TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Simple Rivalry by Squeakyai

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Chapter 2
"Naruto get your elbow out of my eye!!”
“Why don’t you get your eye out of my elbow!?"
Sasuke sent a dark unseen glare in the other boy’s direction. “That doesn’t even deserve a response.”
“It’s your fault teme!” Naruto reproached.
“How is this my fault.” he all but growled in response.
“ ’Cause teme; every time you get the stupid look in your eyes something bad happens. Aka: this is your fault”
“You seem awfully smug for someone who can’t even come up with a valid reason.”
“I did to-o come up with a ‘valid reason’!” Naruto practically whined. “That look nearly jeopardized our last mission, it caused us to lose to Sakura once already, and now it’s the reason I’m stuck in this damn small and cramped spot with your pompous ass!!!!”
“Shush dobe!!” Sasuke yelled in a hushed tone. “she’ll find us!”
“How could I not?”
“Crap!” they both simultaneously yelled as they jumped out of there hiding spot and prepared to attack.
Sakura giggled at their mortified expressions.
‘This is bad, she’s not attacking. Just what is she planning?’
Sasuke’s thoughts were answered as a series of traps were set off by their hasty exit.
Two minutes of dodging later Naruto was hanging upside down from a tree. Sasuke sat underneath, arm still attached to Naruto’s, dejected and defeated.
Kakashi jumped out of a nearby tree where he was supposedly watching his students. He finally took his eyes off his book to survey the situation, his disinterested expression never deficient as he slipped the orange book into his pocket.
The training field was littered with various weapons and the debris from exploded objects. Sasuke was helplessly stuck to the tree by a vast assortment of weapons. The boy above him thrashing and screaming was the obvious reason Sasuke was unable to free himself. ‘They’ve yet to learn a thing’
“Sakura wins. You two were again two busy quarrelling to try to work together as a team.” He stated. “Go home. Practice is at the same time tomorrow, and I expect that you at least try to get your acts together. The sooner you do, the sooner I’ll free you.” With that he disappeared in a twirl of leaves, leaving the boys to de-trap themselves on their own.
“Bye Sasuke! See you tomorrow!” Sakura squealed happily before running off.
“Wait! Sakura! Aren’t you going to help us!?” Naruto yelled flailing about hysterically.
“Calm down baka.” Sasuke ordered as he pulled out some of the weapons holding his clothes to the tree.
“But te-me! All the blood is rushing to my brain!”
“Then stop moving so I can free us.” Sasuke snarled.
The blond begrudgingly complied, pouting as Sasuke got up to untie him.
He climbed up the tree and cut the wire holding Naruto up. This was again, a bad move on Sasuke’s part. As soon as he cut it, Naruto when whirling towards the ground dragging a piqued Sasuke with him.
“dobe” he muttered when the dust finally settled.
They were, again, in an awkward position and Sasuke was simply too peeved by everything to feel anything other than annoyance towards the blond.
He lifted his head up to view the perplexed boy on top of him before sighing in defeat and flinging his head back down; too exasperated to do anything.
Their limbs were tangled up along with the wire connecting them. ‘Yep, this is going to suck’ Sasuke thought forebodingly.
After a somewhat long silence both teens regained their bearings.
“So, um, Sasuke…what do you think we should do?”
“Hn?”
“Eh, hehe, what I mean is: what do we need to do to get out of this without torturing ourselves even more.”
Sasuke looked up at Naruto. He was truly mystified by Naruto’s change in nature. “Why are you asking me?”
This statement caused Naruto’s expression to change from blushing to being ticked. “ ’Cause I thought you’d know teme. Guess I was wrong for trying to work together with you.” He snapped.
This threw the Uchiha even more through a loop. “Hn, sorry.” He muttered. “We could start by you detangling yourself from me.”
“uhh, right.” ‘Did the ice princes just apologize?’ “Now what?”
“If we try to stand up this way we’ll nock each other over. We need to use each other as a counter weight so we can get up without hitting each other.”
Naruto nodded in response. “ok, go.”
‘We’re up’ Naruto blinked a few times before laughing and putting on his trademark grin “well that was surprisingly painless.”
“Says you. I landed on a rock. Not an Uchiha.”
Naruto’s grin brightened “I knew you had a funny bone in ya!” he cheered patting the begrudged teen on the back. “Anyways, you know what I meant.”
“Hn. Let’s just go. I need a shower.”