TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Bonds of Blood by animeroxsmyworld

[Reviews - 35]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto
~*~

Bonds of Blood

By: Animeroxsmyworld

Chapter 11: A Place to Rest

~*~

The two boys looked at the group of drunks who blinked, taking notice mainly of the blond boy. The famed demon child.

“Run!” Naruto hissed as some people began staggering forward, slurring words badly as they made some vague gestures towards the two.

In unison, Sasuke and Naruto turned and sprinted out of the district, Sasuke falling behind the blond who knew the Village like the back of his hand. Naruto wove between alley, scrambling over fences, and turning corners sharply.

At the sounds of footsteps on his tail, Naruto looked over his shoulder, afraid that some of the drunks might have caught up to him. Or they may not have been as drunk as they had let on, like so many times before.

He relaxed when he realized it was just Sasuke.

The Uchiha followed the Uzumaki all the way to Naruto’s apartment, that being the only time the blond stopped running. Panting for breath, Naruto opened the door to the small apartment and the two boys went inside, Naruto locking the door behind him.

“What was that about?” Sasuke managed to ask as he controlled his breathing, sitting down on Naruto’s worn out couch, sidestepping the clothes that were littering the ground. There were clothes here and there and peering into the small kitchen, dishes cluttered the counter and stacked high in the sink.

“That’s…normal…” Naruto panted back, still catching his breath. Sasuke shot him a look of disbelief, but otherwise said nothing as the couch creaked underneath him. His breathing returned to normal while Naruto’s body still struggled, disoriented from going to sitting on the ground to flat out running.

“Is not.” Sasuke grumbled under his breath. That run had actually made him exhausted again and he was fighting to keep his eyes open.

Naruto’s apartment, although it was cluttered, small, and messy, was more like home then his apartment was. A person actually lived here, called this place home.

The pain in his chest from losing his family lessened, as if his soul recognized that there was another soul nearby. That he wasn’t alone.

Sasuke’s eyes drooped as exhaustion engulfed him, and he gave in, letting it overpower him.

“We just need to avoid that area. They don’t like me that mu—“ Naruto started, as he slipped his shoes off before blinking in surprise.

Sasuke had his head pushed into the crook of the couch cushion, slumped in the corner of Naruto’s couch in an upright position. He was asleep, one foot on the couch with the other dangling over the edge, his hands lying loosely at his sides.

“Uh…Sasuke?” Naruto called out softly as he crept closer to his current companion. “Sasuke?” He called again, the boy not moving. Naruto frowned, looking around.

What should he do? He couldn’t just wake him up.

Naruto just continued to stare at the Uchiha for a few seconds before walking into his room, returning in a second with a blanket in his hand. Clumsily, he threw the blanket over the other boy, Sasuke’s foot still dangling from beneath the extra blanket.

Naruto held his breath when Sasuke grumbled and stirred, but Sasuke slept on and Naruto just went back to his room, unused to having company in his apartment at night.

~*~

The smell of food cooking brought Sasuke around, making his eyes crack open. He blinked sleepily, his vision trying to adjust to the unfamiliar scenery around him.

“Okaa-san?” He asked instinctively as he sat up straighter, wiping at his eyes. He hadn’t dreamt at all, but he felt recharged. One of the better sleeps he had had in a while. How long had he been asleep? Was his mom making breakfast?

“Uh…no…sorry…” A voice replied sheepishly, Sasuke’s head jerking around at the response.

Naruto was standing on a small stool in the kitchen, clumsily making some instant ramen. Sasuke barely registered in the back of his mind that it was two cups, one for Naruto and one for him.

“…Naruto?” Sasuke asked as he frowned in mild confusion. When did he get to Naruto’s house?

The blond waved a pair of chopsticks in Sasuke’s direction as a way of greeting as he watched the noodles cook. The Uchiha got off the couch, putting the blanket on the armrest as he walked over into the kitchen corner.

Disappointment filled him as he entered the small kitchen. He had honestly though it had been his mother making breakfast.

“What am I doing here?” Sasuke asked bluntly as he sat on the only chair in the kitchen. Naruto ignored him for a second as he judged the ramen was now ready and grabbed another pair of chopsticks for Sasuke.

“You fell asleep on the couch.” Naruto replied as he passed a cup to Sasuke who just realized that he was hungry as the smell of food entered his nose. “You know, after we ran from the drunks last night.” Naruto continued, setting his ramen on the table as he looked for a stool to sit on seeing how Sasuke was on the only chair.

Sasuke made a small noise of acknowledgment as the memories resurfaced in his head. So that was why he was here.

As Naruto returned with the same stool he had been standing on to get to the top of the counter, Sasuke pondered whether he should point out that ramen is not something that one usually eats for breakfast.

He was pulled out of his thoughts as a loud slurping sound next to him made him jerk.

“Geez. I forgot how loud you eat.” Sasuke grumbled in disdain as he saw Naruto inhaling his noodles. Was he even moving his chopsticks? It looked like it was all just flying into his mouth.

Not to mention he sounded just like a vacuum cleaner.

“I’mphf nof loufph.” Naruto argued, words muffled by the noodles in his mouth.

“What?”

Naruto slurped up the noodles, gulping down what was in his mouth.

“I’m not loud.” Naruto repeated with a frown, wiping away some of the broth that had splattered onto his cheeks. Sasuke continue to reprimand Naruto’s lack of manners, leading them into an argument as they continued eating their breakfast.

A sense of ease fell onto the raven haired boy as he continued to argue with the blond. He hadn’t shared breakfast with someone in days…like how he used to.

It felt…nice. Almost.

~*~

Kyoko walked out of her room, putting her hair up in pigtails as she went. It had been two days since Ino and Sakura had started getting worried about Sasuke’s disappearance, making it six days in total now that he’s been gone.

The two girls were starting to get really worried now, and had finally bugged her to death about checking up on him. She was the only one who knew where he lived.

Hari was out shopping for groceries, and would probably be back later. She would just have to make sure she was back before he was.

She took a step and froze as barking suddenly erupted behind her. Fearfully, she turned around to witness Fuji come whizzing around the corner, having been lying in the living room.

“AH! FUJI! NO!” Kyoko shrieked as she tried to jump away from the dog who was delighted at the prospect of going out on a walk. Kyoko tried to sidestep around him, flinching away from him when he got too close, but he was making it hard.

He was starting to get a little bigger, making it harder to outmanoeuvre him.

Especially with him dancing around her feet.

He continued to bark happily, oblivious to her distress as he backed her into the corner, Kyoko’s back pressed to the wall. She looked about ready to try and climb it backwards if she could.

“AHHHH! NO! No! Bad dog” Kyoko cried as Fuji jumped up at her legs.

This was it! She was going to die!

She wrenched her eyes closed, waiting for him to start biting at her. To rip her clothes, his teeth to sink into her skin and make her bleed. Pain and brutal death were eminent.

She waited with baited breath, teeth grit together.

She waited for a good two minutes, the barking stopping after a minute and a weight settling itself on her feet.

“F-F-Fuji?” Kyoko stuttered as she slowly opened one eye. The puppy was seated on her feet, his tail repeatedly hitting his back paw as he starred up at her.

Why wasn’t he attacking her?

Her other eyed open as she just starred at the black dog, her heart beating wildly in her chest. She couldn’t move her feet, thanks to a certain canine seated on her feet, so she was rooted to the spot.

Forced to stare one of her fears straight in the face.

She gulped, as her fingers twitched, itching to do something. Her heart felt like it was ready to crack one of her ribs with how hard it was pounding.

“Uh…” She stammered, wanting nothing more then to get the dog away from her. What was it that Hari always said to get him to leave?

“Fuji…go to bed.” She squeaked, voice cracking comically.

She jumped as Fuji whimpered, ears drooping. He raised himself off her feet, Kyoko just starring in a mix of fear, shock, and relief, as Fuji disappeared down the hall and into the living room where his bed resided.

She was amazed that he had actually listened to her.

Now released and able to move again, she scrambled out the front door, slamming it behind her. She put a hand to her chest, exhaling deeply as she calmed herself.

She regained herself, straightening up as she remembered why it was she was heading out. She needed to check up on Sasuke.

A part of her was a tad worry to tell the truth, but not as bad as Sakura and Ino.

“I’ll just drop by and see what’s going on.” Kyoko told herself as she walked down the street, the way to the Uchiha compound still in her head. The streets were more crowded then usual since it was the weekend, meaning that people would have weekends off of work. That gave them the opportunity to shop in the marketplace.

Which she unfortunately had to pass through to get to the compound.

She squeezed through the crowds, apologizing as she bumped into a few people here and there.

“Kyoko! Kyoko! Hey!” A voice called, the blond looking around in confusion, stopping in the middle of the street. Her eyes landed on a familiar platinum blond that was standing in front of a flower shop, waving at her.

“Oh, hey.” Kyoko waved back, making her way over to Ino. The Yamanaka was wearing a pastel yellow apron that looked too large for her, and her chin length hair was held back with a purple head band.

“Look, look, I’m helping my mom with the shop.” Ino proclaimed proudly, placing one hand on her hip and puffing out her chest. The words, Yamanaka Flower Shop, were printed clearly across the top of the apron.

“Wow, you guys own this place?” Kyoko asked, looking past Ino and into the shop. A bevy of colourful flowers met her eyes, Kyoko thinking the store looked beautiful.

“Yup!” Ino nodded happily, adjusting her grip on the bouquet in her other hand. “So where are you going?” She asked, her question drawing Kyoko’s attention back to her.

“Oh, I’m going to check up on Sasuke.” Kyoko explained, Ino snapping up straighter.

“Oh my gosh, really?” the other female breathed. Kyoko nodded and Ino frowned. “Darn! I’m helping my mom with the store! I can’t go!” Ino complained, shoulder’s slumping.

“Don’t worry, I’ll let you know.” Kyoko reassured, waving her hand at the other girl.

“Thanks Kyoko.” Ino replied with a small smile. Kyoko nodded before the two bid farewell and Kyoko continued on her way to Sasuke’s.

After going down a few more streets, Kyoko soon began to recognize the streets that led to the Uchiha compound.

Less and less people began to appear on the streets like usual, assuring Kyoko that she was on the right track.

She turned another corner and her eyebrows shot up into her bangs as her face twisted into one of confusion.

Yellow tape sectioned off the entrance of the compound.

“What the…?” She murmured to herself as she walked closer to the tape, reaching a hand out and touching the smooth yellow material.

What was going on? Could she still go inside?

“Hello? Is anyone there?” She called out, leaning forward to peer into the compound. “Hello?” She tried, louder this time.

The place looked empty. A complete contrast to the last time she had been there.

“Sasuke?” She tried this time, ducking underneath the yellow tape and stepping into the compound.

Her senses flared alive as goosebumps rose on her arms.

She felt uneasy as she took a few steps into the compound, resting a hand on the concrete walls that surrounded it.

She saw a splash of dried, cracked blood staining the walls in the distance and she gasped, a hand flying to her mouth.

Without thinking, she ran into the streets, cracks aligning the walls.

There was so much blood. Staining the walls, the ground, the sides of the houses. Broken houses, with shattered windows and missing doors. Glass was sprayed across the ground as if it was liquid.

Kyoko didn’t get very far.

She was frightened and her senses were telling her to get out.

Something terrible had happened.

‘So then…what happened to Sasuke?’ Kyoko thought absently, her eyes widening as that thought registered in her head. Where was Sasuke? He had been gone for six days.

“Is he…he can’t be…” She whispered to herself, pressing a hand firmly to her mouth, taking a step back from the bloodied street. Grief flowed into her, clawing at her sides. “Dead…?”

~*~

“Sasuke?” Naruto mumbled sleepily, walking out of his room. “What’re you doing here?” He yawned as he stumbled into the kitchen, his pyjamas too big for him and making him almost trip.

The Uchiha was standing in the kitchen, scowling at the ramen cups that he was cooking.

“Is ramen the only food you have here?” He asked emotionlessly, eyes not leaving the food. Also, unintentionally ignoring Naruto’s question.

Sasuke hadn’t been able to sleep last night, in his crappy apartment. With the creaking noises, and the bare walls.

So he had walked to Naruto’s, walked in because Naruto had left the door unlocked, and had spent the night raiding Naruto’s house until he got tired and fell asleep on the couch.

He got better sleep here then he did in his actual bed.

“Ramen’s good!” Naruto defended, now awake from the comment.

“It’s not healthy.” Sasuke retorted as he grabbed the now ready cups.

“What do you know?” Naruto huffed, crossing his arms as he took up the chair, leaving the stool for Sasuke. He snatched his food from Sasuke, the Uchiha wrinkling his nose, but otherwise staying silent as Naruto slurped his food loudly.

That’s when something in the living room caught Naruto’s eye.

His spare blanket. The one he had got out last time Sasuke had come over. It was folded over the armrest of the couch.

He had put it in the closest.

Which meant…

“Did you sleep here?” Naruto asked, swallowing the noodles in his mouth to make him understandable. Sasuke paused for a second before continuing to eat, as if Naruto hadn’t even spoken. Naruto frowned at how unresponsive he was.

“Hey, I jus—“

“Yeah.” Sasuke cut in. “I couldn’t sleep in my apartment.” Sasuke elaborated after another second, still not pausing or looking up from his breakfast.

Naruto let this news sink in before he asked another question. “How’d you get in?”

At this, the smallest signs of a smirk appeared on Sasuke face. Something that hadn’t happened in days.

“You left the front door unlocked.”

~*~

“Come on Kyoko! You promised you would tell me!” Ino persisted angrily as she stood in front of the other blond female’s desk. One hand placed on her hip while the other was placed firmly on Kyoko’s desk.

Behind Ino was Sakura, a pout on her face. She wanted to know about Sasuke-kun too.

“Come on Kyoko. Please tell us!” Sakura tried. Ino growled in frustration as Kyoko only shook her head slowly, her face hidden as she starred down at her lap.

After her discovery at the Uchiha Compound, she had asked Hari what had happened to the Uchiha’s.

Massacred. Killed. The whole clan.

And Kyoko was miserable. She had cried when she first found out.

From the very corner of her eye, she could see Sasuke’s empty desk. It almost seemed to stare back at her.

Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as her stomach clenched. It hurt to look at the desk. Sasuke wasn’t a bad person. He didn’t deserve to die.

“Kyoko, you meanie!” Ino stomped, drawing Kyoko’s attention back to the matter at hand.

Just then, the classroom door opened and the two females questioning the Namikaze perked up.

“Sasuke-kun!” They beamed, many other girls in class doing the same as they all ran towards the Uchiha. Kyoko’s head snapped up with lightning speed.

The Uchiha glared as all the girls began to swarm him, the females halting in surprise at his change of demeanour. Sure he hadn’t actually greeted them warmly, but this was a change.

But he was there.

Shock filled Kyoko as she rose from her desk, her mouth opening and closing silently. He made his way through the crowd of people, walking towards his desk.

Relief washed over Kyoko and it took her a second to realize she was jogging towards him.

Sasuke turned at the approaching footsteps, turning just in time for two arms to wrap around him in a hug.

“Hey!” Half the females in the room cried out angrily.

It took Sasuke a fraction of a second to realize who was hugging him.

“Kyo—“

“You’re alive…” She breathed quietly so that only they could hear. Sasuke stiffened in her arms before slowly peeling her off. Her eyes were dewy with unshed tears that were forming at the corners of her eyes, threatening to spill over.

A small smile was fixed on her face though.

“Hey Kyoko, what’re you doing?” Ino asked as she came over, head cocked to the side. Kyoko’s back was to her and Kyoko quickly wiped her eyes with the back of her hand.

“Nothing.” Kyoko assured turning back to the other females.

They all shot her suspicious looks.

~*~

“How’d you find out?” Sasuke asked bluntly at recess.

The two were standing outside near the tree with the swing on it, other kids playing in the distance. Naruto was in the jungle gym a couple feet away, chatting and laughing obnoxiously as he played with Kiba, Chouji, and Shikamaru.

“I went to your house.” Kyoko started, Sasuke’s fingers twitching. “Ino and Sakura were worried about you and wanted me to see if you were ok.” She continued.

“There was blood and glass everywhere. I asked Hari-san and he told me that the Uchiha clan was killed.” She told quietly, clasping her hands together tightly.

She peeked up at him, Sasuke rigid, his hands balled into fists at his side.

“But…you’re alive. Maybe there are others who are alive.” Kyoko offered biting her bottom lip.

“No…” Sasuke ground out, shaking his head. He inhaled deeply, exhaling as he ran a hand across his face. “I’m the only one.”

Everything was still too fresh. He didn’t want to talk about it.

Kyoko nodded sadly, having no words of comfort for him. They stood in silence before Sasuke began walking away, Kyoko perking up.

“Where are you going?” She called out in concern.

“Training.” Was Sasuke’s one word reply.

~*~

The bell rang, signalling the end of classes. All the kids began packing up their things, Naruto just shoving his things messily into his hand-me-down pack.

“I’ll be back.” He said to Sasuke as he passed to boy who was still packing his stuff. He didn’t forget his promise to himself.

He was going to become friends with Kyoko again.

No matter how disastrous things got.

Sasuke just glanced as he passed by, watching from the corner of his eye as Naruto bounded over to where Kyoko was waiting for Sakura to finish packing her things.

Ino had already left, having to help her mother with the store.

He greeted the two energetically, Kyoko stiffening while Sakura just raised a brow at him. He talked to them before Sakura said something about them being in a rush and having to leave.

When he pestered them with questions, Sasuke could visibly see Sakura’s patience snap.

“YOU’RE ANNOYING!” Sakura yelled, planting a fist firmly in Naruto’s cheek with strength that no human could possess. Kyoko starred in surprise as Naruto went flying into the wall of the other side of the room.

Sakura just grunted, squaring her shoulders.

“Come on Kyoko.” She said haughtily as she grabbed Kyoko’s wrist and led the other girl out of the room.

It was even more amazing when Naruto pulled himself up off the ground at the base of the wall, rubbing his cheek.

“Ow! Ow that hurt!” He whined as his eyes fixated on the closed classroom door.

Then…another emotion formed on Naruto’s face.

One of…awe perhaps.

He had never met a girl like that before. She was so outspoken. And powerful too!

‘Sakura-chan.’ He thought to himself as pink spread over his cheeks.

Sasuke just rolled his eyes. Oh dear lord.

~*~