TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11987
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Hdidh
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Worlds Apart by Artic Blade

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Six
Dream of the Fayth



Looking down at the endless seas that lay on the world of Spira, Bahamut felt a spark of love and affection for the world his power had helped to create. While the seas only ended at the one landmass that was Spira itself, there was enough variety in the Spiran continent to keep everyone occupied.
Each of the Spiran Gods, creators of the Universe in their own right, were magically and physically attached to this world in some way. To Shiva, the ice and cold of Macalania and Mt Gagazet were the places she called home. For Ifrit, the powerful fiend of Fire, the realms of Kilika Island and Bikanel Island were his. The skies were home to Valefor's power, but for Bahamut, his power lay all over Spira, invested within the homes of its people.
Unfortunately for Bahamut, he was spending far too little time here for his own tastes. He was back in his world, but it wasn't for pleasure. The last two Crest Holders were here, but because of what fate had dictated, this world had blocked the magical call. The Crest Holders had all been awakened, but there was the small matter of bringing them all together. They each had the power to move worlds if they ever had to, but they couldn't move through space.
Other than one. One of the Primary Crests, the Crest of Friendship, had the power to created bridges that could span the empty recesses of space. The World Highways hadn't been activated in over 10,000 years, but the time had come to put them to use again.
Giving a draconian sigh, Bahamut swept down, his majestic form deflecting the light of Spira's sun. Moving the light away from his form magically, he shimmered out of sight, his body turning utterly invisible. This way, he didn't cause panic within Spira's citizens. It had been five years since Yu Yevon had been defeated by the power of the Spiran Gods, but even now, in the time period known as the Eternal Calm, the people still feared his return.
Performing a tumble turn, the King of Dragons landed heavily on his clawed feet, the curved half-moons digging into the carved stone of Remiem Temple. The temple was home to one of the five lesser Gods of Spira, one of the ones strictly bound to Spira itself. They hadn't been there for the creation of the Universe, and their power didn't extend past the world borders.
But this wasn't a social call. This was a temple that belonged to the bloody past of Spira, and for them, it was better left forgotten.
Bahamut's form warped and changed, turning into a young boy. Shrugging his shoulders as he got used to his new body, Bahamut winced. It was always uncomfortable in a new body, for the first few minutes anyway. Venturing up the steps that led into the temple, Bahamut's thoughts were broken by one of the sisters who lived in the temple.

This is our domain Dragon. Why is one of the Creators deigning to visit us in this, the Temple of Blood?

Giving a decidedly human snort, Bahamut stopped at the centre of the temple.

This world was created for you and the people who made you as you are, Ladybird, and as such, this Temple belongs to me and my brethren. It was been designated to you so that you and your sisters may guard the Signal.

That caught their attention. Three flowers, one red, one blue, and one yellow, appeared in a triangular formation around the God of Men of the Universe. Exploding outwards in a shower of petals, forming into the figures of three women.

The Signal?

Heaving a sigh in his human body, Bahamut shook his head.

The Crest Holders have been called, Sisters. The Forger of Friendship does not yet have the knowledge to Forge the World Highways. In order to bring the Crest Holders together, we must send out a temporary Signal.

The Goddesses betrayed no emotion on their faces. To Bahamut, however, their emotions must have been detectable from the far reaches of the Digital World.

We see.

The air around the temple, previously still, began a small movement around the holy beings that were centred in the temple. The wind streamed from the Chamber of the Fayth, streamed from the depths of the Farplane itself. Outside the Remiem Temple, lightning snapped, and a downpour flooded into the temple. The roof, while covering most of the temple, had small slits that let the water come through. Around the edges of the stone floor, a circular pit slowly filled with water. When it reached the edge of the stone pedestal, the rain stopped, and the water swirled around, spun by the wind that came from the Farplane.
Outside the temple, a tremor within the Earth had a disastrous effect on the rocky spires that littered the outside of the temple. The larger ones fell, slamming into the cliffs that held the temple up, knocking away large boulders that had covered three strange runes, each in the colour of the three sisters. In response to the sunlight that now shone on their faces, the runes collected the energy, projecting it outwards into three beams that slammed into the walls of the temple, shattering them to punch through and collect in a ball of energy directly above Bahamut. Stretching a hand upwards, a faint claw seeming to be visible around it, Bahamut directed the energy upwards and out, projecting the energy through the roof of the temple.
Higher and higher it stretched upwards, a solid column of light that stretched out into space. On and on it went, until it split into four beams, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, and headed off in different directions.
As the beam shot into separate directions, they encountered a seemingly invisible barrier. The energy pooled against the wall, acting more like liquid than anything. However, the beams, which had easily crushed the walls of Remiem Temple, soon performed the same action against the World Walls. Within a few seconds, the walls shattered, and the physical pieces of it began raining down on the planets they had protected.

Looking out of his window, Sam Sapphire frowned. There had been no reports of a meteor shower for tonight, but one seemed to be happening. Multicoloured balls of light shimmered as they fell from the sky, scattering around everywhere. Watching one fall into the street in front of him, he witnessed it simply bounce harmlessly off the road, coming to rest in the front yard. Coming up beside him, a larger form, Nick Stone, joined in Sam's frowning as he took in the sight of the meteor shower.

"Wha-?" He began, but was cut off by Sam holding a hand up.

"I don't know. They aren't meteors, that one is obvious." Sam muttered, more to himself than anything.

Back on Spira, Bahamut looked up at the ball of energy glowing above his head, a smile breaking the features of his young body.

The Signal has been sent. The World Walls have fallen, and the Primary Worlds are open to the Heartless.
It has started, brothers and sisters.