TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Of Fox Grins and Mismatched Eyes by ladygizarme

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or its characters, and I make no money from the writing of this story.

Of Fox Grins and Mismatched Eyes
A Collection of Kakashi x Naruto Shorts & Oneshots


By: ladygizarme
Beta: Houseki
Warnings: kissing, some deliberate run-on sentences, slight spoilers to extras in third databook
Timeline: unclear, but most likely near-future/post-shippuuden. No manga spoilers, though.
A/N: Three things:
1) I showed Houseki an icon made by steveness2310 on lj (from artwork by 10rankai), in which Kakashi was feeding an irritable-looking Naruto, and she said: “He should always do that.” And, well… this is what my mind did with that prompt.

2) I originally intended this to be a drabble of around 500 words. It started with just this: http://ladygizarme.deviantart.com/art/KakaNaru-handwritten-drabble-121388105 , but I didn’t have time to finish it in one go, and by the time I got back to it, I’d forgotten what I was going to do. From there, the story decided to write itself and it ended up a lot longer.

3) Itadakimasu/Gochisousama = “Thanks for the meal.” (before a meal/after a meal)


The Way to a Man’s Heart is…



He lay propped up in his hospital bed, arms bandaged and immobile against his sides, watching his bedside visitor with feigned disinterest.

Well-practiced fingers twirled the chopsticks, skillfully wrapping noodles around them before lifting them from the bowl, broth dripping from the curly noodles as he leaned closer to the bandaged man.

“Say ‘aahhh’,” the chopstick-wielding man intoned cheerfully, his closed eyes smiling at his patient.

Half-lidded eyes glowered at him, unimpressed and uncooperative.

The smile dropped and a sigh escaped. The chopsticks were abandoned. Blunt nails dragged through short, messy blond locks, scratching a couple times before tugging in exasperation.

“Come on, Kakashi! You fed me when I couldn’t use my arms. Why won’t you let me feed you?!”

Mismatched eyes continued to stare dispassionately for a moment before closing as Kakashi shook his head minutely. Then he gave a soft, muffled sigh, his eyes suddenly curving into a smile so familiar. Naruto raised an incredulous yet curious brow.

“What?” he asked irritably, almost worried what the answer could be.

Still with that unfuriatingly carefree smile, Kakashi answered, “I think you’ll find you have a hard time feeding someone whose mouth is covered.”

Naruto blinked rapidly, face growing warm with the blush rising over it. The image of his face coloring the way the red rises in a thermometer was so sudden and vivid, Naruto gave a snort of laughter. How could he have forgotten to pull down Kakashi’s mask? After all the times he (and the rest of his team) had tried to take advantage of Kakashi’s need to eat, in order to see his face?

“Right,” he said with the grim determination of someone accepting an S-rank mission.

He was surprised he managed that sort of tone, really, considering how giddily his insides were squirming now, fingers twitching slightly in excitement as he reached for the black mask hiding the lower half of his former sensei’s face. What would it look like? Memories of his past guesses flashed in his mind and he had to suppress a snicker at how overactive his imagination was, especially when he was younger. Honestly, fish lips? Buck teeth? As amusing as those possibilities had been to suggest, now he just couldn’t imagine it seriously.

Then his mind flitted to the conversation he’d had with Kakashi’s dog pack that one time, and felt his anticipation grow. The way they’d finally agreed that Kakashi’s face really looked had initially stirred something in him, something different than he’d felt before. With everything that had happened since then, though, he’d practically forgotten the whole thing. Besides, he wasn’t sure if he could really trust those dogs; it had taken them so long to actually agree, after all. Who knew if they even knew for themselves? But still… the possibility was there. He wanted to know.

Naruto swallowed harshly, now just millimeters from finally seeing his former sensei’s face. Before his fingertips touched the fabric, however, Kakashi leaned out of the way, pressing back more into the pillows helping to prop him up more comfortably in bed.

Naruto frowned slightly and reached some more. Again Kakashi avoided him, this time also leaning towards the opposite side of the bed.

Naruto gave a growl as his frown deepened.

“Aw, come on! What is it now?!” he asked, his arms gesturing wildly in exasperation.

Kakashi’s smiling eyes opened again, glinting sharply at Naruto despite the enduring laziness of his eyelids.

“We have an audience,” Kakashi informed him, nodding to the door.

Naruto whipped his head in the direction indicated, eyebrows rising in surprise as he saw a group of nurses grouped around the opened door, obviously waiting in anticipation. He hadn’t even noticed them before now! Cursing the fact that most of the medical staff in the hospital were also ninjas, and therefore trained in stealth, Naruto growled again.

“Come on, can’t you let a guy feed another guy in peace?!”

For some reason, his own choice of words made Naruto blush again. Luckily, the women didn’t seem to notice, as they were also busy blushing and looking guilty. Obviously, they’d wanted to see Kakashi’s face, too. Thankfully, they all left quickly after Naruto’s scolding outburst, and he sighed in relief as he sat down again, having gotten up to make sure the door was shut tight.

Blue eyes refocused on the mask with determination.

“Okay, let’s try this again…”

This time, he didn’t waste time anticipating, reaching for the mask so quickly now that Kakashi couldn’t escape it. The grey haired man was the one left blinking this time, watching a wide grin spread across Naruto’s face. The blond looked so blissfully content, Kakashi couldn’t find the will to feel ire at his face having finally been revealed to his former student. After awhile, though, the staring did get a little annoying.

“Naruto? The ramen?” he suggested, hoping to pull the boy from his sudden daze.

Even the utterance of the name of his favorite food didn’t wake Naruto from his stupor, and Kakashi sighed again. Without his mask, his highly-developed sense of smell was unhindered, and he could smell the hot, tantalizing ramen even better than before. Though it wasn’t high on his list of preferred foods, it was something he enjoyed when he did eat it, and it was definitely better than hospital food—not that he’d had much of that lately, either. There were so few people he trusted to remove his mask, after all.

He wondered if Naruto completely comprehended this fact.

The aroma of the ramen quickly got the better of Kakashi, causing his stomach to growl loudly. He was glad for it, though, when he realized it had helped to snap Naruto back to attention.

Naruto’s eyes still looked a little glazed over with something like amazement, but his focus was back, at least.

“Oh. Right. Sorry.”

Naruto again picked up the bowl, glad it still felt warm. Again he held the chopsticks. Again he twirled. He lifted the chopsticks towards Kakashi, his other hand keeping the bowl underneath the broth-soaked noodles in case they dripped.

“Say ‘aahhh’,” he repeated the command from earlier, this time a bit softer.

“Itadakimasu,” Kakashi replied in a similar tone.

For a moment, it felt almost intimate. Unbeknownst to either of them, they’d both had that particular feeling.

Kakashi cooperated this time, his uncovered lips dropping open, mouth closing around the chopsticks when he felt the slippery noodles on his tongue. Naruto swallowed again, breath becoming a little shaky, heart suddenly starting a noticeably faster rhythm within his chest as he slowly dragged the now-naked chopsticks from Kakashi’s mouth. Kakashi soon swallowed his mouthful, immediately noticing the lack of another bite waiting for him.

Naruto.”

Naruto’s gaze focused finally on Kakashi’s eyes, a grin breaking out across his face.

“You look… normal,” the blond informed him with obvious surprise in his voice.

A silver eyebrow rose at the utterance. What had he expected? Well… it was Naruto, after all.

Amusement found its way into Kakashi’s expression. “And? Are you disappointed?”

Naruto’s eyes widened for a moment before the smile returned to his eyes as he shook his head. “No, I’m relieved, actually.”

Kakashi wasn’t exactly sure what he meant by that. With anyone else, he would know, but Naruto had always had a different way of thinking. No further explanation was given, though, and he didn’t ask. Instead, he opened his mouth for the next bite of ramen.

Bite by bite, Naruto fed him his ramen in silence. Finally, the noodles were gone and Naruto put the bowl to his lips, drinking the remaining broth automatically. Only after the bowl left his lips and he wiped his mouth with his sleeve did he realize what he’d done. Did this count as an indirect kiss?!

“Gochisousama,” Kakashi said, his tone giving Naruto the impression of being taught what should be obvious.

Somehow the apparent schooling caused Naruto to blush, rather than the contemplation of indirect kissing.

“Gochisousama,” Naruto said softly with a small nod.

Kakashi smiled in his usual closed-eyes way. “Let’s do this again sometime.”

Naruto smirked in his confident, boyish way. “Of course.”

After all, he couldn’t expect Kakashi to regain his strength eating hospital food.

“For now, though, it would be best if you pulled my mask back up.”

Wondering why Kakashi insisted on covering his face when he looked just like a normal—albeit handsome—guy, Naruto pinched his fingers around the thin but strong material, dragging it up to its usual place over Kakashi’s mouth and nose.

Kakashi gave him a nod. “Thank you.”

~*~~*~~*~


The next day, Naruto again came with a bowl of ramen for his former teacher. This time, he remembered to pull down the mask, after checking to make sure there were no spies lurking around the door or window.

When he’d already fed Kakashi half the bowl, and while he was twirling more noodles around the chopsticks, Naruto wondered, “Why are you so worried about people seeing your face?”

Kakashi smiled at him in that way he had. “It’s a public service.”

Naruto frowned, convinced Kakashi wasn’t answering seriously. Sure he was good looking, but not to the point where people would go around fainting from seeing his bewitchingly gorgeous face or something. I mean, Naruto could sort of understand why people that he’d witnessed getting to see his former sensei’s face had reacted so strongly—seeing Kakashi’s face, that was normally covered, and finding it to be handsome and not weird in any way was a bit… enthralling. But still, he’d never thought of Kakashi as vain, so he couldn’t quite understand the reason for the mask. It wasn’t as if it helped him to not be recognized as “Sharingan Kakashi”, after all.

This time Kakashi was fully able to read Naruto’s thoughts plainly on his face, the clearest thought being Naruto’s disappointment in not getting a clear answer. Still, that wasn’t a conversation Kakashi felt up to, at the moment.

With a more serious tone, he said, “It’s… personal.”

Lost in his own thoughts, Naruto looked up suddenly at Kakashi’s words.

“…oh.”

He still wasn’t quite appeased, wishing Kakashi felt comfortable enough with him by now to share ‘personal’ reasoning. He could at least partially understand the difficulty of sharing personal secrets, though, so he didn’t press the matter. Instead, he held the noodle-wrapped chopsticks to Kakashi’s lips again.

When the noodles were gone, Naruto again found himself drinking the broth, but stopped halfway. Looking sheepishly at Kakashi, he gestured the bowl towards the other man in silent offering.

Smiling at him easily, Kakashi just nodded at him to continue, his smile growing as the tipping bowl obstructed Naruto’s view of him.

“Gochisousama,” Kakashi said when the empty bowl was set on his bedside table.

Naruto smiled. “Gochisousama.”

~*~~*~~*~


After a few days of feeding Kakashi, Naruto figured the Copy Nin should have been building up more of an appetite, so he decided to bring two bowls of ramen the next time he went. However, after he’d finished the broth and went to dig the other bowl out of the Ichiraku bag…

“Gochisousama.”

Naruto looked over sharply at those words. “Wait, I brought you another bowl today.”

Kakashi smiled and shook his head—partially in amusement, partially in expression of his thought that Naruto’s obsession with ramen really was hopeless. “I’m just a normal human, Naruto. There’s only so much ramen I can eat.”

Naruto gave a little frown, still unable to understand why anyone wouldn’t jump at the chance to stuff themselves with ramen.

“You go ahead and eat it,” Kakashi suggested magnanimously.

Shrugging, Naruto picked up the bowl and pulled the plastic lid off. Despite having eaten two bowls already before coming to feed Kakashi his lunch, in Naruto’s opinion, there was always room for ramen.

It wasn’t until he’d already put the noodle-wrapped chopsticks in his mouth and was dragging them back out, sans their former cargo, that Naruto realized he was using the same chopsticks he’d fed Kakashi with. Face turning red, he looked slowly up at Kakashi to see if the older man noticed. Kakashi was smiling serenely in that closed-eyes way, not saying anything. Figuring Kakashi either didn’t notice or wasn’t bothered—and besides, he hadn’t brought an extra pair of chopsticks, anyway—Naruto shrugged off his initial embarrassment and continued eating. After all, it wasn’t like this was the first time he’d indirectly kissed Kakashi this week, and what was the big deal anyway? It wasn’t like actual kissing, or so he figured (not that he had anything to compare it to other than a clumsy, accidental so-accused “kiss” that he’d rather forget).

He ate the rest of his ramen unperturbed, drinking the broth at the end as usual.

“Gochisousama,” he said with a contented sigh as he set the empty bowl inside the first one on the bedside table. Then he turned his attention back to Kakashi. “You sure you had enough to eat?”

Naruto frowned when Kakashi didn’t answer right away, but then he noticed the look on Kakashi’s face, like he was concentrating on something far away.

“It’s time for my afternoon vitals checkup,” Kakashi informed him cheerfully.

Belatedly, Naruto noticed the evidence of a nurse approaching the room. After living a similar routine for the past week, Naruto knew this was his cue to return Kakashi’s mask to its usual place.

In his haste to fix the mask before the nurse walked in, the tips of Naruto’s fingers scraped across Kakashi’s lips. He winced, but finished covering Kakashi’s nose before pulling his hand away quickly.

“Sorry,” he said sheepishly.

“It’s fine,” Kakashi told him, surreptitiously rubbing his lips together. They tingled, but not in a painful way, adding to suspicions Kakashi had recently been having concerning his feelings for his former student.

“Okay, then…” Naruto trailed off as the door behind him slid open. “I guess I’ll be off, now.”

He felt awkward hanging around when the nurses were poking and prodding his former sensei.

~*~~*~~*~


Later that night, as Naruto was thinking about his day, he suddenly found himself stuck on the fact that Kakashi hadn’t really answered his question about eating enough. Maybe he really had been still hungry. Why hadn’t he eaten the second bowl of ramen, then?

In a moment of clarity that was becoming increasingly more common to him lately, Naruto remembered a lecture Kakashi had given him back when Team Seven had first been formed. It was stuff about fruits and vegetables being an important part of a balanced diet. Back then Naruto had scoffed at his sensei’s advice, and even now, he didn’t really go out of his way to eat them, but if Kakashi thought they were important… maybe he missed having fruits and vegetables?

The next day, on his way to Ichiraku’s, Naruto stopped at the outdoor market to get some apples.

~*~~*~~*~


Two weeks after Naruto had started coming to feed Kakashi, the bandages were removed from his arms. He needed a couple days of physical therapy to get used to using his arms and hands again, though, so Naruto continued to help Kakashi eat.

After one bowl of ramen, Naruto would grab the apple he brought with him and cut it into pieces. After the first couple times he’d done this, it had struck him how similar it was to how diligently Sakura had attempted to care for Sasuke whenever he’d been in the hospital in the days when they were still a team. At first, the thought had alarmed him a little bit, for more reason than one. But he’d immediately mentally argued against the similarities, telling himself that not only was he nothing like Sakura, but Kakashi was definitely not Sasuke. After all, Kakashi appreciated his help; accepted it. If he didn’t, there was no way he’d ever trust Naruto with something as important as removing the mask he wore constantly.

That last thought had been another one of those special moments of clarity where Naruto suddenly understood things that weren’t clear right on the surface. He had smiled at the thought, his unease immediately melting away, and continued cutting the apple for the grey haired man quietly watching him.

Now, two weeks and three days after first feeding Kakashi ramen, and nine days after starting to bring an apple along, as well, Naruto sat cutting yet another apple into perfectly-proportioned sections.

“You’ve gotten really good at that,” Kakashi commented.

Naruto smiled, always appreciative of any praise he got from someone he looked up to.

“Too bad it’ll be a pointless skill after today,” a familiar female voice said from behind.

Naruto’s head whipped around to see Sakura standing in the doorway, looking past him sternly.

“Sensei! Still making Naruto feed you even though your hands work perfectly fine now? Shameful.”

Naruto was about to protest her accusation, but Kakashi cut him off before he could begin.

“I didn’t have the heart to tell him. He’s so attentive, after all.”

That made Naruto frown, seeing the strange gleam in Sakura’s eyes, hearing the admittance in Kakashi’s words, but—most importantly—hearing the way Kakashi’s voice was now muffled. Turning his head towards the other man just as quickly as he’d looked back at Sakura, Naruto’s frown grew. Kakashi’s mask was covering his face, without Naruto helping at all.

Kakashi sighed through the material obstructing the view of his whole face from his former students. “Now look, you’ve gotten me in trouble.”

Sakura giggled, like it was some kind of inside joke—one Naruto definitely didn’t get.

Feeling suddenly wholly disappointed—and finding it ridiculous that his disappointment was not because Kakashi had kept the truth from him, but because Sakura had actually spilled the beans—Naruto looked dejectedly at the plate of sliced apple in his lap.

“Well… I might as well give you this, since it’s already cut up, anyway,” he said, placing the plate in Kakashi’s lap.

Standing, he grabbed his jacket and turned to leave.

“Naruto?”

It was Sakura’s voice, sounding both curious and apologetic. Naruto felt a little guilty at hearing that, but he didn’t turn around, only holding his hand up in goodbye before closing the door after himself in the hallway. He silently cursed his ridiculous disappointment the whole way back to his apartment. Why should he be upset? It was good that Kakashi could use his hands again. That meant he should be out of the hospital soon.

He realized then that—maybe—he was—just a bit—like Sakura. He was going to miss caring for Kakashi.

~*~~*~~*~


Three days after Kakashi was discharged from the hospital, he found himself wandering towards Ichiraku’s Ramen stand. Trying not to think about his reason for doing so, Kakashi still couldn’t suppress the triumphant feeling that coursed through him as he glimpsed a familiar orange-clad form sitting at the counter.

“Here you are, Naruto,” Teuchi said, setting a big, steaming bowl of the blond’s favorite food down just as Kakashi ducked under the curtain.

Acting on instinct, Kakashi’s hand shot out, grabbing a pair of chopsticks from the holder before Naruto could. Naruto’s hand paused in shock while Kakashi broke the utensils apart and leaned over to twirl noodles around them.

“Say ‘aahhh’,” he said with a playful smile, holding the captured noodles up to Naruto’s slightly-slack mouth.

The mouth clicked closed, turning down in a frown as he quite obviously fought the red attempting to besiege his face. Naruto turned his face away and down, trying to hide the blush he was losing to despite his best efforts.

“I can feed myself.”

Kakashi wasn’t entirely surprised by the refusal, but blinked and paused as if he were.

“Hmm, okay, then. I’ll just take this bite myself. Itadakimasu!”

Naruto couldn’t help it. It was like an involuntary reaction after all the attempts to see Kakashi’s face. He had to look. He knew Teuchi and Ayame were watching with interest, as well, but he didn’t spare them a glance.

There was a quick, entirely unsatisfying, flash of skin before it was again covered with black, the chopsticks returned to Naruto’s bowl. However, Naruto’s mind was more preoccupied with the gleam in Kakashi’s eye as he did it, rather than the actual, split-second revealing of his face.

What was that? He had looked so… devious and triumphant and… playful. It gave Naruto an odd but pleasant shiver; one he totally wouldn’t mind feeling again.

Having claimed a miniscule prize, Kakashi decided he would be happy with that for now, and moved away.

“Later,” he said with a covered smile and short wave, disappearing in the way elite ninja had a knack for.

As Kakashi made his escape, he let his grin grow wide under the cover of his mask. He’d seen promise in that look Naruto had given him in that moment. Too bad he wouldn’t be there to see the teen’s reaction when he realized he was again eating with chopsticks Kakashi had eaten from.

“E-ehhh?!!”

Kakashi chuckled fondly to himself as Naruto’s embarrassed shout echoed through the streets of the village.

~*~~*~~*~


The next night, as Kakashi sat down to dinner alone in his apartment, he found himself wondering at how the simple act of feeding oneself could become such a regrettable activity. Despite no longer having a physical problem with doing it himself, there wasn’t a meal that went by now that Kakashi didn’t find himself thinking that Naruto should be the one feeding it to him. Equally disconcerting was the fact that, after two weeks of eating practically the same thing for lunch every day (barring the occasional change in ramen flavor), Kakashi now found himself feeling slightly off on days when he didn’t have ramen at least once.

Sighing in unavoidable defeat, Kakashi picked up the chopsticks and fed himself his own dinner of broccoli and beef stir-fry.

~*~~*~~*~


A week after the incident with Kakashi at Ichiraku’s, Naruto had just filled his kettle with water to boil for ramen, and was turning to set it on the stove to boil.

“Gahh!” he exclaimed as he glanced at his window, dropping the kettle and splashing water everywhere.

There, on his windowsill, sat the one and only Hatake Kakashi: Sharingan user, perverted-book reader, master of using-windows-as-doors.

“What the hell?! Don’t sneak up on me like that!” Naruto exclaimed, an accusing finger pointing at the grey haired man.

“You’re a ninja, aren’t you?” Kakashi reminded him with that usual—at the moment, infuriating—smile.

Naruto growled a little bit, but didn’t argue the fact, instead searching his counter for a towel to wipe the water up with. Once he’d dried the floor the best he could, wringing the towel out once in the middle of it and then again before he hung it over the sink, he walked over to where his former sensei had made himself comfortable at the table.

“So, what is it? Do we have a mission, or something?” he inquired.

Kakashi shook his head. “No, no, nothing like that. But I do need your help with something.”

Naruto raised a curious but suspicious brow as he took a seat catacorner from the Copy Ninja. For some reason he was getting the creeping feeling of déjà vu, memories of Kakashi’s extravagantly lame excuses for being late suddenly playing through his mind for no apparent reason.

“You see… I’ve recently been helping Tsunade-sama around the office…”

Suspicion growing, Naruto still couldn’t help but lean in, wondering where this was going.

“But there’s a lot of backed up paperwork, you see, and well…”

Naruto leaned closer. Kakashi was glad for his mask, as it hid the way his lips were twitching, a devious grin attempting to overtake them.

Heaving a big, pitiful sigh, Kakashi finally finished, “I got a papercut.”

Naruto blinked. Was he serious?

“And…?” he prompted dryly, no more impressed with his former sensei’s strange excuses than he had been when he was twelve.

Still, the prompt was all Kakashi needed, and now Naruto could see that devious grin, the gleam quite evident in his one visible eye.

“Well, it’s just so painful!” Kakashi exclaimed, holding up an overly-bandaged finger and clutching it like it was a broken limb. “I don’t think I’ll be able to use it for days!”

A blond brow was now raised so high it was close to jumping into Naruto’s hairline.

“And?”

“Well, after all, it’s dinner time, and I do get hungry, so I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind… helping me eat?”

“There are… lots of things you could easily eat, even with a bandaged finger…” Naruto pointed out slowly.

“Yes, but… I’m in the mood for ramen,” Kakashi informed him.

Naruto swallowed thickly at the request, his heart beating a little faster than normal. Yes, Kakashi’s reasoning was ridiculous and obviously his injury was a lie—or at least an exaggeration—but Naruto really couldn’t care about any of that. He was stuck on the fact that Kakashi had gone through all this trouble just so Naruto would feed him again.

“Okay,” Naruto answered softly but not hesitantly. He’d missed this, after all.

After water had been boiled and instant noodles set to soak in the forming broth, Naruto was again twirling noodles and dragging chopsticks through Kakashi’s unhidden lips. Each time he did it, his heart seemed to speed up for a couple seconds before returning to normal. As had somehow become their custom, Naruto drank Kakashi’s broth when the noodles were gone. Kakashi watched him with his elbow on the table, chin in hand.

Naruto felt a pull for what should happen next, and realized he couldn’t do it.

“I’m sorry, I don’t have any apples.”

Kakashi smiled at him amusedly. “That’s okay, but something else would be nice.”

Naruto looked over at him warily, feeling like he was walking into a trap. “Like what?”

Kakashi looked at him with that gleam in his eye that made Naruto’s pulse speed up and his breathing quicken. Then he was leaning across the corner of the table, and Naruto found his eyelids lowering of their own volition as warm, ramen-flavored lips pressed to his.

It was chaste at first—gentle—but soon Naruto was pressing harder, hoping to encourage more from Kakashi—demanding more. Hoping this wasn’t a tease or a fluke. Then their lips were parting, tongues were meeting, and Naruto was putting all his effort into not letting his utter lack of experience show. It did show, and it was wet and clumsy, but Kakashi didn’t mind. He was used to that sort of thing with Naruto, after all.

He put his hands in blond hair, deepening their kiss further, teaching Naruto what to do with his tongue through demonstration. Then it was frantic and heady and Naruto’s hands were tugging his hair and their tongues were twirling and writhing and clashing and Kakashi felt the corner of the table digging into his ribs but couldn’t find the will to care as he almost forgot he was the experienced one, forgetting to breathe in the process.

When they broke apart, panting for air, lips red and wet and kiss-swollen, Kakashi watched in amusement as Naruto absentmindedly wiped his wet lips on the back of his sleeve. Then Naruto gave him that roguish grin of his.

“Gochisousama,” the blond said, mimicking the teaching tone Kakashi had teased him with the first time Naruto fed him.

Kakashi gave him a content smirk. “Gochisousama. Let’s do this again sometime.”

“Of course.”

~*~~*~~*~
Owari

~*~~*~~*~


A/N2: Thanks for reading. Reviews are love.

*heart*

~ lg