TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


It's a Nanny's Job by Zenriek

[Reviews - 31]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
It's a Nanny's Job

Chapter Thirteen: Perverts and Pretty Colors

When Sasuke's wife divorces him, and leaves him their kids, it's up to him to find a nanny. But nobody's right for the job. Except for this blonde, who refuses to leave his property until he gets the job. What's Sasuke to do?


--------

Naruto grinned infectiously, "Oh, Sasuke, he's so cute!" He cooed as he scratched the kitten behind his big ears. Sytone immediately started purring.

Sasuke's dark look wasn't missed by Iruka however, and he hurried to explain, "I don't know how, but he got into Sarel's room and I got him out after he scared her and... Here we are." He finished lamely.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow and stared at him for a moment, "Uh-huh." He quipped.

He watched Naruto play with the kitten for a few more minutes, and even though he knew he shouldn't, he felt slightly warmed at the affection Naruto was displaying for such a small creature. It reminded him of the few times he had seen Naruto care for his children when he thought he wasn't watching.

Sasuke blinked and shook his head, realizing that he had to find some way to take care of this kitten problem. They were already attached to the little fur ball, that wasn't good... "Sarel, why don't you take the kitten and go into the living room to play with him. William, you go too." Both of his children obeyed and Sarel gently took the kitten from Naruto (who awed in disappointment) and went into the living room.

Sasuke rubbed his face in sudden tiredness, realizing that he hadn't gotten much sleep the other night. He reached into his back pocket and produced his wallet, grabbing a handful of bills before handing them to Iruka. Iruka's eyes widened as he saw the big wad of green paper and he shook his head, shoving the bills back into Sasuke's hand.

Sasuke looked at him, more than slightly bewildered, and tried to give it back. Iruka pushed his hand away. "I couldn't possibly take that, Mr. Uchiha. Your children were too much fun to take care of; it didn't feel at all like babysitting." He smiled.

Naruto sighed. He does this too much. He needs that money... But who am I to stop him? He crossed his arms and looked to the side, shaking his head with a light huff. He didn't notice that Sasuke noticed his irritated movements.

Nevertheless, Sasuke nodded slowly and re-pocketed the money in his front pocket while he placed his wallet in his back pocket. Naruto noticed this and raised an eyebrow in perplexity.

Sasuke stared at Iruka, and Naruto took the initiative and pushed Iruka on the back, pushing him out the door. Iruka had time to wave hastily and say, "Thanks for letting me baby-sit, Mr. Uchiha! Ow, Naru-" Naruto then shut the door in his face, leaning on the door to make sure Iruka didn't try to come back in. He was satisfied when he heard Iruka mutter something unintelligible and then the car starting. Knowing his father would wait for him, Naruto looked at Sasuke, waiting for him to say something.

Sasuke stepped forward, digging his hand into his pocket before producing the wad of cash and pressing it into Naruto's hand. At Naruto's questioning look, he said, "I had a feeling he needed it. Make sure he keeps it."

Naruto grinned, pocketing the money and saluting Sasuke. "I'll make sure to do that, captain." He winked at Sasuke with a smirk before leaving.

Sasuke stayed still, not even hearing the squeak of tires as Iruka backed out of the drive way, that wink replaying in his mind. Feeling slightly hotter than normal, he walked into the living room to have a talk with his children.

--------

Naruto had to smile slightly as Iruka began talking about the eventful day he had had with the children. He listened to a bit of it before tuning out, as he knew Iruka could talk for forever about such things.

He instead thought back on the day he had had with Sasuke, all of the things that had happened, all of the things he'd realized and found out about him and all of the things that Sasuke had found out about him in turn.

He chuckled quietly as he remembered he had come out to Sasuke, and Sasuke hadn't even bat an eyelash. Well, maybe he did bat an eyelash, but he didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Sasuke had found out his insatiable need to put smiles on other peoples' faces. He just couldn't stand to see other people sad.

His child-like nature had also been found out. Though he had a notion that Sasuke already knew because of the children telling him of their adventures and games. I wonder if I could get him to play on the playground with me again... Naruto wondered.

Before he knew it, Iruka stopped outside his apartment complex and he got out. He leaned down into the car and gave Iruka a one armed hug and thanked him for the ride before closing the door and going in.

He went up the staircase instead of the elevator, using the time to think. I guess I wasn't the only one who didn't get to make his dreams come true, huh? He thought, a bitter smile on his face. Poor Sasuke... And now there's no room for him to change jobs now that he's got kids.

He was down the hall from his apartment when he was bowled over by someone. He, and coincidentally the person on him, fell onto the floor. Hard.

Naruto moaned out muddled curses, not even noticing as the weight from his back lifted and he was left alone on the floor. He did, however, feel the booted toe nudging him in the shoulder.

Naruto moaned again and turned his head away, "Leave me 'lone." He whimpered, his head pounding. The cold floor felt like the only anchor keeping him on the ground. The rest of his body felt as if it could float away.

He heard a distinctly male voice talking, but the words were simply babbles to his ears; it was as if a child were talking. It didn't make any sense. Besides, the pretty colors before him when he opened his eyes were much more interesting.

More voices, higher pitched ones, joined to dance in the blur against his ears and he found himself getting frustrated and confused as the colors before his eyes started to make him nauseous. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the noise, but it got louder despite his attempts.

He lifted a hand and waved it in the direction of the sound, "Shutterup.." He slurred before letting the stray hand drop to the floor.

The only word that made it through to his muddled brain was 'shit', before he blacked out.

--------

Sasuke rubbed at his temples as he attempted to block out the whines of his children. He was currently attempting to get them to accept that the kitten couldn't stay.

They disagreed wholeheartedly. "You can't just take him away, Dad!"

"He's our's now! We named him! He likes us, Daddy! He'd be sad if we made him leave!" This had to be the loudest Sarel had ever been in her life.

Well, except for when he was tickling her. He loved the way she'd shriek with laughter when he did.

Sarel tugged at his shirt, "I don't want him to be sad, Daddy." She said, petting the kitten he currently held in one arm.

He let out a breath of air in exasperation as he knelt down to her level, "Honey, I'll say it again: we can't keep him."

"Why not?" William asked bluntly.

"Because we can't. Do you know how hard it is to train a kitten? The house would be wrecked within a few days! And who's going to play with him when you're at school and I'm at work?

He'd get lonely with nobody to play with." He explained, knowing that his reasons wouldn't matter to young children.

"Naruto." William said shortly, crossing his arms.

"What about him?" Sasuke asked, feeling a warm blush creeping onto his cheeks unbidden. What the hell is wrong with me?

"Naruto could play with Sytone while nobody's here." William clarified, look turning funny when he saw red cover his father's cheeks.

"And we'll take extra good care of him, Daddy! We'll play with him, and pet him, and feed him, and brush him, and.." Sarel took a deep breath before continuing, "And we'll love him."

Sasuke could feel his resolve breaking, but he shook his head anyway, trying to make sure they at least knew he wasn't going to be easy about this.

"Come on, Daddy! Mr. Iruka said it would be good..." William stopped and tried to sound out the new word, "Rasp-rusp... Rusponsability!"

Sasuke leaned back, frowning as he thought. It would teach them good responsibility...

"He needs to know we love him, Daddy. We'll always be there." Sarel petted the kitten currently curled on his arm, "If we give him away he'll think we don't love him. I don't want him to feel that."

Sasuke's eyes widened and his mouth formed a small 'o'. 'I don't want him to feel like me' was the hidden meaning. Sasuke groaned, knowing that the kitten would somehow make his life a living hell in his own innocent kitten way.

Nevertheless, he handed the kitten to Sarel and walked into the kitchen. "We'll have to get some stuff for him tomorrow." He murmured to himself as he went in.

William and Sarel paid no attention to him as they cuddled the kitten and cheered.

--------

Naruto rolled over onto his stomach, feeling strangely warm. He could feel that he was on something soft and knew that the world must be fine and dandy if he woke up surrounded by such warmth.

"Kid, wake up. Come on kid," Naruto's peaceful world was interrupted as he felt to large hands on his side, shaking him harshly. All of Naruto's hope in the world died in those few seconds. "Wake up, kid, I've got work to do."

Naruto growled and buried his face into the warmth under him, trying to ignore the demon of waking-up. Go away, jag-off... What kind of a word is that anyway? Naruto grinned goofily into the warmth as he repeated the word in his head, Jag-off, Hag-off; let's have a jack-off...

Naruto began to laugh hysterically. He rolled over again to be able to laugh more freely.

He rolled right off the wonderful peaceful warmth. Onto nice cold hard floor. His laughter cut off abruptly, Naruto sat up, holding his head in both hands as he leaned forward. "Ooh... my head..." He groaned, grimacing as he rubbed the sides of his head in an attempt to ease the minimal pounding.

Two booted feet appeared in his pain-blurred vision and Naruto slowly looked up. A man stood in front of him. A man with long white hair and baggy clothing.

He also wore strange make-up on his face. Was it make-up? Two red stripes ran down from the corners of his eyes to his jaw line like tears. Naruto said the first thing that came to mind, "Hello Mr. Clown." Because to him, the only men that wore make-up were cross-dressers, people on the news, and clowns.

An angry flush appeared on the man's face before he fisted his hand and brought it down on Naruto's head. Naruto cried out in anguish as his head ache intensified and he fell onto his side, clutching his head.

"Serves you right." The man growled.

Naruto was moaning for nearly five minutes after that before the ache died down. "That doesn't mean you could hit me!" He whined.

"Whatever, kid. I've got work to do. Let yourself out." He said as he went out the door.

Naruto rolled over onto his hands. A sly smirk made its way across his lips, "I wonder..." He murmured as he got up and followed the man out.

Naruto made sure to keep at least a few feet behind him at all times as he cautiously followed, his curiosity getting the better of him as it often did. He would've cursed his curiosity for getting him into so many bad situations, but that was why he loved it. It made his life more exciting.

However, a bad feeling started to stir in his gut when he found he had followed the man to a gym. Please tell me he's not an instructor... That's no fun...

He soon found himself wrong when the man stopped just outside the woman's changing rooms. He peeked inside and checked it thoroughly before stepping inside. Naruto grabbed the door after him and went in, closing it quietly.

Why the hell is he in the women's changing rooms? I probably shouldn't be here... And how has he not found out I'm following him yet? If I had known I was some sort of James Bond I'd be following murderers instead of perverts...

Naruto stumbled back, startled, when someone decided to shout something. "Kid, what the hell are you doing here?"

Ah. So the Clown Man had finally noticed him. Maybe he shouldn't have zoned out.

Naruto looked around, pretending to be surprised as he surveyed the obviously womanly bathrooms, "Oh!" He gasped, slapping a hand to his mouth, "Is this not the men's rooms?" He promptly turned around and proceeded to exit.

But was stopped when the distant voices of many women reached his ears, and they were coming closer.

"Oh, shit!" Naruto cursed, running back toward his stalkee in a panic. His stalkee wasn't doing much better. He was currently turning around in fast circles, trying to find a place to hide.

Naruto found the obvious hiding spot first and ran to one of the stalls, choosing to be the nice guy and letting the man in after him before shutting and locking the door.

They both stilled their breathing as they heard the women come in, laughing and talking loudly to each other. Naruto knew they probably wouldn't hear them if they did breathe, so he let his breath out and continued breathing like a normal human being.

It was the man he had been following, however, that decided that breathing wasn't a good thing to do. He slapped Naruto on the back of the head, "Shh!" He hissed, pressing a finger to his lips in the world-wide 'shut up' gesture, "Don't breathe so loud!"

Naruto had enough sense to be quiet in his indignation, "Me? You're the one who's talking!" He growled. He slapped a hand to the man's mouth when he moved to retort.

The man slapped his hand away and discreetly peeked through the free space between the stall door and the stall wall at the women changing into their clothes.

Naruto's eyes widened as he watched his companion in silence peeping on the women. He smacked the man upside the head, "What the hell is wrong with you!" He demanded in a harsh whisper.

The man looked at him strangely, "I did say I have to work, didn't I?"

Naruto gave him an incredulous look as he waved in the general direction of the oblivious women, "What kind of work requires peeping on women?" He asked stoutly, crossing his arms across his chest.

"The kind of work that involves writing books, brat. Now hush!" He replied.

Naruto toyed with the notion of yelling to get him caught, but that would mean he would be caught too. So instead he settled back against the wall and waited for the women to leave.

--------

Sasuke sighed as he watched one of the many shows on late at night, none of it registering in his brain as he worried.

Worried about what? Not the kitten, no, he was fully confident that with his guidance his children would take care of that little fur ball. They were Uchihas, after all.

About Naruto? Well, that was something to be worried about. He had recently been noticing how differently he acted around the obnoxious blonde, and he had started wondering why.

Especially since that hug.

But the current thing he was worrying about was a different blonde that took up a lot of his worrying time.

Three guesses who.

Sasuke was exceedingly aware that May fourteenth was coming up fast, and he was unsure as to what actions he should take. This happened every year. During the month of May before Mother's Day he'd become stressed. He'd stay up late and wouldn't eat as much until Mother's Day was gone and done for until next year.

Sasuke was puzzled when he realized that he hadn't even thought about it until he had looked at the calendar on the wall after talking to his children. It was May fifth. Mother's Day was on Sunday. He should've at least realized it was coming up. Had a passing thought. Anything.

But no, and he knew exactly why. Naruto. Naruto kept his thoughts occupied so that he had little else to think of. Naruto worried him, surprised him, warmed him.

And that was what scared him.

How did he know Naruto wasn't like every other person out there? Every other person whom had taken an interest in him? How did he know that if they were to get together that Naruto wouldn't only be doing it for his money, or his looks?

How did he know he wasn't just like Catherine?

Sasuke shook his head, pushing the blonde man from his mind. Back to the current subject.

He knew he had to let Catherine spend some time with the kids on Mother's Day. It was just the right thing. So should he tell her to come after they come home from...

Sasuke bolted up from where he had relaxed back onto the couch, eyes wide. What was he going to do with Naruto? Should he tell him to take the day off, or let him stay during the duration of time Catherine would be there?

Sasuke sighed as he thought back on the day his brother had talked to him about Naruto after meeting him. Sasuke sat back with a groan because he knew Naruto would have to meet her sooner or later, because he knew that Naruto would be with them a long time.

Sasuke rubbed at his forehead as he stood up and made his way to his bedroom, knowing that he would have to call his ex-wife the next day.

--------

Naruto barely had time to let a relieved smile cross his face once all the women had left before the man (whose name he had yet to learn) grabbed his arm and took off out of the stall. He had slammed the entrance door open and run out into the hall when a scream caught both their attention.

They both turned and caught sight of two women. They were both pointing at them and screaming, "Perverts! Perverts!" Naruto and the actually pervert stood there for a few seconds dumbly, but when the women each grabbed hold of their bags and made to smack the living daylights out of them, they both took off for the exit.

They didn't count on the women having buddies and a lot of energy. They accumulated and chased them both back to their apartment building. Naruto and the pervert broke ways to go to their respective apartments.

Once Naruto was safe and sound in his apartment (with a firmly locked door), he flopped down on his couch, suddenly feeling lifeless. He buried his face in the worn material of his couch and curled up into himself, feeling fit to sleep forever. Alright... No more following random people that almost flatten you in the hallway...

--------

Monday came soon enough and Naruto was making his way (by foot) to the Uchiha house. Lady Luck decided that in addition to the lingering head ache he had received from getting knocked over and almost killed by women on Friday, he needed to be almost drowned by a down poor of rain. Luckily he had had the sense to bring an umbrella with him.

Unluckily the only umbrella he had was the frilly pink one that had been given to him as a joke. Naruto had never gotten rid of it due to laziness.

So now many people were giving him strange looks and laughing at him. Could the day get any better? Why yes, add in the swell event of getting ten tons of water splashed on you by one of the fortunate citizens that owned a car. Naruto made sure to flip the guy off.

He may be a nanny to two wonderful kids, and he may be gay and starting to crush on his employer, but he did find life around the losers of the street more appealing than life around the so called richies and prissies.

So because of these few events, he showed up at the Uchiha door with an achy head, a soaked body, and an angry disposition. A droopy looking Naruto holding a frilly pink umbrella was what Sasuke opened his door to. When he noticed the moody look on Naruto’s face he refrained from commenting on the girly umbrella. He put a hand to Naruto's chest when he attempted to enter, a stern look on his face. "First of all, stand on the doormat, take off your shoes. I'll got get a few towels and a change of clothes. Stay put until I come back."

Naruto, although he felt like screaming in Sasuke's face, decided that it would be best to stay calm and accept his employer's offer of dry clothes. So he stood out in the rain for nearly five minutes impatiently with no shoes or socks on while Sasuke got towels and clothes for him to wear.

Sasuke came back and threw a large fluffy towel at him, dark blue as Naruto would expect. Naruto dried off as best he could before coming inside and accepting the clothes from Sasuke. "Go get changed while I get Sarel and William up." He said in monotone as he left him alone.

Naruto stared after him before looking down at the clothes in his arms. A dark blue t-shirt and a pair of blue jeans that looked like they would be tight on Sasuke. Naruto knew he would have difficulty maneuvering in them, being bigger than Sasuke.

Naruto went into the bathroom and got changed, choosing to leave his wet boxers on as he thought Sasuke wouldn't appreciate him going commando in such tight jeans. He knew that it would be uncomfortable but he'd live. He then hung his sopping wet clothes over the shower rail and exited the bathroom, knowing that there would be wetness on the jeans from the boxers.

He found Sasuke in the kitchen talking with his kids. Naruto leaned against the door frame as he watched, noticing that Sasuke seemed tired. He cocked his head as he watched. Yes, it was there. Sasuke was moving slower, and the smiles he gave his children seemed less pronounced.

Something was wrong. Naruto frowned hard when he realized he would have to find out what was bothering him, otherwise it would bother him forever.

Naruto went into the kitchen and by-passed Sasuke to begin making breakfast for Sarel and William quietly. He listened half-heartedly to the conversation Sasuke was having with his children and savored every laugh that came from his mouth, no matter how half-hearted they seemed.

Jeez Naruto, you're falling hard and fast.

As Sasuke got ready to leave, he motioned for Naruto to follow him out. Sasuke unfurled an umbrella and Naruto followed him to his car under it. They both stood under the blue umbrella as Sasuke tried to find the words he had been trying to think of since that morning.

"You remember learning about Catherine, right?" Sasuke asked, voice barely audible over the torrents of rain. Naruto winced, it sounded as if Sasuke had suddenly died when he said that. Naruto simply nodded. "She's coming over Thursday."

Panic laced up Naruto's chest and into his throat. What would he do? What would he say? Would the woman be nice? Would she be nice to him? Millions of questions flooded Naruto's mind as he voiced one with difficulty, "Why?"

"It's Mother's Day on Sunday, Naruto. She’s coming on Thursday because she has a business trip from Friday to next Wednesday." Sasuke said, a hint of the old dryness back as amusement flickered in his eyes.

"Oh.." Naruto said, suddenly feeling hesitant. "So... What do you want me to do? Take the day off?"

Sasuke shook his head emphatically, "No. You'll come just like every day and meet her. She'll come around four thirty, and I'll make sure to be home soon after that. You'll be able to meet her and the kids will talk with her too. She insisted upon making dinner for us, so you don't have to."

Naruto nodded, unsure as to how to respond to that. What was he supposed to talk about to Sasuke's ex-wife?

Sasuke remained silent and handed the umbrella to Naruto before he backed out of the driveway and drove down the street and out of sight.

Naruto ran back inside to check on the kids. They were both by the door, bags and lunches in hand. Naruto smiled approvingly despite the intense nervousness gnawing at his very bones and let them have the umbrella as he retrieved the keys from a hook on the wall and followed them out.

--------

TBC...