TONFA
The Original Naruto Fanfic Archive

Main Categories

Het Romance [1092]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around different sex couples.
Alternate Universe & Crossovers [645]
Where cast of the Naruto Universe are inserted into an alternate universe.
Essays & Tutorials [17]
An area to submit intelligent essays debating topics about the Naruto Universe and writing tutorial submissions.
 
General Fiction [1739]
Any Naruto fanfiction focused without romantic orientation, on a canon character in the current Naruto Universe.
OC-centric [862]
Any Naruto fanfic that has the major inclusion of a fan-made character.
Non-Naruto Fiction [290]
Self-evident
 
Shonen-ai/Yaoi Romance [1575]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around male same sex couples.
MadFic [194]
Any fic with no real plot and humor based. Doesn't require correct spelling, paragraphing or punctuation but it's a very good idea.
 
Shojo-ai/Yuri Romance [106]
Any Naruto fanfiction with the main plot orientating around female same sex couples.
Fan Ninja Bingo Book [124]
An area to store fanfic information, such as bios, maps, political histories. No stories.
 
 

Site Info

Members: 11986
Series: 261
Stories: 5877
Chapters: 25362
Word count: 47451233
Authors: 2161
Reviews: 40828
Reviewers: 1750
Newest Member: Niri6q
Challenges: 255
Challengers: 193
 


Salvation by jenl821

[Reviews - 80]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Salvation

Salvation

 

Chapter 8: With Love And Regret

 

 

 

Sakura blinked a few times before she opened her eyes.  The sun was blinding, and she brought her hand up to block the light.

 

Where am I?  She thought for a moment, when things suddenly clicked.  That’s right, I’m in the hospital.  And I’m no longer a kunoichi. 

 

She didn’t have long to dwell on her thoughts before a loud voice boomed in the room.

 

“Sakura-chan!  You’re awake!”  Naruto said, and Sakura turned to look at him fully.

 

He was standing by her bed, looking at her with concern-filled eyes.  Movement toward the back of the room caught her eye, and she looked over to see Kakashi sitting on a chair, reading his famous book.

 

He gave a small wave to her before turning back to his reading.  Sakura rolled her eyes at him and focused back on Naruto.

 

“Hey Naruto, Kakashi-sensei,” Sakura said cheerfully.  She wanted to mask her feelings right now.  She didn’t want Naruto and Kakashi to know how upset she was about all of this.

 

“Finally.  We’ve been sitting here for hours hoping you would wake up.  Tsunade-baa-chan said you can probably go home today.  Are you okay?”  Naruto said with amazing speed.  Sakura wondered how he could have so much energy.

 

“I’m fine, Naruto.  I’m glad I’ll be able to go home today.  It will be good to get out of this white room and back to the world of color,” Sakura said.  “Have you seen Sasuke?”

 

Naruto’s smiled faltered a bit before he said, “No, I decided to wait until you were up and we could go and see him together.”

 

“Is he still locked up?”  Sakura asked, before reaching over for the glass of water on the table.  Before she could grab it, Naruto got to it first.  He handed her the glass.  Sakura smiled.  It was just like Naruto to always be there for her.

 

“Yeah, he has to stay there until they decide what to do with him,” Naruto answered.  “Tsunade-baa-chan wants to see us in her office to recount the events from before.”

 

Sakura nodded her head in understanding.  “So, how are you Naruto?  You seem to be fine.  Have all your injuries healed?”

“Yes, basically.  I have a few small scars, but maybe when you’re feeling better you can take a look at them and work your magic on me,” Naruto said and Sakura could tell he was only trying to make her feel better.  He doesn’t know that I don’t have any chakra anymore. 

 

Sakura looked down at the bed.  “Yeah, someday,” Sakura muttered.

 

“Naruto, I think it’s time we leave Sakura to get some more rest, especially if she wants to leave here today,” Kakashi said.  Sakura looked up to see he was standing right beside Naruto now.  She couldn’t see his face, but his eyes conveyed everything.  Sakura knew that Tsunade must have told Kakashi about her situation.

 

“Alright, Kakashi-sensei,” Naruto said before turning back to Sakura.  “Get some rest Sakura-chan.  I’ll see you later today when you’re out of this place!”  Sakura smiled and nodded her head.  He turned and headed for the door.

 

Sakura looked back up to Kakashi who was giving her a sentimental look.  “Don’t worry Sakura, I truly believe things will work out,” he said before ruffling her hair around like a child.  Sakura pouted for a bit, but smiled, none-the-less.  Waving to them both, she watched as they exited the room.

 

I can’t wait to get out of here.  I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to do with my life.  And I need to tell Naruto the truth.  That will be tough. 

 

Getting out of bed, Sakura walked over to the window.  She stared out and watched as a couple children were practicing some of their skills.  Sakura envied them.  But she stopped herself.  I can’t be like this.  Why am I sitting here feeling bad for myself?  That isn’t me.  I made the decision, it was my choice, and I have to live with it.  It’s not like I can’t help out in other ways. 

 

Sakura smiled at her new resolve.  Even though this was going to be a challenge, she had to believe that everything would work out.  I’m going to get through this and I’m going to live my life, regardless of what I’ve lost.

 

&&&&&&&&&&&

&&&&&&&&&&&

 

Naruto and Sakura both walked out of Tsunade’s office.  They had just finished telling the Hokage everything that had occurred on the mission to bring back Sasuke.

 

Sakura was surprised when Tsunade congratulated them for completing the mission, but right after she yelled at them for being so reckless.  Sakura knew the statement was meant more for her than Naruto, but for now that information was going to stay between the few who knew, which included Tsunade, Kakashi, and herself.

 

“Well, that went better than expected,” Sakura commented as her and Naruto made their way down the steps of the Hokage Tower.

 

“Yeah, and now there is just Sasuke to deal with,” Naruto commented.

 

“Well, Tsunade-sama said that she would take all his actions into account.  She said she would speak with Sasuke some more and determine from there what the punishment will be,” Sakura said.

 

“Yeah, I’m surprised the teme waived the trial.  I wouldn’t ever believe that he would just accept whatever punishment was thrown at him without being able to plead his case,” Naruto said.

 

“Well, you know Sasuke.  He’s so stubborn and he doesn’t talk much anyway.  I don’t really think you could defend yourself if all you could really say was ‘hn’,” Sakura said and they both shared a laugh.  “Maybe they’ll get something out of Kabuto.  Tsunade-sama mentioned they were interrogating him right now.”

 

Naruto nodded his head.  “Hopefully.  We need to take down Orochimaru before he causes any more destruction.”

 

Sakura nodded her head in agreement.

 

“Hey N-Naruto-kun, Sakura-chan,” a voice said and Sakura looked over to see Hinata standing before them.   She was blushing and Sakura couldn’t hold her smile.

 

“Hinata!  Where did you come from?”  Naruto said with a huge smile on his face.

 

“I-I was on my way to get some food, and I saw you two.  I-I wanted to say hi,” Hinata stuttered, the red getting just a little deeper on her cheeks.

 

“Hey Hinata.  Looks like you’re doing well,” Sakura commented. 

 

“Ye-yes,” Hinata said.

 

“Well, food sounds good.  Let’s go get ramen, want to Hinata?”  Naruto said, his mouth already drooling.

 

“Yes-ye-yes,” Hinata said.

 

“You wanna come to, Sakura-chan?”  Naruto said, looking over at her.

 

“No, you two go ahead.  I’ve got some things I need to do,” Sakura said.  She waved bye and watched as the two headed off in the direction of the ramen stand.

 

What a cute couple.  If only Naruto would wake up and see that Hinata is totally in love with him.  Hmm, maybe I can work something together.

 

Sakura’s mind was spinning with ideas as she headed toward her house. 

 

&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&

 

Sasuke was awoken by the sound of a slamming door. 

 

“Wake up, Uchiha,” a voice said.  Sasuke rolled over and looked up to see Tsunade standing before him.

 

Sasuke got up and slowly made his way toward the front of his cell.

 

He was about to speak when two more guards came through the door.  He watched as they carried an unconscious Kabuto back to his cell.   He was wondering why, and then suddenly it clicked in his head.  Interrogation.  Of course they would interrogate him.

 

“I’ve spoken with Naruto and Sakura.  They both confirmed what you already told me.  They also both admitted the fact that they were the ones who decided to transfer their chakra to you,” Tsunade said, looking sternly at Sasuke with her hands on her hips.  “But just because you told the truth now, doesn’t mean I can trust you.  You have a long way to go before I can do that.  Naruto and Sakura may trust you, I don’t know why, but they do so that gives you a little bit of credit.”

 

Sasuke looked down at the floor.  Again, guilt was welling up in his stomach.  When had he started to get so damn emotional?

 

“I’ve come across some new information, and I’ve also determined your punishment,” Tsunade said.

 

Sasuke looked up in interest.

 

“Kabuto eventually admitted that Orochimaru has something that we need; something very important.  I want you to retrieve it,” Tsunade said.

 

Sasuke frowned.  This was his punishment?  To go back to Orochimaru?  Were they serious?  He wasn’t an errand boy.  He could do probation, but not this.  “Why would I do that?”

 

Tsunade frowned.  She gripped one of the bars in front of her and squeezed it in anger.  It immediately crushed inward.  “If you want to avoid death, I suggest you take it.  It’s in both our best interests.”

 

“Why me?” Sasuke asked.

 

“Because you know Orochimaru better than any one, well besides me and Jiraya.  And Jiraya is out getting information on Akatsuki and I’m needed here at the moment,” Tsunade told him.

 

“So that’s all I have to do? Get this and that’s all?”  Sasuke asked, curious.  There had to be more.

 

“No, but the success of this mission will greatly affect the overall punishment.  I’ll let you know exactly what that is when you return,” Tsunade said to him.

 

“How do you know I won’t just run off once you let me go?” Sasuke said.

 

“Well, if you do, then when we do catch you, there will be no negotiation about your punishment,” Tsunade answered and Sasuke knew she meant death.  “But, also, to make sure I’m sending Naruto with you.”

 

Sasuke frowned.  He couldn’t do this with that idiot.  “Hm, that dobe is no good,” Sasuke commented.

 

“You better think twice about that, Uchiha.  He did almost sacrifice his life for you, just to save your sorry ass,” Tsunade said, anger dripping off every word.

 

Sasuke again felt the guilt, and he knew he should.  Tsunade was right; he should give Naruto more credit.  But it was so hard for him to do.  It was another thing he needed to work on.

 

Sasuke nodded his head, not really sure what to say.

 

“I’m sending him with you because I trust him, and he’s one of the only two people that can handle you and keep you in check.  And since Sakura can’t do it, Naruto’s the best choice,” Tsunade told him.

 

I wonder why Sakura can’t do it?  She must still be recovering from her injuries.  Again, the guilt hit him.

 

“What is it that I need to get?”  Sasuke said.

 

Tsunade looked down the hall, then back to Sasuke.  “You need to get a vile.  It’s purple in color.  Kabuto stated that it would be with Orochimaru’s other viles down with his experiments.  He said that it was unlike any other bottle.”

 

“How do you know you can trust what Kabuto tells you.  He’s loyal to Orochimaru,” Sasuke asked her.

 

“Oh, we have our ways, but that’s not something you need to know about,” Tsunade said.

“What’s it for?” Sasuke asked.

 

“It’s for Sakura, and it’s important,” Tsunade admitted.

 

Sasuke looked at Tsunade.  “Sakura?” he asked before he could stop himself.

 

Tsunade looked down and Sasuke could tell she was contemplating on whether or not she should tell him.

 

“When she and Naruto transferred all their chakra to you, well Naruto was able to recover just fine, but Sakura wasn’t so lucky,” Tsunade told him.

 

Sasuke’s eyes widened a bit in concern.  “What do you mean?”

 

“She gave all of her chakra to you, and because of that she has none left.  She is no longer a kunoichi,” Tsunade told him.

 

Sasuke’s heart seemed to skip a small beat at this information.  Because of him, Sakura gave up what mattered most to her.  She was no longer a kunoichi.  How could this have happened?  He had caused this.  Now’s your chance to fix it.

 

“So this vile is supposed to do what exactly?”  Sasuke asked.

 

“It restores chakra to a person’s body.  It’s the only way to give back to Sakura what she lost,”  Tsunade said.

 

Sasuke didn’t need anymore convincing.  Looking up to Tsunade with resolve in his eyes he said, “When do we leave” and for the first time Tsunade smiled.

 

&&&&&&&&&&&
&&&&&&&&&&&

I know what you are wondering, where is the Sasuke/Sakura interaction.  Well, don’t worry, it’s coming.  This chapter was a bit of a filler, but next chapter is very important to the story!  Thanks for the reviews so far!

Also, I wrote a one-shot called A Modern Myth so if you get a chance, check it out!