TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


It's a Nanny's Job by Zenriek

[Reviews - 31]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I know... Forgot to update.... Again.... So, for compensation, I give you two chapters! Yay! ...I can hear crickets chirping....

Anyway, enjoy!
It’s a Nanny’s Job

Chapter Six- Redheads and Birthdays

When Sasuke’s wife divorces him, and leaves him their kids, it’s up to him to get a nanny. But nobody seems right for the job. Except for this blonde, who refuses to leave his property until he gets the job. What’s Sasuke to do?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Well… That was certainly interesting.”
Sasuke shook his head and scowled at his brother. “Shut up Itachi.” He stood up and began cleaning of the table. Children’s laughter could be heard in the living room, watching a TV show.

“That Naruto is interesting.” Itachi continued, ignoring his brother’s snarled, “Shut up, Itachi!”

“He’s not stupid, no, but he has got a quick temper. Curious, sympathetic…” Itachi trailed off softly, waiting for his brother to inquire.

“Sympathetic?” Sasuke asked, raising a thin eyebrow in question.

“I told him about Catherine.” He hurried to continue as he watched Sasuke’s back go rigid, “He needed to know! Better sooner than later.”

“Why does he need to know!” Sasuke growled, turning around to lean against the counter, his soap-sod covered hands slipping on the cool marble top.

“He just does. He needs to know what subjects are wrong to bring up, what went on so he doesn’t upset someone.” Itachi explained, setting his chin on the palm of his hand.

Sasuke bit the inside of his mouth, whirling around to face the sink again. No use arguing with that, “Still...”

“You should’ve been the one to tell him.” Sasuke nodded, “When? After a few months? A year?”

“He’s not going to be here that long.” Sasuke said as he dried one of the bowls.

Itachi rolled his eyes, “And why not? He’s great with the kids, they get along great. They like him, heck, even I like him! So what’s wrong with him?”

Sasuke paused, setting the bowl down in the sink, watching the sods slip off his hands blankly. What was wrong with him? “He’s… an idiot.” He muttered weakly.

Itachi snorted, “No he isn’t. You’re the one being an idiot.” He ignored the furious glare sent his way and continued, “He’s not stupid. He’s had a lot of experience with kids. He’s great with them! You’ve seen him play with them. He can cook, he can clean, and he’s good with kids… He could be a woman if he didn’t have a dick! So what’s wrong?” When Sasuke didn’t answer, he decided to look for an answer.

“Jealous?” Sasuke ignored him and began washing a cup, “That your kids liked him so much so fast, and he hardly did anything? That they hang off of him now too? That they smile so easily at just the mention of him?” Itachi paused, watching his little brother put the cup away, “Sasuke, those kids are your kids. They love you more than anything, you’ve always been there for them. Ever notice that when you get home they always smile and jump on you? That they want you to tuck them in every night? Won’t go to sleep without a kiss goodnight? Sasuke, they love you. Nothin’s going to change that.” He watched Sasuke furiously scrub at a bowl, pointedly ignoring him. Then he realized exactly what was wrong.

Itachi face-palmed, “Damnit Sasuke! Please tell me you aren’t being a sore loser!”

Sasukie threw the plastic bowel back into the dink, “What would I have to be sore about?”

Itachi drummed his fingers on the tabletop a moment, “Oh… I don’t know, how about having to give in to him so easily?”

Sasuke pulled an incredulous face, “What!”

Itachi grinned mentally, “Yah, yah! You had to lose to him, give him the job, because your kid took a liking to him.” He was glad he finally got a reaction from his brother.

He mentally nodded in satisfaction as Sasuke’s cheeks flushed, “I am not! There was nothing to lose!”

“Sasuke, you consider nearly everything to be some kind of competition.” He told him, as if he were speaking to a child, “When Naruto told you he wasn’t leaving until he got the job, you probably went to get a timer, see how long it took before he got bored and went away.”

“I did not!” Sasuke protested.

“Now you just sound like a little kid.” Itachi voiced with a grin.

“Shut up Itachi!” Sasuke sighed.

“Face it, with Naruto, you’re going to lose a lot. He has a fighter’s spirit. You gotta learn how to lose.” He smirked and got up, tapping the table for extra measure. “Either way you’re both going to get on each other’s nerves a lot. I have to go now, I’ll see you later.”

Sasuke rolled his eyes and turned back to the sink, listening to Itachi saying goodbye to his niece and nephew.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Hey Kiba! How about this?” Naruto waved his friend over with a grin. When Kiba was beside him, he waved a pair of red lacey panties in his face.
Kiba’s face went beet red and he immediately grabbed the panties from the blonde and put them back, “Naruto! Hinata does not need panties! Especially those kind of panties!” He sighed exasperatedly as Naruto snickered, “Naruto, come on! Hinata’s birthday is in a few days, and I don’t even have an idea of what to get her!”

Naruto sobered, “All right, all right. Let’s look around somewhere else; nobody likes to get clothes as a present anyway.” Kiba nodded in agreement and followed Naruto out.

As they walked around the mall, Kiba picked out stores to go into. Naruto rejected almost all of them, and the ones they did enter they came back out empty handed.

They finally made their way to the food court, both tired and annoyed. Ten minutes later they were sitting down with their selected food.

Naruto sighed, popping a French fry into his mouth, “I dunno what to tell ya, there’s nothing here. Hey! Call and ask her what she’d like!” He leaned over to grab Kiba’s black cell phone, but Kiba was faster and snatched it away before Naruto’s fingers could even brush it.

“No! You can’t just ask someone what they want for their birthday!” Kiba hissed.

“Why not? You don’t have to worry about whether they’d like it, they don’t have to worry about getting something they don’t like, or surprises... It’s a win-win situation!” He waved his hands for emphasis.

“What’s wrong with surprises? I like surprises.” Kiba stated, taking a large bite of his sub sandwich.

Naruto shook his head, shoving a few fries into his mouth, “I don’t.”

“You certainly like giving them.” A monotonous voice said behind him.

Naruto yelped, jumping in surprise and twisting around to see who had interrupted them. With another yelp he fell off the chair, his legs still slung over the side. Snickers were heard around them as people watched.

He sighed and looked up to see the pale face of a redhead named Gaara. “Gaara!” Naruto cried, a large grin nearly splitting his face in half as he latched on to the red head’s leg.

Gaara watched him boredly, his lips quirking up very slightly into what Naruto called the ‘Creepy Boy Smile’. “Hey Naruto,” He looked up at Kiba, “Hello Kiba.” He shook his leg a bit, “Naruto, get up.” He looked up at Kiba as Naruto struggled to get up, cursing the whole way, “What are you doing?”

Kiba looked at the food spread out on the greasy tabletop, “Well, I believe this is called eating.” He checked once more, “Yep, definitely eating.”

Ignoring Naruto as he cackled madly in his seat, Gaara rolled his eyes, “You know what I mean.”

Kiba sighed, “We’ve been looking for a birthday present for Hinata.”

“Hinata?”

“Pale skin, short dark hair, really shy…” Naruto paused as Gaara shook his head, “White eyes?”

“They’re not white! They’re pale grey!” Kiba protested.

Gaara’s milky green eyes opened wide in realization, “Always twiddling her fingers, blushes a lot?” A nod confirmed this, “Oh…”

Naruto looked around idly, looking for a store Hinata might like something from. His eyes landed on one and he grinned, Perfect!

He got up and knelt by Kiba, “Hey Kiiiibaaa…” Kiba looked at him with more then a little caution, and Gaara just looked on curiously. Naruto pointed at the store he had been looking at previously. Kiba nodded, saying the thing Naruto had been thinking, “Perfect.”

They both got up to throw away their things, and headed to the store, Gaara trailing boredly beinhd them.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TBC...