TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


It's a Nanny's Job by Zenriek

[Reviews - 31]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hey, back for a second chapter.

Anyway, here’s the second chapter (I know it is kind of boring so far, but it’ll get better, I promise), enjoy.

It’s a Nanny’s Job

Chapter Two- Interview and screw-up

When Sasuke’s wife divorces him, and leaves him their kids, it’s up to him to get a nanny. But nobody seems right for the job. Except for this blonde, who refuses to leave his property until he gets the job. What’s Sasuke to do?


--

When they were situated on Sasuke’s living room couch, facing each other, Sasuke finally started the interview.

“So,” Sasuke paused, “Do you have any references?”

Naruto shook his head.

“A résumé?”

Another shake of the head.

Sasuke paused, catching himself before he rolled his eyes, “…Anything?”

Naruto leaned back, looking up at the ceiling, thinking of something. “Well, I’ve never been an actually nanny before,” Sasuke nearly fell over in exasperation, “But I have been babysitting since I was twelve. It’s basically one of the only things I’m good at.”

“Uh-huh… And how old are you now?” Sasuke inquired.

“Twenty-one.” Naruto seemed smug, seeing as Sasuke had said he didn’t look a day older than seventeen. His smugness only grew when Sasuke’s eyes widened a fraction (the only surprised expression Sasuke seemed to have).

Sasuke sighed (he seemed to do that a lot too), “Yah, well I can’t know that until I get some proof. I can’t just let you be a nanny to my kids without knowing whether or not you’ll just accidentally kill them.”

Naruto leapt to his feet, looking very offended, “Fine! I’ll get you some proof! Where’s your phone?” He began walking from room to room, searching for a phone.

Sasuke grabbed the blonde’s tan hand and dragged him to the kitchen, snatching the phone from its cradle on the wall and practically shoving it into the blonde’s hands.

Naruto gave him a dirty look, before dialing a phone number and holding it to his ear, waiting for someone to pick up. He suddenly smiled happily, “Hey, Iruka! Err, no, not at the moment, but that would be nice sometime. No, no I just wanted you to talk to this guy.” He suddenly blushed, “No, no not that kind of guy! Just the guy who’s offering the nanny job. Yah. Yah, he wants proof that I can do it. Yah, hold on.” Naruto held out the black phone to him, and Sasuke hesitantly took the phone from him and pressed it to his ear.

“Hello?” He said softly.

“Hello!” A cheerful male voice spoke back, “Uchiha Sasuke, right?”

Sasuke nodded, but remembered that the man on the other half of the line couldn’t see, “Yes.”

“Mmhm, well then I shall tell you that Naruto is more then qualified for the job. I’m his adoptive father, and I know. Every parent of the children he’s babysitted have always wanted him to watch their children again, the kids loved him. He also used to work at a Child Daycare, and had that job for about… two years, I think.” The man on the other side said.

“A Daycare center?” At the affirmative that was heard on the other end, Sasuke looked sharply at Naruto, “Why didn’t you tell me that before? Being with a Daycare Center for two years is something you’d tell if you wanted to be a nanny!” Sasuke growled, feeling that he could’ve avoided a lot of frustration if he had been told this before.

Naruto just scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, “Ummm…”

The man on the other end sighed, “He didn’t tell you that? Well, Sasuke, between you and me, he really needs this job.”

“Why?”

“Well…. His money situation isn’t very good right now… I try to help him as much as I can, but… He doesn’t really like to accept help. I’m not going to tell you anymore, he’d be angry with me if I did. Just… Please, just give him a chance. He’ll be great, trust me, I know.”

Sasuke was silent for a few minutes, debating with himself. The man on the other end was silent as well, waiting for his answer. Sasuke sighed, “Fine… I’ll give him a chance, but if he kills one of my kids, I’ll kill him.” He ignored Naruto as he jumped around, whooping in victory and extreme joy.

He barely heard the man on the other end sigh in relief, muttering ‘thank you’ and ‘goodbye’ before hanging up.

He hung the phone back up on its cradle, and turned to Naruto, who was grinning like an idiot. “Alright, you’ll watch them today. You pick them up from kindergarten at noon exactly, and watch them until I get home at about five o’ clock. Which means you make dinner. Make it healthy, no ordering in, make enough for me. They aren’t allowed to have sugar after five thirty, which you shouldn’t have to worry about unless I come home late. Bed time is at eight thirty. Help them with homework if they have any. Entertain them, no cussing, no bad music, if they want to watch television, let them. If they disagree, compromise.” Sasuke paused to make sure Naruto was getting all of this, and after a quick nod, continued in a low hiss, “If you mess up, even a little, if they don’t like something that you do, or say, you’re out of here. No second chances.”

Naruto nodded, taking a small step backward as the Uchiha gave him a glare. Sasuke turned on his heel and walked to the door, picking up the brown suitcase next to it, opening the door and slamming it shut behind him.

Naruto winced, before looking puzzled. Why did he always seem to be in a pissy mood? Naruto shrugged, it didn’t matter. He walked back to the kitchen.

…Wait, what the hell was he supposed to do until noon!?

Naruto got up and started exploring the house. All that was on the ground floor was the kitchen, living room, and a few other empty rooms. He didn’t really want to go down to the cellar. On the second floor he found two small bedrooms, on girly looking and the other boyish looking (obviously the kid’s rooms), two bathrooms (on either sides of the house), a workroom (or study, whatever), and a large bedroom (obviously belonging to none other than the owner of the household).

Naruto chose to stay in the study and… learn a little bit about his employer. Sure, the master bedroom would be a better place to look, but that was so cliché! Naruto betted (with himself) that anything good about the Uchiha would be in here. With a devious grin, Naruto started looking through the bookcase on the wall.

He found nothing in particular that caught his eye, until he got to the bottom shelf. There was only one thing on the bottom shelf. A very old looking, yellowed, dusty photo album. As Naruto carefully took it out, he wondered why he had wasted his time with the other sections of the book shelf.

He slowly opened the book to the first page, breath held, wondering what kind of photos he would find in it. The first picture was a big one, taking up the whole page. Naruto studied it, brow furrowed slightly.

There was a woman standing there, long brown hair and a wide smile brightening her features. Standing next to her was a tall man, black hair and black eyes, a small smile gracing his lips and his arm around the woman’s waist. On the other side of the woman was a young man, a teenager, looking to be around fourteen or fifteen. He had long black hair, set in a low ponytail, and black eyes. He was pale, and he wasn’t smiling like the others. He was smirking lightly, but other than that, there were no emotions about him. He stood there, hands at his sides, looking straight at the camera.

And in the woman’s arms she held a small child. He looked to be about three. It was definitely Sasuke. He had the black hair, with the bangs that seemed to always be in his eyes, and the spiked up hair in the back. Black eyes too. But this Sasuke was a happy smiling one, an arm around the mother’s neck, giving the camera a victory sign.

Naruto found that they all looked like Sasuke in one way or another, especially the teenager. This had to be Sasuke’s family.

He turned to the next page, finding several pictures of them at the zoo on that page and the next few pages. Naruto especially liked the one of Sasuke (about five years old) letting a small black goat eat out of his hand. He was laughing and petting the goat with his other hand.

Naruto got out of the kneeling position he was in and sat with his back against the book shelf, the photo album perched on his knees. He spent the rest of the morning looking through it, staring at certain pictures for long periods of time.

All too soon it was time to leave to pick the children up. Naruto found this to be a problem because one; he didn’t have a car, and two; he didn’t know what school they went to, and Sasuke didn’t leave any contact numbers. That son of a bitch.

Naruto sighed and went down to the kitchen, picking up the phone and dialing the number of the school Iruka worked at (he was a sixth grade teacher there).

“Hello, Konoha Elementary, how may I help you?” The perky voice of the receptionist inquired.

“Hey Jesse,” He paused as Jesse answered with an excited hello back, “I really need to talk to Iruka, it’s an emergency.”

“Oh, sure Naruto. Just hold on a second.” Naruto hummed an affirmative and waited silently while she got Iruka on the phone (via speakers in his room).

Soon there was an answering tired voice, “Naruto? What’s the matter?”

“Kids giving you a hard time again?” Naruto asked sympathetically.

“Yah. They’re just being particularly rowdy today. What’s the matter?” He repeated.

“Err…. Well, I’m supposed to pick the kids up from school in about...” He checked the microwave clock, “Fifteen minutes, and Sasuke didn’t tell me where they actually go to school. I wanted to know if you know any schools nearby here?” Naruto responded.

There was a small thump, and Naruto knew Iruka had dropped the phone (thankfully it wasn’t cordless). There was fumbling for a second before Iruka asked, “He didn’t tell you where to pick them up!? Oh for goodness sake!” There was muttering on the other end before he sighed, “Well, this school is the only school I know of that is nearby, and we do have a kindergarten class. What’re their names? I’ll have someone see if they go here.”

Naruto told him their names, and listened as Iruka told somebody in the class to go to the kindergarten classroom to see if they had a Sarel and William Uchiha there. A few minutes passed in silence. Then there was whispering, and then Iruka spoke into the phone.

“They’re here. Get here quick, Naruto.” Iruka spoke with obvious relief in his voice.

Naruto nearly jumped for joy. Saying a quick, “Thank you,” he slammed the phone back onto its cradle and ran out the door as fast as he could.

--

TBC….

Next chapter will be better, promise. First day of being a nanny!

If you think this chapter (or this story, so far) was actually good, please review.