TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Open Gates, Frozen Hearts by killer_carebear

[Reviews - 2]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Ok, so this chapter intorduces Gaara. I really really like writing Gaara. He's fun. Lee's pretty cool too, but not as fun as the red head. ^^. Anyway, rate and review if you would like.

As usual, I don't own Naruto. I'm getting no money for this story and all the characters belong to Kishimoto-san.
The inside of the Palace was cool, a nice reprieve from the scorching desert sun. A large courtyard resided within the entryway, full of exotic plants and a large pool. A statue of an hourglass stood in the center of the pool with water constantly bubbling over the rim of it into the liquid below.

Many people were treading through the courtyard, chatting and engaging in conversation with the people around them. Most were dressed like nobles, others as subjects coming in for an interview with some royal official. A few stared as the two Konoha strangers passed by, but then quickly averted their gaze when they were noticed. Naruto would stare back at them, making Lee groan. That boy could stare down a crocodile if it had looked at him the wrong way. Naruto had always been rash. How he had survived in the army, Lee would never know…but there had been a reason why Lee had chosen Naruto to be his partner.

Lee loped up the steps to the tiny apartment, knocking politely on the door. It creaked open to reveal a young, mischievous face. Bright blue eyes shown through ragged blonde hair as Naruto stuck his head out to look at the Colonel. “Lee?” Naruto asked, rubbing his eyes. The poor knucklehead was still in his pajamas. Lee laughed. “Well, Private, I’m here to tell you… you’re coming with me on a mission!”

Naruto simply stared at Lee…then his eyes popped open. “Oh my gosh! Are you serious! A mission!” The blonde had a huge grin on his face as he leaped about. Lee smiled. Naruto had always been a big screw off in school. He was never good at handling the magic’s and illusions that were required at the Leaf Academy. Lee himself had never been adept to any of these skills, but he was a pro in weapons and physical warfare. He had excelled in the army…but Naruto had simply stayed in the bottom. He had been allowed to join the army as a Private simply because his superiors felt sorry for him. The poor kid was never given missions, so, of course, he would jump at Lee’s offer.

“What kind of mission?!” Naruto asked. Lee quickly set down the basics. The opening of Sands Gates and Her Majesty’s orders to open trade. Naruto nodded as Lee finished up. “Sounds important…of course you would need me on this thing! Good choice Colonel!” Lee smiled to himself. So full of energy. It was a good choice. “I’ll go get ready!” Naruto stood up and hurried upstairs. Lee watched him go…


Temari’s voice woke Lee from his thoughts. “I advise you to be reverent. I don’t know how things are back in your country, but here we hold respect in high esteem…” Her eyes flashed to Naruto, but the Private didn’t catch on.

Lee glanced ahead to notice they had approached a set of very large doors. The front of the door was cast gold with the outline of a dragon curling along its curves. Lee gulped. The whole thing made him feel small…which its purpose was probably. Intimidate your subjects before they come in to your presence. “On your toes Naruto…” Lee whispered. Naruto nodded and looked ahead, fire in his eyes.

Temari lifted the latch, opened the door…and they entered into a hall of splendor. It was a long hallway that led to the throne steps. Large pyres were lit aflame to the sides, casting shadows upon the pillars in odd, beautiful colors. Ornately colored drapes hung from the Pillars and the flames reflected off the cloth and added to the spectacular rainbow around them. The throne center itself was an ornate purple color. It was on a raised platform of rich wood and covered with pillows. At the bottom, near the side, leaned a tall man with brown hair. Weird red markings were on his face and Lee could not tell if they were tattoos or paint. He stared up and nodded to Temair, then glanced up to the figure who sat atop the throne.

Lee and Naruto’s eyes moved up the plateau together until they rested on the figure sitting there. The Sultan sat crossed legged on a throne of massive, colorful pillows. He was much younger than the Colonel had expected. He might have been the same age as Lee himself, or even a bit younger. His hair was a deep, crimson red that stuck out in spiked edges. His skin was a pale, crème color. Apparently, although he lived in the desert, he didn’t go outside much. However, all of these things were in contrast with his eyes. His eyes were a pale blue and were surrounded by dark, dark rings that extended up to his eyebrows…which he had none. Those eyes radiated the strongest loneliness that Lee had ever felt.

The Sultan stared down at them and Temari stood to attention. “The Ambassadors of Leaf.” She said, and hurried to the side. He turned to Lee. “So…you are from the Outside World…”His voice was a dull monotone. There was no hint of anger or surprise, only simple fact.

Lee glanced over at Naruto, who was staring dumbly up at the Sultan. “Yes…”Lee said, stepping forward. He did a bow like the one Temari had done earlier ( He would find out later that that bow was for family only…but the Sultan didn’t seem to notice.) “ I am Colonel Rock Lee in the service of Queen Tsunade of the Nation of Leaves.”

“Leaves?” The Sultan raised a hairless eyebrow. “The Land of Fire…The Great Warrior…” The Sultan stood up from his throne of pillows and clasped his hands behind his back. “I am Gaara no Subaku, Lord of the Eastern Desert and Protector of the Gate of Sand. Your presence is welcome. You begin your teaching immediately…”

Lee blinked. “Wait, wait, wait… I didn’t come here to teach…” Gaara gazed down at him, as though the words Lee had said were of a different language. “You must have. Why else are you here?”

“To set up trade…perhaps an alliance. I was told nothing of any teaching…”

“That is trade. A trading of knowledge. I thought I was quite clear on that information.” The Sultan’s eyes narrowed.

Lee blinked. Oh bloody… “By saying trade, we thought, well, an exchanging of resources. Valuable items..” Gaara’s face did not change as he stared at the Colonel. “Knowledge is our most valuable resource…what more could you want?”

Naruto snorted. “You know what! Gold, silver, things of a shiny, valuable nature!” Gaara glared down like a hawk on the Private. “It is disrespectful to speak above your commander…”His dark eyes moved back to Lee. “Is what the boy said correct? Is this really what you seek?” Lee gulped…and nodded. “Then it is true. That is all the Outside World cares about.” The Sultan turned his back on them and slowly made his way back to his throne.

Lee sighed. “I am sorry for the trouble…and the confusion. If you have nothing else for us, we could be ready and gone by three days.”

“No.” The droning voice said. The Sultan of Sand turned around. “You are not allowed to leave…”

Naruto’s jaw dropped open. “What the hell is wrong with you! What are you talking about! Neither of us have what the other wants!” Gaara glared at the lad, who didn’t stand down. “You are in MY land, under MY rules. You are not allowed to leave.” He sat down on his throne again, as though what he had said was common knowledge. “Kankuro.” The man with the face marks nodded up toward his Sultan. “Show these men to their chambers.” He glared back at the Colonel and Private. “You will being my lessons tomorrow at noon. Do not be late. Tardiness with only result in your punishment.”

Lee snorted. “And what, might I ask, will your lessons consult in?” He said, trying to remain respectful.

Gaara didn’t blink. “Your culture.” Then he turned away, announcing th conversation was over.

Kankuro motioned for the two to follow, and they moved out of the Sultan’s throne room and into their own private fuming.
Chapter end notes: Chapter 3 coming soon.

Please review if you like it...or not. I always need help with my writing.