The Shinobi Games by cvhoneybee
Summary: Every ten years there is a huge event that connects the Great Shinobi Nations. Everyone gathers together and battles their way through games and battles.

The time has come for the Shinobi Games once again and everyone is invited to join and make there way through the rounds.

Care to join in the games?
Categories: OC-centric, Het Romance > Fluff, General Fiction > Naruto Shippuuden Characters: All
Genres: Action/Adventure, General, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: , Joint Stories!
Challenges: , Joint Stories!
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2945 Read: 5727 Published: 02/06/11 Updated: 20/06/11

1. Chapter 1: Join The Games by cvhoneybee

2. Chapter 2 by cvhoneybee

3. Chapter 3 by cvhoneybee

4. AUTHOR NOTE PLEASE READ by cvhoneybee

Chapter 1: Join The Games by cvhoneybee
Author's Notes:
Please read the rules carefully everyone and I hope you all enjoy the story.

And I'm sorry I haven't been reading everyone's stories and updating mine as quickly as I used too. Having two jobs makes it a bit challenging.
Hello Everyone!

Once again I am making a joint story, but this one won’t be like the other one (The Sacred Relics), this one is going to be a more fun story rather than an action adventure. This one is just to test my creativity I suppose. So if you would like to join this story please read the rules below.

The Rules.

1. No anonymous reviewers can be in the story, you have to have an account on the web site.

2. Leave your character profile in a review, if you don’t agree with or like how I am writing your character in the story just let me know.

3. I will only have five OC’s along with a couple of my own.

4. One OC per person please, unless I state otherwise.

5. Romances can be mentioned, but aren’t mandatory. Just know that if others have the same romance character keep it the same, it’ll add some fun into the story, and we’ll see who gets their romance story fulfilled.

6. Every character must have a flaw! It is a must, cause no one is that perfect.

7. Be specific on the character profile, having some details helps me write your character better.

8. My final rule is to have fun with this.

Template:

Name:
Age:
Gender:
Village:
Rank:
Romance:
Personality:
Brief History:
Appearance (you can use a picture):
Kekkei Genkai:
Chakra Nature:
Weakness:
Other facts (animal partner, weapon they carry, ect.):

My character:

Name: Kiyomi Yamashita
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Village: Sand
Rank: Jounin
Romance: Kiba

Personality: Kiyomi is a fun loving girl that loves to daydream, sing, and dance. She loves color and vibrant things, she loves fruits, and loves animals. A bit on the competitive side, Kiyomi loves to push herself to her limits. She will work herself into the ground while researching or on a mission, she simply loves the work.

Brief History: The Yamashita clan is a powerful and rich clan that expects only the best. Kiyomi started her training at three years old, she began ninjutsu at five. By the time she was nine she was a full fledge genin, and at the age of thirteen she became a chunin. At the age of fifteen she became a jounin due to saving three genin from being kidnapped by a missing-nin.

Appearance:
Photobucket

Kekkei Genkai: The Yamashita clan has an ability to see the future by drawing it out.
Chakra Nature: Wind & Lighting
Weakness: Kiyomi is easily stressed out and has a low stamina

Other Facts: Kiyomi is excellent at archery and also has a pet Hyena named Mongo, who she always has with her and battles with.
Chapter 2 by cvhoneybee
Author's Notes:
And so the story begins, I hope everyone will enjoy the opening chapter.

I know it isn't amazing, but it's getting the ball rolling. So leave your feedback.
“Well thats a bummer for you, Gaara,” Kiyomi said with a shrug. Her blue-silver hair shimmered in the sunlight that broke through the trees of the forest the sand ninja were venturing through. She adjusted her blue and gold lined gloves on her arms and stretched her arms up towards the sky. They had been traveling at a leisurely pace for the past day and weren’t far from their destination of the Hidden Leaf Village.

“Kiyomi mind you manners and address him as Kazekage,” Kankuro scolded, but Kiyomi only scoffed and waved the matter off. Before Gaara had become Kazekage, she and him went on many missions together. They were both very close in terms of the workforce, which lead to a budding friendship as time carried on. “I don’t know why you choose Kiyomi to represent our village anyways. Of all the choices you choose her?” Kankuro snickered, pointing at the girl wearing the short blue kimono with a plunging neckline. She adjusted the scarf around her neck and fixed the trinkets in her hair.

“Don’t be jealous Kankuro,” Kiyomi remarked. “You’re just mad because Sosuke and I were chosen over you.”

Sosuke Kazukae blinked a few times at the sound of his name and looked over at Kiyomi and Kankuro. They started to bicker and he simply shrugged his shoulders and ran his fingers through his black hair. In the sunlight his eyes seemed icy, but they were really a soft blue grey color. Beside him, Temari was flipping through a packet of papers.

“What are you looking through?” Sosuke questioned.

“The rules of the tournament, each village has a limit to how many may enter.” Temari handed him the sheet that listed the number of contestants there could be for each country.

“Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of finding the best?” Sosuke said with a suppressed laugh as he studied the list. Temari agreed with him, but she also saw why it was needed. If anyone and everyone was allowed to enter it would make things much more difficult. It was better just to have each country pick two ninja in each rank.

“It might be flawed, but it’s a good system.” Temari took the paper back from him and stuffed it into the satchel she was carrying with her.

“In another hour we’ll be at Konoha and we can rest and eat and relax for a while. I’m exhausted,” Kiyomi said as she skipped a bit.

“Seriously replace her with me,” Kankuro said, looking to Gaara. The redheaded Kazekage just chuckled lightly and shook his head. He knew Kiyomi was a bubbly girl, but he also knew what she was capable of. Even though she acted really girly and weak, she was far from it.

“Oh just stop already Kankuro, go mingle with the genin,” Kiyomi hissed at the face-painted puppeteer. He snorted and glanced over at the genin Gaara and the Sand council had chosen to represent the village. “I wonder what the other villages will have in store.”

“Why not draw it out?” Kankuro said with a smirk. Kiyomi rolled her eyes. The Yamashita clan had a kekkei genkai that allowed them to foretell the future, however it was very flawed. If any clan knew about how one decision could change an entire future, it was the Yamashita clan.

“Enough Kankuro,” Gaara said. He was getting tired of the two’s sarcastic comments. The entire trip the two of them had been going at it and it was irritating. “Just represent the village as best as you can, Kiyomi. You too, Sosuke.”

“Of course,” Sosuke said with a nod.

“Don’t forget, Sosuke, you’ll have to go through me too,” Kiyomi smirked, pointing at herself. The spiky haired ninja chuckled and nodded.

“I would actually like to fight someone who could foretell my moves before I made them.” Sosuke was looking up at the sky above, staring at the clear blue sky. He couldn’t lie he was excited to be the one the Sand village had chosen.

_________________________________________

“Entering him is out of the question!” Tsunade snapped.

“Imagine is though, Lady Hokage,” a man wearing a white doctors coat said. “If he is a success then imagine what this could mean for the future.” Tsunade shook her head in disappointment. Entering Ezra would be cheating, since he was an enhanced ninja. Being mixed with Hyuga and Uchiha genes made him a force to be reckoned with.

“I’ve seen the files on him, he’s impressive,” Tsunade paused and pointed to a file on her desk. “I can’t allow him in though, it could be dangerous.”

“He’s merely a chunin just learning the extent of his power,” the man explained with a few hand gestures. Tsunade narrowed her eyes at him and shook her head. She knew that he wasn’t just an average ninja, he was much more than that. Ezra was working his way up into the ranks. He was an impressive ninja with so much power locked within him. “Give him a chance, he may have been enhanced, but he is like any normal ninja. He must learn to use his jutsu.”

“He’s thirteen and a chunin, enhanced with Hyuga and Uchiha genes, I want to talk to him before I allow him to join,” Tsunade said with a frown. The doctor, Jimushi Shota, smiled happily and bowed to the blonde woman. He walked over to the door and pulled it open.

“Come inside,” Jimushi said, waving Ezra and two ANBU into the room. As they walked inside, Tsunade studied Ezra’s every move. He was like a normal kid, blue eye, spiky blue hair, and normal clothes. His jacket swayed around his legs when he stopped before Tsunade. “Ezra you remember Lady Tsunade.”

“I do,” Ezra said with a nod. “It’s good to see you, Lady Hokage.”

“Why do you want to enter the Shinobi Games, Ezra?” the busty woman asked, lacing her fingers together. She leaned forward slightly on the desk and smiled lightly.

“I want to become stronger and learn more about the abilities I possess,” Ezra explained. Tsunade chuckled slightly, she could see a bit of the humility the Hyuga’s contained within his physical features. The Uchiha desire for power though was very prominent.

“Very well Jimushi,” Tsunade said, not looking away from Ezra. The young ninja smiled happily and looked to Jimushi, who nodded to him. “If anything out of the ordinary happen though, I will intervene and Ezra will be put under lock and key.”

“Yes ma’am.” Jimushi nodded as bowed as he opened the door, showing Ezra and the ANBU out of the room.

“Thank you, Lady Hokage,” Ezra said just before he walked out. Tsunade smiled at him weakly and nodded her head. She could see Ezra was a good kid, but he had so much danger floating around him.
Chapter 3 by cvhoneybee
Author's Notes:
I know it's short and not much goes on, I'm just trying to get character introduced and trying to get chapters up.

I want to thank everyone for writing reviews they make me really happy!

P.S. Sorry for the cliffhanger I couldn't help myself.
She stood in the creek, wiggling her toes in the sandy bottom. Her blue gray eyes were closed and her steel blue hair was blowing around in the summer breeze. As the sun shimmered down on her light skin, she crossed her small arms over her petite body and lifted three senbon needles in each hand. Her name was Aika Kichida a chunin ninja from the Sound Village. Taking in a deep breath, Aika whistled a sharp tune and readied herself for an attack.

Utahime, Aika’s little mockingbird companion soared out from the trees and chirped as she passed every target. Spinning around and following the sound of Utahime’s chirps, Aika hit every mark that the little bird passed. Once she hit all six targets, she held out her arm as a perch. The little bird landed lightly on her arm and chirped at Aika.

“Hey Aika,” a male voice sounded from her left. Walking down the path was a seventeen year old boy with his hair tied back in a loose braid. He wore a red cloak concealing his actual attire. “Come on, it’s our turn to register.”

“I’m coming, Choi,” Aika assured, holding her arm higher to let Utahime free to fly. As the little bird flew away, she turned to Choi and smiled. He nodded for her to follow him and they started back towards Konoha. “The only two chunin to represent the sound, nervous?” she questioned.

“It’s just like every other village here, Aika,” Choi said. “We may even go against each other.” Aika looked at Choi, but he didn’t look down at her. She played with her black sleeves and flattened out her black dress.

“That’s a scary thought, fighting someone who knows your every move.”

“That might prove just how strong that someone really is.”

“I guess so,” Aika said softly. “May the best ninja win.”

“Remember it’s only chunin against chunin,” Choi explained as they continued to walk down the path, the village getting closer and closer. “Same for the other ranks.” Aika nodded her head knowingly and smiled weakly.

“I know, but still it’s going to be a challenge.”

_________________________________________

Shikamaru yawned as he continued to file through all the paperwork. All the documentation that had to do with the Shinobi Games was flooding the Hokage’s office. He unfortunately had to stay and help her out. Lifting up a large stack, he moved it onto a small cart that contained more documentation. He had to take it back to the elders to get them to check it off and then everything would be in place.

“Aka Ryuu?” Shikamaru questioned as he read the top of the stack. Kotetsu and Izumo where walking right in front of him. “She’s in this?”

“Surprising right, someone who is quiet and timid hardly hear about her and yet she’s representing the chunin of the Leaf.” Kotetsu shook his head as they walked up the stairs. Shikamaru shrugged his shoulder, as far as he was concerned he just had to get the paperwork filed and signed.

“Well speak of the devil,” Izumo said as they got to the top flight of stairs. A girl with lovely red hair that dusted her shoulders and matching bright red eyes stood still. She looked at the three of them for a moment and smiled lightly, waving to the three men as they approached her. Her kimono was very neat with it’s beautiful black silk threads and red rose embroidery. The breeze blew through the open windows and doors, causing her bright red sash to flutter behind her. “Hello Aka, what brings you here?”

“Oh, they just gave me the schedules and stuff,” Aka explained, holding up a small booklet. She looked to Shikamaru and smiled warmly. “I better be going, Akuma is waiting.” Bowing, Aka quickly shuffled passed the three men and went down the stairs to her dragon companion. She got to the flat platform and the small dragon landed on the metal railing.

“The Ryuu clan may not be well known for anything, but their dragons, but maybe Aka will put them on the map,” Izumo said as Aka patted her dragon’s black scaled body. Soon she was running down the stairs with Akuma gliding right beside her. Once they were out of site, Izumo looked back to Kotetsu and Shikamaru. “Come on, we have more work to do.”

“Has everyone arrived?” Shikamaru asked.

“To my knowledge everyone participating should be here. I escorted the Sand contestants this morning, the Grass is here as well,” Kotetsu replied as the walked down the hallway to the meeting room. When they arrived at the door, Shikamaru knocked and the door came open.

Inside many of the village elders were overlooking profiles of those who had entered the competition. There were images and stats on many people from the Leaf to smaller villages like the Land of Honey. Shikamaru placed his stack down on the corner of a table where Tsunade was sitting. Shizune was standing behind her and thanked the genius. He saluted her and started for the door.

“Hold on Shikamaru,” Tsunade said without looking up from the paperwork she was filling out. “I need you to submit this to the hospital.” She tapped on a large file that was filled with medical checks of all those who were entering. Groaning, Shikamaru looked at the stack and grumbled as he lifted it up.

“That’s only half, the other is right here,” Shizune said as she pointed to the smal table behind her. Rolling his hazel eyes, Shikamaru walked over to the table and picked up the stack and headed out of the room to finish his job so he could relax the rest of his evening.

_________________________________________

“Welcome to the Leaf, Ren Satsuki,” Sakura said after she finished giving him a short and simple physical. Every ninja had to do it before going into the competition. “You’re good to go, good luck out there.” She smiled, brushing her pink hair behind her ear. Ren smiled back at her and jumped off the table her was sitting on. Ruffling up his black and white hair, Ren stretched his arms out and gathered his belongings.

“Thank you,” Ren said, tossing his pack over his shoulder. Nodding her head, Sakura waved as Ren walked out of the tent. He stopped the moment he walked out and turned his head as a kunai knife whizzed right past him. Narrowing his eyes, Ren turned to see who threw the blade. “Choi Ito, what a wonderful surprise.”

“Isn’t it, though?” Choi laughed, crossing his arms over his broad chest.
AUTHOR NOTE PLEASE READ by cvhoneybee
Author's Notes:
Please read
I am very sorry to say this story will be going on hiatus until I complete one of my other stories, I have too much characters to remember about and it is becoming a bit conflicting.

So as a result I will be putting this story on pause for a couple of weeks. I won't be deleting it, since other authors have their characters in it. Once again I apologize for this.

As soon as one of my other stories ends I will return back to this one and continue on. Check back to my website every now and then to see when this one will be updated again, cause I may put out a chapter on it every now and then.

My other stories will continue on though and with one less story to worry about they should be updated more frequently and be finished in no time. Of course that will depend on work and other things going on in my life.

Anyways, my apologies to everyone who has a character in this story. I feel bad to quit on you guys like this.

Sorry to do this to you guys. I feel bad, but unfortunately it has to happen.

I'm also placing an explanation on my website.
This story archived at http://www.narutofic.org/viewstory.php?sid=10375