why would anyone wish to get him, he wasn't a culprit or something like that. The next thing she found out was that he wanted to become the next Hokage, he kept on talking only about that. She found it amusing as he posed with thumbs up when he said that he'd be Rokudaime. He was a very nice person to talk to and funny in the same time, he made her laugh everytime with his jokes. He also told her about his past, he didn't have a family too but despite her he didn't have since he was born. He told her that in his village he was considered a monster, this made her more confused, why was he considered one?

"So what about you? Where are you from?" he asked while slurping some noodles. Taking a deep sigh she told him that she was from a village which had been destroyed a few years ago and that during that time her family died making her the last survivor. She didn't tell him about being part of an organisation or that she was an assasin. She took another sigh, why would she lie to herself? She wasn't a truly assasin, she didn't even kill a single person, being afraid of blood. And also she wasn't real part of Akatsuki, her lateness now wouldn't grant her entrance in the organisation very well. How could she forget that she had to be at the base yesterday? She kept on thinking at the reason until a hand waved in front of her. She startled and turned to Naruto. "Are you ok, you seemed kinda spaced out." he said. She shook her head and made a smile.

"It's nothing, I'm just having a good time." she said. Naruto sipped from the sixth bowl that night and turned to her.

"Me too." he grinned. "This is also the first time I go, ahem, with a girl to ramen." he said red tracing his cheeks. Naruki chuckled and smiled at him.

"Mine too, except the last part, with a boy." she grinned.

After Naruto finished his eighth bowl he payed for them and also Naruki's single one. They left the stand and walked along the street. There were shops with food, candy, games, even special clothes for the festival. They sent each other a knowing smile and decided to have some fun as well. They bought cotton candy, chocolates, sweets and played many games. They made a good team and won everytime prizes. Naruki almsot couldn't walk with all the stuffed animals she received or other prizes. She was happy, she didn't remember when she had such a great time. She just knew him and they already were having fun together, as Jiraiya would say, at their date.

"Oh let's get ice-cream, I haven't eaten some since a long time." she smiled and pointed to a stand. Naruto nodded and went there to get some. Naruki looked around and watched amased the happy people. 'So that's how happiness is like?' she thought and smiled. 'I like this feeling.' she thought then felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Naruto with two ice-cream cones in his hand.

"Chocolate for you, vanilla for me." he said and gave her one of the cones smiling. She took it gratefully with her free hand and made a smile too.

"Naruto?" she said after she took a lick.

"Hm?" he said and stared at her.

"I want to say thank you. I didn't have so much fun since a very long time." she smiled. He made a small smile and took some of the prizes as well so it would be easy for her to move.

"You're welcome." he said. "And that's not all. I have one more thing to show you." he grinned. Naruki stared at him, they went at each store, and they were almost broke. He still wanted to do something?

"What is it?" she asked as Naruto started to walk.

"It's a surprise. You'll see." he said and Naruki followed him thinking what was he talking about.

They walked away from the crowded street and continued their way through the houses and hotels. She watched confused as they got into a silent part of the city. She thought that he was going to stop but she had been wrong as he continued to walk until she saw a great hill in front of her. Naruki couldn't understand what was going on or why he wanted to come here.

"We're almost there." he said and both of them climbed the hill until they reached on top of it. Naruki panted hard at the effort and put the prizes down as Naruto did the same. After she caught up her breath she straightened and looked at him who was smiling. "Turn around." he said grinning and she complied.

When Naruki did that she couldn't believe the sight in front of her. She saw the village sitting at the feet of the hill and the lights from the carnival could be watched in the distance making it more beautiful. It was already night and the stars were glimmering on the sky giving a sensation of greatness. It was pure magic. She turned around and her eyes fell on Naruto who was standing a few meters away against a tree. She stared at him speechless.

"I saw this hill when I arrived in this village and I thought about seeing it more closely." he said grinning. "Nice view, huh?" he asked. Naruki was about to say something when a loud sound interruptd her and light appeared. "It started right on time." Naruto said and got up. She set him a quizzical look but he just motioned her to turn around. She complied and her eyes fell on the sky.

"Fireworks." she murmured and stared at the beautiful colours which lightened up the sky. So many shapes, forms, dances. It was great! And she was lucky to have a spot from where she could see everything. "Su-sugoi (amasing)." she said not believing what she was seeing. She wasn't even able to move or speak, the sight was too great, too magical. Too wonderful.

While she stared at the sky she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned her head towards her right. Her eyes blocked on blue orbs and a smile crossed her lips.

"Thank you so much." she whispered. "I will never forget what you did for me today." she smiled. He made a toothy grin and recovered his hand.

"You're welcome. I'm just thankful that I met a good friend like you." he smiled. She made a small blush and rose on the tip of her toes leaning closer. She gave him a peck on his cheeks and backed away.

"I'm also grateful that I met a kind person like you." she said smiling at the sight of his red cheeks. He brushed his hand against his cheeks and grinned.

"Forever friends?" he asked and stretched his hand. She stared at it for a second thinking. Will she be allowed to have friends? She shook he head, she was thinking again about Akatsuki. Without giving a second thought she stretched her arm and shook hands with him.

"Forever." she said as a great light covered the whole sky. They turned their heads and watched the last one which was the biggest. They stared a few seconds until a huge dragon appeared on the sky made of many different colourful sparkles. They watched it amased. It was very beautiful. Despite the intense moment, a thought crossed her mind and she found herself staring at the blonde next to her who was cheering. 'I won't let this feeling of happiness disappear. I won't let them do that. And I surely won't let you get hurt by them.'

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Naruki? Wake up." a voice said. Naruki opened her eyes slowly as a hand was shaking her shoulder. She rose and turned around. She let out a sound not knowing where she was. She searched the area frightened but after her eyes fell on blonde hair she stopped.

"Where am I?" she asked. Naruto gave her a cup of tea and made a small smile.

"My room from the hotel, yow fell sleep last night outside and since I didn't knew where you were staying, I brought you here." he said red. She made a small blush as well. "Don't worry I didn't do anything else, I just pulled the sheets over you and I kept a watch on Ero-sennin in case that he would try something." he said and turned his gaze away embarassed. Naruki chuckled and took a sip from the hot tea.

"Thank you. What's the time?" she asked then hert eyes fell on Naruto's face. She turned to him fully and stared at his face which was covered in bruises and also she could see that there wore some cuts as well. She studied him closely and saw that he was breathing hard and his clothes were ripped in some parts.

"9:30. Wh-" he tried to say but was interrupted as Naruki got up quickly on her feet surprising him.

"Why are you hurt? You fought someone? Who?" she asked. Naruto stared at her confused then started to laugh.

"From the training, Ero-sennin is mercyless sometimes." he said and sighed. "But that's good, I'll become stronger." he grinned. Naruki took a deep sigh in relief and sit down. "I made a pause to check up if you were right." he said smiling then his smile broke when he saw her serious face. "What is it?" he asked.

"Iie, nothing." she said and made a smile. "Thanks for coming." she said and took another sip. Naruto smiled too and got up.

"Want to come with me at training? Or you're in a hurry?" he asked. Naruki choked with the tea and started to cough.

"You're right! I have to go, I'm already late." she said and got up fast. She straightened and went to the table where were her stuff. "So late!" she said and got her things but right then her eyes fell on the prizes from the last night. She stopped and turned around. She saw Naruto with a straight face. When he saw that she was looking at him, he laughed sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"I's ok, you should go, you said that you're already late." he said smiling but Naruki could see that it was a fake one. She made a few steps towards him until she reached in front of him. He opened his eyes and stared at her surprised.

"What about you? Will I ever see you again?" she asked whispering. Naruto made a smile.

"I'll be ok." he said. Naruki sighed and turned her gaze away. Something gripped her chin making her turn to him. Her eyes blocked on his. "We can write to each other." he added.

"But I told you last night that I move every week to another place." she said. "We won't be able to send letters too much. And I don't want the persons who take care of me to see the letters." she whispered. Naruto rose an eyebrow.

"Why?" he asked. Naruki sent a scared look.

"Well, umm, they'll say that is a waste of time or won't allow me saying that I have better things to do." she said embarassed and scolded herself for such a stupid lie. She turned her gaze away blushing.

"Why don't you come with me to Konoha?" he asked. Naruki turned to him surprised.

He was smiling, making her heart melt. She stared at him not knowing what to say, she would love to do that, Naruto said only good things about his village and if people would be like him she would surely love that place. But what about Akatsuki? She can't leave them, they would surely find her and kill her along with everyone else, she knew that they could do that. But seeing his smiling face, she would forget about this. With him she would be able experience strong feelings like happiness and enjoyment and also he was her friend. Her only friend who understood her and who was very much like her. Her first friend.

"I would love to." she smiled and rose on tip of her toes. Even if he was sweaty and covered with bruises she hugged him tight. Yes, she would be happy there with him. He made a smile and hugged her back.

"We will stay two weeks more here and then we'll be going to Konoha, Ero-sennin said this." Naruto said but Naruki broke the hug.

"What if he won't accept to take me too?" she asked blushing. Naruto smiled.

"I can make him change his mind with one special jutsu made by myself." he smirked. Naruki was confused but if he was that sure maybe he was saying the truth. She nodded smiling and put her katana at her waist.

"Let's train together." she said smirking.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

The next days passed being filled with training. Naruki couldn't only think that Naruto was right, Jiraiya was mercyless when it would come to training. She watched him as he tried to do the Rasengan and how to improve it. He still needed a clone to help him. She would sometimes spar with him or help him with the injuries. She loved spending time with him, it made her happy. They were getting along very well and could talk about everything. Naruki thought that she made the right choice by staying with him.

Two weeks almost passed and they were having their last two days spent in that village. They were sailing on a river, Jiraiya said that Naruto would have his last part of training then. She watched from the boat as they got out of it and started to walk on the surface of water. Naruto left his jacket and shirt with her and now was standing on water topless. Naruki stared at his tanned chest making her blush and also something caught her attention as well. Around the belly button was a mark made of runes. She stared at it confused, what did it meant? Instinctively she rose her hand and put it at her left shoulder gripping it. 'Is it a seal?' she asked frowning. She watched Naruto trying to learn how to escape a genjutsu and how he sank under the water only to rise from it a few seconds later . But something was different at him.

"Naruto, don't let the the Kyuubi's chakra take control of you!" Jiraiya yelled. Naruki startled, Kyuubi? As in the ninth Bijuu the Akatsuki wanted? It was in him? She gripped her shirt tighter.

A sound made itself heard and Naruki watched shocked how red-orange chakra covered Naruto's body. His eyes got bigger and red, his teeth and nails grew larger and sharper. A few moments passed and Naruki could see that he took a shape of a fox with long ears and one tail. He got on his four members and started to growl looking around.

"Naruto!" Naruki yelled at the fox form. The person in front of her turned it's head at her and growled louder. Soon another tail appeared and Naruki watched scared how he growled even louder. She got up from the boat and started to run on top of the water towards him.

"Naruki, don't come! It's too dangerous!" Jiraiya yelled. Naruki couldn't hear him she just kept on running. The third tail appeared and a huge sphere surrounded him not letting Naruki approach him. She tried to go against it but it was useless, it pushed her harder and she fell on her back a few meters away. Jiraiya tried to make Naruto come back to the real him but he wouldn't change a bit.

"Naruto! Stop!" she yelled and got up. Naruto turned his head again at her and pierced her with a death glare. She ignored it and continued to run. Suddenly one of his tails stretched itself towards her. She saw it too late and before she knew it she got hit in her left side sending on her back.

"Naruki!" Jiraiya yelled then he took a tag from his pocket. He went quickly at Naruto and put it on his forehead. Naruto growled but the red-orange chakra started to disappear along with the tails and ears. His animalistic form turned to a normal one and he fell on his knees. Jiraiya went fast towards Naruki who was sinking and took her. Naruto snapped out and rose his head alarmed.

"Wha-whe-. Where am I?" he asked then looked around and saw Jiraiya. "What happened Ero-sennin?" he asked and got up on his feet. "Where's Naruki?" he asked. Jiraiya rook the girl in bridal style an walked towards him.

"You don't remember anything?" he asked. Naruto stared at Naruki who was unconscoius and shook his head.

"No, what happened to her?" he asked alarmed.

"The Kyuubi's chakra took over and Naruki tried to stop you." he said and walked away. "Come, she needs a doctor fast." He said and ran away leaving Naruto behind staring his back. Naruto stretched his arms and stared at them shocked.

"Di-Did I really hit her?" he asked and clenched his fists.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Naruki opened her eyes slowly but her vision was blurry. She tried to get up but a hand pushed her back.

"You should lay down, you got hurt pretty bad back there." Jiraiya said. Naruki cringed in pain and blinked twice so her vision would get better.

"Where's Naruto?" she asked. Jiraiya let out a deep sigh and pulled the sheets over her.

"Outside, he blames himself for what happened." he responded. Naruki whimpered.

"But it wasn't his fault, it-" she stopped not knowing what to say.

"I guess you now know what lies inside him." Jiraiya said sipping from a cup. Naruki wide her eyes open, memories of the accident rushed continously in her mind.

"Hai." she whispered.

"Are you afraid of him now?" he asked and eyed her. There was silence for a few seconds after she turned to him serious.

"No. I don't care about what lies inside him, I only care about the true himself, the one which I see and talk to. And the one which made me feel happiness." she added whispering. Jiraiya smirked and lend her a cup of tea.

"Now I understand why he really insisted in taking you. You're indeed one of the persons, the few ones, who saw him as a human, friend, and not a monster." he said. Naruki took the cup of tea with her free right hand and sipped from it. "But I'm still curious about you. You're not a very common one as well." Naruki choked and stared at him.

"Wha-what are you talking about Jiraiya-sensei?" she asked between the coughs. Jiraiya let out a deep sigh and pointed at her left shoulder.

"I'm talking about your seal. It has been a very long time since I'se seen it." Jiraiya said. Naruki turned her gaze away. "Who gave it to you? This kind of seal is strictly forbidden." he said.

"No one." she said red tracing her cheeks.

"If you'll tell me maybe I'll help you to get rid of it." Jiraiya said. Naruki jerked her head towards him shocked, he could do that? She frowned, maybe it was a trap to make her tell about Akatsuki. She wasn't stupid.

"I don't know who gave it to me." she said and took a sip.

"Hm, really?" he asked but she didn't look at him. He let a deep sigh and crossed his arms eyeing her. "A seal which helds the chakra at the back of the heart. That's why the runes are on your left shoulder a little lower. This seal gathers the chakra there for a second center of the chakra system." he said and Naruki turned to him shocked. "This seal is given only to those who aren't Bijuu containers or have a huge ammount of chakra which can't be molded successfully by the human. It is also destructive. If the wielder concentrates more than usual, the seal can broke and he eventually dies because of the chakra which had been gathered around the heart. Also the one who gives the seal can control the chakra of the wielder so there won't be problems with the seal wielder later. That's why he puts it there, to control the chakra in order to protect the person." he said. "But your seal is not complete. The user probably wasn't very experienced in this type of seals. That's why it has leaks." Naruki's jaw broke down not being able to say anything. "I guess this means that I'm right." he said.

"Don't tell him about... this. Please." she whispered. I don't want him to...be worried." she added.

"You'll have to tell him eventually but I won't pressure you." he said and got up. "Only when you'll be ready." he said and left the room. Naruki gazed through the window. It was night. For how long had she been unconscious? It was the same day or a few days alter? She put the cup down and gripped the bandages which were covering her chest, abdomen and left shoulder. Pain went through her body as she tried to get up on her feet. She went slowly and carefully at the window. She opened it and fresh air filled the closed room. It was the same village and the same hotel after all.

"What should I do?" she asked loud.

"Try to recover." a voice said and she yelped as a head appeared from above in front of her. She made a few steps back and stared at the blonde boy in front of her. He jumped and landed on his feet then climbed up from the window and entered through it. "Are you ok?" he asked concerned. "I-I'm really sorry. I just-" he turned his gaze away. "I don't know what was I doing." he said. Naruki made a few steps towards him and put her right hand on his cheek.

"It's ok. You don't have to say sorry." she smiled. "I'm fine. I'll just heal myself and everything will be back to normal." she said. She even lied herself.

"It won't be." he whispered. He rose his hands and stared at them. "Who knows what will happen next time. What if you'll get injured badly because....of me? What if I'll hurt you with my own hands?" he asked and let his hands down. "I won't forgive mys-" he was cut off as a finger brushed his lips.

"It won't be a next time." she said. "It won't be because I'll be ready for it and I won't get hurt. I promise." she said and kissed his cheek. "I'll train myself for it." she smiled.

"I-I'm sorry." he said and leaned his head down. "I hope you won't think different about what you saw." he said. Naruki wide her eyes open, he looked hurt, he was probably expecting her to call him monster or something like that.

"Naruto-san, I do think different." she said. Naruto shrugged, he was expecting this. She gripped his chin and rose it up. "I only think that I'll be forever by your side no matter what." she said. "You always told me about your dream to become Rokudaime, then make it possible. And also make the others change their mind about you. Because you're a good person not a monster." she said and let go of his chin. She let her hand down and put it on his chest. "Judge by this." she said and pumped. "Not by knowledge." she said and retrieved her hand thoughtful. Was she refering to herself as well?

"Naruki..." Naruto started. "Thank you."

Naruki made a small smile and turned around. Judging by heart... what was her heart saying right now? She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned again only to see Naruto.

"Are you ok? You were again kinda spaced out." he said smiling. Naruki blinked twice at his smiling face. She tried to rose her left hand but it hurt. She gripped her shoulder with the right hand and wide her eyes open. 'The seal. Is still there.' She rose her head and stared at him, regret crossing her mind now. Naruto stopped his laugh and stared at her concerned. "It hurts that bad? Maybe you should lay down and rest." he said. Naruki shook her head removing her thoughts and made a smile.

"Oh, you're right!" she said laughing sheepishly. She went quickly to the bed and leaned down on her back. Naruto closed the window and went beside her as she took a more comfortable position.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" she asked. Naruto grinned and tucked her in.

"Of course." he said and took a sit in a chair which was next to the bed.

"Thanks." she smiled and closed her eyes.
He stared at her beautiful face, those rosy lips, pale skin, she looked very peaceful. He leaned closer and removed some of the long red locks from her face.

"Ne, Naruto-san?" she said still with her eyes closed. He recovered his hand quickly.

"Hm?" he asked.

"I was wondering... if you're going to become the next Hokage, what will I be?" she asked. Naruto smirked and traced his fingers through her hair.

"I'll be the Hokage and you'll be my right hand man, well woman, and captain of all my squads." he said.

"Then so be it." she murmured. "You... Hokage... me... your first guard." she said and stopped talking. Naruto stared for a few seconds then noticed that her breath turned a slow one signaling that she was asleep. He stretched his hand and caressed her cheek.

"And probably something more."

The next morning, Naruto woke up from his chair alarmed. When did he fell asleep? He straightened and massaged the back of his head which was acheing pretty bad.

"I slept in a chair for the whole night?" he asked and moved his head up, down, left, right to make the stiffness go away. Finally he yawned and moved his gaze to the bed. A smile crossed his lips as he saw that she was still there. He looked at the clock. 8:30. "In half of hour we'll set up forth." he smiled then leaned over the bed. He saw that covers were over her head. He stretched his hand and shook them. "Rise and shine, sleepy head, it's morning." he said cheerfully but no response. He stared at it confused and shook again but still nothing. Alarmed he pulled the covers off and saw that there were only pillows in the shape of a body and red bandages. "Naruki? Where are you?" he said and looked around. "You shouldn't have taken off your bandages." he said and went towards the bathroom. He knocked but no response. He opened it and saw that it was empty. "Naruki?" he said again but no response. He moved his gaze anywhere but only to realise that she wasn't there. He even saw that her armour and weapons weren't there anymore. Alarmed he went quickly at the door and when he was about to open it a glimpse caught his eyes. He turned and saw that on the cupboard next to the bed was a piece of paper with a kunai on it. Naruto went there quickly and took the piece of paper in his hands.

After he finished it reading, he started to shake and the piece of paper fell from his hands. She left him.

"Naruki!" he yelled.

Miles away, Naruki was skipping through the trees of a forest. Her right hand was gripping her left shoulder as purple flame come from it.

"Just a few more seconds." she murmured through her teeth. The purple flame disappeared and she stopped on top of a tree. She turned around only to see the village which was very far now. Supressing her tears she turned around. "I'm sorry. But this is for your sake."
End Notes:
So this is chapter 14! The next one will contain the letter but I'll update next weekend, my mom hates me for staying at the computer so much! -_-'
Ja ne! Don't forget to review!
The Letter by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Woohoo, I have permission to use the computer. And with that... here comes the updating!! ^.^
Anyway, enjoy chapter 15, Naruki's letter
Dear Naruto-san,

If you're reading this letter then it means that I'm gone. I decided to write this letter and not talking about my reasons face-to-face, because you probably would have tried to stop me and this I couldn't allow. Please don't try to find me, it's better for you and me if we won't see each other again. Especially for you.

I'm sorry that I have to tell you this but I lied. I lied to you and I blame myself uncountable times for doing such thing. I'm not the person which... I seem. I'm a much different person than you thought I could be. I'm part of a dangerous organisation whose purposes are money and power, Akatsuki. Now that you know this, please don't think that our encounter had been a planned one. I didn't knew that you were the helder of Kyuubi. I swear, I only found out when that accident occured at the river.

Please, don't think of me as a bad person. That's what I fear the most from you. I'm scared that you might hate me because I am part of that organisation who wants to capture you. Please, don't.

Please forgive for leaving without saying a word but I had to. You're my important person right now and I want you to be safe. If I would have stayed with you they would have found you and under no circumstances I would let that happen. I haven't told you before but the true reason I left is that I don't want to hurt you. The seal is unstable and I don't know what will happen in the next minute when it will broke.

Yes, I have a seal. It is called Sealing Method of Divination. I don't know who gave it to me but it probably was leader. This seal lies on on the back of my left shoulder and a little lower, at the back of my heart to be more precisely. Becasue I have a great chakra ammount and I can't control all of it very well, the leader (probably, I don't know) gave it to me. This seal gathers the chakra around my heart and keeps it there. Sometimes the seal has some leaks and I lose all my senses, only pain remains but I can't focuse on it because my body starts to move on it's own and does what it pleases, I can only stay and watch what my body does.

I can't use my chakra at full power because it's also the threat that the seal will broke and all the chakra gathered around my heart will cause destruction and eventually I will die. But I heard and I know that I can prevent that. I have to train to fight my seal when it leaks.

I also promise you that I'll train harder than ever so when they'll come after you I'll be able to stop them. I'll protect you no matter what. Because...you made me feel something that I haven't felt since a long time. Happiness. Since my family's death I have forgotten what happiness is like. But you helped me feel it, and I can only say that I want that happiness to last forever. I spent so many exciting times with you and I'm grateful for that. I can't even explain in words how grateful I am, how lucky I am that I met a person such as yourself.

Thank you very much for treating me with kindness and sympathy. And I'm still sorry that I haven't stayed with you. That seal connects me with them and I can't broke that connection no matter how much I try. I can't stay with you thinking that they'll try to find me.

I'll end this letter with a request. Go to Konoha and become it's Hokage. Show the villagers what you've shown me in just two weeks. Show them the real person you are, not the monster which almost destroyed the village fifteen years ago. Make them judge you by the heart and make them acknowledge you. Don't give up, you can do it and I'm sure you will. Become the Hokage so that I can be your first guard when we shall meet again. If you won't do that then this guard will kick you until you'll come back to your senses and make you become the leader. I can do that, you know.

Anyway, I hope that we'll meet again. And believe me when I say that our next meeting will last a longer time.
Your thankful friend,
Naruki
Children? by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 16! Wow, I updated so soon!
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto what so ever. DAMN!!!!
Please review and rate high pleasee, I'll hug you if you will ^.^
"My handwritting was very ugly back then." Naruki said sipping from her tea. "And I can't believe that you kept it!" she said with a blush.

The two friends were now at the Hokage Mansion, drinking tea and talking about the past. Naruki saw that Naruto grew taller than ever and his facial expressions were more mature than she remembered. His spiky blonde hair grew and now it was covering the both sides of his face only the hitai-ate was preventing the hair which would fall over his eyes as well. 'He grew handsome.' she smiled to herself. He removed the strange orange suit from back then and now he was wearing a white cloak with orange flames at the bottom and the whirlpool symbol, still on his back, 'Figures' she thought.

"Why wouldn't I?" he asked rising an eyebrow. Naruki blushed harder and put the cup on the table. She moved her gaze around the room only to see that it was nice and cosy. The medium size table was in the center of the room. Naruto sit in front of the table and she was at his right. She looked over him and stared at the marble fireplace. It was simple and beautiful but the six paintings which were on it's both sides caught her attention mostly. Shodaime, Nidaime, Sandaime were on the left, Yondaime, Godaime, Rokudaime were on the right. A smile crossed her lips as her eyes fell on the last one, his familiar toothy grin was also there. She moved her gaze two paintings before it and could only think that the fourth and sixth were very much alike, no, they were almost the same person only Naruto's whiskered cheeks made him different.

"Hokage-sama I-" she started.

"I told you not to call me that. You are one of my closest friends, there's no need for honorifics." he said and grabbed her hand which was on the table. She stared at his grip for a while then turned to him.

"Then, Naruto-san." she said and Naruto made a smirk.

"Like I told back then, without that too, use just Naruto." he said.

"For me, Naruto isn't just Naruto." she 'hmphed'. Naruto chuckled and let go of her hand. Then he leaned on the back of the chair sighing.

"So what have you done with the Akatsuki?" he asked. She rose her gaze and stared at him.

"I killed Orochimaru and Kabuto. For information." she said serious. Naruto blinked twice then leaned forward.

"If you did that then you probably know 'his' location." he said. She looked at him confused.

"Location? Whose?" she asked.

"Sasuke. Sasuke Uchiha's." he said smiling. Naruki backed away, eyes wide open. Uchiha? He had the last name as Itachi? He was related to Itachi? She stared in disbelief at Naruto's confused face.

Itachi never told her about his family, only that he was the one responsible for it's massacre. She was curious to find out but he would tell her that it wasn't important or interesting so she dropped out the subject. But this was serious, he had a living brother which he never told her about. She clenched her fists, he hadn't been open with her fully. But what made her more confused was Sasuke's plans. He knew that she had been part of Akatsuki and wanted to keep her to find infromation about the organisation, his brother. She clenched tighter, he wanted to use her. Why does she always have to be used? Why can't she be normal? Akatsuki used her, Itachi used her and now Sasuke wanted to use her. 'I should tell him where that man is, to ruin his plans and drag him to his village for goodness sake. I told him that he is needed here and I was right.' she thought but something inside her kept her from doing this.

Flashback
r0;One certain man of them killed all the persons I loved and that were close to me.r1;
End of Flashback


Naruki unclenched her fists, he wanted information for his revenge.

"Sorry, I don't know where he is." she sighed. She couldn't do that. He was like her, he wanted the same thing as her. Naruto leaned backwards and took a deep sigh.

"It's ok. I just thought that... maybe." he said and moved his gaze at the ceiling. "You know the friend which I told you about back then? The one who left and that I was training hard to get him back?"

"Yes. He was in the same team as you. You were rivals but eventually you became good friends." she said.

"Sasuke is that one." Naruto said sighing. Naruki stared at him pityful, she could see that he was indeed very sad. Naruki leaned and grabbed his hand.

"Hoka- I mean Naruto, I'm sure that he is fine and that he will come back." she said eyeing him. Naruto turned his gaze at the tight grip then at Naruki's face.

"No. He came back to Konoha but only for his revenge. He heard that Akatsuki were planning on attacking so he and his team came and ambushed them." Naruto said.

"What happened?" she asked alarmed.

"As I said, the two Akatsuki's had been ambushed and two of Sasuke's team died."

"What about Sasuke?"

"He didn't even got hurt." Naruto said.

"Where is he now?" she asked.

"No one knows, he escaped our troops."

Naruki leaned on the back of her chair wondering. 'They are attacking already. I have to hurry if I want to stop them." she said to herself.

"Who were the two attackers?" she asked.

"Uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame." he said. Naruki frowned. If Pein sent two of his strongest men then he really wants the Kyuubi fast. She had to hurry or it will be too late. Letting a dep sigh she got up on her feet.

"I have to go." she said and bowed respectfully. Naruto got up as well.

"You just got here. You can't go!" he said.

"I'm sorry but I have bussiness to attend to." she said and turned around. She walked away until she reached the door then she felt a change of wind and the last thing she knew was, Naruto's hand gripping her right shoulder. 'So fast.' she thought.

"If you're thinking that I'm letting you fight alone against them then you're wrong." he said. "Terribly wrong." he continued. Naruki frowned and released herself from his grip.

"I must do this, wether you like it or not. It's my problem not yours or anybody's else. You must understand how I feel since all of this is my fault." she said not looking at him.

"It's not your fault, I don't recall anybody blaming you for Kazegakure or Amegakure. No one said that you were behind those disasters." he said. "Not even one single person."

Naruki made a pause staring at the door's handle. It wasn't her fault? But she was there when those villages had been destroyed. And what about the other persons she killed? She even helped with the capture of a Jinchuuriki.

"If not for those villages then for my babies and the targets." she said and grabbed the handle. But before she would press it the door opened by itself. Voices filled the room and Naruki stared with shock at the short persons.

"Otosan we-" a voice stopped as his eyes fell on Naruki. He looked up at her confused as Naruki looked down with eyes wide open at the small child.

"Hey, get out of the door Hikaru, you're blocking the way!" another voice said.

"Yeah, we want to get in!" a girl voice said this time. Naruki watched as the three little ones were pushing each other in order to get in.

"Stop pushing you two!" the one called Hikaru said. But too late as the other two pushed harder and the three of them fell at Naruki's feet. Hikaru was at the bottom, over him was a girl and another boy was on top of her. They groaned and got off of each other arguing.

"It's your fault!"

"No, it's his, he pushed!"

"No, it's yours, you blocked the door!"

"She was at the door." Hikaru said and pointed at Naruki. The other two turned their head at Naruki and stared at her.

"Hey, you three." Naruto said waving from behind Naruki. The other three smiled and ran at him.

"Otosan!" they yelled and hugged his legs almost making him collapse. He chuckled and muffled their hair. After they broke apart, Naruto turned towards the still shocked Naruki. "Kids, she is a long-time friend of mine, Naruki." he smiled. " Naruki, these are Hikaru, Shiori and Hitoshi." he said pointing at each one. Naruki looked at the small kids speechless. 'They are so tiny and cute.' she thought to herself. Hikaru had spiky blonde hair and white eyes. Shiori had long lavender hair and blue eyes, and finally Hitoshi had blonde hair, which wasn't that spiky as Hikaru's and white blue eyes. The three of them had marks of whiskers on their cheeks.

"Hello." they said smiling. Naruki waved still surprised. Naruto leaned down and smirked.

"Hey kids, give her a hug like you gave me, I'm sure she'll enjoy it." he said. Without expecting it, the three little ones ran towards her and hugged her legs. She looked down at their smiling faces and found herself laughing.

"Naruki nee-chan!" they said cheefully and hugged tighter. Naruki smiled and leaned forward until she reached their level and hugged the three of them. Naruto sat back crossing his arms and grinning. Naruki sent him a knowing look but continued to hug the kids. So this is like having children. She hoped that the moment will last forever, she hoped that they were her kids not somebody's else.

They broke apart and Naruki longed for their embrace, it was an undescribebale feeling, she wanted to hug them over and over again, not having enough.

"They are beautiful, Naruto-san, how old are they?" she asked smiling.

"Next month they'll be four." he said. Naruki let a deep sigh and leaned her head down. The family in front of her stared confused but then she rose her head smiling.

"The next month, my kids would have been four too." she said.

"Where are they?" Shiori asked.

"They sleep with the angels, dear." Naruki said and straightened.

"Won't they woke up?" Hitoshi asked. Naruki hesitated. Naruto noticed and gripped his son's shoulder.

"Enough with the questions, kids, she is a little bit tired." he said.

"No, it's ok." Naruki smiled and leaned forward again to reach the little ones level. "They won't wake up but soon I'm going to sleep too and we'll dream about each other. Then we'll wake up together." she smiled and pressed Hitoshi's nose making him chuckle.

"Can we play with them when we'll meet?" Shiori asked. Naruki turned to her.

"Of course." she smiled then got up. "I should go, I have to find their dad, he lost himself on his way here." she winked and turned towards the door.

"Naruki nee-chan, please stay with us and play." Shiori said. Naruki stopped and turned slowly at them.

"Pleaaasee?" the three of them said in unison with puppy dog eyes. Naruki stayed a few more moments staring at their begging faces as Naruto was grinning mischievously behind them until she let out a deep sigh.

"Ok, just for a few hours." she said and smiled. The kids smiled also and grabbed her by the hands.

"Come, we will show you a great place!" Hikaru said cheerfully and the three of them pulled her towards the door.

"What about you?" Naruki asked turning to Naruto.

"I have to go at the Academy, so I won't be able to join you right now." he grinned. Naruki rose an eyebrow but couldn't say anything as she disappeared through the door.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Naruki walked along the streets being guided by the three small children. She smiled friendly at the villagers and she felt overwhelmed by the majestic beauty of the buildings. Also the villagers gazed confused wondering why the Hokage's children were with an outsider but seeing that the little ones were happy they didn't think that they were in danger.

Finally they reached the park and the children started to chase each other laughing. She followed them also laughing and played with them. That day was perfect for walking in the park. Naruki could see that the park was filled with children and their parents or teenagers kissing on a bench under a tree. She smiled, love was in the air as they would say. She sighed and took a sit on the grass leaning against a tree. The kids continued their play and Naruki watched them happily, it gave her a warm feeling, like her children were playing in front of her, not Naruto's. She put instinctively her hand at the abdomen, remembering the large scar she saw that day after waking from coma, and massaged it.

"I love you two so much and I'm very sorry that I couldn't protect you." she murmured.

"Naruki nee-chan, watch this!" Hikaru yelled. Naruki rose her gaze and watched as the boy flipped in air. After he landed on the ground she clapped and congratulated him as his brother and sister were murmuring 'Show off.'

"Very nice, Kenji!" she said and her smile broke. Kenji? She named her son like that (after her oldest brother). Why did she have to use that name now? She felt tears falling, maybe coming to Konoha, to her friend Naruto wasn't such a good idea. All of this brought her bad memories. She leaned her head down, her shorter hair covering her face. 'Why?' she thought.
End Notes:
So this is it! As I said earlier please oh please review T_T reviews keep me allive T_T
And there was one day...part 1 by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 17, I put in two parts, dun dun dun, enjoy! Don't forget to review and to rate high.
Disclaimer: I will own Naruto some day. Oh yes I will!! Muhaha.
The sun of a new day was rising up the sky and birds started to sing cheerfully in the tree which was next to the window. As the blinding light of the sun greeted the room, a small giggle filled the air. Itachi was in his bed, arms under his head and sheets pulled over him. The giggle of his lover made him smile and stared at the bulge next to him. Soon the bulge moved and two pale hands came from it pulling the sheets off only to reveal a red mass of hair. Naruki frowned at the hair which was covering her face and blew air in order to remove it. Itachi smirked and with his right hand removed the locks. Naruki gave him a look then grinning evilly, she came on top of him slowly. She planted her head at his heart and started to listen to the fast beats. She grinned, she was the only one capable to make his heart like that.

"It's been already three months." she said.

"Since what?" he asked.

"Since we... you know." she blushed and rose her head to look at him. He made a smirk and kissed her lips.

"You mean since we started to share the same bed?" he said after departing. Naruki leaned her head down again to listen to his heart.

"Do you think that it's ok to hide?" she asked.

"Leader-sama found out already." he said. Naruki rose her head and stared at him.

"He-he knows? But how?" she asked alarmed. Itachi made a smirk and traced his fingers through her hair.

"I told him." he said. Naruki wide her eyes open.

"What did he say?" she asked freightened and got up.

"That it didn't matter to him only if we would continue on doing our missions well." he smiled. Naruki let out a deep sigh in relief and punched his chest.

"At least you should have told me that you were going to tell him, Itachi!" she yelled. "I got scared for nothing." she pouted. Itachi laughed and blocked her second attack. He grabbed her hand and leaned forward to reach her, who was still on top of him.

"You're cute when you look scared." he smirked. Naruki pouted and tried to escape his grip. She closed her eyes in concentration and when she opened them she found herself on her back and Itachi above her smirking. "Trying to escape?" he asked.

"Get off, I'm still mad at you." she said trying to push him over. "I'll yell, you know." she said serious. Itachi started to chuckle.

"As if anyone would hear you or save you." he smirked and leaned forward. Naruki sighed, he was right, Itachi would say that everything was ok and the others would leave them.

"I'll hit you, I swear." she scowled. Itachi kept her hands beside her head on the pillow and leaned closer to her face.

"You'll always be mine, Naruki." he whispered at her ear making her moan at the feeling which went through her body. He bit her earlobe and started to kiss her neck slowly. Naruki moaned louder, Itachi always knew how to tame her. She arched her back in order to reach his lips but he pulled away making her whimper in annoyance. He always liked to tease her. He still kept her arms beside her head and continued to trace kisses lower until he reached the special spot and sucked gently. He trailed a tongue around the collarbone and around the tiny hole of the suprasternal snotch, it was the spot which always made Naruki moan louder than ever.

"I-Itachi." she murmured as the blood pressure rose higher.

Seeing that she wasn't struggling, he let go of her arms and traced his hands over her face, neck and chest. They paused at her breasts, playing with them making her moan in pleasure and soon his mouth joined them.

"N...ny...ah!" she panted. Itachi continued to lick and bit the top of her breasts until they became hard. Leaving them, he moved his mouth lower and started to kiss her abdomen and hips, trailing a hot tongue and sucking spots leaving hickies. He went lower and kissed her legs and inner tighs, he went further and....

"Naruki, are you awake?" a voice yelled from the door along with huge knocks. Itachi stopped and Naruki rose from the bed panting hard.

"Yes. What is it, Kisame?" she yelled trying to maintain her breath.

"Mission, come downstairs after you...finish." he said. Naruki sent a death glare to Itachi who was smirking.

"I don't know what are you talking about but I'll come down for the mission details." she yelled.

"Right..." Kisame said and Naruki heard his steps walking away from the door.

"What were you thinking, we could have been heard!" she whispered and scowled at Itachi.

"We already have been." he said simply.

"Why you..." she said and tried to hit him. Itachi grabbed her by the wrist smirking and rose it to kiss it.

"Too angry in the morning." he said and brushed her hand against his face, planting kisses on it.

"It's only your fault." she said blushing and retrieved her hand. Itachi rose an eyebrow but a wide smirk crossed his face. Naruki backed away, she knew what that meant. If she didn't wanted to lose her pride she had to get away, now! No matter what.

"Where were we?" he smirked and grabbed her by the wrist turning to her.

"Nowhere." she said gripping the sheets and disappeared quickly.

Downstairs, the other members of Akatsuki were having breakfast. Like usual, Pein nor Konan were there just Kisame, Deidara, Sasori and Zetsu. Hidan and Kakuzu were on a mission. They were talking, only Sasori and Deidara were arguing, like always, about their concept of art. Suddenly a puff of smoke appeared and Naruki emerged from it.

"Damn it, I said bathroom not this-" she stopped and turned around slowly. The other members were staring at her. Deidara was surprised, Sasori emotionless and Zetsu seemed hungry, only Kisame was smirking at her. Maintaining her blush she covered herself with sheets and walked towards the table. She saw there a scroll and took it quickly along with an apple. "Morning." she murmured and turned around. She still could feel stares on her back but decided that she had to get out of the kitchen quickly. Also a chuckle reached her ears and felt embarassed than ever.

"Someone is in a bad mood this morning, hm?" Deidara asked. She stopped and turned around.

"You don't have any idea." she growled and continued her walk towards the door of the kitchen.

"Something happened last night? Or this morning?" Kisame asked. She turned again sighing.

"That's none of your bussiness." she said and took a large bite from the apple. She chewed it giving him a death glare. Kisame smirked and rose his hands in defense.

"Ok, ok, don't kill me now!" he chuckled. Naruki scowled the turned around. 'I really have to get out, who knows what they'll be thinking. But where, Itachi is still in my room. And knowing him, going there isn't a very good idea.' she thought. She walked towards the door still thinking and not looking where she was going. A contact with something warm made her snap from her thoughts. She rose her head angrier and was about to yell.

"The door is there." a low voice said pointing at his right. Naruki backed away and gave him a glare.

"I know where it is, Itachi." she scowled. Itachi now was dressed but only down his waist, his chest was still naked. He rose an eyebrow and looked at her form head to toe.

"You know that the sheets are rather transparent." he sighed.

"I know, that's why I want to get dressed." she said and started to walk away. But it was impossible, she looked at her right hand and saw that Itachi was holding it, how come she didn't felt it until now? "Let go." she said between her teeth. But he didn't wanted, instead he leaned forward until his face was at her ear.

"Your back is open." he smirked. Naruki backed away and touched her back only to see that indeed, her skin was visible, she moved lower and a blush crossed her face. Her bottom as well was.

"Damn it." she said and removed her hand from his grip fast. With her free hand she covered the parts and walked through the door but after she sent Itachi a death galre who didn't seem very impressed.

"Nice ones, Naruki!" Kisame yelled from behind.

"Pervert!" she yelled back and went upstairs.
End Notes:
This is part 1, heheh, as soon as I'll get permission to use the computer I'll update the second. Ja ne! Please oh pleaseee review T_T
And there was one day... part 2 by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Part 2!! Oh yeah!! This is my favourite chapter dunno why, maybe because it took me a week to write it? *sighs*
Anyway enjoy it and don;t forget to review and rate high. PLEASE!
Later that day, Naruki finished her mission successfully and was now coming back to the estate. She put her hand at the abdomen and held it tight.

"What's wrong with me? The whole day I felt sick and my stomach hurt." she said and stopped. She jumped from the tree and landed next to a bush. She leaned over it and threw up for the third time that day.

After she finished, she straightened up and wiped her mouth, also she grimaced because of the taste which filled her mouth. She started to walk again but at a slower pace and on the forest floor. She was dizzy and not in the mood of skipping.

"Ryakugan!" she said and her eyes turned red. She scanned the area and a deep sigh of relief escaped her lips. "A village a few miles away, maybe I'll find out what's wrong with me." she said and continued to walk.

Arriving a few minutes later in the village, she used henge so she wouldn't be recognised. Walking along the streets, still holding her stomach and feeling still dizzy she entered a pharmacy. She looked around and saw that there was no customer at the moment only a old man and short was sitting behind a counter. She walked slowly towards him.

"May I help you?" he asked. Naruki, under her disguise nodded.

"Yes, please, I think I have some problems with my stomach, the whole day I threw up continuously." she said. "What pills do you recommend?" she asked. The man in front of her listened to her carefully and after she finished, he started to chuckle.

"Miss, I don't think pills can help you right now." he said smiling. Naruki wide her eyes open.

"You mean this is serious? I have to go to the hospital?" she asked alarmed and leaned over the counter. The man kept his smile.

"No, but I can give you something which would probably tell you what's wrong." he smiled and left his spot. She watched how the short man went to an aisle and searching a little, he took a small long box and came to her. He lent it to her and she read the title.


"Aimstick test?" she rose an eyebrow. "Test for what?" she asked. The man went behind the counter.

"For your problem." he said "Read the instructions how to use it."

Naruki let a deep sigh and gave him money. 'At least it was cheap. If this won't help I'm going to find him.' she thought and went to a restaurant to eat, she was hungry, hell, that mission was a hard one.

She took a sit and ordered something light, still thinking about her stomach. Remembering she took the box from the pocket and stared at it.

"Test, huh?" she asked. Taking a sigh she opened the box and emptied it. A small stick fell from it along with a paper. She rose an eyebrow. "A stick? What will I do with this? Push it against my stomach?" she asked then took the paper to read it.


Home pregnancy test kit.

"What? Pregnancy test?" she almost yelled. "I can't be pregnant! I swear if this is a joke... I'll get him." she said and got up. She went to the bathroom.

After she left the closet she went to the sink and let the stick next to it. She tapped her fingers anxiously on the clean surface of the encounter. Seeing that nothing appeared on the stick she started to pace in the room still reading the instructions in case she forgot something.

"Place the stick under...did. Keep it five seconds in the.... stream. Did. Place the stick on a flat dry surface." she looked up and stared at the stick. "Did. With the result window facing up." she stopped. The window wasn't facing up. Taking a deep sigh she shakily twisted the stick correctly. After she did that she noticed a plus. She wide her eyes open and took the stick in her hands and stared at it not believing. She took the prescript.

"Once the time has passed, the user should inspect the "result window". If a line or plus symbol appears, the user is pregnant. No matter how faint the line looks." she read. She stared back, the line was far from barely visible, it was very clear. She dropped the test and paper. She was pregnant!

"Oh my GOD!" she yelled. "But it's impossible, I-" she stopped. How could it be impossible? She was with Itachi after all and... she shook her head. "So that's why I was feeling sick." she smiled and a few tears escaped her eyes. "I'm pregnant. I will have a baby!" she said to herself and fell on her knees. She put her hand at the abdomen and massaged it. "I can't believe it." she cried happily. "I'll be a mother." she said and got up cheerfully. She took the test and the paper, many feelings went through her body at that moment. Her mother instinct took over her and thought only that no matter what she'll protect her baby. Her smile broke.

"How will I tell Itachi? What if he doesn't want the baby?" she gripped the paper. While she was thinking she didn't notice the door opening. "What should I-" she stopped as a hand grabbed her by the neck. She dropped the test and started to cough not having air. She turned a little and saw that it was one of the man's subordinates which she killed. So he came back for revenge. With the other hand he took a knife and pointed at her neck.

"This is for leader, bitch." he said and pushed the knife at her neck. Within a blink of an eye, she disappeared from the grip and his hand hit only hair. Naruki crouched and hit his legs making him collapse. He fell on the ground but got up fast. He stared at the woman who rose the stick from the ground and put it in her pocket.

"I don't have anything against you, if you want to live then I suggest you should get out. Now!" she said. The man spit and without saying anything he lunged at her. Taking a deep sigh she dodged his attack and grabbed his arm twisting it. He let out sound of pain at the twist and tried to move his hand but it hurt too much. "This is your last chance, leave or die." she said pushing his hand and he felt that it was going to break.

"Fi-Fine, I will!" he yelled and Naruki let go of his hand. She took the paper and knife as well and jumped over him in order to reach the door.

"That was a good choice." she murmured. The man nodded but after she turned around, his hand made his way at his leg and took another knife. Seeing that she didn't notice him, he got up fast and ran towards her with his knife forward. He thought that it was going to hit her but right then she turned around and caught the knife between her index and middle finger. She rose her gaze and the man saw that she had red eyes. He tried to push harder but the knife didn't move. He pulled it with both of his hands but still, the knife didn't budge from her fingers. She leaned forward and his eyes blocked on hers. "Why don't you keep your word? Lying brings you death." she said and let go of his knife. He tried to hit her but she was faster and dodged it. She jumped in air and kicked him with full force in face sending him in the wall of the bathroom. He hit his head at the hard contact and fell on the ground not breathing anymore.

Without taking a glance at the body she turned around and left the bathroom.


XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Night finally came and Naruki went back at the estate. She decided that she should tell him, he was the father after all. Maybe he'd like to have a baby, since he was the only memeber left of the great Uchiha clan, maybe their baby would be the beginning of the clan's resurrection. She smiled, yes, he would accept the baby.

She got in the house silently. Passing by the kitchen where the members were having dinner she went towards Itachi's room. She knocked and called his name but no answer, she tried to open it but no success. Sighing she walked away and went to her room which was two doors next to his. When she was about to open it a hand gripped her right shoulder and she turned around. She gasped as the elder Uchiha was very close to her.

"Where have you been?" he whispered. "The mission ended barely at noon." he said. Naruki pressed her back against her door and stared up at him.

"I had some things to do." she murmured. Itachi leaned closer until their lips were inches apart.

"Sorry?" he said. Naruki stared surprised at him.

"What?" she asked. Itachi sighed.

"I said sorry." he murmured. "I don't know how to apologise, then I'm not sure if it works." he murmured. Naruki smirked, she made him apologise.

"Well that's a start." she chuckled. "And you're doing it very well." Naruki grinned and pressed the handle in order to open the door. She made a few steps inside the room and he followed. "But not good enough!" she yelled and slammed the door in his face. "You have to do better than that!" she said and went to her bed. She took a sit with her arms crossed thinking of a reply if the Uchiha would say something. But for her surprise, nothing happened, he didn't say or do anything. Angrier than before she took off her clothes and wrapped a towel around herself. "I hope your satisfied." she growled and went straight to the attached bathroom.

She turned the water on in order to reach the right temperature. Until then she tied her hair in a high ponytail and let the towel fell. Her hand reached the shower door and when she was about to slid it open, another hand appeared over hers, clenching it. She startled and felt warm breath hitting her skin.

Naruki turned around and saw Itachi, his dark grey eyes blocked on hers. She backed a little and her back pressed against the shower door. Itachi kept their eye contact and slowly took off the pieces of clothing. Naruki watched as in a few moments he remained naked in front of her. He started to walk towards her and rose his hands beside her head. She felt the door sliding behind her and the steam escaped the cabin. As he did that, his body pressed against hers.

"I-Itachi, I have to tell you- you someth-" she said but he hushed her with his index finger. Then, he rose her from the ground like she weighed nothing and pulled her at his chest. She wrapped her legs around his pelvic region as they were still staring at each other. She saw that his face held many emotions such as desire, lust, guilt and... He slowly walked in the stream of the hot water and pushed her gently against the shower wall.

"Naruki, I
love y-"



"Naruki nee-chan, are you awake?" a voice said. Naruki startled and rose her head alarmed looking around until her eyes fell on the girl in front of her.

"Oh, sorry, Shiori, I guess I fell asleep." she said and removed drops of sweat which had been formed on her forehead. The girl smiled and ran away to continue her play with her brothers. She watched them but her mind was elsewhere She rose her hand and pressed it against her chest. Her heart was beating extremely fast. "I'm having too many remembrances of him." she murmured and took a depp sigh leaning her head down. "This had become so complicated."

"Hello." a voice said cheerfully.

"It's ok, Shiori, I didn't fell asleep again." naruki said and rose her head smiling.

Her smile broke as her eyes fell on the girl in front of her. She had her hands at her back, long red hair, dark green eyes with marks of lines on each side of her nose. Naruki blinked twice.

"He-hello." she said. The four year old girl in front of her recovered her hands from the back and smiled.

"This is for you." she said and gave something to her. Naruki took it shakily as her heart was beating fast, like it was going to escape her chest.

"Thank you." Naruki said and made a small smile. The girl smiled too becoming red. "Would you like to sit next to me?" she asked. The girl's smile broke and shook her head.

"Sorry, but obaa-chan told me to hurry and nii-san is waiting for me." she said in a tiny voice. Naruki's face saddened.

"Oh, ok." she said and the girl turned around starting to run. "Wait! Can you tell me your name?" Naruki yelled at her back. The girl didn't stop but turned her head smiling to see her.

"Of course! It's Sanyu." she said and turned around a corner, disappearing from Naruki's sight.

Naruki got up quickly and started to run in the girl's direction as well. She looked everywhere but there was no trace of the little girl. Breathing heavily she tried to maintain the heart beats.

"That's how I named my daughter," she said and clenched her fist. Realising that she still had something there, she rose her fist and opened it.

She stared at the thing which Sanyu gave her. A flower. She gave her a red peony. Naruki smiled, it was beautiful, and the emanated scent was great. But the thing which made her thoughtful was the girl. She seemed so familiar, the redness, the eyes, the marks and the name...

"NO!" she yelled. There was no possibiloty that... that her... daughter could have survived. "She looked so much like...me and..." she stopped and wiped the tears which fell. "Itachi..." she growled. "If this is a sick joke, I swear, I'll..." she stopped again and looked around. "No, it's not him. There's no sign of his chakra signal. And... Sanyu's disappeared as well." she said.

"What joke?" Hikaru asked. Naruki wiped the remaining tears and turned to the little ones smiling.

"None." she said smiling."Let's get you three back to your father, shall we?" she smiled. The little ones smiled and started to run away. Naruki gave one more look at Sanyu's direction then, sighing she followed them.

They continued their way through the thick crowded streets and arrived finally at a large building. Naruki gasped, there were so many children.

"What kind of Academy is this?" Naruki asked.

"Ninja Academy." Hikaru said.

"We'll start the ninja training in september too." Hitoshi said.

"But what are these kids doing at the academy during summer break? she asked.

"Dad holds special lessons during summer, anyone can come if they want." Shiori said and turned to her. "Come, he is at the training grounds." she said and grabbed her hand.

Naruki followed them being dragged by Shiori and turned around the corner. She wide her eyes open, there were many children on a hill sitting in a circle. She walked and finally reached there. She saw that Naruto he was sitting in the center and on his feet except the the other who were standing with their legs crossed. He saw them coming and made a smile.

"Oh, we have a guest!" he said and everyone turned their heads at her. "Say hello to Naruki." he said.

"Hello, Naruki nee-chan!" everyone said smiling or waving. She stopped and made a small smile.

"Hello." she waved.

"Ok kids, now where we? Ah yes. Lean on your back and close your eyes." he said and everyone confirmed. "You can do this if you want to." Naruto said turning to Naruki. At first she was about to refuse but his children grabbed her by the shirt until she took a sit in the circle then on the grass as well.

Naruto smirked only to receive a glare from her. Sighing she leaned on her back and stared at the sky filled with clouds. There were so many shapes and forms. Naruto checked everyone if they had their eyes closed.

"You too." he grinned when he reached Naruki. Sighing she complied. Naruto smiled then went in the middle.

"Now think at your greatest wish, desire, or something that you want for a long time." he said and passed beside each kid. Naruki thought. What was her greatest desire? Killing the Akatsuki? Having her revenge? Or something else?

She frowned. What about having a family? Living children and a husband? She smiled, she would love that to be real, her kids playing in the garden and her husband along with her watching them. Yes, that was her wish.

"Open your eyes." Naruto said and everyone did that. "Look at the clouds, do they look like the things you want?" he asked. "I know that my cloud looks like a bowl of ramen." he said and the others chuckled.

"Yes, I see there a doll." a girl said cheerfully.

"I see a cookie." a boy said.

"I see a bunny!" another girl said.

"Look there's a boat!" another kid said. And many others said that they saw something there. Naruki sighed, her family wasn't on any cloud.

"But I can't see my wish there." a voice said. Naruki turned and saw Shiori pouting. Naruto turned to her.

"It's ok, some of you might not see their wishes there. But that doesn't seem that they don't exist or that they can't become true." he said and gave Naruki a look. "They are still in our mind." he said and pointed to his head, "And in our heart." he pumped his chest. "The only important thing is that that no one can take them for you, they are your wishes, even though they won't happen in the next five minutes, hours or days. They are still there, waiting to become true." he said. "If you'll believe in them and think only about that they will become true someday, then the time spent doing that will make it worth the waiting because, when they'll become true, they will make us happy than we have ever imagined." he said and got out of the circle.

Naruki turned her gaze at the sky again, her wish was there, waiting to become true after all.
End Notes:
Muhaha, this is part 2! Please review!! I'll update next weekend, ja ne!
The Fight part 1 by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 19 will be also in two parts XD
Disclaimer I *sniff* do *sniff* not own *sniff* Naruto! Whyyy can't I?? *faints*
Anyway, please rate high and review. Your reviews make me happy and are encouraging me to continue the story. So pretty please T_T
It was almost afternoon, the sun was shining bright and the wind was blowing rather hard. She jumped higher and higher, reaching the top branches of a tall pine tree. Concealing her chakra she removed some of the leaves and her eyes fell on the building in front of her. A smirk crossed her lips as she realised that she finally found it. The only problem was if they were expecting her. She looked around and soon noticed the grey-haired man which was sitting on the steps of the building. 'He went inside already. Good.' she thought and disappeared from her spot.

Inside the filthy building, a tall man with a mask covering his lower face made his way through the rooms until he reached a bathroom. Seeing that there was no one around he went to a wall and knocked three times. He made a pause then knocked two more times. Right then the door slid off revealing a dark room.

"I got the Twelfth Elite Guardian." he said. "Where's the bounty?" he added. Soon, from the dark room a figure emerged from it. He saw a short fat guy with a moustache and baldness.

"Ah, Kakuzu, my faithful bounty hunter." he said. "It's right here." he said and rose a suitcase smirking.

Kakuzu took it quickly and gave the bald man a loincloth with the fire symbol and the sign of number twelve.

"Are you sure it's everything?" he asked.

"Very sure, no more no less than 50.000 yen." he grinned and stared at the cloth in his hand. "Be sure to come again, Kakuzu." he said.

"As long that it's about money, I will." he said and went directly to a sink and put the suitcase on it. The bald man smirked and threw the cloth at his back then walked towards the masked man. Kakuzu opened the suitcase and for his surprise, it was empty. "Hey, what are you trying to pull? The suitcase is empty." he said and turned around. The man in front of him started to chuckle and the disguise started to fade. Kakuzu stared with surprise at the woman in front of him.

"You, you're dead!" he said. Naruki shook her head smiling.

"Am not." she said and rose her right hand. "If I were you I would be careful around things like those." she said and motioned him to look at the suitcase. He turned around and saw the suitcase being filled with many tags. "KAI!" she yelled.

Outside, Hidan was staring blankly at the forest in front of him. Letting out a curse that his partner was late, he took his bible and started to read from it. Only his belief in Jashin-sama would make him feel better now.

Sensing someone approaching him, he rose his head and saw a little girl passing by. He stared at her curious. The blonde girl turned her head towards him and giggled. He rose an eyebrow.

"What's so fucking funny?" he blurted out. The girl didn't seem offended by his foul language but continued to smile.

"You." she giggled. Hidan frowned, since when he was someone to be laugh at? He would show her right now what this funny man can do. He smirked, a sacrifice for Jashin-sama. That would be perfect.

He took his scythe in his hand as the girl stared at him. She didn't make a move but continued to smile at him. He saw that. 'What's with her? She doesn't seem scared.' he thought and got up. For his surprise the girl made a few steps towards him smirking.

"What's wrong? Hesitating to hit a girl who laughed at you?" she said in a different voice and gave him a cold glare. Hidan blinked.

"That voice! You're..." he started, but he couldn't continue as the building behind him exploded. He had been sent many meters away and hit many trees ripping them off from the ground. He landed with a loud thud and felt pain coming from each part of his body. He didn't mind it, he was used to pain, but hell, his back had been burnt and his skin turned to a black one. "Fuck!" he yelled and took his scythe. "You, bitch!" he yelled and turned around. His eyes fell on the destroyed building in front of him and whose parts were burning hard. "Shit. Kakuzu you better have not died in that low explosion." he murmured and straightened up. He looked around for any trace of Naruki, but with no success. Cursing again, he started to walk towards the large fire in front of him.

Kakuzu didn't have time to react and the only thing he knew was the fire which surrounded him. The building exploded and he had been sent out from it flying. Being caught on fire, he did't realise the woman which was coming straight at him until she pierced him in his back. Letting out a sound of pain, he twisted and caught her by the head.

"You should have stayed dead!" he yelled and his tentacles pierced through her body. She yelled and Kakuzu tightened his grip in order to smash her skull. For his surprise, she punched him in his jaw and soon disappeared in a puff of smoke. Realising that he was still in air, he sent his tentacles and attached them of some tree to lessen the fall. Right when he was about to hit the ground, his tentacles tightened and he stopped right above it.

He got up on his feet quite fast and searched the area for his enemy. He ignored the hole in his chest, it wasn't something to bother with. He made a few steps still looking for her.

"Aren't you going to show yourself?" he said. A laugh echoed around the forest.

"You want to see me so bad?" the voice said. "If that's what you want then, why not?" she said and Kakuzu turned around. His eyes fell in the woman in front of him. She waved smiling. "Hello."

"You always have time to joke around." Kakuzu said and made a few steps towards her. Her smile turned to a smirk and red eyes blocked on his.

"You know how I am, Kakuzu." she said, her grip arond the katanas tightening. Kakuzu took of his mask and Naruki could see the bottom of his face better, mostly his sewed mouth. Also he took off the cloak. She made a step back taking a battle stance.

"Like I told you before, you should have stayed dead." he said. Naruki smiled at his words.

"But where's the pleasure in killing all of you?" she grinned and lunged at him.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Hidan walked towards the building and looked around for Naruki. She had to be somewhere, she couldn't disappear. Sensing her chakra signal he turned around and saw her against a tree smiling.

"Long time no see, Hidan." she said.

"You fucking bitch, don't long-time-no-see with me!" he yelled. She chuckled.

"You have the same old foul language." she said and made a few steps towards him. Hidan calmed himself down, if he wanted to defeat her he had to do it calmly.

"How in the hell are you still allive?" he asked.

"Dunno myself." she said. "But maybe it has to do with you ten." she added. Still staring at her, Hidan maade a symbol on the ground. Naruki knew what he was going to do, now the most important thing was that under no circumstances she must get herself cut by his scythe. She took a battle stance. "Let's begin." she said. Hidan made a smirk.

"Eagerly to die." he said. "Jashin-sama will be pleased for a sacrifice such as yourself." he said and lunged at her with his scythe forward.

Naruki drew her katanas and ran straight at him.

They clashed in very fast fight. He sent countless attacks but she dodged or blocked them quickly not letting him cut her. As they hit again, Naruki pushed harder and jumped back. After they broke apart, Hidan stared surprised at his scythe.

"No blood?" he said and turned his gaze at Naruki who was smirking. She waved with her katanas.

"Still alright." she said. Hidan made a smirk.

"Hm. You've gotten better." he said and lunged at her again doubling his attacks. Naruki dodged them with great speed and made a few kage bunshin of her. All of them surrounded him and Hidan twisted his scythe and hit each one making them disappear in a puff of smoke. He went towards the last one and tried to hit her but she blocked him fast. She jumped in air and succeded in landing a kick in his shoulder. Ignoring it he continued his fight. She jumped backwards as he was coming with his scythe forward in order to plant a cut.

"Kawara Shuriken (Tile Shuriken)!" she made a few hand signs and yelled. Suddenly, pieces of barks from the trees or even rocks detatched themselves and turned into tiny sharp pieces of shuriken. She guided with her hand and all of them have been sent towards him. He saw them coming at dodged each one with his scythe twisting in air or jumping at his right or left. He caught some of them betweeh his fingers and sent them back at her.

Seeing them coming, she made a sign and wind started to blow making them stop. Hidan, not being impressed saw an opening and ran quickly at her with his scythe forward. Indeed, she wasn't paying attention to him and she turned around too late. Grinning he knocked into her making her fall on the ground a few meters away. He smirked and stared at his bleeding scythe then appeared in the center of his symbol which he drew earlier.

"Apparently you're still not that good enough." he said. Naruki shivered and climbed up on her feet shakily. As she did that she let out a sound of pain and her hand gripped her right arm. It was bleeding. She rose her gaze and stared at Hidan as he licked the blood from the scythe. She watched how his body turned black with white markings of his skeleton. Grinning he rose his scythe and pointed at her. "Repent!" he said and cut his left arm.

Naruki put her hand quickly at her left arm and yelled in pain. Grinning even more he cut his leg as well. Naruki fell on the ground yelling in even more pain and holding her leg. Was this really her end? She scowled and tried to heal herself. Hidan saw the purple chakra surrounding her and rose his scythe at his heart.

"You're not fast enough. Any lost words?" he said and pushed his scythe.
End Notes:
Arg.... the suspense... XD will she die? Find out in the next chapter heheh.
The Fight part 2 by atenademon
Author's Notes:
So this is chapter 2! Please review T_T
Landing in a crouched position, Naruki gripped her left shoulder.

"Kuso." she grimaced. "Not now, please!" she said gritting her teeth but her back started to pump.

Kakuzu's arm returned to its place after he extended it earlier to hit her. He stared at her smirking and made a few steps towards her. She cut his left arm but it was attaching itself back. She fell on her knees holding her left shoulder as runes started to cover her left part of body including her face. They were glowing orange and Naruki's eyes went white. Kakuzu smirked and two of his hearts, the fire and the wind ones left his body and landed beside him. He made a few hand signs.

"This is your end." he said and his hearts took black shapes with white masks. Naruki started to shake uncontrollably and fell on her back. Her hand made its way towards the pouch and grabbed a tag from it. Kakuzu saw it then sent his two hearts towards her. The two shapes went fast towards her and Naruki made a hand sign.

"Supress!" she yelled and the runes started to disappear slowly. Her eyes went red again and she moved her gaze towards the two shapes horrified. The two hearts combined themselves into one single body and opened their mouth simultanously. She tried to escape but they got right in front of her and she wide her eyes open as the attack was about to escape their mouths. Kakuzu watched smirking the whole scene. 'It seems that she found a way to control her seal. No matter, she'll die now.' he thought for himself and made a hand sign to quicken his hearts attack.

Naruki knew that there was nothing left to do and waited for the attack to come. But right then, she felt something and her head jerked towards left and stared through the trees. 'It worked.' she thought then jumped a few meters back. The attack escaped the mouth of the hearts but it seized immediately. Behind them, Kakuzu fell on his knees as pain went through each part of his body. He started to bleed from deep cuts which had been been made with an invisible blade.

"What are you doing?" he asked loud as blood trickle down. She made a smirk and took her katanas.

"Nothing, your partner does." she said and stabbed them in the ground. She saw that he made the same hand signs before and the two hearts opened their mouths again. 'Kuso.' she thought and made hand signs fast. "Fuuton: Furyuu Endan! (Wind Element: Wind Dragon Missile)! she yelled and wind started to blow around her taking an invisible form of a dragon. She sent him towards the two hearts and made nother series of hand signs. "Katon: Karyuu Endan!" she yelled and a huge jet of fire escaped her lips. The jet caught a dragon form and combined itself with the wind dragon. Soon a larger dragon appeared and went straight towards the two hearts. The attack made hard contact with their own creating a huge explosion. Naruki jumped away but kept the jutsu on. She guided her dragon and it surrounded the body. "Separate!" she yelled and the large dragon separated in two smaller ones. She made a sign and the two dragons hit each mask. The fire one hit the fire mask and the wind one hit the the wind mask.

The body caused self destruction and the two masks had been broken into pieces. The smoke surrounded the area making it hard to breathe or see. She started to pant hard and fell on the ground shivering. 'Two hearts with one attack.' she thought and smiled. 'The lightning I took it earlier with the wind sword." she coughed. 'I still have two more.' She tried to get up but as she did that a tentacle pierced her through her chest.

"Kuso!" she yelled as blood escaped her lips. The tentacle twisted her in air and threw her around the area knocking some trees. She watched as Kakuzu was panting hard on the ground still bleeding hard from the cuts. After hitting her many more times he pulled her close to him. She started to cough and stared at him with cold eyes.

"Die!" he yelled and another tentacle had been sent towards her.


Hidan smirked as the scythe had been pushed at his heart with fast speed. He stabbed himself and Naruki let out a terryfing scream. He watched as Naruki went numb and started to fall towards the ground not breathing anymore.

"None!" a voice said from behind him. Hidan wide his eyes open and turned around. Right then two blades made a scissor form and ripped his head off. Blood started to spurt from the cut and the head landed a few meters away in grass. The uncoscious Naruki disappeaered in a puff of smoke and the real one stabbed the headless body in diffrent parts on his back with her katanas sending her wind chakra through each attack. The body fell on the ground and not taking a glance at it she walked away.

She went right at the muffling head and pushed it with her foot. Hidan's face turned to her and gave her a surprised look.

"You! But how? I cut you." he yelled. Naruki pointed her katana at his head.

"No. You didn't cut me. When you knocked into my clone, she put another blood sample on your scythe. I ordered her to stay and to fake the pain so you would think that you won." she said.

"But whose blood I took?" he asked. Naruki rose her katanas above him smirking.

"Kakuzu's." she said. "Prepare to die! For real!" she yelled and let her katanas down.


Naruki leaned her head forward and watched how the tentacle was coming right at her. She sent a scared look but right then, the tentacle stopped at just a few milimeters from her left eye. Kakuzu wide his eyes open and started to shake as a hole formed in his chest. The tentacle loosen it's grip an Naruki disappeared in a puff of smoke. Kakuzu fell on his knees breathing hard. As he was doing that his eyes fell on two feet in front of him. He rose his head and stared at Naruki who had an emotionless face. She pointed her katanas at him.

"Tell me where's Itachi." she growled. "Now!" she yelled. Kakuzu breathed hard but he refused to talk. Instead he moved slowly one of his tentacles towards her. She didn't notice it coming from behind.

"Die!" he yelled and speeded up his tentacle. Naruki turned around fast and caught the tentacle with her hand. She pulled the tentacle and along with it came Kakuzu's body. She spinned around and twisted him in air. Finally she let go but he was still airborne. Crouching she jumped with force until she reached him. Her eyes gone redder than ever and she clenched her fists as purple chakra surrounded them. Letting a yell she started to hit him coninously. With each hit she sent him faster towards the ground. She punched and kicked him everywhere. Because of the wounds, he wasn't able to dodge or block so he received all of them.

"Take this!" she yelled and gave him one last punch. With that one, he had been sent with full speed towards the ground. Naruki watched him fall and soon she started to fall as well.

Kakuzu fell and hit the ground creating a large crater around him. Naruki landed in a crouch position near the crater. She went at the edge and saw him lying on his back, bleeding hard. She climbed down to him quickly.

Grabbing him by his collar she rose him from the ground.

"Tell me, now, you bastard!" she yelled. Kakuzu opened his eyes but didn't say anything. She shook him by the collar. "Tell me!" she said. He coughed.

"He is coming after... you." he said. Naruki wide her eyes open. So he get the message after all. She wanted to ask him something else but saw a cut had been formed at his neck and also on his back detroying the other remaining hearts as well. She realised that her clone finished Hidan after all. Using her Ryakugan, she saw that he had indeed died, there was no more life source inside him. Sighing, she let go of his shirt and jumped out of the crater.

She took her katanas from the ground and sheathed them. Taking another galnce at the crater she turned around to leave.

Sound of fast steps made themselves heard and a person landed in front of her. She stopped and the person nodded. She nodded too and the clone disappeared in a puff of smoke.

"Another two down. Six more until you, Itachi." she murmured and removed the red locks from her eyes. She made a smirk as other persons approached her from behind.

"Naruki-sama, are you alright?" a voice said.
Naruki turned around and made a smile.

"Yes, a few scratches. You are a bit late." she smiled at the 4 Jounins from Konoha in front of her: Izumo, Kotetsu Asuma and Shikamaru.

"Here is Kakuzu from Waterfall country and 50 m at your right is Hidan, or what remained of him. The four Jounins sent her surprised looks and went to investigate the corpses.

Sighing, Naruki shook the dust off of her and started to walk away limping. Next target.
End Notes:
So what do you think of it? Good or bad? Please tell me!
A Companion by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 21, please review T_T
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto *dies*
Naruki woke up in the night in terrible sweat. She stared around frightened as memories of her dream, no, nightmare rushed through her mind. She started to tremble and caught her head with her arms wipping away the sweat. She had the same dream for days now. She looked at the clock which was on the cupboard. It showed 3 am.

Still trembling she got out of the bed and went in the kitchen. Getting a glass of water she went at the window and stared through it at the sleepy village.

"Why am I dreaming about nii-san?" she asked loud. She leaned her head forward and touched the cold glass of the window which sent shivers down her spine.

These last few days she kept on dreaming about the day she graduated the Academy and about her small talk with her older brother before he went on his first and last mission as captain. She still remembred their words exactly. He was concerned about her harsh training and asked why was she doing that to herself.

Naruki's face softened. Her brother took care of her everytime she was in distress and was very protective with her. She loved him very much. And also she hated the fact that he had to be sent in that fake mission.

After her graduation her dream would turn badly and show the scene when Amegakure got destroyed. She still remembered the faces of the villagers who got killed including Ichiro, her presumed husband. It sent for the second time that night, shivers through her body.

She drank the whole glass in one swallow and closed her eyes shut. She didn't wanted to cry, not that night, not ever. She opened them and stared at the village. This one was the fifth in two weeks she searched for any trace of her 'teammates'. It was strange, since she killed Hidan and Kakuzu, the others didn't even show themselves to anyone. And they haven't done missions or tasks. She sighed, they probably got the message that she was after them.

She made a wide smirk. Naruki knew them very well, they were trying now to find her and eliminate her for good. She chuckled, they would make it easier for her now that they were coming after her.

Naruki put the glass in sink and walked went again at the window gazing through it. Her eyes went red for a second then returned back to blue.

"She's still following me." Naruki said frowning. "Since I left Konoha she stalked me everywhere. Naruto-san probably sent her." she sighed. "I can see that she is good with hiding her chakra, but not good enough to escape my kekkei genkai." she smirked.

Naruki was right, when she left Konoha, Naruto sent one of his guard captains to follow her. He would have left after her by himself but he still had to a village to take care of. So he sent her. Naruki smiled, the woman was sitting on the roof of the hotel opposite Naruki's. Her silhoutte could be seen in the silvery light of the full moon and her hair was flipping in the whispering wind.

"If she'll follow me everywhere, she'll get herself killed." Naruki murmured and closed her eyes.

On the roof of the hotel opposite hers, the pink haired woman was staring at the window where Naruki was. Sakura knew very well that Naruki would be going in the kitchen to drink a glass of water. She did the same thing every night. After the nightmare. But this time was different, Sakura noticed that Naruki was staring right in her direction. Could it be that she had been spotted? But how, she took every precaution so she wouldn't be found. Naruto also told her to be careful around Naruki, she was very intelligent and had incredible power. Defeating her was almost impossible.

Sakura let out a sigh in relief as Naruki left the window and went to her bedroom. Another usual night. She saw that the chakra flow weakened meaning that she fell asleep. She moved her gaze and watched her sleep but soon there was a change of wind. She didn't mind about it, but something caught her attention.

"Who are you?" a voice whispered in her ear sending shivers down the spine. She tried to move her head but a kunai was being held at her neck. "Don't move if you don't want to get cut." Naruki said putting the sharp object closer to Sakura's neck. Sakura wide her eyes open. How could it be Naruki? She was just watching her a few seconds ago and she was sleeping. She moved her gaze at the bedroom window and saw that there was no one there. 'She's so fast.' she thought.

"Sakura Haruno." she said. The pink haired kunoichi couldn't see Naruki's face but she could feel that the redhead was smirking.

"Well Sakura, why are you following me?" she asked whispering. "Or better said, who sent you?"

Sakura tried to get out from the kunai but without success, Naruki was blocking every chance of her to escape.

"I have an order." she said. "From the Hokage." Naruki frowned and retrieved her hand from Sakura's neck putting the kunai inside her pocket. Sakura turned around and stared at the redhead.

"I suggest you should stop following me, what I'm doing is not for people like you. You'll die." she said and stared at her.

"I can't, an order is an order. And I'm the Hokage's first guard, I'll do whatever he says." Sakura said regaining her composture. Naruki rose an eyebrow at her words, "First guard, huh?' she said to herself and a smirk crossed her lips.

"So you don't care if you'll die?" she asked. Sakura frowned, Naruki could see that she was hesitating. "As I said, my job is not for people like you." she murmured and turned around walking away.

"What kind of people?" she said. Naruki stopped and turned around a bit.

"People who don't know what true pain is. People who only feel happiness." she said and walked again. Sakura frowned and started to walk after her.

"Even if I'm not like you that doesn't mean that I'm going to quit. The Hokage is the person who I respect and I always do what he'll ask me. And even if I don't know what pain is I'll learn that following you." she said clenching her fists. Naruki stopped and so did Sakura.

"You're not following me because you want to learn what pain is, you want to find a person who left you and Konoha a long time ago. You hope that following me you'll find him." she said.

Sakura wide her eyes open, how did she knew? She frowned staring at her back. She felt that she was hating her right now.

"And don't you think that what happened then is enough pain for me to bare? I tried many times to find him and to bring him back. And now when I have the chance to do this you think I'll let it-"

"At least he's still allive somewhere!" Naruki cut in yelling. She turned around and went quickly to Sakura facing her. "You really think that this is pain? You think that if someone left you is hard to bare?" she yelled and grabbed her by the collar. "At least your love is still allive somewhere. But mine isn't! Mine died! And I blame myself for that because I couldn't protect the persons I loved. I couldn't help them!" she said full of rage and her eyes faded to dark red. "You do not know what pain is! Not even a bit! You have your guarantee that he can come back but I don't! They died and everything I'd try won't bring them back!" she yelled and let go of her. Sakura fell on her back staring with shock at the woman filled with rage in front of her. Those red eyes were piercing her and she could feel the killing intent surrounding her. She tried to get up but her body didn't move, it felt paralysed and she couldn't only stare at the red eyes. Blood red eyes. Eyes used to the sight of blood and murder.

"I-"

"Don't say anything. What you just said it's already enough." she murmured. "I'll let you go. You can do whatever you want, follow me, return back to Konoha, anything. Just... don't get in my way or don't interfere in what I'm going to do." she added silently and her eyes faded back to blue. She stretched her hand forward. "I'll show you where he is. But I'm not doing for you, I'm doing it for him mostly." she said and Sakura grabbed her by the hand. "His place is in Konoha even if he doesn't admit it."

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

The next day, Naruki left the village at dawn with Sakura following her. This time Sakura kept distance, the events from last night imprimed in her mind and fear for the ex-assasin grew inside her. Especially for those eyes. She noticed pain rushing through them and very much regret.

Naruki was walking silently through the forest paying attention to the slightest movement and Sakura was skipping on the branches of the trees.

"I see that you still want to come even after what happened last night." Naruki said not stopping from walking. Sakura sped up and finally reached the redhead.

"I learnt not to be afraid of anything or anyone." she said. Naruki started to chuckle.

"Oh, cut it out with these phrases of true shinobi. I know already the reason, you can talk freely about it. I'm not going to judge you. I can't do that anymore." she said and turned her head only to give her a sly smile. "Even if I can't trust you."

"Then how could I tell what's on my mind if you don't trust me. Or better said, if I don't trust you." she said between her jumps. Naruki chuckled again.

"You're smarter than I thought." she smiled. "We can learn to trust each other perhaps sometime, don't you think?" she said giving her a truthful smile.

After those words, they stayed silent for a while only the sound of the leaves was disturbing the quietness.

"You saw him, didn't you?" Sakura murmured. Naruki hesitated.

"Yes." she said not turning around.

"Why didn't you tell Naruto?" she asked. "He blames himself for not being able to stop Sasuke-kun."

Naruki stopped and so did Sakura.

"I wanted but I couldn't. He's like me. And I'm like him." she said and walked again. "He wants to destroy the source of his pain. Which is the same as mine." she whispered the last part. "And also... I owe him for saving me. If he would have been somebody else, he would have left me die burning along with the village."

"He saved you..." Sakura murmured to herself not believing the words she just said.

"And took care of me for three years while I was in coma." she said. "I owe him that much." she stopped. Sakura did the same and stared at her. "We're here." she said and Sakura moved her gaze in front of her. She gasped, it was a large building.

"Akatsuki base." she whispered. Naruki made a smirk and took her cloak off. She tokk a scroll and made a few hand signs. After that, the cloak and the handbag disappeared. "Now you can show me how good you are as a shinobi. This will be a deadly fight." she said. Sakura gulped and landed beside Naruki. "Be careful and under no circumstances let yourself get killed."
End Notes:
Please review I really need reviews so I would know that you weant me to continue it -_-
The love of a broken heart by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Dun dun dun, chapter 22, people! Hope you like the story so far, not getting too much reviews though but I can say my "thank you's" to the ones who did review. But I would like to know if you want me to continue it, just give me a hint, anything!
*sighs* enjoy the reading and oh well... the twist, perhaps? Dunno what it is myself XD
Sakura stared speechless at Naruki's smiling face. The kunoichi could see that she was boiling with anxiety. She wanted to fight right at the moment, with any person.

"Don't worry, it will end soon." she said and started to walk towards the house. Sakura frowned and put her gloves on. She won't let the redhead have all the fun. And also... she had to take Sasuke back now that Naruki agreed on helping her. "Be careful, that's all I'm asking from you." Naruki said serious with her back at Sakura. "Just...stay allive." she murmured.

Sakura gazed at her. She could see her tensed muscles on the back and also a few runes on her left shoulder. She wanted to say something about it but Naruki pulled the shirt over her left shoulder, covering the runes. Naruki leaned forward and ripped pieces of the skirt which she was wearing so she would move easier. Sakura frowned and went beside her.

"I'm ready." she said. Naruki made a smile then bit her thumb and made a few hand signs.

"Kuchiyose no Jutsu." she said and a small bird appeared from a puff of smoke. "Cut the chakra strings." she said and the bird flew away fast. Naruki turned to Sakura. "The area is filled with strings made especially for living beings which use chakra. When someone approaches, these will respond to the chakra signal and set off the alarm. Then they will know that someone is near." she said. Sakura thought about for a little, confusion written on her face.

"But what about your bird?" she asked. Naruki grinned.

"I've trained my bird especially for these strings. My bird sees the strings because she is a type which consumes chakra. She will go everywhere chakra is present. I think there's a clan from your village which uses bugs for this kind of thing." she added. Sakura nodded, the Aburame clan rose bugs for these purposes.

After a few moments, the bird landed on Naruki's shoulder. Naruki nodded and started to walk again being followed by Sakura. They walked silently paying attention to the slightest movement or sight. They were on a dangerous territory after all, and they didn't know how many members were at the base right now.

Arriving at the door, Naruki made a hand sign and the door opened by itself. She frowned.

"That's odd..." she murmured. "Wait outside, if you see something, let me know immediately." she said. Sakura nodded and Naruki entered the house.

She searched each room for anything suspicious but for her surprise there was nothing and no one. Taking a kunai from her pouch she gave the bird a look. Understanding what she meant, the bird flew away and Naruki went up the stairs. There were many rooms with beds. These were the member's, of course. She searched each one but they were empty.

The rooms were nine in total and when she reached the last one, her heart was beating fast. She gulped and put the hand on the handle. She knew whose room was. Each room had its different signature of the owner. Holding her breath she pressed it and the door opened slowly. She tightened the grip around the kunai and entered the dark room.

As she expected, the room was black. The bed was opposite the door next to a window where the curtains blocked the light from coming in. She made a few steps until she reached the middle and stared around. It was his room, she could feel it. She put her kunai inside the pouch as her heart was beating faster, she wanted to slow the beats but it was impossible, even after all those years and after all those words she was still weak when it would come about him.

Breathing rather heavily she searched it and saw a desk with a chair and a wardrobe next to it. She made a few steps lazily towards it and opened the door with a small creak. As soon as she did that, a smell covered her nostrils and sent explosions through her body. It was his smell. The thing which she adored the most in this world, beside him.

Shakily she rose her hand and touched the fabric of the clothes, they were smooth at touch. She took one shirt from the hanger and stared at it. Her nails digged deep in the material and she breathed the smell. It reminded so much of him. She felt like he was right there with her. So many things happened between them, so many words had been exchanged between them and so many promises had been made to each other. Promises...

Her head snapped and she removed the shirt away from her as if it was contagious and stared at it with rage. She made also a promise that she would kill him and that she would erase those feelings for him from her heart. The oath... Now she remembered why she was there. She shook her head in annoyance as she couldn't believe what she did a few moments ago. Her fists clenched the material and in just a second a sound of something ripping filled the room.

She stared at the two pieces of clothing in her hands and let them fall on the ground. Letting a small curse, her face turned from an angry one to a frowning one as she sensed something. Turning to her left she saw that there was another door on a wall. A bathroom perhaps. She took the kunai from her pouch and made a few steps towards it. As she went closer a sound could be heard more clearly and clearly. 'Water turned on?' she thought. Could it be that someone was there after all? And also thinking that this was his room... could it be him?

Gulping at that thought she went closer until her left shoulder was leaning against the wall. It was now very clear that the sound was one of a shower. She stretched her left hand until it reached the handle.

She was about to press the handle until a large noise caught her attention and she turned her head to her right only to see the bird flying fast towards her and letting out sound of panic. Not waiting for anything else she straightened and without taking another glance at the door of the bathroom she started to run down the stairs, without wasting any second.

"SAKURA!!" she yelled still running towards the front door where the pink haired was. In her running state she noticed the same sound coming from each room. Now she realised it, she had to get far away or she would die. But for her surprise, there was no trace of Sakura. Panicked, she thought that maybe the kunoichi was in the house but she had to get away from the house. "SAKURA! If you're inside the house, GET OUT! NOW!" she yelled as loudly as she could but there was no answer. Slightly relieved that she wasn't there she continued her way towards the door. Nothing mattered right now, only to get out of that house. She slipped through the door quickly and suddenly something pink caught her attention.

"Wha-What's wrong?" Sakura asked confused but alarmed in the same time.

"Just run!" Naruki yelled and grabbed her by the hand pulling Sakura after her. Sakura started to run as well or she would have fallen. They just made three steps that a huge sound filled air as the building behind them exploded. Naruki turned her head and saw the parts which were flying towards them. Sakura saw them too and jumped from left to right or inverse so they would dodge them.

Naruki looked behind her and saw that the flames were coming fast towards them.

"We won't make it!" Sakura yelled in agony. Seeing that there wasn't any chance of escaping them by running Naruki grabbed Sakura with both hands and threw her with full force away from the fire. Sakura couldn't even realise what was happening that she found herself flying towards some trees in the distance. "Naruki!" she yelled but the redhead disappeared in fire.

She flew away and landed on a tree from the forest which was surounding the area. She tried to catch any glimpse of Naruki but unsuccessfully as the smoke covered all the area and everything was burning. She tried to walk but right then she felt pain coming from her leg and saw that she had a deep cut because of the sharp objects which had been sent from the explosion. She put her hands on the cut and green flame surounded it meaning that she was healing herself.

After she finished she decided to jump down and look for Naruki. As she did that something caught her attention and she turned around to see what was wrong.

"Aaaahh!"

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX

Naruki pulled herself towards safety with rapid movements and landed beside a tree panting hard. Safe from the fire, she straightened shakily from the ground and stared around for any trace of her companion. She saw that the house was burning hard down to pieces and the smoke covered the whole sky. She realised that the 'shower' noise was coming from the exploding tags. Then, a scream filled her ears and she noticed that it was Sakura's.

"Sakura!" she yelled but nothing.

Naruki was worried, something happened to Sakura. Maybe some of the Akatsuki members got her? Still panicked she straightend and pulled the wires which she used to grab herself to the trees and put them back in her pouch. She closed her eyes while making a sign. She stayed a few seconds like that then opened her eyes shocked.

"Kuso." she murmured and started to walk away from the tree. She removed the already burnt parts of her clothes and started to run fast. She saw that Sakura's chakra flow was very weak and that she was injured badly. Scolding herself saying that it was her fault that this happened she quickened her pace. She had to save Sakura.

While she was running a sound made itself heard and she stopped. Naruki noticed it and saw that her small bird escaped the fire as well. She turned to it and the bird chirped happily. She sent a worried and confused look to the bird in the same time. "Please, scan the area for any Akatsuki members and-" she stopped.

Wind started to blow behind her and chills went through her body. Her red eyes went wide open and turned to blue-green. She didn't expect it to be so soon. She didn't see this coming. The bird chirped happily and flapped her wings as her second master was there as well. Naruki couldn't breathe, couldn't move, couldn't do anything at all. She just stared hopeless at the bird. She noticed also something hot hitting the back of her neck. She knew what that meant but in the same time she didn't. She leaned her gaze as a tear, just one escaped her right eye and fell down her cheek. She felt it how it reached her chin then fell down until it made contact with steel.

Steel. That was right. Not her steel but the one's which went through her chest. She stared at it trembling, she could see her reflection. She was white, her eyes were losing colour and she felt numb. She couldn't feel anything at all but one thing she could feel. The hot breath hitting the back of her head. As she stared at the blade she saw red liquoir dripping from it. Her blood. She started to shake, blood escaped her lips too and she could feel that this was her end. She was so close to achieve her goal but yet... she was far from doing it.

But even in those moments she couldn't help it but smirk and blush in the same time. It wasn't the usual red tomato one but a very very slight pink.

"Not even in this moment you won't say something?" she whispered and turned her head a little. Her eyes of a moribund stared into red crimson ones with three tomoes. The owner of the eyes frowned but kept his state.

"What it is to be said to a dying person?" he asked. Naruki smiled and chuckled but as she did that pain went more through her body making her stop.

"This is the second time you do this, don't you?" she asked breathing hard and coughing. "Ne, Itachi?" she said and a slight shade of red traced her eyes but disappeared quickly.

"This time there won't be mistakes." he said and pushed harder in her making her scream loud. She couldn't maintain her yell, the pain was too big. She tried to bit her lip to stop the yell so he won't feel good that he was causing pain to her. As he did that his body reached hers and he could feel her cold one against his hot one. She shakily rose her gaze at him but she stared at him worried not with anger or rage.

"What happened to Sakura? My companion?" she asked rather silently. Itachi rose an eyebrow at this thing, Naruki wasn't the person to care about others.

"She is dying at the moment we speak." he said coldly. Naruki didn't say anything but a smile crossed her lips.

"No, you're wrong... she will survive and live on happily." she said.

"Unlike you." he whispered. Naruki's smile didn't broke but continued to stare at him. She forced herself so she won't lose her consciousness. She had an amasing will power.

"I haven't answered your question." she grimaced. Itachi stared at her confused. "The one with the words of a dying person." she continued. "There aren't many words but only one.... and that's sorry." she said. "The one you were... never... good... at..." she said.

"Only fools believe in things such as forgiveness." he whispered in her ear. She didn't make a move at all and he retrieved the sword from her body. Naruki let out another sound of pain and he backed away as her lifeless body started to fell towards the ground on its back. She gave him one more look and tried to get up but the pain was too big. She untensed and closed her eyes not breathing anymore. He watched it and sheathed his katana. He leaned over her and stared at her face. Her beautiful face.

He stretched his right hand and removed some of the locks of her now shorter hair from her face. He traced his fingers over the forehead, eyelids, nose, cheeks and lips and stopped. He touched her soft, rosy lips again then retrieved his hand.

"Deidara was wrong back then." he said and lowered his hand and touched ther pool of blood which gathered around her. He sank two fingers in it and retrieved them. He rose them and drew something on her chest near the suprasternal snotch then he straightened up.

He made a few steps but stopped and turned around.

"It's better if you stay dead now. If you come back it will be only suffering for you." he murmured and walked again through the trees.

He didn't take not even a single glance and disappeared. The body which he left behind remained in the same position being lighted by the fire of the building which exploded.

A few meters away, between some bushes, a pair of brown eyes watched the whole scene and the owner showed himself. Looking around, the person made a few steps and reached the lifeless body. He leaned over it and stared at the face of the woman. A smile crept on the person's lips.

"At last, I found you, dear." a feminine voice said.
End Notes:
Please review and rate, thank you!
Teachings by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 23, yep! This takes place in the past, I know another flashback but I did it to explain some things, hehe. Enjoy and don't forget to review please!
It was a sunny day in the summer. The wind was blowing rather nicely and the rays of the sund enlightened the whole forest. But explosions along with yells had been heard in the distance and broke the tranquility of that day.

"Ouch! Dei-san it hurts too much!" a twelve-year old girl whined while caressing her leg. Deidara stared at her angry. She was so clumsy and did everything he told her wrong.

"These are barely C1's Naruki, they are not even called bombs at all, hm." he said. The girl rose her head and Deidara saw that she still had the blindfold on. "I told you before, and I'm telling you now, hm. Concentrate chakra in your legs and arms. When you'll walk closely by a clay bomb of mine, which are made of chakra, you'll sense the signal which they emit. So just try to dodge them, hm." he said.

"Ok, ok, sensei, I understand now." she sighed and turned around. Deidara watched her as she started to walk away blindly because of the cloth which was over her eyes. She didn't even make a step that she already detonated a bomb. Deidara sighed and grabbed his head with his hands thinking that he would die right then. How could she be so clumsy? She didn't even listen to his hints. He even gave her more than enough and she still didn't figure it out how to dodge the bombs. "Senseei." she whined. "Can I try something else?" she asked. Deidara sighed.

"No, you can't, hm. You'll stay here in the forest until you'll learn how to concentrate your chakra. If it's necessary you will sleep here tonight, no tent, no bed, no nothing, hm." he said. Naruki's jaw dropped down.

"EEEH?" You can't be serious sensei! " she yelled." I know it's summer, but it's cold at night. You're joking, right?" she asked alarmed.

"I'm very serious, you started this training since four days and you still didn't make any progress, hm." he said crossing his arms.

"But it's too haaaard." she whined. Deidara twitched.

"Fine, if you don't want this training then I'll ask Hidan to train you, hm." He said and a wide smirk crossed her lips as her whining face turned to shocked one. She ran straight at him and put her hands like praying.

"NO! I like this training better. Please, don't ask Hidan-sensei to train me." she begged. "I promise that I will finish it until the sun setting." she said and fell on her knees. "Pleaase!" she said.

Deidara rose an eyebrow at this melodramatic scene but she needed a lesson.

"I think that Hidan will do better, I'll go ask him right now, hm." he said and turned around. Naruki gasped and got up on her feet quickly.

"No! Wait!" she yelled exhasparated and made a sign to concentrate her chakra. "Just watch this for one more time." she said and started to run blindly around the area. Deidara stopped and a smirk crossed his lips as he watched how Naruki dodged each bomb. Minutes ago she couldn't even make step without setting a bomb and now she was running.

"She just needs pushing from behind, hm." he murmured to himself. "But she's good even if she has this clumsy faVade. She doesn't want to show her true abilities, hm." he said. "I wonder why..."

"Dei-san you saw?" Naruki asked panting hard when she finished running. She took the blindfold from her eyes and stared at him smiling. Deidara straightened and made a serious face. "It was good?"

"You can say that, hm." he said. "Try in hands now." he said and turned around grinning. Naruki stared at him exhasparated again.

"You're not going to Hidan-sensei, right?" she asked, willingly to know. Deidara stopped and made a smirk.

"Maybe, maybe not, hm." he said and walked again. Naruki twitched and rose her index finger at him.

"Sensei, you're taking advantage of the fact that you're a teacher! It's not fair!" she said pouting. Deidara chuckled and turned around to walk towards her. She watched as he approached her. He leaned forward until he reached her eye-level, winning a confused look from her and took the blindfold from her right hand. Confusion still written on her face, he wrapped the cloth over her eyes, blocking her view.

"If you want to win against him, then you should try getting stronger, hm. Don't you think?" he asked and smiled as her confused face turned to one of rage.

"You're right." she said clenching her fists. "What's the next step, sensei?" she asked. Deidara put his arms on her shoulders and turned her around.

"Concentrate chakra in your senses other than sight: smell, hear, and touch. I will move around you, try to hit me, hm." he said and walked away.

"You'll just walk around me?" she asked as Deidara made circles around her.

"And hit you, hm. Try to block the attacks or dodge. You can try to attack back also, hm." he said.

"Isn't that like... impossible?" she asked. Deidara sighed.

"Stop complaining, remember your goal, hm. If you want to get stronger you'll have to try the impossible." he said. Naruki stopped talking and stayed silent. She had to remember her true goal, she wasn't strong enough to achieve it. She had to get stronger. Complaining and whinning won't do anything good to her, these will just hold her back. She frowned. She won't allow that.

Taking a deep sigh she put her hands in a sign of concentration. Wind started to blow around her and her hair flipped.

As the blow darted off, Deidara lunged at her in order to plant a kick. He came from her right and kicked her making her lose balance. But she didn't say anything she just nodded so he would continue. Giving her a surprised look, he backed away and walked around her. Naruki shook some locks out of her face and tried to listen to anything which would give her a hint where he was.

Seeing an openening, Deidara went straight towards her, but as he was only 2 meters away, she turned around facing him. He stopped and made steps a few at his right with Naruki still facing him. He grinned and jumped on the opposite spot. He rose his hand and tried to punch her but right then she turned around and caught his punch in her left hand.

"Impressive." he smirked then rose his leg. Not expecting it, she got kicked in the stomach and had been sent a few meters away. She landed with a thud and started to cough in need for air. "You let your guard down, hm." he said. "Act like I'm an enemy, fight with all you can, hm." he said.

Naruki rose from the ground shakily and wiped the blood which escaped her lips.

"Fine." she said and frowned but took a battle stance as she sensed a change of wind.

She crouched exactly when Deidara was about to hit her in the face. She twisted and hit his legs but he didn't lose balance. She jumped on her feet and started to run towards him. Deidara watched surprised as she was coming straight at him, like she was able to see him. Series of punches and kicks had been exchanged between them with great speed. They blocked and dodged but got hit by some of them.

They used only taijutsu and Naruki felt like she was going to collapse soon because of the exhaustion. She tried to plant each hit with great speed and that was exhausting her the most. But if she wanted to defeat him, she had to use speed no matter what.

They collided for the last time. Naruki grabbed his fist and Deidara grabbed her leg. Naruki tried to get out of the grip but the other didn't allow it. Naruki panted hard, she reached her limit. Deidara noticed it and let go of her leg.

"That's all, hm " he said.

Naruki lowered her leg down and let go of his fist breathing hard. She removed the blindfold and went to a bench where a bottle of water was. She took a sit and started to drink from it. Deidara joined her too and watched as she gripped her left shoulder for a few seconds.

"How is it?" he asked. Naruki turned to him.

"It aches when I try to overdue myself." she murmured. Deidara gave her a sorry look. "So how was I?" she asked smiling.

"Good, you have some openings but you can cover them, hm." he said smirking. Naruki let a deep sigh of relief.

"That's good to hear." she said smiling. Deidara smiled too at his student but he was still curious about her.

"Naruki?" he said.

"What is it sensei?" she asked smiling.

"You have material for a great ninja, why are you trying to cover your true abilities, hm?" he asked. Her smiling face saddened and she turned her gaze away.

"What makes you think that? I just can't do things right. This is how I am." she murmured leaning her head down. Deidara stared at her and put his hand on her left shoulder.

"You can do things right, even better but you restrain yourself so you would look weak and clumsy." he said. "Why?" he asked.

Naruki startled at the contact and at his grip but didn't say anything. She thought about his question.

"Because I'm scared." she whispered. "I'm scared of hurting someone or even myself. I don't want to do that." she said. Deidara moved his hand and gripped her chin making her look up at him. He made a smile.

"You're too nice for this organisation, hm." he said while her cheeks turned red. "But listen to this: you can hurt someone only if you want to. That's the only way, hm." he said and let go of her chin. He felt somewhat guilty that he lied to her. There was an awkward silence between them until Naruki broke it.

"Dei-san, you know who you remember me of?" she asked smiling.

"Who?"

"My oldest brother. He always cared for me and taught me many things." she said. Deidara was surprised at the comparation but seeing her smiling face, he smiled too.

He put his hand in his pouch filled with clay then retrieved it. He clenched his fist and rose it in front of her. He opened it slightly and Naruki smiled at the sculpture of the little sparrow.

"Dei-san you always called me a sparrow." she laughed and Deidara let the bird fall in her hands. After he made a sign the bird started to move. She rose her hands and the bird started to fly around her. She smiled at the little sculpture.

Suddenly her smile broke and she turned to her left. She recognised the chakra signal and red traced her eyes. Deidara was confused but turned his head to his left as well and saw the source of her discomfort.

"Itachi." he said. The Uchiha walked towards them, his face emotionless. When he arrived in front of them, he didn't even acknowledge Naruki.

"Deidara, leader assigned a mission to you." he said and gave him a scroll. Deidara took it and sent Naruki a look, things would turn bad if he would leave her alone with Itachi. He knew what happened the last time when he did this mistake. Naruki gave Itachi a look filled with rage and clenched her fists until they became white. She despised him so much. Deidara nodded and got up on his feet while putting the scroll in his pocket.

"What about her, hm?" he asked looking at Naruki. Right then, Itachi moved his gaze at Naruki for the first time but just for a moment as he turned again to Deidara.

"She knows her way back." he said coldly. Naruki twitched and felt about starting a fight with him right then.

"I don't know it!" she yelled. He turned to her and gave her a stare.

"Then, find it on your own." he said and turned around. Naruki pouted and got red in the same time. How could he be so cold with everyone? Without a hesitation she grabbed the bird which was flying above her and after squeezing it, she threw it at him.

"Take this as a thank-you gift for offering me help!" she yelled. He was only a meter away and when he was about to gave her one more look, the bird landed on him and caused explosion. After the smoke cleared, Naruki saw that he had been sent a few meters away on his back. She rose her hands at her mouth, not believing what she just had done.

Deidara watched shocked the whole scene. He thought that he was imagining the whole thing. Naruki hit Itachi. That was odd. Itachi just got hurt by a girl which used his own clay sculpture.

"I suggest you should leave right now if you don't want to see him angry, hm. He'll try to kill you." Deidara said. Naruki gave him a scared look then seeing Itachi trying to get up she started to run.

"Sorry." she yelled and sped up her pace. Deidara watched as she disappeared from the sight then, smirking he went to his teammate and helped him get up. Itachi groaned and tried to straighten up, he had some cuts but these were minor.

"It seems that you're pretty injured, hm." Deidara said smirking. Itachi gave him one of his famous death glares.

"When I'll find her..." he murmured. Deidara grinned and helped him straighten up.

"...You're going to kill her, yeah. I'm sure of it." he said chuckling. But do you know something, hm?". Itachi didn't seem very interested in finding out but his teammate seemed eagerly to say.

"What?" he asked. Deidara's smile grew wider.

"She's only a girl now but when she'll get older... she'll be the only one who can defeat you, hm." he said and started to walk away.

Itachi stared at Deidara's back frowning. She was supposed to be the one who will do such a thing? He wanted to say that this was ridiculous and that she was only a weak little girl. She wasn't even capable of killing. But something, yes, something told him that this wasn't impossible. He thought about it and he found himself smirking. He remembered what happened earlier. Maybe she wasn't that weak after all. And maybe just maybe she will defeat him one day.
Fooling Death by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 24,enjoy and don't forget to review!

'I can't defeat him. I just...can't. Whatever I'll do won't help me against him. I don't have enough strength, only hate for him. And hate doesn't help me. Now I'm dead.' o voice echoed in darkness. 'I let you down... everyone. I'm not good enough...' the voice said.

There was for a second silence until something glowing fell on the ground and created a small sound of a drop. 'I'm not worthy for the Hirayama, I'm sorry... Kenji, father. I'm not worthy not even for this world.'

Suddenly, a small patch of light appeared from above and Naruki looked up and saw that the rays were falling right on her. She wiped the tears from her eyes and stared at it. She watched all her life through that hole, from the childhood spent in Kazegakure to the killing missions done while being part of Akatsuki and finally to the part of her seeking revenge.

She started to cry again as she saw the last parts when she met Itachi and when he stabbed her through her chest for the second time, killing her.

'Why am I seeing this?' she asked crying hard and falling on her knees. 'Why am I watching my life?' she yelled. 'I don't want to see it, I just want to let it go and feel nothing!' she yelled again. 'I want to get rid of this life!'

'No, you do not!' another voice said and Naruki stopped crying. She turned around but saw nothing. The only thing illuminated was her as the rays were right above her.

'Who's there?' she asked while getting up and looking around.

'You don't remember me, or my voice?' the voice asked again. Naruki thought a little and noticed that it sounded familiar. very familiar. It was one of a woman voice.

'I'm not sure.... but what are you doing here? Are you dead too?' she asked. Suddenly a small chuckle filled the area raising the hair on Naruki's back.

'No, I'm not dead. As well as you're not.' the voice said this time from behind Naruki and she turned around to see who it was.

'I-I'm not dead?" she asked shocked. 'Why am I here? What is this place?' she asked.
'I brought you here.' the voice said simply. 'This is your mind.' the voice added.
'My mind? Why would you bring me into my mind?' she asked.

'Because... it's in chaos.' she said.

Naruki stared around in emptiness but she realized that the darkness was giving her bad feelings, it seemed very very.... dreadful.

'Why is it in chaos?' she asked. The voice started to laugh again.

'Because you put it in chaos.' the voice said this time at her ear, whispering. Naruki startled and turned around but again, there was no one there.

'But who are you?' she asked. 'Show yourself, please.' she pleaded.

'Of course, dear.' the voice said and then Naruki saw in front of her an old woman with grey hair which had small traces of red and brown eyes. Oddly, she seemed very familiar to her.

r0;Your17;re the woman from Kazegakure! What are you doing here?r1; she asked. The woman didnr17;t answer but with each step she made, Naruki saw that her face features were changing into something else.

'Do you remember me, now?' the woman asked smiling. Naruki wide her eyes open at the new sight and gasped, not believing who it was.

'Gra-Grandmother Ky-Kiyone.' she stuttered and started to cry. 'Wha-... How? Is it really you?" she asked and made a few steps towards her. The old woman smiled sadly and made a few steps as well.

'Yes, dear. It's me.' she said and both of them hugged each other. Kiyone patted Naruki on her back while she was sobbing hard at her chest.

r16;Obaa-chan, I-I missed you so much, I-I thought that you d-died.r17; she said between her cries hugging her tighter. 'I thought that I was the only one left.' she said.

'It's alright dear." the woman said and broke the hug. 'I will explain everything. Now, please, come to the light, to the living world.' she said. Naruki stared at her confused but instinctively she rose her head and stared at the hole in the ceiling. The hole which was the door back to the living. Back to the suffering. Back to the painful memories. Naruki shook her head and made a few steps away from her grandmother.

'No. I don't want to come.' she said. Kiyone stared at her surprised. 'I don't want to live, I want to die, I want to be with my family on the other world. I want to feel.... nothing.' she whispered.

'Naruki, what is the meaning of this? Do you understand what you're saying right now? Do you even believe the words which you're saying?' the woman asked. The red head shook her head.

'No, but I will learn to understand them and believe them. I want to detach myself from everything.' she said. 'And also... there's nothing that connects me to this world. Only... pieces of memories.' she said and turned around.

'And you don't think that those are enough?' the woman asked and made a few steps towards her. 'The granddaughter which I knew I had wouldn't have said recklessly, those selfish things. I knew that my granddaughter was a fighter, an ambitious girl, worthy for a prestigious clan but... you're not anything like her. You just want to let it go, to quit. You don't realize that there are still things which keep you to the world: friends. You have friends and that is enough, they will help you whenever you'll be in distress and they will never let you down. But you will let them down if you turn your back on them and leave this world. You received the second chance to live on this world to fulfill your wishes and desires.

'I don't remember what those are...' Naruki said leaning her head down.

'Then answer me this question.' the old lady said and Naruki felt her warm hand on her cold shoulder.

'Which one?'

'What do you really want? From all things, what do you want to have or what do you want to happen?' she asked. Naruki looked over her shoulder at her grandmother's face and stared at her surprised that she asked something like this. But the question intrigued her a lot. What does she want very much? The grip on her shoulder tightened and she found herself frowning at the question. She let her head down again thinking.

In the past, she just fought because they told her to do that but now, it was different... she wasn't in a mission and she wasn't receiving money, but she was receiving something after all. Pride. Pride that she would avenge everything which turned wrong.

'My greatest wish is... to feel freedom. To be free of the world of Akatsuki.' she said and rose her head. 'I wish to be a normal person with family and share happiness with them. That's what I want." she said. Kiyone smiled widely and made a few steps backwards.

'Then make it happen.' she said and put her hands on Naruki's head. Naruki stared confused at her but right then she felt pain coming from her head and she found herself yelling. She closed her eyes as the pain was unbearable and opened them again to see what was her grandmother doing.


The next thing what she saw, it shocked her. She saw that her grandmother was still holding her hands on her head, but the pain disappeared and when the old lady retreated she saw that she was in a room on a couch, in other words, in the living world. She also saw that she had bandages over her chest and when she let her hands down pain came from the injury. She grimaced but stared at the old lady which was smiling next to her.

She opened her mouth to ask something but a scream filled the room and Naruki turned to her right only to see pink covering her face. The next thing she knew was that the pink haired kunoichi was hugging her.

"Naruki, you're finally awake! I can't believe it!" she said excitedly and Naruki felt more pain coming from her chest.

"Sa-Sakura... it... hurts." she tried to say and the kunoichi backed away embarrassed.

"I'm sorry it's just... that I'm happy that you're awake." she smiled cheerfully. Naruki smiled weakly but her smile faded away and she turned again to the old lady. "Oh yes, she is Kiyone baa-sama. She saved us from the fire and took care of our injuries." Sakura said. "And now she helped you wake up." she smiled.

"Yes... I know." Naruki said. 'She is my grandmother.' she thought. The old lady smiled and turned to Sakura.

"Sakura, I'm sure that Naruki would like some tea, would you please make some?" she asked. Sakura was confused but noticed that the woman probably wanted to talk something in private with the red head so she nodded and left the room.

After Sakura left, the old lady took a deep sigh and turned to Naruki who was looking at her with a frown but with surprise in the same time.

"Grandmother, please tell me everything. I'm sure that there are many to be told." she said serious. Kiyone smiled and rose a white box from the ground and put it in Naruki's lap.

"This will explain everything, dear." she said and took a better sit in her chair.

Naruki sent her a confused look but turned her gaze to the box. She noticed that it was white with red carvings on it. She moved her hands gently or it would have caused discomfort, and opened the box. Her eyes widened as she saw some documents and a letter above them. She took the letter which said 'To Naruki' with red ink. She gasped as she recognized the handwriting.

"Kenji nii-sama...." she whispered and turned the letter to open it.

After she opened it a paper fell from it and Naruki took it shakily. Her eyes fell on the handwriting in red ink. She gulped and started to breathe heavily.
Untold Truth by atenademon

"Dear littler sister,


You're probably wondering why am I writing this letter now, before my mission and why couldn't I tell you these things personally.


I'm sorry that I decided to write this letter instead of talking to you, but because of the mission, things might change and probably I won't be able to tell you the truth. I left instructions so that this letter along with the box would reach you after I leave. I'm not sure that this mission will be a success, the enemy is too strong and we probably won't be able to defeat them.


I'm sure that you're pretty old enough to notice it too. Our village will change, little sister, will change very much and nothing will be the same. Please don't be sad or frightened, I'll make sure to come back and I'll protect you from anything which dares to cause harm to you. I promise that I will be with you again after I return from this mission.


Also I have to tell you something very disturbing to you. I'm not sure how you'll react but I have to tell you. Remember our small talk after your morning training session? We talked about your injuries, right? Well, after seeing you pushing yourself that much, I decided to help you. I noticed from the beginning your great chakra ammount, it's very explosive and if your17;d push yourself harder than ever, your chakra would destroy you.


From this moment, the things which Ir17;m about to tell you arenr17;t in your memories because they had been erased. But after your17;ll read the letter, they will come back to you.


After our small talk I gave you that embrace and took you so your17;d prepare yourself. Instead I took you at the Hirayama Temple and I put the Great Seal of Divination on your back behind your heart. Usually the one who receives the seal will lose all his memory and forget who he is. But happily I performed it in a way (just half of it) so it would erase only this part of me giving you the seal. Your chakra will have the second center right there so it won't be too dangerous for you if you'll overdue yourself. When you had one single center point, all the chakra was gathering there and the center couldn't manage all of it so now you have two and won't be hard.


Please don't think this as a bad thing. Right now I made it only 50% but when I'll come back I'll turn it to 100% and it will be more stable and of course Ir17;ll put the memory back too. These days you'll feel a little exhausted, that's because half of chakra went to the heart and the center from your stomach will be half empty. But you'll return to normal, it's not a serious problem to concern about.


I will also teach you how to use both of the centers without any restrain and how to manage the power which will come from them. If I won't be able, you'll have the book, the black one which will help you with the techniques from our family, with the wind manipulation and with the seal control.


And another thing, under no circumstances, overdue yourself this week while I'm gone. If you will, the seal will start to leak and I won't be able to redo it completely when I'll return. It will become dangerous and you'll lose yourself in that leak of chakra. You'll lose sight, hear, smell, and touch, all your senses and even your mind.
Yes, it affects your mind too because this seal will react only at your will, the second center and the mind are linked together. When one of them blows up with energy then the same thing will happen to the second.


Now, this part contains the most important part of this letter addressed only to you.
The white box contains documents, papers, certificates which show that you're a Hirayama and that you're the next in line at becoming Kage, after the will of the currently Kage.


Yes, it's true, you're the successor and the papers say clearly that no one can take your place instead of you. You're assigned of becoming Kage at the age of 21 as these papers show and only you can take the lead of the village. No one can become the leader only in case that you'll die.


You can look through the papers and you'll see that I'm not lying and that all the proof which you need is there.


Why was I having them?


This answer is pretty obvious, since your birth I proclaimed myself as your protector and guardian. My only duty is to take care of you and help you. No, I'm not jealous, I don't hold grudge against you that such a great honor had been given to you. I'm only happy for you and I wish you only good luck for the future. I knew since you were a little girl that you would become someone great. I knew very well what was lying inside you and I can only say that I'm proud of you. I'm proud of having you as my sister. You probably don't know this but you're already greater than me, even better and stronger. That's why they chose you as leader.


About the papers... I went that day, after I gave you the seal, to the residence and I searched for those papers. And of course, I found them.
I knew that something was going to happen to all of us so I made copies and I put them in this box along with the instructions.


Please take care this week and be careful at everything suspicious. The whole family is proud of you and loves you very much. Whatever you'll do we'll still be by your side, still considering you a relative, cousin, sister and daughter.


I'm sure that you'll become a great Kage one day and I know that they made the right choice in picking you as the successor.


Look ahead of yourself and fight for your goal and dream with everything you have. The feeling of success and achievement is happiness of a life time.


Your brother and protector,


Kenji

P.S. I love you, my sweet little Naru-chan, please don't forget that.
Hidden Secrets by atenademon
Author's Notes:
Chapter 26 *sigh* please leave a review, it will be more than appreciated
Naruki re-read the letter many times as small drops of water fell on the piece of paper soaking it. She was surprised but many things which she found out in the letter, from the part when she found out that he gave her the seal to the part in which he said that she had to be the next Kage. Memories came back to her and more tears started to fall.

Sadness and happiness took over her heart in the same time. Happiness that her brother left words other than 'good luck' but sadness that he had to suffer a tragic fate such as death.

Now, she felt like she would give everything only too see him again, to feel him close to her, to embrace him and to tell him how lucky she was that he was with her. But it was impossible. Another round of tears fell down on her cheeks as memories traced her mind again. But this time there weren't the ones filled with death, blood, murder but ones from her childhood when she was a little girl playing with her brothers while their parents were watching them and smiling at them. She was so happy yet she had to watch how each one of them died in front of her leaving her the last member alive.

She made that promise not to cry anymore, but how could she demand her heart to do such thing? Her heart wouldn't even obey her mind, she was still the girl who would get embarrassed easily and cry when many feelings would trace her heart. Feelings of anxiety, anger, rage, fear, confusion, misunderstanding and last but not least... love. She made an oath with her heart not to care or love but it was impossible, even if she would deny it, love was still there filling her heart. She rose her gaze from the already soaked wet letter and stared at the old lady who gave her a sympathetic look but in the same time was one of encouragement.

She widened her eyes open as realization struck her, she knew it. She knew now what to do now. She wasn't going to give up, not even a bit. She would go on no matter what. Because she knew how to defeat him now.

Naruki's face softened and her lips formed a smile. Trying to hide the feelings and denying them wasn't the solution.

"Your brother, was a great person, Naruki, he always assured safety first for you then to him. That's why he did all that research to help you. He left instructions that the second day after his departure you would receive these." she said.

"But why didn't I receive them?" she asked. The old lady let out a sigh.

"The day when he left was also the day when he died. The order he gave died too and the box got lost." she said.

"What about you? I... thought that you... died too." Naruki whispered. The old lady sighed again and took a better sit in her chair.

"No, I didn't die. I was getting back from my village when I saw that Kazegakure was under attack so I knew that especially you, the Hirayama members would be in danger." she said. "I tried many times to enter the village but it was impossible. I could only receive news about the battle and about the... murders from the clan." she said silently the last part and noticed Naruki's stiffness. "The day when Kenshin died, I realized that I had to take you along with my daughter out of the city or you would have been killed. But for my dismay, I couldn't and Yumiko died." she murmured. "After four years, Kazegakure got destroyed by Akatsuki and I believed that all the Hirayama's died, so I gave up on finding you. But after a few years after the destruction I heard rumors about a new assassin recruited in the Akatsuki, that's when I found out that you survived. I was happy that you were alive but disappointed that you were part of that criminal world. So I did all my best and kept my tracking on you, everything you did and everywhere you went, reached my ears. Of course not even the relationship with one of the member's escaped." she said and a small blush traced Naruki's cheeks. "I heard that you left the organization and disappeared without a trace. But you appeared again after eight months, this time.... dead." she stopped. Naruki sent her a confused look at the sudden stop and made her arch an eyebrow. The old lady tried to hide her gaze from the younger woman giving her the sensation that something was being hidden from her.

"And how did you find me after you heard that I died?" she asked.

"Well... I returned to Kazegakure when I heard that it was being reconstructed and after a few months I saw a certain redhead on the streets of the village and I realized that it was you. I talked to you." she said still not looking at her. Naruki gave her a surprised look.

"Why did you hide yourself with that disguise?" she asked.

"You were not ready to find out the truth." she said not looking at her.

"And what do you mean by that? You knew everything and you couldn't tell me 'because I wasn't ready'? What do you understand by being ready?" she asked frowning. The old lady stood silent, Naruki could see that something was troubling her. Naruki's face softened and leaned her head down. "I'm sorry...it's just... that many things happened and I'm still confus-"

"No, I should be the one saying sorry." Kiyone said and rose her gaze at her this time. "Naruki, I have something important to tell you. Something that will change everything you knew." she said and grabbed Naruki's hand tightening it.

Naruki stared a little at her alarmed face and frowned. What could it be so important? And also, she had never seen her grandmother like this.

"Naruki, my granddaughter, I already told you that I had been tracing you around, right?" she asked and Naruki nodded. "We also met in Kazegakure under my disguise and also I found you one week ago in the forest with Sakura after your encounter with Itachi."

"I don't see the point." Naruki said. "I know this already." Kiyone made a sign to stop talking and approached closer to her gazing in her eyes.

"I also found you when Amegakure got destroyed."

"What do you mean?" she asked dumbfounded. Kiyone sighed and gripped her hand tighter.

"I'm the one who took you out from the burning church.I'm the one who dragged you outside. And also...." she stopped. Naruki had already her eyes wide open with shock at the things she said. "... you were loosing too much blood, and you're pulse was already fading, your heart wasn't even beating properly and-"

"Grandmother Kiyone, please tell me." Naruki interrupted and the old lady sighed.

"I saved your children!." she said. Naruki let go of her grandmother's hand. "You went into labor and I had to make a cut or you would have lost your babies..." Naruki couldn't hear anymore what her grandmother was saying. Her heart was beating extremely fast at the hearing of this news and felt lightheaded. Her children were alive, the two of them. She started to breathe heavily still devouring the information in her mind many times without reaching a point to take an action. It was purely incredible, her children were alive and she would be able too see them and be with them. She could hug them and keep them close to her, not letting them leave again. Her mother instinct woken right then and the feeling of protection took over her.

"Where are they? They're here?" she asked after a long pause and looked around the area as if they were hidden somewhere in the room. Kiyone sighed again and sent her a guilty look.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me..."

"Grandmother, where are they?" Naruki interrupted again leaning forward.r1; Are they safe?" she asked red tracing her eyes. "Tell me that they are safe with us here." she said with a slight threat.

"Naruki.... I-"

"Where are they?" she asked half yelling but grimaced as pain came from her chest. "Tell me, please!"

"I'm sorry... they... they got captured by... Itachi about one month ago." Kiyone said leaning backwards as the redhead seemed in the condition of hitting something or someone at that moment. Naruki sent her a scary look, fully red and many feelings of uneasiness traced her face and mind right then.

"How did they get captured? Tell me now! You let this happen?" she yelled this time not caring that she was yelling at her own grandmother. Kiyone kept her composure, Naruki had all the right to yell at her right then, she was guilty of hiding the truth from her after so long time.

"When we were leaving Konoha. That day, right when we were about to exit through the gates, Sanyu told me that-"

"Wait a moment... Sanyu?" Naruki's face softened and she breathed heavily. "My daughter is Sanyu? The girl with red hair and small lines at her eyes?" she asked.

"Yes." Kiyone answered. Naruki breathed heavily again, she met her daughter, she even talked to her daughter. She scolded herself also for being so stupid and not able to realize the resemblance between her and the girl.

"What happened next? Why were you in Konoha? Weren't you supposed to be in Kazegakure?" she asked. Kiyone shook her head.

"You don't know this but... leader heard somehow that your children were alive and sent Itachi to capture them." she whispered.

"Why? What would he want from my children?" she asked clenching her fists.

"My only guess is that he wants the kekkei genkai on his side. He lost you, the last possessor so he turned his attention to your successors. There is also 50% that your children will have your bloodlimit. In other words, one of them will have it. So he took both of them hoping that he would have the kekkei genkai at his hand again." she said.

Hearing this, Naruki's blood pressure rose higher and she felt in the mood of killing someone at the moment. Her children were alive after so long time when she thought that they were dead, but they were in danger and in the clutches of Akatsuki. She gritted her teeth. Akatsuki. It made her life miserable, she won't let that happen to her children too not now, not ever, and not after she found out that she still had a chance to be happy with her children.

"We were moving from town to town hiding our traces so we wouldn't get caught by them. But somehow they succeeded, I don't know how, perhaps.... someone sold us to them." she said. "But it's my fault that I couldn't do anything. I tried to stop him but he was too-"

"Grandmother." Naruki said softly and turned to her. "Thank you for at least trying and also... for taking care of them these years." she said. Kiyone stared at her surprised. Naruki sure had many sways of moods and you couldn't realize what she would say or do next.

"I'm sorry dear, I wanted to tell you but-"

"It's ok, I understand." she sighed and leaned her head down.

"What are you going to do now?" she asked.

Kiyone waited for the response of the redhead but surprisingly she was silent. She just kept her head down, probably thinking. First she thought she was crying but sobs couldn't be heard.

"Bring them back!" she said and in the next second Naruki disappeared from the couch. Kiyone was surprised but as she turned around she saw Naruki getting dressed while a purple flame was surrounding her body and the red bandages were already on the floor at her feet. Naruki put her pants on and tied the two katanas at her waist.

"Do you need me to come with you?" the old lady asked while staring at the seal on the left shoulder of the redhead. Naruki stretched her arms and arched her back to untense the muscles.

"No." Naruki said sharply without a second thought. "I'll do everything on my own and with Sakura as my companion, right?" she asked loudly and right then the door opened widely and the pink-haired appeared from it with a slight blush. Naruki grinned and turned to her then to her grandmother which gave her a confused look. "She already knows everything and would probably help me." she smiled "You stay here, or go to Kazegakure and take care of the things there until I'll come and take my role as the Kage." she said with a smirk and turned around again. She stared for a few seconds at the new scar which was right at her heart. Another smirk crossed lips. How could she fake death two times already? Maybe something or someone out there was protecting her. She rose the zipper of the shirt as the flame disappeared and she tied her hitae-ate around her forehead. She was about to turn around when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Be careful Naruki, you're the only hope of Kazegakure right now, don't let them have nothing to believe in." the old lady said. Naruki sighed and turned around facing her grandmother.

"I'll never let them down, I will come back and take care of my village." she said and turned to Sakura which was watching them. "Let's go, we have many things to do, my dear companion." she grinned. Seeing her smiling face Sakura smiled too.

Kiyone stared with eyes wide open at her granddaughter's back, but soon her face softened and she found herself smiling at her too. She knew what Naruki capable was of. If she said that she would bring them back then this will happen, certainly. 'I know you will keep your promise, no matter what.' Kiyone thought.
A New Beginning by atenademon
The orange glow of the sun rising over the hills splashed warmth across her face. Blue eyes gazed bluntly at the sun as she gripped the branch which she was holding herself to. A new day, a new journey.
It has been two months. Two months passed since her last encounter with the Uchiha, after which he left her dead near the burning building of the ex-Akatsuki base. The same action happened three years before it and even if he/they thought that she was dead, she succeeded on faking it and continued to live plotting in the shadows. But unlikely then, she now had someone with her. Doing things alone taught her a lesson that if you want something you need help.

She made a smile and looked down at the bottom of the tree where pink mass of hair was staying. The kunoichi was still in her sleeping bag as she didn't wake up already. Naruki wasn't the type of sleeping, in fact... she couldn't sleep because her mind was too busy with plans, actions and measures of safety. She received help but in the same time she had to protect that help of her and she was the only who knew how. A wind blew and she felt a slight chill of the breeze which gave her a sensation of freedom just for a few seconds, but enough to make her day good.

She felt compassion and reconciliation about her state right now. She knew what she had to do and that was enough. Why wasn't she feeling rage anymore? Even she didn't know hot to answer that question right now in fact she couldn't. Maybe it's because that she realized that rage wasn't the key to accomplishment? This had to be.

She let out a deep sigh and jumped from the tree with slight moves. She landed on the ground near the pink haired soundlessly. She was about to shook her shoulder so the kunoichi would wake up but right then something caught her attention. She jerked her head towards the direction looking between the leaves of the bushes and trees. 'That chakra....' she thought and a smirk crossed her lips.

"I didn't expect to see you so soon." She said and turned around. Her eyes met the image of a white-haired man which was sitting a few meters away with his hands on his hips. The huge sword was attached to his back and even if it seemed heavy the man didn't show as if it would. "Especially after my final answer." She said and walked away from the kunoichi which was still sleeping.

"Apparently he doesn't want a 'no'for an answer." Suigetsu sighed.

"If he wanted more than a 'no' then he should have come by himself not send you here on his regard."

"Troublesome, he came but that pink friend of yours got in the way not stopping from blabbering about how she'll get him back."

Naruki chuckled silently and sent the sleeping girl a fugitive look. The reason why Sakura was sleeping so deeply was because of yesterday. That day she received a heavy beating and her injures had yet to recover to be fully healed. Naruki did all the best she could with her abilities but she couldn't do too much as the injuries were more psychical than physical. And that was all because of one certain genjutsu user.

"He wants you to come and talk. Without your friend." He added the last part while gritting his teeth. Naruki couldn't help but smirk. Yesterday also Sakura picked a huge fight and defeated easily the white haired, that's why he couldn't stand her too much.

Naruki thought for a little not breaking the eye-contact which the other was giving. She knew that if she would go, things would really change. Especially after she found out about some hidden arrangements.

"I won't come. If he'll want to talk then he'll come to me."

"Suit yourself. He won't be very pleased." Suigetsu sighed. Naruki rolled her eyes and let out a deep sigh too.

"And that's my concern right now?"

"Well yeah, since you and..."

"Don't continue. I know already what you want to say. And no, not even with that I won't go and see him."

"Fine." He said and turned around so he would leave.

"Oh, and before you go, just tell me where he is." She said. Suigetsu stopped in his action and turned around to see her.

"So you want after all to see him." He chucked loudly.

"No, I want to know so I won't be coming that way." She smiled.

"Yeah right... he's at the cliffs, about 10 miles to the East." he answered.

"Thanks." She continued to smile.

"Don't mention it." He sighed.

"I won't." Naruki grinned and the other disappeared from her sight.

As he did that, her smile broke immediately and she turned around to see the still sleeping girl. She walked in slow moves towards the bundle and took a sit in front of her. Everything became even more complicated.

"As if this would be the right time to talk to you now." She said loudly and tucked in the kunoichi.

She stood there for a few moments staring blankly at the woods in front of her while her mind was struggling to find a decision to take. All the things gathered so much and it was harder to take the right decision. Alsor30; she wasn't allowed to make a mistake or all would be ruined.

Naruki let out a deep sigh and leaned while holding her hands at her back for support. She looked towards the sky which started to get covered with grey clouds preventing the rain which would start in some time. First of all she had to recapitulate. What did she do and what did she let it slip?

Thinking at the past actions, she remembered that there were still seven members left. But what about the members which applied to join the organization? Did they get accepted?

Naruki let out another deep sigh, now everything was even more complicated. If the number of members would grow, the more time would be needed to find what she wanted desperately.

A chill traced her body again, but nonethelessr30; she smiled. Now she had two small reasons to find the organization soonerr30; and those were her children. How glad was she now that they were still alive, she had a chance to make everything right now. She knew that now she would be able to fight with everything she got.

Her thoughts have been driven away as she sensed something in the distance. Without a hesitation she disappeared in just one second.

Sakura woke up at the sudden change of wind. She rose her head and rubbed her eyes. Then, yawning she got up on bottom easily because of the injuries from her abdomen and looked around. She saw that the redhead was missing and frowned a little. Naruki wouldn't leave without letting her know. She sighed and made a series of hand signs.

"Naruki!!"

"Sakura?"

"Yes, it's me. Where did you go?"

"Don't have time to explain just... be careful, we might see someone who we didn't think on seeing too soon."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see. Just follow the coordinates which the link gives and come fast. Ok?"

"Yeah. But at least-"

"Mind link interrupted."
Sakura heard Naruki's voice saying and she opened her eyes again. She felt slightly dizzy and almost fell on her back but she regained her composure.

Naruki taught her the mind link jutsu a few weeks ago and she still couldn't manage it very well. The jutsu allowed two minds to talk to each other, no matter the distance but as long as the user had enough chakra to use that. More distance comes with more chakra. And in Naruki's conditon... unlimited. But she wasn't like the redhead and using that jutsu would leave her exhausted for a few minutes. She shook her head in attempt to remove the dizzy feeling. Then, with slow moves she packed the rest of things and started to walk away towards the direction of Naruki while trying to heal her injuries with her green chakra.
Back to reality by atenademon
A/N: Gomen gooomen! I'm so sorry for my lack of updates! It's just that I had a huge artist's block and I didn't even believe that I could have a chance to come up with a new idea to continue the story ^^; I'm sorry again, I promise I won't let you down again. This chapter is kinda bad but I promise I'll get back to you. I swear! Stupid school and exams for taking my ideas and imagination away! The next one will be better!

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX



The forest passed beside her in spots of green and brown. Naruki skipped on the branches of the trees without a stop, her mind still swaying around the feeling of what she sensed earlier. Maybe she didn't imagine it. Her face turned into a frown as she searched for the best plan to kill her next target. No mistakes, no hesitation, this time it will be right.


The sun rose higher in the sky, enlightening the whole forest, birds started to chirp, animals left their hidden places and went outside in the light, preparing themselves for a new day. Panting and pushing herself more, Naruki continued her fast jump through the leaves, concentrating all her energy on her target's destination. Finally, the weeks without a sign of life coming from her enemies came to an end as a hint appeared. Under no circumstances, she wouldn't allow it to slip.


Sweat pouring hard on her face because of intense movement, Naruki ignored every feeling of fatigue or dizziness, her will already too strong to let them affect her. Her shortened red hair flipped at her back, her legs left marks or ripped branches because of the chakra concentration, but nothing could compare with her sheer determination written all over her face.


Reaching the end of the forest, and with that, in a clearing sight, Naruki blinked twice to adjust her eyes to the intense light coming from the sun. Pushing her whole body with force she took one final jump and landed on the soft surface of grass a few meters away. Using her fingertips she broke down and with that, she stopped. Sighing a little, she opened her eyes.


Not a moment has passed, that her lips let out a gasp. Widening her eyes and straightening up she made a few steps closer to the thing which caught her attention right away. She moved her eyes up and down on the lifeless body which was on the ground. No blood was there, but it didn't surprise her as she recognized the brown hair and the brown open wide eyes which never held a life in them. She also recognized the red scorpion on the chest in the place of the heart. It had the sign of a stab through it and something purple poured from it, but not enough to form a puddle.


She mentally screamed, anger boiled inside her to maximum and her hands clenched tightly into fists. Anger, frustration, anxiety, hate and rage filled the whole air around her She has been late. In front of her and at her feet the dead body of the puppet master, Sasori showed her this. Her fists turned pale white, but her eyes never left the body. It was certain and without a doubt that he died. She saw many parts of his very well known puppets scattered everywhere, but she ignored them. Her attention was only Sasori.


In sign of anger, she bit her lip continuously until the taste of blood filled her mouth as the feeling of disappointment surrounded her more.


"You!" she yelled loudly as her eyes turned blood red. Letting out another yell filled of rage, the wind started to blow hard through the leaves and she vanished from her spot.


She appeared a few meters away, gasping for air but this time she was holding something.


Or someone to be more exactly.


Naruki clenched her fists with the white shirt. Still panting, she brought herself up and also she pulled the man lower to face her. Her bloody eyes met a pair of black ones which held only boredom. The redhead continued to pant because of being dried up from energy but still, she continued to look at the raven in front of her.


Sasuke stared at her careless, his lips forming a smirk as his hands were beside body. The right hand holding his sword as a small purple dropped from the tip of the blade.


Naruki hated that smile, she just stared at him unable to say or do anything else, her anger being too much to let her put her words correctly.


"You had to get my attention somehow, didn't you?!" she yelled at the top of her lungs not caring if someone was around while shaking the shirt. Sasuke didn't even blink, he just looked at her as if she was odd. "It was my desire to do this, it was my burden to take 'till end. Not yours, Sasuke!! I haven't asked you to do this. Not even once!" she yelled angry. "Why won't you understand already?" she said and softened her grip around his shirt. Breathing heavily, she lowered her gaze at the blade. The remnants of the purple drops were there.


"Don't you realize already that we are the same?" the cold voice reached finally her ears. "We are nothing without our desire to kill the ones which made our life miserable. Nothing." He said.


Naruki continued to stare at the blade as if it was fascinating. The words echoed inside her leaving her uneasy. A shudder traced her continuously as the painful truth said in just mere words, stung different parts of her, leaving a bad mark behind them. She believed that maybe this revenge would save her, that it would erase her bad record. But that wasn't possible, she would still be a killer. No matter what she would do.


Sighing, her eyes returned to blue-green ones. The anger disappeared and slowly, her hands let go of the white fabric. Tired at maximum, she closed her eyes and rested her head against his shoulder.


"I know even if it hurts. That's why I want to change myself. Not only me but you too." She whispered.


Sighing too, Sasuke sheathed his katana and continued to stay in the same straight position with her head against his shoulder.


"It's impossible. Give up." He said.


Naruki didn't show him but her lips formed a wide smirk. Nothing is impossible unless you give a try.


"You're such a liar." she chuckled near his neck. "Was anything from your sayings, true?" she asked her voice giving away her hidden hope.

"Not much." He replied.



"What about being an Uchiha, or about your 'relationship' with Itachi?" she asked sensing that the name gave a bitter feeling for both of them.


"It's simple."


"How?"



"You didn't ask." He said and made a smirk.


"Like you didn't about my own 'relationship' with him." She said.



It was a pause in which he didn't say anything. Maybe she didn't have to tell him about it as he probably didn't even know. Naruki wanted to raise her head and leave that place, it was better that way. But what stopped her, it also surprised her.


A hand pressed on top of her head kept her there. Sasuke patted her on the head trying probably to comfort, because Naruki didn't know other reasons for this. She made a small smile as the hand ruffled her shortened hair.

"Hn."


The same old monosyllabic reply. It felt nostalgic but still right in the same time.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=6398