TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Worlds Apart by Artic Blade

[Reviews - 1]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Four
The Queen of Hearts


A thousand words call out through the ages.
They'll fly to you, even though I can't see,
I know they're reaching you.
Suspended on silver wings.

A thousand words, one thousand confessions,
Will cradle.
Turning all of the lonely years
Into only days.

They'll hold you forever.

1000 Words
Jade from Sweetbox


Staring passively at her surroundings, Kairi, formerly a Princess of Heart; did not looked surprised. On the contrary, she looked like she had seen this place before.

The Second Trial of Love begins now.

A shimmer of magic clustered together at the centre of the platform. A picture of a silver bird, with small blue tags on its back and spikes on its tail roared up at her from its place on the pedestal. However, the magic that was being created stood above that picture, manifesting into the form of a boy Kairi had long forgotten.
Her heart knew him though. It leaped into her throat as she looked at him, brown hair messed up, and in clothes far too small for him. He looked to be sleeping, and no matter how hard Kairi tried, she could not get close to him. An invisible force field separated the two, and in the end, Kairi slumped against it, trying to break open the barrier she couldn't see.

The only thing keeping you and Sora separate is your heart Kairi. Open your heart, and then you will be reunited with the Protector of Power.

Staring at this boy, no, at Sora, Kairi smiled sadly. She didn't know why he was so important to her, only that she missed him terribly.

Two years ago, she had been kidnapped from her world. All she could remember was wandering in darkness for ages, before coming to the light in a castle. But how did she get there? Kairi's memory failed her there, and right now, staring at Sora, she knew he had the answers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The third Trials of Love have begun. Our first and second choices, Aerith Gainsborough and Phoebe Halliwell, have failed the Trials, and have been removed back to their home planets. The third candidate, Kairi Hart, is undertaking the Trials as we speak.

Nodding her head, Magnadramon, the Patron God of Love replied. The first voice seemed to pause momentarily, as if considering its answer.

No, we have not summoned the fourth candidate. Should Kairi fail with her Trials, Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom will be summoned. Unless you wish it otherwise, of course.

Flicking her tail as she thought, Magnadramon considered the implications of having two Crest Seekers on the Trials at the same time. Her answer came soon after that.

I see. I will summon the Princess immediately. Would you like the fifth Candidate present as well?

Shaking her head, Magnadramon showed her opinion.

As you wish.

The voice seemed to depart, leaving Magnadramon to oversee her Trials. The other two candidates had also failed here; Aerith had been unable to open her heart to Cloud, and Phoebe had been unable to open hers to Cole Turner. The two had spent far too long here, and had been removed as a result.

Even from her lofty perch, Magnadramon could feel the emotions unfurling from Kairi's heart. Because of her age, Kairi had not yet had the time to lock her heart away from pain, and because of that, the platform Kairi was on pulse pink as the barrier around Sora went down. Rushing to embrace him, Magnadramon watch the stirrings of consciousness within the boy, but quickly moved Kairi to the third Trial just as Princess Peach arrived at the first.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Searching for Sora, Kairi gulped back her tears. Sora... She knew him, remembered him, and she had no idea how she could have forgotten him. He had been her best friend since they were little, he had saved her life, and she had loved him like no-one else could.
Her focus was broken by the feeling of fabric around her hands. Bringing them up to eye level, she raised a confused eyebrow as she studied the new gloves that had appeared there.

The Papal Gloves...

The voice whispered through the air, and instantly, Kairi knew that she was wearing the Papal Gloves. Moving her right, gloved hand through the air, she watched, or rather, felt, the glove move through something other than air.

The Papal Gloves have the ability to absorb and diffuse any form of magic surrounding the wearer. They are made of pure magic, and as long as the bearer wears them, they will always be protected from any magic aimed their way.

A cloaked figure appeared at Kairi's feet. She could almost feel darkness rolling off of him, her, it? Crouching down, Kairi outstretched her hand, slightly wary of touching the person. And almost as if they could sense they were above someone, the Papal Gloves began to glow a pearly white that drifted slowly over the person. The darkness began receding, and giving a sigh of relief, the person disappeared from sight.

The Papal Gloves allow you to remove the taint of the Heartless from a person's body, as well as being capable of healing any wound. By birthright, you are capable of wielding this weapon, as well as any privileges you would receive as Queen of Hearts.

"The Queen of Hearts?" Kairi asked, looking up at the endless black sky.

Two years ago, your powers as a Princess of Heart were unlocked, allowing you and the other six princesses to unlock the way to Kingdom Hearts. As Queen of Hearts, you have become the leader of the Princesses of Heart, and can even bring a person back to life if they have become a Heartless. You performed that duty on Sora, after his death at Radiant Gardens.

Looking down, Kairi bit her lip. "I remember." She whispered.

But now is not the time for that. To summon the Papal Gloves to your side, you need to collect all the feelings of love within your heart. Once you have done that, the Papal Gloves will appear for you.

Looking down at her hands, Kairi blinked in surprise as she realised the gloves were not there. Looking on the ground, as if expecting them to be there, she shook her head.

Gather the feelings of love...

Sighing, Kairi shut her eyes. Sora, Riku, her mother and father. The feelings of love, both platonic and emotional, surged through Kairi, rushing through her to collect in the palms of her hands. Opening her eyes, still caught in the thrall of love, she watched white wisps of magic, looking like a mist, twist around her hands, coming into a corporeal form as the Papal Gloves.
Smiling in satisfaction, Kairi looked up at the blackness. "What now?"

The element assigned to the Papal Gloves is Aether, the higher, purer air of the Gods. As the Lighter of Love, you will be able to control Aether, using it to heal wounds at its best, and at its worst, you can generate the Aether into a magical form, using it as a destructive weapon.
To do this, imagine a bolt of energy leave your hand.


Frowning, Kairi thrusted her hand forward, not expecting anything to happen. Seeing no crackle of energy, no bolt of lightning, she raised an eyebrow.

Imagine it, and it will happen.

Sighing, Kairi threw out her other hand, visualizing a pink ball of magic leaving her fist. As she did, it happen. A pink coloured ball of lightning split the air, journeying on until it seemed to hit a wall of blackness. Tearing a hole through it, the ball of energy continued on, eventually exploding outwards. As it moved outwards, the darkness fled from it, leaving an enormous space free of the darkness.

Excellent. To use the powers of the Lighter of Love, just imagine. Your imagination is your most powerful weapon, use it, and you can accomplish anything.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Princess Peach has failed the first Trial. We have summoned the fifth candidate, Serena Usagi, to attend the Trials.

It troubled Magnadramon that so many of the candidates, especially the ones most likely to defeat the Trials and win the Crest, were failing. The emotion of love was in an omnipresent state at all times in the Universe, and yet, so few people seemed to grasp it.
Waving her forepaw at the viewing pool on the pedestal of the gods, Magnadramon summoned the information on Kairi.

Name: Kairi Elizabeth Hart

Age: Sixteen

Alliance: Crest of Love Seeker:
Currently one of the seven Princesses of Heart, Kairi ascended to the level of Queen after the last closing of Kingdom Hearts. Since then, she has all but forgotten the boy she loves due to the magical spells of her Nobody, Namine. Due to her time as a Princess of Heart, Love has becoming on the leading forces in Kairi's life.

Powers: The ability to, along with the other Princesses of Heart, open Kingdom Hearts.
All the powers and abilities given to the Queen of Hearts.

Achievements:
Placed her heart within that of Sora's, the Keyblade Master.
Restored Sora to his body after he became a Heartless.

Overall Ranking: 3rd

Overall Report:
Kairi is easily capable of handling the Crest of Love. She will not be able to use it instinctively, but she will bond with it faster than many. Her value comes from her selflessness, she will often help those who need it without being asked. Similarly, her abilities as a Queen of Heart can prevent far more losses to the Crest Holders than any other person can. Physically, she poses no threat, but magically, she is one of the most powerful within this Universe.


Giving a sigh, Magnadramon dismissed the information. Unless Kairi passed the Trials of Love, they would have to rely on someone who may even reject the Crest of Love to carry it. For the fate of the Universe, indeed, for the fate of the Crest of Love, she hoped that would not come to pass.