TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Since I was 5 by Shmoobunny182

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: Disclaimer: me no own naruto etc...
Flashback

Naruto walked down the streets in his old neighborhood in Japan. The sun was setting and it was almost completely dark out. Most would probably not let a small child under the age of 5 out after dark. Then again, Uzumaki Naruto didn't exactly lead a normal life. He was growing up without the tender loving care of a mom and a dad. He wasn't exactly a people person either. At least that's what people tended to think about him. Ratted cloths, wild messy blonde locks, a dull vacant expression in those blue eyes. Who would want to talk to a kid who looked like a street rat? Most would think he was dangerous and they might be in harms way by going anywhere near him! Others despised him because they thought of him as a monster.

Naruto being the confused little boy he is, didn't have the slightest clue as to why, this hate was brought towards him. Why him? What did he do? He tends to think it's because of his family history. Naruto lived in a very orthodox part of town. If the elders of the church though something, anything was wrong with you, you were possessed by evil demons or spirits. Since Naruto isolated himself in his 'home' most of the time, he started to her voices in his head. The voices were telling him, no, guiding him on what to do. This phenomenon pretty much confirmed it for the other civilians that he truly was indeed, crazy.

He had to be careful walking down the street no matter when or where he was. It's hard walking down the street when around every corner you turn, there's the chance of being pummeled into oblivion. It didn't matter whether it was in a dark alley hidden from everyone so no one could here his screams for help. Nor did it matter if the beating took place in broad daylight in front of a crowd. No one care to help him. You know the feeling when you can't even sleep at night because you're worried some senseless creep is going to sneak in your room while your guard is down for a good nights sleep? Oh, you don't? Lucky you.

It was October 10th. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and the weather was beautiful. You'd think 'Oh this day couldn't get any better!' Au contraire. Today was Naruto's 5th birthday. Said child, walked over to the slide, climbed up the latter, and settled on the top.

Flashback within a flashback

Currently, Naruto was hiding in his room under the covers. His foster mom was searching the house for him and boy was she mad. 'What did I do this time' he though. “You ungrateful little brat! I let you into my home and this is how you repay me?!” Now, his 'mother' was a nice lady on the outside but, inside she could be downright nasty. See, she made a little habit for herself. Drinking. More specifically, alcohol and, when it came down to it, she would crack out the belt. She often abused him for things he's never done. Blames him on her problems. Earlier that day 'the lady of the house' lost her job. That meant she could afford to pay her rent until a new job was earned, and who knew how long that could take. She decided that the best way to fix her problem would be, get rid of that juvenile delinquent (Naruto) and all will be well again. So here we have Naruto shakes with tears under the bed covers, and his 'mother' searching every nook and cranny with a belt in hand. As soon as Naruto heard footsteps coming up the steps, he tried as best he could to stifle his quiet sobbing into a soft almost inaudible sniffle.

“Come on you pest, I know you're in there! You can't possibly hide from someone of my caliber!” The door opened and in walked the raging women. Twenty minutes later, said women walked out of the room and dispersed down the hall and into her own room. Naruto was sure he sat there awake, and scared, for at least two or three hours before he even started to feel sleep coming on. 'Kyuu-san, why does this always have to happen every where I go.....' ... Kyuu, the voice inside his head, didn't feel the need to utter a single word. That would just prove everyone else's thoughts on him. That was unwanted.

End of flashback within the flashback

Naruto, curled up best he could to keep warm on this cold night. He even pulled he knees in tight towards his chest and kept his head down in his lap. It was going to be a long night.
Chapter end notes: sorry if its sucky =] I hope its alright