TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bonds of Blood by animeroxsmyworld

[Reviews - 35]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto

Authoress Note: Man fight scenes really take a lot out of me. I can always envision them and don’t worry, my story will have them…I just always seem to take forever to write them.

Oh and at the bottom when Naruto says sister in Japanese…even though they’re twins, in Japan it still has to be distinguished between older or younger, it can’t just be sister. I figure that if Naruto ever refers to Kyoko as sister, he’ll call her little sister. I don’t know why, his protectiveness just makes him seem like the older one.

Anyway, here’s the chapter.
~*~

Bonds of Blood

By: Animeroxsmyworld

Chapter 21: Team 7 vs. The Iwa Nins

~*~

Sasuke caught the movement from the corner of his eye, Sakura’s warning ringing in his ears like an alarm. He sprang backwards, quickly ducking when he got his footing again, the tanto blade sweeping over his head.

Haru landed without a sound, turning on his ankle and continuing to swing, the blade singing as it cut through the air. Sakura pulled up short, two feet from the fighting, watching as Sasuke lowered onto his haunches, attempting to sweep the elderly man’s feet from under him.

Haru leapt over the move only to go careening backwards when the bottom of a foot crashed into his face with a ‘crunch’. Stars flashed in front of his eyes, Haru regaining himself in time to stick his hand out and sprang himself up to his feet, preventing his head from cracking open on the ground.

He landed inches from where the ever growing fire was continuing to spread throughout the forest, the flames still licking at the tree trunk from before.

Naruto filled the space in front of Sasuke, the Uchiha shooting him a glare for interfering.

“Kage Bunshin no Jutsu.” Naruto said as four more of him poofed into existence. In unison, they let out a cry as all them ran toward Haru, all beginning to do different attacks.

Haru spun out of the way of the punch aimed for his chest, his blade cutting through the clone as he spun, Haru ducking down low and striking with the tanto through another clone’s chest on his way up. Smoke filled the area as one by one, the clones began to disappear.

Haru suddenly jerked when the swing of his tanto was halted, making him crane his neck back. The blade was held in Naruto’s two hands, blood dripping through the Genin’s knuckles as he gripped the weapon, his eyes flashing with determination. Obviously this one wasn’t a clone.

Haru momentarily wondered if the kid was insane. He had just slashed his palms open in order to stop his attack.

He opened his mouth to comment when Naruto grunted, yanking the weapon with such force that Haru was unbalanced.

“Sakura-chan! Hold onto this!” Naruto yelled out as he flipped away from the Iwa Nin, hurling the weapon towards the ground where the Haruno resided. It embedded into the still muddy ground, Sakura flinching as it landed centimetres from her shoe, before she numbly followed his orders, picking it up from the handle and holding it as her own weapon.

“Why you little…!” Haru growled viciously. He glanced past one of the kids for a second, seeing Yuki still fighting the silver haired Jounin. It took him a second to realize that Yuki’s eyes were visible, the lenses of his goggles glittering like shattered jewels on the ground.

Shurinken aimed for his head brought his attention back, Haru ducking underneath them before bringing his arm up, blocking the in air kick Sasuke had aimed for his face. Sasuke pushed off, flipping backwards and landing in a crouched position, only to spring up with punches aimed for Haru’s face. Haru blocked, sweeping his leg up for the Uchiha’s face, Sasuke jumping back to avoid it, before Haru flipped back and used chakra to attach himself to a tree that wasn’t on fire.

With a sweep of his arm, senbons shot out, glinting for a second before becoming seemingly invisible with the speed they were going.

“Gah!”

“Sasuke-kun!” Sakura cried as Sasuke grabbed his left shoulder, two senbon sticking out from the top of the mentioned body part. He grabbed the tiny needles, yanking them out of his shoulder.

“That’ll slow you down.” Haru sneered from his position on the tree. As if on queue Sasuke’s arm began to go numb, tingling down from his shoulder to the tips of his finger.

“Ah.” Sasuke mumbled with surprise, blinking as his arm fell limp at his side like a dead weight.

“These senbons I use are coated with poison. It’ll spread throughout your body before killing you.” Haru jeered.

“Why you…!” Naruto growled as he made more clones, running towards the man. Haru leapt across the surface of the tree, sending more senbons their way as he darted to another tree like a monkey, the senbons finding their targets, making the clones disappear in a thing of smoke.

The real Naruto made a last minute decision as he dove for the ground, rolling underneath the senbon aimed for his chest, and skidding across the mud.

“Don’t you think you should be doing something?”

Sakura blinked, startled at the question. She turned to see Pakkun at her side, the dog watching the ongoing fight with unwavering attention, though his ears kept twitching to the fight going on not far away from them, Yuki and Kakashi still going at it.

“Well…yeah…” Sakura admitted softly as she gazed out at her two teammates. Sasuke began panting, sweat rolling down his face while Naruto made another mad lunge at the man in the tree, the orange clad male surprisingly still managing to go untouched by the senbons. “But what can I do?” Sakura asked.

Pakkun only frowned. Then his nose twitched. Sakura paid no attention as he began sniffing the air before his face contorted into one of realization.

As Naruto came skidding nearby, Pakkun went bounding near his ankles.

“Hey.” Pakkun called out wearily as he bounded over to Naruto, the blond just barely glancing at him from the corner of his eye.

“The scent keeps going.” Pakkun informed, his big brown eyes glancing about the area though he kept his face directed towards Naruto. Naruto stopped before turning and just starring at him for a second before what he said seemed to sink into his skull.

“What?!” He yelped. That meant Kyoko wasn’t in the area with them! “Where is she? Where is Kyoko going?” Naruto yelled as he reached down and grabbed Pakkun around the scruff of his blue vest, earning many disgruntled words from the pug.

“She keeps going North. Another scent is with her.” Pakkun informed. Naruto faced Sasuke who had sent another bout of flames at his opponent, a sheen of sweat rolling down his cheek. It had taken some effort to send those flames, Sasuke having to force his useless hand to make the hand signs.

“Sasuke! Pakkun says Kyoko is still farther North!” Naruto yelled over the crackling of the flames, Sasuke keeping his gaze locked on the figure that shot out of the flames and into a tree branch.

“Well then go!” Sasuke instructed with a growl, not even looking back at the orange clad male. “I’ve got this.”

“What?”

“Go!” Sasuke hissed between his teeth, cradling his useless arm. It was completely numb and if it wasn’t for the fact Sasuke could see it swinging from his side, he never would’ve known he had an arm in the first place.

“But--” Naruto started as he looked Sasuke over, the brunette jumping out of the way of three senbons, grabbing onto a branch with his good arm and flipping himself upright. The Uchiha was panting, the poison beginning to slowly work its way through his system.

“I said I got this!” Sasuke snarled at the blond. ‘Hurry and get her!’ His thoughts had wanted to say instead.

Naruto opened his mouth to say something before he closed it. His lips pressed together tightly into a thin line as he drew himself up, as if resigning himself from the fight. He turned his head, blue eyes landing on the pug by his feet.

Pakkun nodded before running into the forest, Naruto following after him.

With Naruto gone, Sasuke returned his attention to the elderly man. His vision was blurring at the corners, and each time the man was throwing the senbons, it was getting harder and harder to dodge.

Damn!

Sakura gulped as she saw Sasuke face against Haru alone. Naruto was gone now and even from where she was standing, she could see he looked worn down. Whether from pure exhaustion or the poison, she couldn’t tell.

‘What do I do? What do I do? I need to do something!!’ Sakura screamed at herself, her grip on the foreign tanto blade in her hands tightening until her knuckles turned white.

There was a gurgle of a cry as Sasuke crashed to the ground onto his hand and knees, a senbon sticking out of the thigh of his right leg. With only two functioning limbs, he looked rather distressed and Sakura felt her need to do something soar.

Haru landed with a loud ‘thud’ in front of the Uchiha, the elder looking him over with a sneer as Sasuke panted for breath, struggling to look Haru in the face, though his gaze was still as defiant as ever. He couldn’t die here, not if he was going to kill Itachi and avenge his clan.

“Well, well.” Haru mused. “This almost seems too easy.”

‘DO SOMETHING!’ Sakura yelled at herself.

Haru moved his hand back before jerking, hopping out of the way as two shurinken whizzed past his head. Blinking, he turned his head before he was forced to jump back some more as two more shurinkens headed towards him as Sakura came running forward.

She skidded to a stop in front of Sasuke, mud sloshing from the movement. She looked pale, but bit her bottom lip as she held Haru’s former tanto blade up in front of herself.

“…Sak…ura…” Sasuke panted as she filled his blurry field of vision.

“I forgot about you.” Haru grumbled as he ran a hand over his head. How annoying this was all turning out to be. He still knew how to fight, but he was old and he was starting to get tired.

If he finished this quickly, he could still have some energy left over for when he went and killed Iki. Haru made the snake hand sign before he pounded his knuckles together. Sakura’s eyes widened as his muscles began to spasm, Haru’s teeth gritting together as a vein in his throat bulged.

“Ninpou: Kinniku Shuudan (Ninja Art: Muscle Mass)!”

His muscles began to contort before they all began to grow, his shirt ripping to shreds as he grew in size, his arms growing in thickness as his muscles bulged, the veins stretching across them as the muscle tissue struggled to stay underneath the skin.

The man who had been no taller then Sakura a moment ago, now stood an extra head over her, the elderly man looking like he could crush a mountain in one punch if he so much as touched it.

Sakura could hear her heart hammering, thundering, in her chest, her palms sweaty as her grip on the blade trembled.

Then he moved.

He came running towards her, one hand back in a fist as the ground shook beneath each humongous step. Adrenaline overriding her brain, Sakura didn’t realize what she was doing as she ran forward, screaming with the tanto blade aimed forward to swing, going to meet him.

Pain shot through the under side of her face, shooting to her brain as his fist hit the bottom of her chin. There was a loud, audible ’crack’ of her jaw fracturing. The pinkette lifted of the ground and was sent flying, the blade falling from her grip and clattering inches from Sasuke’s weakened form.

She landed in a heap within reaching distance of the Uchiha, Haru heaving his way over to her. Blood trailed from her mouth, a bloodied tooth lying on the ground near her face. Grabbing the front of her dress, he hefted her upright, making her just barely support herself on the tips of her toes.

“Sak…ura!” Sasuke called out weakly from behind her, the Uchiha almost completely hidden by her body.

Her eyes were wildly unfocused, probably due to a concussion she most surely had. Grabbing a kunai from his weapons pouch, Haru spun it around his finger once before grasping it and pressing it against her throat.

“Goodnight.”

The sound of metal tearing through flesh filled the air, the gurgling cry of death accompanying it.

~*~

Kyoko felt nauseous as she came to. It took her a second to realize that she was being jostled, her mind registering this information slowly. Her eyelids felt heavy, the blond struggling to open them, the faint sound of a stream bubbling nearby reaching her as well.

What had happened to her? What was going on? Why did she feel so awful?

The sunlight that poured down on her disoriented her for several seconds, her head pounding in disapproval before she squinted, things beginning to take shape.

Her heart screamed at her in alarm as a strange man filled her field of vision. It took all of her willpower to not scream in surprise, forcing herself to stay completely still in his arms. The man seemed too intent on what he was doing, leaping through the trees, his gaze fixated in front of him.

Knowing she had to get away from him, Kyoko swung her left arm back before striking upwards with all the force she could muster. Iki’s eye widened at the movement in his peripheral vision before pain erupted in his cheek and nose.

Dazed in mid air, Iki began to fall, his grip on the Namikaze failing. She twisted out of his hands as she felt his grip loosen, her gymnastics taking over and making her landing more graceful then the man she had just socked in the face.

She didn’t notice the small, orange frog near the base of a tree, intelligent eyes of a summon watching her before it disappeared in the smallest cloud of smoke.

“Fuck! Bitch!” He cussed as he got to his feet, his once white bandages now tarnished with patches of dirt.

“What’s going on?“ Kyoko asked, her voice much more demanding and shrill then she felt.

Iki rubbed his cheek as he glared at her. “It’s called kidnapping.” He spat venomously. Shit! She wasn’t supposed to wake up until he was safely in Iwa and had her tied up somewhere.

“Kidnapping?” She repeated in shock. How far was she from Konoha? Why was she being kidnapped? How long had she been out of it?

“Yes, kidnapping!” Iki mocked. “Ever heard of it? It’s where I take you by force and use you as a hostage until I get what I want.” He ground out. “Now you weren’t supposed to wake up yet…” He trailed off, letting his sentence hang.

His hands began working into a series of hand signs, Kyoko leaping backwards to distance herself from the bandaged man, falling instinctively into the fighting stance that had been drilled into her since the first year at the Academy.

“Suiton: Genkotsu Sumasshu. (Water Element: Fist Smash)”

From the area that Kyoko assumed the stream resided, water gurgled as it surged upwards, shaping itself into an enormous fist. The water appendage came crashing down, Kyoko flipping to try and dodge it.

It crashed into the ground, breaking into a tirade of waves that lapped at Kyoko’s arms as she launched into the air, Kyoko reaching into her weapons pouch mid air. Kyoko hooked a finger into a shurinken, twisting her body as she let it sail towards Iki as she neared the ground.

There was a clang as Iki unsheathed his katana, knocking aside the star shaped weapon as it whizzed towards him. As Kyoko landed, water sloshing around her ankles, Iki raced forward.

Kyoko dodged the violent swing of the katana, Iki pulling it back and swinging his body around, Kyoko rolling underneath the roundhouse kick to her head. Springing upright, Kyoko aimed a punch, the blow catching him in the ribs.

Making to leap away to distance herself from him before he could attack, Kyoko let out a shout as her right pigtail was suddenly yanked, pulling her in front of him. A knee rammed into her stomach, spit flying from her mouth as she gasped, air rushing from her lungs.

In one fluid motion, Iki let her go, before turning swiftly and kicking, his heel catching her in the temple. She rolled through the slowly decreasing water with a series of splashes, stopping and staggering to her feet. Kyoko bit her bottom lip as her brain tried to think of a strategy.

She was a Genin facing someone who was…probably Jounin level. How would she beat him? Could she even beat him? She only knew Academy level jutsu!

‘Well I have to try.’ Her mind reminded, Kyoko nodding to herself wearily.

Iki faced her as she made a simple hand sign. “Bunshin no Jutsu.” She said as two more of her appeared next to her in a cloud of smoke.

“Aw c’mon! That’s such a simple trick!” Iki complained, though a smug smirk was pulling at his face. “All I have to do is look for the sh--”

All three Kyoko flipped back in unison, all landing in a tree branch so the splashes of water couldn’t give away their position and their lack of shadows didn’t matter, the tree compensating for that factor.

Iki scowled. “--adow.”

The Kyoko’s all began moving, jumping to different trees while rummaging through their weapons pouch, Iki trying to figure out which Kyoko to keep his eye trained on. Theirs hands were moving fast, making it near impossible to see what they were busy doing.

His eyes hardened before his lips pulled back in a satisfied sneer.

Only one of the Kyoko’s was making the branches shake when she landed on it.

“Found ya.” He muttered as he grinned, holding his katana with one hand before running towards where she would be after she finished jumping to the next tree. Kyoko cursed before pulling up short, twisting in the air and throwing six kunais at Iki, the two other Kyoko’s mimicking her movements perfectly, each throwing six kunais just like her.

What seemed like eighteen kunais were only six.

The kunais didn’t even graze him as they embedded in the ground, Iki barely glancing at them as he continued to advance next to her, the blond continuing to bounce to different tree branches out of his reach. Her aim must be horrible.

Only when she held up two fingers, eyes glinting, did Iki frown.

“Kai (Release)!” She yelled, Iki’s eye widening as he snapped around, gaze finding the kunais he had so readily dismissed. Attached to each end was an explosive tag, the ends of the tags slightly damp in the water that was slowly getting soaked into the soil.

The explosion echoed through the forest like the shot of a canon.

~*~

Drip

Drip

Drip

The small noise rang in Sakura’s ears as her eyes began to focus, her heart barely thudding in her chest as if afraid to make it‘s presence known. Her jaw was throbbing, the taste of blood trickling down her throat…but all of that was lost to her right now.

She shook as she looked down to see an arm that wasn’t hers, sticking through the space between her arm and her torso.

The hand connected to that arm was gripping the handle of the tanto blade, knuckles turning white from the amount of force it was using to hold it.

There wasn’t an inch of the blade visible, the weapon buried into Haru’s chest. Blood pooled around the wound, flowing freely and staining the front of his shirt. The hand sticking out from behind Sakura pulled the weapon out, blood spraying out towards the Haruno.

Sakura jerked in fright as the moist liquid struck her in the face, her eyes dilating. Haru crumpled over like a bag of sand, eyes rolling back into his head as he flopped backwards, lying on the ground.

‘Oh God. Oh God! OH GOD!’ Sakura screeched in her head, despite the severe pounding of her cranium. She felt sick. She had just seen someone die. Actually die! In front of her!

Sakura’s stomach churned, the kunoichi feeling light headed as she just starred at the lifeless body. All she could hear was the pounding of her own heart, seemingly between her ears, making her head throb much more so.

She was going to be sick. Lord she was going to be sick!

Then another sound penetrated her ears, pulling her back to herself for a moment.

Laboured…ragged breathing. Coming from directly behind her. She was almost frightened to turn around until her brain kicked into it’s higher function.

There was only one person who had been behind her at the time.

“Sa…kura…”

“Sasuke-kun!” She gasped as she whirled around, immediately regretting the action as she yelped in pain, the world spinning around her as pain shot through her jaw, all the way to her cranium.

Sasuke was still in his deformed kneeling position, his good hand holding onto the tanto blade as he struggled for air, looking more pale than normal. What caught Sakura’s attention were his eyes.

They weren’t his natural dark onyx. They were crimson, a single black tamoe contrasting to the red.

Anyone who knew of the Uchiha clan knew of the Sharingan.

“Sasuke-kun…your eyes!” Sakura exclaimed, ignoring the taste of blood in her mouth as she talked. Sasuke only starred at her, uncomprehending in his state, before blinking, his eyes returning to his normal color.

He shook and Sakura knelt down, hauling him up and letting him lean on her for support. He needed a medic. The poison must’ve spread through most of his body by now!

“Kakashi-sensei! Kakashi-sensei!” Sakura cried out as she turned to where she had last seen him, Sasuke like a dead weight against her side, barely able to support himself. His head was beginning to loll against his shoulders, his eyes barely open.

It took her a second to realize that Kakashi was still fighting as well. His opponent though, was a lot worse for wear then theirs had been…in appearance anyways. His opponent wasn’t dead.

Yuki had several kunai sticking from him, two from his left shoulder, one from the other shoulder, one from his thigh, his cloak stained with red. His goggles had the lenses shattered, leaving the frames with jagged pieces of the glass still in at places.

Kakashi was favouring his left leg and his flak jacket had a rather impressive cut running along the front of it, but it didn’t seem too deep.

Kakashi was faring well in the battle.

“What…is it…Sakura…?” Kakashi panted as he wiped away some blood from a cut on his cheek, having cut through his mask. Yuki’s hands were going through hand signs, the Iwa Nin sparring time to glance over past the Genins that were beckoning his opponent.

Yuki paused.

Haru’s dead body was starring up at the partially cloudy sky above, blood pooling around him. Dead. Yuki’s eyes found the Genins and he felt a prick of anger and regret hit him. But if someone had asked him why he wasn’t more upset by his comrade’s death, he would’ve replied that Haru had just been a companion that he had grouped with for this revenge mission against Minato.

He didn’t even know much about the guy himself.

But now…there was only him and Iki. And Iki was the only huge motive behind this mission in the first place. People may see his next move as a coward’s move, but Yuki was never one to be stupid in battle.

“Sasuke-kun needs a hospital!” She pleaded, knowing that if Kakashi took him, he could just teleport him and be there in seconds. Kakashi, who had been watching Yuki, dared to turn his head and look at his students.

“He got poisoned and I don’t think he’ll last much longer.” Sakura begged, eyes shimmering with unshed tears, that if Sasuke was more conscious, probably would’ve scoffed at. “Please!”

“I--” Kakashi started before smoke cut him off, the silver haired Jounin jerking his head back in the direction of Yuki, kunai held out in front of him as he waited for whatever attack Yuki was about to unleash. He blinked when the smoke disappeared and Yuki was nowhere to be seen.

Still tense, Kakashi looked around wildly with his sharingan, checking for any sign of the man’s chakra. After a moment, the Copy Nin relaxed, the kunai falling to his side.

“Ah…he vanished.”

“Kakashi-sensei!” Sakura continued, her voice taking on a whole other tone of urgency. He turned to her and quickly pocketed his kunai, taking Sasuke from her before she could open her mouth again. When he looked back up, his sharingan could see Naruto’s and Pakkun’s chakra receding in the distance, just slipping out of his range as he began to make his one handed, hand sign.

Sakura grabbed onto his wrist as he was engulfed in smoke, the three disappearing the very next minute.

~*~

Iki coughed as he tried to leap out of the plume of smoke, his free hand holding his side. He had tried to avoid the explosion as much as possible, the ground below now severely uneven, littered with debris of what it had formerly been, but his side had still managed to get hurt.

‘Shit, I think I broke a rib or two.’ He growled as he held his side, the bandages over that side of his torso having been blown away in the explosion. “That little…!” He seethed as he twirled around maniacally, trying vainly to see through the smoke that was still hanging in the air.

His ears perked up as water sloshed, turning and squinting to his right. A shadow was running through the smoke before Kyoko suddenly emerged from the smoke, already in the air with her leg sweeping through the it in a powerful kick, two other Kyoko’s mimicking her on either side of Iki.

He ducked, eyes fixated on the Kyoko directly in front of him, the one that had cast the shadow, while the other Kyoko’s merely phased through him. Landing, Kyoko aimed a two punch combo for his chest, grunting in surprise as Iki caught one of her arms in his elbow and practically dragged her close to his chest. Brining his katana back with his other hand, he smoked her in the forehead with the butt end of the hilt, Kyoko feeling like her skull was being cracked open.

Around her, her clones disappeared in a wave of smoke.

Dazed, Kyoko made a drastic attempt to get away, taking her free hand and digging it into his bloody, injured side. She could feel the ooze of blood as she flexed her nails into the wound.

“AAHHH!” Iki screeched, shoving her away violently. She stumbled away and Iki felt a new kind of anger swell inside of him. His teeth gnashed together as a low growl vibrated through his chest.

‘Can’t kill her. Can’t kill her. Can’t kill her.’ He muttered like a mantra in his head. But he could still hurt her more then necessary. A malicious smile crawled over his features.

With a flick of his wrist, he flipped the blade of his katana over before, too quick for her too see, he swung and rammed the unsharpened edge into her abdomen, the force sending her flying. Her body seemed to clear a passage through the smoke briefly.

Her spine hit a tree trunk, Kyoko rebounding off the bark for a second, arching against it. Not giving her time to retaliate, Iki made some hand signs. He focused his chakra into the move, remembering not to kill her.

He needed her for money. This had always been about the money.

“Ninpou Kamaitachi (Sickling Winds)!”

Sickles made of chakra encased wind slashed across the field, the smoke disappearing and rising high into the air. The sickles sliced across her, blood spraying into the air as Kyoko fell forward onto her hands and knees, blood trickling from the various nicks on her arms, shoulders, and legs. She wiped at two cuts on her right cheek, finally getting her breath back as she panted, finally feeling the exhaustion of the battle.

Iki began walking forward and Kyoko raised her gaze to see him. If she could just catch him off guard…

She shook her head tiredly before her hands wearily made hand signs of her own, Iki pausing for a second. What was she doing?

He sneered. Was she still planning to fight him? She really didn’t give up did she? He would have to almost kill her before dragging her back to Iwa.

Kyoko’s words were whispered and Iki strained to hear them, not even catching them then. “Jinkouteki Zetsumei no Jutsu.”

“What was that? Speak up!” He called out mockingly.

She fell to the ground completely limp, the ground rising to meet her face. For several seconds she remained unmoving, Iki finally trudging close to her. With his katana, he flipped her over and froze.

He knew these eyes. He knew them well. He couldn’t mistake them and no one could ever fake them.

They were the eyes of the dead.

He blinked once…twice…before his anger spiked.

“YOU DID A FUCKING SUICIDE JUTSU?!!” He accused.

~*~

“Smoke?”

Pakkun sniffed the air before nodding his head at the blond boy’s question. “Yeah. There was an explosion not too long ago, but I guess with your hearing only that of a human’s, you didn’t hear it.” The pug pointed out, shaking his head as Naruto shot a scowl at the dog.

Naruto just pushed a bush out of his path, not noticing that the cuts across his palms had already healed, vanishing as if they had never been there to begin with. They kept moving before Pakkun’s demeanour suddenly changed, the pug slowing to match Naruto’s pace.

“They’re just up ahead.” He informed, his words hushed. Those words only spurred Naruto on, making him pick up his pace as he spotted the area with the smoke rising from it just feet in front of him. Pakkun jumped up onto a branch in a nearby tree, knowing he would be no help in battle, which is how things would most likely turn out to be.

Naruto crashed into the scene with all the subtleness of an enormous pink elephant. He didn’t even fumbled to find his footing on the wildly uneven ground. Letting his eyes sweep over the scene he tensed as his eyes locked with a single green one.

“So someone got past Haru and Yuki.” The man muttered as he stepped towards Naruto. Sunlight caught the man’s katana, the reflected light shining in Naruto’s face, blinding the Genin briefly.

When his vision returned to him, Naruto had to force down the series of swears as his teeth grit together. Iki’s other hand was fisted in one of Kyoko’s pigtails, forcing her torso off the ground. Her body was limp and blood was trickling from various cuts.

“So…” Iki said, letting Kyoko’s pigtail go, her body hitting the ground with a ‘smack’. Naruto growled at the motion, the noise resounding deep inside him. Iki opened his mouth to continue before he blinked and his eye widened a fraction.

“Oh my--” He started before a grin split across his face. “You look just like him!” He hollered, eye dancing. “Namikaze Minato! I didn’t see it for a second but my word!” Iki ranted like an excited child. Just think of the money he could make if he showed this kid to Iwa? There was no way this boy couldn’t be related to the Yellow Flash of Konoha.

“Let. My. Imouto. Go.”

Iki blinked before he laughed, the sound echoing back through the trees.

“Aw man!” He wheezed as he starred into Naruto’s fierce gaze. “I hit the jackpot.”

~*~