TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Simple Rivalry by Squeakyai

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“No”

“Please?”

“No”

“Maybe?”

“Just shut up dobe, and let me read. No, I am not stopping what I am doing just because you can’t sit still for more than two minutes.” With that Sasuke returned to his reading successfully ignoring the puppy dog eyes directed at him.

Minutes later Naruto gave up on his failed attempt to sway the Uchiha and settled for other means of entertainment.

“Sooo, whatcha’ readin’?” he asked leaning over in an attempt to see for himself.

Sasuke snapped his book shut to shield it from the probing blue eyes. “Fine. Then you’re leaving me alone to read. Got it?”

“Yay teme!” Naruto cheered, quite literally dragging Sasuke into the kitchen.

“Uhhh. Were’s the ramen?” Naruto asked sheepishly realizing he didn’t even ask if the raven even had ramen. ‘Well of course he does. Who doesn’t have ramen?’

“Dobe” he muttered as he opened up the pantry to the left of the hyperactive boy to reveal any flavor you could possibly dream of.

Naruto literally drooled at the heavenly sight and one full stomach later, found himself once again pestering Sasuke.

“Whatcha’ reading?” he asked calmly. Though it was clear that if he didn’t get an answer he would be more than willing to take more drastic measures. (If the sparkle of mischief in his eyes was anything to go by)

“hn.” Sasuke sighed defeated. If it was so important to know that ramen didn’t get him to forget; there was no hope that the blond would relent. “Why do you want to know so badly?”
“ ‘Cause. You seem really interested in it, and what people read tells a lot about them.”

‘that actually made sense’ Sasuke blinked. He was not expecting that. Not from someone so...so oblivious. “Uhh, I rather you not know. For your reasoning exactly.”

“Eh? That makes no sense!”

‘That’s more like the Naruto I know.’ “Think about it then get back to me when you come up with something.” Sasuke had to admit, he was really interested in what Naruto would say next. But was surprised when the blond actually listened to him and sat quietly for a good five minutes pondering his words.

“Ok, I’m thinking that you don’t want me to know what you’re reading because I was right and it reveals more bout you than you’re willing to let people know.” Naruto analyzed Sasuke’s reaction, verifying if what he said was correct, before continuing. “But there’s more to it. Something that involves me specifically. What it is: I have no clue.”
Sasuke tried to hide his shock but failed miserably. Only to be brought back to his senses by the smug look on Naruto’s face.

“I know I’m correct so you don’t need to go through the trouble of telling me so. Last thing I need is for you to hemridge from such an excruciating process.” Naruto grinned wildly at his victory and at his joke. “ ‘sides, now I’m just even more curious as to what you could possibly need to hide from me.” Naruto grinned wildly. He was in control of the situation and they both knew it. “So are you going to tell me or am I going to be forced to take more drastic measures?”

‘Crap. I need to think. And quick’ Sasuke managed to regain composure and smirked to cover up his nervousness. “How bout we make this interesting.” He paused long enough to make sure he had the blond’s attention before continuing. Also taking the time to figure out what exactly he was getting at. “Play a game, maybe a spar? You win: you get to examine my book. I win: you leave me alone when I read.”

Naruto debated this. This could work to his advantage. And he had the perfect game in mind…