Relationships by Anomalistic_Fangirl
Summary: Orochimaru's daughter? Kakashi's new 'friend'?
Categories: OC-centric Characters: Kakashi Hatake, OC, Orochimaru
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 4653 Read: 4733 Published: 16/06/06 Updated: 23/06/06

1. Family Reunion by Anomalistic_Fangirl

2. Confused - Part A by Anomalistic_Fangirl

3. Confused - Part B by Anomalistic_Fangirl

4. Gone by Anomalistic_Fangirl

Family Reunion by Anomalistic_Fangirl
Author's Notes:
This is the first chapter...please R & R! I'll post more if I get good reviews ^_^
Orochimaru hissed in frustration as he finished reading the reports his men had given him. The other shinobi in the room involuntarily stepped back, away from their seething master. He was about to give an order when a meek knock came from the doorway.

"Come in." The words were irritated. Orochimaru didn't like to be interrupted. One of his men opened the door, looking rather embarrassed.

"There's someone here to see you." His face looked pained as Orochimaru's face twisted.

"I am in the middle of important busi..."His words trailed off as the man began to gurgle incoherently. He fell, opening the door with his still body. A young woman wiped her bloody kunai on the dead man's clothes.

Orochimaru did not believe his eyes. Disbelief was written upon his features. He knew that look. He recognized that smile that spread slowly across the beautiful face. Just as he remembered. Until he locked gaze with her eyes. They were foreign to that face. They were his eyes. Then sound reached his ears.

"Hello father."

Aware that his men were watching him carefully, Orochimaru scoffed. He regained most of his composure. Spreading his hands in front of him, he smiled and spoke in a low, dangerous tone.

"I do not know what you mean." The woman smiled. She stepped through the threshold of his private meeting room. Her movements were feline. Graceful with an eerie inhuman feel.

"O come, Orochimaru. You cannot fool your daughter. Perhaps you would wish to talk privately so as not to embarrass yourself?"

Orochimaru's eyes narrowed considerably. "I have nothing to be embaressed about."

The woman laughed. Just as he remembered. The way she moved suggested she was at ease in his presence. Something no other was. Except for.. /Could she?/

"Very well." He led her into his private room. As he opened his mouth, the woman spoke.

"You are probably wondering who I am… Call me Nemari. Uchiha Nemari."

Orochimaru turned towards her. His eyes were wide with rage. But there was something else beneath the anger.

Swirling, raw emotions he had managed to control all these years. His earrings jangled as he attacked Nemari, neck extended. She sidestepped with incredible speed. He faced her again, hands clenched.

"This is not possible. You are not my daughter." His words turned into a hiss. Truth be told, it was one of the few times he was doubtful of himself. Just like he had been on that night so long ago...

"Do not deny it. Who else but the great Orochimaru has these eyes? And with them I bear your curse! I should not have bothered! I will be back, father, but then we will fight. They will see that I shall not follow your rotten tracks!" Nemari spat on the ground. Within moments she disappeared, leaving Orochimaru behind. His hands were balled into fists.

"Impossible." He muttered under his breath. But the girl was right. Not even his parents had his eyes. They were how he had got his childhood taunting "snake eyes". To see his eyes on a feminine face was disturbing. He suspected they held the same story his did. Sorrow, rage, and grief. He knew what he was. Why he was the way he was.

Nemari may have unnerved him, but there was no possible way she could beat him in a fight. Come to think of it, if she were manipulated, he could use someone like her. His fingers caressed the ever-present earrings. He would win. He had always triumphed.

~End of Ch. 1~
Confused - Part A by Anomalistic_Fangirl
Author's Notes:
Part A...cus Part B is stil being worked on and I wanted to post...I still have to get a title for this chapter too...
Orochimaru trailed his fingers onthe trees as he passed by. /Soon... Soon.../

Then a nearby noise made him turn his head. Nemari stood, watching him. It still unnerved him to see his own eyes watching him. But no matter.

"Shall we begin?" He asked her. Her response was to attack him with 5 shuriken hurtling towards him. As he dodged them he thought /Sure gets to the point quickly../

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Kakashi walked aimlessly through the forest, hands in his pockets. His eye was looking upward to the tree tops. His foot caught on something and he fell. He heard a quiet moan.

Looking down, he saw a woman somewhat his own age sprawled on the ground. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was labored. She was covered in blood. His uncovered eyes widened in surprise.

Gingerly lifting her, he set off back to the village. Now he had an excuse for being late today..

In the hospital building, Kakashi laid the woman down gently in the gurney. He watched as she was taken away before turning to leave. But before he stepped out the door, he closed his right eye briefly before putting his thumbs loosely back into his pockets.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"You want me to what?" Kakashi couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You heard me." The Fifth Hokage folded her hands across her lap. "I want you to take care of her." Kakashi considered protesting but wisely said nothing..

As Kakashi headed home, pondered the woman. Who was she? Where was she from? Why was she injured? But none of these answers could be found out by thinking about it. She would have to tell him. And it wouldn't be polite to ask her for her life history, shorthand, to satisfy his curiousity.

Since tomorrow was an off day for his team, the woman was to be sent to his house. Kakashi's orders were to protect her until they knew more about her. It had been a week since they had found her, but she had spoken little. Kakashi hadn't even seen her since the day he had found her.

Through all this thoughts, he found himself at his own front door. He entered, looked around, and sighed. He lived alone, so cleaning wasn't always a priority. But he should probably make it presentable. /All the training and life-risking missions we go through, and we still have to pick up dirty laundry../

Not too long after Kakashi had finished breakfast and gotten clean clothes on, he heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." He called. Hastily, he put the book he had been reading in a safe spot.

When the woman walked through the hallway to the living room, he had to force himself not to stare. She was beautiful. But her eyes startled him. They were very familiar. Catching himself before his thoughts wandered a bit too far, he spoke first.

"Hatake Kakashi at your service." The woman inclined her head in return.

"Uchiha Nemari at yours." She watched with interest as Kakashi's exposed features showed shock.

Uchiha?" He murmured to himself.

"Ah Sensei, can I trust you?" Kakashi was not sure whether to be flattered or insulted at the use of the word Sensei.

"I suppose."

"Well then." Nemari's eyes glittered as she told him her story..

"My mother was a beautiful woman, who was to marry a third cousin to keep the Uchiha strong. But she was not fond of him. She was instead, entranced by my father, Orochimaru. After concieving me, she ran away with him to get married. But before the wedding date, she disappeared. My pregnant mother was taken by her cousin, who was angry by being cheated out of his marriage by Orochimaru. Orochimaru could not get to her, despite his numerous tries. He gave up.

During childbirth, she called for my father. But he was not there. After I was born, she died. Tough as she was, she had given up. I was shunned and disgraced from the clan. Passed on from strange family to family until I ran away to train as a ninja. But it seems I have learned little."

Kakashi was almost speechless. He did not expect her to be so open with him. But he felt as if he knew her and to his point of view, liked her. "You're very trusting." He remarked.

"I know who to trust. Those Anbu of yours are a different story." Kakashi half-smiled, remembering his days there.

"I guess so. I don't suppose you want to tell me how you ended up so near death lying in the forest?" This caught her attention.

"Not yet." She answered cautiously.

"Well then. What is it you do for fun?" He wasn't sure he liked the look in her eye.

"So," Nemari started, blocking Kakashi's kick and returning it with a punch. "What's under that headband?"

Dodging her punch, Kakashi stepped back.

"Can I trust you?"

"Depends."

"Then we'll save that for another time. I'm hungry." Truth be told, Kakashi was beginning to grow tired. After a couple hours of sparring, his muscles were beginning to ache. Neamri was quite a worthy oppenent. He was also starting to like her, between their exchanged banter and hits.

Watching Nemari slide into a chair into a table, Kakashi thought he could get used to this. But after he set out the ramen he remembered tomorrow was training for his team.

Then Kakashi noticed how intently Nemari was watching him as she ate her ramen. "Yes?" He asked, amused.

She finished her spoonful, reminding him of the way Naruto ate, shoveling it in like there was no tomorrow. "Well I was kind of hoping to see you behind that mask." Then she returned to finishing the rest of her ramen, pushing the bowl closer to the inside of the table, following him with her eyes as he looked at his untouched ramen.

Kakashi laughed, leaving her puzzled. "Sorry, Nemari-san. The first one finished eating takes a shower. That's you. Go on now. You might want to take one before me anyway. I take long showers.."

Nemari glowered for a bit, then let up. "Alright. But don't call me that. Just call me Nemari."

Kakashi smiled beneath his mask. "Fine then, Nemari." He watched her leave for the shower, waited for the water to run for a bit before rolling down his mask to eat, chuckling to himself a bit.

Both showered and clean, the two bedded down for the night, Nemari in Kakashi's bed, and Kakashi in a sleeping bag on the floor. Nemari faced Kakashi's back. She couldn't help but let her thought's wander, making her glad she was ready to go to bed. Her mind was a little frazzled. As she settled in, she breathed deep, enjoying the security of a bed that she got only once in a great while.

Kakashi, facing the wall had his eye open, sighing and wishing he could express his feelings better. He had only known Nemari for a day but.. Sighing, he moved again, trying to get his mind to quiet down and let him sleep, despite the person that was but 10 ft from him. Nemari was thinking the same thing..

~1 week later~

"So now we know who she is and where she came from, but know I want to know how she ended up in such a condition. You have done well Kakashi, but we need to know more. We welcome her here in the Hidden Leaf, but we cannot have a spy in our midst." The Fifth Hokage looked Kakashi in the eye.

"Of course, ma'am." Kakashi replied. Then with uncharacterstic energy, he let himself out the door to return home.

He seemed, the Hokage noted, much happier since the girl had arrived. She smiled, and shook her head. /It's about time he perked up more./

When Kakashi returned home, he found Nemari spread out on the couch, watching TV. Looking up, she grinned. "Got any food?" Kakashi rolled his eye.

It wasn't long before Nemari was done with her shower. She watched Kakashi enter the bathroom. He always seemed to finish eating just as she was done. No matter how quickly she took a shower. It made her irritated. Knowing his routine, she found out he did not lock the bathroom door when he took showers. Probably because he lived alone and saw no reason. Grinning evily, she thought rather happily /Just another thing to my advantage..../

After the water had been running for a bit, Nemari, as quietly as she could, opened the bathroom door. The curtain was drawn, and the room steamy. Quickly, she snagged his clothes. She was kind enough to leave him a towel. Or so her thinking went.

A while later, she heard the water turn off, and surpressed a giggle. She didn't have to wait long.

"Nemari?"

"Yes Sensei?" She knew just how to get on his nerves.

"Give me my clothes back." Hearing that made her burst out laughing.

"Not until I see the man behind the mask.."

"Ha ha funny."

"I'm serious." Her eyes were glued to the door as it slowly opened...

Kakashi stood in the doorway of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his waist and arms crossed. His Sharingan eye only made him look more handsome. Or so Nemari thought. Her growing feelings for him were growing more and more apparent to her, but she hoped not to the man in front of her.

Nemari could not help but admire him. Sure, she saw him quite a bit, but it was different like this. Quite different. Enough to make her blush.

She noticed with alarming clarity the numerous scars on his body, which she got a close up of as he approached her, grabbed his clothes and stalked back into the bathroom, closing- and locking, Nemari noted, the door.

Back in the bathroom, Kakashi sighed. Nemari could not know what was going through his perverted mind. /It's the books./ He told himself.

But something inside of him told him it was more than the books. Sighing, again, he ran a hand through his hair. /It's not like she feels this way about you./ He told himself. He had to complete his mission.
Confused - Part B by Anomalistic_Fangirl
Author's Notes:
this is the second part of the chapter...XD. It's all dramtic and stuff...>.
When Kakashi emerged from the bathroom, he found Nemari waiting for him.

"I'm...I'm sorry, Kakashi-kun." He chuckled softly.

"Don't worry. I should be used to tricks from Naruto. Just don't ever do it again." She gave him a smile.

"So I'm forgiven?" Kakashi nodded. As Nemari headed for bed, he cleared his throat, making her turn.

"Uh, Nemari, I was wondering how exactly you ended up in the woods..." He was uncomfortable asking her, and it was written on his face. Nemari faced him, a wry smile on her lips.

"You were just wondering? I doubt it. But sure. Why not." She paused, taking a deep breath.

"I am an Uchiha, and therefore should be able to access the Sharingan sometime or another. But as many times I've tried, I've failed. One day, in my wanderings from my home village, after I was declared a missing-nin, I came across some information. I was told I needed my father's blood. Folly, probably, but I longed for an excuse to cause him pain. But, I was foolish. And I lost a battle I had no chance of winning. Literally." Now she stopped, closing her eyes to stop the tears.

Feeling a warmth, she opened them. Kakashi had come over to her, and wrapped his arms around her. They stood together for a while, gaining comfort. Nemari felt safe with his prescence so near. It filled her with joy, but also with sadness for fear her feelings were not returned. She wanted to say something, but the painful lump in her throat stopped her.

Slowly, Kakashi released his grip, before running his hand through his still-wet hair. Nemari tapped him on the shoulder after he turned away. Without a sound, he turned back around, eyes full of pain. She pulled him down closer, more to her own height. He was soon close to her, face-to-face. Then she brushed her lips on his. Both of his eyes widened, and a million thoughts ran through his brain.

/Does she really feel this way?/

/How can this possibly work out?/

/I...I've never felt this way before. How can a ninja deal with these feelings?/

/What if she got hurt?/

/I've promised many people I will never let my comrades die, but if she.../

/I told Sasuke everybody I loved were already dead, but../

/I can't let her come to harm. I won't let her./

Gently, Kakashi broke their contact. Then he turned away, picking up his sleeping bag and heading for the living room. Nemari watched him with tears in her eyes.

Silently, she berated herself. Of course he didn't feel that way. But she couldn't let it affect her. Nobody had ever made her feel this way. It couldn't get in her way. As she wrapped herself in covers, she sighed and wished things were different. Once again, Kakashi thought the same.

End of Ch. 2
Gone by Anomalistic_Fangirl
Author's Notes:
this is me friend for wrote the story thingy...yes yes

Thank you for all the reviews, and I appreciate the support a lot. Please, keep reviewing! It might take me longer to get the other chapters done, because I'm getting a little stuck. But I'll make it through. I hope. *coughs* Anyway, I realize it might be a bit confusing, but I can't clear things up without looking at it, and my friend is the one that posts it. I'll see if I can work things out to make it less confusing. Again, thanks for the reviews!
The next day, Nemari was informed that she was allowed to roam freely through Konoha, and was not considered a threat. The day after, she left Kakashi's house. She did not, however take the feelings left there with her.

Kakashi found himself unable to spend time there, let alone get any sleep. So the next day, when he showed up at Iruka's house, the other ninja agreed to let him stay there with minimal protest. Iruka could tell by the way his friend was acting that something was wrong. And he bet it had to do with that woman he had found.

Even after a mere week of spending time with Nemari, he felt as if there was a great hole in his life. Something that was missing he couldn't recall feeling before. He trained constantly when not teaching his team. Team 7 wondered about their sensei, but had no idea what his troubles were.

Finally, Iruka had had enough. He couldn't take Kakashi's moping. And as a friend, he needed to knock some sense in him.

Kakashi was sitting on Iruka's couch, simply looking out the window that faced downtown Konoha. He felt the prescence of Iruka as he came and sat beside him. Briefly, he looked at his friend before sighing. He had a feeling of what was coming.

"Are you going to mope around much longer?"

"I'm not moping."

"Could have fooled me."

"If you want me to leave, I'll leave." Iruka sighed, and readjusted his headband protector.

"You do know Nemari is gone, right?" Kakashi turned and gave him a bored look.

"Of course she's gone."

"No. You don't get it. She left yesterday, with the Hokage's permission to go after Orochimaru."

Iruka wondered if telling him was such a good idea. The kunai at his throat told him it was probably a bad choice.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" The words were clenched, obviously painful for the jounin to say.

"Umm...you were too busy moping?" The kunai was pressed closer.

"Iruka, you are cutting it very close. Where did she head?"

"Northeast I believe."

"You'd better be right." The kunai was taken back. Kakashi grabbed a few rations from Iruka's kitchen, and some weapons, and took off. Iruka considered protesting, but decided he didn't want any other scars.

**

Tsunade sighed.

"I would say no, but you would go anyway." Kakashi stood inside her office, obviously rather ready to go. He nodded curtly, not trusting his voice.

"Go then. But come back in one piece, please." He disappeared quickly, leaving her to her work. She wondered if there was anything stopping either of the two, each bent on getting what they wanted.

**

Nemari was very tense as she traveled. It gave her a lot of time to think, time she wasn't sure she wanted or needed right now. It was worse that he kept coming up in her thoughts. It seemed she couldn't get rid of him.

Even though he had rejected her, she still wanted him. It was a fact she was beginning to accept, though it irked her he had so easily distracted her from her goals. Orochimaru needed to be taken care of. At the moment, she didn't care if she died. At least she would have tried. And she would fight like all hell had broken lose, because on top of being regretful, she was also pissed. Not a good combination.

As she neared the supposed place Orochimaru was said to be, she began to second guess her actions. Even if she didn't have Kakashi, Konoha would have been a good place to settle down. /Too late./

The village itself seemed intact, not a wave of destruction that she had feared. So perhaps he was lying low. Or already gone. She entered the town warily, cautious with every step. Entering an inn, she casually asked about any travelers coming through. The keeper gave her a strange look, but told her of two travelers, who had passed through town not too long ago. With barely a thank you tossed at the man, Nemari dashed through the door.

**

"Have any travelers come through here recently?" The innkeeper looked at the silver-haired ninja with apprehension. Then in a gruff voice, he told Kakashi about the two travelers and a young woman. Kakashi's heart leaped as he tossed the man a coin and left.

**
"I do believe, my dear Kabuto, we are being followed."

"I agree, Orochimaru-sama." The snake smiled at his aide, and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Then please, take care of it, would you?" His tone was casual. As he watched the blonde leave, he wondered lazily if his 'daughter' had dared to show herself again. He had let her go easy the first time, out of the goodness of his heart. Orochimaru gave a toothy smile, and almost laughed.

And if she was showing up, well, he would just take care of her. Last time was easy enough.

Kabuto was totally quiet as he moved with stealth towards the prescence he felt. He was totally confident he could take care of this intruder. But suddenly, he stopped, and frowned. The prescence was gone from his perception. It was if they had vanished. Confused, he made his way back to Orochimaru.

As Kabuto drew closer, he heard talking.

"I did not believe you would have the strength to come back."

"Then you underestimated me."

"You are getting to be quite troublesome. Don't push me too far."

Father and daughter faced off. It was eerie, Kabuto decided, to watch them together. They had the same body movements, and those eyes... He shuddered involuntarily. He would help his master, but at the moment, he was uncertain of Orochimaru's will. But the snake caught his eyes from the ground, and licked his lips. Kabuto relaxed. Enjoy the show then.

Nemari could feel all her resentment and anger of her treatment rising up in her. Her childhood memories, anything but fond had left her wishing for a father like the other kids she had known. But on her finding out of just who her father was, she knew it could never be true. She was surprised he had even loved her mother. Perhaps he hadn't.

Her hand was tightly clenched in a fist that was beginning to ache. Orochimaru just smiled. She grimaced, then a low grumbling came to her chest. He laughed. It almost drove her into a frenzy, but she managed to stop from breaking. He spread out his hands.

"Shall we begin?"

She had grown, Orochimaru noted, even from their last meeting. Now she knew the true extent of his power. And he had only been playing. She calmly drew out a kunai. Seemingly mezmorized by its tip, she cooly nicked her thumb. Eyes focused, she waited for a bit of blood to drop to the ground. She gave her father a wry smile before focusing her chakra through her hand that she placed over the blood.

Watching with interest, Orochimaru crossed his arms. Nemari stepped back, and was out of his view for a moment. A very large cat blinked sleepily at the snake, and yawned. He raised an eyebrow, and stepped aside. A shuriken flew past him. He ducked, and it flew over him, returning on it's string.

"Clever." He noted.

~2 hours later~

Nemari took a deep breath, standing on shaky legs. Her summoned cat had been a bit of help, but truly could only be a distraction in this place. She had left a long time ago. Blood dripped from various wounds, and her muscles ached. But she was still standing. And, she was happy to report, Orochimaru was not totally unscathed. He had taken a few wounds, but was doing quite a bit better than her, having the ability to shed his harmed skin.

Truth be told, she was ready to die. Her chakra supply was almost gone, and her stamina almost nonexistant. Lifting her head to look Orochimaru in the eye, she was filled with rage. This man. He had killed so many without a thought. And he would continue, just for power. If only she could see into him. What he was thinking. Pure adrenaline rushed through her system. A feral cry escaped her lips as she charged at him.

Almost laughing, he dodged quickly. But she followed his movement. This puzzled him. He attacked with a shuriken, and she dodged. /Perhaps she is stronger than I thought./ Quickly, his hands formed seals. Hers followed. Then it dawned on him. He looked into her eyes. They were no longer the usual golden yellow. They were blood red, spinning and ready for vengeance.

"Ah. So the great Uchiha has finally found her blood. Too late, my darling." He stopped, and so did she. Nemari was on the verge of collapse, and she knew it. All he had to do was wait for her to drop at his feet. Literally. Leisurely, he walked towards her.

He paused. His normally amused face twisted. Leaning forward, he hissed. Hands gripped his stomach where a katana protruded. It was buried to the hilt in his back. Kakashi stood behind him, with both eyes dark with hate. The snake laughed, showing a bit of blood.

"Ah Kakashi. Is she yours?" The copy nin calmly focused all of his chakra into his right hand. Orochimaru shook his head. "You should not use all your moves in the beginning, it's draining.." Then he reached behind him and pulled the katana out with a sickening sound. He took a rattling breath.

Nemari wasn't sure she believed what she was seeing. But she felt so weak. Her Sharingan shut off, and she collapsed. Was that birds she heard? Was this darkness death? It was comforting in a way. Just slipping away into the blissful dark. Surrendering her consciousness, she left all thought behind.

**

Unfortuately, Nemari thought, /I can't be dead. It hurts like hell!/ Her eyes fluttered. A soft moan seemed to find its way out. The light was too bright for her, and she attempted to lift a hand to block it out. Even that simple movement induced pain in her weak body.

Taking a few moments to really wake up, Nemari wondered where she was. Where had she been last? Then everything came rushing back. /Orochimaru! Is he alive?/ Then a few seconds later. /Kakashi!/ She sat up, much to quickly. Ignoring the dizziness, and the black threatening at the edge of her vision, she looked around. There!

Sitting at a chair next to the hospital bed was the sleeping ninja. About to say something, she stopped for a moment. What did you say to someone who saved your life? "Kakashi?" She tried. Her voice was raspy and hoarse, foreign to her ears.

The nin opened an eye. Nemari wasn't sure, since she couldn't see real well through his mask, but he seemed to be smiling. "Nemari." His voice just about broke her heart. Done with this exertion however, her body refused to let her continue with the moment. The dark invaded her vision again, and she fell back on the bed, unconscious before her head hit the pillow.

~End Chapter 3~
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=1267