TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


If we Come From Ashes, That Is What We Will Go Back To by Wolf_Hanyou_Shinobi

[Reviews - 0]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes: I finally felt like continuing this, enjoy ^^

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the original naruto characters and the such.
The mission went like any other mission, it was easily completed earlier than expected, and so they lounged around the place for a while since they had time to spare. It went with Ryu wanting to find somewhere quiet to read peacefully, but Raiden wouldn’t leave him alone. Amaya hung around in trees, alleys, and on rooftops watching the clouds roll by as her mind questioned everything. Kendari was the only one interested in the village itself and she toured the entire thing thrice, seeing everything possible. It was much different from their village as it was bright and people were calm and happy. Few people in Kagegakure ever smiled and Kendari couldn’t help but be so surprised, the others were used to it. Eventually, however, they did have to leave the calm place and return to their village and they met at the hotel to gather their things.

“Oi, Amaya-Sama, are all other villages like this?”, Kendari asked bright eyed.

“Hnn, most of them…it disgusts me really…”, Amaya almost growled catching Raiden’s attention.

“I think its mind easing that not all places our as dreary as the village. I mean why would you like such a depressing place, especially you Amaya-Chan after all…”, Ryu hit him over the head shutting him up for he knew that wasn’t a good subject to dwell into.

“Stop your babbling, baka. Do you enjoy giving everyone around you a headache?”, his voice was quiet yet when Ryu was irritated it was menacing. He started off towards home knowing the others would follow as they did, Raiden muttering, ’shadow-teme’, in annoyance.
It wasn’t too long before they came across the village and Amaya, whom was a couple hundred meters in front of the others, stopped in her tracks and went back to the others.

“Kendari-san, would you mind going back? I lost my favorite kunai and I would hate to have some demon get it.”, she said bluffing as she didn’t want her to see. Ryu raised an eyebrow knowing well enough Amaya wouldn’t care if she lost a kunai. Kendari wasn’t so critical and happily went off to look for it. After Kendari was out of earshot, Amaya sighed pointing towards the village, “You might not want to see it either so I’ll just say it. The village is destroyed, the place is in rubble and there are the half eaten corpses of the villagers everywhere.”

Raiden’s knees gave out from shock and Ryu’s normally blank face showed what was as close to devastation as was possible from him. He went past Amaya to see it for himself, Raiden didn’t move, couldn’t move, didn’t want to move as his family was dead, his other friends were dead. He looked up to Amaya and saw the blank expression on her face which meant she was deep in thought. He wondered what she felt, her mother and half-siblings, her step-father the Yukaikage, they were gone. But they was something else, he knew the villagers hated Amaya, he didn’t know why they did so only that they did, he wondered if she was happy. Just as the thought crossed his mind Amaya’s mouth twitched and he could tell, heart sinking, that she was holding back from laughter.
As quickly as it came, it vanished however, and she spoke normally, “I don’t want Kendari-san to see it. Let’s not bother with the village at all and get out of here. There is a large shinobi nation to the south that we could go to. Tell her it’s a new top secret special mission.” Ryu rejoined the two amazed and shocked. Amaya sensed Kendari returning and glared at the two, “Not a word of it.”, she hissed.

“Amaya-sama, I couldn’t find your kunai. Please forgive me, take my best kunai.”, she fumbled in her kunai holster for it and offered it to Amaya whom refused.

“Never mind that, we have a new mission!”, she smiled as warmly as possible to the younger girl, “We’re going to be staying at the Konoha village in the Land of Fire for a while.”

“Really? Wow! I better go pack!”, Kendari tried to go towards the village but Amaya grabbed her sleeve and pulled her back.

“No time. We have to leave at once, Yukaikage’s orders. And one more thing, you can’t say anything to the Konoha shinobi about our mission, k?”, Amaya said starting off, Ryu and Raiden following. A bit confused, Kendari made sure to follow not wanting to be left behind.

For once in their life Ryu and Raiden had the same thought, ‘Why is she protecting Kendari?’
Chapter end notes: Teh, review, I wanna know what you people think of it. Please and thanks~