Knights of the Midrealm by Fantasy Madeline
Summary: The Kingdom of Northsheild is a non-shinobi nation that separated itself from the ninja nations more then 1000 years ago. Not changing along with the other nations, the secluded Kingdom developed in it's own way.
Gwyneth was an average peasant girl. For team 7, it was a normal mission. Who knew that things could change so drastically?

Themed with medieval drama, this fiction will keep you on the edge of your seat, watching the Knights of the Midrealm.
Categories: General Fiction > Character-Centric, General Fiction > Naruto, Het Romance > Fluff, Alternate Universe & Crossovers > Minor AU Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure
Warnings: AU
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 964 Read: 2538 Published: 13/11/11 Updated: 14/11/11
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto, last time I checked Kishimoto did.

2nd Disclaimer, yet more of a note-type thing: I recently joined the SCA (google it). This means my sudden interest in Medieval times. I do not own many themes of this, for instance the kingdom I actually reside in is called 'The Kingdom of Northshield'. I probably will continue to use themes and events of the SCA, which I do not own.

1. Prologue by Fantasy Madeline

2. Chapter 1 by Fantasy Madeline

Prologue by Fantasy Madeline
-------
The wind whistled through the young girl's hair ominously, as she sat perched upon the rocky cliff face that overlooked the vast sea of trees that littered the Rudivale Plateau. She had long brunette hair that was messy and wild, and striking green eyes. She worn a simple grey outfit, consisting of a bodice, blouse, full skirt and apron. A wooden basket full of string and ropes at next to her, forgotten.
A boy stood at her side. His head was a mop of muddy brown hair. He had her same green eyes, yet in a duller shade. He wore a simple brown tunic over grey wool leggings.
"Gwen, come on back in." He said, looking at her. He was about three years younger then her.
"Alright, Trir." She responded, slowly standing up and looking over her home. She took her brother's hand and walked back into their house, no, hut. Though it was a lot bigger then it had once been when their parents were there. Now it was just the two of them.
Gwen took a seat at her loom, and began to sew. Her brother was emptying out the contents of a sack, some carrots, cabbage, and onions. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get by.
--------------
End Notes:
It was ridiculously short, I know. It was a too short to be a prologue, but I have already started writing chapter one.

Note: If you have read any fanfiction I wrote before, you will see that this is much different. I modeled the main character off of the real me, and the SCA me. Thanks for reading.
Chapter 1 by Fantasy Madeline
"It's going to be a good day for the crops." Said Trir with a pensive expression. Gwen replied with an inarticulate grunt, not looking at him as she stared out the window.
"It's not going to rain." She said at last, her lips pursed. "Yet it is not sunny. What a depressing day."
"Gwen, I know. I miss them too. But they wouldn't want us to be somber today. We have priorities."
She gave Trir a small smile. "Of course." She stood up, and hugged her brother. "I'm sorry Trir. Thank you."
"It's all right Gwen." He replied, embracing his sister. They broke apart as there was a sharp knock on the door. There was a sharp intake of breath from Trir as he looked out the window.
"Gwen, it's the knights."
"Quick, get upstairs Trir."
Trir reluctantly did as his sister asked of him, and ran up the one flight of stairs in their house, into the attic.
Gwen opened the door and gave a curtsy. "Good day, sirs." She said, getting up once more.
"You've kept the court waiting." Was the stonce cold reply of a knight.
"I am sorry sir, of course."
She reached into a wooden chest, and produced a small, shabby cloth pouch. She handed it over to the knight. He took it in his hand, and looked at her with distaste.
"There is more then half missing." He growled.
"Well, yes sir. But it was a slow growing season and-"
"Save it peasant. You know the punishment of not paying the court."
"Sirs, please. I beg of you." She desperately pleaded, yet she was pushed aside. The knights entered the small hut.
"Search it." The head knight commanded.
Gwen could hear her brothers breathing quicken.
Please Trir, be quiet. Don't let them hear you. She thought desperately.
"She was broken out of her thoughts by the gruff voice of the knight.
"If it's just you living in here, why are there two chairs at the table?" He questioned, glaring at her.
"The other one is for my mother. That is where she used to sit, and I still feel close to her; like she is sitting there watching over me." Gwen lied easily, though her heart was pounding.
The knight grunted, and moved on searching. They turned over chests and looted through sacks. At last, they reached the small hidden staircase. They began to head up the stairs, and they reached the large wooden door.
"No, please. Don't go in there." Gwen tried, yet to no avail. With a sharp kick, the door was flung open to where her brother was hiding.
The room was empty. The knights entered, stepping on the hay strewn across the floorboards. They came to the other side of the room, a small table by the window. They reached into the table's drawer and found what they were looking for: another small ratty sack.
"No, please! That is the only money I have left! I need to eat too!" She pleaded.
"That's not our problem." He said, as he made his way down the stairs.
"Please, you don't understand-"
"We understand perfectly well. Now good day." He said, and the three knights exited the house, the door slamming behind them. She stood in the eerily quiet house, until she could hear their horses fading into the distance.
"Trir." She called, defeated. The young boy dashed down the stairs and tackled his sister in a hug. His face was red, and tears trickled down his cheek.
"Oh my lord, Trir. Where were you hiding? I was so worried." She said, hugging Trir with all the might in the world.
"I was in a haybale. They didn't see me." He said, through shaken breaths.
There was silence for a long time as they enjoyed each other's presence. After what seemed like eternity, Trir spoke.
"Gwen, that was too close. Closer then it has been."
"Oh Trir, the knights are getting more aggressive. I don't know what to do now." She honestly replied.
"...Well we have another two weeks to figure it out before they return again." He said at last, wiping water from his face. "Gwen, you're so brave."
"I try to be Trir. I try to be."
"Let's make supper."
"How does stew sound?"
"What else would we have?" She said with a grim smile. As Trir walked to the fire place to get the crops, he never noticed the tear now slowly dripping down Gwen's face onto the ground.
----------
End Notes:
Did you like? Did you hate? How about you review?
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10622