TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [651]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [865]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [291]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [125]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5884
Chapters: 25418
Word count: 47689150
Authors: 2162
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Training Wheels by Frosty

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
AN: They finally get sorted into teams! Sorry for the wait… and for misspelling both sharingan and Hatake last chapter! I wrote it at midnight, and I had more misspellings than those, but I caught most of them. Please don’t hate me for it! Hope you like this next chapter!


OC Character guide:
Hatake Misa – Daughter of Sakura and Kakashi. No crushes to report at this time.

Hyuuga Hakira – Daughter of Naruto and Hinata. Flirts with any male that walks. Has byakugan.

Uchiha Aki – Son of Sasuke and Temari’s, brother to Kima. Still won‘t admit he likes Misa.

Nara Yuka – Daughter of Shikamaru and Ino. No interest in male gender.

Pochi – Adopted son of Garra and Lee. Crush on Hakira

Inuzuka Sagi – Son of Kiba and Tenten, friends with
Yuka and Pochi, black hair, works with Ika, a shiba inu pup. Likes Misa.


---


“Catch me if you can, Aki!” Misa sang, skipping away down the street and giggling playfully as she did so. Her waist-length pink hair was free for once, forehead protector around her neck as she headed toward the academy to find out what team she was to be on. Aki rolled his eyes and tried to act like he didn’t want to play, working hard to look serious.

“Aki, you slowpoke! You’ll never catch me by walking!” She teased “Then again, I don’t think you could catch me if you tried, so maybe it’s better to give up, you biki biki you!” she added, climbing up onto a sign and sitting down with an exaggerated yawn. That did the trick, and Aki’s eyes flashed at the challenge.

“Oh? Is that right? Just watch me!” he said, then started running at the girl. Misa squealed and she jumped from the sign, hitting the ground running. Aki almost had her when she turned quickly and danced out of his grip.

“Can’t catch me!” she laughed, jumping away from him then waiting for his next attempt. Suddenly her foot caught a stone – what was a stone doing in the street anyway? – and she started to fall backwards, Aki had lunged at the same time, and they went down in a heap, Aki on top with his face just inches from hers.

Click

“That’s one for the books!” Hakira said with a laugh and a teasing smile as she looked down at the two of them.

“Aki, get off me you baka!” Misa ordered and Aki hastily complied, face crimson. Misa jumped up as well, glaring at Hakira.

“Oh… did I interrupt something? Please, continue, I want to get a good pic of you two kissing so I can show it to everyone!” she added, smiling sweetly and motioning them to get to it. “Really, it’s about time, you two!”

“Kira” Misa said in a threateningly low tone.

“What?”

“You are so dead!”

“I’d start running if I were you” Aki said, looking equally ready to murder his friend.

“Eep!” Hakira said, and took off at a sprint.

“I’ll go for her, you get the camera?” Misa questioned.

“Works for me”

They tore after her.


---


Due to their early-morning antics the three were the first to show up, breathless and full of laughter. Misa had sprung a tickle attack on Hakira when she finally caught up to her, and Hakira had responded in turn. In moments it had turned into an all-out tickle war, and both were clutching their sides and cracking up in the classroom as a result. Aki had managed to avoid the insane girl’s tickling, and was sitting behind them, a bemused expression on his face. He had definitely enjoyed the show. Of course when the girls noticed the appreciative look on his face they had turned their devilish energy on him.

“Were you watching us have a tickle war?” Misa demanded to know.

“What’s with the look?” Hakira joined in. They looked at each other, then at him.

“Pervert!” They yelled in unison. Aki took a step backwards, preparing to run for it…

…and was tackled by two slightly offended but laughing girls. By the time their classmates arrived he was tied up on the table and Misa was sitting on him. Hakira – who had the idea to get a picture of Misa tying him up – was hanging from the ceiling, completely immobilized.

“What happened here?” Pochi asked, looking over
the strange scene with wide eyes.

“I don’t think we want to know” Inuzuka Sagi responded, coming up behind the adopted boy. A bark came for his hood. “Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, Ika” he responded to the small dog’s question.

“Hey, what are those on the table?” Nara Yuka asked from her position in one of the back tables. It seemed that no-one had noticed blonde sleeping in the back corner when they came in.

“Don’t touch those!” Misa shouted “I was going to” Pochi picked them up “incinerate” his eyes widened and he quickly showed them to Sagi “them…”

“To late for that now” Yuka put in, and Misa scowled at the girl “Hey, Pochi, Dog bogy! Bring those over here!” she ordered, and Sagi, currently in possession of the photos, brought them over and gave them to the girl. Yuka arched her eye-brow and looked at Misa, who wished the floor would open up and swallow her. Yuka might be lazier than dirt, but when it came to gossip she easily took the gold medal. If the whole of Konoha knew by the end of the day Misa wouldn’t be surprised.

“Hey, Misa, you have your protector on in this. How long ago was this taken?” Sagi asked, eyeing the girl then looking back to the picture. “And why would you choose to do that there?”

“Do what where?” Misa asked, her face redder than it had ever been before as she imagined which of the photos Sagi was looking at. “Nothing happened! I swear! I fell over! He tripped and fell on me! Then Kira came by and took a picture! That’s all!”

“Then what are you doing now?” Pochi asked her while Sagi gave Aki a ‘Nice! I can’t believe you got that!’ look, which made the poor boy turn crimson. Misa looked down to realize that she was still sitting on Aki and she immediately jumped away.

“Nothing! I didn’t tie him up! Hakira did! Honest!” At this Kira snorted.

“Not according to this” Yuka said, holding up an incriminating photo.

Misa was saved trying to defend herself and Yuka was saved a severe beating when the door opened and they were called to order. The person giving them their team assignments was Iruka, and Hakira twisted around in her stuck state to look over at him before going back to attempting to free herself via wriggling a lot. It wasn’t working. Thankfully, Aki, who had managed to untie himself, came to her rescue. She fell down into his arms and would’ve kissed him and gone for a kill had he not been so totally off limits to her. Aki was Misa’s, whether Misa knew that or not, and Hakira would not be the one to take him from her.

“Thanks Aki!” she whispered, and quickly seated herself between him and Misa. All three turned forward to face their sensei who was starting to speak.

“From this day forward you are no longer mere students of ninjutsu, you are full fledged shinobi!”

The class let out a collective cheer, cutting off Iruka-sensei’s next comment. He stared at the young ninja until they grew quiet and looked back at him, ready to hear what came next.

“As I was saying” Iruka continued “you are only novices, the lowest of the low, in the shinobi ranks. Your greatest challenges have yet to come. The next step is the assignment of official duties to you all that will benefit our village. To start, I have put you in three man cells that will be led by a jonin, or a more senior ninja. This jonin will coach and teach you as you start out on your new assignments. I have organized the cells according to your strengths and weaknesses, so the teams should be a well balanced mix. There will be no switching cells, so learn to like your teammates” he finished.
Hakira, Aki, and Misa all linked hands, silently praying that they would be put together. They sat through the first few cells, grateful that so far they had not been separated as of yet.

“Cell four will consist of Hatake Misa”

Their hands tightened around each others as the first of the three’s names was called.

“Uchiha Aki”

Aki breathed a sigh of relief and Misa smiled at him before looking back to Iruka and willing the last name to be Hakira’s.

“And”

They all held their breath.

“Inuzuka Sagi”

“WHAT?” Hakira, Aki, and Misa demanded at practically the same time.

“YES! I get to be with hot chick and genius boy!” Sagi exclaimed simultaneously with their outburst.

Iruka, used to complaints about teams by now, ignored the outburst and continued to read off his sheet. While he did this, Misa and Aki tried to console Hakira while keeping half an ear out for their friends name.

“It doesn’t matter, Hakira, we’ll still hang out all the time. It’s not like this will change anything really” Misa assured her.

“Yeah, but now I’m probably going to get stuck with some idiot and a perv!” Hakira complained “You two I can deal with. I’m used to your stupidity, Misa” she managed to joke, getting a punch in the shoulder for her efforts. It was light though, obviously friendly.

“And Hyuuga Hakira” Iruka finished.

“WHAT?” The three chorused again.

“You’re with me and Pochi, dobe” Yuka informed them, sounding sour but looking quite pleased with her team.

“Oh, well I guess my teams not so bad” Hakira said at the same time that Misa exclaimed

“You poor thing! You got stuck with that pig? Well, at least you have Pochi, he’s decent…”

“What’s so wrong with Yuka? She’s smart. Why do you two hate each other anyway, Misa-chan?” Hakira asked.

“Yeah. What’s up with that, Yuka?” Pochi asked the lazy blonde.

“It’s a… family matter…” they both said at the same time, then glared at each other for doing so.

“Ahem!” Iruka coughed.

“Sorry Sensei!” they all said.

“Your senior ninjutsu instructors will be introduced to you this afternoon. Till then… you are free to go!” He told them.

“Hey, I’m starving, let’s go eat!” Hakira exclaimed. “My treat” she added when Misa and Aki started digging in their pockets, looking for spare change. “What do you guys want?”

Misa and Aki looked at each other, then looked at Hakira.

“RAMEN! RAMEN! RAMEN!” They chanted in unison.

“Do you eat anything other than ramen?” Hakira asked with a groan.

“Why would you need to?” Aki asked her, looking at his friend like she was stupid or something.

“Yeah, Kira, your own dad even says that ‘Ramen is close to godliness’ doesn’t he? It’s truly tragic that you’re allergic” Misa put in, and Aki nodded solemnly.

“Whatever” Hakira said, rolling her eyes “We’ll go to the Ramen shop, but we have to stop somewhere so that I can pick up something to eat too” she decided. The others nodded, and they headed off for their last meal before they met their new teachers.


---


AN: Well, that was chapter two. Did you like it? Hate it? Please let me know in a review. Even if it’s just an ‘it was awesome!’ or an ‘I hated it!’ I’d still like to get a review. If you do have criticism – which I know you do – I’d love to hear it, because I’m always trying to improve my writing. I’m hoping to get at least two reviews before I post the next chapter, but even if I don’t get any I’ll probably upload it by Saturday morning because I’m too nice to withhold anything from you people.