TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bonds of Blood by animeroxsmyworld

[Reviews - 35]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto

Authoress Note: Sorry once again for how late I've been. I really am a procrastinator and I feel horrible that other people have to suffer for it. But don't worry, very soon I'll have plenty of time to write and hopefully get chapters out quicker.

Oh and Konohamaru will make an appearance…I just have to figure out when.

But until then, here you go.
Bonds of Blood

By: Animeroxsmyworld

Chapter 27: Strength


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto was exhausted beyond belief.

He barely had enough strength left to hang onto Kakashi's back as the Jounin carried him down the street for the fourth time that week.

He had been training with team 7, continuing to use his bunshins, but the minute that they disappeared, Naruto felt dead on his feet. His muscles ached and sweat poured off of him, exhaustion staggering him where he stood.

It was like his fatigue had been multiplied to a near unbearable point.

The first time it happened, Sakura and Sasuke thought he was having some kind of stroke while Kakashi remained calm and simply hefted him up onto his back.

Naruto blearily opened his eye, shapes blurring together in his vision, yet he was still able to discern what was what. Kakashi was taking him to his apartment again, like he had the other times.

Naruto could barely feel his lips turn down into a frown.

"Hey…Kakashi…sensei…" He was able to croak out, tugging on Kakashi's sleeve weakly.

"Hmm?" Was the response he got, showing he had the older male's attention.

"Turn…left up…ahead." Naruto instructed, yawning. "Then go…straight for…four blocks…"

Kakashi raised a brow as he listened to the boy's instructions. Curious, he followed them without question, shifting Naruto's weight as he did so. Heaven knows that if he let Naruto try and walk on his own, his legs would give out and he would fall asleep on the street.

Ah, the side effects of training with bunshins. Though it was amazing how many Naruto could train with, Kakashi himself got tired just having one around for extended periods of time. Naruto had ten mimicking him for the whole of the day…more or less.

His chakra and stamina was amazing.

He was getting stronger.

Kakashi was sure of it.

With that many clones training as well, Naruto was doing everything in the same time the others were, but he was working twice as hard. Maybe even more, considering how many bunshins he made.

If he continued like this, he may become stronger than Kakashi himself within months, maybe even just a year.

Kakashi wasn't sure whether that was disturbing or amazing.

"…turn right." Kakashi did so and blinked as the Namikaze estate became recognizable down the street. Naruto's next directions led them straight to it in fact.

"Naruto, where are we going?" Kakashi asked slowly, bemused, glancing at the boy behind him. Naruto looked up over Kakashi's shoulder, as if wondering if his directions had somehow gotten them lost, but he relaxed when he saw the estate.

"Home."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This isn't fair Kakashi-sensei! Make him get rid of his bushins if we're going to spar!" Sakura demanded, pointing an accusing finger at Naruto and his copies. The multiple blond males looked disgruntled, a few opening their mouths to responded but were saved by the silver haired man.

"I can't do that Sakura. If this was a real fight, there would be no holding back between opponents."

Sakura frowned.

"Besides, if Naruto has the ability to use Kage Bunshin, then he should be allowed to use it, just like how Sasuke is allowed to use his Sharingan or a Hyuuga member with their Byakugan." Kakashi finished calmly.

Sakura badly wanted to protest, seeing how Naruto's jutsu made it so she had to fight against multiple opponents and she didn't have the same stamina he did, but it seemed that she wouldn't be able to persuade Kakashi.

She settled for glaring holes into his head.

She glared, tapping her foot for a whole minute before Kakashi sighed and rubbed the back of his head.

"Fine. How about Sasuke fights on your side to help you out." He offered, Sasuke making a grunt of disagreement from where he stood while Sakura hummed her consent. It was Sasuke's turn to glare at the Jounin but Kakashi only shooed him towards the pinkette, Sasuke grudgingly walking towards his two teammates.

He didn't want to be paired up with her.

"Alright! I'll take both of you on!" The original Naruto declared, pumping a fist in the air, words of agreement echoing his words as his five bunshins got into fighting stances, bouncing on the balls of their feet in anticipation.

Sasuke smirked, Naruto's words erasing Sakura's presence from his mind. In all of their fights, Sasuke was always the victor. Naruto could barely land a hit on him. Even with this many copies, Sasuke doubted there would be much of a difference in the outcome.

Naruto was being cocky.

"You still won't stand a chance dobe." He sneered, removing his hands from his pockets. Beside him Sakura hesitantly crouched down into a fighting stance as well, eyes flickering between Sasuke and the army of Naruto's.

"Teme!" The Naruto's shouted in unison as they all charged towards him, Sasuke activating his Sharingan as they did so. Unlike Sakura, Sasuke didn't hesitate to start dealing blows, flipping over the masses of orange and yellow as he swept feet out from under people, broke noses, and dealt kicks to people's jaws.

Smoke was filling the air around the brunette as the Uchiha planted both of his feet into the chest of a nearby clone, flipping back in time to avoid a tackle from behind. He was inwardly marvelling at the power the Sharingan gave him, Naruto's every move becoming more defined and clear to him with each passing moment.

In all honesty, it looked more like a spar between the two boys than a match between Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. The Haruno just couldn't seem to find an opening to join the fight and was standing helplessly at the side, scowl slowly starting to form on her face.

Naruto swore under his breath, his breathing getting heavier as he trained all of his attention on Sasuke's movements, dodging around his jabs while his bunshins made tackles and sweeping kicks to try and knock him off balance.

Sasuke ducked underneath a fist, grabbing it and twisting his body, the Naruto crying out in surprise as he was hurled through the air over Sasuke's back. Sakura's eyes widened as the airborne ninja came soaring towards her.

Naruto barely managed to open his eyes in time to see the pinkette managing to scramble away, her actions in vain as Naruto saw her getting painfully close.

"Sorry Sakura-chan!" Naruto's voice apologized as Sakura squeaked, a loud smack echoing through the air before the Naruto disappeared in a cloud of smoke, Sasuke too preoccupied to even turn his head to see what had happened. He elbowed a bunshin in the torso, turning swiftly and ducking under a kick, blocking with his forearm.

He smirked as he pushed the leg away. 'He hasn't even hit me y--'

That was when pain erupted from his abdomen, spit flying from his mouth as the heel from a foot crashed into him, catching him by surprise.

He flew back only for a fist to pound against the back of his skull, spinning him face first towards the ground. He caught himself on his hands and knees before he could kiss the dirt.

There was a second of confused silence, between both the blondes and the brunette, blue eyes blinking, before…

"Yeah! Take that!" Naruto cried out triumphantly, grin lighting up his face. Sasuke growled, glaring as he sprang upright, not even waiting a second before he dispelled the clone next to him, irritation swelling inside of him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I see you survived." Anko commented, her words mumbled from the mouthful of dango she was eating. She grinned widely, littering as she threw the empty stick onto the ground and stepped towards them, placing her hands on her hips.

"This means you have more potential then I thought. Good job brats."

"You expected us to die…didn't you?!" Roku accused, Anko waving off his words.

"Die, maim, really the same thing. Oh Toshi!" Anko suddenly cooed, crouching down as something slithered through the grass. Kyoko jumped back instinctively, staying on her tiptoes as the garter snake from earlier went past, slithering towards Anko, the purple haired kunoichi reaching a hand towards the reptile and letting it slither onto her arm.

"You mean, that thing was yours?" Itsuya remarked, Anko glaring at him before he could continue talking, which it looked like he was about to do. Honestly, could he not just say one sentence?

"Don't say thing! That's rude!" She snapped before petting Toshi on the head, smile returning. "This is Toshi. I told you I would be watching you guys with one of my summons. He would disappear if any of you were seriously injured. But you're not, which means you pass."

As an after thought, her smile dwindled and she frowned. "That means we're a team." She was their Jounin. No weaselling out of this one. Damn!

"So--" Kyoko started before Anko cut her off. She straightened up, shoulders rolling back and an air of professionalism taking over her.

"Congratulations. You are now Team 1, the first Genins of your Academy year. We will begin missions in two days time so meet in front of Hontoro's Dango Shop at 8 o'clock." She started formally before she relaxed, her eyes glinting mischievously.

"The last one there has to buy me dango."


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red eyes glared, watching as the male in front of him did a series of taijutsu moves. He had been appearing here for the past few days, making the fox not surprised to see him at all.

He was irritated beyond belief, but not surprised.

"What do you think you're doing?" Kyuubi growled, Naruto barely pausing as his fist planted into the abdomen of his invisible enemy, the Namikaze turning back sharply and twisting his body to the side, punching where one's face would be.

"Well…" He started. "Since someone can't seem to leave me alone, even when I'm sleeping, I thought I may as well train while I'm at it." Naruto bit out bitterly. He had managed to focus on his chakra despite the distraction of the Kyuubi, simply ignoring the fox while he moulded chakra.

It was almost back to normal.

But then a week ago, Naruto found when he went to sleep, he woke up in the dank hallways. He had spent the first nights simply walking through the maze of hallways, grumbling when they wound around to dead ends or connected back to themselves, like an intricate maze.

If he didn't eventually wake up, or find the Kyuubi, which he always did, Naruto was sure he would've been lost for weeks.

Kyuubi's fur rose in anger. "Watch what you say! You think I'm the one calling you? I never want to see your face! If it was up to me, you would be used as my personal chew toy! No…your subconscious must be calling you here." He barked viciously, spit flying from his mouth in his anger.

Naruto paused, his face screwing up as he put his foot down, the limb suspended in the air from where he had placed a kick. He turned to the Kyuubi and crossed his arms over his chest. He didn't look very intimidating dressed in his pyjamas.

"Well then how the hell am I supposed to fix that if it's in my subconscious?" He questioned.

"I just know the reason, I don't know how to fix it. What do I look like to you, a fucking psychiatrist?" Kyuubi hissed. Instead of arguing, Naruto snorted in amusement, Kyuubi growling as Naruto coughed to hide his obvious laughter. He eventually managed to maintain a straight face and turned away from the barricaded fox, continuing his taijutsu moves.

"Well since I can't figure out how to fix it, it looks like I'm stuck here."

Kyuubi grumbled incoherent death threats as he scathingly watched the blond move about, the sound of sloshing water the only noise for the next ten minutes. Eventually, he spoke up again.

"Why are you even trying so hard in the first place? It's not going to get you anywhere. You'll die in the end."

Naruto didn't stop his movements but his voice hesitated for a second. "I want to be strong to gain respect." His face darkened for a second but Kyuubi saw it and the fox perked his head up, attention caught. That was an interesting expression on the child. "The villagers…" He ground out. "I'm going to make them recognize me. If I have to become the most powerful ninja in Konoha for that to happen then I'll do that. I'll become Hokage and show all of them."

Kyuubi was silent for a second before his lips pulled back into a smile that would make a child cry. The action caught Naruto's attention, the boy slowly turning to look at him once again.

"I believe I figured out what your problem is." The fox started, his eyes glinting. How interesting, it seemed he had misjudged the sack of flesh before him. Naruto only continued to look at him blankly, clearly confused.

"You want power. That's why your subconscious seeks me."

Kyuubi grinned with pure malice at the shocked look that washed over Naruto. He blinked before beginning to sputter in indignation and anger.

"Y-yeah right! Where would you ever get that idea you stupid fox!" Kyuubi only continued to grin despite the insult. Anger was beginning to boil inside of Naruto as he looked up at that stupid grinning fox, his hands clenching into tight fists and his teeth clenching together. He was lying. He was lying!

"I want to be Hokage and t--"

"And to be the Hokage you need power. To be the strongest in the Village. You said so yourself. Then again, all humans crave for power. I'm not surprised that you'd be the same."

"SHUT UP!"

Everything suddenly flickered around him and Naruto gasped, eyes shooting open. The ceiling of his room looked back at him as Naruto clutched at the mattress below him tensely. Looking around, he saw his belongings scattering the floor and dresser and he relaxed as the familiar surroundings began to register in his head.

A whine came from somewhere near Naruto's hip, the blond raising his head enough to see Fuji looking at him curiously from where he sat on top of the covers, wedged in the space that Naruto's body didn't take up. Naruto couldn't help the smile that lit his face. He found it beyond cool that Fuji followed him everywhere.

Fuji's tail wagged at the smile, reluctantly putting his head down when Naruto did, the Namikaze relaxing back against the bed.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's finished then?" Orochimaru asked, a smile creeping into his voice. It caused a shudder to pass down the spine of the man in front of him. The beady eyed scientist that Gatou had hired and put under Orochimaru's care was quick to recover and nodded his head.

"Y-Yes."

He reached into the pocket of the oversized lab coat draped over his body and retracted a vial of colorless liquid, the liquid glinting in the dim light overhead. Orochimaru's eyes gleamed as he reached forward and grabbed it from the man's tiny hand.

Usually he would send Kabuto to go on these little runs for him, but the silver haired male was busy helping set the plan in motion. Together, they had taken care of the main details, but now they had to brush up on the finer things, Orochimaru taking care of things on this end of the country while Kabuto was forced to trek through the desert to get to Suna.

Orochimaru would have to manage without him for the time being.

"It was t-tricky to get right at f-f-first, but in the end, I got it j-just like you r-r-requested." The man stuttered as he wiped his hands on his coat, watching the snake Sannin turn the vial over and over again in his hands.

Orochimaru smirked to himself.

Things couldn't be going more perfect.

With Gatou's wealth and underground workings of the drug trade, he was able to find the right ingredients to finally bring to life a substance he had been dreaming of creating for years.

"How many bottles did you make?"

"I have p-plenty more in the e-experimentation room O-Orochimaru-sama." The man offered quickly before scuttling back to the room behind him.

Orochimaru grinned as he pocket the vial, the smile looking purely demonic on his face.

'You're time is up, Sarutobi.'


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm becoming broke!" Kyoko whined as she sat at one of the many tables offered at the dango shop. She plunked her head into her arms, her shoulder length locks spilling onto the table and the clip fastening her bangs on top of her head digging into her arms.

"Well stop coming late. Then you wouldn't have to buy Anko-sensei dango every time." Roku advised calmly as he watched the blond bury her face even further into her arms. The mentioned Jounin had just departed a couple minutes ago, leaving a bill for Kyoko, who had shown up late earlier that morning.

Itsuya ate his piece of dango contently.

"It's amazing how much of the stuff she eats. Don't girls usually worry about losing their figures or something like that? With the way she eats, I'm surprised she still has one." He remarked as he chewed.

Roku scowled and kicked the 10-year-old underneath the table, making him cry out. They glared at each other, Kyoko ignoring what was now becoming normal behaviour to her.

Grudgingly, she excused herself and paid for the dango, emptying her wallet of it's contents as she did so. She returned to the table to find her two male teammates bickering over something trivial. They looked like complete opposites. Itsuya was small, tan, and dressed in a bulky camouflage jacket, white t-shirt, gloves and black pants. Roku was tall, pale, and dressed like a samurai, his wide violet pants looking utterly disproportioned with the fact that his top was a series of bandages wound around his torso.

"Well I'm going to go on ahead. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Roku raised a hand to show he heard her and she left the store, slipping her empty wallet back into her pocket.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarutobi looked out at the ninjas standing in front of him, the faces watching him with varying expressions. Deciding to get to business, he cleared his throat and laced his fingers on his desk's surface.

"I pressume you all know what is coming up."

A few heads bobbed while looks of confusion flitted across others.

"Konoha has been chosen to host the Chuunin Exams and they will be held in two months. The reason I'm telling you this now is so you can start training your teams if you believe they have the potential in entering the exams."

Whispering and muttering broke out but Sarutobi held up a hand as a few mouth's began to open to readily comment. One being Maito Gai.

"I don't want to hear anything right now. I'll gather you all again in a month and a half to hear your decisions, but until then I expect you to train your students well."

"Yosh! I will do so!" Gai proclaimed, grinning broadly. He already knew his students were ready for this. Kakashi nodded lazily to himself, Asuma merely sighing and pulling his cigarette from his mouth.

Kurenai bit her lip.